Page 100 of 621 FirstFirst ... 5090959899100101102105110150200600 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 12409

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Criarino View Post
    Beast Watt: That's really awesome! I'm really glad my ideas helped to create such a great sheet. You did a great job fleshing out my initial ideas (when reading some parts I was like "woooo that's cool, it's almost like how I imagined it!") even the parts that I was having trouble with.
    The way you implemented the skills was absolutelly perfect, especially the nega skill.
    Of course I couldn't help but compare some details to the story I had first imagined, so here are some comparations if you are curious (these are in no way critics, just pointing some differences in our takes):

-First of all, Cailleach's appearence. IIRC, 'Cailleach' means literally "old hag" so I imagined her like this, a old woman, contrary to how you described her appearence.
    -Cailleach's name. Scotish mythology is a convoluted thing, and as such there are many different names for the deities. Cailleach is only one of those names, and isn't even widelly accepted. I would put some references to her other names, like "Humans know me by Cailleach Bhéara, A' Chailleach Bheurrach, Digdi, Milucra, or simply Cailleach" or some other crazy shit like many voices saying the different names at the same time
    -You choose more the "progress" part of the factory, in my mind, I went more with the "consumption" part, as in his "hunger" was so much that even his own ideals were consumed, he himself was also assimilated as part of the machine, leaving only ghosts, echoes of his old ideals. The madness was the key part of my idea. He was already kinda mad when meeting Cailleach for the second time, so much so that even the godess was afraid of him and cried in terror while she was devoured(like Aldrich from DS3), her curse simply made it more apparent afterwards.
    -The NP is similar, but also different. I imagined something like his whole factory is already inside him (like a reality marble), while his body itself is no more than a lifeless husk, as the factory consumed all it had in him. The NP would manifest as "tentacles" controling the dead body as a puppet, and reaching out grabing and consuming everything like a steampunk Lovecraftian horror. I even thought of using distortion effects (like that one Armstrong sheet) and may other things to make it truly convey the feeling of madness.
    Glad you liked my sheet. I'm proud to hear that given it was of course inspired by your initial idea. For Cailleach, I knew she's usually depicted as a fearsome hag but she was sometimes said to take the form of a young woman too, and given she was trying to sweet-talk the young James into contracting with her I thought it'd make more sense she'd appear in a less "scary" form. I did describe her distorting into the more traditional hag form at the end when she's not bothering to keep up an act any longer. Your body-horroresque take on his NP (a Reality Marble hollowing out his own body) sounds cool, but for me it probably would've been overdoing it given I already fused him with his most famous creation the Watt Engine. Interesting to hear our different angles in any case.

Blog Entries
    Servant Rider Lily:

Appearance:

True Name: James Watt

Alignment: Neutral Good

Alternate Classes: Caster, Beast

Strength- E
    Agility- D
    Endurance- D-
    Mana- E
    Luck- C++
    NP- D++

Personality
    A somewhat timid and introspective child, totally unlike the boisterous figure of his adult self. His sicknesses make Rider disarmingly frank about the reality of death, both his own and others. Rider fully accepts that he's a fleeting existence fated to someday disappear from this world, and merely strives to live as best he can before that end comes. He hesitates to form close bonds with others, for fear of leaving them behind when he dies.

Rider enjoys fresh air and the outdoors, being nostalgic for the sprawling fields and hills of his beloved Scotland. However his frail body means he can't spend as much time in them as he'd like, resulting in some mixed feelings. Other than that he mainly favors intellectual hobbies like reading and tinkering with machines.

Speaking of machines, when it comes to them Rider's initial shyness is totally blown away and he shows a fragment of his more energetic persona as an adult. He's a full-blown "machine otaku" who loves everything to do with machines, especially steam-powered ones. When Rider encounters a new machine he'll drop everything to excitedly inquire how it works and won't be satisfied until he receives an answer. Needless to say, in modern times where machines are commonplace he'd be virtually like a kid in a candy store.

Rider dreams of creating his own machines, ones that will change the world and make people's lives better, but as of yet he isn't entirely sure how to go about doing that. Summoned in the present era, he ignites an interest in mecha anime and manga, and will likely try to tailor some of his inventions after the figures from such stories. Rider even becomes fond of reciting lines from them, like shouting "my drill will be the drill that pierces the heavens!" during battle. Surprising maturity aside, he is still a kid after all.

Rider is also passionate about Scottish mythology. He'd be overjoyed to meet other Heroic Spirits from his homeland in the Grail War. As someone who had a close relationship with his mother in life, who often tutored and let him stay home from school when his illnesses acted up, Rider would get along well with Masters who have motherly and big sister-type personalities. Even if he's a little embarrassed at being "babied" openly.

