Page 121 of 620 FirstFirst ... 2171111116119120121122123126131171221 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,420 of 12385

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well when we are already nitpicking. I think sometimes we use too many NP for a Servant. I tend to do 2 NP, but I usually do Foreigners and I think mostly 1 for the Servant and 1 related to the entity. When I saw 3 I raised a brow. I really like the sheet, dont get me wrong and the NP are all pretty interesting.
    The 2nd should stay, I really like it. Regarding the third with the previous discussion, I would tinker with it that the mud comes from himself and that is how it connects to the inner world, showing the dark aspect of him. Like a much weaker version of Tiamat.
    Regarding the first I personally would have integrated that aspect into Human Observation and make a new version of it, that shows that he can observe and use what he observed to adapt to the situation. Basically something like an acting skill, that is ranked high enough to act like he isnt a Servant. Perhaps even a reference to the play he was in. But I feel like this could work better perhaps in his Alter-Ego version, that is i guess more focussed on his play-persona, but is more aware of it and uses that to embody an 'actor' like he partly was in life.

And thanks for the Guilty Angel skill, I dont know if i have someone to use it, but i will remember it, because it fills a hole in the Innocent Monster skill that annoyed me.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    Well when we are already nitpicking. I think sometimes we use too many NP for a Servant. I tend to do 2 NP, but I usually do Foreigners and I think mostly 1 for the Servant and 1 related to the entity. When I saw 3 I raised a brow. I really like the sheet, dont get me wrong and the NP are all pretty interesting.
    The 2nd should stay, I really like it. Regarding the third with the previous discussion, I would tinker with it that the mud comes from himself and that is how it connects to the inner world, showing the dark aspect of him. Like a much weaker version of Tiamat.
    Regarding the first I personally would have integrated that aspect into Human Observation and make a new version of it, that shows that he can observe and use what he observed to adapt to the situation. Basically something like an acting skill, that is ranked high enough to act like he isnt a Servant. Perhaps even a reference to the play he was in. But I feel like this could work better perhaps in his Alter-Ego version, that is i guess more focussed on his play-persona, but is more aware of it and uses that to embody an 'actor' like he partly was in life.

And thanks for the Guilty Angel skill, I dont know if i have someone to use it, but i will remember it, because it fills a hole in the Innocent Monster skill that annoyed me.
    Rider is the Class basically meant to have "all the NPs", so I think that's fair enough.

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 08:33 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed by Fortuna View Post
    Foreigner (Ritsuka):

I actually really like this sheet, it's a neat take on a servant sheet in that rather than being about the servant and their abilities it's primarily focussed on telling a story with it. The idea of having Ritsuka like this and seeing everyone's reactions, yet him/her not being able to effectively communicate that they are fully aware of things is incredibly chilling. Seeing da Vinci and the others being so completely pragmatic about the situation with Goredolf actually having to tell them off for so casually writing off the guy who saved the world as doomed (especially when he/she is still "alive" to some extent [almost akin to a ghoul, but with his mind intact] although not that anyone probably knows that) is really powerful.
    I've spent too much time in my life thinking about and laughing at this gif.
    When I came started going for more story than sheet, I didn't realize until after it was finished how far I had gone. This sheet was actually more experimental in terms of story than I was originally aiming for. In my mind, it was destined for far stranger reactions than what I got, but I'm happy it got praise. Might not be my favorite Servant I've made (Hali's gonna be a hard one for me to beat), but it's certainly contesting the spot on storyline alone.

I can respect that view on parameters and such and I don't mind it, I can also get gearing the ranking towards the amount of effects or the relative effectiveness of it in terms of altering the outcome of a fight or such. I apologize if that seemed overly critical of me on the parameter thing, I'm well aware that generally how I do things isn't the only, let alone the best way of writing servants so I generally refrain from making comment on that aspect. Generally I try and focus on the ideas of the servant, creativity, their personality, and such over what rank the parameters or NPs are given as I feel being those generally are more important than anything else.
    There's no best way to judge these sorts of things, and we all have our methods. Nothing you said seemed overly critical, nor would anything you had actually said really gotten to me. I said it on the contest thread, but I'm the type that likes having things laid out, whether by me or the person I'm talking to. The reasoning behind the things people do fascinates me, so I like to find out about it as much as I can. It's one of the reasons I personally love Shirou so much.

Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Fixing Engrish, clarifying things

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I can respect that view on parameters and such and I don't mind it, I can also get gearing the ranking towards the amount of effects or the relative effectiveness of it in terms of altering the outcome of a fight or such. I apologize if that seemed overly critical of me on the parameter thing, I'm well aware that generally how I do things isn't the only, let alone the best way of writing servants so I generally refrain from making comment on that aspect. Generally I try and focus on the ideas of the servant, creativity, their personality, and such over what rank the parameters or NPs are given as I feel being those generally are more important than anything else.

Technically I suppose that would make sense, but Nasu’s lore doesn’t always make sense (Gilgamesh being “the first hero” when logically people like Cain, King Hassan, and some pharaohs of Egypt predate him [despite originally dating him around 3000 BC modern scholars and sources generally agree it’s far more likely his rule would have been around 2600 BC, making some figures like the Yellow emperor [~2700-2599 BCE], Menses the 1st pharaoh of the 1st dynasty of Egypt [who is quite possibly the figure identified in the Namer tablet, circa 3200-3000 BCE], and some kings of Mesopotamia as actually being older than the “1st hero” {and also throwing a bit of a logical snag to the already confusing rule that all Noble phantasm have to originate from things from the Gate of Babylon, as if those things predate Gilgamesh that either means the treasury of Babylon was bing filled and built long before his rule or that whatever those rulers used must have only been Divine constructs as those may bypass that rule}]. Technically you are right on the bit about Ra / Re / Atem in certain time periods, but that really depends on the time you are talking about. Before Ra / Re / Aten was considered the original god it was said that Ptah actually shaped the world from the formless chaos and some beings and gods were said to predate creation and simply have always existed to some degree.

Neith is a very complicated story and first I must make a note here it depends on the source, however some sources cite that some deities go back to maybe as far back as 6000 BCE (which I mistakenly cited as 5000 BCE in a prior post which I have since corrected) and Neith seems to have been an important figure from the very beginning. It’s debatable at what role Neith may have served in the most ancient version of egpytian myth, however some cite her as a possible fertility deity corresponding with Tannit and similar if not linked to Astarte and Ishtar and (her original name may have been Mehet-Weret meaning great flood). She also was called Nit, Net or Neit which roughly all mean “The Terrifying One” likely referring to her role as a war goddess.

