Page 98 of 620 FirstFirst ... 48889396979899100103108148198598 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 12386

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Frances :A quite interesting servant you made a quite modern Person again in a well build servant , i would wish that i cuould also find the idea for a modern servant as i Need a certain Inspiration at the start to make a servant ,how are you how much Inspiration at the start do you Need BnEl15 ? i would also bring up the Question if her Noblephantasm has any effects on Living Humen ? As there are also some servant like Arthoria that are Living servants ? also what would be her oppinion on Death Gods like my Hades or what would she think on my Titanica or what she would think of my Hippokrates ?

Also is the Picture you used not Vermouth from Detectic Conan ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i look away for a few seconds and we get so much stuff

Jormungandr. Straight forward sheet for it, the merger with Kadoc came out of nowhere during the sheet and didnt get it at first. or i missed something, idk. interested to see what else u/the forum come up with

Tenniel: There are several Alice in Wonderland related sheets popping up over the last few weeks, at least feels that way. I never could interest in the world, but all those sheets make me curious. and i learnstuff, Tenniel has to be someone of the more recognisable artists out there when giving life to such a big fantasy world

Frances: I dont know what the heck u r talking about. She is damn interesting. The sheet is is awesome, the skills fit perfectly. When i read "mystic eyes" i almost sighed, because sometimes they feel like just a cheap way to power up servants, but it makes sense perfectly for her, even if u made them artificial due to her at the boundary and general experience with death.
    Her NP is strange, but u said it urself, it has great therapeutic methods and in combination with other Psychology servants a really great tool. Her character is described really well, definitely one of your strongest suits, u can make characters feel really real. perhaps due to their modernity too.
    Tho i have to ask, due to servants being the entities we remember them as, what would the NP do to servants we dont know the end of? I think those servants should not know their end as well, right?
    And what just came to mind while writing:what if she could use that NP in the way of letting criminals feel as if they were the victim and finally realize they were the murderer?
    I would have to reread other works of yours, but I would personally rate this sheet high up like ur tanzler and fersen sheet. Maybe im just biased as psychology and sciency heroes are interesting to me as well- Really, really good work.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Frances :A quite interesting servant you made a quite modern Person again in a well build servant , i would wish that i cuould also find the idea for a modern servant as i Need a certain Inspiration at the start to make a servant ,how are you how much Inspiration at the start do you Need BnEl15 ? i would also bring up the Question if her Noblephantasm has any effects on Living Humen ? As there are also some servant like Arthoria that are Living servants ? also what would be her oppinion on Death Gods like my Hades or what would she think on my Titanica or what she would think of my Hippokrates ?
    I admit, writing modern Servants can be a challenge. Aside from the obvious World War era Servants (which I'm not particularly interested in), many of them just don't have any amazing feat, or they would cause some understandable controversy (I have this one Lostbelt Avenger Neil Armstrong idea based on Nixon's backup speech where the moon landing failed and the astronauts were left to die on the moon due to technical oversight. There, he would be powered up by numerous victims of space exploration, those who died in the name of the Space Race and came a few steps short of becoming literal Pioneers of the Stars. I figured that'd be pretty controversial though, so I decided against writing it. Who knows if I'll ever pick up the concept again). But anyway, for me, inspiration comes from the unlikeliest of places. Like Frances here, I happened to read about her Nutshells on some random internet column and thought it would make an interesting NP.

Assassin's NP will have no effect on living humans or rare cases like living Artoria, as they have no memory of their deaths. She deeply respects death gods, as well as those who try to preserve life (within reasonable boundaries) like Hippokrates.

Frances: I dont know what the heck u r talking about. She is damn interesting. The sheet is is awesome, the skills fit perfectly. When i read "mystic eyes" i almost sighed, because sometimes they feel like just a cheap way to power up servants, but it makes sense perfectly for her, even if u made them artificial due to her at the boundary and general experience with death.Her NP is strange, but u said it urself, it has great therapeutic methods and in combination with other Psychology servants a really great tool. Her character is described really well, definitely one of your strongest suits, u can make characters feel really real. perhaps due to their modernity too.
    Tho i have to ask, due to servants being the entities we remember them as, what would the NP do to servants we dont know the end of? I think those servants should not know their end as well, right?
    And what just came to mind while writing:what if she could use that NP in the way of letting criminals feel as if they were the victim and finally realize they were the murderer?
    I would have to reread other works of yours, but I would personally rate this sheet high up like ur tanzler and fersen sheet. Maybe im just biased as psychology and sciency heroes are interesting to me as well- Really, really good work.
    Haha, thanks, I really didn't expect her to turn out that well. Anyway, since her NP relies on a combination of Assassin's own knowledge of their life and the target's memories of their deaths, it simply won't work if the target themselves know absolutely nothing about their own death (like say, Berserker Jack from SF). On the other hand, if these memories are fragmented or subconsciously suppressed somehow, the NP might still work, although the resulting nutshell may appear... glitchy and even stranger than usual. This "glitch" can gradually be resolved as the target remembers and accepts more of their true end, though.

“I am Ashurbanipal, king of the universe, king of Assyria. As your servant, I am Archer class. But, by the gods Assur, Ishtar, Ninurta, Nabu, and Nergal I have so many other gifts.”

830548299180d7bbc93099dac6e931a4c483bc6er1-225-350v2_128.jpg

Class: Archer
    Alternate Classes: Rider/Ruler/Saber
    Name: Ashurbanipal
    Origin: Assyria
    Source: Historical fact

Height/weight: 179 cm / 77 kg
    Alignment: Lawful/Evil
    Dislikes: Challenges to his authority, Impiety, Wildernesses
    Natural enemies: Gilgamesh "Do you doubt the glory of Ishtar? You should praise her for favoring me. I am your creator in a sense.. it is the story of you that I passed down that gives you your existence today."
    Attributes: Man
    Armament: Bow of Ishtar, ceremonial dagger of the king
    The Bow of Ishtar is the bow he used in war and for hunting lions. It is a hard-hitting composite bow designed to take out beasts. His ceremonial dagger is the symbol of his authority that he always carries at his side in a belt. It is used for close combat and executions.
    Catalyst: Cylinder seal of Ashurbanipal

Parameters:
    STR - B
    END – D
    AGI - C
    MGI - A
    LCK – C
    NP – EX

Class Skills
    Magical resistance: B+ Has a great knowledge of magic and curses stored in his library that he can use for his defense.
    Independent action: C

Personal skills
    Imperial privilege: A – His authority as king of the known world gives access to skills such as riding, spear combat, charisma, tactics, and knowledge of fine arts.
    True Name Discernment (False): B – He has information on every heroic spirit from records in his library. Can quickly, but not instantly discern true name, skills, and parameters.
    Torture Technique: A – Using this skill on someone who opposes Archer creates terror, meaning everyone else will immediately be aware of what Archer has done and, depending on the servant, they will become either less willing or more willing to fight against Archer.

Lore
    Ashurbanipal was the last great king of the Assyrian Empire. He inherited the Assyrian kingship in 668 BC. While his grandfather Sennacharib destroyed Babylon and his father Esarhaddon rebuilt it, Ashurbanipal tried to restore Babylon’s prestige by giving his younger brother, Shamash-shum-ukin, the de jure equal title but de facto subordinate position of king of Babylon. While his predecessor, Tiglath-Pileser III, created the world’s first imperial system in 745 BC, Ashurbanipal extended the Assyrian Empire to its greatest size, encompassing all civilized lands known to the Assyrians. He solidified Assyrian authority over Egypt by permanently denying the Nubians rule over the country. However, Egypt slowly slipped away as a pro-Assyrian but autonomous country since the Assyrians had to focus on nearer rebellions and conquests in Tabal, Urartu, Babylonia, Elam, Arabia, and the Zagros region.

The most threatening and unforgivable offense against Ashurbanipal’s kingship was the rebellion of his brother. Shamash-shum-ukin had begun resenting his lesser status and began allowing his vassals to openly criticize Ashurbanipal. Eventually, he led the Babylonians, who were ever eager to rise against the Assyrians, and fostered support among the Elamites and Chaldeans, traditional archenemies of Assyria, and fashioned himself as the leader of a new Babylonian revolution for independence. Ashurbanipal believed he had been generous and loving to his brother by granting him the equal title of king over the prestigious city of Babylon. He believed he had been just to the Babylonians by restoring Babylon to its status as a religious center with its own king. His feelings of betrayal were surpassed only by his lust for vengeance. The resulting civil war went disastrously for Shamash-shum-ukin. After years of the cities Babylonia sitting under siege, the city of Babylon finally fell and was mercilessly plundered. Shamash-shum-ukin burned his aspirations away when he killed himself by setting his palace ablaze. The rebels who were captured were carried off, executed, and their bodies desecrated, dismembered, and left as food for wild animals. Ashurbanipal would never again give Babylon the chance to challenge him again.

Ashurbanipal is infamous for the actions he took against Elam in the aftermath of the civil war. Even though Elam was left in civil disarray, Assyria still suffered from raid and attacks. Ashurbanipal resolved to finally terminate the threat of Elam, from where aggression and resistance against Assyria had originated for centuries. Elam was the last country that stubbornly opposed Assyria. Ashurbanipal launched an invasion that sealed a fate of annihilation for the 3000-year-old civilization. The annals detail a destruction more thorough than the Roman destruction of Carthage. The holy capital of Susa was leveled. The lands were salted. Traces of civilization from cattle in the fields to gods in the temples were scattered from the country. Even the royal tombs were defiled, the bones of royal family members dug up and carried away. This was considered amongst the greatest of triumphs in Assyrian history. It was such that Assyrian glory shined brightest at its twilight. The sins of Ashurbanipal wrought an empire exhausted by overextension and with subjects filled to the brim with animosity. Within a generation of Ashurbanipal’s death, his legacy would be burned down and buried under the sand. Succession struggles exposed an opening in the Assyrian empire. The vengeance of countless peoples, Medes, Babylonians, Elamites, Chaldeans, Scythians, Cimmerians formed into a coalition, came to fruition and dismembered Assyria. The resplendent cities of Assur, Nineveh, and Kalhu would be reduced to scarce mentions in history.
    The other side of Ashurbanipal is that of a scholar king. Much ancient knowledge long thought lost was recovered due to the discovery of the library of Ashurbanipal. The king himself took pride in his commissioning of music and fine arts in the form of gardens, palaces, reliefs, and statues. He believed himself the most intelligent of all kings since he understood the importance of knowledge and literacy. To that end, he created the world’s first library, one to house all knowledge. He included texts on all number of subjects, including medicine, mythology, astronomy, magic, and the Akkadian and Sumerian languages. Even stories of the common people were recorded and included. Ashurbanipal considered this library his greatest achievement. It is no small legacy as this library is the reason works such as the Epic of Gilgamesh and Enuma Elish are known today.

