Page 141 of 367 FirstFirst ... 4191131136139140141142143146151191241 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,820 of 7331

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

A.K.A. Rick, apparently realcasually's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    ...OH SHIT IT STARTED I TOTALLY FORGOT, WHO THE HELL DO I HAVE I CAN PULL OUT FOR THIS

Prompt's not up my usual alley. I don't know if I've got much for this one... I'll have to do some digging. I've got some fallback ideas but they're a little messy, so we'll see what ends up coming out. Hopefully it's something, I'd hate for this to be the contest I don't get to enter in time. Here's hopin'!

sorry, kay, back in your corner again. stop crying, you're used to being forgotten about-- oops

Blog Entries
    Good thing Leaders is something no country has shortage of.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Master_Therion View Post
    Good thing Leaders is something no country has shortage of.
    A true statement. My ideas on how to do anything interesting with them? A very different story.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by realcasually View Post
    A true statement. My ideas on how to do anything interesting with them? A very different story.
    True. I do have an interesting idea but while it technically is a leader, it does not show its leadership qualities, so Im working on another servant.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Alright, I think I got something. It's a bit of a stretch, but it's all I have in my head that qualifies. Maybe I'll be struck by inspiration for a second one when this is typed up, but... Well, to the drawing board either way!

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I'm putting together a servant for this contest, but I can't find a face claim that I think works with my servant. Where do you guys get your face claims? Because I can never seem to find good face claims when trying to put together servants.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spammin Spiff View Post
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I'm putting together a servant for this contest, but I can't find a face claim that I think works with my servant. Where do you guys get your face claims? Because I can never seem to find good face claims when trying to put together servants.
    Danbooru and Zerochan are where I usually look. But yeah, it can be hard sometimes finding a FC that fits your expectations.

Blog Entries
    Pinterest is also a good place, as much as i despise them asking for account.

Blog Entries
    Pinterest is also a good place, as much as i despise them asking for account.
    I literally got a Pinterest account specifically for finding and saving possible faceclaims. Very useful, but I feel like my mother only with less saved recipes.

Archer of Conquest

Class: Archer (Ruler)
    Alignment: Lawful / Neutral

Faceclaim

Info

True Name: Memhed II
    Nicknames: The Golden Eagle, King of Conquest
    Height: 6’4
    Weight: 235 lbs
    Origin: History
    Region: Persia
    Catalyst: a cannon ball from the fall of Constantinople
    Talents: military tactician, world leader
    Armament: twin Basilic Cannons attached to a mobile wing pack
    Natural Enemy:

Stats and Deck

STR: A
    END: B
    AGI: B
    MAG: C-
    LCK: A

Buster - Buster - Buster - Quick - Arts

Class and Personal Skills

Class Skills

Magic Resistance (C):
    A skill that denotes a Servant’s ability to resist or cancel magic. At this rank Archer is to cancel or reduce the effects of lower level thaumaturgy and lower rituals.

Independent Action (A): the ability to remain independent and sustain a physical form without the use of mana gained from an outside source particularly a master. This is an intrinsic skill of the Archer class. At this rank Servants are able to function without the need of a master however, the use of a servant’s noble phantasm or other great magical energy expending action would require an out side mana source. At this rank servants are able to keep physical and spiritual form without the help of a master for about a week.

Personal Skills

Thunder Conqueror (EX): the unique skill intrinsic to Archer. Awarded to him in recognition for his nickname “King of Conquest”. While the king of Conquerors, Iskandar, was given the Lightning Conqueror skill in recognition for his legend of conquering the Mediterranean so quickly, Archer was given the sister skill in recognition of the thunderous booms of his signature armament during his conquests. The sublimation of the force behind a strike of lightning, this skill allows the servant to control and create massive sound based shockwaves given in the form of a Mana Burst skill. In addition, this skill provides Archer with the NP Damage Up and Critical Up skills, as well as applies a stun to opposing servants when activated.

Conquest Tactics Artillery (A+): A skill given to a Servant in recognition of their mastery of military tactics, with this variant in particular the servant is given a boost when using attacks involving artillery. New advancement in history demanded that those with imperialistic dreams needed to stay one step ahead,this skill provides a servant with long range techniques the ability to fire bullets or other forms artillery with even more destructive force. This variation of the skill allows Archer to fire Mana filled Cannon balls, allowing this form of artillery the ability to injure other servants. At its core this skill provides a strength increase to a Servants’s Noble Phantasm.

Imperial Privilege (A): A skill given to a Servant in recognition of their title and their part in an imperial Dynasty. In particular, this skill grants Archer Arts, Charisma, riding, Tactics, as well as sharpshooting. Servants given this skill will display a regal aura both in an out of battle regardless of their Rank of the Presence Concealment skill.

Noble Phantasms

Basilic Kostantiniye

Anti-Fortress Noble Phantasm (A)
    Targets: 1-100
    A Noble Phantasm that, as claimed by Archer, is created by the very concept of conquest itself. Drawing upon the the desires and dreams of victory of those warriors past, present and future as its power source, Archer is able to convert these wishes into pure mana that he then fires from his bastion of Basilic Cannons.

Once deployed, this noble phantasm opens anywhere between 1-51 portals behind Archer. Archer is then able to materialize his signature Basilic cannons from these portals in order to fire mana from them.

This Noble Phantasm gains it’s legend and name from the infamous fall of Constantinople, now modern day Istanbul. Where during a 53 day siege, the addition of the Basilic Cannons to the ottoman’s siege efforts finals broke through the walls of the last stronghold of the Holy Roman Empire. After such an event, Archer proclaimed that his new Cannons could break through the walls of Babylon itself.

Background

The Great Eagle of the Ottomans flaps it’s wings letting his thunderous presence be know. For he was born for greatness and the legacy that his conquest brings shall topple walls even greater than Babylon…

Born the son of a sultan and thrust into a position of power at a young age, the world did not just ask for all of Archer but demanded it.

Given the opportunity to rule the then small ottoman nation around the age of 14, Archer, unfortunately stepped on the wrong feet s few to many times and was forced out of the role of king while his father took over once again. This event lead many to believe Archer would turn out to be a dud leader and future sultan of the ottoman nation. Archer instead of internalizing this and worry about, took action and began preparing for the next opportunity.

Finally after the death of his father, Archer quickly took this capital of the Ottoman Nation before any other challenger could arrive and knew that he he had to hold the title this time.

After gaining the throne, Archer set his eyes towards Constantinople. After 2 years of preparation and a 53 days siege, Archer was finally able to start his conquest by taking the city through the strategic use of his signature artillery the Basilic cannon. He then used the city to serve as the new capital of his new Ottoman Empire.

Personality

Personality:
    The son of the previous sultan, Archer was grew up knowing the pressure of filling an aging monarchs shoes. Archer had to grow up fast early in life due to his Father’s retiring, and ultimate death, all before the age of 21, as such Archer quickly learned how to maneuver through the world stage and how to control his military might.

Both in ability and personality Archer is a jubilant and boisterous individual but not to the point of making a mockery of himself. Through his personality and booming voice he tend to become center stage due to overwhelming aura. As Archer puts it, “it’s simply his regal aura”.

While Archer does make a big deal about it upon first meeting him, he is in fact a huge Romaboo. Outwardly he designs his hair similar to his favorite Roman figure Romulus Quirinus . He tends to hide this quirk at first due to the reception his fascination for Roman culture has garnered from his advisors. Though he does not truly care he but Archer does understand how it looks for an Emperor to fascinate so much over another nations culture. One of Archer’s desires, and reasons for wanting to take Constantinople was so that he could be Caesar and lead a new Roman Empire. While he did accomplish this goal his desire to become Caesar never took hold much to his internal dismay.

Blog Entries
    A pair of Chaldea mages entered the summoning area carrying stacks of papers. They were followed close behind by a Benkei holding a large crate. They got situated and started drawing out their summoning circle, occasionally checking their notes to make sure everything was in order.

“You think this will work?”

“If Ritsuka’s reports are to be believed, the deified emperor should be accessible through the FATE system. Benkei, place the catalyst!”

The Lancer begrudgingly opened the crate and placed a large, stonelike club into the center of the summoning circle. One of the mages looked nervously at the other.

“We might just wind up summoning the big guy.”

“Our guy claims to be a descendant of him. If our research is correct, success is well within the realm of possibility. Besides, if it doesn’t work the worst we’ll get is a powerful Servant anyways. And maybe some black keys…”

“I’m sick of always rolling black keys.”

They began their summoning spell…

After the brief lightshow the room had filled with smoke. A distinct silhouette could be seen through the haze.

“Looks like we summoned Herc this time. Darn. Aw well, check the parameters anyways for anomalies.”

“Ugh sir...that’s not Herc.”

“Huh?”

The smoke cleared and before them stood a figure that was only a fraction of the imposing image of the mighty Heracles. He was, however, wearing a rough approximation of the Greek hero’s clothes.

