Page 3593 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 259330933493354335833588359135923593359435953598360336433693 ... LastLast
Results 71,841 to 71,860 of 79530

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

US Friend Code
    Did anyone ever translate Arcade Molay?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I remember seeing a video translation of his dialogue (he was cute) but his profile never got translated

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    TLDR; he just want his money back.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Ok, now we got the first real feel on Zenobia's character and so far she's there only as a stoic tsukkomi new to Eliza's antics. I feel like it a while before she gets any meaningful content and this wait isn't doing her any favors.

Like, Molay's shtick is being demonized by Innocent Monster just like Eliza was. She's the blatant Eliza foil, the same way Cleopatra was before in their shared beauty obsession as framing vehicle to their unhealthy need to obey public expectation, and Hime was in their idol vs fangirl/claustrophobe vs ochlophobe/extrovert vs introvert dynamic. You know what to expect with her, so her minor scenes never felt a wait for a more proper character introduction.

Zenobia, on the other hand, has no thematic threads in common with Eliza. What she has is her is the total loss of her reputation, a history she shares with Molay but their Servant versions deal with in opposite ways. Meaning Zenobia is most likely going to spend this whole wacky journey to Csejte Cinderella being a nothing character, and only when she gets to a direct confrontation against Molay in the end that we'll get a real feel of what the story is trying to say through her character and how respectfully they convey it.
    I'm honestly not holding any hope that they will portray her in a respectful way as this is a Halloween event, meaning Liz will probably get the most attention and Zenobia will just end as the typical sub-character that follows you around. I really hope I end up being wrong though.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Theadier View Post
    You seriously think that Fate will take out a Roman that has no relationship with Nero, even if they take him out they will only be there to say how good Nero was and how they imitated him even if it was the own Trajan
    I was under the impression the Nero wanking had kind of slowed down. If anything she seems to be more of a joke character nowadays.

Of course, if they ever release Mother Harlot then all bets are off...

US Friend Code
    Nero wank never ends
    Nero wank forever
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    I joined up around ch6 or something so that should be when it generally becomes consistent and has more proofreading etc, so that makes sense yeah.
    Oh, okay. Is it really as long Unlimited Blade Works? How many chapters are there?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

US Friend Code
    I don't know a comparison to UBW but it's like 2.5 times as long as the average Lostbelt chapter, which is why they released it in several chunks over the course of the summer. This is how thick LB6's script is printed out on paper.

JP Friend Code
    Ok, now we got the first real feel on Zenobia's character and so far she's there only as a stoic tsukkomi new to Eliza's antics. I feel like it a while before she gets any meaningful content and this wait isn't doing her any favors.

Like, Molay's shtick is being demonized by Innocent Monster just like Eliza was. She's the blatant Eliza foil, the same way Cleopatra was before in their shared beauty obsession as framing vehicle to their unhealthy need to obey public expectation, and Hime was in their idol vs fangirl/claustrophobe vs ochlophobe/extrovert vs introvert dynamic. You know what to expect with her, so her minor scenes never felt a wait for a more proper character introduction.

Zenobia, on the other hand, has no thematic threads in common with Eliza. What she has is her is the total loss of her reputation, a history she shares with Molay but their Servant versions deal with in opposite ways. Meaning Zenobia is most likely going to spend this whole wacky journey to Csejte Cinderella being a nothing character, and only when she gets to a direct confrontation against Molay in the end that we'll get a real feel of what the story is trying to say through her character and how respectfully they convey it.
    Part of why I have been fast-forwarding the dialogues. I read a bit, got bored by the "comedy" and skip ahead. Same as with ~80% of the dialogues in the summer event. I learnt to accept that average event plots and writing will happen more and more often from now on and adapt to it to save my time. I know when to stop for lore and when to fast-forward now.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    I was under the impression the Nero wanking had kind of slowed down. If anything she seems to be more of a joke character nowadays.