Rider's wish on the Holy Grail is to be cured of his ill health and incarnate anew in the World so he may dedicate himself fully to his inventions.

Likes: scenic countryside, Scottish mythology, tinkering with machines, a kind mother figure, mecha anime/manga
    Dislikes: his weak health, being scolded for "idleness" when he's actually thinking about machines, unsatisfying answers
    Talent: invention
    Natural Enemy: Tiamat, his Beast self

Class Skills:

Riding- E++
    The ability to ride animals and handle vehicles. A frail child who had no experience riding anything in life, Watt is afforded only a paltry rank in this Skill by virtue of his Class. However when operating any form of steam-powered vehicle, his prowess unexpectedly surges to that of an A-rank. This is because what he actually "rides" isn't any particular mount but "mankind's progress towards the shining future" itself.

Magic Resistance- E+
    Confers protection against magical effects. At this rank, it doesn't negate magic at all but merely reduces the damage somewhat. Rider's contribution to the Industrial Revolution heralded a large-scale erosion in mystery as mankind invested their faith in technology instead of the arcane, normally giving him a somewhat higher rank. However, this incarnation of Rider has yet to witness those results bear fruit yet. As such he only obtains a measly shred of resistance through his spiritual container. Due to his familiarity with it, this Skill gains a + modifier while defending against forms of Magecraft from Rider's native Scotland.

Personal Skills:

Ear For Folklores- C+
    A variant of the Eye For Art Skill that indicates one's fascination with various myths and legends. In Rider's case it's his native Scottish mythology, which infatuated him ever since childhood. As a boy Rider largely ignored studying history or classics, but eagerly immersed himself in the legends of his home country.

Upon witnessing Heroic Spirits or Noble Phantasms rooted in his birthplace's mythos and culture-sphere, Rider has a high chance of intuiting their true name.

Conceptual Improvement- D+
    The special right and unfair advantage of improving any tool, from any time or place. A sword becomes sharper, a bow becomes stronger, an axe becomes heavier, etc. While this version of Rider has yet to perform the innovation he's most famous for, he possesses this Skill thanks to the anecdote where he was inspired to create his titular engine by watching the rising steam in a kettle when he was a child.

Even lacking the formal skill of his later years Rider's eyes are constantly darting, taking in every detail of his surroundings and zeroing in on any potential spots for improvement. Upon encountering a machine he's never seen before it would take Rider a few hours of study to fully understand it and a day to produce a model prototype in a superior form.

Truly a natural-born prodigy, who excels at taking the inventions of others and catapulting them to their fullest potential.

Weak Constitution- C
    Connotes a weakness struck from the nature of ill health. A case where the perceptions of people in the future affect the existence of the Heroic Spirit, akin to the Innocent Monster Skill. Provides a modest chance of a sudden drop to Rider's physical stats during any strenuous action.

Rider was a notoriously frail and sickly child in his early life, whose frequent illnesses left him often confined indoors. Instead of cursing that fate, he took the opportunity to bury himself in studying his beloved machines, though Rider still sometimes missed the idyllic fields and mountains around his childhood home.

Dream Of The Stars- D
    An adolescent form of the Pioneer Of The Stars Skill, given to one who will someday become a turning point in human history. Later in life Rider's research will revolutionize the field of steam-power, but right now that future exists only as a "possibility" for him, a distant glimmer in the horizon he's yet to reach. He is but an innocent young boy tinkering with machines, heedless of any consequences for good or ill. As a foretelling of his future discovery, Rider's Luck stat is significantly boosted while undertaking tasks deemed "outrageous" or "impossible".

Noble Phantasm
    Watt Engine Proto
    Foreshadowing Of Future Genius

Type: Undefined

According to a certain legend of Rider's childhood, he would often sit and observe a kettle boiling over, the steam pushing up the lid as it rose. This allegedly inspired his insight into the concept of latent heat and subsequent invention of the titular Watt Engine, a revolutionary new motor that came to define the course of human history. The exact details of this story are disputed, and it's sometimes written off as a mere forgery created to exemplify Rider's genius in an easily digestible form, akin to the fable of Newton's Apple. Nevertheless it's undoubted that Rider tinkered with steam on numerous occasions in his youth, and that curiosity drove his discoveries later in life.