“Why yes, I know the family resemblance is strong, but I am not my ancient cousin.”

“Sir, it’s a Ruler class!”

“Did...did we succeed?”

“Why yes indeed, I am a Ruler. Oh hey…”

The servant picked the club off the ground.

“Why, I sent my wisest philosophers in search of this here relic. Oh what I would have given to own this in life.”

“Who sends a philosopher to do a historian’s job?”

Ruler rested the club on his shoulder and attempted to pose heroically.

“Now, as my first decree this room shall be renamed in my honour!"

“And...uh...what is your name?”

Ruler smiled and took a deep breath...

(base form)

(first ascension)

"Within me flows the blood of Olympus. See my outfit? That is proof enough!"

The King of Cosplayers

Class: Ruler
    Other Classes: Archer, Saber, Berserker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Origin: Historical Fact

Height: 178 cm (5’8)
    Weight: 98 kg (216 lbs)

Natural Enemy: Romulus (though he is unaware of this fact)
    Attribute: Man
    Trait: Human, Servant, Weak to Enuma Elish
    Armament: Club, Sword, Bow, Spear

Parameters

STR: C+

END: C

AGI: C

MANA: C

LUCK: D

NP: C+

Class Skills

Magic Resistance (A):
    Ruler has Magic Resistance on par with high-tier Sabers, but he cannot cope with the holy sacraments of the Church.

A god should be untouchable to the work of mages. Emphasis on the 'should be'.

True Name Discernment (C): During a direct encounter, a Servant’s True name will be automatically revealed. Servants with concealment abilities require a moderate Luck Check. Additional information revealed requires additional successful Luck checks.

A mythology buff like me should have no problem identify many great heroes.

God’s Resolution (D): Typical of a Ruler, Ruler possesses the right to use Command Seals on Servants. At this low rank the Grail only sees fit to grant him one Command Seal for each participating Servant.

Honestly I'm surprised the Grail trusts me with any sort of responsibility.

Divinity (E+): Claimed to be a descendant of Jupiter and the reincarnation of Heracles. No evidence exists supporting either of these claims. Despite this he receives a “+” modifier due to the many “divine” images he created for himself.

I worked very hard on these outfits, I deserve some credit!

Bond 1
    An emperor born soon after the end of the Age of Gods. Although he was once lauded as the golden son of his father’s empire, upon inheriting the throne it was apparent his father’s wisdom had not been passed onto him. Hastily ending a war with a foreign army, he spent the rest of his reign living in opulence and satiating his vices. One wonders how such a licentious person would qualify for the Ruler container. His reign, while wrought with political turmoil, was relatively peaceful and free from war. His empire’s descent into self-destruction happened after his death. Thus Ruler was a great “preserver of peace and security” through the bread and circuses he hosted for the plebeian masses.

Bond 2
    Source: Historical Fact
    Region: Rome
    Dislikes: Politics
    Talents: Boasting, Putting his name on things
    Catalyst: The club of Heracles

Insists on being referred to by one, if not all, of his twelve names.

Bond 3
    Unbecoming of an emperor, Ruler rejected his father’s teachings as soon as the throne was his and his alone. He delegated much of the governance of Rome to his prefects. The time he would have spent creating and implementing policy was instead used to indulge his interests and stroke his ego. As his reign went on he became increasingly more unhinged and more despotic to the point where his own senators conspired to kill him. It has been said that he reduced his kingdom of gold down to one of iron and rust.

Bond 4
    Personal Skills

All of the Months will be Named after Me (A+): The manifestation of Ruler’s egomania. It was not just the months of the year he named after himself, but also the very city he ruled and all the people within it as well. He also possesses an anecdote where he altered the Colossus of Nero to look like himself dressed as Heracles. It is a skill that supplants one foundation with another. Whatever is left of the original is of a much lower quality than what was started with. Foundations from other legends of the Roman and Greek textures can be taken and used, with some caveats. This is the skill of one who declares himself “the new Romulus”.

I have a Grand Lancer costume as well. I’ll go put it on!

Imperial Privilege (Despot) (A): Taught by the best tutors available to the son of the Roman Emperor, much of this education was thrown away when he came of age in favour of abusing and sacrificing his servants to gain knowledge. Relevant skills include Riding, Archery, Arts, Charisma, Torture Technique, Gladiator, and Discernment of the Poor.

Behold my grand performance! I assure you I was undefeated in the Amphitheatre! The people loved me!

Septem Colles (D): A Skill based on the seven hills of Roma where the famous city was founded. Confers blessings to those Ruler recognizes as his “children”. Functionally identical to the skill possessed by the true founder, though much less potent. Since Ruler himself is also a Roman Emperor, this skill is recursive and applies to him as well.

Ok I have it on. How do I look? I know, I’m the spitting image of him, right?
    (final ascension)

Bond 5
    Noble Phantasms

Exsuperatorius
    ~Commodus~

Type: Commodus (Barrier)
    Range: Variable
    Max. Targets: Variable

One of the many titles held by the Roman Emperor Commodus. Translated it means “the supreme”. Such was Commodus’ ego that one of his titles constitutes a Noble Phantasm, embodying the Emperor’s vanity and blood thirsty disposition. Use of this Noble Phantasm immediately reveals Ruler's True Identity, though given his vanity he likely already revealed it before having the chance to deploy it.

This is the true form of this Noble Phantasm. A reduced form exists in another Saint Graph, but this one is the genuine article. Although their functions might differ, they are both conceptually the same thing: “one who doesn’t fight on an even playing field and always wins”. The aberrant version requires physical bodies to activate. This one is powered by Ruler’s ego alone.

Ruler never entered a situation he wasn't safe from. The Noble Phantasm of one who manipulates circumstances to always come out on top, a rigger of games. When he threw himself into the arena, gladiators would refuse to fight him with all their strength. When facing vicious beasts he would loose arrows upon them from the safety of a raised platform. A man protected by his own self-love, upon activation a sanguine barrier appears around Ruler’s body. Conceptually it enforces the concept of “Commodus” upon Ruler. As long as the barrier’s mana cost is maintained, all physical damage done to Ruler will be negated. After a short delay, a conceptual attack of “Commodus must not be harmed; Commodus never loses” of equivalent rank is reflected back at the target. In addition to physical damage, it renders battle conditions “favourable to Commodus” granting him temporary rank up to all parameters except Mana.

The barrier is not invincible. A strong enough concentrated attack can break through it. Its mana upkeep is also quite substantial, it’s use only being a last resort in an already dire situation. Ruler also has to scout the oncoming attack before deploying the barrier, making sneak attacks quite effective. This is the only Noble Phantasm in Ruler’s possession that is truly his own, for the only thing he ever produced in life was his “name”.

Magna Voluisse Malus
    ~All Things Come to an End~

Type: Anti-Rome
    Range: 1~99
    Max. Targets: 900

A Noble Phantasm that is, in essence, the same as the Spear of Nation Building. Once a great tree, symbolizing Rome itself as it appeared in the dream of an ancient mother. Now the soil that was once fertile has been neglected. No new roots can take hold anymore. If Remus' blood is foundational, Ruler's blood is "anti-foundational". His spilled blood signalled the end of Rome as a civilization.

A powerful, though fragile weapon, the “spear of beginning” is nearing its end. Like an old wolf nearing the end of its life, it strikes with the ferocity of one who is not long for this world and therefore does not care to preserve oneself. The ability to freely manipulate plants has been sealed so it just functions as an overly-large spear. However it’s functions can temporarily be restored through a True Name release where it will transform into the “tree that is Rome, past/present/future”. The mighty tree will be rendered in a Broken state, raising it’s rank back up to its original level and beyond, washing away the target with wave after wave before catching fire and collapsing in an uncontrollable inferno. The anecdote of Rome’s “second founding” after a great blaze took her made manifest. After the True Name release, this Noble Phantasm is sealed away just as Rome’s glory was forever lost. This is the "spear of nation collapse".

Nine Li(v)es
    ~Shooting the Ostrich Heads~

Type: Unknown
    Range: “As the occasion demands.”

A combat technique devised by Heracles, his most trusted Noble Phantasm. Ruler claims ownership of a reduced version as he (tried to) embody Heracles in life. As a hunter he fought off vicious beasts (from the safety of a balcony). As a warrior he went toe-to-toe with mighty warriors (in rigged matches where he always won). As a Ruler he showed great generosity by showering his people in riches and hosting lavish festivals (which nearly bankrupted his whole Empire). As a “divine-being” he commanded the respect of his worshippers (by dressing up as gods and other mythological characters making a fool of himself).

This “all-purpose” Noble Phantasm is capable of adapting and changing depending on the target and circumstances. It is a technique that “exterminates no matter how many times his opponent resurrects”. Lacking the training necessary to do all nine overlapping strikes, the best Ruler can muster is 3. The movements used resemble a child flailing a toy around. Ruler favoured many weapons, but was not particularly competent with any of them. Regardless, this technique can be transmitted through a bow, a club or a sword, according to the situation. A devastating technique when the opponent doesn’t know what to expect in an initial encounter.

