Page 175 of 367 FirstFirst ... 75125165170173174175176177180185225275 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,500 of 7332

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    fun sheet, i like how you used the observation skill.
    Perhapse use Ms Cranes Territory (Atelier) skill, it is basically what you were going for anyways.
    The discernment is a creative take as well, I like it. at least discerning someones region of origin from their style of clothing is a neat little concept.
    Glad to see a fashion designer too. Fascinating how you all really try to take examples of all kinds of arts. greatly appreciated
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    fun sheet, i like how you used the observation skill.
    Perhapse use Ms Cranes Territory (Atelier) skill, it is basically what you were going for anyways.
    The discernment is a creative take as well, I like it. at least discerning someones region of origin from their style of clothing is a neat little concept.
    Glad to see a fashion designer too. Fascinating how you all really try to take examples of all kinds of arts. greatly appreciated
    Thanks for the input. I actually debated for a while on whether to use the Territory Creation (Atelier) skill instead of the normal one, but ended up not using it in the end.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Caster of modern fashion: That's a quality lady right there ! Really well made servant must i say though on of her skills is quite similar to one of the servant i make .
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    How long until the deadline? One more week, if I'm not mistaken, but I'd like to be sure.
    The Adventure of the Velvet Room (Sherlock Holmes/Persona) (SB, FFN, AO3)

Blog with all of my Servants so far.

Blog Entries
    First post of the thread says the 23rd, so yeah.

Blog Entries
    submission deadline 10/23, noon utc, perhaps bit later because contest started little late
    plenty of time to dish out second entries, everyone

I think dance and sculpting is yet to be done? Some people related to musical instruments are perhaps interesting. Ya know inventors of some instruments or famous ones like Stradivari.
    But you all are so creative, you probably come up with other art forms I didnt think about

oh look drangle was first, what else is new? /s

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Voyager of Dreams

Source

“Greetings, I am servant Voyager. That’s surprising, I thought I would have been summoned as a Caster, well I guess Voyager does make sense too. There are many ways to interpret this class. Now that I think about it, I think I like it. Even if I have already reached the end of my journey, I guess an extra trip can’t hurt anyone.”

Class: Voyager
    Other Classes: Caster
    True Name: Ferdinand Cheval
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Attribute: Earth
    Soruce: Historical Facts
    Region: France

Parameters:

STR: E
    END: C
    AGI: D
    MAG: A+
    LCK: A
    NP: A+

Likes: Walking, making dreams become reality, nature, pictures from far away, stones
    Dislikes: Being taken advantage of, to give up, Outer Gods
    Talent: Walking, dreaming

Class Skills
    Independant Navigation (A)

Independant Navigation is a Class Skill of Voyagers, the way of a traveller. It is a form of Independant Action as it represents the lonesome journey of the servant, each turn mana is gained to continue the journey.

"It is true that I walked alone, but I don’t mind if you come along. My journey has already come to an end, so let's see where yours will bring us!"

Personal Skills
    All Things in Nature (B)

All Things in Nature is the observing eye that studies the spectacles of nature and sees through that essence.

Voyager was a man who spent most of his days walking in the countryside, looking at nature for inspiration. He was always very sensible, an ordinary stone was enough to make his imagination go wild.

"A skill mostly used by artists, right? Fitting, being an artist is all about understanding nature after all. What is nature? Well, I guess you could say the countryside is, but there’s more to it. Nature is the dreams that exist in each thing. That's the essence."

Determination of Steel (Dream) (EX)

Determination of Steel (Dream) is a skill born from a dream, one must never give up on it and constantly strive for it. A fleeting dream, an illusion than will never happen but still something worth working for to obtain it. High ranked mental resistance is obtained and physical damages are diminished. At rank EX, the dream essentially became reality.

Voyager had mysterious dreams since he was a child, and as he grew older his dream seemed more and more real. That’s why he started his journey, his journey to the land of his dreams. At this rank, it becomes possible to reject reality and diminish physical damages by 70%. However the more mystery the attack has, the less the skill is effective.

"You want to know what happened to my “meaningless journey”? Well, I simply completed it. What? There’s nothing to be surprised about. Dreams aren’t fakes; they’re merely things that do not exist yet. Be patient, and even the most strange illusions will become real."

Dreamer of Another Realm (A+)

Dreamer of Another Realm is a rare skill given to servants who dreamt about places that do not exist in their world. It can be the Reverse Side of the World, parallel universes or even the abysses of horrors.

What Voyager dreamed of is unknown, it is a world so distant and so strange that it doesn’t fit the known outer realms. Sigmund Freud theorized that he saw Celephaïs but Voyager dismissed it. Whatever is the true nature of his dream, it’s without a doubt an alien world so twisted that Voyager’s mind can’t be called a human one anymore.