That fact- along with Rider's peculiar summoning in his younger state- is enough to sublimate this anecdote to the level of his Noble Phantasm. It takes the form of a small tank Rider can summon that resembles a teakettle with treads attached, and various whirring gears affixed all along the surface, giving it a gaudy steampunk appearance. Rather than the true Watt Engine he created later in life, this Noble Phantasm is the prototype that dwelt in Rider's own imagination. A "fantasy-engine" born from that child's innocent infatuation with the concept of steam-power, fittingly given form through a Servant who exists as the embodiment of youthful "dreams" and "potential".

Rider can pilot the "kettle-tank" either from within a small hatch or command it remotely via thought alone. Its primary forms of attack are ramming into enemies, though this is rather clumsy and can easily result in the tank simply flipping over instead, and by spraying jets of scalding-hot steam. On its own this is actually a rather weak Noble Phantasm, closer to an overgrown children's toy than a proper weapon, though Rider can put it to work defending himself in a pinch. However this Noble Phantasm's true power lies in its status as a symbol of Rider's future innovations.

What began as a young boy's mere flight of fancy, sprouted into a grand engine that propelled the entire Industrial Revolution from its infancy. As such this Noble Phantasm crystallizes the concept of "limitless growth" itself. Unlike most Noble Phantasms, which encapsulate the Servant's "pinnacle legend", Watt Engine Proto is the product of Rider's "incomplete potential"- yet to fully realize and thus able to take any shape he envisions. As such Rider can use his Conceptual Improvement Skill to modify this Noble Phantasm, adding new features and weapons that strike his inspiration. For instance, missiles, rocket-boosted treads, flight-capability, etc. Rider is a voracious quick learner and will likely adapt this Noble Phantasm to match the technology level of the era he's summoned into.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So now that I've done a regular Watt and a super-edgy Beast version of him I decided to write a Lily one as well. Child Da Vinci's Dream Of The Stars Skill was super fitting for him, and partially helped inspire this sheet. As usual comments and critiques would be appreciated. Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by RoydGolden; April 25th, 2023 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Fleshed out personality

Darkened Misty Metropolis Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alright, it's that time once again; the next 50-page milestone. Let me know if there's any errors that need to be fixed. Within the next few days, I'll post my top 10 favorites of this milestone as a way of making up for my absence.

Pages 50 to 100
    Ancient Mesopotamia
    Archer – Ashurbanipal by doncosaco

Arabic Mythology and History
    Assassin – Harun al-Rashid ibn Muhammad al-Mahdi by NMR-3
    Assassin – Hassan of Demonic Eyes by Cursed by Fortuna
    Assassin – The Unseen Hassan by Hawkeye
    Caster – Abd al-Rahman al-Sufi by Kamerad

Britain
    Alter Ego – John Tenniel by Vance
    Alter Ego – Mad Hatter (Frederick Liddell) by DracoFay
    Archer – Marian Loxley by King of Braves
    Assassin – Peter Pan by Cataquack Warrior
    Assassin – Robin Hood by BnEl15
    Beast VI – James Watt by RoydGolden
    Berserker – “Alice Liddell”/Lewis Carrol by RoydGolden
    Berserker – Big Brother by RoydGolden
    Berserker – Macbeth by King of Braves
    Caster – Peter Pan by Cataquack Warrior
    Caster – Rosamund Clifford by BnEl15
    Foreigner – Percy Fawcett by RoydGolden
    Lancer – Lamorak by BoktaiMoon
    Rider - James Watt by RoydGolden
    Rider – Peter Pan by Cataquack Warrior
    Rider – William Adelin by BnEl15
    Saber – Ben Jonson by BnEl15
    Saber – Brunor le Noir by Vance
    Saber – Peter Pan by Cataquack Warrior

China
    Archer – Zhou Tong by BnEl15
    Berserker – Golden Horned King & Silver Horned King by King of Padoru
    Berserker – Liu Pengli by BnEl15
    Caster – Li Shaojun by the god of world-0
    Caster – Meng Po by BnEl15
    Ruler – Fu Hao by Lady Vanatos

Christianity and Judaism
    Archer – Jonathan by BnEl15
    Assassin – Delilah by RoydGolden
    Berserker – Judah by TentuaRedRad
    Berserker – Samson by RoydGolden
    Caster – Judas Iscariot by BoktaiMoon
    Caster – Raphael by NittyGritty
    Lancer – Gabriel by RoydGolden
    Lancer – Phinehas by RoydGolden
    Rider – Black Rider/Famine by Kamerad
    Ruler – Abaddon by the god of world-0
    Saber – Judah by SSW
    Saver – Jeshua ben Joseph by Hawkeye
    Saver – Jesus by Kamerad
    Shielder – Esther by King of Braves
    Saver – Maria by King of Padoru