Being the most competent with a bow, Ruler prefers to use this technique as a volley of projectiles that are accurate enough to cleave the head off of an ostrich.

Bond 6
    Ruler's true identity is Commodus, the last emperor of Rome's golden age before it's downfall.

His full name is Lucius Aelius Aurelius Commodus Augustus Herculeus Romanus Exsuperatorius Amazonius Invictus Felix Pius. Born to the wise philosopher-king, Marcus Aurelius, Ruler was being prepared to take the throne and rule the Roman Empire since he was very young. He accompanied his father on several campaigns and had become very worldly and just, and was deemed competent enough to rule alongside his father. However, it was rumoured that his retainers whispered about the luxury of palace life. History tells us that Ruler had participated in the defense of Rome. However, the perception of him being a coward who hastily signed a peace treaty so he could waste away in the palace has overwritten what little good qualities the historical person might have had. After a fire burned down large parts of the city, he began to rebuild Rome in his own image, renaming it alongside the people, the soldiers, and the days of the month. Rome has ceased to exist and became "Commodus".

Pursuing personal interests and pleasures over political goals, Ruler had the audacity to enter himself in the Amphitheatre and fight as a gladiator. Embodying the mythical Heracles, he rigged great victories for himself and paid himself handsomely out of his empire’s own coffers, making him the most highly paid “gladiator” in history. Paranoid about a potential conspiracy, one anecdote featured him beheading an ostrich and then waving it at the Senators who had attended the spectacle as a not-so thinly veiled threat. The Senators, not at all scared, chewed on their laurels to stop themselves from laughing.

His paranoia was not unfounded as many of his inner circle wanted him dead. His mistress was the one who finally managed to realise his demise. After failing to poison him, she convinced his sparring partner to strangle him to death while in the bath. For such a man who fancied himself a demigod he had such an unromantic death. To exonerate those involved he was declared “de facto damnatio memoriae”. The name Rome was restored and his statues were torn down. However, the damage had been done. Ruler’s death marked the “beginning of the end” for Rome as the sun set on its golden age and it began it’s slow descent.

Ruler was the embodiment of a hapless figure-head living in the lap of luxury while the rest of society around him crumbles.

An interesting note is that he was once speculated to be War, the Red Horseman of the Apocalypse. While he was certainly a harbinger for his own society, he cannot be implicated in the End of the World. The title of “the Being of Red” is owned by another Heroic Spirit.

Bond 7
    Personality

Befitting a sheltered, privileged man, Ruler is rather naive about the world around him. He believes anyone he comes across is somehow one of his subjects and will expect them to wait on him. Even to a random passerby on the street he will assertively, though politely, ask favours of them. He takes rejection rather well as even when rejected he just assumes they have other more important duties to attend to. It is unlikely he will ask them a second time since he gets bored easily and has a short attention span

Ruler thinks extremely highly of himself and considers himself a “great hero”. He sees himself on par with Gilgamesh, Heracles, Romulus and other high-tier spirits and will interact with them as if he were one of their peers. Such powerful spirits find his presence annoying as he acts like a fanboy that can’t keep his excitement in check.

Although outwardly friendly and generous, Ruler has a dark side. He likes to indulge his hedonism behind closed doors and has morbid curiosity. If he can gain access to animal carcasses he will examine them thoroughly, pretending to gain insights.

In his spare time he likes to drink, party and play dressup. He is rather fond of his cosplay and likes to dress up as the other heroes in Chaldea. Heracles and Romulus are his favourites (much to their chagrin). Having been summoned in the modern era he has taken a liking to civilisation building games. However, he is quite bad at them.

As a Ruler he can never obtain the Grail. If he were summoned in another container his wish would be for “Rome to be restored to the conditions it was in before he took the throne”. Despite his ignorance it seems deep down he is aware that he was an incompetent ruler.

Bond 8
    Quotes

“Greetings Master! I am the servant Ruler. You may call me Lucius Aelius Aurelius Commodus Augustus Hercul-hey! Don’t go falling asleep on me. If that’s too much of a mouthful you can just call me Commodus. I am the hero, protector and emperor of Colonia Lucia Annia Commodiana. Isn’t that cool or what?...Oh, you might know it as Rome.”

(to Heracles, approx. 1 minute before being throttled)
    “Hey cuz, what’s up? Isn’t it great we’re both descendants of Jupiter? So whatcha do today? Fight some monsters? Kill some bandits? We should hang out sometimes. Look, see, I’m dressed up just like you. Y’know I wanted to grow up to be like you when I was younger. Hey, wanna go grab some lunch? I’m starving. I think we should go get some….”

(to Romulus/Romulus-Quirinus)
    “Yo, Rommy my man! How are you doing? Y’know I just found this great civ game we could play later. Oh what’s that? You’re gonna be busy? That’s fine I guess…”

(to Julius Caesar)
    “We are kindred spirits, you and I. Both of us were stabbed in the back by people we thought we could trust. Mood, honestly.”

(to Caligula)
    “You lost your mind as well as the love of the people. I was crazy but at least the public cheered my name.”

(to Nero)
    “Hey sorry about what I did to your statue. Y’know I look up to you. We cool?”

Bond 9

Craft Essence
    Fall of Rome

“Can you really blame me for all this?”
    “I wasn’t even around to see most of it.”
    “I know I made an ass of myself…”
    “But all I wanted to do was have fun and be called a ‘Hero’.”

Author Notes

Hercules
    Hero of song and story
    Hercules
    Winner of ancient glory
    Fighting for the right
    Fighting with his might
    With the strength of ten
    Ordinary men
    Hercules
    People are safe when near him
    Hercules
    Only the evil fear him
    Softness in eyes
    Iron in thighs
    Virtue in his heart
    Fire in every part
    Of the mighty…
    Hercules!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NittyGritty View Post
    A pair of Chaldea mages entered the summoning area carrying stacks of papers. They were followed close behind by a Benkei holding a large crate. They got situated and started drawing out their summoning circle, occasionally checking their notes to make sure everything was in order.

“You think this will work?”

“If Ritsuka’s reports are to be believed, the deified emperor should be accessible through the FATE system. Benkei, place the catalyst!”

The Lancer begrudgingly opened the crate and placed a large, stonelike club into the center of the summoning circle. One of the mages looked nervously at the other.

“We might just wind up summoning the big guy.”

“Our guy claims to be a descendant of him. If our research is correct, success is well within the realm of possibility. Besides, if it doesn’t work the worst we’ll get is a powerful Servant anyways. And maybe some black keys…”

“I’m sick of always rolling black keys.”

They began their summoning spell…

After the brief lightshow the room had filled with smoke. A distinct silhouette could be seen through the haze.

“Looks like we summoned Herc this time. Darn. Aw well, check the parameters anyways for anomalies.”

“Ugh sir...that’s not Herc.”

“Huh?”

The smoke cleared and before them stood a figure that was only a fraction of the imposing image of the mighty Heracles. He was, however, wearing a rough approximation of the Greek hero’s clothes.

“Why yes, I know the family resemblance is strong, but I am not my ancient cousin.”

“Sir, it’s a Ruler class!”

“Did...did we succeed?”

“Why yes indeed, I am a Ruler. Oh hey…”

The servant picked the club off the ground.

“Why, I sent my wisest philosophers in search of this here relic. Oh what I would have given to own this in life.”

“Who sends a philosopher to do a historian’s job?”

Ruler rested the club on his shoulder and attempted to pose heroically.

“Now, as my first decree this room shall be renamed in my honour!"

“And...uh...what is your name?”

Ruler smiled and took a deep breath...

(base form)

(first ascension)

"Within me flows the blood of Olympus. See my outfit? That is proof enough!"

The King of Cosplayers

Class: Ruler
    Other Classes: Archer, Saber, Berserker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Origin: Historical Fact

Height: 178 cm (5’8)
    Weight: 98 kg (216 lbs)

Natural Enemy: Romulus (though he is unaware of this fact)
    Attribute: Man
    Trait: Human, Servant, Weak to Enuma Elish
    Armament: Club, Sword, Bow, Spear

Parameters

STR: C+

END: C

AGI: C

MANA: C

LUCK: D

NP: C+

Class Skills

Magic Resistance (A):
    Ruler has Magic Resistance on par with high-tier Sabers, but he cannot cope with the holy sacraments of the Church.

A god should be untouchable to the work of mages. Emphasis on the 'should be'.

True Name Discernment (C): During a direct encounter, a Servant’s True name will be automatically revealed. Servants with concealment abilities require a moderate Luck Check. Additional information revealed requires additional successful Luck checks.

A mythology buff like me should have no problem identify many great heroes.

God’s Resolution (D): Typical of a Ruler, Ruler possesses the right to use Command Seals on Servants. At this low rank the Grail only sees fit to grant him one Command Seal for each participating Servant.

