Page 3354 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 2354285432543304334433493352335333543355335633593364340434543854 ... LastLast
Results 67,061 to 67,080 of 79530

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

With the release of lb3 intro im still confused how the hell some humans including david bluebook survived the bleaching by simply hiding underground. Wasnt the bleaching supposed to wipe away the whole "world of men" texture? Or is being underground means you're already on a different texture hence unaffacted by the wipe? If i remember right a texture is supposed to be an entire layer of reality kind of like no matter how deep humans dig underground and end up on what they think is like the mantle they're still on the "world of men" layer.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverse_side98 View Post
    With the release of lb3 intro im still confused how the hell some humans including david bluebook survived the bleaching by simply hiding underground. Wasnt the bleaching supposed to wipe away the whole "world of men" texture? Or is being underground means you're already on a different texture hence unaffacted by the wipe? If i remember right a texture is supposed to be an entire layer of reality kind of like no matter how deep humans dig underground and end up on what they think is like the mantle they're still on the "world of men" layer.
    They had to kill the humans one by one, so wiping away "the whole 'world of men' texture" does not erase humans, I suppose.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Quote Originally Posted by Herod View Post
    They had to kill the humans one by one, so wiping away "the whole 'world of men' texture" does not erase humans, I suppose.
    If that was case then i guess the alien god didnt do a good job but then what about the whole evrything is white? Is it just something like the day the earth stood still? The target of erasure was very specific so not everything was erased

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Event chapter 2 finished.

No, it was a nondescript silhouette.

fucking red communist Angra shooting my boy Bluebook like that

JP Friend Code
    You know the gun is looking really similar to the one that was in episode 0 of Babylonia. While it lacks smaller detail, the shape and overall design is very much identical.
    Plus, I also think that idea that Daybit and David is one person is kinda strange, mostly because, David doesn't exactly sound like an emotionless genius that doesn't understand others. While you could argue that possible time-travel and other things could change person's outlook on life, they never wil make you a genius on the level of Da Vinci and other mages.
    Does David even knows about magic? Because I feel like David was noted to be just a normal guy, who decided to drive around and find why evertyhing was bleached, plus, he did sound rather, eh, understading of others(iirc).

- - - Updated - - -
    After looking, it even looks like the grips on the gun are the same
    Last edited by WhiteNightSin; November 20th, 2020 at 06:29 AM.
    JP:
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    I think I cracked the code. You know how Parvati was just put into the game one day and had no content for a year or two until Okuu, which was all about her and obviously what she was written around in the first place? Since YuYu did not get any content all year, I think we were not supposed to have gotten her for anniversary, and she was supposed to be the third or fourth servant in this gacha, thereby making it less awkard. Maybe they were confident it'd be alright because there was supposed to have been another servant in here, that they couldn't finish.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteNightSin View Post
    After looking, it even looks like the grips on the gun are the same
    Spoiler:

A lot of it is off, in particular safety and the rectangular bit below the barrel, but it looks a little like a CZ75. You know who uses a CZ75? Sion. It's the Black Barrel.

US Friend Code
    (Professor) I've been taking study lessons from Da Vinci-san. The Shadow Border and Nautilus can command the land and seas respectively, so next up is the skies~. I'm a little uneasy about it though.
    Do you think this is foreshadowing anything?

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Do you think this is foreshadowing anything?
    you gotta fly in LB7

Blog Entries
    I give it 75% odds that someone rams the Shadow Border and/or Nautilus into OORT as part of a heroic sacrifice.
    The Adventure of the Velvet Room (Sherlock Holmes/Persona) (SB, FFN, AO3)

Blog with all of my Servants so far.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Plus, I also think that idea that Daybit and David is one person is kinda strange, mostly because, David doesn't exactly sound like an emotionless genius that doesn't understand others.
    Giving up on the idea of communication doesn't mean you don't understand others, it just means you don't know how to make others understand you. Daybit already proved himself to be extremely understanding in LB4.

While you could argue that possible time-travel and other things could change person's outlook on life, they never wil make you a genius on the level of Da Vinci and other mages.
    Bluebook openly mentions in his LB5 section that we was always considered a genius because of his hyperthymesia.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Regarding FGO's latest event, Imaginary Scramble. Though I only read the summaries since I can't read Japanese, so it might be a bit off, but this crossed my mind. Here goes.

About the event's Foreigner Servant, Clytie-van Gogh. Her circumstances was caused by van Gogh's unwillingness to help Outer God(s)' scheme, hence the need of his powers to be ingrained to Clytie.
    This reminds me of Alien God and Olga Marie theory, that Alien Priestess is Olga Marie's consciousness while her body is used by Alien God. What if Olga Marie resisted AG so much that it forced AG to trap her mind inside Priestess, which explain how she couldn't communicate normally, and also how AG got the knowledge of Chaldea and is even dubbed as Anti-Chaldea? There are times that Priestess' action somewhat helps Chaldea, like destroying Russia's Fantasy Tree, but there are points where she also berate them, like Olga Marie would as Director scolding subordinates.

I read in other forums how mixed the reception of this event was, but I think they have to make it so that the revelation and explanations for Alien God's nature won't be entirely came out of nowhere and long-winded.

That's my speculation. Is that likely?

speculation time.

i have seen several people say that the topics of the 4 singularities in EoR will end up spelling the truth for mystery of the plot of the Lostbelt saga.