Personality
    Archer is extremely arrogant and sees most other humans as inferior to him. He believes he has been gifted by the gods and is always sure of himself, certain that the favor of the gods will grant him success. Anyone who goes against him is impious for defying the will of the gods and deserves the worst punishment. In response to anyone challenging him, he will laugh and proclaim that they doubt the power of the gods Ashur and Ishtar. He takes the tiniest slight or joke about him as a threat to his authority and will threaten to bring the might of the gods down upon the offender. Usually, though, he will settle down when he is placated. Part of this is because, as he spends so much of his time reading, he gets insecure about people making fun of him for being a cowardly scholar since Assyrian kings are expected to spend most of their time fighting. However, Archer is incredibly proud of his scholarly prowess, expecting people to shower him with praise for preserving so much of humanity’s knowledge. He sees himself as superior to most warrior heroes due to his superior intelligence and superior to most scholarly heroes due to his superior martial prowess. He obnoxiously announces himself in Akkadian to anyone who doesn’t know him, “Aššur-bāni-apli, šarru rabû, šarru dannu, šar kiššatim, šar kibrāt erbetti, šar māt Aššuri.” However, this is just the portion of his titles he can spout off before being interrupted. Since very few people know Akkadian, this usually just reveals him as a king of ancient Mesopotamia.

Compared to other kings of Assyria, Archer is not as much a sadist when it comes to torture. He sees it more as a tool. By modern standards, he would be comparable to serial killers. Torture is not a means of extracting information, but rather a tool of terror to hasten the submission of others. Standard methods of violence including flaying, impalement, and cutting off body parts such as the tongue, nose, ears, hands, limbs, or genitals. Victims might be dismembered and butchered, their remains being scattered in a public place for display or fed to animals. Skins and heads of victims were collected for display. Captured enemies might have to live out their lives wearing the severed head of one their relatives on a necklace. One punishment invented by Archer is to force the victim to live as a dog. The victim is pierced at the floor of the mouth and a dog chain put through the jaw. They are then made to live in a dog kennel. Archer’s brutality is a product is the environment he was raised in, one that glorified violence and power above all else. He is not a sociopath and suffers from a form of PTSD as he has visions of the ghosts of his victims following him around. His obsession with his library developed because he used books as a means to escape his self-inflicted trauma. His wish for the Holy Grail is to be liberated from his sins and be forever immersed into the supply of all knowledge.

Archer is deeply religious, claiming his actions are all the will of the gods. He believes other humans should prostrate themselves before him, grab for his feet, and beg for their lives. However, he would ecstatically prostrate himself in the same manner before any of his gods Ashur, Ishtar, etc. He is particularly a fanboy of Ishtar and will not tolerate anyone insulting her name.

Appearance
    Archer is a young man of average height. He has shoulder-length black hair, hazel eyes, and tanned skin. He wears small golden hooped earrings and golden bracelets. Archer was depicted as a muscular man. During his numerous lion hunts, he was depicted as being able to choke a lion with one of his hands while stabbing it in the stomach with the other. Archer has a flawless complexion except for a jagged scar that runs diagonally along his face. This is not a scar he bore in life. Rather it is something passed down through history. During the fall of the Assyrian Empire, when his capital Nineveh was plundered, reliefs depicting Archer were defaced in revenge for the sins he committed against Elam. The parts depicting Archer’s face were vandalized chipped away. Thus, Archer’s face continues to bear this vandalism as punishment for his sins. Archer shuns armor, as he is protected by the gods, and instead wears the robes of a king. For casual wear, he wears a black suit without a tie and leaves a few buttons unbuttoned.

Noble Phantasm
    Name: Dup Shimati – The Tablet of Destinies
    Type: Anti-Knowledge
    In his library, Archer has collected every tablet and every ounce of knowledge, including the Tablet of Destinies. As king of the universe and one of the last kings of the Age of Gods, he has the authority to wield the Tablet. The Tablet allows him to access any piece of knowledge from his library. His library is a treasure of knowledge. Without it the stories of many heroes, such as Gilgamesh, would be lost forever. Thus, Archer is the sole wielder of this knowledge. History may be written by the victor, but the true victor is the one that write the history that is passed down to future generations. Archer can control the knowledge that he passes down to enhance his power. If Archer learns the true identity of a servant, he can alter the records he has of that servant, changing the story that is passed down and altering the spirit origin of servant for the duration of the Holy Grail War. Archer is a lover of knowledge, so the servant cannot be erased or even augmented or reduced in power. Only details can be changed, such as a certain skill. This gives Archer the advantage of knowing the abilities of another servant while that same servant might be unaware of how they have been changed.

Name: Sebetti – The Seven Demonic Weapons of Nergal
    Type: Anti-World
    “This is the will of my lord, Ashur, and my lady, Ishtar, who is the is the master of war. The plains will be covered in bodies and the rivers will flow red with blood instead of water. Behold the mayhem of the raging king, Sebetti!”
    The Sebetti, or Seven, are seven gods created by Anu to be the weapons of Nergal, also called Erra, the god of pestilence, mayhem, and civil strife. They did not have individual names and always acted as a single unit. They were personified weapons made for the sole purpose of destruction. When humanity became overpopulated, Erra was instructed to use them to devastate the population since Anu could not stand the noise. Myths preserved in Archer’s library tell of how Erra wielded the Seven to destroy mountains and cities. Even without directly massacring humans, they could wipe out a civilization by destroying resources to bring about war and bringing devastating plagues. When Erra has his bloodlust satiated, he commands the Seven to rest. If not for his authority over them, the Seven could wipe out mankind. Archer says he wielded the “weapon of Nergal” to destroy Elam, meaning he was permitted to use the Seven to fulfill the will of Erra/Nergal. As a heroic spirit, Archer can make use of the Seven, summoning them encased in an arrow in the shape of a serpent with seven lion heads with flaming manes. He releases them by shooting them from his main armament, the Bow of Ishtar. The impact of this shot explodes in a mountain of flame, releasing the Seven into the world. Although Archer, as king of the universe, has the authority to release the Seven, only Erra can truly wield or command them. After being released, they act on their own will, seeking all sources of mana and magical energy. Since Erra is not present to provide them with energy, they at first only have enough strength to drain humans of their mana. However, if left unchecked, they can amass enough power to ravage the entire world. They will indiscriminately target human and servant alike, including Archer. Archer can only use them again if he catches and defeats the Seven, trapping them back in their encasing, no easy task.
    Last edited by doncosaco; December 26th, 2020 at 06:37 PM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "You wish to oppose me? Splendid. That initiative is also the 'humanity' I admire. However... do you really think your frail dream can stand against advancement for all?"​

Advent Beast- An Evil Of Mankind Approaches

Beast VI:

Appearance:

Source

True Name
    : James Watt

Human Evil: Progress

Alignment: Neutral Evil

Alternate Classes: Rider, Caster

Strength- C++
    Agility- B++
    Endurance- A++
    Mana- EX
    Luck- EX
    NP- EX

History
    Beast's original identity is James Watt, whose work on steam engines was greatly instrumental in spearheading the Industrial Revolution. Loving to tinker with machines, he dreamt of nothing more than creating devices that would help humanity and make people's lives easier. However like many young prodigies James carried a tragic destiny, cursed with frail health ever since boyhood. Every breath that left his lungs was uncertain, as if he were gasping for the right to live, and sometimes even getting out of bed was a struggle.

But he wasn't scared of death. No, the only thing he was afraid of was that his mother and father would be sad once he died. He loved his mother and father lots, and they always looked out for him whenever his ailments kept him from playing outside with the other boys. So while willing to accept his own death, he rebelled at the idea it'd leave bitter regrets in those still alive. If he was fated to die young anyways, it'd be better to not grow too close to anyone, so the people he loved could still smile afterwards.

A child's precocious logic, or perhaps merely an attempt to assert some measure of control over his cruel fate. However--- it unexpectedly lead to a great divergence from the proper human history.

Part 1: A Mysterious Vision

One day, a premonition of death came upon James, and he impulsively ran away from home wishing to protect his parents from having to see his dwindling last moments. Despite his ill health he ran until his legs gave out, finding himself amidst the mountains in the English countryside he'd loved exploring so much when he had the chance. James looked back and forth, and let out a quiet sigh, resting his head on a moss-covered rock as he closed his eyes for what he fully expected would be the final time.

"Mom. Dad. This beautiful yet cruel world. I love all of you. I just wish..." His hands clenched at his sides, images of all the machine designs he'd left unfinished flashing through the boy's mind. "That I could've shown the world all these designs I have in my heart. If I lived just a bit longer, I'm sure I could've made something really amazing. But..." James trailed off forlornly. "I guess God just isn't that kind."

"You speak of gods?" A clear feminine voice suddenly breathed in his ear.

"Gah!?" James yelped, jumping back from sheer startlement. He bonked his head on the rock and cried out, falling on the ground. Getting up James rubbed his sore head, then once he'd gathered his wits glanced back and forth to look where the voice had come from. "Where are you? Is this some kinda' prank, 'cuz I'm not in the mood!" he called out.

"I'm right here," the voice whispered again. It was soft, but even clearer than before, as if coming from directly behind him. James took all the resolve he could muster not to jump out of his skin again. Instead, he whirled around hoping to catch a glimpse of the figure behind the voice. But there was nothing there.

"I-I'm serious..." James stammered, trying to hide the trembling in his voice. He supposed having come here to die he shouldn't be scared of whatever this stranger might do to him. But some part of James couldn't help but be intimidated, as if he were being weighed and scrutinized before an invisible gaze. "I'm not afraid of you. Come out and show yourself!"

"You shouldn't be afraid of me, child," the voice went on, humming with faint amusement. "For I mean you know harm. In fact, I only wish to help you."

"What are you- woah!?" James' words stopped in their tracks, cut off by an awestruck gasp when the air in front of him began to shimmer like heathaze. Before his eyes a beautiful woman materialized out of thin air. She had long raven-black hair, pale skin and a flowing white dress that fluttered on its own accord. But what caught the boy's eyes the most wasn't her attractiveness (he was too young for that) but the pair of magnificent horns extending from her forehead! "T-those are...!"

"Yes," she replied evenly. "You can likely guess this by now, but I'm not human. You mortals know me as Cailleach, the creator goddess of Scottish mythology."

"No way, a real goddess?" James exclaimed. Then he paused, thinking about it for a second. It's true, he remembered learning about her in all the books on Scottish mythology he read whenever he was too sick to go out. James had always felt a desire to reconnect to his old culture, so part of him felt overjoyed to be meeting one of his culture's deities in the flesh. Then the skeptical side of his brain overtook him. "Wait, goddesses don't really exist!" he blurted impertinently. "My teachers told me all about that, and besides it doesn't make any scientific sense. Though..." James trailed off in thought. "If you're a real goddess, I guess you could prove it for me by doing a miracle or two..."

Cailleach just threw her head back and laughed, hair spilling in an inky waterfall over her shoulders. "My, aren't you a good little skeptic?" she said, wiping tears of laughter from her dark eyes. "Then again," the lady went on once she'd regained her calmness. "I wouldn't have chosen you if you weren't that way."

James blinked in curiosity. "What do you mean by that?"

"You said I could prove I'm a goddess by performing a miracle, right?" Cailleach said, diverting the subject. "Well, what do you have in mind?" she asked playfully.

"Hmm..." James scrunched up his face, mulling it over carefully. "Wait! he exclaimed, eyes suddenly lighting up in realization. "Any wish at all...?" James trailed off, not yet daring himself to ask the question soaring from the depths of his heart. "Does that mean... even saving someone whose about to die?"

"Of course," Cailleach reassured. "But I already know your plight, so you don't need to explain everything to me. That's why I showed myself to you, after all."

