Page 120 of 620 FirstFirst ... 2070110115118119120121122125130170220 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,400 of 12385

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    ...Well, that was depressing
    I believe my first thought was the same for Assassin Halifax, being "I wonder what the other class is like?" Unlike that however, instead of "I don't want it to be a wraith", it was "Making a normal Servant just wouldn't be as interesting as Foreigner." Literally two seconds later, this is the conclusion I came to.

There's probably something deeply concerning that can be gleaned from that.

It's also the most out-there of my sheets, so I'm looking for opinions.
    Last edited by Morg van Destro; February 25th, 2021 at 04:14 AM.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well that is something, one of the four apocalyptic riders (i suppose) kills Ritsuka. Making it just a NP as it's kit makes sense and altering the sheet grants it a certain vibe i appreciate.
    Hux made the scenic approach on sheets popular and i like it.

I guess Mash is just chillin'

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    I guess Mash is just chillin'
    I felt Mash freaking out the whole time might take away from the contrast between the perspectives, so I just kinda sent her somewhere else.

So, who's gonna tell her Senpai has met an unfortunate fate?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Morg : okay thats truly terryfying i must say , About the skill section does it remind on the servat profiie i showed you ,also does it remind me Abit on my Rider Lycantrope servant i had the idea which is based on the Werewolf Mania of europe .

beside i think i send this Ritsuka my Hippocrates and Hades Maybe they can save and cure him .

and a not bad profile per se aside the you know .
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Lord Barthomeloi
    Blog Entries
    Hoh, I'm glad to see I've inspired a new Dalek paradigm.

I quite like what you've done with it. Something that is appropriately incapable of being called a true "Servant", hijacking any summoning ritual, and turning the Master into a vector for a disturbing disease.
    The abnormal formatting and complete dissolution of the traditional existence of Skills completely works with the choice to make the sheet as much a horror story as it is a sheet.
    Kino.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Assassin of the Shimizu Port
    "Heh, for a kid like you to summon the yakuza... you've got guts, I give you that. The name's Jirocho Shimizu, First Chairman and Patriarch of the Shimizu Family. Fancy workin' with you, Oyabun. Eh? You don't want the title? You're a weird kid, y'know that? Anyway, guess I'll have to get used to that..."

Source

2nd Ascension

3rd Ascension

"An Assassin... hmph, that's fine by me. No matter the era, we yakuza have always been known to be the ones to take care of the unruly businesses. To look out for the little folks when no one else would. After all, you owe all your riches and reputation to them, for shaping you into the man you are now. I wonder if the modern yakuza still has that sense of honor..."

Class: Assassin
    Other Classes: Berserker
    True Name: Jirocho Shimizu
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Origin: Japan (19th century)

Parameters:

STR: B
    END: C
    AGI: D
    MGI: E
    LCK: B
    NP: C

Likes: His hometown, traditional dishes, gambling, alcohol, giving back to society
    Dislikes: Those without "honor", discrimination, war, poverty, his younger self
    Talent: Organizing backroom deals, blackmail, extortion
    Natural Enemy: His successors, the Shinsengumi, Al Capone
    Armament: Fists, katana, revolver
    Catalyst: An old katana gifted to him by the Tokugawa Shogunate

Class Skills
    Presence Concealment (C+)

The capacity to hide one's presence as a Servant. Suitable for spying. While Assassin is well-versed in both street-fighting and underground dealings, he does not have any personal feat relating to assassination, which resulted in this Skill's subpar rank. However, due to the effects of his second Noble Phantasm, its rank does not decrease even when attacking.

Personal Skills
    Charisma of the Oyabun (C)

The ability to rule an entire region from the shadows as a yakuza boss (oyabun). Known as "Father of the modern Yakuza", Assassin ruled the port of Shimizu (now part of the Shizuoka prefecture) for decades through a mix of humanitarian efforts, political maneuvers, economic developments, and if necessary, backroom deals and coercion. Others will be more easily drawn to him thanks to his charm, while those who disagree with him will experience a growing sense of discomfort and unease until they conform to his will. A mental fortification Skill of the same rank or higher is required to resist these effects.

Demonic Defender of the State (B)

The capacity of a Servant to mark a region as his personal dominion by securing the surrounding leylines prior to an engagement. A crystallization of Assassin's post-war restoration efforts in Shimizu following the Meiji Restoration. This Skill permits the reinforcement of Assassin's, combat capabilities when fighting in his territory, strengthening his parameters by one rank, increasing the effectiveness of his other Skills, and granting him a minor healing factor by absorbing mana from the leylines he secured.

Money, Power, and Connections (A)

The three essential pillars of the yakuza, a crystallization of Assassin's rise to power, and how he maintained his position. Even after supposedly swearing off his life as an outlaw, he still engaged in numerous clandestine operations. These acts resulted in several close calls for his businesses and reputation, underground and legitimate alike. However, he always managed to avoid these consequences thanks to his immense wealth, the power he held over the region, and the connections he formed with highly influential members of society. A composite Skill that easily allows Assassin to amass power and avoid negative consequences of his actions. Consists of Golden Rule (C), Proof of Friendship (B), Information Erasure (B), Subversive Activities (C),and End of the Spider's Thread (D).

Noble Phantasm(s)
    Finger Mutilation - Penance to the Oyabun
    Yubitosome

"Y'know, I'm not usually one for barbaric punishments such as these, but someone's gotta learn. My trust ain't cheap, and for you to disappoint me... well, I reckon you know the consequences already."

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: -
    Max Targets: 1

The traditional yakuza practice of cutting one's own finger with a knife as penance to the oyabun for debt or disobedience. For a first offense, the left little finger is removed up to the knuckle and presented to the oyabun. A portion of the ring finger is removed for the second offense, followed by the middle finger, and finally, the index finger. For the next transgression, the culprit moves to the next joint of the little finger, then the ring finger, and so on. In a sense, this Noble Phantasm does not truly belong to Assassin due to how the practice had originated since before his time. Nonetheless, Assassin possesses this Noble Phantasm due to his powerful association to the concept of "yakuza" itself.

It is said that this punishment is done to restrict the offender's movements and ensure they can never rebel or go against the oyabun again. With each severed finger, it becomes increasingly more difficult for them to wield their weapons. This concept manifests as a Noble Phantasm usable only on those who had "betrayed" Assassin in some way or another. Upon its activation, this Noble Phantasm seals any weapon-based Noble Phantasm belonging to the target, locking them out of its full potential. At the same time, a sharp yet minor pain would regularly pulse through the target's body. With every "repeated offense", the pain would double, eventually reaching a state where the pain would be unbearable, and even moving would be difficult. Due to the conceptual nature of this Noble Phantasm, the pain is entirely somatic in nature, meaning that it originates entirely from the target's mind, without any physical symptoms. This means that while it technically does not affect the target's combat capabilities, it is effectively incurable until Assassin himself wills it, unless one possesses the ability to temporarily "suppress their own mind" and/or shrug off immense amounts of pain. This Noble Phantasm is only usable on those who had proclaimed themselves as Assassin's ally (becoming "a part of his organization", in a sense), and while its actual activation conditions can be quite broad (the mere act of disagreeing with the oyabun can be perceived as "betrayal"), Assassin prefers to use it only for the gravest of offenses out of his sense of honor and desire to differentiate himself from "common thugs who immediately resort to violence".

Tranquil Demon of Shimizu
    Tokai Yukyoden

"The pistol is cold and emotionless. The katana is devoid of hate. That is how I enforce my will. That said, those rare moments where I really get to cut loose? Heheh... Oh, I'm going to enjoy this."

Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    Range: -
    Max Targets: 1

"The pistol is cold. The pistol is a mechanism. There is no personification in it, - this is how the gangsters convey the words of Jirocho. - And the sword is an extension of the human hand, human flesh, and I can," the yakuza quote the saying of their progenitor, "convey the entire depth of hatred towards the enemy when the blade of my sword pierces his body, plunging the hand-sword into the body of the enemy - at this point in the retelling of the words of the yakuza, they usually roll their eyes in ecstasy - then there is no greater pleasure to say: "Shinde moraimasu", that is, "I ask you to die."

- Jirocho Shimizu
    A crystallization of Assassin's philosophy as a yakuza, as well as his violent nature hidden underneath his image as a shrewd oyabun. Each strike is delivered brutally yet emotionlessly, devoid of hate. Only when the enemy is close to death will he relish in his ecstasy and unleash the full brunt of his hatred towards them.

Based on this philosophy, this constantly active Noble Phantasm heavily suppresses Assassin's presence and killing intent, even when fighting the toughest enemies. This lack of presence and killing intent, in turn, makes him unpredictable. The enemy is left constantly guessing where the next attack may come from, unable to discern Assassin's thoughts and movements. This Noble Phantasm's true power activates once the enemy is sufficiently injured, at which Assassin would release his killing intent in a manner similar to Mana Burst with each strike, reinforcing the power behind each strike and instilling a deep sense of fear within the target. In game terms, it can be said that this Noble Phantasm "guarantees all hits to be critical hits the moment the target falls below a certain hp threshold". Assassin normally considers this Noble Phantasm too "savage" for his tastes, but he's not above cutting loose and enjoying himself every now and then, whenever the opportunity presents itself.

Description
    Assassin's True Name is Shimizu Jirocho, a Bakumatsu-era yakuza leader (Oyabun), businessman, politician, and folk hero.