Egypt
    Archer – Khufu by Hiraeth
    Caster – Imhotep by King of Braves

France
    Archer – Ro-Sham-Bo by Perry Ellis.
    Berserker – Roland by Hound of Ulster
    Foreigner – Antoine de Saint Expurey by RoydGolden
    Foreigner – Leopold II by Perry Ellis.
    Lancer – Alexandre Eiffel by Perry Ellis.
    Ruler/Avenger – Louis IX by Kamerad
    Saber – Eleanor of Aquitaine by BnEl15
    Saber – Julia d’Aubigny by King of Padoru

Germany and Germanic Peoples
    Assassin – Adele Spitzeder by asterism42
    Assassin – Johann Adam Weishaupt by BnEl15
    Avenger – Wilhelm II by massive_jojo_reference
    Berserker – Endymion by BoktaiMoon
    Berserker – Karl Marx by Elecrom
    Berserker – Teutobod by BoktaiMoon
    Berserker – Thiess of Kaltenbrun by RoydGolden
    Caster – Donar by Kabalisto Koga
    Caster – Franz Anton Mesmer by BnEl15
    Caster – Siegfried Guntherson by BoktaiMoon
    Foreigner – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (Lily) by DelRey
    Rider – Brunhilde by BoktaiMoon
    Rider – Georg Wilhelm Steller by Kabalisto Koga
    Saber – Alberich by BoktaiMoon
    Saber – Dietrich von Bern by Hound of Ulster
    Saber – Sir Daniel by Bugs

Greek Mythology and History
    Ancient Giant/Ruler – Porphyrion by BoktaiMoon
    Archer – Artemis V (Orion) (Lostbelt) by Wyvern
    Archer – Meleager by Cursed by Fortuna
    Assassin – Antenor by RoydGolden
    Assassin – Autolycus by Hound of Ulster
    Assassin – Harpies (Polyphonte/Agrius/Oreius) by BoktaiMoon
    Assassin – Philoctetes by The Fair Tyrant
    Assassin – Orestes by BnEl15
    Assassin – Timoclea by RoydGolden
    Berserker – Agave by the god of world-0
    Berserker – Ares VII (Quetzalcoatl) (Lostbelt) by Wyvern
    Berserker – Charybdis by Vance
    Berserker – Nemean Lion/Cybele by Cataquack Warrior
    Caster – Alcestis by BoktaiMoon
    Caster – Aeschylus by RoydGolden
    Caster – Daedalus by LeadDemon
    Caster – Sappho by RoydGolden
    Grand Berserker – Herakles-Vajrapani by ItsaRandomUsername
    Gunner – Hephaestus III (Sigurd) (Lostbelt) by Wyvern
    Lancer – Damasen by BoktaiMoon
    Rider – Aphrodite X (Astarte=Inanna) (Lostbelt) by Wyvern
    Rider – Geryon by BoktaiMoon
    Rider – Pytheas of Massalia by RoydGolden
    Rider – Hebe by BoktaiMoon
    Saber – Lityerses by Cursed by Fortuna
    Saber – Oedipus by SSW
    Saber – Troilus by SSW

India
    Rider – Indrajit by Hound of Ulster
    Ruler – Mumtaz Mahal by the god of world-0

Ireland
    Saber – Cu Chulainn by Hound of Ulster
    Saber – Tethra by kiwi

Japan
    Archer – Ariwara no Narihara by WhiteFrenzy
    Assassin – Daisuke Nishina by the god of world-0
    Archer – Yaegiri by BoktaiMoon
    Assassin – Ishiwaka Goemon by Skull
    Assassin – Tenjo no Usagi by Vance
    Berserker – Hiruko/Ebisu by BoktaiMoon
    Berserker – Ono no Komachi by WhiteFrenzy
    Caster – Dazai Osamu by heianayylien
    Caster – Ukemochi-no-Kami (Summer) by King of Padoru
    Caster – Kaguyahime by RoydGolden
    Foreigner – Antoku by RoydGolden
    Lancer – Hata no Kawakatsu by the god of world-0
    Lancer – Kato Kiyomasa by Cursed by Fortuna
    Lancer – Myorin by the god of world-0
    Rider – Katsu Kaishuu by BnEl15
    Ruler – Saitou Hajime by Master of Chaos
    Saber – Kagetsuna Katakura by heianayylien
    Saber – Nakozawa Koto by Vance
    Saber – Sasaki Rui by Vance
    Saber – “Tachibana Muneshige”/Tachibana Ginchiyo by Cursed by Fortuna
    Saber – Yasuke by BoktaiMoon

Maritime South-East Asia
    Avenger – Mahsuri by RoydGolden
    Caster – Pramodhawardhani by Kamerad
    Lancer – Dapunta Hyang by Kamerad
    Saber – Ken Arok by BnEl15

Middle East
    Assassin – Mithridates VI by doncosaco
    Assassin – Simoon by the god of world-0
    Rider – Hanno the Navigator by BnEl15

Netherlands
    Caster – Hieronymous Bosch by Kamerad
    Rider – The Flying Dutchman by Cursed by Fortuna

North & Central America
    Alter Ego – John Bunyan by NittyGritty
    Alter Ego – Nameless Patriot by RoydGolden
    Archer – Abraham Lincoln by King of Braves
    Archer – Mason Locke Weems/”George Washington” by NittyGritty
    Assassin – Frances Glessner Lee by BnEl15
    Assassin – Rose Mackenberg by Vance
    Caster – Joseph Smith (Alter) by Legendary Hero of the Chain
    Foreign Archer – Florence Foster Jenkins by DelRey
    Foreigner – Howard Phillips Lovecraft by Morg van Dester
    Rider – Emily Elizabeth Dickinson by Sunny
    Rider – Ichabod Crane and Abraham Van Brunt by King of Braves
    Saber – Abraham Lincoln by massive_jojo_reference

Persia
    Gatekeeper – Spenta Mainyu by Chuck12
    Rider – Kay Kawus by Kabalisto Koga
    Rider – Rostam by Cursed by Fortuna

Polynesia
    Gatekeeper - Ka'ahupahau & Kahi'uka by RoydGolden

Portugal
    Saber – Pedro I by Spartacus

Post-Classical Italy
    Caster – Gerbert of Aurillac & Meridiana by NittyGritty
    Caster – Guglielmo Giovanni Maria Marconi by NittyGritty
    Faker – Francesco Melzi by Vance

Roman Mythology and History
    Assassin – Locusta by Cursed by Fortuna
    Assassin – Locusta by RoydGolden
    Caster – Marcus Licinius Crassus by King of Padoru
    Caster – Remus by Hound Of Ulster
    Rider – Hannibal Barca by Skull

Scandinavia
    Alter Ego – Jenny Lind by Vance
    Avenger – Jormungandr by Justicar Hux
    Berserker – “Freyja”/Thor by alexcoene
    Berserker – The Mother by Vance
    Lancer – Höðr by Kamerad
    Shielder – Lagertha by RoydGolden

The Slavs and Caucasia
    Archer – Dobrynya Nikitich by Perry Ellis.
    Assassin – Count Dracula by Elecrom
    Avenger – Vladimir Komaróv by King of Padoru
    Berserker – The Viking of Stamford Bridge by RoydGolden
    Caster – Grigori Rasputin by King of Braves
    Lancer – Tugarin by Sunny
    Lancer – Vasilisa the Beautiful by RoydGolden
    Rider – Catherine the Great by King of Braves
    Rider – Ilya Muromets by Hound of Ulster
    Rider – Ilya Muromets by NittyGritty
    Rider – Marie Curie by Vance
    Rider – Wotjek by Cursed by Fortuna
    Saber – Herodias by Vance
    Saber – Vladimir the Great by Perry Ellis
    Saber – Ilya Muromets by RoydGolden

Spain
    Archer – Catalina de Aragon by King of Braves
    Assassin – Francisco Pizarro by SSW
    Avenger – Sinan Reis by RoydGolden
    Lancer – Fierabras by NittyGritty

Sub-Saharan Africa
    Gatekeeper – Abre du Tenere by Kabalisto Koga

Uncategorized Others
    Caster – Ogmios by RoydGolden
    Foreigner – Genesis by NittyGritty
    Saber – Justice by Morg van Destro

Nasuverse
    Assassin – Shirou Emiya by Morg van Destro
    Lancer – KOTOMINE by Morg van Destro
    Rider – MATOU by Morg van Destro

Edit: Also, thank you to DelRey for helping me get this ready before I posted it.
    Last edited by Lambda-Nu; January 4th, 2021 at 02:12 AM.
    The joys of being a Mommy

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    Rider "John" Watt should really be James. Other than that I can't find any errors. Congrats on all your hard work Lambda!

