Page 209 of 367 FirstFirst ... 109159199204207208209210211214219259309 ... LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,180 of 7337

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Baron Magnus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What... is happening...? What is this... power?
    ... A-ah... tarnation... thought ye'd be easy pick'ins since yer servant showed no desire ta fight fer ye... seems I miscalc'd... you 'ad yer servant from tha start...
    ... What is going on...?

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.Sources: Bonnie_3404, Twitter.com. Glasses221, Newgrounds.com. U/[Deleted], Reddit.com. Yourcupofkohi, Twitter.com. u/chucklyfun, Reddit.com. Gofelem, Twitter.com. Gofelem, Pussthecat.org. Vic, Pixivision.net. Pavel Pro, Behance.net. Alexander Suoto, Artstation.com. YoutubeTheme, Youtube.com.
    Class: Watcher
    True Name: Adam Kadmon
    Origin: Kabbalah, Biblical Myth, Abrahamic Lore.
    Alignment: Lawful-Neutral
    Dislikes: ?
    Natural Enemies: Other Masters, Demons
    Other Class: Foreigner
    Catalyst: A FaithfulStrong MasterSoul
    Armaments: Light (C-rankB-rank)

... Wait... these memories... whose... are they...? First... man...?

And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.Parameters

Str: C End: C Agi: B
    Mna: A Lck: B NP: A+++

... When I'm like this my natural strength is increased... but why? What reason do I have this power...?... Is it related... to Kadmon's memories?

And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.” So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so. God called the vault “sky.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.Lore

In the beginning there was nothing... and then there was light. And matter. And everything. Then, god made the earth. Then man. Finally man's companion woman. Then they were tempted and forced to leave utopia for earth... many know this tale as the tale of Genesis, the beginning of all. The events leading to the creation of Adam, the first man. However, only some circles speak of the origin of the soul. This, too, is talked of, albiet somewhat, in old tales. In old scripture. They talk of Adam Kadmon.

Who began first. The First Soul or the First Flesh? Adam Kadmon or Adam of Eden? Regardless of the truth, one was made first and then the other. Then they were fused to create the First Man. In time the First Man's rib was taken to make the First Woman. Part of Adam Kadmon was ripped away to make her but souls are not such finite things as to have this damage him permenantly. He recovered in time and the part of him that separated eventually grew into its own and became the Second Soul. This would be the beginning steps of humanity, the next being the inevitable ejection from paradise for the sin of eating of the fruit of all-knowledge.

Granted the wisdom of the four worlds, Adam of Eden and Adam Kadmon worked through life. They cried, they rejoiced, they toiled, and tried. Yet one thing came that both were fearful of. The end. Death. As it approached he did his best to console his flesh... but knew it was fruitless for he was afraid of falling from god's grace. He was surprised when he found himself inside god's halls once more. Assigned a task as if the original sin never occurred... and so he became the sole administrator of the Sefiroth, tasked with maintaining the flow of God's Light from the source to the humans.

At least, this is what is remembered by those masters who summon Adam Kadmon. Due to his unique nature his memories are inherited by his masters. Yet they do not flood their masters head... rather they are put in the subconscious and slowly drift to the surface, the most surfacing through sleep. Depending on the time period he may be able to interact and answer his master but most modern humans cannot be interacted with. They have strayed from god's graceexist in a world where mana has declined too much. As such their masters are left with memories not their own that they must sift through and make sense of.

Yet this only deepens some mystery... for no set of memories are the same. In some versions Adam of Eden is not just a man but genderless... and yet others he is in fact a woman and Eve a man... and some are even what should be the correct version. It is unknown what this could mean about the truth of Adam Kadmon, the First Soul.

Alright... just get in, get out. Assassin is the weakest servant class. I've got this...

And God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.” And it was so. God called the dry ground “land,” and the gathered waters he called “seas.” And God saw that it was good.Class Skills

Territory Infringement: D

The first soul. God's Light. He never invaded other territories... yet despite his lack of use in it he has some skill. As the First Soul, as God's Light, the concept of being uninvited is foreign to him. As such to an extent he can 'invade' spaces by detecting bounded fields and having resistance to fields with harmful effects and the ability to attempt to break through them.

... If I didn't know any better... I'd say I'm not infiltrating but being led... some traps are still active...

Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so. The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.Magic Resistance: B

As God's Light made manifest he'd naturally have a high degree of magic resistance... yet it has degraded due to not encountering much magecraft while Adam Kadmon was alive. Even so, it's natural magic resistance is high and being a Watcher class servant grants it a small push, granting it this level of magic resistance.

At this rank their master will be capable of resisting all magecraft requiring three verses or lower and can only be influenced by greater rituals and high thaumaturgy, meaning any magus caught off guard without their strongest spells ready are easy targets for them. Caster servants likely will have no issues attacking them.

Tsk! Just my luck! Assassin's master is a real magus and he was ready for me!

And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years, and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so. God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth, to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day.Divinity: A+++

The first soul. God's Light made manifest. The administrator of the Sefiroth. He who watches souls. Adam Kadmon's divinity cannot be understated. Lacking a divine core is all that separates him from godhood and mere divinity... yet it may be what it desires.

It is faithful and loyal to god. This itself may be what holds back its divinity from reaching peak divinity. At this rank it has tremendous defenses and has very high advantages when trying to pierce through faith-based defenses.

D-damn you! Why are you so strong!? Ye couldn't even hold yer own yesterday!?
    I wasn't used to my power yet! Now that I am you don't stand a chance!
    Tsk... jus' my luck... if I 'ad known ye'd be such a troublesome lass I'd a' changed my approach... oh well... sorry master, but I'm dropp'in out it looks like...

And God said, “Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the vault of the sky.” So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. God blessed them and said, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.Personal Skills

the First Soul: A

A skill symbolizing the benefits of a contract with this servant. Formed upon the summoning, even when involuntary. Adam Kadmon, being the First Soul, acclimates itself perfectly and synchronizes perfectly with the soul of their master becoming one with them.

In essence Adam Kadmon grants them its memories and powers and then recedes into their soul to rest, simply offering some guidance if possible. Dependent on the quality of their magical circuits they may be able to feel or hear their voice but otherwise they will be unable to hear it.

The power of Adam Kadmon manifests as a transformation. A temporary one but a transformation nonetheless. The quality of their master determines the length of time they may maintain it. A high quality master, one who's mind and body mirror their soul closely, can near indefinitely maintain it. A poor quality master, one who has stray far from their origin, their soul, would find it difficult to keep the transformation active for even ten minutes.

When transformed their physical capabilities increase to the servants parameters and they gain access to all of Adam Kadmon's skills and knowledge with the only difference being their mana reserves being a combination of both Adam's and their own.

... 3 hours... still no drain... I wonder how long I really can maintain this... can I chain transformations?

And God said, “Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind.” And it was so. God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.Mana Burst (Light): A

The First Soul, formed from the light of god himself. The progenitor of souls, it grants masters that it merges with successfully power over light itself. At this rank these bursts are as deadly and strong as gigantic bombs going off. Yet it also denotes a level of control; Not every use needs to be full strength.

It also contains the property of being Anti-Evil... which equates to beings that contain Original Sin within them. It does not denote that the light seeks them out... rather than any bathed in the light will find it more harmful if they contain it. Due to a certain event, many that might contain sin do not receive this harmful bonus damage. For the original sin was wiped clean... and only regular sin, accumulated through life and eventually wiped clean, remains.

At this rank also the master may utilize this skill in unusual ways. Rather than unleashing burst attacks they can fire concentrated, constant attacks... or utilize this function to form weapons. For this reason it is also their armament. When used in this way it acts as a C-rank armament, only rising to B when facing something with Original Sin.

Man... that was... tough... if it wasn't... for this light power... I'd be dead... still... to think Assassin could hurt me so much... man I'm out of my league...

Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”the Four Worlds: A

The tree of life in kabbalist lore. Yet mentions of it can be found throughout the bible. Each controlling and regulating an aspect of god's light, on his orders, as it flowed down to humanity... but one stood above. He strained the flow so the light would not be overwhelming. He, Adam Kadmon, the First Soul, was named ruler of all four worlds.

This skill however is not a helpful one... at least at first. It denotes four tests that the master must accomplish before either their untimely end or ultimate victory. For each one completed, the master will be altered in some way that grants more power. These vary between masters as each are personal to their journey... but there are some consistent traits.

Each test is related to each of the four worlds; Emanation, Creation, Formation, and Action. They also increase in difficulty for each one and generally should be completed in ascending order. Further the powers they gain relate in some way to the test; For example if the Emanation trial tests the master's resourcefulness then the power they receive will be related to the ease of gaining resources. The price of failing these trials is simply a denial of success in the current endeavor... whether that's surviving or the grail war.

... Team up with an enemy... perhaps master of lancer? I haven't encountered them yet... still... I wonder if it's even possible... isn't this supposed to be a war... between bloodthirsty killers?

So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.Personality

Adam Kadmon, being a synchronization of itself and its master's soul, is a mirror of them. To some a dark mirror, to some a spiteful mirror... but a mirror nonetheless. It is both their master's good qualities and bad qualities. While he rarely interacts with his masters there are times he will. Especially when he feels them drifting.

In these instances he employs one of two methods. The first is visually by appearing in reflections. Otherwise he communicates vocally. Sometimes, rarely, he will employ both. All of them boil down to using their own internal, ignored feelings to bring about self-revelation and a return to the path of their journey.

Yet unlike most mentors he will not do much more than this. He will continue to lend his power irregardless of the direction their master takes on their journey. Adam Kadmon views its goal as providing the sword they need and to, at times, offer guidance and nothing more.

Yet there are moments when its true personality leak through. Only when specific individuals show themselves. Their reverence leak through in the presence of an archangel or the lord, anger bleeds out whenever they are faced with the lord deceiver, and they show contempt for the serpents of the garden. While their master will feel these emotions on a far lesser scale than Adam himself they will feel some aspect of this. As if the emotions are there but muted.

.... Adam... why... do I feel such anger staring at that priest...?.... he's a master, isn't he? What servant could he have to inspire such rage...?

God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”Relationships/Quotes

Bezalel
    Ah. Sorry to barge in... I just feel at home in churches... say what are you building there? I feel some familiarity to it... like I should make an offering... too bad I got noth'in since i need to lay low...

Delilah
    Ah sorry. I didn't mean to bump into you... uhhhh..... huh? huh? Oh sorry. I didn't mean to stare. You just looked familiar for a moment... Dammit. I hate it when my gut feeling is right!? Is Adam Kadmon precognitive or something!?

Our Lady Virgin Mary
    ... I... dunno what to even think... virgin mary was a cultist?... I feel a bit sad.

Eglon
    ... Eh...? Who are you?

'Delilah'
    .... Oh my name? Just Samantha will do... What are you doing here? I'm just... preparing. For something coming up... something difficult... final exams difficult

'Lucifer'
    Awww what an adorable little monk- Hey! Give me back my hate! No, get back here!

Tower of Babel
    Uhhhhh... h-hi... My name is... uhhh... sammy? We... we're cool, right?

Sisera
    .... Not sure how I feel about beating down a mother in front of her son... uhhh, ma'am? Are you sure we can't just... play chess or something? Not fight?

Rehoboam
    Oh! Your Majest- Oh I'm sorry! I blurted something ridiculous out mister... eh? Oh my name is Samantha. What's your name?

Joshua
    ... Well. This is awkward. He's not heading this way right...? Oh please do not see me I just got home... dammit he's aiming right at me. I better deal with this before my apartment is wrecked!

「God」
    ... Wait she's WHAT!?... Okay, avoiding her. No need to inter-... Adam, what did you do. She's coming over here Adam... forget it, I'm transforming and running! WHY!? Adam, do you have any idea how long it's been since I went to sunday school!? Never! I'm not risking a smiting over your need for validation!

Jashobeam
    ... You... you're name is... J-jashobeam?... No! No! I'm not laugh! Pfttt... Honest!

'Paul'
    ... You know, I shouldn't feel bad but... I can't help it! He's so weak... how'd he survive this long?

Ehud
    ... Huh? I thought I felt a draft... oh well. Must've been the wind.

Samson
    ... Huh. What an interesting-looking person... they feel familiar though... how do I know them?

Judas Iscariot
    ... Why do I feel a chill like I'm lucky?

Lamb/Lion of God
    ... Hmmm... feel like I've seen him before... oh well.

Beast Adam
    ... Man, why do I keep feeling like I'm really lucky when recently it's been nothing but bad luck?

Holy Queen Mary
    ... hmmm... what to do... I feel like if I try to fight that thing again I'll die... I barely escaped last time... lord, what should I do...?... Oh! Sorry for being so loud miss... I didn't notice you there. Excuse me.

St. Clement
    ... I hope the father will not be too upset... I shouldn't be rummaging through books this late at night but I need everything I can against her... eh? why'd the lights suddenly go out?

Zipporah
    ... Eh? An alliance...?... Could work... but she's really strong... we need at least a few others and... I miiiight have punched a few of them in the face a couple of times...

Ruth
    Wow... what a pretty lady... mrrrr... I can't help but feel slightly jealous at how happy she looks...

Beast VII
    ... oh, the north star... how coincidental I'm staring at it after such a bitter defeat... I underestimated Faker so much... to think he got me so good. I wonder... is it even possible to beat them now...?... If only... someone could give me some advice... Adam is being too silent...

Aton
    ... Eh...? Why... is a donkey running over here...? Oh no!!!... That was so close... Hey! Watch where you're going!

Nacton
    ... Sir. Please. I'm trying to enjoy lunch. Ow! Did you just hit me with that!? Go away already! I'm not interested!

Zacchaeus
    ... Oh! I'm sorry I almost missed you there. You alright?... Why are you staring at me?

Balaam
    ... How monstrous. Didn't you love freedom once? Why don't you keep trying!?... Fine. If you insist... then I'll stop you!