"When I close my eyes, I can see it. It’s beautiful, it is without a doubt… My ideal world."

Noble Phantasm(s)
    Journey of Dreams
    Palais Idéal

"Son of a peasant, I wanted to live and die to prove that in my category there are also men of genius and energy. Twenty-nine years I was a rural postman. Work is my glory and honor my only happiness; now here is my strange story. Where the dream has become, forty years later, a reality…. Palais Idéal, show me my realm of nature!"

Type: Anti-World

Palais Idéal is the famous palace built by Ferdinand Cheval. It is said that he dreamt of it since he was a child, Voyager saw this palace of another realm all of his life and it took him forty years to complete it. The truth about this construction is that it encompasses the mysteries of another world. Voyager claims that it’s the essence of nature, the truth about the universe that each human can access in their subconscious. But there really isn’t any proof that it comes from such a world as the mysteries it poses are completely alien to the common sense of men.

Because its mysteries are too “strange” for the world, Voyager replaced many of its alien symbols with corresponding human ones. As such, he translated an alien magecraft with the mysteries of humanity (examples can be seen with the Giants meant to represent Caesar, Vercingetorix and Archimedes even though the original represented “something else yet similar”).

The Palais Idéal is something akin to a great alien ritual, but even Voyager doesn’t comprehend its true purpose. As a Noble Phantasm, Voyager can summon it with larger proportions that it had in life. He can summon the whole thing but also individual parts or even new ones. He can change its form and make it move as it wants, anything is possible with his imaginations. It can be employed as a fortress as well as a weapon of destruction. The Palais Idéal has the power to harness the energy of the Earth and recreate some of its power. It could be called a machine of endless Marble Phantasm as it reenacts possibilities of nature. It is without a doubt a top ranked Noble Phantasm even if it’s true function is unknown.

"Born from nature, it can also speak to nature… I guess ? Well, whatever, it’s beautiful and that’s enough. An alien construct? Alien magecraft? Uuuh… Are you messing with me or something? No, you’re serious? Well that’s surprising, though at the end it doesn’t change anything. My Palais Idéal is still an ode to nature, and that’s magnificent."

All Dreams have an End
    Tombeau du Silence et du Repos sans Fin

"Dreams all have ends, that’s how nature works. But, everything also begins again! My dream has come to an end, but yours has barely started. Let me help you one last time… Tombeau du Silence et du Repos sans Fin!"

Type: Barrier

Tombeau du Silence et du Repos sans Fin is the Noble Phantasm which represents Ferdinand Cheval’s last project: his own tomb. While Palais Idéal is the “living dream”, Tombeau du Silence et du Repos sans Fin is the “end of the dream”. It’s an important part of Voyager’s philosophy, because nothing is completed without an end.

When Voyager activates this Noble Phantasm, his saint-graph is consumed and turned into a barrier in the form of a tombstone. A suicide Noble Phantasm which creates a construction who “end dreams”, something akin to an anti-mysteries Noble Phantasm. Even mysteries from the Age of Gods are nullified by the Noble Phantasm.

"It’s actually supposed to be a part of my Palais Idéal, but they never let me do it there."

Personality
    Voyager is an eccentric man, or to be more precise he is inhumane. Since he was a child, his view and understanding of things around him were abnormal. That is the mark of an artist, the eyes that see things differently. But different isn't always good, because he saw the dreams of a distant world, he couldn’t fit in his own world.

Voyager was for a long time shy, even if he possessed inhumane traits, he also had human emotions and didn't like being rejected by everyone for the strange things he sometimes said. But when his daughter was born, he witnessed the birth of life, that is when he understood the full extent of his dreams. He dreamt of nature, of something that represents birth, growth, decay and death. This idea obsessed him. Until he decided to follow his dream, never to let it go ever again.

Voyager is the kind of man to be way too determined, in a way he is similar to a certain Wrought Iron Hero, pursuing an impossible dream. When he has an idea, he will never let go of it and will accomplish it whatever happens. Voyager saw a palace which represented an alien nature, but he doesn’t seem to see the difference with Earth’s nature. For Voyager, nature is the dream of a planet.

As a servant, he already completed his journey. He walked and walked for years to ultimately attain his dream world. Now that he died, he feels at peace and sees his life as a success. He will probably take the role of a mentor that guides his master in his life. He’s, furthermore, an extremely curious man who likes to explore and watch stones or pictures of foreign places for hours.

Lore
    Joseph Ferdinand Cheval, better known under the name of the Facteur Cheval, born on 19th April 1836 in Charmes-sur-l'Herbasse. He is a French postman famous for having spent 33 years of his life building a monument which he called the “Palais Idéal”.