Despite his supposedly terrifying reputation and intimidating figure, Assassin conducts himself in a manner very much unlike your stereotypical gangster. While he can be stern and intimidating, most of the time he's carefree, fatherly, and down to earth. Upon being summoned, he quickly took an interest in modern culture, curious to know how much society had changed during his absence. Along the way, he picked up several new hobbies such as karaoke, board games, and barbecue. All in all, he's less of a scary mobster and more like your typical tacky, suburbian dad. Of course, there is a reason for this. According to him, compared to balancing between the yakuza, politics, and economy, his life as a Servant is much simpler and easier. Thus, he treats his summoning as a well-deserved vacation of sorts, where he can truly kick back and enjoy life. Occasionally, he may even joke about how he just "can't catch a break" whenever he is forced to fight.

In more serious situations, Assassin prides himself more on his image as a "businessman" rather than a yakuza. He prefers to solve things through negotations and diplomacy (even if he occasionally has to... "arrange some deals" from behind the scenes to get his way) rather than resorting to brute force. He claims that this should be an essential skill for the yakuza, to differentiate them from common thugs. In truth, this behavior stems from the shame he felt towards his younger self, "a self-centered, muscle-brained idiot who spent every day looking for trouble, constantly trying to solve everything with his fists alone". That said, it's not like he completely rejects this aspect of himself. Rather, as he grew older, he just learned to restrain himself and channel his rage in a more productive way. Occasionally, this younger, more ruthless side of him may resurface in combat, revealing the soul of a hardened brawler underneath the "cold and calculating" Oyabun.

As a leader, Assassin can truly be called "a father to his men". He treats his subordinates as his own children and follows old-fashioned yakuza values such as honor and chivalry. That said, while one cannot deny his capabilities as a leader, the same sense of honor may work against him in some cases. Occasionally, he can be extremely headstrong in insisting that he knows his subordinates best, akin to an overbearing parent. In other cases, he may be too eager to throw away his own life for the sake of anyone he genuinely cares about, determined that "a parent should never outlive their child". When these flaws are pointed out to him, he would sincerely apologize and remark about committing seppuku to atone for his mistakes (no one knows how serious he actually is with this remark). In a way, perhaps this shows that no matter how much he tries to "take it easy", he still hasn't fully gotten used to his new life.

Assassin does not have any specific wish for the Grail. In life, his greatest wish had been to give back to the society that had accepted him, something he accomplished by revitalizing the entire Shimizu area following the Meiji Restoration. It was also his way to atone for his involvement in the war. Now lacking any specific purpose in mind, he simply made it his duty to "protect those who cannot protect themselves", the same way he saved numerous war-torn families through his revitalization projects back then.

Lore
    Jirocho Shimizu (1820-1893) was a legendary yakuza, businessman, politician, and folk hero of Japan. In the late 19th century he dominated the port of Shimizu and two main Routes - Tokaido and Nakasendo which connect the two ancient capitals, Kyoto and Edo. While he was initially famous for his status as a crime boss, in his later years, he also became known for the humanitarian, political, and economic developments he instigated.

Jirocho was born as the second son to a poor boat owner who worked along the Tomoe River on February 14, 1820. There was a superstition that children born on the first day of the Lunar New Year will either become great heroes or wicked villains. His parents did not want to take the risk and gave him up for adoption. The young Jirocho was adopted by his own uncle, a rice merchant by the name of Jirohachi Yamamoto. While he spent his childhood helping his uncle, he soon developed a reputation as a local delinquent, oftentimes getting himself involved in brawls and minor crimes. At the age of 15, Jirocho asked his uncle Jirohachi for permission to go to Edo (now Tokyo), but was refused, and then he stole money from Jirohachi and fled. According to rumors, the real reason for his escape to Edo was because Jirocho killed a man who asked him to give back the money he had borrowed, and threw his body into the river.

After the death of his uncle in 1835, Jirocho returned to manage his uncle's shop. While he had some talent in business and management, his gambling hobby constantly held him back. In March 1842 at night, while drunk and returning home from gambling, some thieves accosted him and Jirocho vowed to never be an easy target to thugs again. In June 1842 he fought with a gambler and murdered him in cold blood. This was the start of his yakuza career. While he expanded his uncle's business by day, by night, he continued to indulge in gambling, alcohol, and brawling. As a yakuza, he continued to expand his influence over the years. He traveled various prefectures and learned from businessmen and gangsters alike. Eventually, he established his base of operations in the port of Shimizu, Shizuoka. It was at around this time that yakuza gangs started to proliferate in Japan. Jirocho himself was involved in several gang wars against rival organizations, but with the force of six hundred men, his group always managed to emerge victorious. At this point, Jirocho was known as both a brutal yakuza as well as the generous owner of the most successful rice store within his home province. His decision to not involve civilians in his conflicts also earned him their respect.