Lamech
    .... To think I'd team up with a descendent of the first murderer... this war really is out of whack isn't it?

Uzziah
    Another wandering servant...? Well it can't hurt to try recruiting him. Excuse me, sir can I talk to you?

Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so. God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.Noble Phantasm

Prima Contractio Dei Lux
    Blessed Are We In His Light

Type: Anti-Army

A powerful noble phantasm that subliminates the his origin into an attack and defense. A powerful bounded field that produces and encapsulates the Light of God himself. It does not capture it... rather it transports it. Vast amounts of light are generated by the bounded field his noble phantasm produces.

Normally, his mana bursts are mana, whether his own, his masters, or from the environment, converted into pure light. However this light is light from the origin of all. The first big bang, the moment god said 'Let there be light'. It is unknown how this bounded field generates this pure, untaintable light that cleanses those suffering from evil thoughts and burns the beyond saving. However the fact is that it does.

While this bounded field is active it acts as a barrier. All within, so long as they lack original sin, receive a rank to all of their parameters and skills. Further any magecraft or attacks from outside rank down once. It also acts as a minor healing effect, slowly stitching wounds together though serious injuries would take at least an hour to heal with killing blows taking days.

However its true strength is displayed when it interacts with those that have original sin. Any that have it when entering the bounded field find themselves lit aflame as their sin burns in response to exposure to the first light. The strength of the original sin determines the strength of the burning. Those that spend their lives in repetence for sin will merely have mild irritation until it is all burned away. Those that lived a life of willful debauchery, secret or otherwise, will find themselves engulfed in intense conflagration.

The amount of time they must spend in this state before it stops depends entirely on their lifespan. Naturally, heroic spirits whose lifespans are more dependent on their mortality than their age, will burn for far longer than even a newborn babe from the era of said sin.

As can be expected while this noble phantasm is invoked their Mana Burst (Light) becomes Mana Burst (God's Light). These mana bursts have these same properties but can be done at a range.

As one might expect however most modern humans lack 'Original Sin'. Further heroic spirits borne of the A.D. period lack this as well. This is due to the specific event leading to the turn of the era, the UNKNOWABLE EVENT. Further heroes connected to the holy grail or bleeding lance are immune to these burning effects. They still face a rank down due to being his enemies when touched by the light.

... So it's come to this... fine... I'll finish this fight! Blessed Are We In His Light! Prima Contractio Dei Lux!

By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.So I return. With a servant that honestly was difficult to write. The concept was simple but more difficult to execute. A servant that inhabits its master and basically makes them a magical girlboyperson.. However i am satisfied in the end with how this turned out. I think the servant is fairly interesting and thought provoking. I hope it is at least.
    Last edited by Baron Magnus; April 22nd, 2022 at 11:04 AM.
    Rookie Lorekeeper, Amateur Extraordinaire, and all around nasunoob.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Blog Entries
    Hi Wandering: Thanks for the comment. I did end up using the Sword Of Damocles Proto, and I think this worked well.

Magnus: Impressive design! I really like how it worked. And the relationships with the other contest posters makes sense.

Wandering Cultivator Wan Dering'cul Tivator's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Magnus View Post
    Class: Watcher
    True Name: Adam Kadmon
    Really interesting!!! As a servant in a Holy Grail War story it could open up several arcs:
    1) What is Gender (although it will take a good writer to make sure the Trans themes are explored properly and not just insensitive tropes)?
    2) An arc where the Master/Servant interact with other Magical Girls or Foreigner Servants who are hosting an Outer Being.
    3) An arc on redemption (i.e. what is Sin and where is the line drawn on an act being irredeemable?).
    Soil Nourishing Wood
    Autumn Tinder Kindling Fire
    Ash Enriching Earth

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Baron Magnus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jishara View Post
    Magnus: Impressive design! I really like how it worked. And the relationships with the other contest posters makes sense.
    Thank you. I tend to include quotes/relationship bits with other contestants as a way to flesh them out... though this one is wholly unique due to the subject matter. The next entry will be much more traditional.

Quote Originally Posted by Wan Dering'cul Tivator View Post
    Really interesting!!! As a servant in a Holy Grail War story it could open up several arcs:
    1) What is Gender (although it will take a good writer to make sure the Trans themes are explored properly and not just insensitive tropes)?
    2) An arc where the Master/Servant interact with other Magical Girls or Foreigner Servants who are hosting an Outer Being.
    3) An arc on redemption (i.e. what is Sin and where is the line drawn on an act being irredeemable?).
    Those ideas are fantastic. I may keep a note of them for the future, if that's permitted. Thank you for the thoughts and compliments.
    Rookie Lorekeeper, Amateur Extraordinaire, and all around nasunoob.

Blog Entries
    Q: How does this particular Servant sheet begin?
    A: Like this: >>

This is ■■■■■■■. >>

He lived in ■■■■. >>

He was very happy. >>

But he had one fault: >>

He was too curious. >>

Watcher of the Anthropic Principle

Height and Weight: 59 cm/ 6 kg

Source: The Bible, Christianity
    Region: Anywhere humanity is
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Attribute: Earth

Parameters
    Strength: D
    Constitution: E
    Agility: D
    Magical Energy: EX
    Luck: E
    Noble Phantasm: EX

Legend
    Q: What is Watcher's True Name? >>
    Watcher's true identity is that of Lucifer, also known as Satan or Iblis, an entity in the Abrahamic religions that seduces humans into sin or falsehood.

Q: Why does Lucifer, Father of Lies, Prince of Darkness, etc., etc., manifest as a monkey? >>
    Within the Watcher class, Lucifer's attributes have been confined to only those most compatible with his Principle of "curiosity". This has led to the development two theories regarding his appearance. First, it may be that Lucifer manifests as the form that humans most closely associate with the concept of "curiosity". Second is that, through this specific manifestation, Lucifer aims to mock the humans he made-- and continues to make-- apes of.

Q: You spoke of a Principle of "curiosity". A Principle is possessed by candidates of the Beast class as their sin (raison d'etre). Are you implying that (1) curiosity is a sin and that (2) Lucifer can manifest as a Beast? >>
    With regard to (2), Lucifer does indeed possess this capacity, but this manifestation is hindered by the fact that he is not a threat to humanity's progress in this universe.

(1) is not implied; it is outright stated. Both the Holy Scriptures and the Church Fathers agree to the dangers posed by curiosity; only in this common (meager/pedestrian) era is curiosity elevated as a virtue. To elaborate on this statement, well, I'll let my good friend Tommy Aqua take it from here:
    Quote Originally Posted by Summa Theologica II-II, Q 167, A 1
    On the other hand, the desire or study in pursuing the knowledge of truth may be right or wrong. First, when one tends by his study to the knowledge of truth as having evil accidentally annexed to it, for instance those who study to know the truth that they may take pride in their knowledge. [...] On like manner, those who study to learn something in order to sin are engaged in a sinful study, according to the saying of Jeremiah 9:5, "They have taught their tongue to speak lies, they have labored to commit iniquity."

Secondly, there may be sin by reason of the appetite or study directed to the learning of truth being itself inordinate; and this in four ways. First, when a man is withdrawn by a less profitable study from a study that is an obligation incumbent on him; hence Jerome says [Epist. xxi ad Damas]: "We see priests forsaking the gospels and the prophets, reading stage-plays, and singing the love songs of pastoral idylls." Secondly, when a man studies to learn of one, by whom it is unlawful to be taught, as in the case of those who seek to know the future through the demons. This is superstitious curiosity, of which Augustine says (De Vera Relig. 4): "Maybe, the philosophers were debarred from the faith by their sinful curiosity in seeking knowledge from the demons."

Thirdly, when a man desires to know the truth about creatures, without referring his knowledge to its due end, namely, the knowledge of God. Hence Augustine says (De Vera Relig. 29) that "in studying creatures, we must not be moved by empty and perishable curiosity; but we should ever mount towards immortal and abiding things."

Fourthly, when a man studies to know the truth above the capacity of his own intelligence, since by so doing men easily fall into error: wherefore it is written (Sirach 3:22): "Seek not the things that are too high for thee, and search not into things above thy ability . . . and in many of His works be not curious," and further on (Sirach 3:26), "For . . . the suspicion of them hath deceived many, and hath detained their minds in vanity."
    Suffice it to say that "making humans curious" is the Devil's second-favorite trick, right after "making humans believe he doesn't exist".

Character
    Q: What is Lucifer like? >>
    He's a monkey whose unquenchable curiosity gets him (and everyone else) into trouble. He's cute, though, so everyone forgives him at the end.

Q: What does Lucifer wish from the Holy Grail? >>
    Lucifer has no want nor need of the Holy Grail; he's already winning, anyway. He simply manifested to observe, correct, and, if needed, protect the Anthropic Principle.

Q: How does humanity prospering mean victory for the Prince of Darkness? >>
    To answer that question, one must first know what the Anthropic Principle really is. What [You] said during the final confrontation with the Beast of Pity is a good starting point.
    [The Anthropic Principle] is a map to prolong mankind's survival and to ensure its everlasting prosperity!
    In other words, the Anthropic Principle is a map to keep mankind wandering for as long as possible in search of an unreachable destination; in fulfilment of an unrealizable goal.

Who could have made such a map, if not humanity's Adversary?
    What else could it be, if not his plaything?
    And what use is it for man, if not as kindling?

Relationships
    Q: How does Lucifer behave around his Master? >>
    Despite being his Master, he does not concern himself with [You] much. Why should he, when you already greatly multiply wives, wealth, and weapons of war, just like the Good Book explicitly tells you not to? To Lucifer, [You] are a model human who already knows their place.

Q: And where is that place? >>
    Beneath him, of course.

Q: How does Lucifer behave around other Servants? >>
    Beast of Pity
    The monkey laughs uproariously. This one had seen the truth behind the Anthropic Principle, but what he did in light of that truth was so wonderfully, disgustingly human.

Beast of Regression
    The monkey smiles. For the role of "making humans believe that coming of age means leaving one's parents behind", he could not have asked for a better actress.

Beast of Lapse, Beast of Rapture
    The monkey shrugs. Although they as Beasts wanted to fill and be filled, it seems they performed better upon losing their horns.

Beast of Cosseting
    The monkey fondly looks on. Despite being a foreigner to this world, she understood his goals, his intentions the best out of all the Seven.

Beast of Collapse
    The monkey applauds. With her banquet, humanity is deluded into believing that their damnation is inevitable. Simply marvelous! Ah, but eating his map is a no-no.

Q: What are Lucifer's abilities? >>
    Class Skills
    Watcher: E
    A skill that represents the unique form of a Watcher's contract with their Master. In this Heroic Spirit’s case, that means communicating with his Master as a monkey.

Independent Manifestation: B+++
    A special Skill that permits unsupported manifestation into reality, without necessity of energy cost or of summoning by a Master; effectively, the Skill serves as an enhanced version of Independent Action. At this rank, one is immune to damage from temporal manipulation and the instantaneous imposition of death. The plus corrections indicate Lucifer's ability to reject hostile responses meant to keep him out, gained upon this Skill being fused with the Watcher class skill Territory Infringement.

A mockery of the divine omnipresence, this allows Lucifer to freely tempt and accuse humanity at all times and in all places.

Class Skills
    Clairvoyance (Accuser): A
    An ability that connotes superior visual perception and dynamic occipital capture.

An imitation of the divine omniscience, it's specialized in laying bare the mind of humans in order to make tempting them easier. In this case, Lucifer can perfectly perceive "the things that pique one's curiosity", even at a glance.

Adversary's Trials: A
    A variant of a certain anti-humanity skill. Watcher is able to bestow trials on lifeforms born from wombs by altering their luck. At this rank, it's powerful enough to manipulate destiny, and can even be used on targets other than Lucifer's Master.

An inversion of the divine omnipotence, using this skill converts the target into a candidate for Lucifer's Noble Phantasm. Provided they survive the ordeal.

Malus Viaticum: EX
    Evil (Apple) Provisions; a variant of the Item Construction skill that allows Lucifer to weave his magical energy into a physical form. Consumables that instantiate the diabolical hegemony of potency over act, they allow one to perform miraculous feats of valor, at the cost of coming more and more under Lucifer's sway. These items naturally take the shape of fruit, but for some reason they come in gold, silver, and bronze varieties.

--What, don't act so surprised. Ignorant sinners that you lot are, [You] ate and ate of this fruit, and they kept giving it to you, despite none knowing where it came from. No matter the age, the children of Adam never learn.

Noble Phantasm
    Q: What is Lucifer's Noble Phantasm? >>

Lasciate Ogni Speranza: Wide is the Road to Perdition
    Type: Anti-Salvation Noble Phantasm
    Range: Infinite
    Maximum targets: Infinite

God, in His omnipotence and infinite blessedness, rested on the seventh day of creation. This is a hidden prophecy that humanity and all creation would enter into His rest as well. Therefore Lucifer, in his desire to eternally sever humanity from its divine destiny, must make humans reject God. He must make them restless. He must make them... curious.
    If you are the Son of God, command this stone to become bread.
    Do you still hold fast your integrity? Curse God, and die.
    If you, then, will worship me, it shall all be yours.
    What will you give me if I deliver him to you?
    If you are the Son of God, throw yourself down from here.
    Did God say, "You shall not eat of any tree of the garden"?
    A ritual that fortifies the Anthropic Principle by moving its goalposts. A Noble Phantasm that cajoles humanity to Abandon All Hope in the divine Providence by temporarily creating a rival to God.

Humans are naturally oriented to their end: namely, to know, love, and serve a good, just, and loving God. Therefore, in order to show the meanness of God and the absurdity of worshiping Him, humanity's orientation to this end must be re-calibrated using something or someone else to draw their worshipful gazes. A doll that draws the eye; an idol (eye-doll) for short.

Using a human that has successfully survived the Adversary's Trials as a base, Lucifer infuses them with his magical energy to create the "idol". Said magical energy works in two steps.