In April 1879, a stone, which he called his "stumbling stone", inspired him to transpose his dream into reality. For his neighborhood, the postman Cheval became a strange being, a "poor madman" who during his round puts stones on the side of the road, returns in the evening to look for them using his wheelbarrow, to fill his garden with them.

In 1894, the death of his daughter Alice, at the age of 15, deeply affected him. He had started collecting stones from his palace the year she was born, but his daughter would never know its completion. Cheval completed the construction of his palace in 1912. Unable to be buried in this palace according to his wishes, he built from 1914 to 1922 his tomb in the municipal cemetery. He died on 19th August 1924.

Craft Essence
    The Stumbling Stone

I had forgotten it, or at least I told myself that I had forgotten.

This beautiful place…

But they would have laughed at me! I was weird, wasn’t I? Yeah… It was just a stupid dream I thought. So even if I couldn’t stop thinking about it, I did my best to forget.

Then I tripped on it. A stone, but oh, what a stone it was! A sandstone shaped by water and hardened by the power of time. Something that no man could ever create.

I felt at ease with it. I felt amazed, it was such a beautiful stone. Because I could see something dreamlike.

I said to myself: since Nature is willing to do the sculpture, I will do the masonry and the architecture.

Relationships
    Marie Tussaud:
    "Yes, I understand your art. Beauty in death right ? Death is nature, but it is without a doubt its most beautiful form. Because the face of someone dying is their accomplishment, their final and most complete form. Still, I like life. Because even if it is just an illusion, it seems endless. Life and death are both beautiful in their own right."

Sesshu Toyo (Lily): “There is something familiar with your drawings, yet totally different… A Foreigner huh? Well, these things are enemies of nature, I guess it has nothing to do with me. A nightmare and a dream are totally different things after all. Please, don't ever come near me.”

Taliesin: “Stories like yours make life a little bit more fun. Ah, how much fun it would have been if you had come with me on my journey. But it likely would have never worked, after all my dream isn’t something you can have with your divine inspiration. That, I am certain.”

Lucian of Samosata: “Fascinating… Hmm? Naturally I believe you. Why? Are there people who doubt you? That’s odd.”

”Bonnie & Clyde”: “Love? Yes, love is beautiful. And it is such a strange thing, even today I’m unsure about its essence. But if I had to compare it to something… Well, I guess it would be fire?”

Jean-Baptiste Etteilla: “You want to inspect my Palais Idéal? Sure, go ahead. You’re not the first mage to do so, when I was still alive mages were always fascinated by it. Heh, I guess they have fine tastes in art.”

Dorian Gray: “You are a twisted piece of art, a pretender. It’s fascinating, but also terrifying. Ha ha… I think I might actually throw up. Sorry, I just have a bad time dealing with monsters who defy nature.”

Miss Gardner: “Don’t come closer.”

Archibald MacLeish: “Dreams sometimes assume unexpected forms.”

Marie-Jeanne Rose Bertin: “Clothes? Oh, could you make me a nice-looking postman uniform? Well, I like mine, but I’m curious to see what you could weave. Tell me, which kind of clothes should the inhumane Facteur Cheval wear?”

Sigmund Freud: "Urgh... No, my dreams have nothing to do whit Foreigners! It's a beautiful place, so please don't bring in horrors! You're just ruining it! And I don't care about your psycha-stuff, my dreams are not a "trauma" or whatever your saying!"

Creator's Notes, Fun Facts and stuff
    If I can't go to the alien palace, then I'll bring it to me!

Here's my entry. I'm pretty busy so I don't think I'll be able to do a second entry. I had planned to do a very different version of Taliesin. Also had Agnes Varda and Victor Hugo in mind but they weren't as "spectacular". I kinda rushed this sheet. I hope the Voyager class make sens? He walked alot to construct his palace and he went to an alien world without actually going there. Yeah, I'm no to sure but extra classes are cool.

Also do not hesitate to go look at pictures of the Plalais Idéal on the internet, it's pretty neat. The stumbling stone, the one on which he tripped and that started this whole journey, is actually exposed in his palace.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    I think dance and sculpting is yet to be done? Some people related to musical instruments are perhaps interesting. Ya know inventors of some instruments or famous ones like Stradivari.
    But you all are so creative, you probably come up with other art forms I didnt think about
    I think Tussaud counts as sculpting

Blog Entries
    cool sheet, the use of the Voyager Class is a nice one, at least in my interpretation. And you even referenced my Freud! It shows neatly that I see Voyager and Foreigner as antithetical, but a certain connection in some cases make perfect sense. You showed that well
    good job

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "A ritual to summon legendary souls from across history, pulled into a battle to the death for a single wish... yes, this shall serve as a splendid opportunity to expand my horizons. Now hold your head high, Mage. Most men wouldn't have the chance to call on me so cheaply, so I won't squander my first-time discount on one without backbone."

