Page 310 of 620 FirstFirst ... 210260300305308309310311312315320360410 ... LastLast
Results 6,181 to 6,200 of 12385

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Baron Magnus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Kabalisto Koga: I like it enough that I'm actually going to link it in my sheet. thank you. good job, it's fairly good.

RoydGolden: The reason for how I went about them is because they basically variants of the original class skills. I originally was going to do class skills and then personal skills but found that what I wanted to do was redundant and so went this route; turning those personal skills into class skills. That said, I could make it more clear what they replace so I will. As for the sword, it's sorta the same situation with most archangels; there's no specific legend regarding any piece of equipment and him especially by name. After searching around for about 4 days for a mythological sword that had ties to the original abrahamic religion I had to choose two; that one or the literal longinus. I settled on laban because it had specific mentions that an unnamed angel gave laban the sword and then warned nephi about laban's plot. that said I realize I could tie metatron better to laban by mentioning him being the one so I'll make that change.
    Rookie Lorekeeper, Amateur Extraordinaire, and all around nasunoob.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Magnus View Post
    RoydGolden: The reason for how I went about them is because they basically variants of the original class skills. I originally was going to do class skills and then personal skills but found that what I wanted to do was redundant and so went this route; turning those personal skills into class skills. That said, I could make it more clear what they replace so I will. As for the sword, it's sorta the same situation with most archangels; there's no specific legend regarding any piece of equipment and him especially by name. After searching around for about 4 days for a mythological sword that had ties to the original abrahamic religion I had to choose two; that one or the literal longinus. I settled on laban because it had specific mentions that an unnamed angel gave laban the sword and then warned nephi about laban's plot. that said I realize I could tie metatron better to laban by mentioning him being the one so I'll make that change.
    Ah, that makes sense. Though I'm still not wild over the logic for her NP. Since she's a Ruler there's no obvious reason her NP has to be as sword in the first place so I think something to do with the Cube or her role as heavenly scribe would be more fitting than just a random vaguely divine sword. I gave Durandal to my Lancer Gabriel sheet but there at least was an anecdote of her owning (though not wielding) it in legend.

Huh, mettatron seems like a pretty well put together servant, I quite like how the sheet is formatted

I would ask why they are genderbent, but at this point I’ve fortunately grown somewhat numb to it.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MalacodaZero View Post
    Huh, mettatron seems like a pretty well put together servant, I quite like how the sheet is formatted

I would ask why they are genderbent, but at this point I’ve fortunately grown somewhat numb to it.
    Thats a trademark of the fate franchise bear it Waifu is Laifu .
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Hey! There are a ton of husbando's too!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sources: Pix'n Dojo, Facebook.com. Mehguman, Reddit.com. Wallpapercave.com.
    I've noticed this before in your sheets but why bother linking sources if you're going list facebook pages and random wallpaper websites? Those are not sources.
    This is the source for your first image and this is the source for you last one. Also you could at least link mehguman's reddit post or twitter instead of typing out reddit dot com.
    I found all of those in like 2 minutes.

I'm not going to harp about sourcing everything because half the people on the website, me included, use other people's art as their avi with no source available unless someone asks, but if you're going to do it you should actually link to the artists instead of other websites that also stole their work.
    Last edited by pinetree; November 8th, 2021 at 05:59 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As the theme of genderbending were mentioned that is one of the bet of official servants i saw \/

can someone make perhaps a Irene Adler servant with that picture ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Baron Magnus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    MalacodaZero: Frankly? She originally was going to be male but none of the faceclaims I could find on google felt right. Even the original female ones I was going to use didn't sit well with me until I remembered Mythra and... well the rest is history.

Pinetree: You know, you have a valid point. I'll correct that and link them in the future... which, not going to lie, this actually works out better. Saves on space and in the case of no usernames it doesn't skew the formatting.