"Then that means... my mom and dad won't have to cry anymore, and I can keep working on inventions?" he asked, breaking out into a grin. "H-hold on." James abruptly stopped himself. "If you can really grant ANY wish..." he went on with a more pensive expression. "Then isn't just wishing for myself pretty selfish? I don't want to be a bad person..."

Cailleach shook her head. "Don't worry about that little one. You have a powerful destiny in you, so just your survival is going to bring great reverberations to this world. And besides, though it's a little embarrassing to admit even my power isn't omnipotent. Truth is, my own power has been fading. Humans have lost faith in the old gods, and I've only hung on this long by secluding myself in the wilderness away from the lands of man."

"You know..." She gestured to the mountains all around her, a nostalgic sad smile on her face. "I once created all these, raising them from the earth myself. Yet now... I grow weak, and that power is far beyond my grasp. Granting a child's innocent wish is about all I can hope for in this state."

"But that's so sad!" James blurted out. Having admired the stories of the old gods as long as he could remember, he was grieved to hear one reduced to such a pitiful state. "A super cool goddess like you should be able to do much more than that!"

Cailleach looked distant. James couldn't imagine what emotions were flickering behind those eyes, that had surveyed the passing of countless eras. "Perhaps, but the humans of this era no longer feel that way. As Divine Spirits, our power comes from the worship of people. Now that humans have begun forging their own path with science and technology, our purpose is becoming obsolete," she finished with a bitter sigh. "But enough talk. I shall grant your wish, child, but in doing so you must contract with me."

"Contract?" James repeated uncomprehendingly.

"Yes," Cailleach explained. 'As is now I lack the power to heal even a single person from the edge of death. So you must forge a contract with me, binding your own destiny to mine so that I may leverage our shared power."

"You're saying I have power?" James asked, still uncertain.

"There's no time," she spoke, looking at him with a sudden intensity- almost desperation- flashing across her face. "Both our strengths wither with each moment that passes. Come, take my hand child." Cailleach held out her hand towards him.

James hesitated, but then he reached out and took it. The goddess' hand was cool, like the kiss of snow. "You can really heal me?"

"Yes. But someday, I will return to you, and then you must offer me a favor in turn. That is the terms of our contract."

For just a single moment, a dark smirk ghosted across her face, but the boy surely didn't see it.

"Wait, what do you mea-?" James' question cut off by a dramatic whooshing of air in front of him. He was hurled backwards, rolling to a stop on the grassy hill. When James got up, there was no trace of the mysterious woman in front of him. Only a faint thrumming of energy in the air.

He looked around, then down at himself. He felt different somehow. Each breath wasn't a burden, and a newfound vitality surged through his veins.

"Was it real...?" James asked himself, holding up his palm and studying it as if looking for any hint of the goddess' touch. "I can't believe I really talked to a goddess, plus I was under a lot of stress at the time. It might've been just a dream, or a hallucination. That's what Mama would say, and she's a smart person. But then again, I do feel a lot better now... Oh well." The boy shrugged off that thought. After all, for the maturity that belied his tender years, James was still but a child, and right now he was simply excited to be in good health again. Thoughts of the woman calling herself a goddess, or the strange contract he'd engaged in, quickly faded from his mind, like a dream upon waking.

"I can't wait to see how happy Mama will be now that I've recovered!" he exclaimed, and took off skipping back down the mountain path.

Part 2: Pioneer Of Industry

From there, events progressed more or less according to the proper history. Young James, cured of his baffling ailment, went to take on an apprenticeship in London as an instrument-maker. But he continued to tinker with machines in his spare time, and before long that humble career wasn't enough to satisfy him. He didn't just want reproduce things that already existed, but design something entirely new.

So one day James returned to his native Scotland, founding his own workshop to support himself until he could profit off his inventions. Then the breakthrough came when he was given a model Newcomen engine to repair. While studying the engine, James realized it was terribly inefficient, for far too much heat-energy was wasted converting water from liquid to steam state. This could be rectified by designing a separate cylinder to store the excess heat.

This innovation propelled the Industrial Revolution, catapulting James from a mere tinkerer to one of the most famous engineers in all England. He lived to see the advent of new mines and factories made possible by his discovery, supplying resources to those who needed them. But still James was not satisfied. He dreamed of uplifting all mankind through the power of steam, to grant prosperity to all and banish the shadows of poverty and ignorance that long haunted their race.

It wasn't enough. Progress was happening too slowly, too falteringly. Millions starved across a bloated and overstretched empire, not for lack of food but the resources needed to deliver it to them. And all of that could be solved if only he had more, if only it could be done faster.

In that moment--- James remembered.

The promise he'd made to the goddess, back in his boyhood days. He'd discarded that memory like a dream, but now it returned fully to his mind.

"Alright then," James said to himself, filling his words with newfound resolve. He would return to the goddess and plead her for the power he needed. If there was a price he would gladly pay it in his own blood, anything to ensure mankind's golden future. James closed his eyes, willing himself to go back to the scene from that day. All at once the cozy office around him faded, replaced by a vast pastoral wilderness.

But it was different now. Forests lay in kindling, plumes of industrial smog choked the horizon and rivers of black tar flowed in place of water. A horrified gasp tore its way from James' throat. "What is this?"

"This is what humanity will do," a voice whispered back. He recognized it as the goddess from before but her tone was harsher this time, crueler. Cailleach appeared before him, just as beautiful as ever even amidst the ravaged landscape. "Humans desecrate this planet and abandon the old gods, bringing ruin to themselves and others in their endless thirst for 'prosperity'," Cailleach practically spat out the word like a curse.

"But..." She gazed at James with a look of crazed desperation in her eyes. "We can change that. You've seen what humanity can do, the sins they'll condone in the name of progress. Join with me. With your ingenuity and my power we can reject all that, restore the world to the way it should be."

"..." James fell silent, refusing to meet her gaze. Finally the boy turned man's hands clenched resolutely into fists at his sides. "That's wrong. I know humans can be greedy and fall on the wrong path sometimes. But I believe that technology has the power to improve this world, to make people's lives better." He paused, steeling his will for what came next. "I don't know what's this vision you show me, but I can't accept that it's inevitable. Mankind isn't that foolish."

An almost mournful look came over Cailleach's face. "You're a brave child, standing up to a goddess in the flesh. To be honest, I admired your pure heart from back then. However... your mistake was thinking your choice in this was ever more than an indulgence on my part. Your power is already bound to mine boy. So, I'll simply take my half of the contract by force!" With those words the woman's beatific features suddenly twisted into a monstrous visage. Her fingernails lengthened into claws and she flung herself at James snarling.

James narrowly rolled out of the way as her claws raked the ground beside him. He willed himself to find some way to fight back, and before he knew it gears condensed into his hand, forming the shape of a sword. James swung it clumsily at the goddess, parrying her next swipe at his throat.

"What is this power... no, is this a 'pioneer of the stars'?" Cailleach roared in disbelief.

"Lady... I don't know all of your situation, or what drove you to this point. If you'd lost things you held precious, you have my earnest pity. But..." James' words built into a shout as he charged at the goddess 'sword' held high. "No matter what... If you stand in the way of humanity's future, I won't forgive you!"

"You... shut your mouth you damned whelp!" Cailleach yelled, clashing with the man again. James' steampunk blade burned at her divine essence, drawing it into his own with each strike. 'So this is the power of humanity... consuming even the gods to grow. It'd be poetic if it weren't such a nuisance,' she thought in a mix of admiration and disgust.

The two fought mightily within Cailleach's dream-world, but finally James proved victorious. He dealt a mortal blow on the fallen goddess, running through her chest with his sword. But... "I... curse... you..." she rasped with bloodied lips. When her heart was pierced, magical energy spilled out in an explosive backlash engulfing James. And dying that Mana was a powerful curse, Cailleach's final act of spite on the man who killed her.

That "curse" seared into James' mind visions of all the destruction humanity would wreak on itself and the natural world through the Industrial Revolution. He saw everything. Forests razed, whole species extinguished, men forced to toil in factories their whole miserable lives while the rich enjoyed opulence. All of it the opposite of what he wished for. A revenge-type mental attack intended to crush James' spirit entirely, ensuring his victory would be a pyrrhic one.

However---

"Heh... hahahaha... hahahahaaaha...!!"

A broken gurgle escaped his throat, that slowly built up into manaical laughter.

For the goddess, underestimating her opponent's mental fortitude proved to be a crucial mistake. Instead of shattering, James' psyche simply warped under the strain of her final curse, tempering into something harder and sharper than steel.

"I see... this evil, this sin, that too is a genuine aspect of one who embodies the Industrial Revolution! However... I shall not reject it! Nay, I exalt in it even! If that innocent wish to build new machines for humanity makes me a fiend, than I shall become the foulest fiend of all! I will kill, plunder and despoil without end, all for the sake of the 'ideal' that burns within my own heart!! Just watch me, oh goddess, I'll drag mankind towards the shining future even if it means becoming the greatest 'evil' of this world!!!" His self-indulgent soliloquy reached a crescendo as James threw back his head, peals of unhinged cackling echoing all throughout the illusory world.

"Ahem." A selfconscious cough as he straightened his posture. "Forgive me. It won't do for a scientist to conduct himself in such an unsightly fashion. In fact, I thank you goddess. You showed me the truth, letting me steel my mind for what needs to be done. If not for your final 'gift', I may still have been blinded by the illusions of the Romantics and lacked the will to take progress to its logical conclusion." The corners of his lips twisted in a smirk. "As gratitude, I'll be sure to use you skillfully." He reached into Cailleach's chest-cavity- eliciting a final hateful groan- and extracted her Divine Core, still gleaming gold like ichor. "After all, it'd a sin to let resources go to waste."

With those parting words James swallowed the core, absorbing its essence into his own. Suddenly golden light began to erupt from his flesh, and the world around James shattered like glass. When he came to, he was back in his study, as if his battle with the goddess had been nothing more than a fleeting daydream.

Yet this time James knew it was real. The godly power coursing through him was far beyond anything he could've written off as the work of his imagination. The man grinned, an expression less fitting of an eager inventor than a beast savoring its fresh kill.

Yes, now at last he'd obtained the power to bring his long-cherished dream into reality. This world would be forced to change, whether it wished to or not. And any smallminded fools who stood in the way of progress would be ground to dust and made into grist for his perpetual machine. He had both the power and prerogative to do so.

Part 3: Perpetual Steam Empire

Upon returning to reality, James immediately thrust himself back into his work. He was even more dedicated than before, hastening the designs of new machines and new factories to take the Industrial Revolution to ever greater heights. Yet those who knew him personally described James as a changed man, cold and indifferent unlike his once passionate self. He cast off his former hobbies and barely seemed to live outside of work. Indeed, he seemed at times less like a human than an impersonal incarnation of Progress itself.

And over time, surreal occurrences began to take place around James. His factories seemed to grow subtly bigger with each day that passed, encroaching on the surrounding landscape. Workers there often reported hearing eerie wails and unearthly groans from deep within the engine-room, as if the furnace itself were crying out like a hungry beast. Occasionally people in neighboring towns mysteriously disappeared, and the engine seemed to run unusually vigorously those days.

At first people ignored these disturbances, too blinded by excitement for all the innovations James was providing. With his technological might Britain quickly became even more of a powerhouse than it was in the proper history, growing to conquer much of the world. Before long James' factories were set up on every nation in the world, endlessly pumping out steam and producing invention after invention. All the while the man himself secluded himself in his workshop, growing paler by the day and seldom seeming to eat or sleep.