If I had to take a guess at her role in the ancient egpytain myths (and putting my knowledge of geographic processes and cultural history it’s possible she may have been at this point a goddess who represented the seasonal flooding of the nile, which would wash nutrient rich sediments downstream which formed the fertile soil upon which they could farm, but also may have represented the possibility of occasional sudden more large scale or unseasonal floods (which would make sense as historically her cult centered around Sais [where her worship was always strong] in the Nile Delta and if we presume that that location of her worship was roughly the same even to the earliest periods of Egyptian worship this may make sense)
    given her name and association with fertility and by proxy life (however by all means this is just my take on the situation and I am far from an expert in this field).

Over time however this view began to evolve and Neith became more than that, she became a goddess of war associated with the bow by the time of the early dynamic period, but also at some point became a wise leader and a settler of disputes between gods and men (which may have originated from Athena or some precursor goddess to athena’s myths (a theory supported by some considering Athena to have been based on a earlier Minoan Goddess who may have been based on an even earlier African deity and referring to Athena as a Greek version of Neith) dessinating into Egyptian culture or it may have been she was simply given these attributes over time). For some reason (possibly a missiterpreation of her hieroglyph of a bow and arrows as a loom, possibly a decision to redefine her as a diety given other gods began to assimilate aspects of war and battle, or some other reason her myth was changed again.

Now Neith was no longer a goddess of war who mediated disputes between the gods and men (she was said to be the one to decide that Horus rather than Set would rule Egypt when nobody else could decide) and was partly responsible for the of the process of preparing, watching over, and/or sending deceased to the afterlife between the gods and was said to be present at the creation or just after the world’s creation. Now she was Neith the weaver of creation, a goddess connected to the waters and who dwelled in the primordial waters before creation (possibly self-generated / self-created) who gave birth to Ra / Re and also Apep / Apophis (possibly a story linked to her earlier attribute as a cow and myths of a cow birthing Ra / Re) by proxy making the the ancestor of all gods, in this same myth after birthing Ra / Re she was said to have taken the loom and shuttle which she invented, put the sky on the loom and weaved the world into existence, in fact the name Neith may derive from a word meaning “To knit” or “to weave”.

Either way Neith is an interesting goddess who has a very interesting role in Egyptian myth as she has undergone multiple distinct phases of being and much like Isis, a fellow goddess both she and Isis have remained as popular and important goddess through their history in Ancient Egypt. Also I can say for certain that Step is not a pharaoh.

At like i to say About servant Buildings so do i like to before i make a profile like to get a Feeling for the culture they lived in so have i for my last profile dived in the History of the Sassanidic history and beside Shappur the second have i found that there are many Persons outside the CAnon of the Shahname that are material for potencial servants . Then do i find About About their abbillities and try to reconstruct my view of their personality . Where i value a complex and well thought out personality with some dual sided characktwer build where certain to varying Degree inhumanly traits but at the other true humane traits or Backgrounds are plus one or two daily Routine aspects like Hobbies examplewise .

This aspect reminds me that there are also varying myths of the creation of the world in the Greek mythospehre Maybe can more then one Version be correct in itself in that they cooperated to create their world and that each Cult centre where beside that all respective Gods were venerated one God had Special significance withhin the complex like that the respective God told his/her Worshippers their side of the Story and history and this versions were then perhaps evolving into seperate myths ? or what do you say to this Explanation ?

Interesting i read that Neith were aside Seth also worshipped by the Berbers and that with the Minoan Goddess have i read that the Egyptians had a trading history with the Minoan culture and that in Crete there were a Hippoptamus Figur known and the Goddess Tawaret be known Gand venerated . Also abuout the Snake Goddess have i the Theory that this may be a Proto Athena and perhaps also the origin of the Gorgon myth ,besides i have in planning a Minoan Lostbelt where thi Snake Goddess Plays a central Role .

And not only in the Egypt but also in example wise the Baabylonia world had Ninurta originally Agricultural aspects and after awhile did he turned into a War God and Divine Hero .or that the defeat of Tiamat were depending on the Location of the Legend either caused by Marduk or Ashur which was said to be equal in power to the former . in General is the Ancient Levantic Reggion interesting as several pantheon existed and About the most have we not even one single Explanation offering Myth like that the Semitic Gods world is completely devoid of it instead are there sveral virtually only through names known and mentioed Gods with some info gragments of their Domain and in the better case some Little Infos like how their depictions were ,though here was it similar like the Christian Religion in Europe did here presumably the Islam destroyedthe effifies of the Gods and oral passed down Knowledge wasnt continuied to be cultivated respectively those that knew it actively persecuted .

As the Old Egypt , the Greeks , and the Britain Celtic aswell the scandinavian and to lesser Degrees the Slavic ,Finish and Baltic Myths survived into the modern world as the respective populaze had a Script to conserve thm respective had Long enough survived due to the loyality of the Worshippers of the old Pantheon that staunchly defended their faith . respectively did we thaks to the work of Archelogists regained insights in the old Mythospehres but still i wished there werer preserved but perhaps is somewhere in old Archives or Museum Depots respectively in undiscovered Ruins still Sources that may bring light into this like, About which Gods orAncient Hero would you everyone not only you Fortune be curious and like to know more as we actually /currently know ?

Beside has someone some hints or start Points of Pompey or Sulla the contemporaries of Caesar as i work currently on a Contemporary of them plus am working on a Cicero servant so do i try if i can make a servant out of them but i could Need some start Points were i can beginn ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 08:34 PM.

Blog Entries
    Imhotep: I don't really have much to say on this, character-wise. I love mythology and seeing the different takes and interpretations people add on it, and he certainly is pretty fleshed out from the get go. Therefore, my minor grievances come from other things.

I can't believe one qualifying class isn't Watcher. Come on! It's right there!

