Page 765 of 805 FirstFirst ... 265665715755760763764765766767770775 ... LastLast
Results 15,281 to 15,300 of 16094

Thread: Prisma Illya

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    I just point to Record of Ragnarok Adam vs Zeus. It’s not CG. It’s also mocked for lack of animation. I always think CG (which’d get people complaining anyways)’d be more animated as the studio are mainly a CG studio (did the CG fights for Gridman and Dynazenon). But people will ignore and keep going that 2D’s always inherently better and CG’s a sin
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Those are some ugly-ass thorns. They really could've used some texture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Would you prefer a QUALITYfest or slideshow?
    Just watched the trailer. As expected, people are exaggerating because CG bad is one of those things people repeat for good taste points in sheep way. Like SAO bad. Exactly the same. Nonsense propagated by youtubers and other "anime critics" which people repeat as fact like a hivemind. In fact this looks absolutely great. SL putting a lot of love into this. My only regret is that choosing the movie path for profits seems to lead to a somewhat flawed adaptation. Oh well. Seriously, the way people talked about the CG, you'd think they're showing some Kumo Desu Ga 2nd half shit, when this is way better. And allows for great animation that I doubt they could with 2D.
    Last edited by bassgs435; September 12th, 2021 at 08:32 PM.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I'd prefer thorns that weren't ugly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'd say they're obvious, but I've seen way too many bad anime to call it ugly. Though you do expect movies to be held to a higher quality than TV anime.

Also, Kumo was consistently ugly from episode 1, it didn't need to wait until the second half.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

The thorns aren’t ugly, that’s the thing
    Also disagree with Kumo starting bad. It looked great for the first half, then fell apart in the second. The only parts I’d call bad in the first half is some of the monsters like the monkeys
    Hell, this doesn’t look any worse than the CG parts in Mugen Train from the “perfect” Ufotable.
    Last edited by bassgs435; September 13th, 2021 at 03:25 AM.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

I don't mind 3DCG in anime so long as it's handled well. A lot of studios are starting to learn how to properly integrate their characters into a 3D setting, though some studios seem pretty inconsistent with it sometimes. When it comes to character animation however, the only studio I like is Wonderium, as they completely blow everyone else out of the water and even manage to give 2D anime a run for its money in visual fidelity.
    Also, those thorns are most definitely ugly lol. Not only does it look bad, it's QUALITY AND a slideshow. Doesn't integrate well into the 2D animation at all and even becomes a mess of geometry intersecting each other all over the place in the last few frames of it. This is unlike Sakura's imaginary numbers earlier in the trailer, which looks fantastic by the way. reminded me of how a few of the older Pokemon movies handled their CG.

Nice wall of nonsense. There's no QUALITY or slidehow there, and they look fine. Thanks for proving you're another mindless CG hater. No, having some exceptions doesn't mean you like CG. That's just excuses to downplay hating all CG. The fact the only CG character animation you like is from some obscure studio simply marks you as a pretentious elitist going all "I like these unknown people the masses don't. I'm so cool and have superior taste". Orange, Shirogumi, Sanzigen, Toei and others do great CG character animation. Stop the CG hate elitist bullshit. It's as nonsensical as someone saying all 2D anime that aren't Kyoani-level are ugly and don't deserve to exist
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    All this talk about thorns... to me they were neither good or bad looking. But they looked soft in comparison to the manga. So... inaccurate is what I would use.

Also are they going all the way until the world blows up? Or are they stopping it at Julius?
    burn your dread you coward

Thanks for proving I'm right about your elitism. You're the asspained autist coping and seething because your "expert" nonsense can't change my mind and I dare disagree with you. Again, you're doing the equivalent of wanting every 2D anime to be Kyoani-level and saying those who aren't are all worthless ugly garbage. Yes, there's good CG from studios that aren't the literally whos you mentioned. Deal with it, mr asshole elitist expert. You don't need years of making CG animation to have an opinion.
    Or what, if I like a food, am I wrong if some pro chef tells me I should dislike it and that it tastes bad? Not how it works
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Bassgs stop sperging out and calling people pretentious elitist assholes because they don't like what you like.

Normally I wouldn't even give a warning over this but the speed at which you went from "someone didn't like what I like =((" to calling them names earned it.

The CG in that trailer ranges from good stuff like Sakura's Imaginary Numbers, as mentioned earlier, to bad stuff like Julian's thorns. The way both of these things are both handled and rendered are different, with the thorns being more apparent that a majority of the animation was done by hand simply based on how many frames are actually there. Though "done by hand" means more control over the interpolation between frames in this case, rather than each and every single frame being done by hand, something that only a few studios do. Of course, that's not to say reliance on interpolation in a bad thing. It's there to make an animator's job significantly easier, and I honestly don't ever expect anyone to not use it. The reason I bring it up at all is because of the apparent attempt to do more things by hand actually ends up making things look even more jarring, since the thorns and the character have a different amount of frames of animation. For example, 1:18 in the trailer; Julian's thorns only have 8 frames of animation in that entire shot, while Julian himself has 4 before starting to pull away from the camera. Good composition, bad execution. Three out of four of Julian's frames there all take place on the first frame of CG animation, with the fourth taking place on the second frame of the CG. After which, Julian and the CG start pulling back from the camera on different, alternating frames (this is more than likely just a mistake, possibly even one created during the rendering process).
    On to the next shot, 1:23 with Illya running on the thorns:
    This shot doesn't have the same problem as before. It's actually handled WAY better. Both Illya and the thorns have the same amount of frames because whoever animated the thorns actually let their computer do its job and interpolate between the keyframes. This makes it much MUCH more consistent across the board, which leads us into the actual issue with this shot (applies to the previous shot too): The shaders that the thorns use are terrible and make them stick out way too much.
    Spoiler:

I made this shader in about three minutes. It's a barebones tri-tone shader that's using an inverted hull for the outline since I didn't feel like actually rendering it. It's something that looks good enough for video games, but doesn't look good at all in actual anime, because they're treating it as if it were hand-drawn when it's not. They're not embracing the fact that it's 3D like they did with Sakura's cut (which once again, was awesome), and the cheap replication only makes it look bad.
    Last edited by Gaugen; September 16th, 2021 at 07:42 PM.

Blog Entries
    Deleting the post does nothing, you know.

If you can manage to keep going without hurling insults and a bunch of dishonest strawmans say you're allowed to argue your opinions, bassgs.

Oops missed the mod post. Still, if I gotta explain the delted post: I got tired of arguing and realized I can end it by not posting more rants. Simply wasn't a post I felt helped anyone if it stayed, so it's best if it's gone. I'll accept any punishment for posting it, wasn't trying to avoid that. I simply felt it was enough and saw the fastest way to calm this down is to delete my latest rant. I'm the one who kept the shitshow going arguing with people in bad faith. So, the way to end it is simple: stop posting. Only I already posted when I realized that, so the next best thing since I can't change the past is to delete the post and hope not many people saw it. That's all I gotta say on what I hoped to achieve deleting the post
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugen View Post
    EFFORT
    The shaders! That's what was the thing I couldn't put my finger on! Explains why it felt so flat.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    I'd say they're obvious, but I've seen way too many bad anime to call it ugly. Though you do expect movies to be held to a higher quality than TV anime.

Also, Kumo was consistently ugly from episode 1, it didn't need to wait until the second half.
    Kumo was amazing more for the fact that the 2D animation became so awful that a lot of people were begging for CGI

Gonna do the same. It's not something that needs to stay up.

Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    Kumo was amazing more for the fact that the 2D animation became so awful that a lot of people were begging for CGI
    Yep. That's a funny part. Regardless of any opinion of the CG itself, the 2D got so fucked and hard to follow that CG was better. At least, I knew what was going on in every CG sequence on first watch.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The 2D wasn't even that terrible until the assassination. That one episode got more laughs out of me than some whole comedy series.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    God, you lot should watch Naruto. I'm deathly serious, if you compare the Naruto vs. Sasuke fight from the climax of part 1, it's some incredible animation, really beautifully done, but then the Naruto vs. Pain fight from Part 2 is so ludicrously bad everybody thought it was a prank fan animation when it first aired. It's one of those things that's worth seeing with your own two eyes just to confirm that it was really real.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0