Page 297 of 620 FirstFirst ... 197247287292295296297298299302307347397 ... LastLast
Results 5,921 to 5,940 of 12386

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post

[spoiler=Appearance]

First Form

bionicle faceclaim pog

Blog Entries
    hey welcome back Lambda
    I soon start compiling again for the new milestone
    when leave a dm when you are ready to add the contest compilation, what i sent just needs the recent contest.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "Spooky scary skeletons, send shivers down your spine. Shrieking skulls will shock your soul, seal your doom tonight~"

-----------------

Caster

"Oh, you'll have your reward for trespassing into my territory, and don't think about running off without collecting either. By dawn I'll have swallowed your soul or my name isn't Koschei...that's your cue to start running - zehahaha!"

True Name: Koschei
    Epithet: "He Who Does Not Know Death"
    Region: Slavic Folklore
    Alignment: Neutral Evil
    Dislikes: Old Hags, Thieves
    Talents: Horse-riding, Sorcery
    Natural Enemy: Ivan Tsarevich

Parameters
    STR: (B) END: (E) AGI: (C) MGI: (A) LCK: (C) NP: (A)

Character
    Caster takes the form of Koschei the Deathless. There are many theories as to the origins of the immortal sorcerer, with the most popular being he was the Khan of the Polovtsian people, named Könchek who turned to the dark arts to preserve his glory for all eternity, but nobody knows for sure. Upon being summoned, Koschei immediately asserts his authority as the Sorcerer-King over his feeble mage Master in order to maintain control of their relationship and get what he wants. Cold and calculating, Koschei will feign friendship and grace to his allies but all humans are nothing more than tools for him to use. It is for this reason he can lie to others with a completely straight face and puts innocent lives at risk without a second thought. Cruel and sadistic, he will construct convoluted plans all for the sake of causing maximum pain and despair to those who dare oppose him even if a simpler strategy was more effective.

He is not without weaknesses however, beautiful women are particularly distracting to Koschei's thought process and he would put off pursuing an enemy to predatorily pick up chicks whilst disguised with a glamour spell to hide his true nature. Another idiosyncrasy is that he is a miser and a hoarder, after just a few days his Master's apartment will be full of magical objects mixed with mundane trinkets that Koschei picked up and can't bear to throw away as it will certainly come in handy someday.

In regards to a Holy Grail War, Koschei is in no rush to go out and fight the other Servants. He is much more concerned about putting his Master - who he calls his "precious treasure" in a safe and secure location. Then, he would go about securing his Master's apartment and turning it into a Workshop to collect and store Mana. Once he is ready, he would go out and start engaging with the enemy Servants by blasting them with powerful spells. Even if he were to face the Knight Classes with their Magic Resistance, Koschei isn't worried and just fights on for even if he is struck down, his Noble Phantasm lets him try again the next day. Koschei is certainly not above fighting dirty and will target enemy Masters and will even use things like innocent bystanders as shields if need be. Despite his façade of nobility, honour is not a word in his dictionary.

His Wish Upon the Grail? Despite having achieved a form of immortality, Koschei is rather vain and self-conscious of the fact that his legend emphasises his hideous and ancient body. Thus his wish would be to change his appearance into an eternally young strapping gigolo.

Skills

Class Skills

Item Construction - (A)
    A Caster-class Skill. It is the Skill to manufacture magical items, from implements of war to items for daily use. Also, this Skill requires time to gather components and manufacture items. As the Sorcerer-King, Koschei had a hoard of magical items that he had created over the years that became the subject of heroes' quests to steal, from cloaks of invisibility to magic rings and so on. With enough time and the right materials, Koschei is able to create an abundance of magical objects from the mundane utility types to ones actually useful in combat and to loan out to his Master for a price.

Riding - (B)
    A Class Skill of Rider and Saber class Servants, denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles with Rider-class Servants typically possessing the highest rank. It is said that dragon type mounts are an exception, requiring a different ability other than Riding. Despite Koschei not being either of the usual two Classes that have this Skill, his use of the Double Summon Skill grants him the powers of the Rider Class. As a result, most vehicles and animals can be handled with above average skill, even vehicles that did not exist in the time period Koschei was alive in, for they are no exception. However, he cannot ride the likes of Phantasmal Species such as Monstrous Beasts.