I do love when people go really in-depth on things and explain the reasoning and purpose behind what they include, but I tend to fall back on "Why use 100 words when you can use 10" and that's my main issue here.
    It feels like information overload. Again, I adore seeing the reasoning and what people thought and did to reach certain points, but I also believe in presenting it in a consumable manner. One of the detracting factors of this, unfortunately, is the sheer breadth you go into on this. While some detail is necessary and appreciated, it also can turn away some that would read it due to volume. Add in text size, which is a product of using Arial, and it becomes somewhat frustrating to read. This can lead to many skimming or completely skipping over the information you worked hard to convey and write, which, while not fair to you, is also somewhat not fair to them, as it can make it seem like you're alienating them for wanting to enjoy something without having to feel like they're working for it.
    Perhaps it's a non-issue, but there were numerous times for myself that I felt like simply skimming over the text walls to try discerning what it was all leading to. This may be simply because I might have a short attention span, something people can call me out on, but I felt like there was so much information that didn't captivate me like it did at the beginning through the middle and end of the sheet that I began to feel like it was a chore to get through.

Now, you can make the sheets however you want. Koga does the same thing, and this is me coming from the perspective more as a writer/editor than a sheet maker. I tell people I've worked with that you are in a battle for your audiences time more than anything. You are trying to prove that reading what you've written is worth their time, and if it feels to them that it just drags on without getting to the point, they're gonna just go on to do something else. Again, this is probably an issue for just me that no one else has, so you can take it with a grain of salt.
    Last edited by Morg van Destro; February 27th, 2021 at 01:03 PM.

Blog Entries
    Strong agree, not everything needs to be text walls. Brevity is best.

Blog Entries
    You sure have a way with words, but too much is counterproductive to show your talent.
    I read through to the class skills and I already need a break. It is not that I dont wanna read further, your stuff is good, but then I clicked through all the other hidden texts and was hit by the sheer amount of text I still have to read through.
    It is like you hide your sheet in your sheet like a tree in the woods.
    You are a creative man with lots of things to say, i see that in the amount of your blogs and descriptions in your sheets, but not all people here have the time to read through all that in one go or to later keep up.
    You dont have to shorten them to the length of Kamerads or other recent sheets, just try to find a middle ground to condense your message.
    I will read further later and update this message if I have more things to say.

Edit: Okay i read through this. Combined with ur last Beast Sheet i see that you have a good grasp to create some nasu-esque mythology. Your flow of reasoning behind your concepts is really cool and i can see u as my rival in a sense because one of my goals is to create my own Nasuverse Mythology here someday. Your idea of time loops to reason the different gods is pretty nice, tho i there are so many differing creation myths in egypt, that it is hard to bring them all under a hat. You did not even mention the story with the 4 snakes and 4 frogs, dont remember their declaration even. But the idea with a pantheon connected to aliens? It gets stale now tbh. We have the greeks, the aztecs and the "HPL Pantheon", throw in that i think Amaterasu was an alien, or at least in your interpretation iirc from your Beast sheet and then you have pretty much half the big pantheons being from space. Perhaps it is because Nasu's approach of how gods were created is still too vague or something, but nothing wrong with good ol' gods actually from earth.

still, interesting concepts behind your mythology, i like the 2nd NP and the reinterpretation of Ptah's creation and Imhotep and "architects", the control of rearranging your aspects into other classes is great ( i will certainly someday steal that), all in all good work.

And people should stop caring if others made sheets of the same character. as long they do not rip of the other's sheets overlaps are bound to happen, especially with household names like Imhotep. We present our creativity here through means of certain personalities of history/mythology. You dont stop working on your painting, because someone else used the same colors as you.
    Last edited by DelRey; February 27th, 2021 at 04:51 PM.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Vance's Avatar

Peak Performance

True Name: Mariya Oktyabrskaya
    Class: Avenger
    Alt. Class: Rider, Berserker
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Region: Russia
    Source: Historical Fact
    Armament: Tank, Handgun

Parameters:
    Strength: C+
    Endurance: B+
    Agility: D+
    Mana: D
    Luck: C

Class Skills:

Avenger C
    A Class Skill of the Avenger class, representing the state of an Avenger as one that gathers people's hatreds and grudges onto oneself. It is easier for one to accumulate hatred and resentment. The rate of mana generation becomes higher when receiving damage.

Oblivion Correction C+
    a Class Skill of the Avenger class. People are creatures that forget many things, but an Avenger never forgets. The critical effect of Avengers who attack from beyond one's memory is strengthened. She will forgive those who invaded her motherland and killed her husband but those who harm her loved ones will find her coming.

Self Replenishment E++
    A Class Skill of the Avenger class. One's Magical Energy endlessly surges until their revenge is accomplished. Recovers a minuscule amount of magical energy every turn. If anyone she has come to love is killed by an enemy, this skill is surge as her hatred erupts.

Personal Skills:

Bravery B
    The ability to negate mental interference such as pressure, confusion and fascination. It also has the bonus effect of increasing melee damage. Not usable under the effects of Mad Enhancement.

Reparations amidst the Hail B
    A skill representing the events where Avenger had routinely come out of her tank while in combat to conduct repairs. As long as she focuses solely on support, most projectiles are outright redirected. Noble Phantasms and wide area effects aren't affected by this. Originally an A ranked skill, it lowered due to her current station as an Avenger.

Mechanized Armor A+
    A skill brought about from the peak manifestation of Avenger's noble phantasm. The Mechanical Armor skill grants a rank up to the Strength and Endurance attributes and bestows "+" modifiers to three parameters by means of a boost function brought about by the armor.

Noble Phantasm

Fighting Girlfriend: I Throw Away Everything To Strike At Them Longer
    Type: Anti-Self, Anti-Army

The noble phantasm of Avenger. The tank that she had spent away all her possessions to buy so she could exact revenge on the invading Nazi army. First manifesting as a particularly durable T-34 medium tank, her noble phantasm has the capability to easily take out waves of human level opponents but stands little chance against a servant. However, it's strength lies when more magical energy is put into it by Avenger. The more that Avenger sacrifices to the tank, the more its strength, durability, and speed increases. To achieve its maximum potential, Avenger will sacrifice her own Saint Graph to the tank, fusing with it. This fusion causes the tank to now manifest as a power suit around her body, allowing her function as a mobile juggernaut.

Personality

"War is not a good thing, in my eyes. This one is no different."

Avenger is a stern woman with quiet determination permeating her. Barely interacting with others unless she needs something though she doesn't mind being approached either.

"Hmm, heroes who hail from that Germany? I've no problem with them unless they are in collusion with those detestable, warmongering, home invading worms."