RoydGolden: I see your point. I'll think more about the Noble Phantasm. I think the idea of 'Taking a divine sword using authority' is a good idea for her but you have a good point about Laban itself not having good ties... hmmm, maybe I'll simply make that her noble phantasm. Either way, the new idea will take some time to develop. That said, thank you for the criticism. I like growing my skill set in regards to sheet making and this community has proven really good with that.
    Last edited by Baron Magnus; November 8th, 2021 at 07:11 PM.
    Rookie Lorekeeper, Amateur Extraordinaire, and all around nasunoob.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    As the theme of genderbending were mentioned that is one of the bet of official servants i saw \/

can someone make perhaps a Irene Adler servant with that picture ?
    I would honestly love to (As a fan of the original Sherlock Holmes short stories), but if I did it would be a while since I currently have a bunch of other sheets I'm working on.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    RoydGolden: I see your point. I'll think more about the Noble Phantasm. I think the idea of 'Taking a divine sword using authority' is a good idea for her but you have a good point about Laban itself not having good ties... hmmm, maybe I'll simply make that her noble phantasm. Either way, the new idea will take some time to develop. That said, thank you for the criticism. I like growing my skill set in regards to sheet making and this community has proven really good with that.
    That new NP definitely fits more, yeah.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Has anyone ever done a melqart or Heracles-melqart sheet?

Blog Entries
    Finally updated my sheet compilation blog post. Lambda, if you will, pls put it in the OP thx.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I don't think your supposed to put your own sheet compilation blog in the OP

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's linked on the creator index.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This will be my 1000th post.
    And it is a special one.
    I present to you my very first Servant.
    No really!
    Before I set foot here I already made Servants with questionable results. The explanation is another can of worms.
    This guy is the first real concept I put to paper. Of course I polished him up, but the concept is still original.
    You will read "Foreigner" somewhere in there, but this is just a reference, unnecessary even, to his origin as part of a story involving an invasion of Foreigners so to speak. I discarded this idea for an overarching story with them.
    Anyways, here a convoluted mess that is educational, weird and most of all, me.
    Enjoy.

< - ⪻ - ⋘ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- ≛ -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⋙ - ⪼ - >< - ⪻ - ⋘ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- ≛ -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⋙ - ⪼ - >

"Oh hello there, young magus. Nice to meet you! So. Where to begin. You will need to take notes to understand me, my friend! Hahaha."

R U L E R
    of Mathematics
    = Nicolas Bourbaki =

First Ascension

Second Ascension

Third Ascension

Final Ascension

Spiritron Dress: Travelling Outfit Fireworks Festival

Class
    Ruler
    Alternative Classes
    Archer, Caster
    True Name
    "Nikolas Bourbaki"
    Aliases
    Mathematical Phantom, Royals of Numbers
    Origin
    History of Math, Historical Fact
    Height/Weight
    176cm/68kg
    Alignment
    Chaotic Good
    Attribute
    Human, Phantom

STR END AGI MAN LCK
    E E E D C

Dislikes
    fighting, war
    Talent
    calculations, intuitive thinking
    Natural Enemy
    BB, Foreigners, EX-rankers
    Armament
    pen, ruler
    Catalyst
    any work of Von Neumann

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Class Skills -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >Class Skills

MAD Enhancement A
    A wordplay by Von Neumann. He formed the military theory of Mutually Assured Destruction, short MAD. It is the strategy that was most prominent in the era of the Cold War. The theory is based on the fact that nuclear weaponry is so devastating that no government dares to use them. Neither side will attack, because both sides are guaranteed to be destroyed in the conflict. No side can win and no side can survive. It allows Ruler to raise his own parameter during combat to the same level the opponent has to create the MAD situation. The longer the fight drags on, the better because his parameters as a modern hero are low and winning is rarely the goal, just creating a draw is enough.
    The downside is it is about a one on one situation, if he is up against two opponents, the Skill will have problems adjusting and the output is weaker. It is also not possible to win a fight through normal means. Ruler stands for neutrality and peace.
    Temporarily raises Parameters to the same Rank he calculated the enemy has and forces a standstill in a fight, assuring that a conflict with him is pointless. There can be no winner and by using an NP only losers because both could potentially perish.
    Can raise Parameters up to rank A, if the opponent has a higher rank, this particular Parameter can "bug" for him and not raise properly.