Territory Creation - (A)
    A Caster-class Skill. It is the Skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus, such as for the purpose of collecting mana. Upon being summoned, Koschei's first order of business is to remodel the interior of his Master's quarters to fit the domain of the Sorcerer-King from the thrice-tenth kingdom. At this Rank, it is possible to create a Workshop or even a Temple that will continuously absorb mana from local Leylines and send it to Koschei to lessen the need of mana from his Master.

Personal Skills

Double Summon - (B)
    A rare Personal Skill possessed only by a few select Servants, permitting them to simultaneously possess Class Skills from two distinct classes. It is said that due to Koschei's long distant past as a conqueror that he has the memory of riding through the battlefield on his trusty steed engrained deep into his soul and why despite being famous as the Sorcerer-King, he also has the qualities of the Rider Class. As a result, even when summoned into the Caster Class, Koschei is able to use the Riding Skill of an equivalent Rank to this Skill.

Dreamlike Charisma (C)

A variant of the Charisma Skill, brought about by an enchanted aura surrounding the user which casts a subtle sleep spell on those who gaze upon Koschei. This causes those who fail a Check to become slightly drowsy and much more prone to agreeing to Koschei's words, not unlike a hypnotic suggestion. Koschei was fond of this technique to coerce people to do his bidding and commit acts they otherwise would object to. It also grants a minor boost to his allies who follow his directions. It is said that heroes were able to resist Koschei's words by the use of music to keep them focused, particularly by borrowing an enchanted gusli from Baba Yaga that would play by itself while they faced the sorcerer.

Familiar Creation [Knights] - (B)

A Skill that allows the user to create a familiar and control it from a distance. Despite his powers over necromancy, Koschei is unable to fully summon his loyal followers, the Burya-Bogatyr (Storm Knights) from beyond the grave. Yet because he is vain, he found a workaround and magically constructed some suits of armour and stuck some local wraiths inside to haunt them and serve as his Familiars to wait upon him hand and foot. Although they can fight with their swords, against a Servant they are little more than a nuisance and only really pose a threat to Masters if they try to swarm one.

Noble Phantasms

Свобода
    The Wind Tipped Mare of Chaos and Cruelty

[Type: Anti-Unit], [Rank: B], [Maximum Range: 800 Metres], [Maximum Number of Targets: 1]

Svoboda, the trusted steed of Koschei. Some say it was a beloved warhorse brought back to life through the powers of necromancy whilst others say it was a beast born from the howls of the wind itself. Whatever the case, it is a strange creature as while ostensibly a horse it is striking to behold for not only does it have seven legs but it is also intelligent and can speak human tongue. Despite (or perhaps because of) its apparent deformity, Svoboda is able to run faster than the wind to the point where everything else appears to be standing still. Being a combat horse, Svoboda can also take part in battle itself and use its extra legs to try and kick or trample the enemy. For his part, Koschei does not care to use Svoboda in combat unless absolutely necessary, in part because the horse always starts prattling on about inane things and gets distracted by anything that takes its fancy, but also because Koschei couldn't bear to lose her again.

------------

Коще́й Бессме́ртный
    The Matryoshka World Egg

[Type: Anti-Unit], [Rank: A], [Maximum Range: 0 Metres], [Maximum Number of Targets: 0]

The crystallisation of Koschei's legend is his very nature - "the Deathless". No matter if he is stabbed, decapitated or even vaporised...Koschei will always rise once again come the next morning. The reason for this is through dark sorcery, Koschei managed to "move" his Concept of Death outside of his body to an external location. Where you ask? Why, in the most auspicious place of course - hidden inside his Master's very body...without their knowledge of course. Even if the Master is killed, so long as the Fabergé egg-like object in their body is undamaged then nothing will happen to Koschei. But if it were to shatter, the bounded field contained inside will be released and the mythical moving island of Buyan will materialise in the nearest large body of water. It is then a race against time for Koschei as he must simultaneously protect the island from intruders whilst also building up enough mana to seal the island back into the Fabergé egg, otherwise if an enemy enters the island and manages to destroy the mystical Oak Tree at the centre which contains the needle housing Koschei's external soul, then he will crumble and turn to dust having finally encountered his "death".

Relationships

Anastasia Romanov - (Speaking to Viy): "Ah, if it isn't the Chief of the Gnomes. How nostalgic to meet a relic from the Kievan Rus'."