The Meiji Restoration was a major turning point in Jirocho's life. Both the Tokugawa Shogunate and the revolutionary army sought help from the yakuza, due to their numbers and military prowess. Jirocho's organization benefited greatly from this. For a time, Jirocho served as a bodyguard to the last Shogun, Tokugawa Yoshinobu. The Shogun awarded him with a custom-made katana, an extraordinary honor that peasants could not normally obtain, much less a yakuza. When the shogunate fell, Jirocho's influence and his support towards revolutionary forces allowed him to retain his influence. As a gesture of gratitude, the newly-established government pardoned him of all his crimes and he was granted a position within the government. He transformed from outlaw to an enforcer of public security. He worked closely with fellow politician and revolutionary Yamaoka Tesshu in maintaining order within the port of Shimizu. Tesshu often resorted to Jirocho's services when it was necessary to pacify minor revolts or peasants who were outraged by unfair taxes. While there are many stories regarding Jirocho's ruthlessness in this period, there are also anecdotes on how he minimized violence and utilized loopholes within the government to instead relocate these peasants and develop infrastructures to help them escape poverty.

Despite having a legitimate position, Jirocho still continued his yakuza operations. However, he became shrewd enough to settle disputes without casualties. Oftentimes, he also poured his wealth towards numerous post-war restoration projects to develop the community and help charities. He restored temples, built schools, expanded trade routes, and so on, turning Shimizu into one of Japan's most developed economic hubs following the Restoration. Backed by the people's approval and his connections to prominent members of the government, he was able to continue his yakuza operations unopposed for decades.

In his later years, Jirocho retired from the yakuza life after appointing a successor and devoted himself fully to his modernization and philanthropy projects. His adopted son wrote his biography, Tokai Yukyoden, and published it in 1884. Jirocho died of a cold at the age of 73 in 1893. Thousands attended his funeral to pay their respects, thankful for his efforts to restore the city. Unfortunately, Jirocho's successors tarnished his legacy. Without his leadership, the organization soon fell to internal dispute and its fragments became nothing more than a group of violent thugs. Eventually, the Shimizu family was dissolved by its fifth leader, Kingo Tanabe, in 1961. Tanabe wrote in his book "At the very least, I don’t want to hand the (Shimizu family) crest over to a gangster organization that frightens decent people.” That said, the people continued to remember the yakuza named Jirocho Shimizu as a generous entrepreneur and Robin Hood-like figure who fought the strong and protected the weak.

Relationships
    Hijikata Toshizo:
    "Hoo boy, the demon vice-commander is as scary as ever. Now, now, don't look at me like that! I played both sides so I can always come out on top! But more importantly, I just want the fighting to stop. Thousands dying for the sake of one guy who barely even leaves his chambers... don't you think that's just a tad bit unfair?"

Sakamoto Ryoma:
    "So you're the legendary Hero of Restoration... I read about you on the papers back then. Ah, if only we got the chance to meet then... I'd surely send some extra muscle to serve a good cause like yours."

Oichi:
    "When you wage a war, the Shogun and his ministers won't be the first to suffer. Rather, it's average people like you who would lose the most from it. That's why I refused to give up then. I may be a yakuza, but even I have lines I won't cross, and people I want to protect."

Katsu Kaishuu:
    "In your hands, the warship Kanrin Maru became a vessel for peace and modernization... impressive. Truly, at the end of the day, there's no such thing as Shogunate army or Revolution army. We're all people deep down. I think it's amazing how far you went to prove that."

Robin Hood:
    "Huh, nice to know that there are still people looking out for the little guys out there. Your King, Shogun, Emperor, or whatever won't always care for you, and when those times come, someone should rise up when nobody else can."

Al Capone:
    "So is this what the western mafia is all about? Don't get me wrong, I won't object to fame and fortune myself, but there's gotta be a deeper purpose to your actions. I used my fame and fortune to give back to the society who supported my business, while you antagonized your own buyers for even more money. As a businessman, I say that's a terrible business plan, but as a person... you're scum."

Elizabeth Bathory, Nero Claudius:
    "Oyabun, er, I mean Master! Those girls challenged me to karaoke the other day, so I went there and showed them the what-for! They totally- Eh? What's with the concerned look? I'm totally fine, y'see!"

Khutulun:
    "Heh, not bad, not bad at all! I just barely managed to beat you, but it's not every day I get to fully let loose like this! Care to have a rematch some other time? Just the thought of it is enough to get my blood pumping!"

Shuten Douji:
    "Whoa, to think the legendary oni herself is here! Some people called me an oni back then, but I never thought I'd ever meet the real deal! Anyway, gimme your finest cup of booze, please! It's been a while since I last got myself completely wasted, but I think I should get a well deserved drink after a life well-lived!"

Creator's Notes/Fun Facts
    - As many of my previous sheets, the inspiration for this one came through pure happenstance. After watching this crime drama, I just happened to wonder who the first yakuza was, and after some research, well... apparently Jirocho isn't the first. The organization has been around for much longer, with ties to ronins, bandits, and displaced peasants during the Edo period (1603-1868), and it's not even clear who first came up with the name. Nonetheless, Jirocho was one of the most successful among them all; many considered him to be "father of the modern yakuza", and he may even be the basis for the "noble yakuza" trope you see in fiction nowadays. Similarly, I just can't resist the Kazuma Kiryu FC for the same reason.

- His younger form can be summoned as a Berserker, a testament to his more violent youth. While he's more eager to rush into fights compared to his older version, he's just too rowdy and impulsive, making it hard for him to get along with any Master.

- Jirocho is one of those brutal, fistfighting Assassins who qualifies for the class with the logic of "you won't have any witnesses if you just beat all of them to submission"... Okay, just kidding, it's mainly his connection to the yakuza. Still, though, aside from the effects of his second NP, he's not all that good at sneaking around, and he works better as a brawler, proven by his relatively high STR parameter.

- Regarding that quote to Elizabeth and Nero, well... either he's completely tone deaf to the point of being immune to their voices, or he's even worse at karaoke compared to the two of them combined. And yes, his karaoke hobby is another reference to the Yakuza series. I wonder if that series granted him some sort of minor Innocent Monster upon being summoned...

- Aside from his wikipedia page, my sources on him came from here. Seriously, it's amazing to see that more than a century after his death, many of his favorite places are still up and running, like his favorite restaurant, candy shop, and the inn he managed once. His yakuza status aside, the guy really left a positive mark on his hometown.
    Last edited by BnEl15; March 19th, 2023 at 10:43 AM.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Vance's Avatar
    Goddammit, I love this guy. Great sheet, BnEl15.

Blog Entries
    Shimizu Jirocho: a quite good servant though i hav to wonder after the Father of Police servant from Royd one Yakuza Legend .Coincidence ?

Interesting concept though what are the effects of the Proof of Friendship or End of the Spider THread actually ? and as every Japanese servant make me wonder what would he say to the founder of Japan (my) Jimmu ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    Shimizu Jirocho: a quite good servant though i hav to wonder after the Father of Police servant from Royd one Yakuza Legend .Coincidence ?

Interesting concept though what are the effects of the Proof of Friendship or End of the Spider THread actually ? and as every Japanese servant make me wonder what would he say to the founder of Japan (my) Jimmu ?
    Huh, yeah, I guess it's a coincidence, as I just read about this guy yesterday and thought he'd make an interesting Servant. According to the mats, Proof of Friendship makes it easier for the user to pacify others' fighting intent and make peaceful negotiations possible, while End of the Spider's Thread denotes "one's ability to create evil schemes". The rank is low since despite being a crime boss, Jirocho never made any elaborate evil schemes compared to say, Moriarty who has it at rank EX. Regarding his relationship to Jimmu, he respects him as a fellow leader, but he remains mildly distrustful towards authority figures due to how the Meiji government just asked him to "deal" with the impoverished peasants with no regard for his methods.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Jirocho entering Chaldea like

No obvious Li shuwen relationship, smh

Great and fun sheet. good work as always

Blog Entries
    Ah yes, good point, I was originally going to include a line towards Caster Gil and Li Shuwen about them having a much feistier, battle-hungry youth which they're mildly embarrassed about now. That said, unlike Li who spent his life honing a specific martial art, Jirocho just stuck to his classic street-fighting style, using a mix of his brute strength, environment, and some dirty tactics to his advantage (okay, he really does sound like Kiryu now). A clash between them would still be interesting to see, though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    Huh, yeah, I guess it's a coincidence, as I just read about this guy yesterday and thought he'd make an interesting Servant. According to the mats, Proof of Friendship makes it easier for the user to pacify others' fighting intent and make peaceful negotiations possible, while End of the Spider's Thread denotes "one's ability to create evil schemes". The rank is low since despite being a crime boss, Jirocho never made any elaborate evil schemes compared to say, Moriarty who has it at rank EX. Regarding his relationship to Jimmu, he respects him as a fellow leader, but he remains mildly distrustful towards authority figures due to how the Meiji government just asked him to "deal" with the impoverished peasants with no regard for his methods.
    Thanks for the Explanation and i think this coincidence is just one of These Little funny Things if you know what i mean .

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    Morg : okay thats truly terryfying i must say , About the skill section does it remind on the servat profiie i showed you
    beside i think i send this Ritsuka my Hippocrates and Hades Maybe they can save and cure him .
    The comparison did cross my mind, but yours has more than enough going for it to differentiate it.
    I considered Hippocrates but decided having Asclepius would be enough than enough, especially considering Hippocrates would have no means of aiding a person who was already dead. On Hades, There's really nothing he could do either. If anyone could do anything, it would be Irisviel, but they don't realize he's trapped in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Justiciar Hux View Post
    Hoh, I'm glad to see I've inspired a new Dalek paradigm.