Number Space Creation EX (D+)
    Renamed Territory Creation Skill.
    Ruler is able to open a rift to the Imaginary Numbers Space. Thanks to Hamiltons accomplishment in introducing the Quaternions into the world of math, he obtained this ability. Quaternions are a mathematical construct, which was the first of its kind. They are similar to Imaginary Numbers and in application they allow an easier calculation of problems related to three-dimensional space, even allowing to ignore calculations regarding space and time itself.
    Future mages and engineers could work together and prove the existence of the Imaginary Numbers Space. Using Hamilton's equations laid the foundation of an Imaginary Numbers Dive by rotating objects inside the real numbers into the Imaginary Numbers. The result of it all is the Paper Moon now residing inside Chaldea's Shadow Border.
    Neither of the bright minds of Bourbaki are sure how to utilize this ability without harming reality and themselves. Therefore Territory Creation is effectively ranked D+.
    Ruler has the ability to build a small study named the Prähilbertraum, where they can think of new great formulas and identities.
    The introduction of the
    Pre-Hilbert Space
    Prähilbertraum
    , the inner-product space, in mathematics by Hilbert induces a
    norm
    length
    and therefore
    metric
    distance
    In said room Ruler knows exactly the euclidean data of everything in it. How many sites a book has, the radius of the wine glass, the volume of the trash can, the length of the enemy sword, the weight of a fist, distance to an enemy, etc. It is just a small space, but if he can lure an enemy into it, it tremendously helps in his Rapid Calculations and therefore in his MADness Enhancement.
    Von Neumann likes to call the study "The Pre-Hilbert Room", a wordplay on the German word "Raum", meaning both "room" and "space".

Recurrence Theorem B
    A skill almost renamed Yo-Yo Effect by Von Neumann.
    The Recurrence Theorem of Poincare states that certain systems will, after a sufficiently long but finite time, return to a state arbitrarily close to or exactly the same as their initial state. A skill that influences the time parameter changes are active. Foreign effects that lower his parameters have a shorter duration. Buffs from allies have a shorter duration as well, but to the slower rate of decline near the original point, they become a strongly diminished, but long-lasting buff. The parameter increasing effect of MADness Enhancement after combat doesn't stay that long either, but a small part of them are engraved in his saint graph manifestation and permanently increase his combat ability. He may become stronger, but the effect just leads to a quicker adaptation to the opponent's parameter during combat.

True Parameter Estimation D+
    A renamed, offshoot effect of Rapid Calculation, which can be compared to a low ranked True Name Discernment.
    When Ruler determined the Parameter of an opponent within a certain degree of error, there is a high chance that the true Name is revealed.
    Rather than seeing the true name of Servants or their Parameter and Skills, the owner is able to calculate their Parameters through observation.
    Additionally through his "circumstances", he is able to identify many of the Outer God-Type Foreigners.

Connection to the Root E
    A skill belonging to Ramanujan. Already theorized by magicians of his time, the Indian mathematician had a connectionto the Akashic Records via his origin of 『 Natural Numbers 』. He obtained his beautiful equations directly from the Root itself and his mind interpreted it as a message from his goddess. It is this skill that grants a basic understanding of the Parameter ranking inside the Throne. Without it granting a basic comparison for ability data, Ruler could not calculate anything related to Servants. If the estimation of the Servant's parameter is correct within a small window of error, he receives the revelation about their identity as if he had True Name Discernment B.

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Personal Skills -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >Personal Skills

Pseudonym: N. Bourbaki B
    A skill that shrouds his True Name in uncertainty. Listening to Bourbaki makes it clear he is a man of high intellect, but his fusion of several bright minds from several different origins make it hard to identify him. Even one hears his name "Bourbaki", it won't clear the mystery. It was a Pseudonym for a group of French students, which changed the way how math was taught in European schools since Euclid.
    Somebody may find clues about one of Ruler's components, but the conflicting information is a hindrance determining who is inside the Phantom Fusion "Bourbaki". This skill additionally rejects any single-target mental interference attacks. The only way to influence Bourbaki's mind is to use mental interferences that can target at least five persons at once or if the attacker has Divinity rank C or higher. That is due to the collective minds in Bourbaki and the anecdote of Ramanujan receiving his formulas from the goddess Namagiri.
    Oh, it appears it is also the reason why some skills have weird names. Neumann just doing his thing.

Rapid Calculations EX
    A skill denoting the owner as someone who can process complicated functions in their head at the speed of a supercomputer. They can even divide the workload of calculations to each other like parallel computing. Due to Bourbaki not being a Caster, the effect of this skill is rather specialized. It can be used to calculate trajectories, speed and power of enemy attacks. Its prime use is in the calculation of the enemy's parameters.

Von Neumann was said to calculate 10x as fast as other fellow mathematicians, who were said to calculate 10x as fast as regular people.
    Poincare was compared to a bee, very concentrated when on one topic, but quickly switching to another. A study on his character described he could solve one issue in his conscious and another in his unconscious.
    Both of them were of the opinion that intuition in mathematics is the backbone of it, even preceding logic. Therefore at this extraordinary level, combined with the application of this skill, an Eye of Mind-like effect can be achieved during combat.

Appreciation of Numbers A+
    Each one of them was a genius in their own right. But what unites them is their incredible knowledge in mathematics and many related fields. They not merely understood mathematics but felt it. Oftentimes problems were not understood through logic, but intuition, an indescribable feeling of comprehension and appreciation of the subject matter. Because math is part of many fields of science, Ruler ventured into several other topics and gained knowledge and recognition in many different fields. Ruler is a polymath with expertise in history, physics, chemistry, philosophy, languages, engineering, astronomy and probably more. Poincare was titled "the last great Universalist", Von Neumann had an eidetic memory, Ramanujan saw Numbers as pieces of art and beauty, Hilbert became a physicist in his later years and Hamilton's reformulating of mechanics helped to better the understanding of astronomical movements.
    Especially Ramanujan is fascinated my numbers. Tell Ruler any number, even with many digits and he can tell you interesting facts about them.

Geek's Charisma C
    Renamed Charisma of Gifted Minds Skill, by Neumann of course.
    A personalized form of Charisma, belonging to those with great minds. An adoration for bright minds. Listeners hang on their lips when they talk about complicated problems no normal person would try to understand. A talent to enthrall others to listen to a genius explaining difficult tasks considered unsolvable as if it were the simplest thing.
    Everyone who talked to any of them knew instinctively, that they are in the presence of someone truly special. Hilbert was a charismatic teacher and rallied a large group of mathematicians behind a common goal to solve 23 great mathematical problems. Von Neumann amazed everyone with every sentence he uttered. Poincare was a populariser of math and physics and wrote several books, enticing the lay public for more interest in those fields. The beauty, understanding and love of and for numbers that Ramanujan, a self-taught poor Indian genius, is still adored and studied to this day. Hamilton's dignity and wisdom earned him the respect of the Clock Tower, despite not being a mage.

Riding.EXE B++
    Neumann...
    A strange variation of the Riding skill, akin more towards the Voyage skill. It allows the usage of any technology available when summoned. Includes all vehicles on earth and any system based on modern technology like computers and smartphones. It is a skill owned by Neumann through his Noble Phantasm. His conception of one of the computer archetypes, the founding of the field of Game Theory and his unfinished comparison of the computer and the human brain granted him this rare skill. In essence the last part allows Ruler "to ride" with his mind any computer-like machine and understand it instantly. Contrary to technomancy, which controls machines with the user's mind externally, he is able to manipulate the software by "hacking" internally.
    The B++ ranking stems from the Von-Neumann-Probes. A theoretical machine that acts as a mechanical one-cell mechanism that would allow the exploration of the universe.
    Somewhere in this rank is a hidden negative modifier, because the primary personality, Von Neumann, is a notoriously bad driver. Not advised to let him drive. Good that modern cars have self-driving modes. Now he can continue to read books while driving.

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Noble Phantasm -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >Noble Phantasm

Hilbertraum
    Norm of the World

Bourbaki takes a normal object he exactly knows the proportions of, preferably a pen, a ruler or anything else he measured perfectly prior, and throws it into the air. This object now becomes "the norm" and from it the Hilbertraum expands.
    The Hilbert Room is a generalization of the Pre-Hilbert Space to higher dimensions. It allows the natural geometric definitions we all are used to to be used as a broader concept in higher dimensions. As a Noble Phantasm it is basically just the expansion of the Territory Creation effect. To activate it Ruler needs first to have established a Pre-Hilbert Space. When done he chooses a regular object, preferably something elongated like a pen or ruler, and throws it into the air with the True Name Release. He has to know exactly the object's measures for it to work.
    This object becomes "the norm" and is the central part of the Hilbert Space from which it expands.
    The Hilbertraum can be classified as a sort of Reality Marble, but in essence it is the opposite. He creates an area that enforces the rules of the Age of Men, the logic on which the world operates. His "norm" becomes a local pseudo Pillar, which pins the modern logic in place.
    In regular fights this effect is not noticeable for regular Servants, as it just slightly boosts the accuracy of Ruler's calculations, but the effect it bigger than expected. Effects that oppose the physical laws of anything related to the norm on a macro-scale are suppressed. Weapons that can change size fail to function, things that conceptually become heavier can not activate, Spacebending techniques abilities are severely weakened, etc. An "Anti-Cheat Skill" for effects that defy common knowledge.
    It fixes the rules of men even in higher dimensions, meaning that they can not interact with our three-dimensional space. Only high-ranking abilities like Gate of Babylon can operate, but with lover efficiency. In it the connection to beings from outside our reality is weakened too. This affects Foreigners the most, but also Servants that gain benefits from Spirits not physically present.
    This also means that connections to the Imaginary Numbers Space are also limited. Not even Ruler can use his ability to connect to it.
    Breaking "the norm" which activated the Noble Phantasm will also end it.

MANIAC Model VNP
    Mathematical Analyzer Numerical Integrator And Computer Model Von-Neumann-Probe

The Noble Phantasm that grants the Riding.EXE skill. The Maniac was based on the Von Neumann Architecture and was most likely named by him. It was one of the first computers, but this Noble Phantasm is not a representation of any of the three Models in his name.
    Neumann once conceived a theoretical machine for space exploration, which was henceforth called Von Neumann Probe.
    It was a self-replicating machine for mining operations, which could use the resources on an asteroid or moon to build another version of itself by using the gathered resources. Each copy has the same ability to build another copy. Using the exponential growth it was thought this was the most efficient way of mining in space. This concept became popular in science fiction, some with dire ideas about terraforming and what was necessary to accomplish this on inhabited planets.
    Both of these devices are fused into an intelligent supercomputer. It too can replicate and it's replicas have the same functions as itself, except the self-replication ability based on resources. The cube (with a pretty sassy, yet mute personality) can connect to any modern device and is telepathically connected to Ruler. It is modeled after their brain after all, according to Neumann's unfinished paper he worked on during his last days. It can build weird cubical creatures with the copies it can produce, but they are no real thread for servants and more of a diversion. He can gift a cube to allies for distance communication on private channels. It is also a handy gaming console and streaming device. Don't tell the authorities tho.

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Lore and Background -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >Lore and Background

Nicolas Bourbaki:
    Nicolas Bourbaki is the collective pseudonym of a group of mathematicians, predominantly French alumni of the École normale supérieure. Founded in 1934–1935, the Bourbaki group originally intended to prepare a new textbook in analysis. Over time the project became much more ambitious, growing into a large series of textbooks published under the Bourbaki name, meant to treat modern pure mathematics. The series is known collectively as the Éléments de mathématique (Elements of Mathematics), the group's central work.
    The group was born out of an inside joke and used humor as a cohesive for the group. A collective with the intention to gather mathematical knowledge instead of creating it. Their work being a direct reference to Euclid's Elements shows that too. They were also surprisingly humble regarding their accomplishments, staying secretive about their collective and continued to operate as a single man releasing the series. Only in 1954 is was released to the public that N. Bourbaki is no real man. The group even released news about the wedding of Bourbaki's daughter and a joke announcement of his death shortly afterward with many math puns, despite continuing the work.
    John von Neumann willingly chose this name instead of his own name as a Phantom Fusion.

John von Neumann:
    John von Neumann (1903-1957) was a Hungarian-American mathematician, physicist, computer scientist, engineer and polymath. Von Neumann was generally regarded as the foremost mathematician of his time and said to be "the last representative of the great mathematicians".
    Von Neumann made major contributions to many fields, including mathematics (foundations of mathematics, functional analysis, ergodic theory, group theory, representation theory, operator algebras, geometry, topology, and numerical analysis), physics (quantum mechanics, hydrodynamics, and quantum statistical mechanics), economics (game theory), computing (Von Neumann architecture, linear programming, self-replicating machines, stochastic computing), and statistics. He was a pioneer of the application of operator theory to quantum mechanics in the development of functional analysis, and a key figure in the development of game theory and the concepts of cellular automata, the universal constructor and the digital computer.
    Von Neumann published over 150 papers in his life and his last work, an unfinished manuscript written while he was in the hospital, was later published as The Computer and the Brain.
    A bright man who always carries a smile on his lips and a pun ready any time. Behind his goofy personality lies a bright mind, who could understand any problem in a matter of seconds and casually solve them. He made even mathematicians question if they are some themselves, so inferior did they feel to him. Still, he is never arrogant and will treat everyone as if they are friends, even if they do not laugh at his jokes.

William Hamilton:
    Sir William Rowan Hamilton (1805-1865) was an Irish mathematician who contributed to the development of optics, dynamics, and algebra—in particular, discovering the algebra of quaternions. Although Hamilton was not a physicist—he regarded himself as a pure mathematician—his work was of major importance to physics, particularly his reformulation of Newtonian mechanics, now called Hamiltonian mechanics. This work has proven central to the modern study of classical field theories such as electromagnetism, and to the development of quantum mechanics.
    The most dignified of the Phantoms. He carries himself with an aura that is due respect. A great mathematician, which discovery of the quaternions led to a breakthrough in the magical studies of the imaginary numbers space. Despite not being a magus, his knowledge was requested by the Clock Tower and was invited to share his knowledge. It could very well be that he is the father of the Paper Moon.

David Hilbert:
    David Hilbert (1862 - 1943) was a German mathematician and one of the most influential mathematicians of the 19th and early 20th centuries. Hilbert discovered and developed a broad range of fundamental ideas in many areas, including invariant theory, the calculus of variations, commutative algebra, algebraic number theory, the foundations of geometry, spectral theory of operators and its application to integral equations, mathematical physics, and the foundations of mathematics.
    Hilbert and his students contributed significantly to establishing rigor and developed important tools used in modern mathematical physics. Hilbert is known as one of the founders of proof theory and mathematical logic.
    During a congress in Paris, 1900, he presented a list of unsolved problems in mathematics and with a rallying speech he united the present mathematicians to solve them and carve a path for the future of their field. In a short time several of them were solved, but some are still a challenge even for modern scholars.
    A charismatic teacher and person. He was known to be an engaging tutor, who would casually walk with his students and talk about math in a lighthearted manner. Always optimistic and determined to look ahead into the future to further his beloved field. He wished to prove everything there is in mathematics, but then came Gödel.
    Despite that, because it is still mathematical proof he lightheartedly accepted that it is impossible for his goal to become real. He was also a teacher of Neumann and continues to talk to him casually.

Jules Henri Poincare:
    Jules Henri Poincaré (1854 - 1912) was a French mathematician, theoretical physicist, engineer, and philosopher of science. He is often described as a polymath, and in mathematics as "The Last Universalist" since he excelled in all fields of the discipline as it existed during his lifetime.
    As a mathematician and physicist, he made many original fundamental contributions to pure and applied mathematics, mathematical physics, and celestial mechanics. In his research on the three-body problem, Poincaré became the first person to discover a chaotic deterministic system which laid the foundations of modern chaos theory. He is also considered to be one of the founders of the field of topology. His works were important for the groundworks of gravity waves and special relativity.
    Poincare's genius was in part due to his tremendous intuition and creative mind. He could solve problems without thinking about them. A dreamy character, absent-minded all his life. His wife had to take care of all businesses, so he could concentrate - or not - on mathematics. He is a bit passive-aggressive towards Neumann, because of a remark of his. Neumann's prewar analysis of how France would stand up to Germany is often quoted: "Oh, France won't matter."

Srinivasa Ramanujan:
    Srinivasa Ramanujan (1887 - 1920) was an Indian mathematician who lived during the British Rule in India. Though he had almost no formal training in pure mathematics, he made substantial contributions to mathematical analysis, number theory, infinite series, and continued fractions, including solutions to mathematical problems then considered unsolvable. Ramanujan initially developed his own mathematical research in isolation. He tried to convince leading mathematicians of his formulas, but they could not be bothered. They were too novel, to strange and difficult to understand and mostly without proofs, due to the lack of paper (and need to in his mind). If not for G.H. Hardy who understood quickly what he sees is extraordinary and too complicated and beautiful to be false, it could have been Ramanujans great mind would have been forgotten in history.
    During his short life, Ramanujan independently compiled nearly 3,900 results (mostly identities and equations). Only a very few of them were proven correct. Even today his many results inspire new mathematical ideas and unsuspected use in different field like the study of string theory or black holes.
    A deeply religious Hindu, Ramanujan credited his substantial mathematical capacities to divinity, and said the mathematical knowledge he displayed was revealed to him by his family goddess Namagiri Thayar. He once said, "An equation for me has no meaning unless it expresses a thought of God. Even during his life magi suspected he has an Origin granting him access to the Root. Before the Clock Tower could investigate him, he returned to India to his illness and soon died. A silent man, who adores the beauty of natural numbers. He comprehends the world differently, math is for him art. His complicated identities and formulas were presented without proof, because they were just obvious to him.

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Quotes and Relationships -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >Quotes and Relationships

"Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things."

"Science is built up of facts, as a house is with stones. But a collection of facts is no more a science than a heap of stones is a house."

"1729 is a very interesting number, it is the smallest number expressible as a sum of two cubes in two different ways."

"An equation means nothing to me unless it expresses a thought of God."

"The will of the world is never the will of God."

"The infinite! No other question has ever moved so profoundly the spirit of man."

"If I were to awaken after having slept for a thousand years, my first question would be: Has the Riemann hypothesis been proven?
    Almost 80 years and still not? A shame."

When using the Hilbertraum NP:
    *throws his pen into the air so that it rotates and catches it in a very peculiar fashion*
    "Did you really just do that, Johnny?"
    "Is it what I think it is?"
    "Is that what is nowadays coined "Cultural Appropriation"?"
    "No, this is more like copying another's work. Johnny, a great mind like yours has no need for plagiarizing a move like that."
    "I do not know what you all mean! I did not copy any move, I promise! One could say I can…Galatine it…hehehe…"
    "Did he just mock my Indian accent?!"

"Ah yes…tell Van Gogh and Livermore and Paul Bunyan and Kingprotea…and all the other Foreigners and blessed by god Servants that I am sorry."

MANIAC NP:
    "Master, did you know that MANIAC can form different animals? Haha that way the Riding Skill deserves it's name!
    Okay look here! A horse! You heard of the Trojan Horse, but ever heard of the Cube-an Horse?
    Oh or look here! MANIAC can get some wings to fly around. Doesnt he look like a cute angel? Or...
    acute angle?
    What do you mean you take my legal guardianship for MANIAC away? Wait come back! MANIAC!"

Vlad III:
    "Are monsters good at math? No.
    Unless you Count Dracula! Hehe! Hehe...Oh that weapon looks dangerous, I go this way."

Mordred:
    "There is nothing Mordred-ed than calculus, huh? Huuuh? No, I don't want to fight, excuse me, Miss..."

Gawain:
    "Oh, the greatest mathematician of the Round Table. I greet you! Your Noble Phantasm is a great inspiration for me. Because of our common interest, we could consider ourselves...Algebros, am I right?
    Why you are a mathematician? Because of your Numeral of the Saint Skill, of course!... Oh come one, why do all people leave after some quality humor?
    "
    "You call this quality humor, Johnny?"
    "You two call this humor?"

Nero:
    "Why didn’t the Romans find algebra very challenging?
    Because they always knew X was 10! Haha!"

:umu:
    "She didn't get it..."

Veles:
    "A farmer counted 28 cows, but when he rounded them up he had 30. Hehe. Huuh? No he did not miscount...you see if you round up...ah forget it. Chaldea is not my audience."

Holmes and Da Vinci:
    "Master, a word?"
    "Master, it is about Ruler. Use a command seal on him or something."

"Is he dangerous? Oh no, is he a secret threat like most of the other recent Servants here?"
    "No. He is harmless. He is just a thread to me."
    "Huh?"
    "Master-san. Da Vinci feels threatened in her position as the greatest genius in Chaldea."
    "Holmes! Don't act all high and mighty! I know you are jealous too!"
    "Jealous is the wrong word, my dear. I feel excited to have another one of his intellect in Chaldea."

"Is he really that intelligent? His puns are..."
    "Master. Do not underestimate this man. He can solve problems other people need advanced programs for, which run the issue for days. Even if he has only vague knowledge about something, when conversing with him he absorbs information and gained more expertise in it than you when it ends.
    Some of the brightest minds in history are residing inside Ruler. It is actually almost a crime that Von Neumann has barely any recognition and should be as famous as Einstein."
    "Accomplishments in mathematics see less direct improvements on humans lives and the interest in this topic by the public is subpar. Only natural that even the greatest mathematicians needed to be phantom-fused to create one functioning Servant.
    Ruler is incredible for his recency as a Servant, it is not even funny. And I do not mean his jokes. But with him it is difficult to have an advantage during combat. Still, he is great for threat estimation and one-on-one fights. He will become a great asset for Chaldea."

"He is that great, huh...?"
    "You are the great Hans Christian Andersen? I always wanted to know, what does the Little Mermaid wear? Perhaps an Algae-bra? Huuuh?"
    "Oh no...."
    "That was not very smart."

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Craft Essence -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >Craft Essence

Wir müssen wissen. Wir werden wissen!

"We must not believe those, who today, with philosophical bearing and deliberative tone, prophesy the fall of culture and accept the ignorabimus. For us there is no ignorabimus, and in my opinion none whatever in natural science. In opposition to the foolish
    we do not know and will not know
    ignoramus et ignorabimus
    our slogan shall be
    We must know
    Wir müssen wissen
    We will know
    wir werden wissen
    "
    - 8 September 1930, David Hilbert

that was sweaty. 1000th came closer, i thought I could do another new servant, but after reading a bit, I knew it would take too much time. So I opted for something that was sitting dormant. Took a while to get back into the history of these people. It started after watching a video on Ramanujan, interested in it i read more about interesting mathematicians and decided to write this one up. It is the old concept and I only added some stuff and took nothing away to give an OG experience what I came up with almost 2years ago.

With this now out of the way, my next project is to participate in my own contest (yes, i have the hubris).
    After that I will begin working on Christmas Units! I have three Servants in mind to get Christmas Alts and you know that it will likely expand further depending on my imagination.
    But just so I have enough time to work on an entry in WF's contest prompt.
    I hope you all have some cool Santa ideas too :umu:
    site with neumann anecdotes
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Man, I love this one. He has a shit-ton of Class Skills, but I suppose it's still justified. Not an expert in mathematics, but I can see you've put a lot of thought into this one. A minor criticism, I'm still kind of iffy on him being a Ruler instead of say, an Alter Ego, since he doesn't possess any variation of the Ruler Class Skills (aside from True Parameter Estimation), and none of his components show any hints of him being "impartial" or fitting for the arbiter role (aside from their love of numbers and measurement I guess, which is still kind of a weak justification for the Class imo, if that's what you're going for). Aside from that, nice work.

The dialogues and puns made this sheet at least twenty times better though.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thing is it was made before i really got what alter-ego is i made him into a ruler as a phantom fusion. Lile moriarty and lobo or no alter-egos.
    And because he can not win any duel and just fight to a stalemate, i thought that ruler is fitting as well.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Congrats on the 1000 posts.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Has anyone ever done a sheet for the other avatars of Vishnu.

(Like narasimha for example).

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NINE-lives View Post
    Has anyone ever done a melqart or Heracles-melqart sheet?
    Quote Originally Posted by NINE-lives View Post
    Has anyone ever done a sheet for the other avatars of Vishnu.

(Like narasimha for example).
    There is a search function in addition to the Index at the front page, just so you're aware.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)