Britain had conquered the world, yet still James was not satisfied. He yearned for more, endless growth to the point of even colonizing the stars themselves. So one day his factories turned against Britain itself. They swelled up like tumors to consume the land itself, no longer producing but simply swallowing up everything to feed the ravenous engines. Those who weren't crushed under sprouting machinery or choked on industrial smog were converted into partially mechanized beings to labor in Beast's factories.

The upper class weren't turned right away since they were farther away from the industrial district itself. James felt it was better to keep some original humans around in case he encountered threats that required a dynamic mind to deal with rather than mere machines, so he spared them from the initial purge. In this new Britain the nobles and middle class live in domed tower-cities above the sea of smog and pollution, while the lower classes are modified and forced to have short lives toiling to maintain the vast machinery.

Eventually James' world was declared a Lostbelt and marked for pruning by the greater awareness of man, as the vast majority of humans becoming mechanized was deemed an outcome tantamount to "mankind's extinction". However, James was unable to accept the world he'd poured so much blood and sweat into advancing could come to an end just like that. Not when he had so much more left to undertake. In that moment, a "miracle" occurred.

No one knows whether it came through his own breakthrough or the intervention of another mysterious individual. But somehow, James gained the ability to cross between worlds. Using this power he brought himself and his steam empire to neighboring worldlines, escaping deletion by plundering the energy of other successful histories. As his empire continued to expand, assimilating countless other timelines like a cancer, James' horizons only broadened. Conquering the stars was far too shortsighted. Having discovered the existence of other worlds, he'd stop at nothing short of bringing the entire Tree of Time under his dominion.

Perhaps--- only then would his perpetual thirst for "more" be satiated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grow. Devour. Reach the stars.

There needs no reason, there needs no justification.

Merely endless advancement for the sake of itself, heedless of what has to be trampled underfoot along the way.

Indeed, the titles "Father of Industry" and "Creator Goddess" are alike merely falsities. This is Beast VI, the great disaster of human history that embodies the devastation wrought to both mankind and the natural world by the Industrial Revolution. One of the seven human evils, the Beast presiding over the principle of "Progress" (the perfectionism of humans sacrificing everything for the sake of a nonexistent future). Such is his merciless ideology.

Personality
    In life, Watt dreamed of harnessing steam-power for the benefit of all, hoping to free humanity from the mire of ignorance and poverty. Now upon ascending to the Beast Class, his priorities have inverted entirely. Progress is not to serve man, man is to serve progress.

Having embraced that role, Beast has taken on a far more cold and callous demeanor, treating humans as merely "resources" to be invested in the most suitable manner. He clings to his former hamminess and mad scientist persona, but it's clearly a hollow shell of his former self. Even his maniacal laughter is empty of emotion, as if he were merely a machine acting out the script of an "ultimate villain". However, as expected of his Class Beast still undoubtedly loves humanity, even if his vision of such is rather twisted.

He believes that to be human is to endlessly strive forward and push at an unreachable goal, never giving up no matter what has to be sacrificed along the way. For him the moment a seemingly overwhelming obstacle crumbles under human effort is a precious "shine" even more brilliant than the stars. For that reason Beast greatly admires others willing to give their all chasing their dreams, though he'll of course ultimately be willing to trample them for his own. Beast actually shows true joy when facing opponents strong enough to challenge him, gleefully asking if they possess a dream powerful enough to overturn his own.

Perhaps, unconsciously, he wishes to be defeated, having recognized that he's gone astray from his original ideals but lacking the willpower necessary to selfterminate.

He's wary of Divine Spirit Servants, realizing they're one of the few left who can threaten his reign, but is at the same time greedy to add them to his engine. One other trait Beast retains from his original self is a fondness for Scottish mythology. Thus he'll often theme some of his strongest machine creations after monsters and gods from such.

Likes: progress, steam-power, human potential, designing new machines
    Dislikes: humanity as it is, traditionalism, unexploited nature, any who'd stand in the way of progress
    Talents: engineering, endless expansion
    Natural Enemy: Tiamat, Cailleach, his other self, William Blake, Quirinus

Class Skills:

Authority Of The Beast- B
    An anti-humanity Skill that raises damage from the user's attacks against existences conceptualized as "human". Having taken upon himself the
    sin
    burden
    of all lives lost thanks to the Industrial Revolution, Beast obtains a high rank. Incidentally, the mechanical monstrosities he creates will also possess this Skill.

Independent Manifestation- D+
    An ability which utterly crushes the conventions of the Grail War ritual, making possible for Beast to summon and sustain himself in existence regardless of a contract or supply of Mana. Being that the skillholder is signified as a confirmed existence, the bearer gains a resistance towards instant-death attacks and attacks affected by time manipulation.

As the Evil he embodies is relatively modern compared to other Beasts, Watt possesses a lower rank in this Skill.

Item Construction (False)- EX
    A talent to craft magical items. In this case it instead denotes the ability to create tools that imitate the effects of thaumaturgy, but through wholly scientific means. Beast does not craft items himself, rather he employs his second Noble Phantasm to establish a "Factory" where endless "marvels that extoll the brilliance of humanity" can be produced. From automaton familiars to technomagical weaponry, anything is possible as long as mankind can envision it, though Beast favors creating things through his native medium of steam.

Ranked EX since the effective output of this Skill- in both quality and quantity- is constrained only by "the resources available".

Personal Skills:

Brilliance Of The Deranged- A+
    A Skill for those "mad scientists" whose intellect is inseparably entwined with their insanity. Confers an equivalent rank in Natural-Born Genius and Mental Pollution.

Beast was not truly a mad-scientist in life, being merely a sober man dedicated to his engineering work. However upon consuming Cailleach's Divine Core and becoming an avatar of the entire Industrial Revolution Beast's mind warped under the strain, becoming nearly unrecognizable as his former self. Concepts of "growth" and "advancement", which already were Beast's ideals in life, are now an insatiable obsession for him, to the point where he'll stop at nothing to guide humanity down his desired path. As such reaching a mutual understanding with the man is nearly impossible.

Gods Eater- B+
    A Skill Beast only possesses in the Lostbelt history. He devoured the Celtic goddess Cailleach and turned her essence into fuel for the everlasting engine that would power his utopia. Later Beast consumed other remnants of Divine Spirits still lingering in the World to power his perpetual empire. As such upon killing a Servant with Divinity ranked C or higher Beast can absorb their Spirit Core into himself, ranking up his stats and gaining one of their Personal Skills as his own. These Spirit Cores can also be used as additional power-sources for his second Noble Phantasm.

This Skill can be called the crystallization of humanity's
    glory
    hubris
    in devouring the
    gods
    traditions
    in order to grow.

Nega-Digression- EX
    The egotism of one who deemed only his own envisioned future to be humanity's rightful path, mercilessly culling any other possibilities as "unnecessary". In life Beast strove to uplift all humanity through the Industrial Revolution, however in doing so he rejected the past and devoured any future other than the one in his vision. Preaching hope while trampling on the hopes of those who wished for the world to evolve along another path, he is a living contradiction that fully embodies the worst evils of the Industrial Revolution.

As a Skill this allows Beast to enforce the concept of a "
    Telos
    predetermined outcome
    of history" onto the current battle, denying any hopes・possibilities・futures that stray from his own. All Luck checks taken against Beast are nullified, along with sealing Skills/Noble Phantasms that call upon immaterial concepts like fortune and destiny, as such superstitions are nothing before the inevitable march of progress. Additionally this Skill inflicts a powerful dread and intimidation effect at the beginning of battle, as Beast's foes feel themselves facing a truly unstoppable force.

To defeat Beast, one needs not good luck or the blessing of fate, but the sheer resolve to reject his dream in favor of their own.

Conceptual Improvement- A++
    The special right and unfair advantage to improve any tool, from any time or place. A sword becomes sharper, a bow becomes stronger, an axe becomes heavier, etc.

In Panhuman history Beast developed his famous Watt Engine by improving upon the previously greatest engine of his era, the Newcomen Engine. This version of him has taken his innovations to ever greater heights, pioneering an entire empire of steam that perpetually grows and improves upon itself.

As such Beast obtains a pinnacle rank in this Skill. He can "upgrade" his mechanical creations to eliminate defects and adapt to past defeats, bestowing new traits (extra spider-like limbs, flamethrower-breath, etc) and pruning defective ones. In effect using the combat-data from past battles as inspiration for his development. It can be said that this Skill is the embodiment of the "perfectionism" and "self-improvement" Beast sees as inherent to humanity, constantly overcoming one's limitations and moving forward.

However in his present manifestation most of this Skill is directed towards merely sustaining Beast's biomechanical body, which is constantly unstable and breaking down. Beast's very body is a perpetual flux of creation and destruction, ever consuming itself in order to grow, and regular maintenance is needed to keep it from collapsing. As such Beast is unable to draw on the full benefits of this Skill in the middle of battle, when the "maintenance pressures" are heaviest, but only when he has time to "cool down" for a while.

The opposite edge of this sword is that Beast's body is constantly evolving and adapting, so attacks that worked against him before may not the next round. Beast can also ascribe himself new physical Skills in response to the needs of the situation like Mana Burst (Steam), Monstrous Strength and so forth at B~A+ rank.

Authority Of Twin Horns- EX
    The vestigial Authority of Cailleach, Divine Spirit of creation and destruction, engraved upon Beast's Saint Graph. It syncretizes excellently with his own nature as father of the Industrial Revolution, which brought both great
    creation
    prosperity
    and untold
    destruction
    decimation of the natural world
    . As a Skill this grants Beast a "Nation-Building Authority" akin to that a certain deified founding hero would possess.

When wielded for destruction, he can perform a sweeping attack that targets every enemy unit on the battlefield at once, or a focused blow that's always just powerful enough to shatter the opponent's defenses no matter how sturdy they are (in other words, damage that equals the enemy's current defenses + 1). Applied to nurture life rather than end it, Beast can either cast a battlefield-wide blessing of "prosperity" that raises morale・stats in allied troops while purging all negative influences like curses and mental interference, or miraculously heal a single individual from the edge of death.

However, naturally for such a great power usage of this Skill carries severe restrictions. Either aspect of creation or destruction can only be tapped into once, upon which one of Beast's horns (evoking Cailleach) will shatter. When both are destroyed, this Skill is sealed as the last of Cailleach's essence fades from him. Furthermore invoking divine Authority in the modern age can't be done without self-ruination, so Beast's Saint Graph is heavily destabilized each time he uses this Skill. Given he's already a patchwork held together by steam-technology, it's highly likely Beast would tear himself apart trying to use both these Authorities in succession.

Viewed as he is now, a man infatuated with nothing but laying waste to the world in the name of endless growth, it's hard to believe Beast would ever truly rely on the second part of his Authority- the power to save someone. Perhaps, just perhaps, if reminded of the original ideals he'd discarded so very long ago, Beast would find in himself to brandish that incalculable power not to destroy, but to protect even a single person. Yet surely--- that's just a fleeting dream.

Noble Phantasms
    Watt Engine
    Oh Progress, Ravage All In Your Path

Type: Support, Anti-Army

A Noble Phantasm sublimating Beast's greatest invention from life, the Watt Engine. A dramatic improvement over the sluggish and inefficient Newcomen Engine, it was near-singlehandedly credited for kickstarting the entire Industrial Revolution.