I quite like what you've done with it. Something that is appropriately incapable of being called a true "Servant", hijacking any summoning ritual, and turning the Master into a vector for a disturbing disease.
    The abnormal formatting and complete dissolution of the traditional existence of Skills completely works with the choice to make the sheet as much a horror story as it is a sheet.
    Kino.
    Soon, we will exterminate The Doctor mediocrity from sheets.

Parameters and Skills were basically meaningless in this case, but I didn't want a basically barren post that masqueraded as a sheet, so I thought corruption was a good route to go. Enhances the feel of "This should not be happening." They were originally much more sparse in presentation, but expanding on his perspective felt more interesting.

Jirocho Shimizu: Man, i should play Yakuza. Pop quiz, everyone! Will Jirocho appear in Golden Kamuy? The answer may surprise you.
    Frankly, this guy's great but kinda sad. Everything he built became exactly what he didn't want it to. At least people still remember him for all the good he did.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Servant Rider:

Appearance:

Source

True Name: Henry V

Alignment: Lawful Evil

Alternate Classes: Saber, Alter-Ego

Equipment: Sword and shield.

Strength- C+
    Agility- C
    Endurance- C
    Mana- D
    Luck- B
    NP- A

Personality
    Unshakably polite, charismatic and pious. An individual who conducts himself as the embodiment of a Christian knight and king without exposing a speck of unsightliness. However there is a "distortion" embedded deep within Rider's psyche that all his gentlemanly demeanor only obscures. He truly feels little emotion other than the lust for power which drives him towards more and greater military victories. A shrewd and scheming man who can act the part of a perfect king but cares for no one other than himself and will gladly toss even his friends aside once they no longer serve his glory, all the while being totally convinced his actions are "right".

Dislikes: tennis balls, anything that tarnishes his glory
    Talents: waging foreign wars, observing others, being the "perfect king" (false)
    Natural Enemy: Charles VI

Class Skills:

Riding- B
    The ability to ride animals and handle vehicles. At this rank most mundane mounts can be handled at an above average degree of skill.

Magic Resistance- D
    Confers protection against magical effects. At this rank only Single-Action spells are nullified. Magic Resistance equivalent in degree to an amulet that nullifies magical energy.

Personal Skills:

Guilty Angel- C
    A "positive" version of Innocent Monster held by those whose legends were distorted to be more heroic than they actually were. Due to the
    propaganda
    influence
    of a certain famous playwright Rider greatly resembles the portrait of an ideal Christian king, obscuring his powermongering true nature. This Skill warps Rider's appearance to be far more handsome than he was in life and gives him a "holy" aura that elevates his Charisma. He also obtains the Skill Mana Burst (Light) at rank C, a variant normally held only by holy knights, saints and kings.

Charisma- B+
    The talent of a leader, including one's natural charm as well as the ability to command armies in battle. At this rank, it's suitable for the king of a country.

Rider was one of the most famous and beloved kings in his nation's history, earning the widespread adulation of its people through his many glorious victories. The play penned about him by William Shakespeare further propelled Rider's popularity, depicting him as the very ideal and model of a Christian king pious and just in his every action. This results in Rider obtaining almost the highest level of Charisma, to the point where no matter what questionable deeds he commits others will feel instinctively compelled to rationalize they must've been for a higher cause.

Human Observation- C+
    A technique to observe and understand people. At higher ranks it is not merely 'observation' but the capacity to hypothesize the whole livelihoods and preferences of people one has just met.

Wishing to learn more about the psychology of the people he would one day rule, Rider spent his youthful years in the company of criminals and vagrants. He keenly studied their every habit and vulgar phrase like one would learn a foreign language, learning to perfectly blend in amongst them. Even though Rider truly cared nothing for his disreputable "companions", and mercilessly discarded them upon rising to power. Rider applied this same insight into observing and manipulating the human heart as king, becoming the "perfect ruler" all his subjects could project their desires upon. In other words, the ability to be "something to everyone".

As a Skill this allows Rider to read the desires and mental states of those around him. It's especially effective for uncovering tawdry and base desires such as greed, lechery, drunkenness and so on, due to Rider's greatest familiarity with them. Upon ascertaining a person's psychology state Rider may tailor his own demeanor to match, earning their trust. A hollow vessel known as the "ideal king" who fulfills the desires and expectations of all his people--- such is the mode of existence Rider falsely conforms to.

Mental Pollution- C
    A twisted mentality that affords protection from mental interference based Magecraft, at the cost of making it difficult to empathize or come to an understanding with others. Rider is not outwardly deranged, but his understanding of what others have to say is limited by the mindset that "He himself is always correct in all actions". In Rider's mind, whatever actions he undertakes; whether they be waging wars of conquest, executing prisoners, or betraying his friends, are always and unquestionably just.

Not for nothing was he called a "very amiable monster" by the literary critic William Hazlitt.