Honestly I'm surprised the Grail trusts me with any sort of responsibility.

Divinity (E+): Claimed to be a descendant of Jupiter and the reincarnation of Heracles. No evidence exists supporting either of these claims. Despite this he receives a “+” modifier due to the many “divine” images he created for himself.

I worked very hard on these outfits, I deserve some credit!

Bond 1
    An emperor born soon after the end of the Age of Gods. Although he was once lauded as the golden son of his father’s empire, upon inheriting the throne it was apparent his father’s wisdom had not been passed onto him. Hastily ending a war with a foreign army, he spent the rest of his reign living in opulence and satiating his vices. One wonders how such a licentious person would qualify for the Ruler container. His reign, while wrought with political turmoil, was relatively peaceful and free from war. His empire’s descent into self-destruction happened after his death. Thus Ruler was a great “preserver of peace and security” through the bread and circuses he hosted for the plebeian masses.

Bond 2
    Source: Historical Fact
    Region: Rome
    Dislikes: Politics
    Talents: Boasting, Putting his name on things
    Catalyst: The club of Heracles

Insists on being referred to by one, if not all, of his twelve names.

Bond 3
    Unbecoming of an emperor, Ruler rejected his father’s teachings as soon as the throne was his and his alone. He delegated much of the governance of Rome to his prefects. The time he would have spent creating and implementing policy was instead used to indulge his interests and stroke his ego. As his reign went on he became increasingly more unhinged and more despotic to the point where his own senators conspired to kill him. It has been said that he reduced his kingdom of gold down to one of iron and rust.

Bond 4
    Personal Skills

All of the Months will be Named after Me (A+): The manifestation of Ruler’s egomania. It was not just the months of the year he named after himself, but also the very city he ruled and all the people within it as well. He also possesses an anecdote where he altered the Colossus of Nero to look like himself dressed as Heracles. It is a skill that supplants one foundation with another. Whatever is left of the original is of a much lower quality than what was started with. Foundations from other legends of the Roman and Greek textures can be taken and used, with some caveats. This is the skill of one who declares himself “the new Romulus”.

I have a Grand Lancer costume as well. I’ll go put it on!

Imperial Privilege (Despot) (A): Taught by the best tutors available to the son of the Roman Emperor, much of this education was thrown away when he came of age in favour of abusing and sacrificing his servants to gain knowledge. Relevant skills include Riding, Archery, Arts, Charisma, Torture Technique, Gladiator, and Discernment of the Poor.

Behold my grand performance! I assure you I was undefeated in the Amphitheatre! The people loved me!

Septem Colles (D): A Skill based on the seven hills of Roma where the famous city was founded. Confers blessings to those Ruler recognizes as his “children”. Functionally identical to the skill possessed by the true founder, though much less potent. Since Ruler himself is also a Roman Emperor, this skill is recursive and applies to him as well.

Ok I have it on. How do I look? I know, I’m the spitting image of him, right?
    (final ascension)

Bond 5
    Noble Phantasms

Exsuperatorius
    ~Commodus~

Type: Commodus (Barrier)
    Range: Variable

One of the many titles held by the Roman Emperor Commodus. Translated it means “the supreme”. Such was Commodus’ ego that one of his titles constitutes a Noble Phantasm, embodying the Emperor’s vanity and blood thirsty disposition. Use of this Noble Phantasm immediately reveals Ruler's True Identity, though given his vanity he likely already revealed it before having the chance to deploy it.

This is the true form of this Noble Phantasm. A reduced form exists in another Saint Graph, but this one is the genuine article. Although their functions might differ, they are both conceptually the same thing: “one who doesn’t fight on an even playing field and always wins”. The aberrant version requires physical bodies to activate. This one is powered by Ruler’s ego alone.

Ruler never entered a situation he wasn't safe from. The Noble Phantasm of one who manipulates circumstances to always come out on top, a rigger of games. When he threw himself into the arena, gladiators would refuse to fight him with all their strength. When facing vicious beasts he would loose arrows upon them from the safety of a raised platform. A man protected by his own self-love, upon activation a sanguine barrier appears around Ruler’s body. Conceptually it enforces the concept of “Commodus” upon Ruler. As long as the barrier’s mana cost is maintained, all physical damage done to Ruler will be negated. After a short delay, a conceptual attack of “Commodus must not be harmed; Commodus never loses” of equivalent rank is reflected back at the target. In addition to physical damage, it renders battle conditions “favourable to Commodus” granting him temporary rank up to all parameters except Mana.

The barrier is not invincible. A strong enough concentrated attack can break through it. Its mana upkeep is also quite substantial, it’s use only being a last resort in an already dire situation. Ruler also has to scout the oncoming attack before deploying the barrier, making sneak attacks quite effective. This is the only Noble Phantasm in Ruler’s possession that is truly his own, for the only thing he ever produced in life was his “name”.

Magna Voluisse Malus
    ~All Things Come to an End~

Type: Anti-Rome
    Range: 1~99
    Max. Targets: 900

A Noble Phantasm that is, in essence, the same as the Spear of Nation Building. Once a great tree, symbolizing Rome itself as it appeared in the dream of an ancient mother. Now the soil that was once fertile has been neglected. No new roots can take hold anymore. If Remus' blood is foundational, Ruler's blood is "anti-foundational". His spilled blood signalled the end of Rome as a civilization.

A powerful, though fragile weapon, the “spear of beginning” is nearing its end. Like an old wolf nearing the end of its life, it strikes with the ferocity of one who is not long for this world and therefore does not care to preserve oneself. The ability to freely manipulate plants has been sealed so it just functions as an overly-large spear. However it’s functions can temporarily be restored through a True Name release where it will transform into the “tree that is Rome, past/present/future”. The mighty tree will be rendered in a Broken state, raising it’s rank back up to its original level and beyond, washing away the target with wave after wave before catching fire and collapsing in an uncontrollable inferno. The anecdote of Rome’s “second founding” after a great blaze took her made manifest. After the True Name release, this Noble Phantasm is sealed away just as Rome’s glory was forever lost. This is the "spear of nation collapse".

Nine Li(v)es
    ~Shooting the Ostrich Heads~

Type: Unknown
    Range: “As the occasion demands.”

A combat technique devised by Heracles, his most trusted Noble Phantasm. Ruler claims ownership of a reduced version as he (tried to) embody Heracles in life. As a hunter he fought off vicious beasts (from the safety of a balcony). As a warrior he went toe-to-toe with mighty warriors (in rigged matches where he always won). As a Ruler he showed great generosity by showering his people in riches and hosting lavish festivals (which nearly bankrupted his whole Empire). As a “divine-being” he commanded the respect of his worshippers (by dressing up as gods and other mythological characters making a fool of himself).

This “all-purpose” Noble Phantasm is capable of adapting and changing depending on the target and circumstances. It is a technique that “exterminates no matter how many times his opponent resurrects”. Lacking the training necessary to do all nine overlapping strikes, the best Ruler can muster is 3. The movements used resemble a child flailing a toy around. Ruler favoured many weapons, but was not particularly competent with any of them. Regardless, this technique can be transmitted through a bow, a club or a sword, according to the situation. A devastating technique when the opponent doesn’t know what to expect in an initial encounter.

Being the most competent with a bow, Ruler prefers to use this technique as a volley of projectiles that are accurate enough to cleave the head off of an ostrich.

Bond 6
    Ruler's true identity is Commodus, the last emperor of Rome's golden age before it's downfall.

His full name is Lucius Aelius Aurelius Commodus Augustus Herculeus Romanus Exsuperatorius Amazonius Invictus Felix Pius. Born to the wise philosopher-king, Marcus Aurelius, Ruler was being prepared to take the throne and rule the Roman Empire since he was very young. He accompanied his father on several campaigns and had become very worldly and just, and was deemed competent enough to rule alongside his father. However, it was rumoured that his retainers whispered about the luxury of palace life. History tells us that Ruler had participated in the defense of Rome. However, the perception of him being a coward who hastily signed a peace treaty so he could waste away in the palace has overwritten what little good qualities the historical person might have had. After a fire burned down large parts of the city, he began to rebuild Rome in his own image, renaming it alongside the people, the soldiers, and the days of the month. Rome has ceased to exist and became "Commodus".

Pursuing personal interests and pleasures over political goals, Ruler had the audacity to enter himself in the Amphitheatre and fight as a gladiator. Embodying the mythical Heracles, he rigged great victories for himself and paid himself handsomely out of his empire’s own coffers, making him the most highly paid “gladiator” in history. Paranoid about a potential conspiracy, one anecdote featured him beheading an ostrich and then waving it at the Senators who had attended the spectacle as a not-so thinly veiled threat. The Senators, not at all scared, chewed on their laurels to stop themselves from laughing.