Avenger's general disposition can reasonably be explained by her hatred being focused onto one group in particular, which allows her to be pretty companionable for the most part. However…

"I'll destroy them all, you know. Those who kill you. I can't stop, I won't stop, and I'll hate myself for not stopping. So please...please stay away from all of this."

If at some point, Avenger makes a particularly deep bond with an individual, treat this as an unfortunate occurrence. For she who has deprived herself of everything to destroy her enemies will do once again to become an unfeeling terminator, in the case that one precious person of hers is killed in the line of fire.

Last edited by Vance; February 27th, 2021 at 05:44 PM.

I'm a peaceful woman with bad intentions. Lady Vanatos's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Imhotep: I'm a big fan of Egyptian shit so not only did I enjoy your Imhotep but also your own spin on the mythology itself. I can agree that the wall of text can be a bit of a hassle for me usually but if I'm really interested that that's no issue for me personally and I found this sheet super coolio, fam. I give it a KINO out of 10. GG
    Current FGO setup

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Imhotep : i had him in mind but certain hints did let him fall out why werent i go About the Thot Connection .i must admit that i also here am not fond of These Allien aspects but aside that really good work i must say the skills are good and that with Innocent Monster is intersting i must say . plus funny Explanation.

Though i must ask some Questions at first why does he loath the Greek Gods and more specific does he only hate the MEcha ones of the Grand order timeline or them in General ?

Second as there are some charackters that are had a similar Role like he am i curious what he thinks of :my Hermes Trismegistos as he were the original Mentor which passed the Alchemy unto the Humenkind ,further through Thot have the a connectin.My Hippokrates as the Man which made out of the MAgical Healing procedures the Humancraft Medicine . and Thales which were the first Humen Born Sage of Greece which opened the Gate towards the Higher Wisdoms ?

in either case very good work . I dont think that much love for the Details is bad ,perhaps i should reveal my Grand Rider servant ...

Also perhaps i should then reveal my Egyptian God servants in the near time to demonstrate my understanding hmmm .
    Last edited by Kabalisto Koga; February 27th, 2021 at 04:09 PM.
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

The Steel Driving Berserker
    "vrrrrrr VRRRRRRRRRR VRRRUUUUUUUUUUUM hisssssssssssss ssss"

Class: Berserker
    True Name: John Henry
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Place of Origin: United States
    Source: American Folklore

Lore

Where John Henry came from and where his deeds took place is unclear. He was an African American man, possibly a former slave, who labored to build railroad tunnels in the Appalachian Mountains. The bosses of his company saw most of the laborers as simple tools. John Henry, however, was different. His talent and achievements as a steel driving man inspired awe. The man worked as hard as he did, not for the money, rather instead to inspire pride in what humans are capable of. When the company brought in a prototype steam-powered drill, touted as superior to any human laborer, John Henry would have none of it. To prove the superiority of humans, he agreed to a contest between him and the steam drill. A mountain of a man, John Henry wielded two sledgehammers in tandem to drive a steel drill into the mountain. While the man worked tirelessly, the machine was faster. However, pushed to its limits, the machine continuously broke down, giving John Henry the victory. Amid his triumph, the man fell dead from exhaustion, having gone far past his limitations.

Description
    Berserker’s deeds elevated him to the level of a hero, cementing his place at the Throne of Heroes. In an ironic twist of fate, however, his saint graph was warped to summon him as a more powerful servant. He was merged with the very machine that he hated and defeated, incorporating all the relentless power of the Industrial Age. Berserker takes the form of a massive steam-powered cyborg. His body is mostly metallic, made of complicated machinery resembling that of an automobile engine. Parts of his body are covered by metal plates. The metal is battered and lightly rusted. The head of the machine is smooth like a skull. Berserker’s eyes are the only part of his human body that is still visible. The eyes are so bloodshot and cloudy, however, that they give the impression that they are glowing red. In place of nostrils and a mouth, there are vents where steam and exhaust are released. When Berserker’s Turbocharger is activated, flames spit forth from these vents.

This corruption of his legend tortures and suppresses Berserker’s human side. He was able to die on his own terms, with pride in his humanity, only to be converted into a hideous machine. Most of his personal qualities are caged under machinery. Small, though significant, traces of his humanity do persist. He does display a tiny bit of concern for his master in one matter. If his master's residence is dirty, he will display his rage towards his master before meticulously dusting the entire place. His single goal and purpose by the strongest desire of his human side. That desire is for the total restoration of Berserker's humanity. Berserker pursues this paying to attention to any other human matters, however. Morality and empathy do not favor whatsoever into the equation when formulating the optimal plan to achieve his goal. As the Holy Grail offers the best means of realizing his desire, Berserker will mercilessly and tirelessly hunt down and eliminate anyone, servant or human, who poses a potential threat. Even if Berserker does win his humanity back, will he be able to endure with the knowledge that he committed so many sins to restore himself?

Parameters:
    STR: B
    END: EX
    AGI: E
    MGI: B
    LCK: C
    NP: B-A+

Height/Weight: 199 cm/680 kg
    Dislikes: Machines, dust
    Natural Enemy: Babbage, Tesla, Edison
    Attribute: Human
    Armament: Sledgehammers
    Catalyst: Broken steam drill

Class Skills:
    Madness Enhancement (C): Berserker’s humanity has been almost entirely sealed away. His overwhelming machine rationality robs him of human reason. While it is possible to communicate with him, the inability to grasp the human perspective means Berserker generally ignores humans. At the cost of having boosted parameters, the only sounds he can produce are the roars of a motor or steam hisses.
    Independent Action (C): Berserker can store mana as fuel, allowing him to survive without a master for one day.

Personal Skills:
    Mana Burst (Dynamite) (A): Highly compressed mana that can make Berserker’s sledgehammer strikes literally explosive. Though generally used against barriers, this attack can be employed dangerously in single combat.
    Turbocharger (C): An enhancement that allows Berserker to temporarily negate some of his deficiencies. When active, Berserker’s END and AGI parameters are swapped. It can only be activated for a few seconds, however.
    Machine Efficiency (A): A quality of mechanical beings who possess high level tactics and instinct to optimize completing their task. However, any human qualities such as morality or partiality are erased.

Noble Phantasms

Steel Driver – Modern Day Mjölnirs
    Type: Anti-Mountain
    The job of a steel driving man like Berserker is to pound away at a steel drill, driving it further and further into the side of mountain to create a bore in the rock. Dynamite is then placed in the hole and exploded, clearing more rock. The process then repeats on from there. The essence of a steel driving man, then, is that of a living tool, valued for the endurance of his muscles to withstand hours of back-breaking labor. Unlike the work of a machine, then, the work of the steel driving man is defined by perseverance rather than relentlessness. A steel driving man’s simple sledgehammer is his rainwater and stream water, which are nature’s hammers of erosion. Unimpressive to the eyes of a human passerby, from the perspective of gods, they are forces than can reduce mountains.
    Berserker wields two of these hammers. For him, one is a thunderstorm and the other is a torrential river. All his labors are stored within up these tools. Berserker can compress these labors into individual strikes. These hammers allow Berserker to shatter medium level barriers with concentrated blows.

Man v. Machine – Metal Replaces Muscle, Muscle Replaces Metal
    Type: Anti-Legend (Self)
    The Industrial Age brings a new kind of adversity to struggle against. Efficiency and mass production mean the worker’s humanity has little value or is even seen as a negative when compared to a soulless machine. Seemingly, the only way for a human to keep up is by shedding their own humanity. To justify their value, workers reduce themselves to the levels of machines. One sheds their perseverance and takes on relentlessness instead. This, too, was the case with Berserker, a man who valued his humanity so much that he would be robbed of it. Appalled at the idea of machines replacing steel driving men, he tapped into the unique human ability to push beyond physical limits to prove the inferiority of the machine. This came at the cost of his life. This tale manifests in Berserker’s own body. His human form is buried under machine enhancements. These mechanical parts provide exceptional durability. As broken machines can be repaired by replacing parts, damages that Berserker sustains, even lost limbs, can be restored at a high price of mana, meaning Berserker can endure all but the most destructive attacks.

The drawbacks of this mechanized form are clear in combat. It restricts Berserker from surpassing his limits. Fierce, sustained combat causes the machine to overheat. In this condition, the necessity of human qualities becomes clear and this Noble Phantasm is activated. Berserker sheds his machine shell and liberates his human form, revealing the true steel driving man. In this state, all parameters improve by one rank, except for AGI, which increases by two ranks. While Berserker loses the Turbocharger, Machine Efficiency, and Independent Action skills, Madness Enhancement improves by one rank. However, since Berserker is pushing himself past his limits, sustaining his enhanced human form dramatically drains mana. Remaining so for more than an hour will cause certain death. It can even result in injury or death for the Master. A simple cooldown from combat is enough to allow Berserker’s machinery to reactivate and once again suppress Berserker’s humanity. Berserker’s improved Madness Enhancement means he is capable of normal human communication. This does not mean, however, that he will obey his master. His ability to speak also means that he can invoke the name of his Noble Phantasm, Steel Driver, and unleash its full A+ rank strength, giving him the power to pummel through mountains. Since Berserker values his humanity above all else, the torture of losing it again is something he cannot accept. Nor can he abide the atrocities he committed and will commit in his machine form. He will refuse to cool down from combat and almost always requires a command spell to return to his machine form.

Source: John Henry: The Steel Age Graphic Novel

Last edited by doncosaco; February 27th, 2021 at 04:55 PM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    John Henry: Damn, this is a really cool but tragic take on the guy. Spent his whole life striving to prove the worth of humans over soulless machines only to end up getting conflated by the very machine he defeated. I feel like he could fit perfectly in the Lostbelt I imagined for my James Watt Beast Servant. He'd be a tragic villain who ends up serving the industrial empire thanks to his humanity being suppressed only to finally regain it and sacrifice himself for the heroes in a crucial moment, dying with pride as a human again.

For his first NP, does it actually tap into lightning and rain powers or is that just a bit of metaphor/imagery (sorta' like the Breath Styles don't literally summon their respective elements in Demon Slayer)?

Blog Entries
    Oh i did not look at my calendar, it is Mecha-Saturday as it seems.

Mariya: I saw the 2nd FC and thought "What the...?!". An interesting woman during life. I guess her first iteration was Rider, because her armor skill calls her rider? A pretty cool idea to make her into a moving tank.

Henry: Actually a sad story of him becoming what he wanted to beat. I respect that man. I think he would have been a great addition to the Greek Lostbelt thematically.

Blog Entries
    John Henry: I had the idea of a John Henry Berserker a long time ago, and I'm glad to say this is probably better than whatever I might have done with it. Great job.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lancer of the Achaemenid Empire
    "So you're the one who called upon my name? So be it. My True Name is Cambyses II, second King of the Achaemenid Empire, the King of Kings, he who brought down the Egyptian Pantheon! To limit my glory under one Servant Class container... I find it rather disgraceful, but I suppose such a thing is beyond your control. Either way, I shall prove my might to you in battle. Prepare to know the full extent of my power."

Source

"Singularities, Lostbelts... Hoho, you're quite an interesting one, aren't you? You went through so much, sacrificed so many, yet you continue to move forward! Heh... AHAHAHAH, EXCELLENT! You may continue to amuse me! Show me that inexhaustible, hopeless resolve you possess in the face of adversity!"

Class: Lancer
    Other Classes: Rider, Berserker
    True Name: Cambyses II
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Origin: Achaemenid Empire (6th century BC)

Parameters:

STR: A
    END: B
    AGI: B+
    MGI: C
    LCK: C
    NP: A

Likes: Humanity, sadistic choices, cats (but he wouldn't admit it)
    Dislikes: "People who can't choose", biased historians
    Talent: Observation, conquest, mind games
    Natural Enemy: Egyptian Pharaohs, Herodotus
    Armament: Spear, chariot
    Catalyst: Fragments of his spear

Class Skills
    Magic Resistance (A)

Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Cancel spells of A-Rank or below, no matter what High-Thaumaturgy it is. In practice, the Servant is untouchable to modern magi, so it would not be an exaggeration to title the Servant a "Magus Killer". Known for his brutality when facing the Egyptians, it can be said that his campaigns heavily accelerated the decline of the Age of Gods in Northeast Africa. This gave him Magic Resistance at an exceedingly high rank.

