Page 160 of 621 FirstFirst ... 60110150155158159160161162165170210260 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,200 of 12407

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

Blog Entries
    The Dragon Trainer

True Name
    Allignment
    Class
    Alternative Classes
    Dongfu
    Neutral Good
    Rider
    Teacher

Height
    1.78m
    Weight
    80km
    Region
    China
    Source
    Zuo Zhuan
    Dislikes
    Imperfection

Parameters
    STR
    END
    AGI
    MAG
    LCK
    NP
    C+
    C+
    C+
    B
    B
    B+

Background

This is a tale of a man beloved by dragons... who loved them in turn.

The tale of Dongfu.

A man who in his childhood always found himself looking up, towards the heavens, towards the clouds, the moon, and the stars. A boy who would run with the wind, swim with the river and come back each day covered in mud and bruises. A young man whose fascination with the ethereal drove away all who would call him friend.

All but the ones he called friend.

The birds who would twirl with him in the wind.

The fish who would jump with him into the river.

The beasts who would run with him through the fields.

Yet the day would come when Dongfu would venture beyond the limits of his town, against the wishes of his parents, driven by the youthful love of discovery he climbed the mountain where no bird, fish or beast would dare go. Daring to venture into the home of the mystic and the arcane. To see the dragon rumored to have taken residence amongst the peaks.

It was there that young Dongfu would catch a glimpse of the elusive creature… and his fate would forever change as the great dragon twirled and spun freely amidst the clouds. Untethered from the earth as it danced with the wind.

And for a moment… all of creation had stopped to watch.

Including young Dongfu, whose heart was driven to tears by the beautiful sight.

He would return to the mountain many times.

But would never see the elusive dragon.

But that wasn’t necessary. For while the dragon disappeared, within Dongfu’s heart lay the memory of their meeting and the sight of the mighty creature’s dancing. The movements which Dongfu himself would try to emulate when he returned to the rivers and forests of his home.

Consumed by the sight he beheld, Dongfu spent years trying to emulate the movements of the dragon.
    Compared to its majesty… everything else seemed to pale by comparison. The mightiest beasts, the noblest of birds, the wisest of men. None could compare to that moment of ephemeral grace which he set out to learn for himself, unable to forget, unwilling to.

And before long… he was standing before the Emperor.

A grown man, he’d been gifted the ultimate opportunity. To raise and train a pair of dragons which had been bequeathed to Emperor Shun. Dongfu wished to prove to himself, to show others the same sight he had beheld as a child. So he dedicated all of his being to raising the Emperor’s dragons.

He slept by them.

Ate with them.

Played with them.

Indeed, to many it looked as if Dongfu had attained an understanding with the Dragons. That they had grown to love him much like he himself loved them. Teaching them to display their power and majesty before all.

Yet Dongfu died with regrets.

How could he not? Even after dedicating his life to learning and teaching the Dance, he could never master it. Never reached the same heights as the playful dragon he saw frolic in his youth. In Dongfu’s mind he was but a charlatan playing a role reserved for a greater teacher.

One he wished to meet even as his body broke down and strength left him.

In his old age, he returned to the mountain, hoping to see his mentor.

To show him he’d studied dilligently.

Would the Great Master be proud? Would he be angry at his lackluster abilities? Would he accept him as a student much as Dongfu had accepted others.

Rider does not know.

Never found out.

But now he intends to.

Personality

A man devoted first and foremost to the betterment of his craft, the only thing that can break Dongfu’s dedication is his other obsession, anything and everything that has to do with dragons. Going from brutal taskmaster to fanboying over anything draconic in nature.

As a Teacher, his greatest worry is the improvement of his students and guiding them through the right path. He will not suffer slackers, nor will he be intimidated. Even by dragons. If a student dedicates themselves, however, they will find a lifelong friend in Dongfu, who will answer their own dedication with his own, becoming fiercely protective of his pupils.

His dearest wish remains to return to the mountain where everything started. Where he saw that elusive dragon dancing amidst the peaks. Considering himself that Dragon’s pupil, Dongfu wishes to see the perfected version of the Dance once again. Not considering himself a master yet.

Life is all about improvement.

So he will not squander this second chance.

So long as they are earnest and hardworking, any who comes before Dongfu to learn will be taught... to be as Dragons.

Variant Class - Teacher

Heroic Spirit of Mentorship.

A teacher is one whose ability lies within the realm of passing down their skills and knowledge to another. Many heroes are known as having been mentored by others. Cu Chulainn by Scathach, Heracles by Chiron, Rama by Vasishtha. Behind great any heroes, there are skilled mentors and teachers who mentored.

The Teacher Class exists only within the Variant Class Grail system, and deals less with direct combat than with raising a student to the level of a ‘hero’. So long as mentor and student are compatible.

Its Signature Skills are Mentorship and Instruction.

Dongfu normally cannot be summoned as a Heroic Spirit. However, it becomes possible under the Variant Class system due to the broadening of Class vessels.

Class Skills

Riding

A++
    While normally impossible to ride a dragon with this skill, Dongfu is one of the few individuals who are an exception to the rule, having being involved with the raising and training of dragons.
    Magic Resistance

C++
    One of the Skills of the Rider Class. It has a special relationship with Dongfu’s Noble Phantasm, increasing in rank the longer it is performed.

Personal Skills

Double Summon

-
    A very specific case relating to Dongfu’s capabilities as a servant. While classified under Rider in a normal Grail War. When a Variant Class becomes available, Dongfu may be summoned with his skills as a Teacher.

Instruction

B
    The Skill which denotes one’s capabilities as a mentor. Dongfu, while a knowledgeable and well regarded teacher, does not have any noteworthy students and is better known for his own abilities.

Aspect of the Dragon

EX
    A unique skill connected to Rider’s Noble Phantasm. Increasing in Rank as he performs the ‘Dance of the Mountain Dragon’, granting him all around parameter boosts, allowing him to communicate as well as fight 'as a dragon'.

Mentorship

C
    A Teacher’s ability to select a student and pass down his skills to them. Making it possible for Dongfu to select living individuals to act as receptacles for his knowledge and abilities. At C-Rank, any skill passed down will be halved in strength.

Noble Phantasms
    Wu Long: Dancing of Dragon Mountain
    Anti-Unit
    C

The dance movements developed by Dongfu after witnessing a dragon in his youth. They can be better described as the ‘natural movements’ of a dragon than an actual dance, something he was inspired to emulate and later on taught to other dragons.

As a Noble Phantasm, it provides him with the ability to generate the ‘aspect of a dragon’, similar to individuals with a Magic Core. The effect lasts only as long as Dongfu can move, every twitch of his body having been incorporated into the ‘Dance of the Dragon’.

The longer Dongfu performs this dance, the more energy he accumulates, and the closer he becomes to rivalling a dragon on output and parameters.

Huanlong: The Raiser of Dragons
    Anti-Unit
    B

Connected to legend surrounding Dongfu’s raising and teaching of dragons. This ability also ties into his classification as Rider. Despite being summoned without a mount, Rider can create one by selecting a living creature and teaching it the ‘Dance of the Dragon’. While this process happens, the animal or individual in question slowly develops draconic features.

It should be noted that the effects of this Noble Phantasm are permanent, meaning that even after Dongfu leaves the world, the beings he has ‘taught’ will remain as dragons. With the limitation being that Rider is limited to taking only one ‘student’ at a time.

Last edited by Wyvern; May 3rd, 2021 at 09:09 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    It's fine, solid even, but nothing much special. His Skills all fit and the NPs do a decent job of encapsulating the legend of William Wallace, but there's not really any unique twist or flare here to make it memorable. The first NP is a pretty basic stat/ally-buff and the latter is an "Anti-Ruler" effect a lot of heroes famed for rebellion could have. I also don't think the (War) variant of Eye Of The Mind is really necessary. I do like his Martial Glory Skill though. Inspiring people in proportion to his victories works well for him, and it sounds like it could make for some cool "defeat means friendship" moments in a Grail War.
    Well the War variant was more to symbolise the Route for his inate Militaric Capabilities to be honest and why cant be the effects not also adviser wise also be of Benefit of the Allies ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    I would agree that it doesn't necessarily need to be a unique variant of Eye of the Mind, since its usage seems like it'd trigger in pretty much the same situations...?

I'm not sure why his mana stat gets two ++ modifiers though - stat modifiers are usually useful to explain in some way, whether in the skills or NPs, imo. Otherwise they feel a bit arbitrary.

It's a faithful take on him, though it's a fairly straight take all in all. There's not a lot to critique for good or ill since its more or less the historical guy, but the persona and issues are clearly laid out so that's good.
    Well i admit he has gotten quite Basic , and i can say that should he be summoned as Saber or Rider he will be "more Braveheart" .

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    Sometimes it takes a lot of digging to find what you're seaching for, but yes, usually this is the fastest route indeed.

