Page 7 of 70 FirstFirst ... 256789121757 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition - 2022

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    Then the question is, is the Linux port just the Electron port, or is it actually a true native Linux non-Electron port?
    The Linux port is the Electron port

死者 Corpse
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    The Linux port is the Electron port

Well, that seems cool oO

First of all, thank you very much for this wonderful project.
    There are a few things I would like to know. Let me ask you a few questions.

First, about the ".ks" file in "patch.xp3".
    In the 2019 version, I was able to open and edit the ".ks" file with a text editor, but in the latest version, I cannot open it properly. Why is that? Please tell me how to solve this problem.

Also, the contents of "patch.xp3" are quite different between older and newer versions. Why is that?
    The reason I ask this is that I used the Ultimate Edition files in early 2020 and personally created a merged version of the Classic and Re Nu versions of the text. The reason for this was to play the text of the Classic Edition in Japanese with the direction of the Re Nu Edition. Right now I want to migrate the text files (".ks" files) I created back then to the latest version of Ultimate Edition. Therefore, I would like to know if the fact that the contents of "patch.xp3" have changed in the new version will affect this purpose.

As for "patch_vita_ost.xp3", there is a difference in the contents between the old version and the new version. For example, "bgm50_vita.ogg", "bgm50_vita.ogg.sli", "bgm52_ps2.ogg" and "bgm52_ps2.ogg.sli" are only present in older versions. In contrast, "bgm52-loop_vita.ogg" and "bgm52-loop_vita.ogg.sli" are only present in newer versions. Why have some been added and others removed?

Also, the "...vita.ogg", which is present in both versions, the bit rate is lower in the new file than in the old one. Why is that?

I apologize if there are any mistakes in my English.
    Last edited by katatsuki3; January 15th, 2022 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by katatsuki3 View Post
    First, about the ".ks" file in "patch.xp3".
    In the 2019 version, I was able to open and edit the ".ks" file with a text editor, but in the latest version, I cannot open it properly. Why is that? Please tell me how to solve this problem.
    The text files in the 0.9 version weren't encrypted, while the ones in the present 1.0 release on mega are. One way to decrypt them is to use KrkrExtract v1.0.3.1 and check its option to remove text decryption (at the bottom left). Note that it adds a secondary file extension, though, so files will be named ".ks.txt". The txt extension would need to be removed when packing these files into an xp3 file again.

Also, the contents of "patch.xp3" are quite different between older and newer versions. Why is that?
    Improvements, bugfixes, refactors, etc.

The reason I ask this is that I used the Ultimate Edition files in early 2020 and personally created a merged version of the Classic and Re Nu versions of the text. The reason for this was to play the text of the Classic Edition in Japanese with the direction of the Re Nu Edition. Right now I want to migrate the text files (".ks" files) I created back then to the latest version of Ultimate Edition. Therefore, I would like to know if the fact that the contents of "patch.xp3" have changed in the new version will affect this purpose.
    Speaking specifically about the scene files (.ks files), you might be able to compare the old and new versions and transfer any changes (in flags and the like) to your own custom japanese scripts. Note that the present v1.0.0 release is already a year old and the developer version might have changed those files again.
    If your japanese is at native level, you might be interested in helping with improving the Ultimate Edition's Japanese text option (by joining classic and RN text and adding the neccessary flags). You would be working with the latest version of the files, in this case.

As for "patch_vita_ost.xp3", there is a difference in the contents between the old version and the new version. For example, "bgm50_vita.ogg", "bgm50_vita.ogg.sli", "bgm52_ps2.ogg" and "bgm52_ps2.ogg.sli" are only present in older versions. In contrast, "bgm52-loop_vita.ogg" and "bgm52-loop_vita.ogg.sli" are only present in newer versions. Why have some been added and others removed?

Also, the "...vita.ogg", which is present in both versions, the bit rate is lower in the new file than in the old one. Why is that?
    Maybe NM64 can answer these. He was heavily involved in the audio side.

So I'm trying to play Fate/Stay night with the ultimate edition and I keep getting sent off I use to have an issue with 1.3.11 kirikiri but I was told to delete 2 files so now that I am able to boot the game it keeps getting off so far these are my are my files

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...54/unknown.png
    https://streamable.com/mfp976

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    First off, as the resident grammar person, your English is very good.

"bgm50_vita.ogg", "bgm50_vita.ogg.sli"
    I recall a bug (or mistake?) where "Light and Darkness" always just plays the entire song rather than only playing the beginning and then playing the second part once you reach a certain point in the storyline.

...and I just confirmed that this bug/mistake still exists regardless of whether you use "Original" or "Remix" for that song.

I've got to assume this is one of the many things that'll be fixed in the elusive "next big version" and is related to why bgm50_vita.ogg has disappeared.

to Quibi and co: I don't suppose there's need for me to put together a fixed version myself?

"bgm52_ps2.ogg" and "bgm52_ps2.ogg.sli" are only present in older versions.
    Several PS2 songs have the same musical composition as the non-remixed PC RN songs, so we removed any PS2 songs that were like that due to basically just being a duplicate.

"bgm52-loop_vita.ogg" and "bgm52-loop_vita.ogg.sli" are only present in newer versions.
    You forgot to mention that "bgm52-loop.ogg" located in patch.xp3 is also new. (I'm only mentioning this because I was the one that actually put together the actual .ogg and .ogg.sli files for these "loop" versions)

Nevertheless, when "Disable forced auto-read" is enabled, bgm52-loop (whether the vita version or the non-remixed version) is played instead of plain normal bgm52.ogg because that song was originally used on a scene with forced auto-read and therefore would end in-time with the text. But with forced auto-read disabled, it's possible for the song to finish before you actually finish reading the text, so we instead loop the song in a seamless manner (which itself required a separate song file) until the reader reaches the according point in the text whereby it'll then fade out the music.

the "...vita.ogg", which is present in both versions, the bit rate is lower in the new file than in the old one. Why is that?
    The old one was re-encoded from the official OST while the new one is a direct copy-and-paste from the official iOS/Android version. This provides several benefits including pre-made loop metadata ogg.sli files, volume that is more correctly balanced out-of-the-box as well as encodings with greater dynamic range and therefore greater fidelity despite the reduced bitrate (this is particularly noticeable on louder songs such as bgm53_vita and even more-so as it uses more classical instrumentation too with choir and strings which are more severely hurt by dynamic range compression).

To put it simply, the official OST, like many OSTs of the 2000s and early 2010s (2012 in our case), was a victim of the "loudness war" (more detailed info).

...this is also probably why bgm50_vita disappeared - because it doesn't exist in the official iOS/Android version which itself contains the aforementioned "bug" I described above (except, on iOS/Android, it's a "feature" rather than a defect).
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Quote Originally Posted by Niggyro View Post
    So I'm trying to play Fate/Stay night with the ultimate edition and I keep getting sent off I use to have an issue with 1.3.11 kirikiri but I was told to delete 2 files so now that I am able to boot the game it keeps getting off so far these are my are my files

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...54/unknown.png
    https://streamable.com/mfp976
    Look in the AndroidVisualNovels discord for a working version

Look in the AndroidVisualNovels discord for a working version
    Can you send link please ��

ياويل حالي من الفرقا ويا عزي لحالي BourdiGa's Avatar
    Had to come here again.
    Just completed the VN couple days ago, sorry for not coming sooner, thanks to all the staff for your hard work, amazing work done here.

