Page 7505 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 650570057405745574957500750375047505750675077510751575557605 ... LastLast
Results 150,081 to 150,100 of 157505

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Wait, wasn't that during the London Singularity? I thought during that event, a younger Makiri was brought over and possessed by a Demon Pillar?
    It's unclear if he was brought to that time, or native to it. I assume that in the GO universe he was in London in 1888 in order to trigger Barbatos and get ganked by Ritsuka which is part of how the GO timeline differs since he apparently became a pawn of Goetia the same way Lev did instead of becoming one of the three founders, so it took an extra two hundred years to even get the first grail war off the ground. At least that's what I'm guessing. Whether this is true or not, I'm sure somebody else knows better than me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Wait, wasn't that during the London Singularity? I thought during that event, a younger Makiri was brought over and possessed by a Demon Pillar?

- - - Updated - -

Either works.

The first HGW in GO verse is 2004 so Zouken wouldn't have to be in Japan in 1888 GOverse.
    If he was shifted then anything is possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post

Either works.

The first HGW in GO verse is 2004 so Zouken wouldn't have to be in Japan in 1888 GOverse.
    If he was shifted then anything is possible.
    Thanks. That does leave more questions than answers, I suppose...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    It's unclear if he was brought to that time, or native to it. I assume that in the GO universe he was in London in 1888 in order to trigger Barbatos and get ganked by Ritsuka which is part of how the GO timeline differs since he apparently became a pawn of Goetia the same way Lev did instead of becoming one of the three founders, so it took an extra two hundred years to even get the first grail war off the ground. At least that's what I'm guessing. Whether this is true or not, I'm sure somebody else knows better than me.
    I thought the Three Founders still laid the groundwork for the Heaven's Feel in the 1790s in the GO time tree, but for some reason never got around to a proper ritual until 2004?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

US Friend Code
    I don't think we know for sure but that's at least what I assumed.

The alternative would be Tokiomi or Rin filling Nagato's role for some reason.

And Justeaze could easily fulfill the same role so long as she never left the Einzbern Castle beforehand.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Isn't the Clock Tower director 2000 years old, but not a vampire?
    Quote Originally Posted by Clock Tower 2015
    "If only there were no Lords this place would be pretty liveable, pointless though it is to hope. They're even more stubborn than the vampire knockoff that's been running the Clock Tower for nearly a thousand years. Ah, but wasn't El-Melloi ruined? And I've heard the Mineralogy top brass have changed too."
    Maybe, maybe not

Quote Originally Posted by alienncoww View Post
    Maybe, maybe not
    Clock Tower 2015 is in a Tsukihime world, though, so it's unlikely he's a vampire in Fate worlds. Heck, if Zelrecht isn't a vampire in Fate worlds, the Director almost certainly isn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Besides, he's called a vampire knock-off, not even a vampire, and this is in Tsuki worlds, where Dead Apostles trump the Human Order.

Blog Entries
    Is there any sort of timelines around for the various works?
    Galleries for Stuff

You mean for all collectively or for each individual one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

US Friend Code
    CF mats had a Mage's Association timeline but I'm not sure if that's what you're asking for

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Jeanne and Georgios are heroes, Amakusa and Molay are villains, and Martha is comic relief
    It's somewhat worth noting that Jeanne is a later-day Catholic Church saint and I don't even know which denominations have recognized Amakusa as a bona fide Saint, whereas St.George predates the Schism and Martha literally spoke with Jesus in person (even if she wasn't one of His students).
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    It's somewhat worth noting that Jeanne is a later-day Catholic Church saint and I don't even know which denominations have recognized Amakusa as a bona fide Saint, whereas St.George predates the Schism and Martha literally spoke with Jesus in person (even if she wasn't one of His students).
    It was more about primarily-Christian figures in general than just Saints.

I guess David also counts for having retroactive Divinity from Jesus?

Oh right, there's also Karl from Extella. How is he, again? Not very Christian, from what I recall

US Friend Code
    Longinus is a pretty good dude too but a) I don't know if he's actually Christian himself or just revered by them and b) since I expect Chitose to be Requiem's final boss he'll probably become an antagonist for Erice down the line.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Longinus is a pretty good dude too but a) I don't know if he's actually Christian himself or just revered by them and b) since I expect Chitose to be Requiem's final boss he'll probably become an antagonist for Erice down the line.
    IRL the Saint Longinus story involves him converting after Jesus' blood healed his blindness, but I'm guessing Requiem hasn't explained more about Fate/ Longinus.

And well, Buddha was an antagonist in EXTRA so it's not like that matters much.

Oh, and I guess EXTRA Vlad is supposed to be an evil religious lunatic?

Is charlemagne actually recorded in the throne or just on the mooncell?

