Page 1595 of 1891 FirstFirst ... 59510951495154515851590159315941595159615971600160516451695 ... LastLast
Results 31,881 to 31,900 of 37820

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ^ Also Lartoria's Dun Stallion.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Also Hyakudan and Houshoutsukige.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    As you know, there is a running gag about Iskander and Arturia enjoying modern video games. Given that I must ask for Mordred to get into it, too, namely playing that new King Arthur: Knight's Tale game centered around Mordred. She says that she can do a better job at playing king than Arturia. Let her prove it.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    alright so I have Gou downloaded and since I got the 'rona I have to watch it at some point right

But to me Higurashi was the thing Ryukishi did that was good, Meakashi being the essence of his 'one good story', and that is considering the original ending of Higurashi was utter garbage. He miraculously turned it on its head with Rei and saved it, and then shkanontrice happened, so it's disturbing to me he'd dare disturb it again and ruin his reputation totally. This is not a Tsukihime situation, he needs Higurashi around so people still think he's a decent writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    I appreciate ryukishi's brand of autism. in some ways - in SOME - it brings out the very best of distinctively otaku media consumption habits. under other circumstances you might be tempted to ask, "does TM really need /a/ threads full of UOOH CHILD BODY EROTIC", but ever since prillya they're here anyway so fuck it, bring on the insane multiple personality culprit theories and hairsplitting debates about what is even real
    I'd figure you of all people would understand that overly explaining things in horror is very bad and the author's true bane lies in this.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Somehow they missed Astolfo having a horse made of fire and wind in favor of borrowing Bradamante's Hippogriff

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    alright so I have Gou downloaded and since I got the 'rona I have to watch it at some point right

But to me Higurashi was the thing Ryukishi did that was good, Meakashi being the essence of his 'one good story', and that is considering the original ending of Higurashi was utter garbage. He miraculously turned it on its head with Rei and saved it, and then shkanontrice happened, so it's disturbing to me he'd dare disturb it again and ruin his reputation totally. This is not a Tsukihime situation, he needs Higurashi around so people still think he's a decent writer
    Gou just made Higurashi into a laughing stock. Its such a bad meme. Between Higurashi Gou and Kamisama day its hard to say who fell off harder, Ryukishi or Maeda. I havent played any of the half a dozen VNs ryukishi put out after umineko, but if Gou and Rewrite's Lucia route are anything to go by, man's a goner.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    the absolute state of vn community today

I've only heard good things about Ciconia tbh.

Also Shkanontrice is just a filter for goats come at me.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    There's a fine line between a franchise being true to itself and doing interestin/new/bringing innovation to itself, and the role that fans old and new have on this is crucial and apparent.

Prob why I favor, and would like T-M to focus on (even though I never expect it to happen) new and original IPs that can interact interestingly with old and new fans, whilst also not being tied down to preconceptions/what-came-befores that'd be the matter-of-course baggage to a sequel/spinoff otherwise.

This is when I point to Ryukishi07, but in a favorable light compared to Nasu :^)

(not that his works don't frequent spinoff/self-referential material, because many do so, but in looser and, ultimately, more fulfilling ways)

- - - Updated - - -

(Also, I=Y/I=S is totes canon :V)
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

part of why I like things like Tsuki no Sango, and April Witch is that they're just short cute little stories.

You can tell how it's Type Moon , how it can connect to the rest of everything but ultimately it's just a short cute story that's just itself.

It's not Fate, it's not Tsukihime, it's not anything but what it is.

Building wide is more fun for a world or company, than building just tall yeah.

At this point it'd be nicer if they had like a B team at Type Moon that exists to just make like I dunno, brand new stuff.

Blog Entries
    I'd figure you of all people would understand that overly explaining things in horror is very bad and the author's true bane lies in this.
    ryukishi doesn't write horror.
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Not anymore he doesn't, but it was the thing that was worth a damn when he did. It's actually pretty easy to illustrate with it why the ending of Higurashi doesn't work. The first half where you assemble the true ending is fun in an autistic way, but watching it actually play out is like watching paint dry, as you are completely robbed of your previous sense of wonder. It doesn't help that this is clearly boring to the writer too so he adds crazy hijinx into it as a way to relax. That entire last sequence might as well have Yakety Sax playing.

That's why Saikoroshi-hen is great, because it's grounded, doesn't make sense, makes you question things you thought you knew about the solution to no avail, and replaces the now missing situational horror with a pinch of cosmic horror. But you can only do that once and then you should leave it that way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Also Shkanontrice is just a filter for goats come at me.
    'The official solution is deception on part of the author to conceal the truth of Rokkenjima forever' is the only way I can possibly look at the work in hindsight at all without the gears in my head getting stuck from all the contradictions, but it also sounds even more nuts than E8 itself.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    That entire last sequence might as well have Yakety Sax playing.
    The speech Mion gives to the ponytail dude at the end of Higurashi EP8 even became a popular 2ch copypasta to mock Ryukishis writing.

what if vn but in VR?

I know that there's a load of walking simulators in the west, but surprisingly I never really seen a Japanese walking simulator. I guess Summer Lesson and Honey Select 2 are nice adjacent steps... but I'm talking about something with a serious and expansive story or fun story.

Nasu and takeuchi art are the best example of stagnation than anything in the series

They're simply following the money and pandering to whatever the heck is hot right now (which is by far gacha mobile titles). Then again, it's hard to be mad about two otakus that are mostly known for their eroge creations when you got legends in the Japanese entertainment industry like Hironobu Sakaguchi working exclusively on the same type of shitty mobile games for more than a decade now.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    With Terra Battle cancelled in 2020, and its sequel ended in less than a year, I wonder if Sakaguchi is starting to learn what works or not ever since he dived into the business. No words for Terra Wars yet, even though it's announced alongside Terra Battle 2, so can't comment on that. Hopefully Fantasian could fare much better than its predecessors.

Would love to see him made the gacha focusing around already established IPs from Mistwalker, like Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, or Last Story, for its nostalgic feels.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I mean that's what happens when you do mobile and literally doing the opposite of your past works and not saying NO to Aniplex for that money greed.

Your not a TYPE MOON fan if you don't even own a TM Merch or haven't fapped to a TM character.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    TIL

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenstein
    As I stood at the door, on a sudden I beheld a stream of fire issue from an old and beautiful oak, which stood about twenty yards from our house; and so soon as the dazzling light vanished, the oak had disappeared, and nothing remained but a blasted stump. When we visited it the next morning, we found the tree shattered in a singular manner. It was not splintered by the shock, but entirely reduced to thin ribbands of wood. I never beheld any thing so utterly destroyed.

[...]

But I am a blasted tree; the bolt has entered my soul; and I felt then that I should survive to exhibit, what I shall soon cease to be—a miserable spectacle of wrecked humanity, pitiable to others, and abhorrent to myself.
    Always interesting to see how much research goes into things, sometimes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Why Are the Mages in Fate Such Assholes?
    I thought this was a fun article.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs