Page 513 of 680 FirstFirst ... 13413463503508511512513514515518523563613 ... LastLast
Results 10,241 to 10,260 of 13593

Thread: Fate/strange fake (Free-Range Spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by CO9p5JMGv!p9 View Post
    Enkidu turning into a wish-granting device is mentioned in his My Room convo about the Grail. He doesn't automatically have the mana to grant wishes though, that needs to be supplied from somewhere.

Earthbending/Naturebending/faux-territory creation/Age of Babylon/mana supply from Earth/Counterforce support/animal dialogue/hard to detect mana/disassembling magical wards/ almost sounds like a minor Authority, but I doubt it's that. Just file it under "really, really well connected to nature/the planet". Being a beep boop supercomputerrobot probably helps with observing people.

Really, I wish they'd display his purported merciless/battle junkie side more. There's several mentions about it, but nothing actually shown yet. Gil calls him a "sharp knife" (eg "don't cut yourself"?) and thinks he's kinda fucked up even for his standards and has all those precautions for sneak attacks (auto defensors, not inviting him to Gilfest 2.0), Ereshkigal has a similar mention of him as a "sharp axe". As far as I can recall the only on-screen indication of this volatility is him wanting to self-destruct inside Chaldea if you don't take his flowers in the Valentine's scene.
    I don't think it's an authority. Rather I believe enkidu is kinda like a elementary. Stuff he does is only possible if it is an elementary.

You mean an Elemental? Yeah, that sounds closer to what I was looking for.

Yeah that. Fuckin typo

what are your opinions regarding Jester's "You lack respect" speech towards the police officers early into this story?

"stay mad homie"

Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    what are your opinions regarding Jester's "You lack respect" speech towards the police officers early into this story?
    Good question. I think it's an interesting glimpse of what Dead Apostles think of humanity as a whole and could serve as a springboard for a contextualisation of their species in the big picture of some Tsukihime-related work. Their perspective on order/history insofar as the human one tends to displace and assimilate all manner of higher power (hence the lack of respect) stands to pose excellent questions, and they are, as former humans themselves, a useful reflection of the human predilection for consumption (the natural characteristic described by Ciel in Tsukihime as 'only ever taking from others' and how that will end up outlasting the planet itself). Would ask for more of this but I understand her preoccupation with toppest waifu.
    Last edited by Leftovers; November 25th, 2020 at 12:14 PM.

Personally, in light of IRL events, it made me think of the notion of cultural demoralization.

i wonder if this is Narita making some kind of commentary

I think it's about they are using powers they themselves don't believe in. They don't believe in higher power but even so they are using it. DA denies human history. But to deny human history they would at least acknowledge it's worth. At least how I interpreted when j read it

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    It's always funny when someone calling himself "Jester" of all things starts talking about respect, that's my opinion.

夜属 Nightkin
    Looking back at the volume 6 stuff. When flat connected to gils room, enkidu stated flats presence is humanlike but not human . So this is confirmation by enkidu that flat may not be human which we already knew, but it really makes me wonder . His magecraft is top class and he could practically do any magecraft he wishes to do on a whim though he can't do it twice in a row (i assume he forgot the details given how el melloi said to a young flat that he ignored the details and only went for effect). He sees a something no one else sees which helped him avoid getting murdered by his parents . Hes the product a near 2000 year goal. One thought I have is that flat could be a artifical dead apostle or DAA that mesala wanted to create . This is a near impossible theory based on the fact mesala was friends with zelrerch and van fem who are both DAAs. Confusion

Blog Entries
    Is it me or do I feel like F/SF is the least darkest out of the Fate franchise. Like to me there's nothing as dark say Sakura's fate or FGO's genocide of worlds.
    I think to me it's hard to do "dark" stuff in F/SF because it's undercut about how ridiculous the whole thing is. Like Jester's heart got ripped out but then that's undercut by him coming back 10 seconds later with the horny and than a few chapters later he's fighting a cyborg priest with bantering like it's a superhero movie.

Of course the ending of vol 6 might bring a new tone but who knows?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuka View Post
    Looking back at the volume 6 stuff. When flat connected to gils room, enkidu stated flats presence is humanlike but not human . So this is confirmation by enkidu that flat may not be human which we already knew, but it really makes me wonder . His magecraft is top class and he could practically do any magecraft he wishes to do on a whim though he can't do it twice in a row (i assume he forgot the details given how el melloi said to a young flat that he ignored the details and only went for effect). He sees a something no one else sees which helped him avoid getting murdered by his parents . Hes the product a near 2000 year goal. One thought I have is that flat could be a artifical dead apostle or DAA that mesala wanted to create . This is a near impossible theory based on the fact mesala was friends with zelrerch and van fem who are both DAAs. Confusion
    Artificial True Ancestor makes a lot more sense, since the other Flat's stated goal is to become a "man of truth" (hinting at
    true human
    zhenren
    , which here is how Shi Huang calls True Ancestors) and live forever inside the planet.

夜属 Nightkin
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Artificial True Ancestor makes a lot more sense, since the other Flat's stated goal is to become a "man of truth" (hinting at
    true human
    zhenren
    , which here is how Shi Huang calls True Ancestors) and live forever inside the planet.
    If this is the case, then in a way, it makes sense as to why narita removed shi huangdi from the story. It also makes sense of the prologue of volume 6. I had assumed the prologue was about humbaba who was made to be a true human being. Are these zhenrens threats that the world want to erase (since narita did say flat would have been erased if he hadnt met lord El melloi)

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuka View Post
    If this is the case, then in a way, it makes sense as to why narita removed shi huangdi from the story. It also makes sense of the prologue of volume 6. I had assumed the prologue was about humbaba who was made to be a true human being. Are these zhenrens threats that the world want to erase (since narita did say flat would have been erased if he hadnt met lord El melloi)
    They wouldn’t be erased as they are extensions of the world; the thing with Boku!Flat is he talks about /becoming/ one (if that is indeed what Narita is going for). Whatever Flat is, we don’t know yet. I assume that becoming a Zhenren would accept Flat into the world rather than be erased (but the process trying to get there is what would erase him).

As for the “darkness” of SF I think it fits right in with UBW and Fate route. Not Zero edge or Heaven’s Feel, but I think that’s a good thing. I like how he can incorporate silliness. The zaniness of the characters don't really interfere with my suspension of disbelief either.
    Last edited by jennajayfeather; November 29th, 2020 at 11:33 AM.

No new volume in february. SF is usually released in april or may, so let's hope for that. It's really frustrating that for all his promises Narita never speeds up SF.

I think it’s “dark stuff” is done without proper gravitas, or is too tryhard to a point that it just sounds silly or dumb which undercuts how it’s meant to be terrible or appalling. It has the highest body count for sure and it has comedicaly evil/cruel mages/parents that are too one dimensional and exist to do bad thing as a piece in a story rather than as characters or people at all so it’s hard to care.

A feeling of things as props doesn’t limit itself to just the darkness and evil people however either.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    We see more of the Kuruoka parents in the latest volume, so I'm not sure where accusations of them not being characters come from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

Jester and frensesca is quite interesting tho. Only piece of board I can think of is kuruoka's parents who is a generic mage family.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    There’s also the summoner mages who die in the first volume.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by All fictions View Post
    We see more of the Kuruoka parents in the latest volume, so I'm not sure where accusations of them not being characters come from.
    The usual "I don't like sF at all so everyone in it is utterly disgusting, even if I don't really know what it is going on or whatever, it still sucks lol"

Can't do much about that, lol.
    Now I do not think they are totally fleshed out characters and the most interesting ones, but they are a...."good" inclusion which add much to the usual thoughts of Magi, kinda.
    “The only person who can sympathize you and understands you, is you. So be good to yourself.”

"Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?"