Habetrot - "Hmm!? For a moment I thought I sensed that old hag, Baba Yaga. But I see only a child before me."

Gray - "A gravekeeper? Heh, don't think that you'll be sending me off to the afterlife so easily."

Grigori Rasputin - "You know it to be true Priest, don't deny it. We may be bad, but it feels so good~"

Medea - "Such a beautiful princess - perfect for becoming my next bride. Give me some sugar baby."

Paracelsus - "I hear that you successfully created The Philosopher's Stone. Perhaps we should compare notes...you first of course."

Red Hare - "No thank you. I've had enough of one talking horse, I don't need another one."

Vlad III - "A vampire? No, not quite a Dead Apostle but comparable. I shall be taking a quick sample...ah, I wasn't asking for your consent."

Creator's Notes
    The backstory for this one is long and convoluted. So I was thinking about lynching people as you do, and I got to wonder if there was any etymological connection between the verb "To lynch" and the Dungeons & Dragons creature "Lich" since that comes from the Old English word "Lych" meaning "Corpse" which only survives nowadays via derived words such as Lychgate which is a special kind of cemetery gate, thus my thinking was maybe lynching someone was to "corpse them". Anyways, it turns out there isn't any connection as the verb "to lynch" comes from the American Lynch Law named after somebody called Lynch which itself hails from French de Lench meaning "the Hill". But nevertheless since Halloween is upon us I kept thinking about the Fantasy creatures known as the Lich anyways and though it did not serve as an inspiration, there does exist a somewhat similar figure in Slavic Folklore and so I felt like making a spooky sheet around him.

The Faceclaim is naturally the depiction of the Lich in the 4th Edition of Dungeons and Dragons. It should also go without saying given all the Evil Dead quotes, but the Deadites and their interactions with Ash played a part in shaping Koschei's personality.
    Last edited by Skull; October 31st, 2021 at 07:27 PM.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Servant Caster:

Appearance:

Source

True Name: Simonides

Alignment: Neutral Good

Strength- E
    Agility- D
    Endurance- D
    Mana- B
    Luck- C+
    NP- B

Personality
    A laidback and down-to-earth old man. Pragmatic at heart, he's suspicious towards lofty ideals of goodness which he sees as largely self-destructive in those who strive to obtain them. Yet Caster still has a strong sense of morality, having nothing but praise for those who strive to be good even in the face of a vast and uncaring universe. His mentality is one that tolerates evil while still championing righteousness.

Caster has a miserly streak and is somewhat obsessed with making money. Even as a Servant, he can often be found taking on various odd-jobs to rake in some extra cash. He adapts easily to the modern-age and will likely take to publishing his poem recitations through an online medium. Caster doesn't have much in the way of shame and will gladly do even ridiculous things to earn a quick buck, like riding through the streets on a unicycle while juggling. That said he still won't stoop to ways of making money that'd violate his ethical principles.

As a poet who invented the lyrical genre of "
    Epnikion
    Victory Ode
    ", Caster greatly admires heroes who surpass their limits and perform exceptional feats, considering them the spark for his creativity and examples of the finest humanity is capable of. Thus in the Grail War he's overjoyed to be summoned alongside the various heroes of legend who inspired his verses. That said Caster is still cynical of some of the reasons driving people to become heroes, believing that naive ideals can become destructive to oneself and others if followed recklessly. Caster is quick to say that if you choose to became a hero it should be for your own reasons and to fulfill your own sense of pride, not out of obligation or duty to some vague ideal.

Thus Caster can act as a sort of mentor-figure to younger heroes, tempering their idealism with reality and helping guide them to become their best selves.

Dislikes: stingy patrons, excessive standards of virtue, pretentious people
    Talents: composing and reciting poems, praising heroism, mnemonics
    Natural Enemy: Scopas

Class Skills:

Territory Creation- EX
    The ability to formulate a territory advantageous to oneself as a Magus. Rather than creating territories such as a magus workshop like normal Casters do, Simonides establishes a "Memory Palace" inside his own mind that continuously archives everything he sees and hears. By delving into it Caster can retrieve buried or overlooked information, though this puts him in a seeming trance to the outside world. This Skill comes from the anecdote where Caster devised the first ever Memory Palace to identify the victims of a collapsed dining hall, correlating their positions during the meal with corpses found in the rubble. In this way he can be said to have originated the first mnemonic-system.