Also @Koga: That wasn't a bad sheet at all. You ARE getting better at this. He's exactly what you expect to find in a William Wallace sheet, and although it might look like a bad thing it isn't necessarily that. It just means that you understood the character well enough to Servant-fied him properly. (Sure you always wank them to infinity and beyond, which is something I could never but I admire the courage of those who can...... But really, at this point it might be your trademark, right? So even that is to be expected from a William Wallace sheet!) Overall, it was a good job, my man.

Findabair: Oof another waifu after my own heart. I absolutely loved the lore behind the character and I think that all things considered, what you came up with is exactly what she needed. (It does help that I already like Medb a lot so OF COURSE I'd have a soft spot for this sheet already.) I liked how you explained the character in the Special Traits section too; and I can see her, with the right master and the right strategy employed, being quite the pickle in a War. Any way, what I was trying to say all this time: I LIKED HER. A LOT.
    Yeah the rather high powerlevel of my servants are somewhat really my Trademark , i know that there are Servants of all power scale but i like the stronger ones as they are letting me some more space to work with though i try to not let it reach infinity , however i did also some more medium servant like my Kesagake or Smith of Kochel example wise . Also i would be curious what you say About my last contest servant howaito ?

in any case thank you three !

So which servant should i do next my Faker ,my first try on a Forreigner , my Roman Emporer ,These two Indian Kings, One of the East Europe monarchs so many ideas ?Hm
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Darkened Misty Metropolis Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Y'know, with how Fakers seem to be pretty popular now, I just realized that I need to do something for that class. Hard to come up with something, though. I got the idea for a Faker Yakub, but then I almost immediately realized that idea was, if you would pardon my French, pretty damn stupid and dismissed it.
    The joys of being a Mommy

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambda-Nu View Post
    Y'know, with how Fakers seem to be pretty popular now, I just realized that I need to do something for that class. Hard to come up with something, though. I got the idea for a Faker Yakub, but then I almost immediately realized that idea was, if you would pardon my French, pretty damn stupid and dismissed it.
    I had the idea for a Faker Ea Nasir once as the "earliest con-artist in recorded history". He'd be impersonating Gilgamesh with an NP called Scrap Of Babylon that lets him create degraded but superficially identical copies of other NPs upon witnessing them (a la the Excalipoor wielded by Final Fantasy's Gilgamesh, funnily enough). Bonus points if the FC is Laurent from Great Pretender.

Blog Entries
    Y'know, with how Fakers seem to be pretty popular now, I just realized that I need to do something for that class. Hard to come up with something, though.
    Yes! Let the Faker revolution begin! Your time is now!
    But, yeah. It's a hard Class to use, which is probably why there were only nine I could find before I made H. H. Holmes. Think it's time we added more, which I'm happy to see people doing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Morg van Destro View Post
    Yes! Let the Faker revolution begin! Your time is now!
    Vive le Revolution!

Servant Database (v2.0)

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    Maybe I'll go with a Faker next time. There's defientely a lot of untapped potential on that direction. Though I'm curious regarding what you guys think about Dongfu. If its not imposing of me to ask.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    Maybe I'll go with a Faker next time. There's defientely a lot of untapped potential on that direction. Though I'm curious regarding what you guys think about Dongfu. If its not imposing of me to ask.
    Oh, yes, I've been meaning to comment on that. Um, just give me a moment and I'll type something up.

Servant Database (v2.0)

Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    In a somewhat different direction and speaking of Fakers, what about the original Faker's brother the true Hephaestion: How much do we know about him in Type-Moon history and is there enough info/interest on him to make a proper Servant out of him?

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think the biggest challenge in writing a Faker is how limited the "natural" candidates are. There's only so much recorded "impostors" throughout history like Anna Anderson and Jhalkaribai. Anything beyond that and you'll pretty much have to write an oc like "Lu Bu" and the canon "Iskandar".

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    I think the biggest challenge in writing a Faker is how limited the "natural" candidates are. There's only so much recorded "impostors" throughout history like Anna Anderson and Jhalkaribai. Anything beyond that and you'll pretty much have to write an oc like "Lu Bu" and the canon "Iskandar".
    That's absolutely true, cold facts right there, but a part of me interpreted this as a challenge and I CAN'T give in to the temptation.

Also WYVERN? YOU SNAPPED AGAIN? I'll most definitely read this opus magnum of yours s o o n.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Blog Entries
    Dongfu: I like him! The idea of a Servant with a gimmick based around being a teacher is quite unique. The dancing gimmick is also pretty good, since there don't seem to be too many Servants with that and this one seems to take it to a new level. Also, the Lance ref is quite fitting!