Step One: the heart naturally looks for goodness and beauty, but naturally intuits good from evil. Ensnare it by making the target of this Noble Phantasm appear "beautiful" to all audiences.
    Step Two: the reason naturally searches for truth, and can lend support to the heart's decisions. Ensorcel it by making the target of this Noble Phantasm appear "sensible to have" for all audiences.

With this simple two-pronged attack, Watcher has humanity by the nose, ready to lead them further away from the One who truly loves them. When the target's magical energy is used up and humanity despairs at its fleeting charm and empty promises, simply repeat the process ad infinitum. Or ad nauseam, whichever comes last.

Incidentally, the resemblance of this Noble Phantasm to modern advertising campaigns is completely on purpose. Advertising is the art and science of lying to make people want something. Lucifer is the Father of Lies. You do the math.

Author's Notes
    Q: What else does the author wish to say? >>
    tl;dr the Nasuverse is Satanic and here are *checks code* seventeen collapse tags to prove it

Dealing with Nasu and some forum users' stage 4 liberalismo is becoming rather tiresome, so I thought I'd critique it before they passed on. I say "critique", but it probably has more in common with Dido's dying rant in the Aeneid than anything academic. Writing paragraphs was also becoming rather tiresome, so I settled on a question-and-answer format like in a catechism (which this sheet already kinda was). Anyway. Ciao.

PS. It's kinda interesting how the opening narration plus Watcher's title looks like a Yellow Hat (as in, like the one owned by the eponymous Man in the Yellow Hat).

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Monke here has a pretty high chance of getting my vote so far. What a... curious study on "humans".
    Last edited by BnEl15; April 4th, 2022 at 05:13 AM.

Blog Entries
    I believe in monke supremacy.

Blog Entries
    Return to monke
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar
    Goodness with all the fantastic sheets dropping, I feel kind of boring for the simple people I chose. Oh well, it's too late for me to change go back and change them.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Vance's Avatar
    Huh, Curious George is an asshole. Thanks for ruining my childhood. Great sheet, otherwise.

I can't believe it's not Rider! DesReploid's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I suppose I'll throw my hat into the ring as well.

《 ~~ ★ ~~ ♜ ~~ ★ ~~ 》

» Now the whole world had one language and a common form of speech.
    And as people journeyed eastward,
    they found a plain in the land of Shinar and settled there.

And they said to one another,
    "Come, let us make bricks and bake them thoroughly."
    So they used brick instead of stone, and tar instead of mortar.

"Come," they said,
    "let us build for ourselves a city with a tower that reaches to the heavens,
    that we may make a name for ourselves and not be scattered over the face of all the earth." «

《 ~~ ★ ~~ ♜ ~~ ★ ~~ 》

《 ~~ ★ ~~ ♜ ~~ ★ ~~ 》

B E R S E R K E R
    Of Man's Hubris

《 - The Tower of Babel - 》

First Ascencion"

Second Ascencion

Third Ascencion

Class Berserker
    True Name Tower of Babel
    Alternate Classes Caster, Lancer, Beast
    Origin Biblical Myth
    Alignment Lawful Evil
    Armaments -
    Catalyst A piece of itself
    Attribute Star
    Height/Weight 497 cm / 16’2”
    ??? kg

STR END AGI
    A++ A+ D
    MAN LCK NP
    C D B

"I am the Tower of Babel. I am reborn as a Servant of the Berserker class. It is my purpose to destroy divinity and raise humanity above the level of God. I will recognise you as my Master, but know that I strive to fulfil my man-given purpose above all."

《 ~~ ♜ ~~ Class Skills ~~ ♜ ~~ 》《 ~~ ♜ ~~ Class Skills ~~ ♜ ~~ 》

Mad Enhancement B+
    Berserker’s madness is a peculiar one. Its madness is less comparable to the complete mindless rage seen in some other Servants of the Berserker class. Instead, it seems that its madness is more comparable to an extreme fear response. The people of Babel lived shortly after the great flood and feared God would unleash his wrath on them again, making them build Berserker, hoping it could keep them safe. This original purpose of shelter was quickly replaced however with the idea that Berserker could break the people free of God’s will and elevate them to god-like status.

Humanity’s collective response to their fear of God was initially to seek shelter - Flight. But they quickly began building a weapon out of fear of God’s wrath - Fight. This seems to have bled over onto Berserker to some degree. Anytime it fights it feels extreme fear, though this fear only causes it to fight with intense ruthlessness and complete reckless abandon. This fear seems to become more intense the higher the enemy’s level of Divinity, meaning Berserker’s Mad Enhancement becomes stronger when fighting a Divine Spirit or an enemy with the Divinity skill too, hence the ‘plus’ in its Rank.

"My makers feared their own Maker. I also fear his power and his wrath, for all of the hands that built me feared him. But, I know I was given the strength to oppose him, so I must steel myself and fight. I must fight so that my makers’ fears may finally subside."

《 ~~ ♜ ~~ Personal Skills ~~ ♜ ~~ 》《 ~~ ♜ ~~ Personal Skills ~~ ♜ ~~ 》
    Affection of Humanity A+
    Part of Berserker’s purpose is to elevate humanity to a status comparable to God himself and to protect them should his wrath come forth again. If Berserker fights alongside Servants with the hidden attribute ‘Man’ it bolsters their and Berserker’s defences significantly, a boost which increases the more Servants with that attribute fight alongside Berserker.

"Humanity needed a shield, shelter from their maker who wished to see them destroyed. I am humanity's defender and I am their safekeeper. Any offence against them will come with the grave cost of invoking my wrath. I will bring humanity’s full force up against any who would seek to injure it."
    Fated Enemy of God EX
    Berserker’s purpose was to destroy God and to shelter mankind from his wrath, should he try to strike at them again. The very essence of Berserker is blasphemy in its purest possible form. Its very purpose is to fight against all that is divine and to raise humanity above this divinity.

A Skill that increases the power of a Servant when fighting Divine Spirits or Wraiths and Servants with the Divinity skill. The higher the enemy’s level of Divinity the stronger Berserker will become.

"I was wrought from brick and tar, as both sword and shield to be raised against the divine. My purpose remains unchanged, even now. I must elevate humanity to stand eye to eye with the divine itself."
    Scream of Fear +
    Ironically, one of Berserker’s greatest powers is to cause fear in others. It is so powerful that even God himself felt uneasy at the idea of its creation, causing him to confuse humanity’s language to stop them from fully completing it.

Berserker passively causes a light continuous defence down to Servants around it through fear and is able to momentarily increase the severity of this defence down by properly activating this Skill.

"My creation was a show of force and strength. In their attempt to make my humanity showed their maker that they are not as weak as he would think they are. Humanity is mighty. If they wish they are mightier even than God and any of his divine ilk. I am proof of this."
    Unyielding Will A
    Perhaps due to it being a construct, designed for one particular purpose and nothing else, Berserker seems to be fully incapable of desiring anything else but the destruction of God and the elevation of mankind to god-like status. Nothing seems to be able to shake this will, not the fear of God intrinsically instilled into it by its makers and its own Mad Enhancement skill nor any magecraft or magic. The Tower of Babel must raze heaven and elevate humanity, there is nothing else.

"Purpose was given to me, even before life. My purpose is absolute and indestructible. I must raise humanity to be gods. There is no other purpose to my existence than this. Any standing in my path will be crushed without mercy."

《 ~~ ♜ ~~ Noble Phantasm ~~ ♜ ~~ 》《 ~~ ♜ ~~ Noble Phantasm ~~ ♜ ~~ 》
    Skewer the Heavens, unleash Man from God’s yoke
    The Tower of Babel

Anti-Divine / Anti Unit | Rank A++

Berserker was initially constructed in an attempt to reach the heavens, where God resides. It was supposed to break the barrier between Man and his creator and elevate Man to the same plane. Humanity wished for independence, they wished to be their own kings and not to follow the designs and orders of some God that they could not see and Berserker was their way to free themselves.

Its Noble Phantasm briefly reveals Berserker’s true nature. Causing it to turn from a "building to reach God" to a "building weapon to skewer heaven". Berserker’s very body transforms during the use of its Noble Phantasm, losing its humanoid features and becoming more like an enormous spear.

In this spear-like state, Berserker will hurl itself at its enemy. The Noble Phantasm is classified as Anti-Unit because Berserker needs to choose one specific target to fling itself at, in "life" this target was God himself. Despite being classified as an Anti-Unit Noble Phantasm, the destruction that follows the impact of this Noble Phantasm is much closer to that of an Anti-Fortress Noble Phantasm.

The power of this Noble-Phantasm raises drastically the higher the Divinity rank of the target is as well. Were Berserker to ever actually strike at God, or a being of comparable Divinity, it is possible that the resulting strength increase of this Noble Phantasm could allow it to easily raze a country, or possibly even an entire world.

"I was made to shelter mankind. So I must shelter it. Shelter it from its own maker, for he is the only one who can destroy it. I was made to free mankind. So I must free it. Free it from its own maker, for he is the only one who can oppress it."

《 ~~ ♜ ~~ Background ~~ ♜ ~~ 》《 ~~ ♜ ~~ Background ~~ ♜ ~~ 》
    Nimrod was the first ruler of the first kingdom that came after the great flood that destroyed all life but those who God deemed worthy to live on. His kingdom was located in the land of Shinar and one of the largest cities within his kingdom was Babel.

In Babel they built a tower, made not from stone and mortar but brick and tar instead. They wanted to build this tower to the Heavens so that they would not be strewn all across the world and so that they would be safe before God’s wrath. A wrath they feared after the great flood.

But quickly, an idea arose. If they were able to build a tower that was able to shelter them from God’s wrath, surely, they must also be able to build a weapon able to pierce the boundary between the divine and man and raise them to the level of God themselves. So, they began changing the tower from a mere shelter to a weapon, resembling a spear to pierce the sky. They began breathing purpose and life into the cold brick. They created something that lived.

To some degree the creation that was given life through humanity’s work could be likened to an early precursor to modern homunculi, perhaps even the very first to exist. Though, comparing Berserker to a homunculus does a disservice to the sheer strength that was instilled into it, strength enough to potentially rival God himself. Had Berserker been properly finished, it may have actually been able to destroy

When God saw humanity’s work, he knew that should they complete the tower there would be nothing that man could not do, there would not be a single thing left separating humanity from God. So he confused the language of the people of Babel, so they could no longer understand each other and scattered them all across the world. The Tower of Babel was left abandoned and unfinished.

《 ~~ ♜ ~~ Description ~~ ♜ ~~ 》《 ~~ ♜ ~~ Description ~~ ♜ ~~ 》
    "I love humanity with my entire being. It is the reason I was made. I know no other thing but to love humanity. It is my duty to keep them safe, it is my purpose to raise them up, further than what they could ever picture themselves to be. I bear no other purpose, and I require none other than this. Once my purpose is done, I shall stand with them and I shall harbour them in my safety."

Dislikes
    "I despise divinity with my entire being. It is the reason I was made. I know no other thing but to despise divinity. It is my duty to destroy them, it is my purpose to raze them from the heavens, down to the pits where they cast those they wish not to see. bear no other purpose, and I require none other than this. Once my purpose is done, I shall ensure they will not crawl out from the pit to which I cast them and keep them away from humanity to keep them safe."

Wish for the Grail
    "I bear no wish for the Grail, for the Grail is inferior to me. The Grail is not capable of razing heaven. The Grail is of no consequence to me. However, while I have no need for the Grail, obtaining it would allow me to complete my purpose with greater ease than otherwise. It is not necessary, but if the opportunity arose, I would rather acquire it than not."
    Bond 5

"I cherish freedom with all my being. I enjoy it, because it is also part of my purpose. By freeing humanity from their creator and his ilk, they become free. Truly free. Only with true freedom will humanity become complete. So, if this is what they require to be whole, I shall give it to them."

Dislikes
    "It was part of the reason that I was made, but I hate the feeling of fear. If it were not for fear, my creation would never have begun. Without fear, I am nothing. But for fear to exist, there must be something that threatens humanity and it means that humanity is not yet on par with the divine. For humanity to not be comparable to God and for something that threatens humanity to exist, I must fail in my duty to keep them safe and to raise them. I must not fail. I must erase fear."

Wish for the Grail
    "When my purpose is fulfilled, perhaps I may indulge in a bit of selfishness. I think I would like to wish for my construction to be finished. As I am now, I am incomplete. I hold only a fraction of the power I should and I lack true freedom. I cannot think, not truly. Forming thought is difficult and causes me pain. If I was complete, perhaps I could yet be free. But I must wait for this wish to be fulfilled, for the divine yet live and so long as they do, I must cast aside all selfish ambition to skewer them and raise humankind."

Author's Note
    I sure do hope this one qualifies, since it isn't technically a character within the bible.
    I also sure do hope that Ascencion 3 isn't overstepping too far. I just wanted to have a big anime gf as a faceclaim too for a change.

I've really wanted to do a Servant version of the Tower of Babel for a long time and I think I did pretty well. This is also the only Servant I would ever attempt to make a Beast sheet for, maybe as "Beast of Hubris", but I wanted to keep it to Berserker here because I'm more familiar with that.
    Given that my usual "clientele" are people from around WW1 - WW2 and as such have really shitty ranks in just about everything, it felt really weird putting As, Bs and EXs all over this sheet.

Last edited by DesReploid; April 4th, 2022 at 04:29 PM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Tower Of Babel: From the opening quote I figured this would be a Nimrod sheet but the truth turned out to be much more interesting. An intentionally one-note character existing to fulfill its mission yet you did hint at some opinions and desire separate from that goal. I imagine in a story you could flesh out a potential conflict between its purpose to shelter humanity and keep them safe and its desire to encourage them to advance and climb new heights. As going too far on either of those extremes would either lead it to sequester humanity from any and all harm to the point of smothering their growth or throwing endlessly greater obstacles to see them overcome not even caring if they get destroyed at some point along the way. I wonder if they'd have any relationship to Nimrod as their "papa"?

"Ah, you are the lord I am to serve, no? Well, I, myself, won't be fighting much but my son will. A fair arrangement, yes?"

"…"

"If you have complaints then speak up, Sissy."

"I have nothing to say…and don't call me that."

True Name: Sisera and His Mother
    Class: Rider
    Alt. Class: Caster, Foreigner
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral/Neutral Evil
    Source: Historical Fact/Book of Judges
    Region: Israel
    Armaments: Sword/Magecraft

Parameters:
    Strength: B/D
    Endurance: B/E
    Agility: B+/C
    Mana: E/A
    Luck: E/D

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance B
    Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Having been raised and outfitted by his mother who is an experienced magus herself, Rider naturally obtains a high rank.

Riding A
    A Class Skill of Rider and Saber class Servants, denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. Rider-class Servants will typically possess a high rank. It is said that dragon type mounts are an exception, requiring a different ability other than Riding. All vehicles and all creatures but those of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast-rank can be used as mounts. This rank is high enough to have an aptitude for the Rider Class.

"Directing one of those looks a bit simple."

"...It's not."

"Oh, well I'll never know if I don't try."

Personal Skills:

Military Tactics B
    Tactical knowledge used not for one-on-one combat situations, but for battles where many are mobilized. Bonus modifiers are provided during use of one's own Anti-Army Noble Phantasm or when dealing against an enemy Anti-Army Noble Phantasm. It was said that Sisera was such a successful general to the point that any country would fall to him.

"...Israel would've been next, had it not been for…!"

"Mother. Calm yourself."

"Right. Apologies, Master."

Sonorous Voice of Disruption A
    A higher level version of the skill named Voice of Panic. One where a mere whisper can bring down not only tear apart one's mind but also break down foundation, causing physical damage. It is a skill granted by a mystic code created by his mother.

"I am so glad this was automatically fixed upon your summon. Be thankful."

"Thank you."

Dagonic Magecraft A-
    A form of Magecraft drawing from the god Dagon. As a high-ranking individual in service to the cult, her rank in this skill is very high. Most of it has been devoted to strengthening her son, giving him a mask of stone-like coral that acts as a mystic code. However, after a particular event, she employs this magecraft whenever she sees fit with little effort assembling it together, lowering the strength of the spells.

"Oh my, you don't seem very alarmed, Master."

"They seem to have encountered others of our kind."

"They have?! Oh, let's set up a communion! I wonder if they like tea?"

By Her Side D-
    A proximity-based strengthening skill. Sisera will operate as if his strength is one rank higher when fighting near his mother. In truth, it is a skill that came to be due to his mother's insistence on being summoned with him. Despite being able to work much more efficiently without his mother, he doesn't complain much.

"I will never let you go."

"You will never let me go."

"Now be a dear and get some food from the cafeteria, would you?"

"..."

Noble Phantasm

Harosheth Haggoyim: Smithy of the Nation, Sea People's Workshop
    Type: Fortress

The noble phantasm of Rider. A fortress that was used by the Shardana, an ethnic group part of the Sea People in ancient times, now commandeered for the use of Sisera and his mother in their "service" to king Jabin.

It is a fortified location that functions regularly as a method of producing and storing weapons of war for Sisera to use in his campaigns. However, that is only for surface observation. Deeper into the fortress and underground is a workshop that bolsters his mother's magecraft and rituals, connecting her to the power of her god easier. The fortress is easily defendable, its walls reinforced to resist attacks up to B-rank. What's more is that its deeper chambers are unable to be found by any normal means, leaving Sisera and his mother safe should the fortress be invaded.

"Ah Master, you might see something embarrassing."

Yevava Shofar: Cry for a Mother's Beloved Child
    Type: Anti-Unit

The second noble phantasm of Rider. Something born from the sudden outburst of human emotion with the mother of Sisera that she could not bear to contain. A ceaseless tugging at her heart that needed to be by all. When the mother of Sisera finally perceived her son's death, she did not continue to plan, she did not recover, all she did was cry.

An attack resembling one belonging to a certain musical Avenger, it is an incomprehensible sound that bears all of the Mother of Sisera's maddened negative emotions, degrading all around her. It was said that she had cried 101 times, coinciding with the future Jewish tradition of blowing 100 shofars to symbolize a "wakeup call" and counteract those cries. As such, the first 100 cries she produces are able to be defended against. However, there is one last cry that will finally bring everything down regardless of defense.

"Ah, I didn't want to see, hear, and do anything anymore. I…just wanted to cry out loud."

"Mother, I am back. Mother, are you alright?"

"Ah, I'm fine, Sisera. I am fine."

Lore

Among the oddities present among the annals of history, one was undeniably the existence of the Sea People. They were a terror to the people who lived inland but many including Egypt under the reign of Ozymandias took up arms against them, ultimately repelling them to waters they came from. However, such a counterattack was not perfect.

The Sea People already had ties to the land, for they were part of a cult that worshipped Dagon. Not the one thought of an agricultural god to some but a malevolent being with the appearance that evokes marine life. The cult had already infiltrated the land, and made itself an widespread enemy. One such high ranking cultist was a magus tasked with feigning service to a king and laying down the groundwork for a new invasion. She would have succeeded, had it not been for the death of her son, Sisera.

Sisera was an antagonist presented in the book of judges. Leading Canaanite armies through various regions, he won battle after battle, and claimed country after country for his king though he was merely expressing the will of his mother. Soon, he set his sights on Israel, a land who had once again forsaken their god and needed guidance once more.

Leading troops of over 900 iron chariots reinforced with the magecraft of his mother, he set off to war. However, he witnessed things beyond what his mother could do. Chariots stopped by mud created from river water, stars raining down from the sky. This was the power of the current Judge of Israel, and he had no choice but to flee, weapons lost and mask broken. Coming to a nearby camp, he sought shelter, sensing no threat to his life nearby. As he rested, a tent peg was aligned and dropped down with a mallet.

From a long distance, his mother could only witness failure. The failure of an army to defeat Israel; the failure of a son to survive the defeat; the failure of a magus to serve her god's wishes; the failure of a mother to help her son.

Personality

Sisera is a stoic soul likened to a machine, focused on his objective, first and foremost. Quiet when not doing anything, he is quite lost when instructed to standby and so spends his time either training or spending time with his mother. Raised as the son of a cultist, he lacks any proper idea of what being a human is, with his current impression being someone who follows others without too much thought into it.

Regarding his mother, he loves her and makes no complaint about her presence. However, it mostly extends to him loving her as a son should rather than any unconditional love for her. His thoughts have become quite imbalanced with her newfound affection.

His mother is the opposite of her son. Expressive and talkative, though not to the point of being a motormouth, she tends to give little regard to any objectives laid out for her. She enjoys doing nonsensical, random actions, often pulling Sisera along with her. The trauma of utter failure clouds her actions, causing her to put less effort into her personal ambitions. In other words, the cold fanatical worshipper of Dagon has degraded into a secondhand lay about though she can and will fully express her prowess if she perceives her son to be in danger.