Item Construction- D
    A talent to craft items tinted in magical energy. Caster can only create clay tablets and papyrus scrolls on which to inscribe his poems and nothing more.

Personal Skills:

Lyric Poet- A+
    Measures one's proficiency in ancient Greek lyrical poetry. Lyric poems were meant to be recited, often before a crowd and to musical accompaniment. They served a variety of purposes such as honoring the dead, commemorating victories, stoking the courage of soldiers before battle, seducing lovers and cutting an enemy's reputation down to size. As one of the nine great lyric poets of Greece Caster obtains a high rank in this Skill. Acts as a composite of Eye For Art and Alluring Euphony at the same rank.

Caster can easily recognize Noble Phantasms with artistic anecdotes and his voice imparts a powerful fascination Magecraft-like effect when reciting poems. The defining trait of Caster's poems was their ability to elicit powerful human emotions so his melodic Magecraft specializes in evoking within the target whatever feelings he wants conveyed in verse. Exhilarating triumph or crushing grief may be stirred with equal ease, a potent mental interference attack that can throw enemies off-guard from their wavering emotions.

Protection Of The Divine Siblings- B
    A Skill denoting favor from Dioskouri, the divine twins of Greek Mythology. According to a certain legend a nobleman by the name of Scopas refused to pay Caster for his victory ode due to likening him too many times to the immortal siblings Castor and Pollux. While at a celebration for the same victory Caster suddenly heard that two young men were waiting to see him. But when he came out to greet them he found nobody there and the dining hall had collapsed behind him, killing Scopas and many of his family. So the story goes, the divine twins themselves had repaid Caster's admiration by sparing his life from the disaster.

As a Skill this syncretizes with the "St. Elmo's Fire" associated with Castor and Pollux and said to guide weary sailors at sea. When in a dangerous situation Caster will periodically see the right course of action highlighted in ghostly blue-white flames. In essence a variant of the Revelation Skill.

Miser- B
    Qualifies one's frugality in gathering and spending wealth. Caster was said to be the first in history who insisted on compensation for his poems, gaining him some degree of infamy. Once when offered a small sum to dedicate a victory ode to a minor mule race Caster refused only to change his tune when the price was raised, opening with the grandiloquent pronouncement "Greetings, daughters of storm-footed steeds!". This Skill minimizes Caster's degree of spending Mana to remain in the World, but in return makes him more susceptible to charm and fascination-type effects.

Noble Phantasm
    Encomium Epinikion
    Gods, Hear My Song And Praise The Champion's Glory

Type: Anti-Unit

Encomium is a genre of ancient Greek lyrical poetry based on glorifying the feats of an individual, frequently likening them to various legendary gods and heroes. As Caster is thought to have pioneered this poetic style he obtains it as a Noble Phantasm. While in the past veneration was the purview of ancient heroes and gods Caster introduced the concept that it could flow to anyone who performed sufficiently great feats.

Crystallizes the greatest popularization of his style, the "
    Epnikion
    Victory Ode
    " offered to celebrate a triumphant athlete in the Olympic Games or sometimes in honor of a military victory. As such to invoke this Noble Phantasm Caster needs first to witness his target performing a sufficiently exceptional feat to spark his artistic interest. This can be anything from defeating a hundred enemies in battle to surmounting a high-jump bar or solving a particularly fiendish riddle. The criteria are subjective and depend more on Caster's interest than the nature of the accomplishment itself.

In any case upon assessing the target as "one worthy to be enshrined in art" Caster will then commence a poem for their glorification. This poem has the effect of strengthening the target's abilities and parameters relevant to whatever accomplishment they performed. For instance one who slew a seemingly invincible giant might gain an armor-piercing special ability, or a runner would have their agility raised to superhuman levels. Furthermore Caster may also pepper his recitation with references to various other gods and heroes who performed analogous feats.

In this case the target can obtain Skills or Noble Phantasms possessed by those other figures, albeit to a weaker degree. For instance granting a runner the swiftness of Achilles, a boxer the divine Pygmachia of Pollux or a Mage the High-Speed Divine Words Skill. This Noble Phantasm serves to empower other Heroic Spirits and can even raise ordinary humans to the level of low-tier ones.

So this'll probably be truly the last Servant sheet I'll be posting up in a while, have other writing-projects to work on. I also went back and added his Lyric Poet Skill to my old Sappho sheet, recalling Koga's remark that there should probably be a universal Skill for all nine of them. As usual comments and critiques would be welcome. Thanks for reading!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Koschtschei r really good i must say interesting interpretation though the second noblephantasm involvement with his Master is scary i must say

Well done solid servant but would in 10/10 cases not summon him.
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    Simonides: At first the Rayleigh picture and some skills are really fitting the character in picture ,aside that really good and classic well done i must say also i am glad that my idea with the lyric poet skill was helpfull or like that i was for some servants a inspiration for you Royd . The noblephantasm is a clever idea ,i could Imagine that he would be for Shkrou the perfect servant as they would i can see together repair some apparati ,help out in some Cafes ,he would teach him well and through his support could Shirou win under circumstances the grailwar !

I am curious what would he think of my Aischylos as fellow Father of Entertainment or poetic genre ?

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Has anyone ever done an innocent monster beast before?

(Someone who was good during life but got demonized into becoming an evil of humanity ala Angra Mainyu)

I'm a peaceful woman with bad intentions. Lady Vanatos's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Be the change you want to see in the world, little one
    Current FGO setup

Reading Vespasian for the idea of 'Hey what would a post Nero clusterfuck Roman Emperor' would be like and also because I don't know the man

There's some really amusing stuff like how he was a shitty janitor (had the job to keep Rome's road clean) but an amazing Soldier and instead of being a corrupt as fuck governor in Africa as expected he went around making allies to the point he actually lost money and had to pull mortgage, to make up he started selling mules and then he falls asleep during one of Nero's Lyre Plays. Shit's just hilarious to imagine really

And then you have people in Judea and Egypt going around dude can work miracles which can be fun depending on how you work it.

Also the piss tax thing (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pecunia_non_olet)

Noble Phantasm would probably be the famous Colosseum (Construction started in his reign)

Final Note
    Vespasian- Fucking philosophers REEEEEEEEEE
    Mothman- Ah I see you are a man of culture as well
    Last edited by BoktaiMoon; October 31st, 2021 at 11:11 PM.

Blog Entries
    Be at peace.

I am not your ending, nor can I say that I am your savior. I am simply one who must fulfill his role in the world. Nothing more, and nothing less.

This world views death in such a negative light. They fight it with every facet of their being, yet they can no more stop it then deny its existence. Death to them is nothing less than the final cruelty bestowed upon them.

Yet, Death is no more cruel than kind. It must be delivered without prejudice or malice. It cares not for situation or station, for even the gods themselves find it metered out unto them.

The one who would carry out such a divine mission is one who must share these traits. A being who would see no difference for sending child or elder beyond, for there is truly none in the eyes of Death. A duty not even the greatest of the Hashashin could partake.

And so, I have come. Take my hand and allow me to lead you beyond toward what comes next.

Should you refuse, you will discover why I was chosen.

And that I find great joy in my calling.

Made it just in time! Happy Spooktober!

Death

Class: Assassin
    Other Classes: Voyager
    True Name: Thanatos
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Place of Origin: Greece
    Height: 193 cm.
    Weight: 82 kilo.
    Dislikes: Tricksters. Trust.
    Natural Enemy: Sisyphus. EMIYA.

Parameters:
    STR: B
    END: A
    AGI: A
    MGI: C
    LCK: B
    NP: A

Class Skills:
    Magic Resistance (A):
    Cancel spells of A-Rank or below, no matter what High-Thaumaturgy it is. In practice, the Servant is untouchable to modern magi, so it would not be an exaggeration to title the Servant a "Magus Killer".

Shroud of Lethe (A):
    A modified form of Presence Concealment that has been crystalized into a cloak.

Instead of concealing him completely, it instead limits the perceptions of those around him. When activated, his target becomes the only one capable of perceiving him unless they are connected to them in some manner, are able to “perceive Death”, or have perception abilities that surpass in rank.

Divine Core of the Death God (B):
    A composite Skill that comprises the Skill Divinity, preserves the absoluteness of the mind and the body, repels all mental interference, prevents the body from growth and prevents the figure from changing no matter how much calories are absorbed.