Divinity (D)

The measure of whether one has Divine Spirit aptitude or not. This Skill has an effect which reduces special defensive values called "purge defense" in proportion to the Divinity's Rank. It can break through Skills such as Protection of the Faith and Enlightenment of the Sacred Fig. While he bears no relation to actual divinity, it was said that he received the blessing of the Babylonian chief god Marduk. Supposedly he would assume Marduk's more violent persona during his conquests to strike fear into the hearts of his enemies. This perception of him may have granted him a minor-ranked Divinity.

Personal Skills
    Charisma (B)

A composite Skill consisting of a person's charm as well as the natural talent to command or unify an army or country. Increases the ability of allies during group battles. Having B-rank in this Skill is sufficient to lead a nation as its King/Queen. The morale of military forces he commands is extremely high. It also allows the user to negate the Emergency Prerogative skill of enemies. While his reign was relatively brief, his charisma and prowess in battle allows him to rule while facing little to no opposition.

Affection of the Supreme Deity (B)

A Skill denoting the blessing Lancer received from Marduk. The Babylonian chief god was known to preside over justice, compassion, healing, regeneration, magic, and fairness, although he is also sometimes referenced as a storm god and agricultural deity. Channeling Marduk's authority allows Lancer to temporarily reinforce his strength, agility, and endurance, while also granting him a minor healing factor. However, channeling these benefits cost mana and cannot be used for long periods of time due to his ultimately human Saint Graph.

God-Slayer (A)

A Skill denoting one's ability to combat divine entities. Lancer was known for desecrating temples, burning statues, and ridiculing the local deities during his conquest of Egypt. His most famous feat during this period involves him slaughtering a sacred bull believed to be an incarnation of Apis, one of the most important deities in the Egyptian Pantheon. This feat translates into a powerful extra damage modifier that applies whenever Lancer engages divine entities in combat.

Human Observation (C)

The technique to observe and understand people. Lancer possesses an innate sense of curiosity and perceptiveness towards other humans. This allows him to discern their "core values", their beliefs and the things they hold dear, simply through observation and a few basic exchanges. Through this, he can trap his enemies in mind games, offer them sadistic choices, and most of all, effectively use his second Noble Phantasm against them.

Noble Phantasm(s)
    False Spear of the Storm God
    Imhullu Cambysium

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 1-50
    Max Targets: 50 people

"Can you feel it? A storm is brewing... and you're right in its range! This is the spear entrusted to me by the chief god Marduk! Now come, heroes! Do you have what it takes to weather the storm!?"

The Imhullu is a powerful weapon belonging to the chief god Marduk. More specifically, the aspect of him that presides over storms. Its true form is unclear, as different sources offered different explanations on what the Imhullu actually is, ranging from a staff, a tome, a sword, a spear, and so on. Lancer possesses a false version of this Noble Phantasm due to the blessing he received, as well as his tendency to assume the role of Marduk's
    executioner
    emissary
    during his conquests. Naturally, under this particular Class container, the weapon manifests itself as a spear that grants Lancer a portion of Marduk's authority over storms. Without releasing its True Name, Lancer can conjure powerful gusts of winds and occasional thunderstrikes to attack his enemies. By releasing its True Name, Lancer creates a small, localized hurricane surrounding himself, obscuring his movements with dark clouds and greatly increasing his agility. Despite its relatively limited range, this localized hurricane contains potentially dangerous debris, violent thunderstrikes, and sharp gales capable of cutting through flesh. That said, due to Lancer's human limitations, the full power of this "hurricane mode" can only last for up to two minutes. Thus, instead of prolonging his battles, Lancer prefers to release this move as a single, devastating charging attack. To get hit by it is akin to receiving the full force of a raging storm.

Desecrate Your Convictions and Strike Me Down
    Imhullu Pelusium

Type: Anti-Unit, "Anti-Principle"
    Range: 1-5
    Max Targets: 10

Source

"The brutal choice stands before you! Those precious ideals and convictions you hold so dear... Will you protect them until the very end, or will you throw them all away in exchange for my life!? Come, show me the full extent of your resolve!"

Lancer's second Noble Phantasm, this time based on his most famous feat rather than a blessing from Marduk. A crystallization of his decisive victory in the Battle of Pelusium, which allowed him to conquer Egypt. The battle ended quickly in an overwhelmingly one-sided victory, with Egyptian casualties numbering around 50,000 in comparison to the Achaemenid's mere 7,000. Yet Lancer did not win this battle through might alone. It was said that Lancer devised a certain clever tactic to combat the Egyptians who had them outnumbered. The Egyptians regarded cats as a sacred animal on account of the cat goddess Bastet. Thus, they refused to harm them on any account. Learning this, Lancer ordered his men to carry cats in front of them during the attack, akin to an additional suit of armor. This presented the Egyptians with a sadistic choice: protecting the sanctity of their beliefs and surrendering their lives before the invaders, or throwing away their beliefs and striking down the invaders threatening their very lives. The Egyptians did not dare to shoot their arrows for fear of wounding the animals, and so the battle resulted in a one-sided massacre. This legend would go on to become one of the earliest examples of psychological warfare

Embodying the same concept, this Noble Phantasm presents the targets with a sadistic choice; their core principles; the values that define them, or Lancer's own life? Upon unleashing its True Name, Lancer creates a bounded field that encapsulates himself and the targets. Within this bounded field, Lancer's first Noble Phantasm is sealed, and he is stripped of Marduk's divine protection. In exchange, however, this Noble Phantasm utilizes Lancer's Human Observation to register his existence as "something that completely opposes the targets' core principles". For example, if a target has the principle to "never strike an innocent", Lancer's existence is registered as "innocent" by the world within the bounded field. Similarly, if the target once vowed to "never hit a child", his existence is registered as "a child", no matter how unlikely or impossible it may seem. When these conditions are active, any act of violence directed towards Lancer would be perceived as a "transgression" by the world, and the target would be hit with an overwhelming sense of guilt; the sensation that they had thrown away a valuable part of themselves. Within the bounded field, this sense of guilt also manifests as numerous heavy iron chains emerging from the ground. Naturally, the first strike would also seal any Skill and/or Noble Phantasm that relies on the target upholding such values. With each perceived "transgression", more and more chains would bind the target, weighing them down, restricting their movements, and slowly crushing them. On the other hand, with each "transgression", the target's guilt would be converted into a source of power for Lancer's spear, which would radiate an increasingly powerful, ominous purple glow. Once Lancer deems it enough, he would unleash a single, retaliatory strike on the target, embodying the concept of "betraying oneself". Its strength is proportionate to the amount of guilt and remorse the target feels toward their own actions.

