Page 3459 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 2459295933593409344934543457345834593460346134643469350935593959 ... LastLast
Results 69,161 to 69,180 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    I'm still not entirely sure how Arjuna ate the entire Hindu pantheon
    because 'India'.

seriously, India myth has lot of BS lores even more ridiculous than some light novels. sometimes it's just hilarious.

Just to confirm, when Muramasa is talking about the gods the Alien God shove on him
    Spoiler:
    One of them is definitely Höðr right?

Yes. The other can be deduced from his battle lines in this chapter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    Yeah, he showed how strong Gawain is by killing off a wounded Tristan. But that doesn't mean that he would also then let you beat her by using the same people who jobbed in the first place. If anything, we underdogs (Mashu, Gudao & co) will be the ones to overcome her, not just a random insertion of tons of other KOTR who don't even have any relevance in the story so far.
    I'm expecting Percival, hopefully is really who he is supposed to be, do something useful in the second part of the story other than jobbing.
    Last edited by rxrx; June 20th, 2021 at 07:38 AM.

Yes. The other can be deduced from his battle lines in this chapter.
    Oh, I just checked them, thanks
    Spoiler:
    So, Susanoo and Hodr. I like that they make it clear the theme behind them was God Slayers and that the servants of the Alien God are Alter Egos because they all got fused with at least two gods each. I wonder what theme and gods will go for Rasputin?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Spoiler:
    So, Susanoo and Hodr. I like that they make it clear the theme behind them was God Slayers and that the servants of the Alien God are Alter Egos because they all got fused with at least two gods each. I wonder what theme and gods will go for Rasputin?
    How bout the real Angra Mainyu and Ahura Mazda

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    The story suggests that Arjuna started with Krishna’s Divinity, but doesn’t specify whether he acquired it through force or by asking for it. He then would have gradually stolen other Divinities, snowballing until he could take on the Big Three. Notably, this is only speculation in-story. This is a course of events that Peperoncino suggests, but Arjuna never actually explains the process himself. Back when LB4 first released in JP, a lot of people stated that he could have literally just asked for all of the gods’ Divinities, and received them as the Endowed Hero.

As for the actual mechanic behind it, the story also seems to suggest that Divinities are discrete powers that can be distributed and redistributed at will, based on the Lokapāla. As for why Arjuna is able to absorb every Indian god not named Kama without exploding, while Asclepius starts breaking down with only two, I would guess that he either absorbed them more gradually, that Arjuna’s process of bestowal was inherently harmful in a way that consumption was not, or that as an Indian hero, he simply had better compatibility with Indian gods.

Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    I'm expecting Percival, hopefully is really who he is supposed to be, do something useful in the second part of the story other than jobbing.
    I'm betting he's not the PHH percival but just the lostbelt human percival. But who knows, that might effectively be the same thing.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Hopefully with some yummy naan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Absorbing Krishna's Divinity gave him a direct line to take Vishnu's, since avatars and whatnot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Spoiler:
    Susanoo is a Great God no? Considering Ibuki Douji is a Great God and a mere bunrei of his is comparable to Machine Gods no wonder Muramasa is so powerfull, Shirou get all the love be it in Lore or in Gameplay.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    I think Arjuna absorbed heroes whose willing to be eaten first, after he got stronger he forced anyone refused.

I'm betting he's not the PHH percival but just the lostbelt human percival. But who knows, that might effectively be the same thing.
    I just hope that like with Gareth, the summonable version will be PHH Percival rather than LB Percival

Blog Entries
    I just hope that like with Gareth, the summonable version will be PHH Percival rather than LB Percival
    So far, only the lost belt kings got this treatment.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Hmm... I’m really curious how did Lostbelt Percival come about, after reading this convo.
    LB6, Ch8

Gudao
    "Because no children are born here?"

Da Vinci
    "That is the conclusion I came to as well. But there's another issue. We've learned so far that fairies are mimicking human society. It would imply that both of them are the same way. What fairy society lacks, human society also lacks. Meaning... humans in the fairy realm cannot reproduce. The concept of giving birth is lost here. I became certain of this when they didn't use terms like 'parent' and 'child', but 'past generation' and 'current generation'."

Muramasa
    "Hold up a minute. It makes sense for fairies to come about naturally. They're like nature's limbs in the first place. But how would humans come into existence? They can't exactly come about by themselves, can they?"

Da Vinci
    "Humans are 'produced'. I do not know if it's something similar to artificial insemination, or a process like creating a homunculus. But they are created individually, without parents or siblings, carefully nurtured, and then shipped off. Of course, marriage customs like husband and wife exist, but they cannot produce offspring. That is what being human in this world is. From our point of view, it's rather inhuman. But for the fairies of this world, it's the way of life... Even Gareth and Artoria wouldn't question it."

If it’s true, then was Lostbelt Percival
    Spoiler:
    nurtured from birth to be a Round Table knight? Which led him to stage a resistance against Morgan? That shouldn’t be possible when humans in Britain Lostbelt are regulated in ranches. Lostbelt Gareth is a fairy, so she doesn’t count, but Morgan herself calls Percival human.

Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    So far, only the lost belt kings got this treatment.
    And Odysseus.

Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    LB6, Ch8

Gudao
    "Because no children are born here?"

Da Vinci
    "That is the conclusion I came to as well. But there's another issue. We've learned so far that fairies are mimicking human society. It would imply that both of them are the same way. What fairy society lacks, human society also lacks. Meaning... humans in the fairy realm cannot reproduce. The concept of giving birth is lost here. I became certain of this when they didn't use terms like 'parent' and 'child', but 'past generation' and 'current generation'."

Muramasa
    "Hold up a minute. It makes sense for fairies to come about naturally. They're like nature's limbs in the first place. But how would humans come into existence? They can't exactly come about by themselves, can they?"

Da Vinci
    "Humans are 'produced'. I do not know if it's something similar to artificial insemination, or a process like creating a homunculus. But they are created individually, without parents or siblings, carefully nurtured, and then shipped off. Of course, marriage customs like husband and wife exist, but they cannot produce offspring. That is what being human in this world is. From our point of view, it's rather inhuman. But for the fairies of this world, it's the way of life... Even Gareth and Artoria wouldn't question it."

If it’s true, then was Lostbelt Percival
    Spoiler:
    nurtured from birth to be a Round Table knight? Which led him to stage a resistance against Morgan? That shouldn’t be possible when humans in Britain Lostbelt are regulated in ranches. Lostbelt Gareth is a fairy, so she doesn’t count, but Morgan herself calls Percival human.
    Yeah, you're right, that might mean he's a changeling from PHH. Or we don't fully understand the ranches yet.

Also is that from my summaries lol? How do people even find those when they're not linked anywhere?
    Ugh cokesakto no no no

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Someone linked one somewhere I think, that's how I saw them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Yeah, you're right, that might mean he's a changeling from PHH. Or we don't fully understand the ranches yet.

Also is that from my summaries lol? How do people even find those when they're not linked anywhere?
    I see, hopefully it’ll be cleared up in part 2.

So it’s yours? I found it by typing lostbelt 6 “chapter x” on google. Thanks for summarizing the story.

Quote Originally Posted by yokushi View Post
    And Odysseus.
    The Odysseus we summon is 100% PHH Odysseus
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.