Page 167 of 367 FirstFirst ... 67117157162165166167168169172177217267 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,340 of 7332

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A bunch in the old thread, and in other forums too.

Blog Entries
    cease and desist these poor attempts at humor

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Actually I believe Kriemhild is the most popular Create a Servant

- - - Updated - - -

anyway, as always no nazis

I rarely exercise my despotic powers but I will do so here if I have to
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar
    Quick question, I know it says that "artist" can be used loosely, but can I do someone who is known as being a master in the art of something. For example, can I do someone who's a master in the "art of deception" or something like that? And could I do do someone who's a master in a certain type of magecraft considering magecraft could be considered an art?

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    if you make the personality that of an "artist" and sells us he is one with their particular profession, then sure do it.
    just try to not stretch it too much, artistic mindset or legend is what I am looking for.
    "King Arthur is a master of the art of ruling" and stuff like that is cheap.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    My interpretation is that the character can do anything that isn't considering a traditional art, as long as they do it with the proper level of showmanship and nitpicky care for detail.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    if you make the personality that of an "artist" and sells us he is one with their particular profession, then sure do it.
    just try to not stretch it too much, artistic mindset or legend is what I am looking for.
    "King Arthur is a master of the art of ruling" and stuff like that is cheap.
    One Question are art enthusiasts or patrons of art as "passive artists" also applicable and allowed ? If so i would have two candidates .
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

I've wanted to participate in one of these for a long time and I've got a servant who's just perfect for this prompt already in the works. I've been lurking for a long time, so I'm excited. I can't wait to see what's done with this prompt!

Blog Entries
    folks
    make artists
    or those who think they are artists

if you just do a standard conqueror who just happened to like some art, no, boring, not idea of the prompt
    if you do the same conqueror and depict him as someone who truly believes to dance across the battlefield, sees his unlucky victims as his dance partners, the clashing of metals as his music and splattering blood as petals of flowers falling to set the mood
    then heck yeah, that is what i am looking for.

music, dance, paintings, poetry, design, all that is valid, get creative as they are
    Last edited by DelRey; October 2nd, 2021 at 03:35 PM.

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NittyGritty View Post
    Do it coward
    Well, now I have to. Maybe not the contest, but it would actually go along with something else I've been planning.
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

Blog Entries
    "Stop me if you’ve heard this one before...

A middle-aged man in Osaka lives by his lonesome, has a job at a local theater. It doesn’t pay great, performing, but he’s carrying on a legacy, you know how performers get with their traditions and whatnot. And one day, something strange happens out of nowhere. An odd mark appears on his hand in red. Some kind of intricate glyph he’s never seen before in his life.

So naturally, he starts bugging out. Frantically does research into what this could be. When the internet fails him, he rifles through libraries. Eventually, he finds answers in the last place he expected: the attic of the ancestral home of his performing school. Turns out, the very first performer to use the stage name he now inherited was some kind of mage. He snuck his arcane studies in between his scripts, and he seemed to have particular interest in a summoning ritual. One which, as the gods would have it, related directly to the curious brand that had been afflicting our unlikely hero.

His motivations shifted. He was much less curious as to where the seal came from, and far more curious about what could be done with it. With even more manic devotion than he showed in his research, the man set about performing the ritual to conjure this familiar. The fellow had no prior experience with magecraft—in fact, this was the first indication he had that it was even real. But he was confident that he could decipher the stage directions in this dusty manuscript. There was some mention of a “catalyst”, but he glossed over it, as it seemed to written for someone with much more money than he. Basics are enough, he told himself. The stage was set, coincidentally, on the very venue that he normally used to perform. The place was closed that day of the week, and there were no rehearsals either, so he knew there would be no interruptions. He drew the circles, lit the candles, and read the incantations. It hurt like a bitch and half, for reasons he did not fully grasp at the time, but his recitation did not waver. He was a performer, after all.

When the deafening hum and blinding glare of the sigils died down and the smoke cleared, he fell face-first to the floor immediately. He could taste ozone and smell copper. He felt like someone used a whisk to switch all his bones with all his blood. His vision was fading, and he was reasonably confident that he had less than an hour left of wax on the candle of his life. He could perhaps survive with medical attention, but he couldn’t so much as reach his cell phone with his body in the state it was in.

Then he saw him. Another figure in the center of the room, one who hadn't been there before. Perhaps it was his fuzzy vision playing tricks, but he looked an awful lot like the pictures he passed by every week of the very storyteller whose writings he’d been following. But he could also tell that this was someone, someTHING altogether different. Something powerful and otherworldly.

And he walked up to the prone human, crouched down, locked eyes with him, and said…"

“Why the long face?”