Literalizing its allegorization as a mechanical workhorse that drove the Industrial Revolution, the Watt Engine manifests in the form of a literal equine "steed" comprised entirely of whirling gears and other steampunk apparati. At least, that's how it'd be for James Watt as a proper Heroic Spirit. In the Beast Class this Noble Phantasm has been further distorted, merging with Watt's body and transforming him into a grotesque hybrid of flesh and machine. He now resembles a centaur, with his body from the legs down a twisted, blackened mass of machinery in the rough shape of a horse, and his upper-body still mostly human (except for the mechanical horns on his head).

By invoking this Noble Phantasm's true name, Beast overclocks the steam-engine inside him and undergoes a trampling charge across the battlefield while disgorging vast amounts of scalding-hot steam. This is a powerful Anti-Army attack, that can reduce a whole swathe of terrain in Beast's wake to scorched, steaming wasteland.

However since he now carries out this technique through his own body Beast suffers overheating from letting the steam-engine inside him run rampant. After performing it, he'll be immobilized for a few moments as he has to vent all the excessive heat, as well as incurring self-damage (though this can largely be mitigated thanks to his Conceptual Improvement Skill).

Dark Satanic Mills
    Distant Steam-Shrouded Dystopia

Type: Anti-World

James Watt's ultimate Noble Phantasm, crystallizing his dream for humanity united under a perpetually growing empire of steam. While in life his work only provided a stepping-stone towards reaching it, upon his awakening as Beast VI Watt is finally free to witness the culmination of his longed-for ideal.

Before invoking this Noble Phantasm, Beast must first establish a given region as his "territory" by securing leylines in the surroundings. Said space needs to be at least the size of a moderately large factory and must be in an area with fertile natural resources. Upon doing so he can recite its true name to begin painting over the environment with his "ideal world". The scenery around Beast blackens and warps, taking on the semblance of twisted industrial machinery. This effect spreads like a rot, gears growing inside trees and brass pipes sprouting from the ground to spew industrial smog. Nearby buildings are also corrupted into "factories", bizarre monoliths of steel and iron that endlessly vent steam but don't appear to be actually producing anything. At the center of the claimed territory lies a single steam-furnace, beating like an organic heart.

The air itself is choked with countless pollutants, a perpetual grey-black shroud that hangs in the sky. Humans without magical protection or mechanical augmentation will have their lungs corroded and die just from minutes breathing it in. Heroic Spirits in turn merely suffer a rank-down to their stats as long as they're exposed to the smog.

Initially the domain encompassed by this Noble Phantasm is equivalent to that secured when it's first invoked. However raw materials thrown into the furnace are converted into magical energy and used to fuel further expansion, slowly pushing the Bounded Field outwards in a circular radius. There's no set limit to the rate of growth so Beast can keep widening this Noble Phantasm's reach endlessly as long as he has more valuable resources to throw into it. However the Mana costs of this Noble Phantasm scale with the amount of territory assimilated. Eventually even the output of a whole country couldn't support any further growth, forcing Beast to seek out "other means" of feeding the insatiable engine. Beast can also offer his own Mana directly to the furnace, but that's less practical in the long-term.

The most efficient power-source however is the Spirit Cores of Heroic Spirits possessing the Divinity Skill. Sacrificing a Servant with Divinity of rank C or higher will supercharge the furnace, as it's especially rapacious for the blood of gods. A trait Beast likens to how humanity itself overthrows the old gods to progress. Through his Gods Eater Skill Beast can use the Divine Cores of deities he's defeated and harvested as substitute power-sources for this Noble Phantasm when he's otherwise unable to sustain it.

This entire Noble Phantasm itself is one massive factory for Beast, being the reason for his EX-ranked Item Construction (False) Skill. The numerous factories littering its confines, while they seem to possess no obvious purpose at first, can be commanded to churn out any technology Beast imagines as long as he has suitable resources and a mental blueprint for it first. Beast mainly uses this aspect to manufacture endless mechanical minions for him to send out and gather further materials, perpetuating the cycle of growth. When these familiars are damaged beyond combat functionality Beast can take them back to the factories to be repaired and enhanced through his Conceptual Improvement.

But mere automatons aren't the only things this Noble Phantasm can produce. Beast can also bring the factory's resources to bear in forging synthetic Noble Phantasms, born from humanity's will to surpass the legends of its past. Despite the seeming impossibility of it these are no mere replicas of the past but genuine Noble Phantasms that stand on the same level as those from yore. These "next gen Noble Phantasms" all possess Anti-Mystery and Anti-God attributes at the highest level, reflecting Beast's belief that mankind should prove its superiority by shrugging off the Age of Gods and mysteries. However, this forging process is extremely intensive in both time and Mana, far more so than his mass-produced creations.

A single E-ranked Noble Phantasm would require exhausting an entire town's resources and a full week of crafting time. This scales up as the rank increases, so an A-ranked Noble Phantasm would sacrifice an entire country and take a whole year to finish. At present only a few dozen of these Noble Phantasms above D-rank exist, and Beast hands them out exclusively to his elite guard, the few unaugmented humans trusted with maintaining the peace of his "utopia".

Incidentally, one of Beast's personal fondest creations is a refinement of the Curtana sword passed down through the rulers of the British Empire. This dubbed "Curtana Solais" was given to be wielded by the Queen who serves as the official ruler in Beast's Lostbelt, while he focuses on ensuring its expansion.

The effects of this Noble Phantasm can be reversed if the core itself is destroyed, returning all the territory claimed to its natural state. However at present the furnace is shielded in a vast concatenation of labryinthine factories swelling out impossibly in every direction. Not even an A++ ranked Noble Phantasm could break through, so one would have to surmount the depths of industrial hellscape personally to reach it. While fending off legions of Beast's mechanical minions along the way, of course.

While this Noble Phantasm's initial and default appearance is a hellish Victorian industrial district, it will gradually adapt to take on traits of new regions it encroaches upon, akin to a process of organic evolution. In which case this Noble Phantasm takes the form of a vast patchwork of all the civilizations it's assimilated, across countless eons and even parallel worlds. A chaotic mishmash of distinct architectural styles thrown together without rhyme or reason, from sprawling technological skyscrapers to ancient ruins and even underwater cities, albeit all flavored with Beast's own steampunk bent.

Disturbingly, the territory itself is "alive" and actively desires to grow. Those attuned to such things will be able to sense an immense primeval hunger emanating from it. Indeed, some might wonder whether it's Watt himself or this Noble Phantasm that's the "true" Beast VI, with Watt himself as merely its "ambassador".

An empire of steam, his deepest craving and fantasy manifested in the form of a grotesque world. Such is the true nature of Beast VI's Noble Phantasm.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Criarino's post in the contest thread inspired me to pick up my old idea for a Beast- Watt sheet. Thanks to him for suggesting the Cailleach connection, which helped justify him becoming a Beast. I finished it a few days too late to qualify for the contest, plus I already had two entries anyway and I wouldn't feel entirely comfortable submitting an idea that I wasn't the only one who came up with.

This is probably one of the Servants I put the most time and thought into writing him up, and I'm pretty proud of him overall. Hope y'all enjoy, and as usual comments and critiques would be welcome.

Blog Entries
    damn boy, i didnt expect you do him so early on. The idea was great to begin with and the implementation is great. A great sheet.
    I didnt see a sheet yet where you went all-in in the history section and wrote an actual story, you can write pretty well.
    Congratz to Criarino for coming up with the story idea.
    Could have perhaps won the current Contest, despite the strong contenders.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    damn boy, i didnt expect you do him so early on. The idea was great to begin with and the implementation is great. A great sheet.
    I didnt see a sheet yet where you went all-in in the history section and wrote an actual story, you can write pretty well.
    Congratz to Criarino for coming up with the story idea.
    Could have perhaps won the current Contest, despite the strong contenders.
    Thanks man. I do dabble in (non Fate-related) creative writing so I'm glad to hear you think my skills have potential there. I usually don't write backstories for Servant sheets (though have done some others before) but in this case it was really necessary to sell the concept.

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 08:26 PM.

Blog Entries
    Wattbeast: What a Beast. Would've mopped the floor had you gotten it in the contest thread before the deadline was out. So I take it Nega-Digression would cancel the effects of Skills like Musashi's Eye or techniques like Tsubame Gaeshi, as they seek to impose possibilities that aren't Wattbeast's own? Or is that too broad an interpretation?
    Noob here. Sorry about that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
    Wattbeast: What a Beast. Would've mopped the floor had you gotten it in the contest thread before the deadline was out. So I take it Nega-Digression would cancel the effects of Skills like Musashi's Eye or techniques like Tsubame Gaeshi, as they seek to impose possibilities that aren't Wattbeast's own? Or is that too broad an interpretation?
    I imagine Nega-Digression would interfere with Empyrean Eye but not Tsubame Gaeshi, since the latter is just three simultaneous sword-slashes. It's spatial-warpery, not directly affecting "possibilities" like Musashi's, at least that's how I understand it. But it is of course a fine line with these sorts of esoteric abilities. Also I envisioned Watt's Skill as basically a broader but weaker version of Empyrean Eye, letting him fix a certain outcome of the battle as "inevitable".

“So… YOU are the one who summoned me here in this withered, decayed state? [...] I suppose it… can’t be helped. This is how the world chooses to see me. And humanity will PAY for its ignorance soon enough. I am the Caster-Class Servant. Imhotep, the Exalted Architect of Egypt. And let me assure you, however withered and decayed my form may be? I will not hesitate to remind you who holds the REAL power in this partnership should you get in my way. Now… shall we begin?

(Source)

True Name: Imhotep
    Class: Caster
    Other Qualifying Classes: Ruler
    Title: Exalted Architect of Egypt
    Armament: A golden staff and a ritual dagger
    Alignment: Neutral Evil (formerly Lawful Neutral)
    Country of Origin: Egypt
    Source: Historical Fact(...sorta)
    Dislikes: Horror movies, his withered form
    Talents: Innovating construction work, receiving credit
    Natural Enemies: Akhenaten, Nefertiti, Universal Studios, Hammer Film Productions
    CV: [EN] Paul St. Peter (Xemnas, Kingdom Hearts III)
    [JP] Ryuzaburo-Otomo (Black Doom, Shadow the Hedgehog)

Parameters
    • Strength: E-
    • Endurance: E-
    • Agility: E
    • Mana: A+
    • Luck: D
    • Noble Phantasm: EX

Class Skills
    Item Construction
    A Caster-class Skill. It is the Skill to manufacture magical items, from implements of war to items for daily use. Also, this Skill requires time to gather components and manufacture items.
    • -: At the cost of the acquisition of the summoning ability by means of his Noble Phantasm, the "Item Construction" Skill is lost.

Workshop Creation
    A Caster-class Skill. It is the Skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus, such as for the purpose of collecting mana.
    • A+: By gathering specific materials, is able to create a “Pyramid”< which is superior to a “Temple”.