Servant Caster:

Appearance:
    Mild NFSW (nipple and crotch outlines through dress)

True Name: Phryne

Alignment: True Neutral

Strength- E
    Agility- D
    Endurance- D+
    Mana- B
    Luck- C
    NP- C+

Personality
    Unabashedly sensual and flirty. At the same time, witty and erudite, able to hold her own in spirited dialogue as well as more carnal intercourse. Truthfully Caster is simply someone who wants to expand her horizons as far as they'll go by experiencing everything the world has to offer. The pleasures of sex, sparkling conversation, intellectual study and the arts, she wants to immerse herself deeply in all of it. In an era where women's place in society was so restrained Caster desires more than anything the freedom to define herself as her own "ideal self".

She deeply admires passionate people, having encountered many from all walks of life across her career as a courtesan. Caster has seen people's hearts blaze with many things, from a desire for wealth or eternal beauty to accomplishments in battle and glory that will last beyond time. She doesn't discriminate, finding beauty in all passions even if their results might be ruinous. Conversely Caster shows nothing but cold indifference to those who merely drag themselves through life without any true passion in their heart. Humans who shackle themselves to a sense of duty and live following the expectations of others are no different than inanimate sculptures in her eyes--- no, they're surely far lower than sculptures.

Caster will openly try to flirt with anyone who catches her eye, which mainly equates to having a unique passion that ignites her interest. She doesn't hold attachment to her lovers after the fact but nor does she treat them as merely tools for her pleasure either. Rather, each and every encounter is a precious memory engraved upon her heart. Her ideal love is one that burns fleetingly to leave a mark that will never fade, and she fully strives to live in accordance with that. Caster doesn't distinguish between women and men in her qualifications for a lover, though she admits to only having familiarity with the latter from life.

Caster is used to a high standard of living and extravagant in matters of money. Upon summoning she will likely express dissatisfaction with her Master's living arrangements and immediately endeavor to procure something more "suitable", such as purchasing an entire luxury hotel which she reinforces with her Magecraft to serve as their fortress. She has no sense for the secrecy of the Grail War stating that beauty is obliged to flaunt itself. However Caster is also a surprisingly pragmatic person who is willing to use cunning and underhanded strategies when necessary.

Caster's reason for summoning is for another chance to become her "ideal self". However she doesn't seek the Grail for that, seeing no value unless it were achieved with her own hands. If she were to win the Grail Caster would simply wish for full incarnation in the World to continue her journey of self-discovery.

Incidentally, Caster has a fondness for frogs and toads stemming from her nickname with them. She's well-aware that this makes her seem somewhat like a stereotypical witch.

Likes: passionate people, picking up new skills, sex, sculptures
    Dislikes: repressive piety, unmotivated people, low-class living spaces
    Talent: everything on the path to becoming her ideal self
    Natural Enemy: Xenocrates, Phidias

Class Skills:

Territory Creation- A
    The ability to formulate a territory advantageous to oneself as a Magus. As a priestess of Apollo Caster can establish a "Temple" where her spellcasting abilities are heavily boosted. However Caster favors instead creating a "Bedroom" that strengthens the emotions involved in sexual rites. Said "Bedroom" is woven with several magical defenses and anti-scrying shielding to ensure she and her partner have some privacy, as well as enchantments to allow them to go beyond their normal limits of stamina.

Item Construction- C+
    A talent to craft items tinted with magical energy. Caster has no anecdotes of creating anything in life, but through channeling the Saint Graph of her most famous lover the sculptor Praxiteles she obtains this Skill. Allows to create humanoid-type golems of marble, gold and bronze. Through her Origin For Art (Sculpture) Skill familiars modeled after herself will have their effectiveness further raised.

Personal Skills:

Manifestation Of Beauty- C+
    The formidable charismatic nature one has as a Goddess of Beauty. A power to captivate others. A legendarily beautiful woman who was likened to the goddess Aphrodite, Caster obtains this Skill. In the famous episode of her trial for impiety, Caster needed only to disrobe to overturn a guilty verdict and convince the judges to spare her, for one so beautiful could surely only have been blessed by the gods.

As a Skill Caster's exposing her full beauty qualifies as a potent mental attack, rendering observers stunned and speechless and momentarily stripping opponents of the will to fight. However she dislikes relying on this aspect too much, saying "some things are more tantalizing when they're kept hidden".

Incidentally--- Caster's true name in life was actually "
    Mnesarete
    Commemorating virtue
    ". The name "
    Toad
    Phryne
    " she identifies as comes from the yellowish complexion of her skin, which was also a title given to other courtesans and prostitutes.