If I'm to report bugs, I would say it's 100% smooth gameplay.
    Had a bug lunching the game at the beginning don't remember how I fixed it, But I do remember removing the Japanese "/" from the folder name.
    Thanks again.
    -Fate/stay night Réalta Nua Ultimate Patch version 0.9.1 English Patch version 3.4.0-

First of all, thank you for your detailed answer.
    I would like to ask a question in response to your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian Waxwing View Post
    The text files in the 0.9 version weren't encrypted, while the ones in the present 1.0 release on mega are.
    Why did it need to be encrypted?

Also, I was able to compound the file, but I don't know how to repack it into "xp3".
    "KrkrExtract" seems to ignore the file hierarchy.

I've been using "kikiriki" to unpack and repack files.
    So this time, after unpacking with "KrkrExtract", I deleted the "txt" part of ".ks.txt" and tried to repack it with "kikiriki".
    However, when I put the file so created into the game folder, the game does not start (no error).

Improvements, bugfixes, refactors, etc.
    Will any problems occur if I replace scene files (.ks) of version 0.9 to version 1.0?

by joining classic and RN text and adding the neccessary flags
    Why do I need to add flags to play the scene file?
    The scene files included in patch.xp3 seem to work fine for playing the game.
    I edited those text parts and added voices and new direction to the classic version.
    (To be precise, I replaced the scene files of the ReNu version included in patch.xp3 with the text of the Classic version. Also, for the scene files that were in the h folder, I inserted audio tags and replaced the direction with the ReNu version.)
    I've been test-playing parts of the game, and it seems to be working fine.

Also, by "adding the neccessary flags", do you mean the "flags" that are needed to make the "Textual Content" in the patch menu work?

If your japanese is at native level, you might be interested in helping with improving the Ultimate Edition's Japanese text option
    My Japanese is native-level, but my English is very poor.
    Is it still possible to cooperate? (But I don't know if I can spare the time.)

- - - Updated - - -

First of all, thank you for your detailed answer.
    I would like to ask a question in response to your answer.

First off, as the resident grammar person, your English is very good.
    Thank you very much. But if so, it may be largely due to improvements in machine translation technology.

I've got to assume this is one of the many things that'll be fixed in the elusive "next big version" and is related to why bgm50_vita.ogg has disappeared.
    Does this mean that the BGM that should be playing does not play during gameplay?

Nevertheless, when "Disable forced auto-read" is enabled, bgm52-loop (whether the vita version or the non-remixed version) is played instead of plain normal bgm52.ogg because that song was originally used on a scene with forced auto-read and therefore would end in-time with the text. But with forced auto-read disabled, it's possible for the song to finish before you actually finish reading the text, so we instead loop the song in a seamless manner (which itself required a separate song file) until the reader reaches the according point in the text whereby it'll then fade out the music.
    I'm not sure if I understand the technical details, but how do I "disable forced auto-read"?
    Is this about a "flag" that is written to the scene file?

This provides several benefits including pre-made loop metadata ogg.sli files, volume that is more correctly balanced out-of-the-box as well as encodings with greater dynamic range and therefore greater fidelity despite the reduced bitrate
    It was very helpful.
    However, I still feel that the sound quality of the new files is not very good. Why do you use the iOS/Android files instead of the PC files? Are the sound quality of the files included in the iOS/Android version better than the PC or Vita versions?

Also, if I migrate the scene file (.ks) that was included in patch.xp3 of version 0.9 to 1.0, will any problems occur? For example, is it possible that the BGM does not play, or that the wrong BGM is played?

Why did it need to be encrypted?
    We combined the files into one to make the startup time shorter on systems with slow storage (like hard disks, SMB/NFS network share, or SD cards)

Also, I was able to compound the file, but I don't know how to repack it into "xp3".

So this time, after unpacking with "KrkrExtract", I deleted the "txt" part of ".ks.txt" and tried to repack it with "kikiriki".
    However, when I put the file so created into the game folder, the game does not start (no error).
    For repacking the game, we use "krkrrel.exe" from here: https://krkrz.github.io/download/kr2_232r2.zip

(We also wrote our own tools in Python for repacking, but it's a pain to setup if you are not too familiar with system stuff)

Will any problems occur if I replace scene files (.ks) of version 0.9 to version 1.0?
    If you use the multi-language switching mechanism (look inside patch_english.xp3 for an example), there should be no problems.