There are two (relatively) simple ways to resist this Noble Phantasm's effects. The first and most obvious one would be to not attack Lancer at all while this Noble Phantasm is active. Doing this is much easier said than done, however, due to Lancer's penchant for mind games. It's not impossible to imagine him gradually persuading you to question your own beliefs, make increasingly questionable compromises, and eventually ask if all of it is worth it, all to push you to attack him, which is exactly what he wants you to do. In that sense, to resist this Noble Phantasm, one must possess firm conviction and unshakable moral compass. A second, arguably darker way, however... is to possess absolutely zero conviction and moral compass. This Noble Phantasm is reliant on the target feeling guilt and remorse for their actions. These feelings are what created the chains and powered up Lancer's spear. Without those, this Noble Phantasm would effectively lose its purpose as the target could just effortlessly shrug off Lancer's mind games and attack him directly. Of course, in most cases, even the worst criminals still has lines they refuse to cross, or at least a certain moral code they live by. Thus, one must be an inhuman monster (metaphorically and/or literally speaking) in order to feel zero remorse over their own actions.

Description
    Lancer's True Name is ​Cambyses II, second King of the Achaemenid Empire.

Lancer is a loud, boisterous man befitting of his title. The type who would endlessly boast about his feats, demand respect from others, and laugh at his own (less than funny) jokes. At first glance, one may liken him to similar God-Kings such as Gilgamesh and Ozymandias. However, there is a much darker, fundamental difference between them...

The Greek historian Herodotus portrayed Lancer as a mad king who desecrated temples, slayed the Apis bull, banned religious practices, and ridiculed local deities during his time in Egypt. Lancer denies these claims, and perhaps surprisingly, he was supported by more recent findings. Most of Herodotus' accounts were greatly exaggerated; despite not being a believer himself, he continued to maintain existing traditions, and no Apis bulls were reportedly harmed during his reign. Overall, as Pharaoh, he was actually a semi-decent ruler. Yet at the same time... how does one explain the massacre he committed during the battle of Pelusium? Did historians exaggerate his feats again?

The answer is no.

If there is one thing that differentiates Lancer from other individuals who bear similar titles to himself, it's that he's not motivated by power, fame, or fortune. Even as King, he considers worldly luxuries such as those to be beneath him. In truth, he possesses an intense obsession to see "the wonders of humanity"; a clash of ideals, a battle between opposing principles, the true nature of man... to him, those things are "beautiful", and this beauty can only be seen when humans are struggling, in the most desperate of times. Thus, Lancer wages wars not out of malice, but simply out of morbid, almost childlike curiosity. A chance to see humanity in all its glory and depravity. To this end, Lancer is extremely fond of presenting others with sadistic choices; forcing others to choose between two equally important things they value, such as their ideals and their loved ones. Of course, there is no "right answer" in his book. Whether one chooses to prioritize their ideals and forsake their loved ones, or protect their loved ones and abandon their ideals, the end result is of no concern to him. After all, these choices were made not as a part of some larger, diabolical plot, but simply as something to sate his own curiosity. The mere act of choosing one over the other, and the effort one would take to save their preferred choice is enough to satisfy him.

In fact, this was exactly what happened during the Battle of Pelusium. Seeing the Egyptians lay down their arms before his army's "feline armor", Lancer's curiosity was piqued once again. Just how far will these people go for the sake of their beliefs? Will they continue to protect them, even if it means laying down their own lives? Thus he killed them. And he killed again. And again. And again. Even as blood and corpses littered the battlefield, Lancer continued to kill, in search of his answer. Roughly 50,000 bodies later, he reached his conclusion. The Egyptians were fully willing to give up their lives for the sanctity of their beliefs. He deemed it a respectable answer, and saw no more reason to inflict further unnecessary suffering upon them. He swiftly conquered the rest of Egypt and ruled over the nation as a benevolent ruler, even as his people cursed his name and wished for his head.

As any arrogant God-King, Lancer's main weakness is hubris. Oftentimes, his arrogance would prove to be his own undoing. Aside from that, his desire to see "the beauty of humanity" also causes him to be extremely fixated on his idea of sadistic choices: "choose A or B". This may lead to him overlooking minor details and/or dismissing the possibility of a third option which may cause his downfall. Yet even then, should one be able to see through Lancer's mind games and defeat him by taking the third option, killing him while simultaneously protecting all they hold dear... Even then, Lancer would not object to such an end. He would simply clap merrily while offering a hearty smile, even as his body fades away. After all, the human ability to reject his choices, take another option which he couldn't foresee, and overcome this overwhelming adversity... that, too, is beautiful in his eyes.

Lore
    Cambyses II (???-522 BC) was the second King of Kings of the Achaemenid Empire from 530 to 522 BC. He was the son and successor of Cyrus the Great. As Crown Prince, it was said that he received blessings from the Babylonian chief god Marduk. As a young man, he was briefly appointed to serve as governor of Northern Babylonia under his father from April 539 BC to December 538 BC. However, his "disrespectful" attitude towards the Babylonian Priesthood caused him to become unpopular with his people. Offended by his actions, the priests interpreted a famine in the region as a sign that the gods opposed his rule. Eventually, he stepped down from his position as governor, although he remained active in the region, particularly around the cities of Babylon and Sippar, before being appointed by his father as co-ruler in 530 BC, who set off to mount an expedition against the Massagetae of Central Asia, where he met his end. Cambyses thus became the sole ruler of the vast Achaemenid Empire, facing no noticeable opposition.

Cambyses' relatively brief reign was marked by his conquests in Africa, notably Egypt, which he conquered after his victory over the Egyptian pharaoh Psamtik III at the battle of Pelusium in 525 BC. After having established himself in Egypt, he expanded his holdings in Africa even further, such as his conquest of Cyrenaica. In the spring of 522 BC, Cambyses hurriedly left Egypt to deal with a rebellion in Persia. While en route in Syria, he received a wound to the thigh, which was soon affected by gangrene. Cambyses died three weeks later at a location called Agbatana, which is most likely the modern city of Hama. He died childless, and was thus succeeded by his younger brother Bardiya, who ruled for a short period before being overthrown by Darius the Great, who went on to increase the power of the Achaemenids even further.