*The sound of two successive taiko drum beats followed by a woodblock strike*

"Hey there, great to be here. I'm Alter Ego, and you're in for a hell of a set. Any Masters in the audience?"

Class: Alter Ego
    Other Classes: Caster
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Place of Origin: Japanese Folklore

Parameters
    STR: E
    END: A
    AGI: B
    MGI: B
    LCK: D
    NP: EX

Dislikes: people with no sense of humor or patience
    Attribute: Man
    Armament: Paper fan
    Catalyst: A very particular manuscript

Class Skills
    Territory Creation D: Alter Ego is able to create a “theater” space where his powers are slightly amplified.

"...Yeah, that's, uh, that's kinda it. Stick with me, though, the payoff is huge."

Personal Skills
    Seimei Handan B:
    The magic of names, also called onomancy in the western schools of magecraft. Alter Ego can perform a sort of divination by taking a name and analyzing its elements, either via literal interpretations of its linguistic components, or by more esoteric means, such as counting the number of strokes when written out as kanji.

The information gained from this divination may or may not have any concrete basis in reality. However, if the conclusion is total bunk, by declaring it out loud with enough confidence, he is able to nudge reality around whatever has the name, making the observation “almost true”.

This form of magecraft is Alter Ego’s most debilitating tool in combat, and the conceptual basis for many of his other skills and even, in a sense, his Noble Phantasm. By making observations about an enemy Servant’s class, skills, or most dangerously their True Name, Alter Ego can severely hinder an adversary’s performance to compensate for his own rather mediocre combat potential.

“You ever wonder why they’re called Sabers? I mean, they’re not swords, they’re sword-wielders. They don’t call Lancers ‘Spears’, or Riders ‘Mounts’, or Archers…uh, ‘Whatevers’?”

Mystic Eyes of Death Perception D:
    Due to a bargain struck with a shinigami, he is capable of seeing the factor of death in “living” things, organic or inorganic. Instead of “death lines”, as certain paranormal assassins would perceive things as, Alter Ego visualizes this effect as candles floating above the things, burning and burning until the wick runs out. Direct interaction with these “death candles”, such as the premature extinguishing of a flame, is possible, but takes significantly more focus and concentration. However, even without physical manipulation, Alter Ego is able to roughly estimate how much time anyone or anything theoretically has left (presuming his non-intervention), which can be remarkably valuable information if applied wisely.

“Boy, I made a killing as a doctor with this trick. Oh! Damn, didn’t even mean to make that pun. I’m just that good!”

True Name Convolution A+:
    Rather than an effect that prevents or obstructs people from learning his True Name, it complicates the usage of this information. Whenever anyone who knows Alter Ego’s True Name (besides himself or his Master) attempts to extrapolate meaningful information from this knowledge, they must go through “the whole thing”, either out loud or mentally. Failure to recall the complete name in the proper sequence will cause their thoughts to become muddled, and whatever point they were driving towards to slip from their mental grasp. Particularly dire failures can result forgetting the True Name entirely.

“Frankly, I don’t see why people have such difficulty. Rolls off the tongue once you get the hang of it.”

Imperial Privilege (Paipo) C:
    A false version of the Imperial Privilege skill brought about by an inward application of his first skill. Alter Ego is able to gain temporary access to skills that he by no rational metric should possess if he can justify it based on the meaning of his name. For example, many portions of his True Name relate to incredible longevity, so he has an abnormally high END and can temporarily grant himself weak Battle Continuation. Alter Ego is not of imperial descent, but he is NAMED after many who were, hence the skill’s preposterous name.

“What do you mean you’ve never heard of the Paipo dynasty? What are they teaching kids in school these days...?"

Noble Phantasm
    Art of the Falling Word
    Rakugo

Anti-Unit, EX Rank

A continuously active Noble Phantasm, part of its effect is allowing an abnormal summoning like Alter Ego to persist. A Reality Marble-like effect of belief suspension wherein things that dip into the gray barrier between possible and impossible will be treated as “possible” so long as that’s “funnier” that way. What the Grail thinks is or isn’t funny is not easily quantifiable information, but Alter Ego seems to have a pretty firm grasp on it.

Aside from this foundational effect, when activating this Noble Phantasm more explicitly, Alter Ego is able to pantomime as if he is holding an object, provided he uses no props but his paper fan. The mana in the air around the fan will condense invisibly into the shape of whatever is being imitated. The density of the mana, and thus the verisimilitude of the recreation, depends on how convincing the pantomime is to those observing it, and how clear it is from his performance what specifically he’s trying to imply. This also means that this technique is useless without an audience to entertain.