"A plot devised through fabrication"

"Subjugation through fantasy"

"Vengeance sought through dreams"

"Advent through superstition"

we can already guess what the first two allude to given the deductions we got from Olympus regarding the Fantasy Trees, but where do you think the last two will come into play?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    About the event's Foreigner Servant, Clytie-van Gogh. Her circumstances was caused by van Gogh's unwillingness to help Outer God(s)' scheme, hence the need of his powers to be ingrained to Clytie.
    This reminds me of Alien God and Olga Marie theory, that Alien Priestess is Olga Marie's consciousness while her body is used by Alien God. What if Olga Marie resisted AG so much that it forced AG to trap her mind inside Priestess, which explain how she couldn't communicate normally, and also how AG got the knowledge of Chaldea and is even dubbed as Anti-Chaldea? There are times that Priestess' action somewhat helps Chaldea, like destroying Russia's Fantasy Tree, but there are points where she also berate them, like Olga Marie would as Director scolding subordinates.

I read in other forums how mixed the reception of this event was, but I think they had to make it so that the revelation and explanations for Alien God's nature won't be entirely came out of nowhere and long-winded.

That's my speculation. Is that likely?
    Your strongest point here "I think they had to make it so that the revelation and explanations for Alien God's nature won't be entirely came out of nowhere and long-winded." This wouldn't be a main story chapter if it didn't have an essential purpose to the overarching narrative, and with both the Outer Gods and Beast VII being fictional alien gods, it's very safe to guess that this event is a manual to how Olga should be dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    speculation time.

i have seen several people say that the topics of the 4 singularities in EoR will end up spelling the truth for mystery of the plot of the Lostbelt saga.

"A plot devised through fabrication"

"Subjugation through fantasy"

"Vengeance sought through dreams"

"Advent through superstition"

we can already guess what the first two allude to given the deductions we got from Olympus regarding the Fantasy Trees, but where do you think the last two will come into play?
    I think these keywords apply only for their respective EoR chapters. Other than that, Shinjuku and Agartha are there to show fully fictional worlds before the Lostbelts happen, Shimousa to introduce Douman and the alien god (while clueing in at its potential nature as a devil), and Salem to create the Foreigner class, which mirrors Olga's situation in many ways.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    So Gudao has to find a well-recorded artist who's part Alien God so they can do surgery?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Oh boy get ready for Michelangelo-Azathoth

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Bonus points if they ever dressed as a clown or drew a pierrot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

looking at four things regarding The Alien God and the Outer Gods

1- why can the outer gods, closer to True Demons, paint over reality with their alien common sense? wouldnt' that be something that Daemons do instead?

2- if Beast VII is clothing herself in all types of attire to indicate authority, doesnt that make her closer to a Daemon then? meaning that she is trying to adopt something from human common sense in order to strenghten her existence?

3- if Beast VII isnt the Alien God and the Alien God was hypothetically created by Olga's dad, what does subjugating the final beast with a human creation do for the whole "Humans are meant to overcome the Beasts" thing? does it signal the start of humans exploring space?

4- so let me get this straight. the outer gods are fictional yet Gilles tells us that they have forms and lifespans. how are they fictional then? wouldn't it be more accurate to translate "fictional" into "residing in *not*reality"?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That's kinda difficult to answer one because it feels like you have some pretty wrong preconceptions on what devils are. Let me just dump the definitions instead.

Devils

The Sixth Imaginary Element. Beings who cling to human wishes and try to fulfill them on a twisted manner.

The concept of devils is considered the greatest obstacle for humanity. If a god is an omniscient and omnipotent being, then a devil is unenlightened and incompetent. An abyss that can be reached but never understood.

In Fate/stay Night, only fake devils exist, and in even Fate/EXTRA, not a single phenomenon managed to create True Devil as of the current year of 2030.

Devils generally possess people, and attempt to incarnate by using human bodies, but the human mind used as their seedbed usually can't withstand the burden, severing all their connections to others and collapsing on itself.

Some human lost their humanity as result of their own acts, and feel into the devil category as result, but this is called demonization, and doesn't make True Devils.

Being possessed by a devil causes abnormalities on other components, ultimately changing even the flesh, turning them into a hideous monster. The higher ranked the devil is, the less evident its symptoms are, making the condition harder to diagnose. It only gets easy to detect it after the great disaster is already arranged.

Despite the names "devils" and "demonized humans", they function identically to meta-dimensional lifeforms, living in different planets, in different cultural spheres. That's because they no longer fit into this Universe of Awareness' definition of human. The Outer Gods from one fictional mythology popular in the 20th century function very similarly to devils.

Sesshouin Kiara reached this territory with her transmigration in CCC's True Route, but was demoted from her divine status due to a trivial mistake.
    True Devils

Real devils. Incarnate magic.

The Holy Church uses the term True Devil to refer to real devils, not the fakes who earned individual names by taking the form of human ideas. They are the real devils, who used to serve the Lord, and were already devils even before he was named by humans.

Due to them being creations of magic before they are organisms, they can use magecraft in a much higher level than humans can. Due to all of their bodily functions drawing in magic, they don't have anything resembling Magic Circuits, the retrofit pseudo-nerves mages have.

The concept of devils is considered the greatest obstacle for humanity. If a god is an omniscient and omnipotent being, then a devil is unenlightened and incompetent. An abyss that can be reached but never understood.

In Fate/stay Night, only fake devils exist, and in even Fate/EXTRA, not a single phenomenon managed to create True Devil as of the current year of 2030.

It's considered that humanity doesn't stand a chance real, incarnate devil. There's only one registered case of precedent to someone driving away an incarnate devil.
    The key difference between the true and the fake (valid to pretty much everything in TM, not only devils) is that true things are made by nature, while fake/fictional things are made by man. When FGO says Outer Gods are fictional, they're not there was some "unreality" where they existed until Raum pulled them into the world. It's saying Lovecraft & Friends made up this gods for their stories, and then Raum created them through the magecraft ritual that was Salem. Beast VII and its Lostbelts potentially being fictional means they were likely created by the Animusphere's magecraft.

Basically, for all magecraft contexts, true = natural, fake = artificial.