Page 469 of 486 FirstFirst ... 369419459464467468469470471474479 ... LastLast
Results 9,361 to 9,380 of 9720

Thread: Tsukihime Remake Thread - NOT THE SPOILER THREAD

Blog Entries
    You can't even trust Nasu for lore on interviews.

Nasu lies.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    There is no reason why it shouldn't, as there is no usual excuse you'd see for other games media like needing to tweak an engine or the like.
    They have the format, they have the planning, it really just depends on if this is a priority or if they want to shelve this for now, bask in the success and move marketing toward something else.
    Now that they are a company with these seperate divisions, I'd think its the marketing machine that matters now. If you all had to guess, where should TM's marketing keep its focus, keeping up the steam for remake(and/or using Melty as cross pollination marketing), or moving forward with the Extra Remake?
    I'd vote for the former.
    I'd be shocked if they didn't focus on more Tsuki routes and Media adaption. Makes a hell of a lot more sense to build up their other main setting especially when they have been so successful. I expect some movie adaptions in the near future.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    I wonder how they'll go about that.
    Honestly I only expect one Near Side and one Far Side adaption at most. So basically Arcueid and Akiha/Satsuki (it'll depend, though Akiha is much more likely).
    I will definitely not refuse if by some god given miracle they decide to do Ciel in any way, shape or form.
    burn your dread you coward

Honestly all the routes were excellent so who the hell knows. All super worthy of an adaption. They might be able to cover Arc and Ciel if they just do different options as much as possible. You'd still have some common overlap though early on during the world building phase.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    I wonder how they'll go about that.
    Honestly I only expect one Near Side and one Far Side adaption at most. So basically Arcueid and Akiha/Satsuki (it'll depend, though Akiha is much more likely).
    I will definitely not refuse if by some god given miracle they decide to do Ciel in any way, shape or form.
    Same, especially since her routes got the most makeover. If they go by Fate's pattern, Ciel's will be a TV series, and Far Side will be movies.

Then arc would just be ignored as main heroine? Sounds terrible to me. I'd rather them just do a manga adaption revised into the remake universe.

Then again knowing my luck with ufotable and type moon adaptions they'll skip arcueids route entirely and nasu will come out and say "we respect JC staff" xD

Quote Originally Posted by Inuhanyou View Post
    Then arc would just be ignored as main heroine? Sounds terrible to me. I'd rather them just do a manga adaption revised into the remake universe.

Then again knowing my luck with ufotable and type moon adaptions they'll skip arcueids route entirely and nasu will come out and say "we respect JC staff" xD
    All the routes are too good to dick over like that.

I'd think Arc route would make the better feature length film to start the hype train and then capitalize on it with a Ciel True route adaption. I think the Ciel movie would be a good deal longer than Arcs so instead remaking Ciel as a TV series makes a lot of sense to me.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    I don't worry about anime adaptation. Ufotable will do it eventually.

my concern is when Shueisha will stop offering Kimetsu anime adaptation to Ufotable.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant

Tbf, Arc was ignored as the "main heroine" in the og VN anyway. Saber at least got to show up in HF, and stuck around until the final day, even if as a ruthless warrior that just did as Sakura asked.
    Arc had a cameo in Akiha's route then it was GG for her.
    The bias for Arcueid as the main heroine is only really noticeable in subsequent material like KT and MB.

That being said, unlike Fate back in 2014, Tsukihime isn't as well known nor is there an uber popular anime that explains all of its main mechanics, like Fate/Zero did before ufo!UBW. So the existence of a "normie introduction" anime is still necessary.
    Additionally, while Saber is more popular than Rin, the difference isn't so proportionally overwhelming as the Arc vs Ciel situation. And while Ciel has enjoyed some increase in popularity thanks to the remake, Arc is still no.1, and that ain't changing anytime soon. I am 90% sure that if an anime is done, it's gonna be Arcueid first and foremost. Then after that, if they only do one per "Side", then it's buh-bye Ciel adaption no matter which way you cut it.