While contemporary sources depict Cambyses as a regular king who accommodated to the cultural and religious practices of the lands he conquered, Herodotus portrays him as a stereotypical mad king. Herodotus accuses Cambyses of defiling and burning the corpse of pharaoh Amasis and slaying a newborn Apis calf, who was worshipped as a god in Egyptian religion. In addition, Herodotus interprets Cambyses' murder of his brother Smerdis and his marriage to his sisters Roxane and Atossa as signs of his madness. Such stereotypical portrayals, however, usually arise from subjective oral traditions and should be treated with suspicion. Moreover, even more evidence has emerged in recent times proving that while he was unsurprisingly unpopular with the Egyptians, most of his crueler anecdotes during his time in Egypt had been greatly exaggerated.

Relationships
    Ozymandias:
    "Your pride over your firstborn son. I see."

Nitocris:
    "Your brothers over your title. Understandable."

Iskandar:
    "Your ambitions over your kingdom. Interesting."

Cleopatra:
    "Your personal happiness over the ancient dynasty. Thus Egypt fell. Yet even that is a respectable choice, in and of itself."

Tamamo Cat, Tamamo-no-Mae, Tamamo-no-Mae (Summer), Tamamo Vitch:
    "There's quite a lot of you here, isn't there? Enough to call it... a Cat-aclysm, WAHAHAHAH! Eh? What's with that look? Now, now, despite how I look, I'm actually quite a fan of cats myself! I used to have lots of them in my palace, and- Eh? You're not a cat? W-Wait, but it's in the name! You're totally- Hm? What's this about something castration fi-"
    *Lancer-Class Servant, Cambyses II, has been desummoned*

Gilgamesh (Archer):
    "Your presence is similar to Marduk's... but you're far too boring! What good is there in a king who spent his days lazing around in his throne and enjoying only the finest things in life!? Where's the beauty in that!?"

Gilgamesh (Caster):
    "Now you, on the other hand... It seems life had tested you well. You have the look of someone who went to hell and back, literally! You sacrificed your title for your friend, didn't you? I wonder, just what kind of conclusion did you reach at the end of your journey?"

Christopher Columbus:
    "The sailor who continued to smile and sacrificed everything to reach his destination... Excellent! That fierce determination is the true essence of humanity!"

Pioneers of the Stars:
    "So this is the pinnacle of humanity; those who spearheaded a new path, overcoming the most difficult of adversities for the sake of your convictions. Truly, you have my respect!"

Herodotus:
    "Ah, to paint the world in black and white, painting me as a tyrannical monster, and Egypt as the poor, helpless victims... isn't that just too convenient? You're dismissing the beauty behind it all! The convictions and beliefs of thousands, both my men, and the warriors who bravely fought for their homeland until the very end, you're missing the point of it all! If you consider me a monster, then write me as the true monster that I am, not as a mere oversimplified villain! Capture the beauty of the people's convictions with every last stroke of your pen! That is how a true historian should be!"

Oichi, Lucian of Samosata:
    "Now, now, don't look upon me with such scornful eyes, my friends! Do you take me for some savage, heartless brute who conquered for land, power, and riches? Those shallow motives are far beneath me! I consider myself a scholar, a researcher, if you will. Why I did the things I did... Because I'm curious, of course! What need have I for any deeper reason? I want to see humanity at its best and its worst! Seeing them squirm when presented with my choices, and seeing them overcome even the most grueling of adversities... That, is the beauty of humanity! In terms you can understand, perhaps it's akin to watching a good movie or reading a novel, seeing the hero triumph over evil... Those displays are enough to move me to tears, and I can never tire of them!"

Creator's Notes/Fun Facts
    A yakuza boss after a cop, someone who crushed Egypt after a legendary Pharaoh... what is it with these coincidences?

- Wow, it sure has been a while since I made any actual unrepentant villains on my sheets. Seriously, you can imagine him being as much of an asshole as possible to an enemy while having them trapped in his second NP, gloating and picking away at their insecurities in hopes of pissing the target enough to attack him.

- I'd like to give myself a pat in the back for turning the guy known for his usage of cat-armor into, well, the terrifying antagonist you see before you. Turning the cat-armor into Imhullu Pelusium, an embodiment of his morbid fascination with humanity and penchant for sadistic choices is definitely one of my more creative ideas as of late.

- Despite how much of a magnificent bastard he is, his alignment still counts as Chaotic Neutral since his actions weren't made out of any malicious or evil intent. He's simply morbidly curious and eager to see "the beauty of humanity" with his own eyes.

- Imhullu Pelusium is a hard-counter to Lucian's whole kit, since his entire skillset relies on him upholding the principles of heroism. The moment he decides to strike Cambyses when the Noble Phantasm is active, the world would deem him a villain and strip him of most of his powers.

- Not counting the extra classes, I always feel like I have the most difficulty coming up with Lancers. The weapon just went out of style way before the sword, and they also have no modern equivalent like how Archers can also use firearms and other long-range weapons when the bow and arrow is no longer widely used. Not to mention, I just found way less legendary spears throughout history and mythology as opposed to swords, most of the time.
    Last edited by BnEl15; February 28th, 2021 at 12:23 PM.

Blog Entries
    I really like that John Henry sheet but all I could think about while reading it was this:

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    John Henry: Damn, this is a really cool but tragic take on the guy. Spent his whole life striving to prove the worth of humans over soulless machines only to end up getting conflated by the very machine he defeated. I feel like he could fit perfectly in the Lostbelt I imagined for my James Watt Beast Servant. He'd be a tragic villain who ends up serving the industrial empire thanks to his humanity being suppressed only to finally regain it and sacrifice himself for the heroes in a crucial moment, dying with pride as a human again.

For his first NP, does it actually tap into lightning and rain powers or is that just a bit of metaphor/imagery (sorta' like the Breath Styles don't literally summon their respective elements in Demon Slayer)?
    You know, your Wattbeast was actually a big inspiration for this. I don't think I would have thought of this without reading that amazing sheet first. A steampunk hell lostbelt is definitely an awesome idea.

For the NP, it's definitely more the latter, more imagery and metaphor. In my head, though, it's more literal when John Henry is in his human form. I imagine him as resembling Thor, being practically a force of nature, terrifying but also beautiful and creative (unlike the machine which is just terrifying and destructive), hence the secondary name for Steel Driver referencing Thor's hammer. Maybe I'll edit the sheet to make this more explicit.