Page 1664 of 1893 FirstFirst ... 66411641564161416541659166216631664166516661669167417141764 ... LastLast
Results 33,261 to 33,280 of 37845

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

Blog Entries
    Honesly all the Atlas stuff kind of implies that Egyptian gods are kind of mechas too, Yu Gi Oh style.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Why do we give atlas a pass vs not giving extra/olympus magitech stuff a pass?

Is it cause the machines or whatever atlas use look like... more constructs than scifi?
    Who's "we", when was this pass given? Who are these people who don't know the Extra setting borrows a lot of terminologies/concepts from Atlas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sione View Post
    Honesly all the Atlas stuff kind of implies that Egyptian gods are kind of mechas too, Yu Gi Oh style.
    Would they have Yugioh card art orbs though?

Isnt the greek view of Egyptian gods that its mostly just the greek gods on the run from ...i dont remember... Typhoon?
    Last edited by madarra; December 7th, 2021 at 10:11 AM.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, there are hints in Atlas lore that they seems to be going on the Syncretism direction between the Greek and Egyptian gods.

Why do we give atlas a pass vs not giving extra/olympus magitech stuff a pass?

Is it cause the machines or whatever atlas use look like... more constructs than scifi?
    Since the "we" here is mostly just you, until further notice, I think you are the only person who will be able to answer this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

US Friend Code
    Yeah, there are hints in Atlas lore that they seems to be going on the Syncretism direction between the Greek and Egyptian gods.
    Well the only Egyptian god we've seen in the flesh was Anubis. His syncretic Greek equivalent was Hermes, right? Have we seen Hermes? Because Anubis is a big jackal in Requiem and I dunno if a Greek god in hiding would manifest that way.

Wasnt Hermes's Egyptian Form a baboon? So Thoth?

US Friend Code

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hermes is not listed amongst the 12 Mechgods, but Hermes blessings exist as one of Odysseus’s Skill and as telepathy magecraft Adele uses in Olympus.

Anubis’s “official backstory” has no signs of Greece, but that was just Erice recounting his legend as she studied it. We heard nothing from Anubis’s own mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I was going off Hermes Trismegistus being a sincretization of Hermes and Thoth

US Friend Code
    Thoth's wikipedia page does call him Hermes' equivalent

Blog Entries
    When people started studying other mythologies outside the greek/roman myths, they liked to compare them as such. Was just easier to grasp the god then, but also spread it as if they are just copy/pasted versions of them. Of course no the case, the egyptians for example have much older gods than the greek
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    Since the "we" here is mostly just you, until further notice, I think you are the only person who will be able to answer this.
    What i meant was many people have expressed dissastisfaction on the scifi elements of the setting, usually either pointing to extra or greek gods but I had the thought on atlas

Hence why I bring it up

Someone please stop nasu from putting mecha shit in all the gods, please.....

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    Isnt the greek view of Egyptian gods that its mostly just the greek gods on the run from ...i dont remember... Typhoon?
    They did that as atempt to find a explanation of why the egypts had Animal shaped Gods as the Romans later wrere wondering .
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

What i meant was many people have expressed dissastisfaction on the scifi elements of the setting, usually either pointing to extra or greek gods but I had the thought on atlas

Hence why I bring it up

Nasu puts mecha shit in everything not just the gods, why do you think every character always "turns into a machine"

Blog Entries

Hence why I bring it up

THats my talking i also dislike and rather finds that lazy to instead of researching dep into the mythologioc lore did they slam space and scifi elements instead ver it but that doesnt solve these blindspots as it provoce just more Questions atleast for me .

As for me have they not atempted to make something out of the Greek Mythology with to showing respect to the lores .

As for me i could find hundred Gree Lostbelts ideas without Space crap .

- - - Updated - - -

Nasu puts mecha shit in everything not just the gods, why do you think every character always "turns into a machine"
    likle his Odyseus right with a Megazord i had though of the Trojan horse as phnatasmal beast noblephantasm.

I was talkinng more about character mentalities turning them into machines, like Kiritsugu and other ultra goal oriented characters...

Phantasmal beast Trojan horse first give me the image of eating and pooping the greek ambush squad and only second of a phantasmal beast rampaging in Troy enough for greeks to break in.

Blog Entries
    I was talkinng more about character mentalities turning them into machines, like Kiritsugu and other ultra goal oriented characters...

Phantasmal beast Trojan horse first give me the image of eating and pooping the greek ambush squad and only second of a phantasmal beast rampaging in Troy enough for greeks to break in.
    Ah i understand what you mean now . yeah i see what you mean honestly i can understand when you have few charackters with that mentalitiy but i rather tend to mentalities that are deep in terms of philosophy like Saber i mean Arthoria , Iskander and Gilgamsh as the Kings Banquet in Zero werer one of my favorite anime dialogue scenes that i saw and left a impression .

also the talk of Gilgamesh and Kirei were some moments i found intersting .

How do you find these philosophic moments and topics ?

Also in the talk of Kiritsugo and Saber after the disposed sorry but thats the true Keyneths i am more on Sabers side with honor .

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    My opinion exactly. Atlas is in Egypt and uses a lot of ancient Egyptian aesthetics (obelisks, hieroglyphic writing), but has named some of its creations after Hermes and his Trismegistus derivative, has members with Greek names, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.