Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2345691454 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition - 2022

Quote Originally Posted by NCN View Post
    I am not. And this is turning more complex than I'm equipped to deal with right now. Do we even have any idea what might be going wrong here or is this just throwing things at the wall? Not to be rude, but I'd rather not start installing ancillary programs that may or may not even work.

If there is no dialog box or game window shown, you did not update the patches.
    If you get "Member kag not found", you did not update the patches.

Please update the patches first (see under section "How to UPDATE from an older version of Ultimate Edition:" of OP) then try running the game again

Quote Originally Posted by typell View Post
    Just tried that, same message. I think the fact that it can't find it is the problem.

it was in documents for what that's worth
    Please use the uninstaller and try again. *****************************file/24q2j...llers.zip/file
    Last edited by Alyinghood; January 3rd, 2022 at 07:04 PM.

Can someone answer why i can't return for the main menu?

Quote Originally Posted by Griskt0 View Post
    Can someone answer why i can't return for the main menu?
    You have not finished the prologue yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    You have not finished the prologue yet.

but actually i'm in the 6th day and i can't go to the main menu

@NCN Symbolic links most likely won't help, since the game engine doesn't really care which drive the save data folder is on. That's what the setting in "config.ksc" is for.
    As far as I'm aware, the behaviour is:

- If config.ksc does not exist, it will choose an existing faterealtanua_savedata folder (either from game dir, personalPath, dataPath or appDataPath).
    If the one in personalPath path exists from a vanilla install and is chosen, it might lead to problems.

- If config.ksc exists, and the path it hints to does not exist, a directory choice dialog will open.

Also, just to reconfirm: both the save folder on C and on D are empty, right? In that case, nothing in there could intervene with the launching of the game, and the error has to be somewhere else. Which is weird - if you have xp3 and exe files with the exact crc32 values specified in the top post, these are confirmed to work.
    Last edited by Bohemian Waxwing; January 3rd, 2022 at 07:40 PM.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    That being said, NCN, if you're still having issues, there is a portable "work around" that involves the sound of a Japanese cat...

(do note that we're not allowed to link or discuss what I'm referring to outside of literally, not figuratively, saying something like "the sound of a Japanese cat" sort of hint I provided)
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

@Alyinghood
    Yep, I can confirm the issue with "Return Top". After loading a save state, the button is almost always grayed out. Contrarily, when starting a new game the button works in the prologue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian Waxwing View Post
    @Alyinghood
    Yep, I can confirm the issue with "Return Top". After loading a save state, the button is almost always grayed out. Contrarily, when starting a new game the button works in the prologue.
    uh, i see. Thanks for the help, i tried restart and make the prologue again and worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Griskt0 View Post
    uh, i see. Thanks for the help, i tried restart and make the prologue again and worked.
    It's a bug. Until it's fixed, closing and reopening the game is the easiest method of returning to the menu.

Thanks a lot, Bohemian Waxwing. I tried running the game as administrator and it let me make a new save folder.

Is it possible to move the previous save data to the new folder?

Thanks a lot, Bohemian Waxwing. I tried running the game as administrator and it let me make a new save folder.
    Is it possible to move the previous save data to the new folder?
    You can just copy files from one save data folder to the other.
    Last edited by Bohemian Waxwing; January 3rd, 2022 at 08:18 PM.

including the .ksd stuff that's already in the new one?

including the .ksd stuff that's already in the new one?
    Depends on what you want. KSD files are game settings and flags, while the BMP files are the individual save points you create.

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    If there is no dialog box or game window shown, you did not update the patches.
    If you get "Member kag not found", you did not update the patches.

Please update the patches first (see under section "How to UPDATE from an older version of Ultimate Edition:" of OP) then try running the game again
    That worked. I can't believe it was so simple; I would have expected the versions included in the new install folder to be the most up-to-date ones to begin with.
    Thank you.

That worked. I can't believe it was so simple; I would have expected the versions included in the new install folder to be the most up-to-date ones to begin with.
    I did ask you in the very beginning if you had the exact patch files specified in "How do I know if I have the latest version of all the patch files?", didn't I...?

thanks a lot, everything seems to be working now

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian Waxwing View Post
    I did ask you in the very beginning if you had the exact patch files specified in "How do I know if I have the latest version of all the patch files?", didn't I...?
    The CRC values all matched up, which is what I thought you were asking about.

I would have expected the versions included in the new install folder to be the most up-to-date ones to begin with.
    The CRC values all matched up, which is what I thought you were asking about.
    Wait, are you saying that the CRC values for the most up-to-date patches don't match the CRC values listed in the first post?

In other words, the CRC values in the first post matched the patch files you originally had when you were having problems, but when you downloaded the most up-to-date patches, it solved all of your problems - is this correct?

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    Wait, are you saying that the CRC values for the most up-to-date patches don't match the CRC values listed in the first post?

In other words, the CRC values in the first post matched the patch files you originally had when you were having problems, but when you downloaded the most up-to-date patches, it solved all of your problems - is this correct?
    I don't know if updating them changed the CRC values or not, but at the very least the listed values matched the ones from the initial download.

I don't know if updating them changed the CRC values or not, but at the very least the listed values matched the ones from the initial download.
    So does that mean that the working patches that you have right now don't match the CRC values?