ムーンセルに同時に現れたカール大帝とは本来同一人物であり、別の側面。王としての全盛期がカール大帝なら ば、セイバークラスの全盛期として召喚されたのがシャルルマーニュだと言える。 だが、カール大帝の史実の中にシャルルマーニュ十二勇士の英雄譚は存在しない。その治世に聖剣や魔獣や魔女 は存在せず、十二勇士はカール大帝の精鋭のことでしかない。 シャルルマーニュの正体は大帝の影であり、カール大帝が捨て去った夢想の騎士である。それは大帝マーニュが 子供の頃に夢見た、どこまでも正々堂々、民の為に剣を振るう騎士の再現である。 サーヴァントのシャルルマーニュは英雄譚であるシャルルマーニュ十二勇士の聖騎士パラディンとしての側面で あり、本来は独立することのないイレギュラーである。 ただしカール大帝は史実においてあまりに偉大な存在であり、その史実が盾となり幻想を阻む。それ故、大帝の 人生に幻想が入り込む余地はどこにもない。 にも関わらず、英霊の座においてカール大帝とシャルルマーニュの二人は混同され、伝説に描かれた英雄キャラ クターとそのモデルとなった人物が結合してしまった。 かつて彼は身分と関係なく誰とでも酒を酌み交わし、異なる神を信じる者と友達になる。そんな風になりたかっ た。否、なろうと思った。───それがカール大帝との分岐点だったのかもしれない。 シャルルマーニュはそれを幻想に求め、カール大帝は現実で戦おうとした。だが想いだけは共通していた。自分 と同じで一人ぼっちだった女の子を、人斬り包丁を持たされて戦場に立つアルテラを、姉さんを助 けたかった。 大帝の影であるシャルルマーニュは、大帝が倒されれば死ぬ。本体が居なくなれば影は消えてしまう。誰が大帝 を討とうが、どこかに逃れたとしても、死は免れない。 そしてシャルルマーニュの現界は、ただ一度の奇跡であり、またとないイレギュラーな召喚である 。 次に召喚される時は、力づくで世界を統一するカール大帝でもなく、世界を救う為なら命を捨てるシャルルマー ニュでもなく…現実と理想を両立させ、史実と夢想の混ざった「カール大帝」が召喚されるのみで ある。 それを理解した上で、彼は暴走するカール大帝を騎士として、同じシャルルカールとして倒すために奔走するの だ。 アストルフォら他の十二勇士は普通に召喚できるのになぜ彼だけがまともな召喚が不可能なのかというと、モデ ルとなった人物の知名度の違いによる。 現実の十二勇士は精鋭の兵士でこそあったが、ただそれだけ。超常の力も驚愕の逸話も神秘の道具もないただの 人間であったため、幻想の十二勇士に組み込まれる余地がなかった。 しかし、シャルルマーニュの場合、カール大帝が偉大過ぎてどうあがいても「カール大帝のシャルルマーニュ伝 説」という風に大帝ありきの逸話、つまりは宝具の一つにでもなってしまうのである。彼の単体召喚とは、例え るなら水に溶かした砂糖一粒だけを取り出せというもので、何らかの過程によって分離した状態にしなければ不 可能

The above is a supposed transcript from a jp wiki which i have no idea what. Did some google translation of it and it seems that it said so but i want to verify if its true. Is there any truth to it?

I was also informed that apparently he was from a pruned timeline through this line of karl

"貴様が経験した夢物語とは、剪定されたであろう事象のーつに過ぎん"
    Last edited by Reverse_side98; May 8th, 2021 at 04:11 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    IRL the Saint Longinus story involves him converting after Jesus' blood healed his blindness, but I'm guessing Requiem hasn't explained more about Fate/ Longinus.
    Well, it isn’t a complete backstory, but Requiem did give some good chunks of Lucius’ past. IIRC it placed the event that made him blind after Jesus’ death and didn’t tell who healed or when.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    You mean for all collectively or for each individual one?
    Mostly I'm looking for one covering Pre-FSN, but any sorta generalised universe timeline would probably be helpful.

CF mats had a Mage's Association timeline but I'm not sure if that's what you're asking for
    If it has any supplemental data on the Holy Grail War it might be useful, there's a resource for the CF in the first post I think, so I'll go check. Thank you both for the replies.
    Galleries for Stuff

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    As far as I know Longinus' existence, including his name, is apocryphal and he's certainly not revered in any major capacity.
    Wikipedia lists him as a saint of both the Catholic AND Eastern Orthodox Church (as well as several other denominations), but the sources look pretty sketchy to me.

- - - Updated - - -

And well, Buddha was an antagonist in EXTRA so it's not like that matters much.

Oh, and I guess EXTRA Vlad is supposed to be an evil religious lunatic?
    The tale goes that he was the Roman soldier that stabbed Jesus with his lance, so he can't have been blind then.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

JP Friend Code
    As far as I know Longinus' existence, including his name, is apocryphal and he's certainly not revered in any major capacity.
    Wikipedia lists him as a saint of both the Catholic AND Eastern Orthodox Church (as well as several other denominations), but the sources look pretty sketchy to me.

- - - Updated - - -

The tale goes that he was the Roman soldier that stabbed Jesus with his lance, so he can't have been blind then.
    There's actually a popular charm in Brazil where you promise you'll hop thrice if Saint Longinus helps you find some object you've lost, like keys

Also, Golden Legend
    Some say that when he smote our Lord with the spear in the side, the precious blood avaled by the shaft of the spear upon his hands, and of adventure with his hands he touched his eyes, and anon he that had been tofore blind saw anon clearly, wherefore he refused all chivalry and abode with the apostles, of whom he was taught and christened, and after, he abandoned him to lead an holy life in doing alms and in keeping the life of a monk about thirty-eight years in Cæsarea and in Cappadocia, and by his words and his example many men converted he to the faith of Christ.

That blindness seems very metaphorical.