Page 468 of 486 FirstFirst ... 368418458463466467468469470473478 ... LastLast
Results 9,341 to 9,360 of 9720

Thread: Tsukihime Remake Thread - NOT THE SPOILER THREAD

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can't make journalists sign NDA's that extend past the official release of a product; it's kind of the opposite of their job.
    oh, game companies can and have done so
    although it's not NDAs, generally speaking, it's a review embargo: a contract saying "you don't spoil X, Y, or Z before this date, and we will continue to work with you by providing review copies, interview access, etc." It's not legally binding, but if you break the contract you'll have a hard time working with that company again.

typically a post-release review embargo stinks to high heaven of "this is a bad game and we don't want people knowing that before release", though

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Oh sure, big companies *coughEAcough* always have ways to exert pressure when they don't want their game reviewbombed right away, but as you said it's not legally binding and it's definitely not what's happening here.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    I must voice my annoyance at discovering that the Japanese language page for a given PS4 game on PlayStation.com does not include any information of whether a game is PS4 Pro enhanced or not.

Yet on the English language page for a given PS4 game on PlayStation.com, it does specify whether a game is PS4 Pro enhanced or not.

Example with Sonic Colors Ultimate: Japanese page; English page

And for reference, the actual Tsukihime PlayStation.com page: https://www.playstation.com/ja-jp/ga...ue-glass-moon/

This is incredibly annoying as I've not found any information at all regarding whether the PS4 version is PS4 Pro enhanced or not as the substantially larger file size of the PS4 version makes me wonder if perhaps the PS4 version has higher-resolution assets and therefore higher resolution video output (unless they were using lossless music tracks on the PS4 version or the like).

(obviously any emulation stuff does not care about output resolution, but then it's even more important what the resolution of the actual art assets are)
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

The official site lists the PS4 resolution at 1080. Switch is 1080 as well (720 handheld). Shouldn't it be the end of it?

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lake View Post
    The official site lists the PS4 resolution at 1080. Switch is 1080 as well (720 handheld). Shouldn't it be the end of it?
    That's assuming they mean it is PS4 only and no other PlayStation (PS4 Pro, PS5) which is not specified AFAICT. This is important because many many games that are enhanced with higher-than-1080p resolutions for PS4 Pro and/or PS5 will run at 1080p on a base PS4.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Guess what just arrived
    burn your dread you coward

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    congrats

Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    If Saber and Shirou got married... Would that make Shirou the Queen of Britain?

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    Bery naisu!

Something that just occured to me, for those who've played TsukiRE: How are the H-scenes handled? Obviously, nuTsuki is supposed to be "clean", but do those things get glossed over, fade to black/off-screened, or are they outright written out of the story? There was a lot of arguing prior to release about how important the H was to the structure of the novel itself, but I haven't seen anyone talk about it (or the absence thereof) afterwards.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

I can only comment on Arc's. Haven't done Ciel's route yet.
    Spoiler:

The alley scene is explicit in describing Shiki's lust and the lewd touching is still there iirc. It's doesn't go further than that. Shiki giving in to lust is handled with CG, sfx, and a little voice acting. As I write this, I was trying to comprehend why I felt worse after this scene than I did 11+ years ago, and I think it's because there's a few Arc lines that were actually voiced, so maybe the whole situation and the regret remaining felt greater now?

The romantic scene is actually kinda cute. You just have kissing and a healthy desire of Arc's body; of picking up where they left off and then it fades into black. They were very explicit in that they were actually going to have sex. I think it was handled nicely overall.
    Last edited by Crown; September 18th, 2021 at 10:38 AM. Reason: not the spoiler thread

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Something that just occured to me, for those who've played TsukiRE: How are the H-scenes handled? Obviously, nuTsuki is supposed to be "clean", but do those things get glossed over, fade to black/off-screened, or are they outright written out of the story? There was a lot of arguing prior to release about how important the H was to the structure of the novel itself, but I haven't seen anyone talk about it (or the absence thereof) afterwards.
    light spoilers
    Nasu is insistent that the "keywords" of Tsukhime are still "eros and violence" so it's actually still a fairly present element. Especially in Arcueid's route, it is a very present element, given Shiki's overwhelming lust for Arcueid. Naturally, there is no explicit nudity, but most of the erotic content is still heavily hinted at. (see Crown's post)

That said, it is less explicitly present in Ciel's route. The place which had Ciel's infamous H-scene is now much more 'lightly' implied, though I'm almost certain it is meant to imply they did the deed (Shiki asks Ciel to be his lover > Shiki and Ciel decide to 'share the bed' for the night > Ciel gets embarrassed and takes a shower > There's a time gap during the night > In the next scene at 5 AM in the night we are told neither Ciel or Shiki have slept)

Thank you for your reponses.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

240k+ sales, physical and digital combined.

Will they hurry the fuck up with Far Side then.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    Damn, those are some impressive numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    If Saber and Shirou got married... Would that make Shirou the Queen of Britain?

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Quote Originally Posted by Crown View Post
    Will they hurry the fuck up with Far Side then.
    Unironically I think it should drop within the next two years.
    burn your dread you coward

Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    I'm actually of the same opinion. Two years for some reason feels like the correct amount of time to wait for the next release. Though I do feel that's the minimum time frame, rather than the maximum.
    Last edited by Base; September 24th, 2021 at 10:29 AM.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    There is no reason why it shouldn't, as there is no usual excuse you'd see for other games media like needing to tweak an engine or the like.
    They have the format, they have the planning, it really just depends on if this is a priority or if they want to shelve this for now, bask in the success and move marketing toward something else.
    Now that they are a company with these seperate divisions, I'd think its the marketing machine that matters now. If you all had to guess, where should TM's marketing keep its focus, keeping up the steam for remake(and/or using Melty as cross pollination marketing), or moving forward with the Extra Remake?
    I'd vote for the former.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Now that they have a whopping two people working on scripting instead of just one it'll only take six years!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

you can never trust in TM anyway