Rank lowered due to Servant possession.

At the Boundary (EX):
    None are more familiar with death than a god of Death. Even when manifesting as a pseudo-servant, Assassin’s rank in this Skill is unable to be altered.

Every successful strike has a slightly below average probability of instantly killing an opponent. He is also immune to instant death, fear, or any other charm effects.

Personal Skills:
    Evening Bell (EX):
    Both Thanatos and Kirei are intimately familiar with the rites of passage and funereal proceedings of those passing on, though from differing parts of the world.

Death strikes without warning, or perhaps with all the warnings one could ever desire from it. Impartial, without agency, emotion, or reason. It comes for all. It must simply be more patient with others.

Acheron (A):
    Acheron was a river formed from the meeting of Cocytus and Phlegethon near the barrier between the Underworld and the mortal world. After dipping in the Lethe to remove their memories of their former life, souls seeking reincarnation would be placed into Acheron to be washed back into the world, purging them of any impurities.

This Skill allows Assassin to avoid any impurities whatsoever, completely nullifying corruption and infection from any physical or metaphysical influence.

Anti-Spirit Combat (A+):
    During his time as an Executioner for the Church, Kirei learned several techniques to oppose villainous spirits. Add on Thanatos’s inherent advantage against spiritual bodies as that which takes them to the afterlife within a vessel suited for such work, and he bears the highest possible rank without reaching the realm of immeasurability.

Aptitude for Slaughter (Hands) (A):
    A Skill Assassin wouldn’t otherwise have were it not for his vessel.

As an Executioner, Kirei was sent to slaughter any enemies of the Church, ranging from Dead Apostles to mages. While he used Black Keys, his true effectiveness in battle came from his use of Bajiquan, his own form ascending past the typical practitioner. When attacking unarmed, Assassin gains advantage against humans.

Noble Phantasm:
    Chains of Cocytus: Frozen Lamentation (B)
    Bounded Field

The chains Assassin was known to carry to shackle souls before dragging them to the afterlife. Carved out from the ice of Cocytus, these chains are one of the ultimate binding Noble Phantasms, even capable of entrapping Divine beings.

Rather than preventing the activation of Skills or removing the bound target’s strength, the chains create an incredibly powerful Bounded Field around the target that simulates what it is like to bathe within the river. The mana within them is instantly frozen, their strength and power siphoned by the cold that surpasses understanding.

The target is left a shivering mess unable to act as their will slowly fades away in the eternal freeze. Humans usually die instantly from the shock while Heroic Spirits are able to survive, if thoroughly restrained.

Phlegethon: The Flaming River (A)
    Anti-Unit

The fiery river of punishment that flows down into Tartarus, Phlegethon bore a flame that could even scorch Divine beings. This xiphos was forged in the flames of Phlegethon and gained the aspect of “a flame that burns even divinity”.

This burning weapon exudes a torrent of flames that disintegrates everything mortal it comes into contact with. However, Heroic Spirits and Divine beings will instead find themselves engulfed in flames, finding them assaulted by a soul-wrenching char that attack their very essence, burning them both inside and out until nothing remain.

As Thanatos was not a fighter, this weapon was mostly used as a tool of punishment, incinerating and removing a mortal instantly from the cycle of reincarnation. However, his vessels combat ability has provided him the means to use this weapon to its fullest.

Styx: The Severing River (B)
    Anti-Mortality/Divinity

The prototype of Harpe, this scythe was created by his sister Styx as a gift.

This weapon is imbued with the same properties as her river, capable of severing the mortal from the immortal. When Achilles was dipped into the river as a baby, the mortality present in the demigod was washed away all except for his heel. Had he been fully immersed, he would have become a god, if only a minor one.

Instead of creating new deities, this weapon severs the immortal soul from the body so it may be carried to the afterlife. When used against Divine beings, it instead temporarily removes their immortal nature, allowing Assassin to finish the job.

Unfortunately, unlike its predecessor, this weapon does not actually cause harm to those it comes into contact with. Sometimes the prototype isn’t always superior.

Lore

The personification of death and the twin brother of Hypnos, Thanatos was one of the outcasts of the pantheon for his relation to a subject no immortal being is comfortable with.

Child of both Erebos and Nyx, Thanatos was a primordial force that most other deities feared for reminding them that even they weren’t eternal. So great was this fear that they even went as far as to refrain from killing one another during the Titanomachy with the glaring exception of Cronus. Yet, it was only because of his existence that both Uranus and Cronus after him were able to be slayed at all.

It was not until the birth of humanity that Thanatos was truly allowed to fulfill his existence’s purpose. Becoming the force that ended lives and brought souls to the afterlife, Thanatos did his job diligently and without complaint.

Yet, Thanatos rarely interacted in human affairs, barely being mentioned or noticed, but always felt. The only times he is brought up are the noteworthy few when he was incapable of doing his job.

Still, Thanatos was always there, waiting patiently for the time his scythe would be called to action. Even in Chaldea, his presence can be felt, if not more literally now.

Personality

Thanatos himself has little to speak of in terms of personality. He remains more a force of nature than anything else, resolute in his duty and bearing little feelings toward anything else. The only thing that gets a reaction from him is if something prevents him from carrying out his duties. In that way, there's a certain innocence to him, which is part of the reason Sisyphus was able to trick him so easily, as Thanatos saw no reason to suspect anything foul in the request. Due to this, Kirei easily became the dominant personality in the duo, something Thanatos sees no reason to contest.

Kirei has changed slightly from his lifetime. Becoming the vessel for Thanatos alongside having the knowledge from the Throne has seemed to provide the answer he'd been seeking his entire life. While the joy he takes in the pain and suffering of others has not diminished, it is no longer something that compels him to take actions toward world-ending catastrophes. Progress?

Still, at his core, Kirei Kotomine remains the same. He revels in the destruction of what others hold dear, performs his duties to the letter and perhaps beyond, and strives to accomplish his goals no matter what the cost.

Relationships
    Ereshkigal/Ishtar: Even now, you continue to thrive. I should have killed you back then.

Rasputin: Do not desecrate the dead. It is time to render judgement.

Hades: How ironic.

Sisyphus: It is once more time for your punishment, trickster.

Heracles: *chuckle* To die in such a way. Seems not even you can fight Death forever.

Achilles: Your mother should have immersed you fully. Perhaps you could have done more instead of dying to a lacking bowman.

Amour: This is unexpected.

Kama: Revel in your depravity. Let us see where it leads you.

Sitonai: Do not worry. I have no more need for you.

Gilgamesh: These two still get along. No surprise there.

Craft Essence

The man performed his duty, and said he took no joy in it.

He killed and destroyed. Maimed and slaughtered. A cold machine performing his duty.

And he denied himself satisfaction.

For his joy was evil. It reveled in the pain of others. It laughed in presence of despair.

He knew from the beginning he was broken. An aberration in the eyes of the Lord.

Yet, he continued on, cursing and resigning himself to a hollow existence filled with spilt tears and blood.

He loved humanity, but he could not love himself.

A dead man seeking life.

Creator Notes
    If anyone wants my take on Thanatos when it comes to Machine Gods, he's likely either a ship or just a program that gained a Terminal whose job was to decommission broken or useless parts of the ships working alongside its twin Hypnos which was either another ship or a shutdown program. Happy Halloween.
    Last edited by Morg van Destro; January 21st, 2023 at 03:53 PM.
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

Blog Entries
    Ruthless posts, my dudes
    A lich, a philosopher and a priest walk into a thread...
    All three are really enjoyable and have creative takes on their legends. Good halloween vibes

Test test, am i looking fancy?
    or does this look more casual?

I should add what I found about fonts in my blog
    Last edited by DelRey; November 1st, 2021 at 07:57 AM.

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Definitely looking fancy.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NINE-lives View Post
    Quiet day huh.
    Really don't need to make a post just to say that, especially when the last sheet was actually only a few hours ago.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Sorry about that.

Blog Entries
    Sorry about that.
    little tipp if you are bored read the last released servants here and mak a feedback about them as you seem to have the time .

I'm a peaceful woman with bad intentions. Lady Vanatos's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    NINE Lives the type of person to randomly walk up to you while on the job and go, "Nice weather we're having" as its literally storming outside and then be awkwardly silent for the minute following. Its adorable really
    Current FGO setup

Blog Entries
    Sorry about that.
    pspspspspsspspspspsps

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    You having a stroke?

Blog Entries
    Nitty read kogas recent servant

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    here kitty kitty