Tsuki has far too many routes for them to wanna do all of them in succession. It's gonna be 6 by the time the Other Side of Red Garden comes out. No way they're all getting the animation makeover.

why not? Tsukihime remake is Type-Moon's next content after Fate.

Ufotable can and they will animate all of routes.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Absolute most I can see is Arc anime, Ciel movie, Akiha movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Depends on how successful things continue to be. 260k in a month on a VN with a cero-z rating only released in japan on consoles is pretty damn good. They need to try and push the alt media of the franchise if they want to really build it up. They should probably release it on PC and internationally too. Far side will probably be wildly different from what we expect given the groundwork that has been placed so who knows what they'll do. Maid routes might be bonkers.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    I'd like them to adapt Ciel's route for anime simply because I think she's the most fitting POV for explaining the settings and lores surrounding vampires and Burial Agency's role in it, plus some magecrafts. Bonus point if there's Episode 0 with Ciel's viewpoint as she sets out for the mission to Japan along with other members.

- - - Updated - - -

Plus it helps expand her background.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Absolute most I can see is Arc anime, Ciel movie, Akiha movie.
    I'd be completely fine with this, but I really think that's closer to dreamland than reality.

I'd be completely fine with this, but I really think that's closer to dreamland than reality.
    still closer to reality than Satsuki route anime.

but I believe in Sudo for saying Sacchin is his favorite character.

Tbf, Arc was ignored as the "main heroine" in the og VN anyway. Saber at least got to show up in HF, and stuck around until the final day, even if as a ruthless warrior that just did as Sakura asked.
    Arc had a cameo in Akiha's route then it was GG for her.
    The bias for Arcueid as the main heroine is only really noticeable in subsequent material like KT and MB.
    Which is why I think remake is a good chance for a do over of these concepts.

I'm not really against arcueids route being very similar to the original but I do think it was somewhat of a missed opportunity. The criticisms it carries over from the original route compared to the others as being 'basic" or "boring" will always be a sore spot

Makes me wonder how far off the beaten path far side will be or if he plans to make some routes like arc route where it's virtually identical

Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    and internationally too
    The sooner you let it go the less you'll be hurt.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Which is why I think remake is a good chance for a do over of these concepts.

I'm not really against arcueids route being very similar to the original but I do think it was somewhat of a missed opportunity. The criticisms it carries over from the original route compared to the others as being 'basic" or "boring" will always be a sore spot

Makes me wonder how far off the beaten path far side will be or if he plans to make some routes like arc route where it's virtually identical
    The Arc route in the remake was made with the intent to feel familiar. As in "don't worry guys this is still Tsukihime" and that's a feeling you can track down even into the OP cinematics. That meant Ciel's route had to take a significant amount of changes as one of thevmain criticisms of it was that it was too similar to Arc's.

I agree that this feels lopsided, even more so with the utterly ridiculous shenanigans in New Ciel True, but I also have to say they succeeded in recapturing a lot of the feeling from the OG Arc route. At moments I actually felt like I was in 2014 reading the OG VN.

Ciel's route felt different but more in the sense that it successfully brought out the elements that were only bubbling under the surface in the OG. Some story beats are different but the point is still the same.

I am not sure how much can be changed in the Far Side to keep it Far Side and still have Arcueid factor into the story, though I guess something can be done since Arach is most definitely gonna be a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lake View Post
    The sooner you let it go the less you'll be hurt.
    I already played it to death so it's more of a thought that they are probably leaving money on the table which makes me sad. I'm not sure how expensive a localization would be or if they'd really find the return off it though. Do westerners not like to read weeb games or something?
    Last edited by Nanaya; September 25th, 2021 at 11:55 AM.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Not that they "don't like", more that they "refuse to try".
    And I guess applying that to "weeb games" in general isn't accurate either, I guess this applies more to visual novels specifically.