Personal Skills
    Divinity
    The measure of whether one has Divine Spirit aptitude or not. At high levels, one is treated as a mixed race of a Divine Spirit, and the level declines when the Heroic Spirit's own rank as a Monster or Demonic Beast raises. It can also decrease due to one's dislike for the gods. Those who have A-Rank Divinity or above have reached the Throne of Gods. It also has an effect which reduces special defensive values called "purge defense" in proportion to the Divinity's Rank. It can break through Skills such as Protection of the Faith and Enlightenment of the Sacred Fig.
    • E-: For millennia having enjoyed the privilege of being among the few true mortals to ascend to the Throne of Gods, as a god of wisdom and medicine, recent reinterpretations and cultural perceptions have deteriorated his Divinity; morphing him into a Monster. However, he does still enjoy some of his Divinity. However, a slither of it still remains.

High Speed Divine Words
    A Skill that assists with magical incantations via a power to activate Thaumaturgy without the use of Magic Circuits. The language of the Age of Gods, back when words played a heavy role in spellcasting. As such, it is a power long lost by modern magi. It is particularly useful for direct attack magic.
    • A: High-Thaumaturgy-level Magecraft can be cast at the speed of Single-Action spells.

Innocent Monster
    An attribute possessed by Servants whose true history and existence have been distorted by the monstrous reputations and gossips they accrued across the course of their life and thereafter, without concern for the actual person's will or appearance. As a consequence, the Servant's abilities and appearance have been rendered to conform to the specifications of their legend. Incidentally, this Personal Skill cannot be removed
    • A: Millennia after his death, his home nation of Egypt spent the majority of the Dark Ages through to the Napoleonic Wars antagonistically portrayed in the West because of the Book of Exodus. Caster himself has also seen cultural resurgence cast as a vengeful undead that has tainted his legend in such a way that his Servant vessel has manifested in this form.

Monstrous Strength
    A Skill that temporarily grants a rank-up to one's Strength parameter for a time limit determined by the ranking of this Skill. It is borne from the holder's nature as a monster or Demonic Beast
    • D

Wide Specialization
    Access to and use of many professional skills
    • B: Architecture, religious ceremony, medicine, surgery and a myriad of other skills can be used with proficiency of a B-Rank. To access these skills, Caster must spend up to two hours in his Workshop or Great Pyramid of Djoser reading up on the subjects he wishes to recall and utilise.

Noble Phantasms
    Spoiler:
    Great Stairway to the Ether
    Great Pyramid of Djoser
    Type: Fortress

While Caster and his Master may initially opt for a Workshop or a Temple during the first few days of the Holy Grail War, by gathering 90 lbs of sand, Caster can use his Territory Creation Skill in conjunction with High-Speed Divine Words to erect the Great Pyramid of Djoser. This towering structure was Caster’s greatest architectural project in life: considered by many historians to be the first large-scale, stone cut structure in recorded history. It is in this Pyramid that Caster can truly shine as a Mage and a Servant. Within the confines of the Great Pyramid, Caster is able to perform spellcasting feats on par with that of True Magic; giving himself a form of immortality and ramping his favoured school of sorcery up to unprecedented levels. He also can control and reshape the interior of the Pyramid via the use of a design plan papyrus kept in his personal chamber within the tomb.

Upon the Great Pyramid’s summoning, Caster and his Master summon forth and have access to the myriad of treasures buried with the Pharaoh. This includes war chariots and weapons equivalent to up to C-Rank Noble Phantasms (such as khopshes, axes, bows and arrows, ritual daggers, etc.), and vast quantities of gold, incenses and precious stones to use as resources as deemed necessary. Statues of Ancient Egyptian soldiers also stand vigil and can be reanimated as low-ranking homunculi to rush down and engage any intruders.

The Pyramid is also well-secured via Caster’s magic in case of any would-be invaders. Various defensive glyphs have been etched onto the stone ‘steps’ of the Pyramid that, as soon as motion is detected, will trigger one of a myriad of magical security protocols set up. Whether it be a sudden flare of blinding light emitting heat comparable to the sun itself or a raging sandstorm suddenly erupting or even giant limbs of limestone dust and sand sprouting from it to punt an intruder away, it seems almost as if the temple itself is alive. Even if one were to attempt to use Thaumaturgy to breach its defense and enter, an anti-magic repulsion field is among the intricate security measures of the outside of the Great Pyramid, rendering it resistant to all but the oldest and most powerful spells.

However, the Great Pyramid is not without its faults. A single blind spot exists The front door to the Pyramid itself, hidden behind little more than a stone wall, in the north-eastern section of the structure. It may have a security system to alert Caster should someone breach it, giving him time to react, however this fatal hole in his security is still a critical error. Especially with a Pyramid so large it invites challengers. Moreover, whereas its exterior is nigh invulnerable to damage, an Anti-Fortress Noble Phantasm used within its interior could potentially bring the entire structure collapsing in on itself.

Superstition from the Sands
    The Mummy’s Curse
    Type: Anti-Unit [Self]/Anti-Life

The “curse of the mummy” is both a relatively modern myth but also one as old as the sands itself. For it is true that Egyptian priests and sorcerers would often etch out threats against tomb robbers who dared to disturb theirs or a royal’s rest with the wrath of the gods. It is even true that some Egyptian kings and queens have been known to curse their successors (the most notable of these being a two-fold curse from Akhenaten and then Nefertiti against the co-conspirators against their “religious reform” , ultimately bringing the dynasty to a collapse and their son, in death, to inherit the "Mummy's Curse"). It is simply that Imhotep’s attachment to this phenomena is very new by comparison, and almost entirely down to the fabrications of the film industry. But nonetheless, it is a curse Caster must bear as his Noble Phantasm.

Its first and most notable ability can be seen just by looking at Caster. Withered away, he has become not a human being but The Mummy: an undead, shambling corpse reanimated by necromantic sorcery. Frail in this state, even by the standards of a Caster-class Servant, direct confrontation would almost certainly lead to Caster’s demise. However, his Monstrous Strength can be momentarily empowered to a drastic degree via The Mummy’s Curse. Should Caster be struck by a mortal wound by a Servant or Noble Phantasm of non-divine origin, he would not die. Rather, instead, they will be marked by the Curse of Vengeance. This typically manifests on their Magical Core itself; a parasite slowly eating at them from the inside.

Any Servant against whom Caster swears revenge upon will, twenty four hours after this decree has been made, begin to suffer the detrimental effects of the curse. Their Parameters will Rank Down and their head clouded with visions of the Egyptian gods casting judgment upon their soul. This manifests as an equivalent of Mental Pollution (E-Rank), that’ll slowly increase over time, the longer Caster is denied his revenge. Eventually, their body will start to dry out and waste away, taking an emaciated appearance similar to Caster’s own. This starved, frail form takes all of their physical Parameters down to an E-, just like Caster’s own. This effect only ends with the death of either Caster or the subject of his vengeance. If Caster were to die first, however, then all effects of The Mummy’s Curse would be removed and the afflicted would be restored to the prime of their health.

Should Caster, directly or through machinations, successfully ensure the death of a victim of The Mummy’s Curse, he may select one of the following organs-

• Lungs
    • Stomach
    • Liver
    • Intestines

The selected organ is then extracted from that dying victim’s body and summoned to Caster, who can then seal it into one of four Canopic Jars in his possession. Once he has at least one Canopic Jar filled, Caster gains the ability to summon Mummies: low-ranking Monsters with relatively weak statistics, but surprisingly high Battle Continuation akin to a vampire. Caster can create up to twenty Mummies for each filled Canopic Jar in his possession. These Mummies are spawned within the burial chamber of The Great Pyramid and their form depends on the Canopic Jar they were created with. (Lungs, Baboon; Stomach, Jackal; Liver, Human; and Intestines, Falcon).

These Mummies can fill differing niches: Baboons favouring group attacks and confusing their adversaries with erratic screeches from multiple places simultaneously; Jackals are able to devour most non-magical material, and even low-level Single-Action spells; Humans are the most basic, but also capable of handling and wielding weapons; and Falcons are fast flyers, making them the most effective scouts.

“I told you; Mankind shall pay for its sins against me! And I warned you that if you were an obstacle in my path I WOULD remind you who the real power in this partnership is…!! Now, gaze upon my splendour… BEFORE I CAST YOU INTO THE DEPTHS OF THE NETHERWORLD!!!!! WITNESS!! THE ARRIVAL OF A GOD!!!”

When all five Canopic Jars are filled, Caster can perform a special ritual… using the sacrifice of his own Master and claiming their still beating heart for himself. With his missing organs restored, his body fills out and his power multiples dramatically. His physical form transcends the weak, emaciated husk of the Mummy to become the living embodiment of The Mummy’s Curse itself--the King of the Dead, a self-proclaimed aspect of the Egyptian god Osiris.

The King of the Dead’s Parameters are as follows-

• Strength: A+
    • Endurance: A+
    • Agility: D
    • Mana: A++
    • Luck: A

While in the form of the King of the Dead, Caster’s Divinity Rank skyrockets from an E- to an A as he “reclaims” his lost godhood. His sorcery reaches unprecedented scales, making him capable of "commanding the Sun itself" to fire beams of fire and light down, or blot it out entirely to plunge an entire city into pitch-black darkness. His Mummies’ strength doubles as they become able to contend in one-on-one combat with even low-ranking Servants, and their regenerative ability becomes so great that they can be scattered to dust and still reconstitute. All so long as Caster wills it.

This godlike power, however, comes with its own costs and consequences. With the betrayal and execution of his own Master, Caster is now entirely dependent on his own mana to sustain his existence. Furthermore, he is exceptionally vulnerable now to anti-divinity weaponry, Skills or Noble Phantasms, such as Enkidu or Scathach’s God-Slayer. But most cripplingly of all?

His newfound organs.

Each time one of these organs is destroyed, the King of the Dead’s power abruptly drops momentarily, and all Mummies created using that organ’s corresponding Canopic Jar vanish away. So long as a single Canopic Jar survives, Caster's newly acquired heart is protected from a mortal blow, thus allowing for the King of the Dead to continue acnchoring himself to his existence. Much in the way it is believed that the heart had to remain in a mummy's body to be allowed into the netherworld. Should his newfound heart finally be struck by a fatal blow, no longer protected by the magic of the Canopic Jars, his Magical Core is likewise. And the godlike power Caster had acquired will tear his body apart.

Personality

Befitting his appearance, Caster has been rotted and withered away to the point any of his true personality has been replaced with malice and hate. His mind rotted to the point he is a thoroughly rotten and evil character, Caster is a shrewd and manipulative man who uses his vast intelligence to bring about harm and ruin to others. He has a macabre obsession with death and the afterlife: both having been vital elements of Egyptian society, and himself, even life, resembling something among the dead far closer.

Any relationship with his Master, Caster will be quick to ensure that he is the dominant power in their dynamic. This is because he has grown vain and arrogant with his fame and acclaim, having surpassed his Pharaoh in prestige and cultural significance to Egypt. Thus he now views himself as his own master. Never again merely an obedient servant to anyone. He DESPISES his current form, deeming it ill-fitting for a god of health and medicine. And, on some level, deeply resents his Master for summoning him in such a form.

For all of his unabashedly evil traits, however, there are still… flickers of humanity left to the Divine Mind of Egypt. He still has a keen fascination with medicine and science, and is outright fascinated with many modern structures’ history and means of construction. He’d love for nothing more than to venture to cities like Paris and London to gaze upon Big Ben or the Eiffel Tower… before, of course, blitzing the city into oblivion with a magical bombardment, for daring to steal sacred Egyptian artifacts. And despite his vocal hatred of modern pop culture, especially cinema, for its portrayals of him? He does enjoy watching medical dramas. Particularly Grey’s Anatomy. The amount of DEATH among so many medical professionals is… fascinating...