Either that or Extra Record releases first. Even her NP isn't shown yet as seen on my sig.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar

At least Mother Harlot might be an interesting take on Nero that might also reveal Beast VI lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    Oh, okay. Is it really as long Unlimited Blade Works? How many chapters are there?
    Counting prologue, epilogue, and in-between interludes, part 1 is 12 chapters, part 2 is 22 chapters, and part 3 is 10 chapters, for a total of 44 chapters. Linecount-wise they are 7530, 10041, and 5004 lines respectively for a total of 22575 lines. UBW is 22154 lines (more or less). Of course, word count differs a lot between lines so it's not a 1:1 comparison for length, but it's a pretty good ballfield for visualizing just how long this is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    At least Mother Harlot might be an interesting take on Nero that might also reveal Beast VI lore.
    I think the november event can be that.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Why would a Nero story have Heian spoilers? I'd get if it were Olympus spoilers since there's the whole reveal about Quirinus being a Grand.

Why would a Nero story have Heian spoilers? I'd get if it were Olympus spoilers since there's the whole reveal about Quirinus being a Grand.
    Perhaps it can take place between lb5.5 and lb6? If not I wonder how can they center an event around Seimei or something...
    Last edited by NeroFan; October 22nd, 2021 at 12:59 PM.

Lord Barthomeloi
    Blog Entries
    So something interesting about today's event; Ritsuka's body is made into a vessel for an Outer God, and contains a Holy Grail in them (though this should be noted as being something that recently entered their body without anyone knowing).
    As a TL of the relevant part of the scene:
    Spoiler:
    (Molay has us gripped by the neck)
    Molay: I've got no reason to explain it to you, fufufufufu. But, I'm in a terribly good mood, so how about I explain it anyway, hm? You've been looking all over the castle for it, but the Holy Grail is right hereーー inside Ritsuka! Well, I'm actually surprised too. The Holy Grail I was looking for, the moment I found it, disappeared somehow? I was searching all over, I ended up curse a whole lot of things too... but just now, I've finally identified it. The Holy Grail is inside this person right here.

guda) The Holy Grail... is inside me!?

Molay: Indeed, that's why I had to go so far out of my way to cause a ruckus! Remember, young master of Chaldea. If you overlook a trivial mistake, it can still turn into a fatal accident.

Napoleon: I see. Grandmaster Jacques de Molay. You're the one who tried to guide us to the castle by any means--

Molay: Oui, monsieur! That's my purpose here! To take the Holy Grail from them! I was never even as anxious as a flea! Because I predicted exactly this sort of thing! If it was to save the princess, I knew you'd come to this place! I came here because it's Halloween, and you would always come here on Halloween!

guda) Before, when I lost all my memories of Halloween...!

Molay: A great success! That's been my job! And now, you're mine! You're in my hands now! And it's all thanks to that little princess over there

Elizabeth: Eh... princess...? Eli-chan, this is no time to be pleased.

guda) It really isn't!

Elizabeth: I'm sorry, it was expected of Eliza, but I'll reflect on it anyway!

Molay: Now then, Master of Chaldea? Here's your mask.

choice A) Mask?
    choice B) What do you mean...

Mordred: Hold up. Hold up just a minute now! They're getting bigger... what the hell!?

Zenobia: Ritsuka is putting on a mask! Geh, they're transforming into...!

Molay: ... In the name of the Mother, the Son, and the Depravity. Limitless liberation. Endless pleasure. Release that heart, and be beckoned to the ultimate depravity! Iä! Iä! King of the Forest! O' Bearer of Fertility! Materialize in the hollow of night, we praise you as you arrive in the abyss of the world! Iä! O' Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young! Release your spirit and mind into this young body! Give the blessings of the Mother Goddess of Darkness!

Guda(?): !

choice A) The castle is transforming!
    choice B) Somehow, I'm not getting any bigger!?

guda) Huh?
    guda) What is this me that's looking at a giant me?

Elizabeth: ... Huh, are there two of my little deer now? Did they split or something? There's the big one over there... and the smaller see-through one there... Ah, maybe it's a situation like I was in earlier!? I wasn't translucent but~♪ I'm a little pleased we're in the same position~♪

Mordred: This isn't the time to singーーー!

The Great One Bearing a Mask: !

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    congrats kids you get your first non-shota male eldritch host
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

It only took 6 years for the " it was inside you all along" to finally happen.

So when the group finds out Barghest's true name, they said that she be weaker as a result of that? Is that thing that's supposed to happen?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs