Page 7553 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 655370537453750375437548755175527553755475557558756376037653 ... LastLast
Results 151,041 to 151,060 of 157511

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    None of the weird Olga Marie stuff is explained yet and they probably won't be until FGO's finale.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    The real question is when is her birthday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ILurkNoMoar View Post
    If this has already been answered somewhere, then feel free to point me there instead, but are we ever given an actual reason for why Olga-Marie is incapable of becoming a Master? From what I remember her ability as a magus are top notch, even if her circuits are kinda weird, and I don't remember any reason from other series that would prevent someone from summoning a Servant or at least forming a contract with one that has already been summoned.

Is the reason literally just an author fiat of, "lol, she just can't. Trust me!"?
    Didn't she just have 0 rayshift potential, not 0 Master potential?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I find that suspicious as well, given that Goredorf can do it just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I find that suspicious as well, given that Goredorf can do it just fine.
    There was an old crack about this when lostroom mats came out and detailed the reishifting process. I can't find it right now, but it worked on the fact that reishifting requires calculations to set the existence of the person in question to "nonexistent", and then accounting for the changes in history when they're gone. Following that, if Olga was created as being intrinsically linked to chaldeas, aka a copy of the soul of the planet, it would prove impossible for her to reishift because it would be impossible to remove the soul of the planet itself from the course of history.

I haven't given this one much thought lately, with how it fits in with new info about UOM, but that was the big theory I had back then at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ILurkNoMoar View Post
    If this has already been answered somewhere, then feel free to point me there instead, but are we ever given an actual reason for why Olga-Marie is incapable of becoming a Master? From what I remember her ability as a magus are top notch, even if her circuits are kinda weird, and I don't remember any reason from other series that would prevent someone from summoning a Servant or at least forming a contract with one that has already been summoned.

Is the reason literally just an author fiat of, "lol, she just can't. Trust me!"?
    The classic caveat is, only someone who naturally exists in the material world (ie, a living person) can summon a Servant.

Because the Master needs to be an anchor to bind the very-much-removed-from-the-world Heroic Spirit to this world.

(There's also a philosophical reason for this. From the Fate Prototype prologue: "The dead cannot return. That which hath passed is forever lost. No matter how great a miracle, it may only affect those who still exist.")

So for example, Servants can't become Masters unless they cheat the system.

I don't FGO so I don't know if that could apply to Olga in any way
    Last edited by aldeayeah; September 20th, 2021 at 06:10 AM.
    don't quote me on this

Virgin Killer Clothing Model ILurkNoMoar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Didn't she just have 0 rayshift potential, not 0 Master potential?
    Apparently both, while rewatching the First Order OVA Cu and Lev said that Olga doesn't have the potential to be a Master and that she didn't have an aptitude for Rayshifting while she was alive respectively. For a bit I thought that the inability to Rayshift might have been the reason behind her being invalid as one of Chaldea's Master candidates, as it wouldn't really matter if you could contract a Servant if you can't also get sent back in time to fix whatever problem requires a Rayshift to begin with, but I think Olga's inability to become a Master stems from the same reason she can't Rayshift rather then being an extension of it.

If what the others mentioned about Olga possibly being intrinsically linked to Chaldeas is true, then something about that fact could prevent her from acting as an anchor for Heroic Spirits to latch onto, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvie View Post
    }

I'm 99% sure its explained by circe in salem. When we watch the story of Circe and Medea meeting to train originally, circe quotes. "But it's clear now that your talent for spellweaving is one of a kind".
    So yea it just seems she has a special talent for weaving spells together. This is really the only thing that makes sense as to why her Divine words is ranked higher. But I guess its speculation until we're straight up told sometime in the future... or never. also good to recall Nitocris also has her Divine words at B.

(Also as an extra funfact that's not related to our convo. Pasiphae is also brought up during this and Circe quotes that she had the most talent for magic of all their siblings, but she was lazy and never put effort into anything, so it didn't really go anywhere. I wonder if we'll see her at some point in the future.)
    You know the writers should show it instead of saying it, them trying to wank medea without putting in the work just makes other casters look bad

I mean Fate/Stay Night exists for Medea wank.

If anything other casters need to try to reach her level.

Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    You know the writers should show it instead of saying it, them trying to wank medea without putting in the work just makes other casters look bad
    When the fate ubw route vn gets remade in 20 more years we'll get her shown powercreeped to modern fate standards, don't worry.

But jokes aside, yea it's just a majority of her stuff comes from 16 years or so ago, and fgo has powercreeped allota stuff since then. Since she doesn't have any story relevance in F/go she just hasn't been shown any crazier. We have allot of word wank, and word of god telling us how amazing she is but they just don't show it because she hasn't had the opportunity in a story for a LONG time. (Flashback to salem ).
    The most recent thing we saw her in FGO storywise related I think was Anastasias most recent interlude. She's holding back Anastasias ice from spreading any further than her surrounding body and she does some other magical stuff there, and goredolf does the ya know "Omg medeas magic I cannot even comprehend" we hear allot. Heavens feel was pretty cool, but she only had like a minute to shine there. Also we never even got to see how crazy the fireball thing was because angra went lolz and ate it with imaginary numbers space.
    Spoiler:

-Thanks
    Last edited by Duvie; September 20th, 2021 at 06:40 PM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    [spoiler*]text here[/spoiler*]. Delete the asterisks.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Yet for all her focus in the VN, she's still the only OG servant who's hasn't gotten a SR version.

Well Kojiro too, but as a not-quite-a servant, it actually fits him.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

He's also the dragon slayer of France despite this, so good on him.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of Kojiro, in his fights with Artoria in UBW, she only dodges Tsubame Gaeshi the first time because of her Instinct Rank B, and the second time, she wins because the tip of Kojiro's Monohoshizo is chipped. Could better swordsmen among the KoTR, like Lancelot, or really any other better swordsmen, outright counter the move at its best? I wasn't sure if this fit better here or in Badass Vs.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Yet for all her focus in the VN, she's still the only OG servant who's hasn't gotten a SR version.

m e d e a l i l y
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post

Well, Kojiro has been buffed so much, I'm half-convinced he rivals some higher-rarity Servants in term of utilities.

Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    Well, Kojiro has been buffed so much, I'm half-convinced he rivals some higher-rarity Servants in term of utilities.
    I mean lore-wise he kinda sucks for like anything beyond his ideal circumstances. He shines in a battle that plays solely by his rules and ignores Noble Phantasms. He's impressive but he's not really functional outside of being a gatekeeper in a bounded field that makes noble phantasms and magecraft unable to just nuke him to death from the other side of the city...

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of Kojiro, in his fights with Artoria in UBW, she only dodges Tsubame Gaeshi the first time because of her Instinct Rank B, and the second time, she wins because the tip of Kojiro's Monohoshizo is chipped. Could better swordsmen among the KoTR, like Lancelot, or really any other better swordsmen, outright counter the move at its best? I wasn't sure if this fit better here or in Badass Vs.
    They'll eat shit tbh.

its instinct that let her figure out the gap and let her beat it after all.

- - - Updated - - -

The whole point is that you cannot counter it with regular sword play. You are attacked from all sides simultaneously like a swallow trapped in a cage.
    However, at the end of the day, you are just getting stabbed.
    If you can tank the stabs, it's no big deal.

Tsubame Gaeshi was only a big deal in Fate because Sabre was so nerfed by being Shirou's servant that such a mook actually poses a threat.
    Regular fully charge Sabre would probably just vaporize him with the gate when she recognizes the trick.

Even Super Rin Saber can't quite mana burst hard enough to reduce the damage to 0 against a beheading strike.

The problem is that the type of people who can just tank it are people like Jiegfriedo or Herc.

uhh basically its lined up as a crit hit, so its a problem of avoiding a crit/fatal hit that's impossible to dodge too.

Regular fully charge Sabre would probably just vaporize him with the gate when she recognizes the trick.

In normal circumstances Saber could just Strike Air Kojirou if not for Medea's Boundary. But you can't recognize the trick due to his skill, or rather it'll be 100% effective no matter how many times he spams any sort of move or swordplay.

Even Super Rin Saber can't quite mana burst hard enough to reduce the damage to 0 against a beheading strike.

The problem is that the type of people who can just tank it are people like Jiegfriedo or Herc.

uhh basically its lined up as a crit hit, so its a problem of avoiding a crit/fatal hit that's impossible to dodge too.

In normal circumstances Saber could just Strike Air Kojirou if not for Medea's Boundary. But you can't recognize the trick due to his skill, or rather it'll be 100% effective no matter how many times he spams any sort of move or swordplay.[/B]
    I think you are giving it way too much credit.

The whole situation was very arbitrary in the story. Kojiro was set up with the all the advantage he could get to force a close-quarter, no-NP fight.

Most of the time, you don't have to fight by Kojiro's terms.

If you fight by his terms, you are just getting cut. This ain't Gae Bolg where you automatically have your core shattered. It's 1-3 stabs depending on how lucky you are.
    Mooks may die to it. A-tier servants I doubt will die in one round. And they won't let Kojiro to have a round 2.

The question is if any other Servant's godlike/transcendent swordplay could somehow counter it, and also, since Saber was able to dodge with Instinct, what about other Servants with Eye of the Mind (False) or similar such skills?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Kojiro held of Herc, so...
    Last edited by SirGauoftheSquareTable; September 20th, 2021 at 09:52 PM.