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Vance's Avatar

True Name: Jean de L'Ours
    Class: Rider
    Alt. Class: Lancer, Berserker
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Source: French Folklore
    Armament: Cane Staff
    Region: France

Parameters:
    Strength: B+
    Endurance: B+
    Agility: B
    Mana: C
    Luck: C

Class Skills

Magic Resistance B
    The skill that denotes the ability to resist magic effects. At this rank, one can cancel spells with only up to two verses.

He has encountered much in the way of the magical from meeting a witch, or fairy, to defeating a shapeshifter, and multiple phantasmal beasts, and even venturing into the underworld.

Riding A+
    A skill conveying the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. All vehicles and all creatures up to the level of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast can be used as mounts. However, that does not apply to members of the Dragon Kind.

Rider had ridden a Roc as a means of escape from the underworld.

Personal Skills

Apex Predator (False) B
    A skill that crystallizes one's existence as being considered one of the strongest predators around.

Rider was born as a human though he was raised by a bear in the earliest stages of his life. As such, he has the qualities that are made synonymous with the idea of such a creature along with a sort of charismatic aura. This resulted in the "+" attribute in his Strength and Endurance parameters.

Witch's Supporting Medicine A
    A jar of ointment that Rider received within a castle well from a witch living in its depths.

It is surprisingly effective. A near panacea that can cure most manner of wounds from flayed skin to broken bones.

Instinct B
    The ability to instantly identify “the best personal course of action” during combat. Because this Skill allows for the prediction of trajectory, it is possible to avoid attacks from firearms.

Predatory Instincts brought about by his upbringing; it is strong enough to allow him to be overcome being ambushed by a shapeshifting giant.

Noble Phantasms

The Roc: Mountainous Sky Herald
    Type: Anti-Army

The mount of Rider has been bonded to him after his escape from the underworld. It is a monstrous beast that is nearing the threshold of becoming a phantasmal beast, though it is quite inferior to the likes of other legendary avian creatures like the Garuda and Simurgh. Despite this, it is quite strong as due to its enormous size, its attacks, from claw strikes to beats of its wings, can be considered A-rank. However, the downsides are that keeping it manifested takes a bit of upkeep, which can be mitigated by constant feeding due to a special quirk, and the sheer size of the bird.

L'acier, l'argent et l'or: Distinguished Proofs of Heroism
    Type: Anti-Self

The three, one steel, one silver, and one gold, balls obtained by Riders from the three princesses he had saved from the castles he entered. In his life, they acted as the proof that he was the one to accomplish the task of saving the princesses, and now, as a noble phantasm, they will continue that role. A singular ball can be fused into the cane that Rider uses as his weapon to give it a property that affects Rider, with each ball applying a different property. The steel ball allows Rider to have the effect of Battle Continuation, the silver ball gives the effects of Mystery Slayer, and the gold ball gives the effect of Golden Rule. Multiple balls can be infused into cane at the cost of lowering the effect of the individual properties that are given.

Personality

An earnest boy who's coming into his own maturity as a human. He is quite honest about his feelings but not quite intelligent due to the naivete he shows at times. Differing from other incarnations, he is more willing to be merciful though that does not mean he isn't willing to whack you over the head if you act against him again.

Creator's Note: Been keeping this shelved under my other sheets. It was a bit troubling just simple this character is but making a sheet was a bit lengthy in the time it took.
    Last edited by Vance; January 4th, 2021 at 02:42 AM.

Blog Entries
    ... another Servant sheet, another dead end.

A question to those technically inclined: can a Berserker invoke a Reality Marble, or something resembling one, like Ramesseum Tentyris or even something relatively simple(?) like Nero's Domus Aurea? Or would a sufficiently high Madness Enhancement get in the way, due to the invoker's reason and speech being turned to mush?

(Of course there's FGO's millions of workarounds around Herakles-type Madness Enhancement for story purposes (I remember those Lu Bu and Darius interludes and they were... ugh...), but if you're not so lucky, what then?
    Noob here. Sorry about that.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
    ... another Servant sheet, another dead end.

A question to those technically inclined: can a Berserker invoke a Reality Marble, or something resembling one, like Ramesseum Tentyris or even something relatively simple(?) like Nero's Domus Aurea? Or would a sufficiently high Madness Enhancement get in the way, due to the invoker's reason and speech being turned to mush?

(Of course there's FGO's millions of workarounds around Herakles-type Madness Enhancement for story purposes (I remember those Lu Bu and Darius interludes and they were... ugh...), but if you're not so lucky, what then?
    Asterios and his Labyrinth.