Pillow Talk- B
    Permits the borrowing of abilities from those one shared carnal union with. Caster claims that this is only natural for a legendary courtesan, who were expected to share their clients' interests at least enough to hold an engaging conversation. Never being satisfied with half-measures Caster takes this to the extreme in having actually mastered numerous crafts from her many lovers, all having sprung from post-coital conversation.

Donates Caster access to a plethora of abilities from her most illustrious lovers, including fine arts, charisma, even riding and spearmanship from having entertained generals (yes, she's heard those puns before). Her most significant Skills are Item Construction- C+ from Praxiteles and Rhetoric Arts- B from Hypereides who defended her in legal counsel. Additionally Caster can also absorb a small amount of knowledge and memories from every individual she sleeps with in the Grail War, further broadening her repertoire.

"Imperial Privilege? Yes, I suppose a prostitute is rather like an empress when you consider it... though I suspect many in the latter position wouldn't be pleased to hear that."

Origin For Art (Sculpture)- A
    Caster's beauty inspired numerous sculptors who sought to immortalize it, with the most famous work being the statue of Aphrodite of Knidos designed by her lover Praxiteles- the first sculpture of a nude woman in Greece. As a result any golems or homunculi created using Caster as a baseline will possess far superior functionality than normal.

It can be said her body itself is a catalyst that serves to amplify the effectiveness of any mysteries recreating the human form. Even a single hair or drop of Caster's blood added to an already complete homunculus will significantly boost its output. However since Caster herself is not primarily a sculptor, this Skill's full benefits can only be reaped if her Master happens to specialize in such things.

Golden Rule- B
    Qualifies one's fortune in attracting wealth. Virtually guaranteed a lifetime untroubled by money thanks to her numerous wealthy clients, Caster obtains a high rank in this Skill. Undoubtedly the richest self-made woman of her era Caster's financial assets are an equally great weapon as her beauty and Magecraft. Integral to utilizing her Noble Phantasm.

High-Speed Divine Words- C
    The power to activate thaumaturgy without the use of Magic Circuits. The language of the Age of Gods, back when words played a heavy role in spellcasting. As such, it is a power long lost by modern magi. While it was outshone by the other aspects of her legend, Caster was also a priestess of Apollo and hence possesses an affinity for magic. She specializes in light Magecraft, healing and divination. Incidentally the similarity to the archetypal "white mage" kit from an RPG amuses her. "What, you think a champion of purity should act more modestly? Yet you're the one having lewd thoughts ufufufu..."

Noble Phantasm
    Asiménio Apokatástasi
    Destroyed By Alexander, Restored By Phryne The Courtesan

Type: Variable

According to a certain famous anecdote Caster singlehandedly offered to finance the repairing of the walls of Thebes, that had been devastated by Alexander the Great, only insisting in return that the words "Destroyed by Alexander, restored by Phryne the courtesan" be inscribed upon them. Finding it shameful to be indebted to a courtesan the city elders refused Caster's generous request, allowing the walls to remain in ruin.

As a Noble Phantasm this allows Caster to with the permission of the original owner "restore" things to their original/optimal condition by expending the assets of her Golden Rule Skill. Skipping the normal steps involved Caster need merely to throw a shower of coins at the damaged target to enact a miracle akin to potent healing Magecraft.

However its true power is far more insidious, granting Caster a degree of conceptual ownership over what she restores. For instance if she restores a building it will become her personal territory. If she repairs a broken Noble Phantasm Caster will be able to wield it as her own and even turn it against the original user. In the most extreme case if another Servant trusts Caster enough to let her restore their Saint Graph, she'll gain a Command Seal pertaining to them for the rest of the Grail War. A fitting ability for one regarded as a conniving courtesan whose offers are never quite as generous as they appear...

So here's my second entry to the contest. As usual if you like both of them around equally much, be sure to vote for the one with the most votes currently. That way I have the most chance at winning anything.

Blog Entries
    that might just be the most nsfw fc i've ever seen posted on these threads

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamerad View Post
    that might just be the most nsfw fc i've ever seen posted on these threads
    I can recall Ail Don's Ismail Bin Sharif with a really blatant bulge and Shiki-pon's Absalom had outright topless girls in the background. Nevertheless I can spoiler-tag or change it out for a different one if you think it's a problem.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I can recall Ail Don's Ismail Bin Sharif with a really blatant bulge and Shiki-pon's Absalom had outright topless girls in the background. Nevertheless I can spoiler-tag or change it out for a different one if you think it's a problem.
    Things that are deemed "NSFW" should be spoiler-tagged according to Forum rules.

It doesn't hurt to be safe, at least.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Things that are deemed "NSFW" should be spoiler-tagged according to Forum rules.

It doesn't hurt to be safe, at least.
    Thanks for the heads-up. I considered it a bit of an edge-case but you're right it's better to be safe. Tagged.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh look at me, finally dishing out the reviews I've promised like TWO WEEKS ago.