I edited those text parts and added voices and new direction to the classic version.
    (To be precise, I replaced the scene files of the ReNu version included in patch.xp3 with the text of the Classic version. Also, for the scene files that were in the h folder, I inserted audio tags and replaced the direction with the ReNu version.)
    These flags are missing from Japanese scene file, and I've been working on inserting those flags myself.

Also, by "adding the neccessary flags", do you mean the "flags" that are needed to make the "Textual Content" in the patch menu work?
    The "flags" refers to the "if" tags in the scenario files. These have already been inserted into the English scenario.

I'm not sure if I understand the technical details, but how do I "disable forced auto-read"?
    Is this about a "flag" that is written to the scene file?
    This is a menu option on the top of the game window, inside 設定(&O)->&Disable forced auto-read

Also, if I migrate the scene file (.ks) that was included in patch.xp3 of version 0.9 to 1.0, will any problems occur? For example, is it possible that the BGM does not play, or that the wrong BGM is played?
    The files will simply not read.
    If you want to read your own .ks, you need to use the multi-language mechanism (look inside patch_english.xp3 for an example)

I would like to report that I am getting a big lagspike every time I click on a menu button (the ones in the game) or when I right click while playing.
    It is an issue I don't have with the 0.9.1, and it is annoying to a point that I prefer playing on the older version rather than the new one, even with all the improvements it made.
    I know from the french translation discord that I'm not the only one to have this problem.

I would also like to ask you if it is possible to add a file where we can translate easily all the texts (like "Play time" for example) in patch_lang_*.
    I'm working on the French patch of the game, and having to modify a few files in patch.xp3 instead of just putting the modified files in patch_lang_french.xp3 is not really great.
    Maybe there is a way to do that, but I don't know. Putting the modified system files in patch_lang_french had no effect, and putting them in a patch2.xp3 had none too. Only works when I replace them in patch.xp3.
    * I tried with the 0.9.1
    Last edited by requinDr; January 18th, 2022 at 04:27 AM. Reason: Improvement on issue reporting, bad english

Quote Originally Posted by requinDr View Post
    I would like to report that I am getting a big lagspike every time I click on a menu button (the ones in the game) or when I right click while playing.
    It is an issue I don't have with the 0.9.1, and it is annoying to a point that I prefer playing on the older version rather than the new one, even with all the improvements it made.
    I know from the french translation discord that I'm not the only one to have this problem.
    This is already fixed in the present developer version, so will be in the next update.

Quote Originally Posted by requinDr View Post
    I would also like to ask you if it is possible to add a file where we can translate easily all the texts (like "Play time" for example) in patch_lang_*.
    I'm working on the French patch of the game, and having to modify a few files in patch.xp3 instead of just putting the modified files in patch_lang_french.xp3 is not really great.
    Maybe there is a way to do that, but I don't know. Putting the modified system files in patch_lang_french had no effect, and putting them in a patch2.xp3 had none too. Only works when I replace them in patch.xp3.
    * I tried with the 0.9.1
    Please be more specific and describe which files exactly you needed to change in patch.xp3 for your translation.
    Note, though, that version 1.0 beta from a year ago has added loading a couple of string groups from *.ksc files (like play_time.ksc), to make them easier to override for translations (by placing translated ksc files in the language patch).
    Last edited by Bohemian Waxwing; January 18th, 2022 at 06:18 AM.

This is already fixed in the present developer version, so will be in the next update.
    I am glad and relieved to hear it, this was my main fear and what kept me from upgrading to 1.0.