Military Tactics- C
    Tactical instinctive ability used not for one-on-one combat, but on a battlefield where many are mobilized. Grants bonuses to using one's own Anti-Army Noble Phantasm, or defending against another's Anti-Army Noble Phantasm. Rider was a famed English king known for his military exploits during the Hundred Years War, the most well-known of which was his victory at Agincourt.

Noble Phantasms
    Prince Hal
    As The Sun Sinks Beneath Clouds Shall I Conceal My Radiance From This World

Type: Support

A Noble Phantasm born from the infamous exploits of Rider's early life. Supposedly squandering his inheritance as prince to indulge in drinking and idleness with Falstaff and other disreputable friends. However this apparent indolence was actually a calculated act on Rider's part to conceal his true potential until he could claim the throne.

Named after Rider's childhood nickname symbolizing that phase of his life, this Noble Phantasm allows Rider to repress his immense "potential" and masquerade himself as a normal human. Any hints of his radiance as a Heroic Spirit are thoroughly obscured and he appears to be no more than a drunken layabout prince. Upon activating this Noble Phantasm all of Rider's stats are reduced to E- rank and his Skills except Human Observation are sealed. In turn he gains a powerful Espionage Skill that lets him go undetected by enemies.

Rider can freely cancel this disguise at will, reclaiming his former splendor at once. This Noble Phantasm is ideal for getting close to enemies who don't suspect anything before attacking.

Famine, Sword And Fire
    Cry Havoc, And Loose The Dogs Of War

Type: Anti-Army

The three allegorical hounds that were described as baying at Rider's heels in the play "Henry V", exemplifying his warlike nature. By invoking this Noble Phantasm Rider can call upon any of the hounds as his personal familiar. Each hound is a mid-ranked Phantasmal Beast with its own unique appearance and abilities, which are enumerated below as follows:

Famine: A scrawny, horribly emaciated black hound that practically resembles tatters of skin draped over bones. The beast's most distinctive feature is its oversized maw lined that appears wildly disproportionate to the rest of its body when fully open, and lined with row after row of crooked razor-sharp teeth. This hound's unique ability is being able to "devour" magical energy. Its mouth is a veritable black-hole that greedily sucks up any Mana enclosed by its jaws, capable of nullifying weaker spells by swallowing them whole.

Sword: A sleek silvery-white hound that upon closer inspection, is actually formed of countless interlocked blades. Its "pelt", teeth and claws are all deadly swords, making the beast a "living weapon". This hound has the most simple and brutal style of fighting, flinging itself into enemy ranks while slashing, biting and gouging with its bladed body.

Fire: A hound made of living fire, giving it a crimson-red appearance. Its main forms of attack are ramming enemies with a burning-hot tackle and spewing gouts of flame from its mouth. This beast also has the Skill Insatiable at rank B, regaining Mana and strengthening itself in proportion to how many resources it burns.

Rider can theoretically summon all three hounds at once, but that'd heavily tax his Mana and hence be only done as a last resort. When one of the beasts is killed Rider is unable to utilize it for the remainder of the Grail War.

Battle At Agincourt
    Glorious Victory To The Rotten King

Type: Anti-Army, Reality Marble

Rider's final Noble Phantasm, representing his greatest feat of military conquest. Seizing the major city of Agincourt from France at great numerical disadvantage, crippling the French nation for a time and starting a new era in which Henry V married the French king's daughter.

A Reality Marble reenacting that most famous of battles, giving form to the fields of Agincourt for the opponent(s) and Rider to fight in. Unlike popular presentation, Henry's victory had little to do with great bravery or military prowess, but rather because of the thick mud which the heavily armored French had to slog through and where the English, with their swift horses and lighter armor possessed the natural advantage. It was said that many of the French knights become overcome with fatigue before ever engaging the enemy, and some of them even drowned in their helmets once knocked to the ground.

Within the Reality Marble is a seemingly endless field of knee-deep mud, hemmed in by impenetrable walls of trees on either side and beset with pounding rain and dark grey skies. Rather than an honorable battleground, it is a dismal place of despair and massacre, akin to Hell itself. Here Rider can call upon the full power of the English army, bringing them forth from the mud as earthen ghouls that pour forth in an unending stream, on foot and on horseback. Though individually weak, their numbers are virtually limitless, for once cut down they'll simply reform from the muck. Additionally, the mud lowers by one rank the Agility of any Servant forced to walk in it (except for Rider himself). If the Servant has a horse or something else that lets them not directly touch the ground, they can bypass this aspect.

So anyone familiar with my posting history will probably recognize this as a remake of my old Henry V Servant way back on the first thread. I was fairly satisfied with his personality and NP but after reading more about the guy later I came across other ideas I wanted to integrate into the sheet. Finally I got the inspiration to do an updated version of him. As usual comments and critiques would be appreciated. Thanks for reading y'all!