Brokk & Sindri: GOW spoiled me forever because I simply cannot imagine these two as anything else but a manlet in gold and a silver-skinned manlet so apologies if they are supposed to be anything else but those. BUT YES THIS IS ME ABSOLUTELY DROOLING OVER A WYVERN SHEET? Of course it is. There’s only one thing I hate about this sheet and it’s the fact it eventually ends. I wish I could read them talking to each other forever, their banter is so good. (Also lmao at them roasting LOTR. Yasss girlfriend.)

Jean-Baptiste Etteilla: THERE YOU GO CAPTIVATING ME WITH A FC OF BEST P3 BOY THIS AIN’T FAIR. Good to see that the sheet has as much quality as your impecable taste in FCs. Also, cartomancy? This is an art I’d never come up with for this month’s theme, so this alone is so creative and so deserving of praise. I loved this man;

Telesilla: I LOVE HER?? QUESTION MARK??? Whenever someone manages to create a good Watcher-class Servant an angel is born in the heavens, as one knows, and this is the perfect example. I could never I’m so jealous of you people who manage to create good extra class servants teach me your ways. Also, it’s so tricky to come up with ways of accommodating Nasu’s greek lore into sheets but for once I think you did this perfectly. I had a blast reading this sheet.

Dorian Gray: Yeah yeah sure, just come here and drop a nuclear bomb like this dude and then leave, sure. WOW? THIS IS SO GOOD? This might be one of my favorite renditions of this sleazeball. It humanizes him but at the same time makes him seem even more detached from humanity, it gives him an interesting flair, and as always it’s such a pleasure to read your sheets. They’re very pleasing to the eye, it’s almost like we’re twin formatting siblings. (/FLEES) BUT REALLY. YOU OUTDID YOURSELF YET AGAIN.

Tchaikovsky: Holy. Shit. Alright, spoiler time but this might be, if anyone else doesn’t step up, my n.1 pick this month. There’s SO much to unpack here… There’s not a single thing I didn’t like about this Servant. Their dialogue is so charming, their skills are ethereal and melancholic, the whole sheet gives off such a… Such a peculiar feeling. I can absolutely empathize with both his Pyotr and Petrolina half, and what you did with them was PERFECT. Absolutely amazing. I’d never even entertained this idea and it makes so much sense that I cannot in good conscience see this man as anything else but this Servant from now on. (P.S.: Petrolina is perfect and deserves to be protected hell yeah you go girl fight the power.)

Miss Gardner: KAMERAD? ARE YOU OKAY? AFTER THIS PERFECT SHEET, DON’T YOU FEEL TIRED OF CARRYING THE WHOLE WORLD IN YOUR BACK? It always amazes me the way you can insert so much personality in your sheets with just skills and a NP, and it still feels like a realized character. I could never. Also, you creating a Foreigner was such a pleasant surprise!

“Archibald MacLeish”: I was so used to this particular way of revealing Pretenders that I almost lost the big impact shame on me if that happened. Good thing the sheet gave off such a peculiar feeling, like something was amiss, and it made me double check everything. But hey, kudos to you for making this unassuming dude become a great character! Also, that 3rd skill is just me during these two years of pandemic… I feel you, dude.

Marie-Jeanne Rose Bertin: I was so scared for the amount of pages I had to cover, but good thing y’all spent like two entire pages discussing bullshit. This saved me this truly surprising, endearingly cute Servant. FIRST OF ALL, YES. FASHION. FINALLY SOMEONE TACKLED THIS INCREDIBLE NICHE. Second, I simply love everything about her. Her relationship with the late queen is so wholesome, and her love for her art and for her art subjects is so… Ugh. Why do the good ones always have to go early? I can totally see her and that pink-haired LB fairy joining forces with miss Crane and starting a whole business in Chaldea. You go girlfriends, take the world.

Ferdinand Cheval: Jesus, Frigix, this character is nothing short of AMAZING. Very strong contender for a top 4, at least. There’s so much brilliance, so much beauty, as one Voyager class Servant should have. I simply found no faults in the sheet, it sucked me in and I couldn’t stop reading until I reached the ending notes. It was just this good.

Phryne: Okay, this is an art I didn’t even think about but… You know what. It’s certainly an art. And I’m in love with the concept you’ve come up with for her. THE DIALOGUES TOO, UGH, SHE’S SO… I want to call her big sister and ask her if she’d allow me to sleep on her lap. She’s so good.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Blog Entries
    Phryne: thats a really cool servant. Her whole kit is just so incredibly well thought out. Really one of your best recent works

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    WF, your kind and supportive words always put a smile on my face :>

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Whitefrenzy is an eternally positive saint among us sinners.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Thank you thank you.
    While I can't comment on everything like I used to so there's so much that gets past me in the CaS thread, at least on the MCaS I can still look at everything and be amazed at y'all's talent, I could never, keep being you. Also we approach the last week and usually people drop some serious behemots at last minute. I cannot wait.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Blog Entries
    Wave Maker1st AscensionFinal Ascension
    Spiritron Dress: Casual Artist

"Finally, my chance for 10 more years has arrived!"

Maker of Waves

Class: Caster
    Other Classes: Saber
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Origin: History

Height: 165 cm (5'5")
    Weight: 61 kg (134 lb)

Natural Enemy: Qin Shi Huang
    Attribute: Man
    Trait: Human, Spirit, Artist
    Armament: Brush, Chisel, "Sword"

Parameters

STR: D

END: E

AGI: D

MANA: B

LUCK: D

NP: A+

Item Construction (Ukiyo-e) (EX): The skills necessary to carve and print using woodblocks. Although not the originator of the technique, Caster is one of the few practitioners to carve his own blocks. Through his artistic influence he created the image of “Japan” within the World, resulting in an EX rank.

Territory Creation (Studio) (B+): Creation of an ukiyo-e studio, superior to a Workshop, becomes possible. All images of the everyday life may be captured and replicated within its confines.

Bond 1

The drawing of the wave is a deification of the sea made by a painter who lived with the religious terror of the overwhelming ocean completely surrounding his country; He is impressed by the sudden fury of the ocean's leap toward the sky, by the deep blue of the inner side of the curve, by the splash of its claw-like crest as it sprays forth droplets.

Bond 2

Source: 19th C History
    Region: Japan
    Dislikes: People interrupting his work
    Talent: Woodblock Carving and Printing
    Catalyst: An old woodblock depicting a massive wave

Is a workaholic.

Bond 3
    An artist with near unmatchable worldwide renown and influence. However, he was always insecure with the level of his talent. It was said that on his deathbed he wished for 10 more years of life so he could become a “real painter”.

Bond 4
    Personal Skills
    Mind’s Eye (Artist's Eye) (EX): The ukiyo-e artform is one focused on “capturing beauty” and translating that beauty to wood, then to ink, then to paper. Translation from one medium to other results in the subtlety of beauty being lost in each transfer. Caster’s skill at capturing the natural world resulted in portraits that were 1:1 with their real world counterparts. No detail forgotten or misplaced, all information perceived and remembered in perfect detail.

Appreciation of the Arts (A+): A high chance of identifying Noble Phantasms with artistic anecdotes. Caster’s work is so influential it is within the realm of possibility that certain Noble Phantasms are derived from works inspired by his own art, resulting in a check bypass and immediate on-sight identification.

Carve into Wood (A+): The essence of ukiyo-e, the essence of beauty carved into wood and replicated ad nauseum. This is not the skill of carving images into wood, it is the skill of capturing the essence of the World into wood and replicating it in art. Without this skill, Caster’s images would just be that, images. With this skill, they become images that transcend into life itself.

Bond 5

Thirty-six Views of Mount Fuji: Fugaku Sanjūrokkei
    ~Ukiyo-e; Life in Wood and Ink~

Type: Reality Marble
    Range: ???
    Max. Targets: ???

Mount Fuji, one of the three Sanreizan of Japan, textually hangs over Japan as her great goddess. Caster, attempting to master his artistic craft, captured Mount Fuji and the life underneath her from 36 different perspectives. From these perspectives all human experience was captured. Life, destruction, peace, leisure, work, civilization, nature. One of the single most influential collections of works within the Japan texture, it spread westward into Europe where it informed the artistic sensibilities of artists for generations to come and created the seminal image of what “Japan” was, is and always will be.

A multi-purpose Noble Phantasm that can only be classified as a Reality Marble. Physical woodblocks of the images found within can be manufactured and used to create prints, but the Noble Phantasm itself is held within Caster’s head and summoned forth through his artistry. All aspects of Mount Fuji can be manifested. Her beauty, her endurance, her protection, her destruction, her tranquility. Combat versatility nearly on par with Gate of Babylon is possible with the images brought forth from the artist’s Mind’s Eye.

Although named after a specific set, aspects of other works can be summoned as well due to this Noble Phantasm being a manifestation of Caster’s body of work. Yes, even The Dream of the Fisherman's Wife.

Thirty-six Views of Mount Fuji: Kanagawa-oki Nami Ura
    ~The Great Wave~

Type: Anti-Army/Fortress.
    Range: 1~99
    Max. Targets: 1000

A technique summoned from Thirty-six Views of Mount Fuji so prolific and widespread that it in of itself constitutes its own Noble Phantasm. A mighty wave, the image of nature’s relentless ambivalence towards Humanity, dwarfing even the Great Protector Fujisan. It carries with it the weight of the Japan texture as its most popular and enduring image. Many will point to it as a piece embodying “Japan” itself. The authority granted by it alone to its creator puts him on par with Servants much older, despite not being from that long ago.