His paranoia was not unfounded as many of his inner circle wanted him dead. His mistress was the one who finally managed to realise his demise. After failing to poison him, she convinced his sparring partner to strangle him to death while in the bath. For such a man who fancied himself a demigod he had such an unromantic death. To exonerate those involved he was declared “de facto damnatio memoriae”. The name Rome was restored and his statues were torn down. However, the damage had been done. Ruler’s death marked the “beginning of the end” for Rome as the sun set on its golden age and it began it’s slow descent.

Ruler was the embodiment of a hapless figure-head living in the lap of luxury while the rest of society around him crumbles.

An interesting note is that he was once speculated to be War, the Red Horseman of the Apocalypse. While he was certainly a harbinger for his own society, he cannot be implicated in the End of the World. The title of “the Being of Red” is owned by another Heroic Spirit.

Bond 7
    Personality

Befitting a sheltered, privileged man, Ruler is rather naive about the world around him. He believes anyone he comes across is somehow one of his subjects and will expect them to wait on him. Even to a random passerby on the street he will assertively, though politely, ask favours of them. He takes rejection rather well as even when rejected he just assumes they have other more important duties to attend to. It is unlikely he will ask them a second time since he gets bored easily and has a short attention span

Ruler thinks extremely highly of himself and considers himself a “great hero”. He sees himself on par with Gilgamesh, Heracles, Romulus and other high-tier spirits and will interact with them as if he were one of their peers. Such powerful spirits find his presence annoying as he acts like a fanboy that can’t keep his excitement in check.

Although outwardly friendly and generous, Ruler has a dark side. He likes to indulge his hedonism behind closed doors and has morbid curiosity. If he can gain access to animal carcasses he will examine them thoroughly, pretending to gain insights.

In his spare time he likes to drink, party and play dressup. He is rather fond of his cosplay and likes to dress up as the other heroes in Chaldea. Heracles and Romulus are his favourites (much to their chagrin). Having been summoned in the modern era he has taken a liking to civilisation building games. However, he is quite bad at them.

As a Ruler he can never obtain the Grail. If he were summoned in another container his wish would be for “Rome to be restored to the conditions it was in before he took the throne”. Despite his ignorance it seems deep down he is aware that he was an incompetent ruler.

Bond 8
    Quotes

“Greetings Master! I am the servant Ruler. You may call me Lucius Aelius Aurelius Commodus Augustus Hercul-hey! Don’t go falling asleep on me. If that’s too much of a mouthful you can just call me Commodus. I am the hero, protector and emperor of Colonia Lucia Annia Commodiana. Isn’t that cool or what?...Oh, you might know it as Rome.”

(to Heracles, approx. 1 minute before being throttled)
    “Hey cuz, what’s up? Isn’t it great we’re both descendants of Jupiter? So whatcha do today? Fight some monsters? Kill some bandits? We should hang out sometimes. Look, see, I’m dressed up just like you. Y’know I wanted to grow up to be like you when I was younger. Hey, wanna go grab some lunch? I’m starving. I think we should go get some….”

(to Romulus/Romulus-Quirinus)
    “Yo, Rommy my man! How are you doing? Y’know I just found this great civ game we could play later. Oh what’s that? You’re gonna be busy? That’s fine I guess…”

(to Julius Caesar)
    “We are kindred spirits, you and I. Both of us were stabbed in the back by people we thought we could trust. Mood, honestly.”

(to Caligula)
    “You lost your mind as well as the love of the people. I was crazy but at least the public cheered my name.”

(to Nero)
    “Hey sorry about what I did to your statue. Y’know I look up to you. We cool?”

Bond 9

Craft Essence
    Fall of Rome

“Can you really blame me for all this?”
    “I wasn’t even around to see most of it.”
    “I know I made an ass of myself…”
    “But all I wanted to do was have fun and be called a ‘Hero’.”

Author Notes

Hercules
    Hero of song and story
    Hercules
    Winner of ancient glory
    Fighting for the right
    Fighting with his might
    With the strength of ten
    Ordinary men
    Hercules
    People are safe when near him
    Hercules
    Only the evil fear him
    Softness in eyes
    Iron in thighs
    Virtue in his heart
    Fire in every part
    Of the mighty…
    Hercules!
    You desired my opinion I will give it I pity this pathetic child it would not be far off to say his spent his life imprisoned in the shadow of the seven hills and that his hedonism and ego is nothing more than the attempts of a pathetic manchild trying carve is existence into the world because he know he can never measure up to them but like Herostratus only the thing that remains of his existence after his death is the scars he left on rome.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Morg van Destro View Post
    I literally got a Pinterest account specifically for finding and saving possible faceclaims. Very useful, but I feel like my mother only with less saved recipes.
    I hate how it asks for account. I would never, EVER, create an account for a site that treats people without account like that. Unfortunately, one day I accidentally clicked use my google account and now I just use it. Wasnt my intention, but since my account is already associated with it, might as well use it.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I hate how it asks for account. I would never, EVER, create an account for a site that treats people without account like that. Unfortunately, one day I accidentally clicked use my google account and now I just use it. Wasnt my intention, but since my account is already associated with it, might as well use it.
    That remuinds me that i got the mmost Pictures from Pinterest and have made a own Gallery with several hundred Pictures so if someone Need a Fitting one ,one must only tell me which motif do you search.
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    I also use a reddit post i saved that is resources for DND. One of its resources is a list of thousands of drawings for characters. Sometimes it helps me, althought its not organized beside from DND races

Blog Entries
    Disclaimer
    If you want to experience the surprise of his identity, don't reveal the hidden text (except for the FC) until the NP. Well even without those, his identity is pretty easy to guess. Also, I feel like I totally messed up my english, well it's most likely my biggest sheet so there's without a doubt a lot more mistakes than usual (maybe?). I spent a lot of time on it. Now I'm tired. I hope it's enjoyable!

A young man was sitting in his cellar, watching the summoning circle in front of him. He had been chosen by his family to summon a servant and participate in a Holy Grail War.

But he had no dream, absolutely no desire for the sacred cup. Was it really a good idea? He was happy with his everyday life, it was a simple one but it was nonetheless enjoyable.

Well, now that he accepted, he couldn’t go back. The young man stood up and started chanting the incantation needed to summon the heroic spirit. The air in the cellar became tense, filled with mana there was an abnormal pressure in the room. Despite this, the boy continued. He knew such phenomena were normal while summoning the servant, and he wasn’t going to get scared that easily.

Finally, he pronounced the last words of the incantation. A bright light suddenly illuminated the dark cellar, mana seemed to burst out of the circle. His heartbeat started to accelerate, he was now going to meet his servant. What would it be? A legendary king of the sword? A lone warrior of the bow? Nothing. It was nothing. In front of the man stood nothing, as if the summoning had been a failure.

He was going to call it a day and inform his family he hadn’t been capable of summoning anything but... One of the old 70’s TVs of the cellar suddenly turned on. It didn’t seem to show anything at first, but slowly the image became clearer and clearer...

Watcher of Television

"Fear has come, joy has come! I am everything! And soon you shall be like me! Ahem, I’m the Watcher class servant, you can call me BB! Hum? What’s with this face, surprised? Don’t worry, think of me like a tutorial okay? A supercute teacher tutorial that is! I’ll be watching you Master~! And when I say watching you, I mean EVERYWHERE."

Class: Watcher
    Other Classes: Berserker, Alter Ego
    True Name: BBBig Brother
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Attribute: Human
    Origin: A Distant WorldIn the Greater History of Man, he comes from George Orwell's novel Nineteen Eighty-Four

Parameters:

STR: -
    END: -
    AGI: -
    MGI: D
    LCK: D
    NP: A

Likes: A unified country, constantly watching everything, ruling the “world”
    Dislikes: Rebels
    Talent: Hacking into screens, propaganda, ruling a totalitarian regime

Shadows
    First Shadow

Ahem, I guess I have to instruct you? Alright, let me teach you something boy! A great leader is a good politician, use your words and gestures correctly and you'll have whatever you want!"

Second Shadow

Appearances are deceptive, yes, I am the most terrible tyrant in Russia! Let me teach you what true terror is, let me show you how to be respected! First of all, you’re going to set up your own private police force, do you really think you can survive without it?"

Third Shadow

Rejoice Master of Watcher! You summoned victory itself! Ha ha ha! Count on me to teach you how to win a war, in a fight I know exactly how to use your troops! And let's create a character out of you. A successful leader is a leader who inspires something larger than life! BB knows how to deal with propaganda, but you also have to know how to play the role of the emperor in front of your people!"

Fourth Shadow

Don’t listen to him. He’s no better than his nephew in the end! A fight is won before it even begins, with diplomacy and good strategy a politician knows how to totally crush his opponent. Learn to think, consider all the possibilities and carry out all your plans, this is how you get to the top of political power!"

Class Skills
    Territory Infringement (B)

Territory Infringement is a Watcher-class class skill that allows the user to pass through territories such as Bounded Fields, ideal for those specializing in infiltration.