Please be more specific and describe which files exactly you needed to change in patch.xp3 for your translation.
    Note, though, that version 1.0 beta from a year ago has added loading a couple of string groups from *.ksc files (like play_time.ksc), to make them easier to override for translations (by placing translated ksc files in the language patch).
    I am talking about these .tjs for example: patch_menu.tjs and textdrawersettings.tjs.
    It is nice to see things have been done since then!
    I really want to start working with the 1.0 beta, but it seems like too much things have changed internally... It's for the best, but the feeling of wanting to adapt the whole french patch to 1.0 while knowing that it's not a recent release isn't pleasant. I hope there will be an update to the development version as it's been a while since the last one.

You are correct: "KrkrExtract" is not able to repack while keeping the folder structure. "kikiriki" works correctly for packing.
    The reason the game did not start might have been because there are two more files that KrkrExtract decrypted: `config.tjs.txt` and `startup.tjs.txt`.
    If you remove the ".txt" part there as well, so that it is just named "config.tjs" and "startup.tjs", it should work again.

The differences between the japanese ".ks" files of v0.9 and v1.0 are minor. So mostly, there will not be many problems. You could use a file difference tool like WinMerge to compare the original 0.9 and 1.0 files and copy the changes over into your own version.

You don't have to, for your own private version, of course.
    Flags would be nice to have in the official Ultimate Edition. Right now, the japanese language version always uses the text of Realta Nua. With flags, added to the japanese ".ks" files, it would be possible to switch the game from Realta Nua text to Classic text, and back.

Take for example this page from プロローグ1日目.ks:

In the classic version, this would be page 167:

Code:
    *page167|
    @textoff
    @sestop file=se012 time=2000 nowait=true
    @i2oT file=o学園校庭-(夕)
    @texton
     寄り道をせず帰路につく。[lr]
     弓道部や生徒会室に用がない訳ではないけれど、ここ数日にそんな暇はない。[lr]
     学校から出れば、学生である遠坂凛の時間は終わりだ。[lr]
    @r
     残りの半日は学生ではない自分、[lr]
     遠坂の魔術師としての自分に切り替わらなくてはいけない[line3]
    @pg
    The Realta Nua version currently used by the Ultimate Edition looks has this text in page 169:

Code:
    *page169|
    @download id=0000014
    @i2o file=o学園校庭-(夕)
     寄り道をせず帰路につく。[lr]
    ; 弓道部や生徒会室に用がない訳ではないけれど、ここ数日にそんな暇はない。[lr]
    @r
    @playstop time=3000 nowait=true
     残りの半日は学生ではない自分、[lr]
    @pg
    Ignoring everything but the actual text differences, you notice that in the Realta Nua version, Type Moon disabled the line " 弓道部や生徒会室に用がない訳ではないけれど、ここ数日にそんな暇はない。[lr]" with a comment (";").

So to have the Ultimate Edition become able to display both versions, a flag could be added:

Code:
    *page169|
    @download id=0000014
    @i2o file=o学園校庭-(夕)
     寄り道をせず帰路につく。[lr]
    @if exp="sf.gtext=='classic'"
     弓道部や生徒会室に用がない訳ではないけれど、ここ数日にそんな暇はない。[lr]
    @endif
    @r
    @playstop time=3000 nowait=true
     残りの半日は学生ではない自分、[lr]
    @pg
    The line would then be shown when the text content is set to "Classic", but not when it is set to "Realta Nua" or "Mixed".

Exactly.

My Japanese is native-level, but my English is very poor.
    Is it still possible to cooperate? (But I don't know if I can spare the time.)
    There are around 868 gtext flags in the english version, so that's the amount of flags that would need to be added to the japanese language scene files. If you are really willing to spend the time and afford needed, I will try my best to make the cooperation work.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Hey psst, does someone know what the native format of the music is in the Vita version?

I mean, the OP videos were straight-up h264+AAC MP4 files, but I don't suppose that means that the music was also just straight-up OGG vorbis rather than something like atrac9?