Lord Barthomeloi
    Blog Entries
    It depends on the rank of Mad Enhancement, and how it meshes with the character.
    Normally, Mad Enhancement robs you of increasingly high amounts of your sanity, to the extent that B-rank or higher renders you an incoherent mess (or renders you Kingprotea). Asterios manages to get away with coherent speech because he was born a monster, he was, in a human sense, "insane" from the very start, so it's normal for him.
    Essentially, a high rank of it without special cases will make Reality Marbles unusable because all sense of reasoning is disintegrated.
    If the case is special, then it's anyone's game.

Blog Entries
    There's also the possibility that even if he can't invoke it on his own, he can be "coaxed" to by use of a Command Seal, sorta' like I used for my Percy Fawcett.

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 08:27 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Why do people go into hypotheticals when you have an actual example of Asterios that you can find in FGO Mats 2? Seriously, it's not that hard to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Asterios Mats from FGO Mats 2 by Clyton
    Khaos Labyrinthos: The Eternally Unchanging Labyrinth
    Classification: Labyrinth Noble Phantasm
    Range: 0
    Maximum Number of Targets: 14 people

Khaos Labyrinthos (Chaos Labyrinth). The materialization of the Labyrinth where Asterios was confined in. A Great Magecraft exceedingly similar to a Reality Marble, it was created in the Underside of the World. Asterios merely has to reminiscence “the place he once lived in”, and once it manifests after, it takes form with a difficulty level that complies with the popularity of the concept called the “Labyrinth”.

After it manifests, it will not disappear unless either Asterios is defeated or Asterios has annihilated his opponents. Even once it disappears, it is possible to rebuild it again when some time passes. However, in doing so, if it is not a labyrinth different from the previous installment, one can probably just downright walk out of it there and then. Because once the labyrinth is solved, it is no longer something where one can lose their way from.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    As a side note, Reality Marbles are not made from distorted mindsets or whatever nonsense you're saying. They're just magecraft gained by aping the Common Senses of devils and how they work.
    Last edited by AAM1232; January 4th, 2021 at 08:45 PM.

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 08:27 PM.

Darkened Misty Metropolis Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed by Fortuna View Post
    Okay to dencostruct all this mess.
    5) Final point here. I want to reach out to Royd and DelRay and King of Pandoru with a question. Does the website have ways to Ban people from a thread? Because if I recall this is not the first time this guy has gone and done something like this, I recall distinctly he may have been the one who had started a whole mess about the whole Daemons naming convention and has generally been in my perception both rude and has overall I feel made this community not as hospitable as it could be to new people.

One of the things I personally love about this thread is both the creativity, the sense of being able to spread your creations for others to see and judge, and to see new people find and sometimes fall in love with the Type-Moon Franchise. As of late some talented new people like King of Braves and Tabris among others have made some very high quality servant sheets and I feel happy seeing other people be able to participate in the community and seeing other new talented creators join. Consequently I am unsure if people who would drive off new voices by means of look down on them for not having an encyclopedic knowledge of the franchise like they do and are very rude towards others for using a term that they don't feel is accurate (which fair enough if you don't but don't mean about it), should be welcome on a thread like this as I am uncertain on what positive influence they can offer compared to the negative environment they cultivate.
    To be honest, I agree with you on this. He was the one who started that mess with Daemons' naming convention and, to be honest, he's overall a rude, condescending, elitist prick. If it is possible for a user to be banned from a thread, I second this motion.
    The joys of being a Mommy

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

i really did only one servant these last fifty pages eh? wild

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Only two from me...disappointing.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    Why do people go into hypotheticals when you have an actual example of Asterios that you can find in FGO Mats 2? Seriously, it's not that hard to find.
    I thought of Asterios' circumstances, but as others have pointed out, Asterios is a half-human and half-bull who lived out his days as a monster, though not otherwise hostile to humanity, whereas the Berserker I'm making a sheet for was once a human with a very human mindset whose ideals (namely, unchallenged exercise of power over a land of peace) he could not realize in life due to a capricious and contradictory personality who demanded much and gave not even acknowledgment in return.

Furthermore, the (pseudo-)Reality Marble I've been trying to get a hold of would require a lot more moving parts than the mere walls of a labyrinth with just Asterios in it; before I had to start over from scratch due to the absurdity of a thoroughly maddened Servant having the wits to maintain it at all, I had in mind something like Ozy's Tentyris, Nightingale Pledge (not a Reality Marble, admittedly, but its use as a zone of enforced peace I had to crib a bit), and the Neverland NP from the Caster Peter Pan sheet posted earlier in this thread mixed together.