Blog Entries
    Do we, as creators, perhaps use Reality Marbles too much despite the fact they're supposed to be rare?

Random thought after reading Henry V

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Morg van Destro View Post
    Do we, as creators, perhaps use Reality Marbles too much despite the fact they're supposed to be rare?

Well, personally I don't think I use them that often. Of the last ten sheets I've written only two (this guy and Enepsigos, who I'd say more than qualifies for one) have had Reality Marbles. And of course there's no rule that says we can only write "common" Servants as opposed to focusing one's eye on "unique" ones.

Blog Entries

I think that amongst Living human Mages it is really rare but Magical Beings like Ancestors , Gods ,Dead Apostles or other phantasmals are a other Thing i would say .

Blog Entries
    "It is the manifestation of the user's one-and-only self
    Properly speaking, reality marbles are only supposed to be used by elementals and devils, but given enough time it is possible for some advanced practitioners to complete a sorcery to give shape to their personal imagined world and create a reality marble of their own.
    Of course, if anything that isn't an extension of nature like an elemental creates an alien world, the world itself will crush it. As a result, the upkeep of a reality marble requires a vast amount of energy, and most individuals are only capable of using one for a few minutes at a time.
    Most of the 27 Dead Apostle Ancestors are capable of using reality marbles."
    I suppose rarity isn't the issue.

I think it came to mind because I don't feel this NP reflects Henry's inner self, or "one-and-only self" as Tsukihime Dokuhon PlusPeriod puts it. What does this tell us about Henry? How does this represent him? You even said in the description that the victory this Reality Marble is based off had little to actually do with Henry's actions or strategy, basically making the victory a stroke of luck. You also say this doesn't represent Henry, because it doesn't, but his "greatest feat of military conquest", which we've already established was due in very little part to him. Basically, I feel this one fails as a Reality Marble due to only representing an event in the wielder's life rather than reflecting their true self, and it has me wondering if that sort of thing is a trend for other people's RMs as well.

Also, with how it's described, it's greater in power than Iskander's due to a limitless army added with extra effects due to the terrain, but is somehow ranked lower.
    Ah, wait. I see.
    "the EX Rank of the ability comes from the fact that it is the consecutive summoning of multiple independent Servants"
    Last edited by Morg van Destro; February 25th, 2021 at 10:11 PM.

Blog Entries
    "It is the manifestation of the user's one-and-only self
    Properly speaking, reality marbles are only supposed to be used by elementals and devils, but given enough time it is possible for some advanced practitioners to complete a sorcery to give shape to their personal imagined world and create a reality marble of their own.
    Of course, if anything that isn't an extension of nature like an elemental creates an alien world, the world itself will crush it. As a result, the upkeep of a reality marble requires a vast amount of energy, and most individuals are only capable of using one for a few minutes at a time.
    Most of the 27 Dead Apostle Ancestors are capable of using reality marbles."
    I suppose rarity isn't the issue.

I think it came to mind because I don't feel this NP reflects Henry's inner self, or "one-and-only self" as Tsukihime Dokuhon PlusPeriod puts it. What does this tell us about Henry? How does this represent him? You even said in the description that the victory this Reality Marble is based off had little to actually do with Henry's actions or strategy, basically making the victory a stroke of luck. You also say this doesn't represent Henry, because it doesn't, but his "greatest feat of military conquest", which we've already established was due in very little part to him. Basically, I feel this one fails as a Reality Marble due to only representing an event in the wielder's life rather than reflecting their true self, and it has me wondering if that sort of thing is a trend for other people's RMs as well.

Also, with how it's described, it's greater in power than Iskander's due to a limitless army added with extra effects due to the terrain, but is somehow ranked lower.
    Ah, wait. I see.
    "the EX Rank of the ability comes from the fact that it is the consecutive summoning of multiple independent Servants"
    That's actually a fair point. I considered it was a case like Iskandar's where his RM was something he gained from his legend rather than one he had in life, but you're right Iskandar's NP reflects far more of his mentality than just an "army-summon". In Henry's case I guess I could spin it as representing his ruthless ambition in using any means at hand to secure his glory (hence the mud dragging enemies down), but it is a bit of a stretch and lacks an obvious connection to his personality. I doubt I'll get rid of it since I wanted to give him an NP based on the Battle of Agincourt and a Reality Marble seemed the best fit for that, plus I liked the way I worked in the mud aspect to set it apart from other army-summons, but you do have a point.

And yeah, his is lower-ranked than Isk's because the army is just mud-ghouls instead of true Heroic Spirits. It's good for wearing enemies down but one strong Anti-Army attack is gonna' blow right through it.

Blog Entries
    I get it. A bounded field that temporarily morphed the terrain and created mud-golems just wouldn't have the same feel. I was more interested in reasoning than change, and you gave that, so I'm more than satisfied.