Rather than truly violating territory, Watcher assumes enemy territory is his. A conquering spirit which pushes him to claim that any territory he trespasses is owned by him. As the person with the vastest territory ever led, at least when he was alive, it's not hard to see why he has such a mentality.

Master, don't be afraid to conquer! A glorious country is a big country!

A territory? Ha ha ha! No matter what, this world will be yours at the end of your journey! The notion of territory makes no sense! Oh also, I’ll have to teach you how to exercise your almighty authority over your domain.

Magic Resistance (E)

Magic Resistance grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether.

Unfortunately, Watcher is a far too modern servant to be able to have a high ranked Magic Resistance. The sole reason behind his possession of this skill is his class container.

Magic? Ha ha ha! Don't tell me you believe in magic? No, no that's not good! You can only count on real strength, hire the best engineers and order them to invent the best ways to bring justice to your world!

Personal Skills
    Universal Bird's-Eye (A+)Big Brother is Watching You (EX)

Universal Bird's-Eye grants the capacity to understand everything within a limited territory in which he is summoned, limited to sight, hearing, and magical energy detection. It grants the ability to understand everything in a limited territory in which it is summoned from its summons. He cannot see into the past, so everything that preceded his summoning is unknown to him.

Watcher is everywhere, he sees everything and knows everything. That's the kind of servant he is. The rank of the skill is high because he’s able to observe everything in the world through the eyes of cameras, and every device which possesses some sort of ability to film or listen. A frightening skill in the 21st century, yet although he can see everything he cannot perceive the past and the future or read minds, but Watcher knows quite well how to analyze human behavior and thus it becomes possible to easily guess what the people Watcher is observing may be thinking. His observation is constant, Watcher will never stop looking at you, wherever you are.
    Big Brother is Watching You is the special skill of the almighty virtual dictator who ruled a world for centuries. Through this skill, it becomes possible to hear and see everything through devices like phones, security cameras, audio recorder, webcams, etc…

As a servant of the Watcher class, he obviously possesses this skill at a high rank. There’s no proper limit to this skill within the earth, with it he can survey the world through the eyes of the satellites which surround the planet. However, such a use can be considered the absolute limit of this skill range. The devices don’t need to be electrical, at rank EX it becomes possible to hack into magical objects like Mystic Codes. An extremely useful skill in this era where humanity is already watched by everything, Watcher’s merely took advantage of this already horrific situation.

If Big Brother is famous for something, it’s his constant surveillance of his population. Through devices called telescreens he could hear and observe everything in the household of his people. Only high ranked individuals could turn off the surveillance for a couple of seconds. In his world, the most significant thing to comprehend was that Big Brother was watching them.

Master I’m watching you, wherever you go I will never lose sight of you fufu~! Never try hiding the truth from me, okay? I know everything, so lying to me is absolutely unnecessary. By the way, let's establish rule number one for a good leader! He must know everything about his people. How else could he manipulate or punish them?!

Man of the Screen (A)

Man of the Screen is a skill that represents servants who do not live in our world but on screens. Manifesting only on screens, he's a virtual being with no proper physical form. Additionally, this skill allows the user to manipulate screens to a certain extent and switch from screen to screen. Even if the screen where the servant lives is broken, he will remain in this world waiting as a formless being for a new screen where he could manifest himself.

Watcher exists exclusively in screens, whether it's an old TV, a huge screen hanging from a building or an old Game Boy. Capable of moving from screen to screen, he’s also capable of appearing on multiple screens simultaneously while performing distinct actions on each device. For Watcher, doing several things at the same time does not seem to be a problem, there doesn't seem to be any limit to the range of this skill as long as it’s a place that he can observe with his Universal Bird Eye. He’s also capable of displaying whatever he wants on the screens where he exists, for example, a text or a video. Watcher can also force a screen to turn off.
    Man of the Screen is a skill that represents servants who do not live in our world but on screens. Manifesting only on screens, he's a virtual being with no proper physical form. Additionally, this skill allows the user to manipulate screens to a certain extent and switch from screen to screen. Even if the screen where the servant lives is broken, he will remain in this world waiting as a formless being for a new screen where he could manifest himself.

Watcher exists exclusively in screens, whether it's an old TV, a huge screen hanging from a building or an old Game Boy. Capable of moving from screen to screen, he’s also capable of appearing on multiple screens simultaneously while performing distinct actions on each device. For Watcher, doing several things at the same time does not seem to be a problem, there doesn't seem to be any limit to the range of this skill as long as it’s a place that he can observe with his "Big Brother is Watching You". He’s also capable of displaying whatever he wants on the screens where he exists, for example, a text or a video. Watcher can also force a screen to turn off.

There was a time when BB was a man, a human being walking on this earth and ruling his country. These times are now long forgotten, he lost his humanity a long time ago and became an A.I. living only on the screens of his people. That’s the nature of Big Brother. He isn’t human, he isn’t an individual but a concept that must live eternally to watch over his people. To make sure his utopia is perfect.

Obviously I can achieve all of these things! Master, it’s necessary to manipulate the media for optimal propaganda!

Ho ho… TV is that it? What an innovation! With that your speeches will be heard all over the world! Fascinating…

Language Corruption (B)

Language Corruption is a skill which allows one to corrupt the faculty of language of the target. Under activation a Bounded Field extends around the user to prevent enemies from being able to speak properly.

Watcher forces his opponents to possess a language with a much more limited vocabulary, more than a change of language it’s the whole way of thinking that is altered. Therefore, thinking about complex concepts becomes exceptionally difficult.
    Language Corruption is a skill which allows one to corrupt the faculty of language of the target. Under activation a Bounded Field extends around the user to prevent enemies from being able to speak properly.

Watcher forces his opponents to possess a language with a much more limited vocabulary, more than a change of language it’s the whole way of thinking that is altered. Therefore, thinking about complex concepts becomes exceptionally difficult.

This language is Newspeak. A lexical and syntactic simplification of the language intended to make impossible the expression of potentially subversive ideas and avoid any formulation of criticism of the State, the ultimate objective being to go so far as to prevent the "idea" of this criticism. The fundamental idea of ​​Newspeak is to remove all the nuances of a language in order to keep only dichotomies that reinforce the influence of the state, because the Manichean discourse makes it possible to eliminate any reflection on the complexity of a problem. : if you are not for, you are against, there is no middle ground. This type of binary reasoning makes it possible to favor reasoning with affect, and thus to eliminate any debate, any discussion, and therefore any potential criticism of the State. A high syllable rhythm is also aimed, with the hope that the speed of the words prevents thinking.

The best way to face opponents is to make sure they don't exist! Here is my invention, with that nobody can possibly think of opposing you!

The more vocabulary you have, the more you are able to express your ideas and defend your opinion. If people don't know how to speak, obviously you will win all your debates!

Watcher (C)

Watcher is a Skill "that represents the Watcher class' special contract status towards the Master." It’s the ability to summon "Shadows" to guide the Master, individuals close to heroic spirits of the past and who are sometimes themselves eligible as servants. Due to not being Heroic Spirits, their appearance and personalities may be different than their Heroic Spirit forms. The Master cannot read their statuses like a Master would be able to view those of Servants. Shadows cannot use any Noble Phantasms, and lack anything that can be called a weapon, not a blade or even a chopstick.

Watcher summons with him Gaius Julius Caesar, Ivan the Terrible, Napoleon Bonaparte and Otto von Bismarck. Due to Watcher's intangible nature, Shadows manifest themselves through screens to be able to discuss with the Master which strongly limits their interactions.

Noble Phantasm(s)

Oceania is the Noble Phantasm of the all-powerful totalitarian icon: Big Brother. This is the totalitarian ideal of the dictator, the embodiment of a perfect dictatorship with flawless propaganda. Oceania is a Noble Phantasm which allows this ideal horror to materialize in reality.

A high-level hypnosis that will make all affected persons totally terrorized by Watcher, but at the same time make them feel an excessive love for him. A paradoxical feeling which makes the targets totally submissive and obedient to BB. An eternal dream and nightmare which unites all those affected by the Noble Phantasm, all the members of the glorious nation of Oceania. In the novel, Oceania is one of the three totalitarian regimes that divide the world, the other two being Eurasia and Estasia.

To activate this Noble Phantasm, the targets need to look directly at a screen where the face of Big Brother is displayed. Once affected by the effects of Oceania, Watcher's mind will be in theirs and he will be able to order them to do whatever he commands. However, hypnotized individuals do not truly lose consciousness. They perform acts of their own will, both out of love for BB and out of fear.

An overpowered Noble Phantasm that can quickly become very mana-expensive depending on who is hypnotized. The effects can also be negated at any time, relieving the victim from the terrible effects of Oceania.

Aah fear~! A world unified by terror, yes that is my ideal! Watcher is truly incredible, he’s the one capable of creating a true Utopia!

Master, watch carefully and never forget what your goal looks like. Once the tutorial is finished, you should be able to achieve this!