So my apologies, then, for not stating in full the fruits (or the fruitlessness, rather, if you care to twist it in) of my research, I guess?
    Noob here. Sorry about that.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    SNIP
    1) Shouldn't you at least point them to actual sources for them to read? Creative help can come later once Tabris has an idea of how Nasu and co have tackled this idea.

2) Asterios has a Great Magecraft that is close to a Reality Marble, you would know this if you had read what I posted. Something Tabris asked for in his question.

3) You can Google this, something that really isn't as confusing as you make it out to be. Or at the very least use my first post and look it up.

4) Shirou gets a boost because of his Origin and Alignment both being Sword, as stated in Theory of Magic. That is why he has the base for UBW, which still takes him roughly 20 years to manifest without any Archer help. TM Wiki is not a great place to go for this considering the flawed nature of combining actual statements with headcanon in its explanations of certain terms. You're better off using TMDict or such sources listed in the citations rather than what they write. This was just recently brought up in the Questions thread at around page 7460 to 7461 where RMs were briefly discussed.

5) How is it condescending to want people to look things up when answering a query or clarifying details? Especially given the pervasive nature of certain fanon like Daemons that are fundamentally flawed yet still keep being brought up as if they were legitimate.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought of Asterios' circumstances, but as others have pointed out, Asterios is a half-human and half-bull who lived out his days as a monster, though not otherwise hostile to humanity, whereas the Berserker I'm making a sheet for was once a human with a very human mindset whose ideals (namely, unchallenged exercise of power over a land of peace) he could not realize in life due to a capricious and contradictory personality who demanded much and gave not even acknowledgment in return.

Furthermore, the (pseudo-)Reality Marble I've been trying to get a hold of would require a lot more moving parts than the mere walls of a labyrinth with just Asterios in it; before I had to start over from scratch due to the absurdity of a thoroughly maddened Servant having the wits to maintain it at all, I had in mind something like Ozy's Tentyris, Nightingale Pledge (not a Reality Marble, admittedly, but its use as a zone of enforced peace I had to crib a bit), and the Neverland NP from the Caster Peter Pan sheet posted earlier in this thread mixed together.

So my apologies, then, for not stating in full the fruits (or the fruitlessness, rather, if you care to twist it in) of my research, I guess?
    I don't blame you for anything. You asked a question and I gave an answer to it, what you do with that is up to you.

Asterios uses a Great Magecraft with simple activations that then remains until certain conditions are met. He should be a fine example of what you seem to be looking for, where you can just change motivations and some of the mechanisms if you want something close to a Reality Marble. And he makes the actual Labyrinth, with the whole shebang rather than just walls. While it's not exactly that accurate, you could look up the Turas Realta manga for images as inspiration.

Fundamentally to have a Reality Marble one must become capable of expressing their inner worlds outside. So if you can figure out how your Servant does that, then it should be fine, regardless of how sane they are.

Blog Entries
    Final point here. I want to reach out to Royd and DelRay and King of Pandoru with a question. Does the website have ways to Ban people from a thread? Because if I recall this is not the first time this guy has gone and done something like this, I recall distinctly he may have been the one who had started a whole mess about the whole Daemons naming convention and has generally been in my perception both rude and has overall I feel made this community not as hospitable as it could be to new people.

One of the things I personally love about this thread is both the creativity, the sense of being able to spread your creations for others to see and judge, and to see new people find and sometimes fall in love with the Type-Moon Franchise. As of late some talented new people like King of Braves and Tabris among others have made some very high quality servant sheets and I feel happy seeing other people be able to participate in the community and seeing other new talented creators join. Consequently I am unsure if people who would drive off new voices by means of look down on them for not having an encyclopedic knowledge of the franchise like they do and are very rude towards others for using a term that they don't feel is accurate (which fair enough if you don't but don't mean about it), should be welcome on a thread like this as I am uncertain on what positive influence they can offer compared to the negative environment they cultivate.
    Far as I know there's no way to ban people from a specific thread. And anyways AAM never really bothered me that much so I think that sort of reaction is a little overkill. Sure he was a little pedantic over the Daemon/Demon thing, but nothing that'd warrant being kicked off the thread entirely. Especially since he's actually posted Servant sheets (pretty good ones even) here in the past, so he has as much right to be here as anybody.

Also, no offense but if we're talking about rudeness, I feel like openly calling someone a negative influence and speculating if they should be banned would qualify as such. This is really the kind of thing that should be handled over PM, rather than clogging the discussion with personal bickering.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Vance's Avatar
    I made more sheets than I expected of myself so that's enough for a pat on the back.