A reduced form of this Noble Phantasm can be summoned as an inky, wave-like blade. Although not a swordsman in life, as the “Creator of the Embodiment of Japan” he inherits the skills necessary to wield all aspects of “Japan” including bushido. However, he will never be on par with even the weakest Sabers in terms of skill.

The real power of this Noble Phantasm comes from a True Name Release, where the full might of The Great Wave/Japan is unleashed onto the World and directed by Caster’s will, for his will and Japan’s are one in the same. No structure or army could bear the full force of an entire texture bearing down on them, but maintenance of such an attack would leave both Caster and his Master incapacitated for days unless a tertiary source of mana is used.

Bond 6
    True Identity

Caster’s True Identity is the prolific Japanese ukiyo-e artist Katsushika Hokusai, or simply Hokusai. He lived between 1760 and 1849 and produced some of the most famous images of Japanese life. When many people think of “Japan'' it is his images that come to mind.

A bastard child of a mirror maker and a concubine, Hokusai, then called Tokitaro, had no titles to his name but had developed a talent for painting at an early age. He apprenticed as a woodcarver until he turned 18 where he trained underneath ukiyo-e master Katsukawa Shunshō. The ukiyo-e art had been focused on the lives of courtesans and kabuki actors, but Hokusai would steer the artform in a different direction, producing prints with scenes of nature and day-to-day life.

It is not uncommon for Japanese artists to take on multiple names, but throughout life Hokusai had upwards of thirty names, reflecting his popularity. Riding the wave of “Japonisme”, his works were viewed the world over and influenced the Impressionist movement. The Impressionist Edward Degas once described him as “a whole world in himself.” The most popular of his works is The Great Wave off Kanagawa, sometimes known as The Great Wave or just The Wave, a piece of art synonymous with the nation of Japan itself.

Hokusai lived to 88 and died in May of 1849. It was said that on his deathbed that he wished for ten more years of life so he could perfect his craft. If these words of his were true, then one of the greatest artists of all time had not truly peaked.

Bond 7
    Personality

Hokusai is soft-spoken, and friendly but a tad bit lecherous. Hailing from the working classes, he speaks with an informal and rustic dialect and has incorporated modern slang into his vocabulary.

In his free time he likes to produce art while observing nature and hates people interrupting his work. He takes great pride in his art and still thinks he has room to grow despite his mastery. He’ll actively cringe at some of his older work, in a similar manner to how someone might cringe at their anime fanart they made as a child.

He also likes booze and has taken a liking to modern day strip clubs where he will draw pictures of the dancers and give them to them as gifts.

Heaven help you if you’re a female master. Keep your door locked and your curtains drawn. He will draw pictures of you without your consent. To him it’s just an innocent exercise, so he’ll need to be told the difference.

Having been acquainted with modern technology he has found appeal in hentai. Make sure you change your password constantly.

Outside of his less than pleasant habits, most will find him warm and welcoming. Few people appreciate the beauty of a sun-graced beach at sunrise. Fewer still find the beauty in a raging tsunami.

Bond 8
    Quotes/Relationships

“Greetings Master. I am Caster, the woodblock printer Hokusai. There never was an artist who embodied the spirit of Japan as much as I do.”

(if female Master) “Greetings Master. I am Caster, the woodblo-oh a lady master huh? Oh please, let Hokusai draw you like one of his Fishermen’s girls.” -gets slapped-

(to Phryne) “Vavaoom! Hello there~ I heard you were the source of many artists' inspiration. You’re inspiring a lot of things in me. Please, won’t you come into my studio?”

(to Rose Bertin) “Aw, one of my European contemporaries. Your patterns mimic the bows of the trees, swaying in a warm summer breeze. Perhaps we could collaborate in the future?” (oddly, not as horny here. he actually thinks of Rose as a colleague)

(to Dorain Grey) “Perhaps the width and breadth of your life experience shouldn’t be committed to canvas…”

(to Miss Gardner) “What a peculiar pigment. Such a colour cannot come from nature...can it?”

(to Clytie Van Gogh) “Van Gogh! If I recall you also worked in a bookstore. All the greats have to start somewhere. Of course, you also have my artistic influence to thank. Although...I sense something else had inspired you. Could it be...similar to that Gardner girl?”

Bond 9

The Great Wave: Redux

I know.
    It’s a little contemporary.
    And a little vain.
    But if I want to evolve as an artist.
    I have to push myself as far as I can.

Author Notes

lowkey surprised no one has used this FC for this Spirit yet

beat you to it

suckers