Lore
    Watcher's true identity is Big Brother, a fictional character and symbol in George Orwell's dystopian 1949 novel Nineteen Eighty-Four. He is ostensibly the leader of Oceania, a totalitarian state wherein the ruling party Ingsoc wields total power "for its own sake" over the inhabitants. In the society that Orwell describes, every citizen is under constant surveillance by the authorities, mainly by telescreens (with the exception of the Proles). The people are constantly reminded of this by the slogan "Big Brother is watching you": a maxim that is ubiquitously on display.

He never appears in person. He is represented by the face of a man of about 45, with a mustache, staring people in the eyes, in an expression that is both reassuring and severe. In the novel, it becomes evident to the reader that Big Brother is a propaganda icon who does not exist as a human (or is based on a party founder who has since died).

Although a fictional character, there is a similar individual who lived and possessed such a life, in the distant future, and in a distant world parallel to this one. Although he is not from this universe, he is summonable because he exists in this world as a fictional character.

But who then is this mysterious Watcher? He himself does not know too well, he is the Big Brother of the people, the one who observes them and enforces order. The supreme ruler who does not die even after centuries, he eternally exists. Watcher was most likely a human in the past. He probably unified several continents and established a totalitarian regime. But even after his death he continued to live, abandoning his humanity he became an immortal virtual being living in machines and watching over his nation for eternity.

Watching everyone, instilling both fear and love, he became a force of this world, an indisputable rule. This rule probably died one day, or in any case his concept probably disappeared. Maybe because of the extinction of humanity, or maybe because a messiah rebelled against his regime… Who knows?

Summoned under the Watcher class, Big Brother is not there to watch over his people but his Master. He has to watch him, manipulate him and teach him how to become like him. This is the nature of Watcher, an evil program designed to build the greatest dictator in history!

I do remember some things. There were cities everywhere and so many people. At first there were rebels. I killed them. And eventually, people forgot, they forgot the past, they forgot the present and they forgot the future. It was then that humanity was unified, all they did was do as I say. It made me really happy that my love became something that great!

Personality
    Big Brother

Big Brother, despite having been a human in the past, has completely lost any sort of common sense. He has an alien mindset, and while he could absolutely be considered an anti-hero, he doesn’t mean any harm to humanity. He is closer to one of the seven evils of humanity, a Beast who can only produce evil because of their love for humanity. Because the only purpose left to Big Brother is to watch and rule humankind, he developed a love that he didn’t originally possess.

He transformed his function to rule and watch his country into love. While he enslaved humanity and destroyed what made them really special, the ability to think, he sees it as a success. For Big Brother, a good country is a place where people are safe from themselves. Watcher considers the ability to think to be a curse, because it’s the thing that creates war between humans and hurts them. That’s why he stripped humanity of their individuality, to have a unified world where nothing could ever harm them.

As an almighty “god”, nobody ever dared to rebel, on the contrary while he destroyed any resemblance of liberty he still protected them and made sure they would prosper. So it was okay they thought, humanity abandoned their free will because they couldn’t do anything against Big Brother who knew and could do everything.

Eventually, his world died. He couldn’t rule his world anymore. He had failed. But he then realized his function wasn’t to govern the world. No, what he was meant to do was to make sure “Big Brother” dominated the world. Because Big Brother is an idea before being someone. Therefore, he became a Watcher class servant to become the guide who will bring to this world salvation. He will create: Big Brother.

Well, well… I hope your path will lead you to total victory! Whatever the kind of leader you will become, as long as you rule, your Big Brother will be happy!

Gaius Julius Caesar

A cunning man. An ambitious person that excels in trickery. His gaze is perceptive and it hides a dangerousness and bottomlessness that one cannot neglect. Endowed with a large ambition and frightening intelligence, Caesar is a master of speech and ingenuity. A genius of incitement.

This is why he was summoned, he’s the one whose function is to teach the Master how to communicate in the most efficient way by using, for example, rhetoric. Caesar knows how to satisfy the people, and he will pass on all his knowledge on to his disciple.

Caesar is a man of many talents. He could, after all, also take on the role of Napoleon or Bismarck if necessary. Aside from these talents, he’s actually quite a sympathetic man, perhaps the friendliest of the Four Shadows. He loves women, Rome and the world in general. He doesn't express a lot of regrets and is a fundamentally optimistic person, therefore he can serve as good moral support. However, faced with Napoleon's dazzling charisma, he prefers not to take on this job and leave it to the great French Emperor.

My boy, the leader's path is a long and treacherous process. This is why you need to be able to be supported by your people. Nobody cares about the other politicians. The most important is the majority, that is to say the people!

Ivan the Terrible

Ivan is a terrifying man, an authentic tyrant who inspired fear throughout the country but also the very first Tsar of Russia. If he's summoned, it is to show how to be feared and respected. He’s absolutely ruthless, encouraging the most horrific behavior "for the sake of the people".

However, his view of "the sake of the people" is unusual, after all he’s the kind of person who went to slaughter random villagers just to demonstrate his absolute power. For him, it’s crucial to show that the leader is absolute, and that no laws can do anything to him.

For him a competent leader is a God. He's above the laws and does not hesitate to judge his people as he wants. Absolute power and absolute terror. This is arguably the worst of the Four Shadows summoned, while these tips are helpful, it is essential that the other three shadows qualify his statements.

Ultimately the most important thing is to be strong. You have to obtain the strength to be able to crush any enemy in your path. Remember that little one, you must have no pity, delight yourself in the misfortune of your people as much as in their happiness!

Limit those in power to what is strictly necessary, the more people there are who help you maintain your country, the more possible enemies there are.

And the strength that Ivan talks about is above all political, build your strength by manipulating others. Don't act without thinking, either.

Ahem! I’m the one talking here! Keep your dumb tips for yourself!

Napoleon Bonaparte

Napoleon is a man who has a disproportionate dream, that of always being victorious. He’s vicious, manipulative, ruthless and inflexible, all in the name of his dream. During his lifetime he wanted to see what would be a world where a man never loses, but eventually, he failed...

But this is not the end of his dream, he has been given the chance to educate a young man and maybe make him the eternal victor he dreamt of being. He was summoned in part for his military genius, although Caesar is also remarkably good at it. But above all for his charisma, Napoleon is not just an idiot, he perfectly knew how to conceive for himself the image of a legendary character, almost mythical, despite his modernity. He's the modern conqueror of the impossible, his sole presence is sufficient to give hope to an entire army. The result of an incredible acting, mass propaganda, manipulation but also his own personal way of thinking things in a disproportionate way.

He’s there to teach the Master to have disproportionate dreams, never to lose hope and consistently show his best day to his fellow citizens.

Ahem, I don’t want to sound arrogant, but I don’t see why we would need you. After all, I'm a way greater military genius! I would have sufficed on my own.

Nonsense, I am victory! Wherever I go, triumph awaits me! This is my true nature, a dazzling star that inspires my people to die in the name of victory!

Heh, says the one who created a whole cult of personality around him. Well, I guess it was that effective because he acted like that. After all, being a leader is also being an actor.

Otto von Bismarck

Her friends and enemies have called her "demonic." Bismarck is a woman who used her cunning, her flair for the dramatic, and her manipulative skills to advance her country's interests.

Bismarck's personality cannot really be categorized. On one hand, she was a country girl, and after her countless attempts to resign from the Chancellery, she dreamed of returning home to her farm… Like a sort of Prussian Cincinnatus. In reality, few things gave her as much pleasure as dogs and country life...

Except intellectually dominating her rivals.

This is the kind of person Bismarck is, a frightening political strategist who is always one step ahead of her rivals. She’s a bit like a child in a way, she might be a genius but her core objective is just to be better than others. If she was summoned, it would be for her political genius which enabled her to unify Germany.

Only a fool learns from his own mistakes. A wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Interactions

Bond
    Bond 1:
    I see my appearance is troubling you, well it is true that I’m more of a man. Well in theory, I can’t really remember my original gender. Oh but don’t look at me with those sad eyes, I forgot because such a concept was unnecessary for Big Brother!

Bond 2:
    Ah yes, so about my gender! Well, you see, it seemed to me to be the ideal form to show you! I mean young boys like you prefer cute teachers over old mens am I right? Don’t look that surprised, I’m BB! I know everything about everyone!

Bond 3:
    Of course it would have been a different story if I had been summoned as a dictator. I would without a doubt took on a more frightening appearance. The appearance of a strong and serious man, yet a caring and determined big brother! Looks are important, you see. Take the example of Napoleon. He made himself taller in his paintings, despite his original small size.

What? No, that's just British propaganda! How could I be small, I’m the dazzling emperor of the French!

See? Because of British propaganda, now everyone thinks he’s small! When people think of his height, they most likely find it very funny. Not the kind of behavior you expect people to have when they talk about one of the greatest man in history! Sometimes looks can totally make the difference!

