Page 7506 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 650670067406745674967501750475057506750775087511751675567606 ... LastLast
Results 150,101 to 150,120 of 157504

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Arete's Avatar
    Some do say it was metaphorical, but some say it might have been a form of 'mostly blind' and that the reason they had him stab Jesus was because none of the other guards would dare do it but he wasn't able to see who it was clearly. But yeah, probably just symbolic blindness.

On a slightly related topic, I'm told that Rhongomyniad is full of grail mud. Is this true? It would certainly explain a lot and makes the connection to Longinus' lance a bit clearer.

Anyway some Case Files questions; is there a good place to read them? How accurate is the anime to the books? And what book/s cover the Rail Zeppelin Arc?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Arete View Post
    On a slightly related topic, I'm told that Rhongomyniad is full of grail mud. Is this true? It would certainly explain a lot and makes the connection to Longinus' lance a bit clearer.

Anyway some Case Files questions; is there a good place to read them? How accurate is the anime to the books? And what book/s cover the Rail Zeppelin Arc?
    I don't know where you heard the Grail mudded Rhongo thing, but it's false.

You can read Case Files here on Beast Laire, here translated by TwilightsCall. The anime was half original material until episode 7, where it adapts the canonical Rail Zeppelin arc of volumes 4 and 5. The anime is broadly accurate, except it switches some things up, like putting Svin's graduation in the last episode when it was in the prologue of the arc and not having Jean-Mario on the train. It gives a bigger role to Luvia, who didn't have any, and includes Kairi, who is just not in the novels. The anime seems to also bizarrely give romantic undertones to Gray's feelings towards Waver.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by All fictions View Post
    The anime seems to also bizarrely give romantic undertones to Gray's feelings towards Waver.
    Oh, those weren't in the novel?

I didn't sense anything romantic in the CF anime, just Add teasing a bit.

Best thing to pick up on from the novels is the evolution of Gray and Waver's relationship. Gray is also a pretty fun narrator with her timid appearance and actions but scathing internal critique of everyone. It's especially obvious in the aforementioned relationship.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Oh, those weren't in the novel?
    Nah it's purely a mentor/student relationship in the LNs. Gray does really respect him of course (when she isn't insulting things in her narration like how dirty his home is) but there's no sign of the crush she had in the anime.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Joan of Arc was only canonized in 1920, interestingly, and Amakusa isn’t celebrated as a saint anywhere, likely in part due to the folklore belief that he cursed his enemies when he died.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverse_side98 View Post
    Is charlemagne actually recorded in the throne or just on the mooncell?
    I haven't played Link to really confirm anything, but going by the text block you dropped, the answer is neither. Charlie is a shadow of Karl who could only exist as his own thing once and dies when Karl is defeated. The 100% reality Karl and the 100% fantasy Charlie are thing only in this first summon and next time Karl is summoned, he'll be both at the same time.

If they ever go to FGO, I'm expecting them to be different Ascensions of the same unit, with the other Ascension being a weird hybrid. Changing Classes with Ascension would be an original enough gimmick, although DW would probably prefer to play safer with a Saber with a passive that gives him Ruler resistances, or a Ruler with a passive that makes him weak to Archers because he's also a Saber.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    There was a cameo of fantasy Charlie along with other Paladins in Apocrypha manga during Astolfo's flashback, so I wonder if the one summoned would be Charlie, given Astolfo's familiarity to him.

Though it's also possible for both to be summonable, courtesy of Hakuno and Altera's effort in salvaging their data based on their fights to be recorded by Mooncell, as additional manpower to fight Velber. My guess is that by the end of hypothetical Link event, something is done to them similar to what BB did to the Alter Egos to make them summonable back in CCC.

And it also helps DW to work on their kit based on what they have in Link instead of starting from scratch.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    The 100% reality Karl and the 100% fantasy Charlie are thing only in this first summon and next time Karl is summoned, he'll be both at the same time.
    Normally, yes, but in the final ending of Link, Hakuno uses their authority to save the data of both Karl and Charlie separately, allowing both to be summoned as they are in Link; Much like Glory said. So at least in the Mooncell, the two are now recorded as distinct entities from one another. I would expect in an event for Charlie to be a Welfare Saber and Karl to be a 5 star Ruler with his standard appearance being his second ascension after a boring first one with like his hat, chest cross and belt missing, then his third to add some of the mecha elements of his fortress NP and that be that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Arete's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by All fictions View Post
    I don't know where you heard the Grail mudded Rhongo thing, but it's false.

You can read Case Files here on Beast Laire, here translated by TwilightsCall. The anime was half original material until episode 7, where it adapts the canonical Rail Zeppelin arc of volumes 4 and 5. The anime is broadly accurate, except it switches some things up, like putting Svin's graduation in the last episode when it was in the prologue of the arc and not having Jean-Mario on the train. It gives a bigger role to Luvia, who didn't have any, and includes Kairi, who is just not in the novels. The anime seems to also bizarrely give romantic undertones to Gray's feelings towards Waver.
    Cheers. Rail Zeppelin is later on than I thought. If Kairi isn't there then I presume that story he showed up in is just an anime original?