Oh, and I also generally like Servants that have NPs that raise their parameters, since it provides a way for those with otherwise decent at best stats to become a bigger threat than normal. Of course, the general hazards that come with using a Noble Phantasm do a decent job of balancing it out.
    Last edited by Lambda-Nu; May 3rd, 2021 at 11:44 PM.

Servant Database (v2.0)

Upcoming Servant Sheets

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I had the idea for a Faker Ea Nasir once as the "earliest con-artist in recorded history". He'd be impersonating Gilgamesh with an NP called Scrap Of Babylon that lets him create degraded but superficially identical copies of other NPs upon witnessing them (a la the Excalipoor wielded by Final Fantasy's Gilgamesh, funnily enough). Bonus points if the FC is Laurent from Great Pretender.
    I love this idea. Having Gilgamesh impersonated by the world's first Faker and said Faker being a scummy conman would be a sheet I'd like to see. Not to mention the excalipoor jokes as well.

Blog Entries
    But that said, the Teacher variant class just...doesn't do it for me. Lover was a decent variant class, but the other ones you've come up with are kinda meh.

- - - Updated - - -

I love this idea. Having Gilgamesh impersonated by the world's first Faker and said Faker being a scummy conman would be a sheet I'd like to see. Not to mention the excalipoor jokes as well.
    Me too! It's why I'm calling dibs on it. Keep your mitts off of it!

Servant Database (v2.0)

Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    But that said, the Teacher variant class just...doesn't do it for me. Lover was a decent variant class, but the other ones you've come up with are kinda meh.
    I am glad for the honest criticism. Mostly I'm coming up with these as a way to throw concepts at a wall and seeing what sticks. They all have a role in the chaotic little madhouse that is my brain, I just wish I could convey that better.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    I am glad for the honest criticism. Mostly I'm coming up with these as a way to throw concepts at a wall and seeing what sticks. They all have a role in the chaotic little madhouse that is my brain, I just wish I could convey that better.
    It’s good to experiment with ideas for new classes, but it just doesn’t always work out. I would have to say that the best fan-made Servant class would have to be Monster, though. I’ll have to make a sheet using that one sometime.

Servant Database (v2.0)

Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    It’s good to experiment with ideas for new classes, but it just doesn’t always work out. I would have to say that the best fan-made Servant class would have to be Monster, though. I’ll have to make a sheet using that one sometime.
    I completely agree, both on Teacher not really vibing and that trying out ideas is great. Again, I really feel the Lover Class and plan to use it again, but the others have been somewhat misses, personally. But I love that you've put them out to see what works.

Wyvern, I'll say something about him soon. Same to you, Bn. Just need to get to my computer.

A.K.A. Rick, apparently realcasually's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Only TECHNICALLY an OC, I'd like to point out. Lu Bu DOES have a historical daughter and almost everything we have on her in historical records is that she's Lu Bu's daughter and she was about as tough as him. I just... ran very very far with that concept.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    That's absolutely true, cold facts right there, but a part of me interpreted this as a challenge and I CAN'T give in to the temptation.
    DOOOOO IIIIIIIT
    Last edited by realcasually; May 4th, 2021 at 02:43 AM.

Blog Entries
    Anna Anderson: Dear Lord in Heaven. These sheets are what I am here for.
    What can I say. I mean, really. I love it. Nothing extravagant or over the top here. As egotistical as it sounds, it's because it feels like something I would write. By that, I mean that every sheet I make is made from the perspective that it's something I personally would love to read. You tell her story with an ending that honestly speaks more to her character than the actual description in my opinion, NPs that accentuate it though I prefer the second to the first, and Once Upon a December pulls it all together. Wonderfully done.

Dongfu: Manga Lance. The coolest Lance.
    I just imagine the guy training a squirrel in the dance and making the fiercest little bugger you can find. A simple Servant with an interesting story, Skills, and an understandable love of dragons. Not someone really built for combat, but could certainly be a contender with a strong 'student'. Nice job.

Blog Entries
    I go to sleep and you fools really stole Ea Nasir from my vague to-do-in-the-distant-future list.
    Nasir was a legend. He had a room full with all the stone tablets of people complaining about the shit he pulled on them. Lambda, i expect some great things from you if do him. And i mean bad puns and jokes on the level of my Eostre sheet.

How to train a dragon, the Servant: interesting story and concept. I like this time that put ur class on top of a real one this time, circumventing previously mentioned problems. I doubt that this variant class will stick on the wall, but still, teacher-like servants are rare and nice to see.
    If you do this again, perhaps use the skill Distortion from Alcides. I stumbled upon it recently and offers a variant to double summon.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.