We combined the files into one to make the startup time shorter on systems with slow storage (like hard disks, SMB/NFS network share, or SD cards)
    Isn't that the explaination as to why it's been compressed rather than encrypted?

Or does krkrz not support compressed archives with no encryption?

--------------------------------

Thank you very much. But if so, it may be largely due to improvements in machine translation technology.
    May I ask which translator you use?

Does this mean that the BGM that should be playing does not play during gameplay?
    Kind of.

In the original 2004 PC version, only the beginning part of the song will play during a specific scene. Then in a later scene, it switches to playing the second part of the song and then subsequently plays the entire song.

For whatever reason, the iOS/Android version always just played the entire song, and this is the behavior we seem to have (mistakenly?) inherited.

Are the sound quality of the files included in the iOS/Android version better than the PC or Vita versions
    The normal PC version does not even have the remixed music available - it is something we're adding in ourselves.

The Vita version does have the remixed music, but it is my understanding that it is stored in a different format that is not natively compatible.

It's been a while but, if I'm recalling correctly, I was able to confirm that the music of the iOS/Android version actually sounds better than the OST...at least for louder songs. That being said, it's very possible that quieter songs actually sound worse than the OST, but that would take quite a bit of time to individually go through and do an ABX listening test for every single song, including making sure that declipping is applied to those songs with too much dynamic range compression so as to maximize the possible fidelity.

But then that gets into the question of "if I'm doing all of that testing for the remixed songs, then why not do it for the 'Original' and 'PS2' music as well?"...which then becomes a major major project for honestly quite minimal benefit (and I say this as an audiophile!).

Up until this point I've chosen to only do that process for specific individual songs (usually when we're doing something involving a given song or scene, such as solving a bug like with that bgm50 issue) so that I can retain my sanity; for example I've done something like this for the remixed version of bgm01 where the version we use is a custom version I put together from the OST because that's the only song that actually has worse dynamic range in the iOS/Android version.

For reference on what I speak of regarding dynamic range, here's a Japanese wikipedia link on the loudness war:

--------

That all being said, if you really are concerned about musical quality, then you may be interested in the "pitch tuning" have mentioned earlier in this thread which I'm hoping to see integrated into a future version which I personally feel would give a bigger benefit to the music.

Normally I am quite shy to share details since there are people on the English-speaking internet that will absolutely insist that any perceived benefit is "just placebo" but, since you're apparently Japanese, I would imagine that you probably don't run into these kinds of people.

I made a modification of the tiny portable program "Header Investigator" that one can use to sample this "pitch tuning" that I speak of (I'm using a temporary file host so it has a weird file name; the link should be automatically removed in a year):

Just keep in mind that, if you are extremely used to how a song sounds, then it may sound a bit odd at first with the "pitch tuning" applied.

Samples of this "pitch tuning" using music from a very unrelated VN:

Last edited by NM64; January 18th, 2022 at 07:58 PM.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Hi, this is my first time writing on this forum.

First of all I would like to thank you for writing such a precise guide to install FSN on windows.

I really want to play this visual novel. However, I have a Macbook and unfortunately am not so tech-savvy as to run it via crossover.

I would be truly grateful if you write a guide to install it on Mac via CrossOver.

Thanks in advance!!

Quote Originally Posted by caliex View Post
    Hi, this is my first time writing on this forum.

First of all I would like to thank you for writing such a precise guide to install FSN on windows.

I really want to play this visual novel. However, I have a Macbook and unfortunately am not so tech-savvy as to run it via crossover.

I would be truly grateful if you write a guide to install it on Mac via CrossOver.

Thanks in advance!!
    This is planned

屍鬼 Ghoul
    I got a question, when's the next major update coming out?
    Last edited by TrainerRad164; January 19th, 2022 at 02:34 AM.

Thank you for replying. I will be eagerly waiting for it.