Relationships

Most Egyptian Servants: “Everything you built was upon my foundations. You are most welcome.”
    Ozymandias: “Gaze upon my work, ye mighty, and despair! For I lay the stones upon which arose your legacy!”
    Akhenaten and Nefertiti: Nothing would please him more than to subject the heretics to three thousand years’ worth of torture.
    Tutankhamun: “How precious. The little boy thinks he knows about curses? When your flesh is as withered as mine and your body as hollow as this wretched HUSK, THEN you can whine to me of curses… petulant brat…”
    Moses: “I shall make you pay most EGREGIOUSLY for the shame you brought upon my nation, snake-charmer!”
    Iskandar, Cambyses, Augustus and Omar: “Conquerors of Egypt? … I would love to see you try that again. I dare you. Go on. Right now.
    Vlad III and Fran: “Kindred spirit… shall we raze this ‘Universal Studios’ to the ground TOGETHER…?”
    Napoleon Bonaparte: “bandits and tomb raiders such as you should be punished to the same fate as those you rob from… buried beneath the scorching hot sands; a hollowed out, withered shell..."
    Any Medically-Inclined Heroic Spirit: “Please… tell me more. I must know ALL! I AM the god of medicine, after all…”

Blog Entries
    Imhotep: I've seen a few mummy Servants in this forum but this is a pretty good one. You did a good job fleshing out his second NP with all the aspects of the "Mummy's Curse". I take it his wish on the Holy Grail would be to reclaim his former rightful divinity?

Blog Entries
    "...I hate you, because you smell just like a human. But Mama says I should get along with you, so I guess I'm your 'Servant' for now. Still, don't even think of betraying or treating me like a pawn, else I'll show you how much of a terrifying death drowning really is."

Servant Foreigner:

True Name: Antoku "The Drowned Emperor"

Appearance: An androgynously beautiful young boy appearing no older than seven or eight. His unblemished skin is pale to the point of being almost pallid, lending him an eerie resemblance to a porcelain doll. His wide blue eyes seem to open into an infinitely vast and cold ocean, as if one could be drowned merely by meeting his gaze. Long, straight and immaculately brushed black hair falls to Foreigner's knees, further accentuating his resemblance to the opposite sex.

Foreigner wears the traditional outfit of a Japanese emperor; flowing white and gold robes that hang awkwardly off his childish frame. An ornate crown of multicolored coral rests atop the young emperor's head. Lastly, a pair of shoulder pads carved from conch shells adorn his delicate shoulders. All in all giving the impression of a "ruler of the seas" straight from fairy-tales.

Despite his beauty, Foreigner possesses several monstrous characteristics that testify to his pact with an otherworldly being. His arms, normally hidden under his baggy sleeves, are coated in a hardened chitinous material resembling crab shell. His left arm ends in a vicious claw, while his right hand retains its individual fingers, allowing him to still perform tasks requiring manual dexterity, albeit with less finesse due to his bulky grip.

Somewhat like this

Alignment: Neutral Evil

Alternate Classes: Saber, Caster, Avenger

Armament: The holy sword Kusanagi swallowed up by the sea alongside Foreigner himself. In that sense, he can be considered its last true owner. Centuries lost at sea have warped the sword's appearance almost beyond recognition. A thick layer of rust and barnacles coating the blade obscures every glimmer of its former resplendence.

Foreigner would be able to wield Kusanagi as his Noble Phantasm in the Saber Class, with it boasting a powerful authority of wind and weather manipulation. However, in this form he lacks the abilities or knowledge to invoke the sword's true name and hence is reduced to using it solely as a mundane armament. Yet even in its diminished state, the blade's sharpness and durability still stand as second to none, able to clash with the strongest of Noble Phantasms without chipping.

Strength- B
    Agility- A
    Endurance- D+
    Mana- B
    Luck- D
    NP- A+

History
    Foreigner's true identity is Antoku, the last emperor belonging to the Taira Clan and 81st official emperor of Japan. Born during a tumultuous civil war between the Taira and rival Minamoto Clan, Antoku was hailed as a beacon of hope that'd ensure the Taira's future. However on account of his tender years, he was naturally treated as a mere figurehead-ruler, with the real governance handled by his grandmother Taira No Tokiko and grandfather the great warrior Taira Kiyomori.

Just like that--- the people greedily pushed all their hopes and wishes upon that mere child's shoulders.

As the war dragged on, the Taira were pushed further into a corner, forced to flee westward. In the final naval battle at Dan-No-Ura, the Taira were decisively defeated. But rather than accepting the humiliation of capture the samurai and nobles all chose to commit mass suicide, hurling themselves into the depths of the sea. Taira No Tokiko followed suit with her grandson. Pressing the Kusanagi sword, one of the Three Imperial Regalia, into the youth's scrawny arms, she took Antoku and dove into the waters together with him. Her last words whispering to the young boy were "Our capital lies beneath the waves", promising a better world in the next life.

Antoku didn't understand. He didn't know why he had to be sacrificed. All he knew was that his grandmother took him reassuringly in her arms, and the next moment he was plunged into cold water unable to breath. He tried to swim, to struggle, but Tokiko's heavier body weighed him down, dragging him deeper below. Eventually his grandmother's body drifted away in the currents, leaving Antoku totally alone. He was lonely, and afraid, and even when he tried to call out there was nobody to help him.

According to history that's how Antoku's tale ends, but his incarnation in the Foreigner Class whispers of another conclusion to the story. When he was alone sinking into the depths, a "voice" answered Antoku. It sounded like a thousand sea creatures chittering in unison, but to the scared child merely to hear anyone in his predicament was like salvation itself. The voice beckoned only a simple promise. Serve me, and I shall grant all the titles denied to you, as well as revenge on those who cast you out.

"Ma...ma?" Antoku murmured, his last words swallowed by the sea. And so, the contract was sealed.

Personality
    Cold and withdrawn. A traumatized child used as a political puppet his whole life and even sacrificed by his grandmother without any regard for his own will, Foreigner adopts a jaded outlook unbecoming of his tender years.

He detests humans, seeing them as ugly and selfish beings who invariably use and discard each other for their own ambitions. Conversely Foreigner feels a deep kinship and affection for any and all sea creatures, considering them his true family for how they took him in when he was cast to the bottom of the chilly depths. Even abominations from the deep that'd make an ordinary man shrivel in fear only perturb Foreigner's curiosity, as he just wants to learn more so he can make friends with them.

Due to his twisted upbringing and Basatan's influence Foreigner has no qualms killing humans, doing it with childish innocence and no awareness his actions are wrong. For his eldritch patron Basatan, Foreigner fully adores the Deep One from the bottom of his heart, and even refers to it as "Mama". Only valued for his status as future emperor he never knew genuine familial affection in life, so Basatan is the closest thing he recognizes to a mother figure. Needless to say, he's totally oblivious to how the evil god is merely using him to bring about its own wish.

Despite his misanthropy, there's some situations that can awaken a more appropriately childish side of Foreigner. He enjoys seaside festivals and savoring simple treats like saltwater taffy, and upon experiencing them his normally apathetic expression lights up in a radiant smile. Of course, if asked he'll blush and deny he would ever enjoy anything made by "filthy humans" while hurriedly trying to regain his aloof demeanor.

Ultimately, he's just a scared and lonely child trying to cope with his trauma in the only ways he knows how. Perhaps if Foreigner were to encounter someone who showed him genuine warmth and love of the kind he never received in life, he'd be able to shed the shell of seclusion around his heart and show more of the cheerful and innocent boy he once was. And even, come to reject the words of the evil god gnawing at his psyche...

Foreigner's wish on the Holy Grail is for the seas to rise and wash away all mankind, replacing them with his "pure" aquatic companions/servants.

Dislikes: being manipulated, humans
    Talent: ruling an undersea kingdom
    Natural Enemy: his family, the Minamoto Clan

Class Skills:

Existence Beyond The Domain- D+

A Skill inherent to the Foreigner Class, asserting one's existence outside of time and reality. Foreigner is partially resistant to physical and mental damage, as his true self exists beyond the reality perceivable by humans. This defense can be bypassed if the attacker themselves is connected to "something beyond man", like by possessing the Divinity Skill. Foreigner has a low rank in this Skill due to the evil god he hosts being relatively grounded in the material plane.

As a side-effect of this Skill, Foreigner's body manifests several traits of his patron deity, such as his right hand being permanently warped into a gruesome crab claw. Foreigner can also willingly increase the scope of his transformation, granting himself additional traits to aid in combat. For instance, growing a hardened carapace over his skin to repel attacks or sprouting up to a dozen giant crab legs from his back that he can manipulate as extra sets of arms.

Divinity- A

Qualifies one's aptitude as a Divine Spirit. Like all Japanese emperors, Foreigner was believed to be directly descended from the sun goddess Amaterasu. After death, he was venerated as a
    God of Water
    Mizu-No-Kami
    , further elevating his divine status.

Insanity- C

A Mental Pollution-like skill gained from contacting an evil god that can easily erode the fragile common sense and morals of humans. However, the main qualification for the Foreigner class is to defy this erosion, either by maintaining their integrity as they descend into madness, or instead of being consumed by madness, they consume the madness itself. Due to his youth and lack of worldly experience, Foreigner's mind was easily molded by the otherworldly being he hosts.

Personal Skills:

Imperial Privilege- N/A

An ability where- through sheer insistence of the owner- Skills otherwise impossible to possess can be briefly obtained. At a ranking of A or higher, even Skills that burden the body such as Divinity can be attained. Foreigner was an emperor of Japan- revered as equal to heaven- and hence would possess this Skill, albeit at a low rank to reflect the short-lived nature of his reign.

However, since Foreigner despises his human family and sees his role as emperor as little more than that of a political puppet, he has willfully sealed this Skill.

Charisma of the Deep- A

A variation of the Charisma Skill that reflects one's ability to command creatures from the depths of the sea. Foreigner obtains this Skill due to his pact with Basatan, the Master of Crabs, as well as the legend of him becoming king of an undersea palace after death. While his specialty is crabs and creatures derived from them, Foreigner can command other kinds of aquatic life by extension. No matter what sort of being it is, even if it lacks anything humans would conceptualize as a mind, all forms of sealife will instinctively recognize Foreigner as an absolute authority and obey him unquestioningly.

Possible uses of this Skill include creating a bridge of fish under his feet while walking across water, or commanding coral to extend and pierce his foes like spears. Though not as powerful towards fellow Heroic Spirits born from the sea, Foreigner's words still exert a strong mental compulsion to obey. This effect can be nullified by Bravery or a related Skill specialized in resisting mental interference at rank C or higher.

Mana Burst (Water)- B+

Foreigner can launch powerful blasts of saltwater from his limbs and sword, representing the endless ocean where he died. This water has a potent exorcism attribute, searing the flesh of demons and other unholy beings. However, Foreigner's past trauma and the influence of his otherworldly patron have twisted his perspective on what is and isn't "holy". To Foreigner, all humans・surface-dwellers are unholy and evil by definition. Thus, his water attacks gain a permanent + modifier against them.

Noble Phantasms
    Basatan・Heikegani
    Rise From Your Watery Graves, My Soldiers

Type: Anti-Army

A Noble Phantasm where Foreigner summons his patron god Basatan, the Master of Crabs. Perverting the legend where samurai who gave their lives for Foreigner in the battle of Dan-No-Ura were reborn as crabs to continue serving him for eternity, Basatan incarnates through the bodies of every Taira samurai who fought and died in that famous battle. A grotesque organism formed from the crushed and rotting corpses of countless samurai, compressed into the shape of a gargantuan crab-like monstrosity.

Despite its hulking girth, Basatan's six legs lend it a terrifying degree of mobility, scuttling across the battlefield at speeds rivalling the swiftest locomotive. In combat, the crustacean horror attacks by crushing enemies with its massive pincers, ramming them with its body and squirting jets of pressurized water from its mouth that can shred steel like cardboard. Its chitinous hide is also armored like a tank, capable of withstanding up to B-ranked attacks unscathed.

Ryūgū-jō
    Our Capital Lies Beneath The Waves

Type: Fortress

A mythical palace at the bottom of the sea ruled by the dragon god Ryujin. Foreigner is also associated with the palace, due to the legend where his soul found repose there after his death by drowning. Regardless of the truth of the matter, Foreigner can manifest a facsimile of the undersea palace as one of his Noble Phantasms.

This Noble Phantasm can be invoked near any body of water of sufficient size and depth, calling forth his palace from beneath the waves. A magnificent sanctuary built entirely from red and white coral, impossibly beautiful and luxurious beyond the finest palace on the surface world. Or at least, so it should be. Foreigner's link with the evil god Basatan has led his palace to be conflated with another famous location in Lovecraftian mythos- the sunken spiral city R'lyleh. Rather than a beautiful palace, it is a nightmarish monolith composed of twisting, impossible angles that assaults the senses of anyone who gazes upon it.

The interior is akin to a hermit crab's shell, filled with what looks like soft coral but is in reality Basatan's fleshy tentacles running throughout the entirety of the palace. These tendrils join at the "throne room", whereupon they merge into a giant, gleaming throne of "coral" that pulsates like a beating heart. From here Foreigner can freely monitor the state of all rooms within the palace as well as the activities of anyone therein, as it's an extension of his/Basatan's body. Foreigner himself views this Noble Phantasm as his inner sanctum, and will often seclude in it when he's feeling shy or depressed.

Foreigner's relatives and servants, the denizens of the sea, also dwell in Ryūgū-jō. This allows him to summon sea creatures, from mundane ones like whales and giant squids to horrific tentacled abominations. While this ability doesn't give Foreigner authority over the sea creatures he summons, he can command them anyway through his Charisma of the Deep Skill. However, the farther the sea creature in question exists apart from mankind's common sense, the more focus and magical power Foreigner must expend to evoke it. Trying to draw on a true evil god of the abyss like Cthulhu would assuredly kill Foreigner from the strain on his mind and soul.

So after Watt I felt inspired to dust off one of my old WIP sheets and post it up here. I've seen a few Antoku sheets around, but surprisingly none of them went with the obvious "giant enemy crab" type NP. I couldn't find any FC that matched the image of him I had in my head, so I just wrote up his appearance myself. As usual comments and critiques would be welcome. Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by RoydGolden; May 14th, 2023 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Rewrote parts of 2nd NP

Blog Entries
    ... I didn't know you don't need to have a faceclaim in order to post a sheet. I guess that's good?

Blog Entries
    Inhotep: interesting idea to let modern day views warp a character, despite this conception is pretty new. Opening questions how the human consciousness interacts with the throne and how fast.
    Really cool sheet, all the important cultural quirks we know from egyot were incorporated into this sheet. Really good work! Your sheets are all good quality content.
    But no specific lines with Asklepius? smh

Antoku:
    I feel Jebaited, you just said few days ago we dont have to expect many more sheets from you for a while
    ooh interesting story, never heard of this guy and this god specifically, but the link is good and the writing as well. "Our capital lies beneath the waves" is chilling to imagine as the last words he has heard.
    His Basatan NP is terrifyingly wonderful in that concept. Really good. I get Gyo from Junji Ito vibes, just even scarier to imagine it.

On the other hand his other NP is...
    The palace part is great.
    Summoning Chtulhu or just a part of it...I am conflicted about that.
    He is already linked to Basatan, who is actually not linked to Chtulhu except the water theme (and technically not even in the HPL world, but the own of Ashton Smith, but doesnt matter). Summoning even an aspect therefore doesnt click with me,even if they are part of the same suggested alliance from LB4.5. One might argue with Gilles giant demon NP , but it is not Chthulhu himself, still linked to him due to R'lehyan Text.
    I guess I am just for the one servant one outer god concept. Basatan is either independent or subordinate of Chtulhu. The Existence rank checks out for subordinate, his Divinity does clearly not btw. I think highest Divinity amongst Foreigners is B and even with his natural divinity, idk if they add up to such a degree that he reaches A. And if we equate the Existence rank with "Outer God Rank" why should a being that barely ranks higher than XX, who is blessed by that is conceptually part of the world, able to summon even parts of something that is EX rank. The boy had real contact and scores lower than BB who had a mere glimpse of an EX ranker like Nyarla.
    Oh and the first things i found for basatan was, that a mage was the "master of crabs" by giving him some kind of tentacle ring, which gave him control of crabs, but nitpicks, free creative reign for obscure outer gods

Tl,dr : Background and writing awesome, concept and sheet really cool, Foreigner Ranks could be fine tuned, I dislike the summoning part of a second Outer God

Edit: i imagined Muichiro Tokito from Demon Slayer while reading. Some aspects of your description kinda fit his appearance, maybe check him out if he appeals to your vision

- - - Updated - - -

... I didn't know you don't need to have a faceclaim in order to post a sheet. I guess that's good?
    Having a FC is nice to make the sheet look better, but finding the right one is hard if you have certain concepts in mind like Royd did. Some take hours to find something. If you dont have one, you can still use the Class Card we see before summoning a hero in FGO.
    btw i noticed way too late that people hide their actual faceclaims behind those cards. Countless Faceclaims overlooked by me.
    Last edited by DelRey; December 29th, 2020 at 08:47 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    Antoku:
    I feel Jebaited, you just said few days ago we dont have to expect many more sheets from you for a while
    ooh interesting story, never heard of this guy and this god specifically, but the link is good and the writing as well. "Our capital lies beneath the waves" is chilling to imagine as the last words he has heard.
    His Basatan NP is terrifyingly wonderful in that concept. Really good. I get Gyo from Junji Ito vibes, just even scarier to imagine it.

On the other hand his other NP is...
    The palace part is great.
    Summoning Chtulhu or just a part of it...I am conflicted about that.
    He is already linked to Basatan, who is actually not linked to Chtulhu except the water theme (and technically not even in the HPL world, but the own of Ashton Smith, but doesnt matter). Summoning even an aspect therefore doesnt click with me,even if they are part of the same suggested alliance from LB4.5. One might argue with Gilles giant demon NP , but it is not Chthulhu himself, still linked to him due to R'lehyan Text.
    I guess I am just for the one servant one outer god concept. Basatan is either independent or subordinate of Chtulhu. The Existence rank checks out for subordinate, his Divinity does clearly not btw. I think highest Divinity amongst Foreigners is B and even with his natural divinity, idk if they add up to such a degree that he reaches A. And if we equate the Existence rank with "Outer God Rank" why should a being that barely ranks higher than XX, who is blessed by that is conceptually part of the world, able to summon even parts of something that is EX rank. The boy had real contact and scores lower than BB who had a mere glimpse of an EX ranker like Nyarla.
    Oh and the first things i found for basatan was, that a mage was the "master of crabs" by giving him some kind of tentacle ring, which gave him control of crabs, but nitpicks, free creative reign for obscure outer gods

Tl,dr : Background and writing awesome, concept and sheet really cool, Foreigner Ranks could be fine tuned, I dislike the summoning part of a second Outer God

Edit: i imagined Muichiro Tokito from Demon Slayer while reading. Some aspects of your description kinda fit his appearance, maybe check him out if he appeals to your vision
    Fair enough about the Cthulhu thing. That was one aspect I most considered changing before I posted up the sheet. I wanted to give him some kind of special trump-card he could use in his palace (with the idea he'd used it when forced into a corner after the opponent has fought their way through all his other aquatic minions) and I figured the R'lyeh connection justified it, but now that you mention it does reek of "mixing and matching Outer Gods". I'll probably scrap that part and just leave the general sea-creature summoning.

For his Divinity rank, I just figured that being a direct descendant of Amaterasu would give him B-rank, and being deified in his own right after death would raise it to A. Since A-rank Divinity seems to be generally for Servants who were already demigods in life and then venerated further after death, pushing them into truly divine status. Him being a Foreigner didn't really factor into it, I would've given him the same rank if he were a "regular" Servant.

Also, Tokito from Demon Slayer actually does check off some of the boxes for how I imagined him, mainly the Japanese clothes, wide and somewhat "vacant" eyes and even water motif in some images. I think I'll add him as a FC, but keep the description I have now for flavor. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Made those adjustments. Thanks DelRey!

Blog Entries
    Antoku: Why is it that for some reason I imagined Kevin Levin from Ben10 when you described his appearance? His hair ain't nearly as long, and he ain't androgynous at all as a kid.

For the second NP, apart from everything else DelRey mentioned, there are enough thematic reasons why Tokohito (sorry not sorry) should retain his thematic connection with crabs, especially hermit crabs. Might I suggest the palace look more like that of a lived-in shell, bristling with what first seem like soft corals but are really Basatan's tentacle-thingies, one someone like that poor kid would pick up by the seashore? Simultaneously establishing his sheltered childishness before Dan-no-Ura, his post-mortem inhumanity, and yet his managing to have a sense of individuality despite being the vessel of an Outer God.

And, yes, that "King of Crabs" moniker.
    Last edited by Tabris; December 29th, 2020 at 10:03 PM.

Blog Entries
    Antoku: Why is it that for some reason I imagined Kevin Levin from Ben10 when you described his appearance? His hair ain't nearly as long, and he ain't androgynous at all as a kid.

For the second NP, apart from everything else DelRey mentioned, there are enough thematic reasons why Tokohito (sorry not sorry) should retain his thematic connection with crabs, especially hermit crabs. Might I suggest the palace look more like that of a lived-in shell, bristling with what first seem like soft corals but are really Basatan's tentacle-thingies, one someone like that poor kid would pick up by the seashore? Simultaneously establishing his sheltered childishness before Dan-no-Ura, his post-mortem inhumanity, and yet his managing to have a sense of individuality despite being the vessel of an Outer God.

And, yes, that "King of Crabs" moniker.
    Tying the palace in with his crab-motifs is actually a really good idea I'm a little embarrassed I hadn't thought of. In any case I rewrote the description to work that in, as well as referencing what it signifies for his emotional state. Also, after rereading some stuff about Basatan I came across a part about how he's sometimes thought to be equivalent with Cthulhu or Dagon. I wonder if that'd justify the Cthulhu part of his NP, or it's still too much of a stretch?

Blog Entries
    Still too much of a stretch, I think. Why would Tokohito use the powers of someone not his mama squickiest? Seems odd to me.

Blog Entries
    Still too much of a stretch, I think. Why would Tokohito use the powers of someone not his mama squickiest? Seems odd to me.
    That makes sense. Thanks for answering.