I think there's an important clue for FGO in the first volume, though I don't know that I'll get round to reading it for awhile.

US Friend Code
    Kairi's role in CF was anime-original yeah. And while Luvia appears in other cases, her role in Rail Zeppelin specifically was also anime-only.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Kairi's role in CF was anime-original yeah. And while Luvia appears in other cases, her role in Rail Zeppelin specifically was also anime-only.
    Not that it's a bad thing. My major gripe with the anime is how it dealt with Jean-Mario Supinera. His role makes way less sense than it does in the novel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    I don't really get cutting him while giving screen time to a bunch of random magi without names. Like he could have been in the background the entire time and then just had his little interaction from the studio on the train, but I guess they wanted the characters not on the train to have someone to seek for exposition.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Arete View Post
    This, or something like it, is being hinted at by the Camelot movie.

Spoiler:
    Arash hits Rhongo with his arrow, the arrow travels inside it, there's a bunch of reddish blackish goop inside, then Rhongobongo falls apart into tentacles. Or something.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    This, or something like it, is being hinted at by the Camelot movie.

Spoiler:
    Arash hits Rhongo with his arrow, the arrow travels inside it, there's a bunch of reddish blackish goop inside, then Rhongobongo falls apart into tentacles. Or something.
    Other than the red and black section, it doesn't really look anything like it. I think it's just a bunch of trippy effects with no particular implication.

Is the family in charge of the cemetery containing Artoria's remains by Morgan's orders being named after CM's personal magus DA significant to CM/DA backstory or just a reference? This on top of Altrouge being the owner of what eventually became Cath Palug made me wonder how related Arthurian mythos and CM shenanigans is supposed to be. I ask because I never read Case Files and I have no idea if this is a throwaway reference like the dozen you see in strange fake or not.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Quoren View Post
    Other than the red and black section, it doesn't really look anything like it. I think it's just a bunch of trippy effects with no particular implication.
    It's pretty clear it's hinting at something. It doesn't look too much like Grail Mud, sure, but the golden glowy Rhon's insides being spooky dark crap isn't just for effect.

Unless the movie really is that bad. Honestly might be leaning that way, almost nothing about it that I've seen so far has actually looked good.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

US Friend Code
    I don't know what that scene was meant to be implying, but even if it does actually mean something I don't think it was Grail mud.

Though at least the "dissolved into tentacles" it didn't look like that to me at all, just looked like Rhongo was unfurling, like untwining a rope.

The scene in question is at about 2:30

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolly Battory View Post
    Is the family in charge of the cemetery containing Artoria's remains by Morgan's orders being named after CM's personal magus DA significant to CM/DA backstory or just a reference? This on top of Altrouge being the owner of what eventually became Cath Palug made me wonder how related Arthurian mythos and CM shenanigans is supposed to be. I ask because I never read Case Files and I have no idea if this is a throwaway reference like the dozen you see in strange fake or not.
    The family that runs the cemetery personally knew Gransurg centuries ago and when he died they took his name in his honor, as well as naming the cemetery after him. I don't think there's a direct connection between Artoria and the cemetery, it's just where the Atlas Contract that Morgan needed happened to be.

https://www.tmdict.com/en/fu.blackmore-cemetary
    The cemetary from Gray’s hometown.The land protected by Bersac Blackmore.
    Originally, the land was inhabited by a family of magi that manipulated spirits, and regarded birds as sacred. The name Blackmore is apparently drawn from a powerful Dead Apostle connected to this family. Though the Dead Apostle in question perished some two thousand years ago, the family took his name as a sign of respect for him. At this point, that family’s original name is no longer known.
    At any rate, that family has now become one of gravekeepers, and though temporarily, they have been entrusted with the remains of King Arthur.
    Last edited by Reign; May 9th, 2021 at 09:56 PM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    And now I find myself speculating about whether or not Sir Blackmore is related to them or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolly Battory View Post
    It's a reference,
    Spoiler:
    the Blackmore cemetery was there before Morgan came and stablished the ritual to revive Artoria and form the cult that was to carry it on to completion. The family in charge of the cemetery are supposed to be distant relatives of Blackmore who took his name alongside the mission of taking care of the place, they also are the ones that allowed Morgan to settle her ritual there. Besides Morgan deciding to use that land for her ritual, there isn't any clear connection stablished between Arthurian mythos and Blackmore, since it seems he was death by the time they took place.
    Gray's connection with Artoria and her village being "the place of a famous cemetery" were misdirections on the narrative before the reveal the cemetery was Blackmore's and that he is death in Fate worlds.

In the end, Sanda (the author) just had his share of fun revealing the backstories for some of the DAA members in Fate worlds and that's why he used a couple of them on Case Files (And who knows, probably will bring a couple more on Adventures)