Bond 4:
    Why do I live in screens? As far as I remember, it always was like that. My memory is a bit fuzzy, probably because of the cross dimension things. But yeah, even though I’m confident I was human at one point, I upgraded myself to consistently be with my people and guide them. Well, it eventually ended, but even if I don’t have a country to lead anymore. I still need to guide you, soon you’ll become Big Brother. And I’ll finally rest in peace.

Bond 5:
    I know Watcher is your main teacher, but I wasn’t summoned for nothing. Entertain me boy!

Well now that Ivan said it, we didn’t talk a lot did we? Care for a talk?

Don’t you dare interrupt me! I’m probably the most important Shadow! Who will teach you about fear, about how to be respected?! Clearly not the other threes! Caesar was assassinated, Napoleon banished to an island, and this stupid Bismarck was licensed just like that, without a fight! Can you believe it?!

Maybe that’s because I wasn’t born as a Ruler blessed supposedly by God? You lack true power Ivan, what are you without your rank as a Tsar? Though some of your ideas are interesting, especially the one about the private police, you’re quite a fool for a teacher.

Bismarck! I’m going to slaughter you I swear!

Okay, try killing someone who’s already dead! Please just stop talking, you’re just making yourself look worse.

Ha ha! These two are quite entertaining! They look like childrens with this pointless fight! Caesar, give me some popcorn, I’m going to enjoy this at its fullest!

Sorry to say this, but you won’t find any popcorn in a screen.

Oh yeah, I guess you’re right, looks like I won’t be able to have fun. Well, it makes sense. We’re here to teach the boy how to become a leader, not for our own enjoyment. Be grateful, Master of Watcher, the greatest emperor of human history shall instruct you!

Bond 6:
    The way I ruled was the good one, it was eternal. A world filled with love for me, but also fear. I forgot how to receive emotions a long time ago, I forgot so many things and my people too. Beauty is an unnecessary concept. I know it, but still… Would you blame me for seeing beauty in this perfectly balanced world?

Relationships
    Chandragupta I & Kumaradevi:
    Come on, there’s no need to remind me. At the end my life was what we could call a failure. But it's no longer important, now I’m dead, so I'm just going to relax a bit.

There seems to be a misunderstanding, the Golden Age of India is a total failure. How could you have given so many liberties to your people? How could you have let them think? Knowledge and wisdom is a curse, by giving them this you only created a way for them to eventually destroy your dynasty. If they think, then they have ideas. If they have ideas, they eventually have the one to rebel. There’s no need for a thinking society, even without it humanity can be happy. Isn’t that what you should try to create? Happiness? I’m sorry to say this, but a world of happiness is only possible in a world of ignorance. Because if humans don’t know anything, they won’t know what sadness is. They will never feel bad, because only joy exists! Have I teached you something?

Josiah:
    Well at least you tried. There were some good ideas, though it lacked a bit of authoritarianism it was still a respectable way to rule. But at the end you failed, you see Master? That’s why I’m here. To be sure you won’t die and that you’ll become the eternal Big Brother!

Augustus:
    Not bad, you did a great job Caius.

Memhed II:
    Oh, are you a fellow conqueror! Ha ha! Great, I see you followed a similar path. I’m sorry I can’t really talk to you in this form I’m in, but if I’m ever properly summoned let’s have a chat. Oh of course, I’ll also completely destroy you and your dream, sorry, that’s just the way of victory. There can only be one!

Commodus:
    You were quite the fool, though I cannot really hate you for destroying our great nation. I actually do feel bad for your death. I died a bit like you. Well, I didn't die because I acted like an idiot, but still I can only sympathize with someone who was stabbed in the back by his loved ones. But please, refrain from acting this friendly with me. Let’s take things slowly. Friendship isn’t built in an instant.

He’s fun, I like him. A fool yes, but a fun one.

Fun? There’s nothing fun in an idiot, can’t we meet someone worthy of being our student’s rival? He won’t be able to become the greatest leader in the world if he only faces insects.

Craft Essence
    Eye of the Dictator

He always takes the appearance of this girl, so I asked him to show me his true appearance. I knew he was known as a man during his life, so what I expected was a middle aged man white an angry look on his face. The typical dictator.

But what he showed me was nothing like that. A huge eye was looking at me. He didn’t talk and merely watched. That’s the kind of being Watcher is, he might have been a man in the past but he’s now just an eye observing people.

He watches his people without a word, everywhere and at any time. Did he have a mind on his own? As the ruler of a world devoid of good and evil, as the one who watched a brainless humanity… It must have felt like watching lifeless statues.

But it’s, nevertheless, all he had. Watching was all he had left, and he continued until the end. Is it only because he became a machine? Merely observing because of his function? Though it is not human, I think this machine eventually grew feelings. He didn’t look like an eye, watching just because he was ordered to, there was without a doubt willingness. He continued observing humanity all these years with dedication.

There was love. Love for his timeless nation. In a way, he cared about them. His monstrous humanity.

Creator's Notes, Fun Facts and stuff
    For the people who didn't get it, BB are the initials of Big Brother and it's how he's called in newspeak. So yeah, the appearance is mostly for the joke though both of them are beings similar to A.I. Also, a friend who's absolutely not an artist drew a concept art of Big Brother on paint (which was the thing that inspired me) so a male Big Brother would look like this:
    WARNING, BAD ART (but not that bad for someone who's not drawing
    Last edited by Frigix; June 6th, 2021 at 02:06 PM.

Blog Entries
    @NittyGritty

OMG, That character is so ridiculous i love it. You did an amazing job representing him through his skills and Noble Phantasm. God, he is almost as arrogant as Nero while being both more dangerous and more pathetic. I love it.
    I really like the different format everyone has here. Yours is through bond points, Wyvern is simple but to the point, DelRey is through hidden text, Whale is trough complexity and quotes that shape the character really well, Roydgolden is expanding the lore and personality through skill/NP text.
    Anyways, if I were to vote now, I would probably vote yours for 1st due to not only being good and even though not the best, it would be my number 1 choice because I love the way your character is done.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    BB: Damn, that's got to be one of the more creative interpretations of Big Brother I've seen him yet. "Disguising" them as BB is such an obvious yet creative idea, though it's kind of surprising that they don't have a line for the actual Mooncancer AI, considering her chaotic-goodness is pretty different from everything Big Brother stands for.

Anyway, looks like someone else is joining the Watcher club. I shall observe (heh) your career with great interest.
    Last edited by BnEl15; June 6th, 2021 at 02:48 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    BB: Damn, that's got to be one of the more creative interpretations of Big Brother I've seen him yet. "Disguising" them as BB is such an obvious yet creative idea, though it's kind of surprising that they don't have a line for the actual Mooncancer AI, considering her chaotic-goodness is pretty different from everything Big Brother stands for.

Anyway, looks like someone else is joining the Watcher club. I shall observe (heh) your career with great interest.
    Thanks, I greatly appreciate your review. I'm glad you found this sheet interesting. As for the line with the actual BB, I thought about it but since I never played CCC and never finished the related FGO event I don't know much about her, so I didn't want to do something out of character or something like that. Also, it's a great honour to be accepted into the Watcher club, soon this thread shall be filled with Watcher class servant!

Maker of Poor Decisions and Massive Sheets TheTruthWhale's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Okay, wow, some real killers dropped while I wasn't paying attention.

@doncosaco: An interesting take on Augustus. Not a super in-depth sheet, but it doesn't necessarily need to be. I enjoyed reading it. If you're going to do another paired servant in the future (and it isn't a secret), my advice would be to make it clear from the beginning. It totally threw me off to learn so late in the sheet that Agrippa came along for the ride, and while it doesn't feel "tacked on" per se, it was a whiplash moment.

@Perry: Relevant. Seeing custom art is always a treat. His NP feels a bit like a land-based Wild Hunt. I guess that's my biggest issue with him. He doesn't feel "unique" enough for such an important conqueror in world history. It isn't a bad sheet, and I liked what you did with Thunder Conquerer, but I think you could have gone a lot farther with him.

@Nitty Gritty: This sheet was just a great time to read. Chuckled a few times. I had absolutely no idea who you were going for when I started reading it, which made the reveal all the more fun. A pretty good representation of history's own Booster Gold.

@Frigix: Fuck, man. Here I was, acting all complacent with my sheet, and you just dab in here and drop George fucking Orwell on us. You weren't kidding when you said it was the exact opposite of my royal couple, but I had no idea you'd pull this out. Watchers are more complicated than normal servant sheets, by their very nature, and you made it look easy. Fantastic sheet. Love the interplay between all the actors, love the twist you put on the story, a bit iffy on the fact that you chose Oppai Loli/Disney Character BB of all things as your image, love the fact that he's basically just a hi-tech eldritch monstrosity. The NP is exactly what it needs to be, as are the skills. Really well done. Got me sweating over here. Now I gotta make Entry 2 even better.
    This Link Is Easier Than Forum Surfing
    The (Legally Required) Compedium