When unleashed fully, this Noble Phantasm can even be used to replicate other Noble Phantasms, albeit to lesser potency. Doing so usually requires a more serious commitment to the bit than imitating everyday objects. For example, if he witnessed Artoria Pendragon (Saber), replicating her Noble Phantasm would be more than to simply hold his folded fan like a blade’s hilt, as this would only be a pantomime of “a sword”. He must get “in character” as the Servant off of which he is aping, copy their stance, their mannerisms, even their speech. Better impressions make for more potent Noble Phantasm parodies, but note that in this instance, the qualitator for impressions is not “more accurate”, but “more funny” (though the funniest impressions are often quite accurate).

This Noble Phantasm is significantly more effective if used while seated on one’s knees. This would normally be useless to apply in a combat situation, but through creative use of Imperial Privilege (Paipo), he is able to get around on a cushion that he can cause to hover by controlling the wind around him, allowing him to remain seated without sacrificing mobility.

“Alright, you’ve danced around it enough, give the people the punchline, yeah?”

Lore
    *sigh*

Alter Ego’s True Name is Jugemu Jugemu Go-Kō-no-Surikire Kaijari-suigyo no Suigyō-matsu Unrai-matsu Fūrai-matsu Kū-Neru Tokoro ni Sumu Tokoro Yaburakōji no Burakōji Paipo Paipo Paipo no Shūringan Shūringan-no-Gūrindai Gūrindai-no-Ponpokopii-no-Ponpokonā no Chōkyūmei no Chōsuke.

More accurately, he is a conglomeration of several rakugo story characters, condensed into a single vessel as an incarnation of the artform. However, most rakugo characters do not have names, only titles or occupations. One of the characters, though, had enough name for an entire small town, so Ju… THAT ONE became the dominant identity, absorbing the others into his fictional biography.

The story of Jugemu Jugemu Go-Kō-no-Surikire Kaijari-suigyo no Suigyō-matsu Unrai-matsu Fūrai-matsu Kū-Neru Tokoro ni Sumu Tokoro Yaburakōji no Burakōji Paipo Paipo Paipo no Shūringan Shūringan-no-Gūrindai Gūrindai-no-Ponpokopii-no-Ponpokonā no Chōkyūmei no Chōsuke goes that his parents went to a priest to consult what they should name their child. The priest gave many suggestions for names with powerful meanings behind them that would ensure a long and prosperous life for the boy. The parents liked all the suggestions: so much that they didn’t bother picking one and simply strung them together. Some people call him “Jugemu” for short, given that it is both the first part of his name and the only part that occurs twice in a row. However, Alter Ego gets quite uppity when people shorten his name, since its length is what gives him most of his powers.

“If you’re REALLY in such a rush, just call me JJ-GKnSKSn-SMUMFM-KNTnST-Ynb-PPPnS-SnG-GnPnPnCnC for short, or something!”

It is unclear if he’s serious.

The Alter Ego class container is likely a result of the nature of any rakugo character, as a persona to be adopted by others temporarily. The class is normally reserved for beings that are splinters of specific personalities, but its possible the unorthodox nature of his Spirit Origin allowed for the definition to be slightly stretched.

Personality
    JJ is exceptionally carefree, always finding time to tell jokes, even in the middle of a battle. However, he is also wiser than his demeanor would suggest. While he is still nearly unable to speak candidly and seriously, he can see when keeping shut is better than cracking wise.

He seems to be aware of how remarkably shallow his existence is, as a conglomeration of one-note fictional characters, and this may be the wellspring of his sense of humor. If his very nature is something of a joke, why not be a funny one? Alter Ego seems to think quite highly of himself, both as a comedian and generally as a person. When he takes a gag too far, he can be slow to apologize, but he almost always does eventually.

Relationships
    Mephistopheles: “Oh boy… well, it’s always nice to see alternative styles. But I’m not sure our senses of humor… mesh. Like, let me get this straight, you think killing people is funny?”’

Altera: “Geez… I can respect if the name ‘Atilla’ isn’t something you want to go by anymore. But could you have possibly picked a more confusing new name? I can barely keep these Altrias and Artorias and Alters straight and here you are, all but named after them despite have nothing to do with them except Class! I mean, come on!”

William Shakespeare: “Ah, another fine craftsman of the comedic arts. Funnily enough, mine IS a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing, so I suppose we’d get along.”

Lancelot: “Anyone think it’s weird that his name is Lancelot, but his class—no, no. Too easy, low-hanging fruit. I can do better, give me a minute…”

Fionn mac Cumhaill: “Ouch, and the award for Coolest Sounding Name with Most Unfortunate English Spelling goes to…”

Vlad III (EXTRA): “All these spikes and pikes and perforations, your therapist must have a field day. I guess they don’t call you ‘extra’ for nothin’, huh? (Wait, can I say that? Are we... allowed to see that designation?)”

Enkidu: “I asked Ishtar the other day, hey, you know Gilgamesh’s, uh, ‘friend’, right? Are they a man or a woman? And she raises an eyebrow and tells me ‘not last I checked, no’. Heh, see? And modern comedians will say you can't be funny and respectful at the same time. Amateurs.”

Suzuka Gozen: “The other day, this girl comes up to me, tells me my jokes are based. Based on what? A true story?”

Scheherazade: “Tremendous! Another storyteller! We should trade yarns one of these days. Oh, and don’t feel bad about your phobia, dear. Death is the second most common fear after public speaking, they say!”

Oberon: “Oh this reminds me of a real knee-slapper. So, a moth goes into a pediatrist’s office. And the doctor asks…”

Nursery Rhyme: “Wh-whoa… You’re… You’re like me? I... didn’t think that was possible. Sorry for stepping out of the bit, but… Do you think we could discuss some things in private, about what it’s like? Carrying on the dream of someone you can barely remember? If that sounds too heavy, then... I could just tell you the one about the guy with the tree on his head. Does that sound fun?”

Sesshu Toyo (Foreigner): "Master, I don't mean to speak ill of a fellow artisan of the homeland, but that fella with the cat drawings... Something's funny about him. And not 'ha ha' funny. I tried to feed one of the little thigns some teresuko, but... I don't think domesticated felines should have that many teeth. I don't think ANYTHING should..."

Marie Tussaud: "She's got some interestin' ideas about life, death, and identity. Sees something in me that I struggle to see in myself. Meaning. I wonder... Ah, but you must be bored stiff, listening to me wax poetic."

Lucian: "Poor bastard... Overcommitted to the bit... Ya really hate to see it."

Jean-Baptiste Ettelia: "This guy says he can't get a read on me, and honestly? The feeling's mutual. He may stylize himself a Magician that controls the Wheel of Fortune, but time will tell if he's a Fool, a Devil, or simply in his cups."

Telesillia: "I don't know who this Thalia lady is, but I'm glad my silly routines are apparently passing mustard up in heaven."

Amir Khusrau: "Ah, riddles. The cousin of jokes. I think he and I could have a lot to talk about."

Katsushika Houkusai (Either): "Oi, and I thought my Kansai accent was strong. I guess it's kinda weird there's multiple of them, but that's what happens when you use a stage name, I suppose."

The First (Watcher): "Ugh. Kids today, no respect for the real classics. Spend half an hour setting up a joke and they demand a refund, but put a fat rabbit in the pretending astronaut game and they lose their damn minds..."

Zeami: "They might be the closest existence to my own I've met so far. And yet... What is this energy? It almost feels as if we are natural enemies..."

Creator's Notes
    Well, better Nate than lever, as they say.

When I said this guy was almost done, I meant it. He's technically more a piece of art than an artist, but I think he counts well enough, given how he functions. And just in case, I have a sheet more undeniably on-theme in the works. Also first attempt at using suggested music.
    Last edited by Drangle; October 21st, 2021 at 12:12 PM. Reason: addition of relationship lines of future entries

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    That was quick.

Blog Entries
    Ah, puns and dad jokes, unironically peak comedy for me

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I can't believe that one FMAB meme is actually a classic rakugo story.

Blog Entries
    Drangle has a thing for being first in something.
    smart application of the prompt. Didnt even think about making pieces of art itself a Servant.
    Girl with the pearl earring, anyone?

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Hadolf Itler's landscape painting getting a life of its own and being summoned as a loli

Blog Entries
    Honestly this prompt is so broad that the hard part isn't finding an entry, it's picking one or two to actually do.
    The Adventure of the Velvet Room (Sherlock Holmes/Persona) (SB, FFN, AO3)

Blog with all of my Servants so far.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    Hadolf Itler's landscape painting getting a life of its own and being summoned as a loli
    sheesh, u bring ideas on the table

Quote Originally Posted by NMR-3 View Post
    Honestly this prompt is so broad that the hard part isn't finding an entry, it's picking one or two to actually do.
    that was my intent tbh. So you all choose the one you are most interested/passionate about. After last contest being difficult to have a candidate, here you should pick and choose what you really want

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Baron Magnus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think I'll throw my hat into the ring. came across someone rather interesting that might fit this prompt perfectly. just to make sure, a bard would be appropriate for this prompt correct?
    Rookie Lorekeeper, Amateur Extraordinaire, and all around nasunoob.

Blog Entries
    absolutely

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.