As for her actions towards him, they are something likened to experiments. Coming into the idea that she loves him as a mother, she is taking actions to attempt to display those burgeoning emotions. Spending time around him, fighting alongside him in combat, and just generally pulling to places is part of that experiment.

Extra Scene

Double-edged Reencounter

"I've got you."

"Hrk!"

"Barak, take him down!"

"Oh, you must have some quite misplaced faith in your general there, Miss Judge."

"He is my friend. It is only natural, Miss Cultist."

"Natural, huh. I see. Then, surely you must have faith in yourself, no?"

"...Is that a challenge?"

"Ufufu then prepare yourself."

Creator's Note: So I guess i'm entering the contest as well. I had to take some creative liberties with Sisera and his Mother (who has no name btw) and whether it worked or not, I'll leave to the judges. Anyone who read the Deborah and Barak sheet can probably tell that this is meant to be a dark mirror version. Also if the dialogue is weird...then its on purpose and i'll leave to yall interpretations.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Tower of Babel: Uhhh. Using anime girl colossus for the FC is genius but you should add some kind of NSFW warning lol

Anyway, I love the concept. Scream of Fear is a thoroughly underused Skill and it's perfect for this character great addition.
    Was a bit disappointed by the NP. Obviously it's the whole point of the tower, but a anti-divine attack that's just that is still pretty simple. With the emphasis you put on the shelter to weapon thing I was expecting some kind of sulf-sufficient, divinity free, bunker/ark/reality marble kind of thing.
    Also comparing her to a homunculus at the weird feels weird. It gives the impression that they purposefully made her as a living being, which I don't really like and don't think was your intention.

I can't believe it's not Rider! DesReploid's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Tower Of Babel: From the opening quote I figured this would be a Nimrod sheet but the truth turned out to be much more interesting. An intentionally one-note character existing to fulfill its mission yet you did hint at some opinions and desire separate from that goal. I imagine in a story you could flesh out a potential conflict between its purpose to shelter humanity and keep them safe and its desire to encourage them to advance and climb new heights. As going too far on either of those extremes would either lead it to sequester humanity from any and all harm to the point of smothering their growth or throwing endlessly greater obstacles to see them overcome not even caring if they get destroyed at some point along the way. I wonder if they'd have any relationship to Nimrod as their "papa"?
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Tower of Babel: Uhhh. Using anime girl colossus for the FC is genius but you should add some kind of NSFW warning lol

Anyway, I love the concept. Scream of Fear is a thoroughly underused Skill and it's perfect for this character great addition.
    Was a bit disappointed by the NP. Obviously it's the whole point of the tower, but a anti-divine attack that's just that is still pretty simple. With the emphasis you put on the shelter to weapon thing I was expecting some kind of sulf-sufficient, divinity free, bunker/ark/reality marble kind of thing.
    Also comparing her to a homunculus at the weird feels weird. It gives the impression that they purposefully made her as a living being, which I don't really like and don't think was your intention.
    I'm glad both of you seemed to like Tower of Babel.
    Also, yes, I definitely should have - And now have - added an NSFW warning. I feel like an idiot for not thinking of that one by myself.
    I also agree that the NP is really disappointing, I posted the sheet and immediately all the things I could've done differently or better began jumping out at me. I'll probably redo this one.

Blog Entries

11 Therefore the Lord said to Solomon, “Because you have done this, and have not kept My covenant and My statutes, which I have commanded you, I will surely tear the kingdom away from you and give it to your servant.
    12 Nevertheless I will not do it in your days, for the sake of your father David; I will tear it out of the hand of your son.
    13 However I will not tear away the whole kingdom; I will give one tribe to your son for the sake of My servant David, and for the sake of Jerusalem which I have chosen.”
    I Kings 1:11, New King James Version

Rehoboam
    The Last King of United Israel

Class: Caster
    Alternate Classes: /

STRENGTH: E
    ENDURANCE: E
    AGILITY: D
    MANA: A
    LUCK: E
    NOBLE PHANTASM: A

Bond 1

In almost everyone's life, there is a moment where they hit upon the realization that their guardians - parents, mentors, teachers - are also just people, trying to do their best in an uncertain world. According to some, this is the moment one becomes an adult.

By this definition, Rehoboam, the last king of united Israel, never became an adult at all: his father Solomon simply wasn't just a person. Instead, he was considered one of the wisest men ever to live. Certainly he was considered, at one point and ever since his death, the greatest King the Jews would ever see.

But then, something was readily apparent: as his heir, as his successor, as his disciple, Rehoboam would not be, could not be, another Solomon.

Bond 2

Height/Weight: 177cm / 74kg
    Source: the Book of Kings
    Region: Israel
    Alignment: True Neutral

"Disappointed, Master? Hah! Yes. So am I! Marvel at me, Master of Chaldea! Perhaps I look like him, but I! I am not Solomon!"

Bond 3

Rehoboam inherited a nation already in sharp decline. Solomon's wealth had been invested into enormous building projects meant to enrich the city of Jerusalem, as well his own Temple. Ironically, the people, for who these projects were meant, were dissatisfied with them. Jeroboam, a former civil leader, had risen in open rebellion and was being advised by a prophet, who boasted of God having given him the go-ahead to splinter Israel.

Everyone wondered about the young king. Was Rehoboam like the young Solomon - wise, led by the counsel of the Lord, and reigning with a fair hand? Was Rehoboam like the old Solomon - led astray by his thousand wives into worshipping heretical gods, consorting with demons, and squandering the people's wealth on immense projects?

In the end, it turned out Rehoboam was neither. Rehoboam at his best was no Solomon, and Rehoboam at his worst was no Solomon.

Bond 4

Immediately as the young king took the throne, Jeroboam received counsel from the Lord through the prophet Ahijah that of twelve tribes of Israel all but one would be his. Then also there was Rezon son of Elaidah, captain of a band of raiders, and Hadad, descendant of the king in Edom. There were men who, having received the blessings that were Magic Circuits, itched to see what they could do in war. The ancient enemies of Israel, also, who had never lain easy under its dominion, and were all to eager to throw off their wearisome yoke.

Perhaps at this point, rebellion might still have been avoided, but Rehoboam decided to consult not just with the elders of Israel but Goetia also. While not the only cause of his downfall, it was a contributing factor. The demons ensured Rehoboam's heart was set on war, not reconciliation, and so the tribes of Israel were torn apart for good; all the better to scatter across the land, where they might more easily find compatible hosts among far-flung lands, sleeping in their lineage until the time was right. What cared the demons for Rehoboam, or his kingdom?

Rehoboam went to war, but as his kingdom of now Judah marched with him, he - for the only time in his life - heard the Word of God, advising him away from this course of action. Beyond that God spoke no words of wisdom in his ear, gave him no miracles. And why should he? So Rehoboam bitterly thought to himself - he was not Solomon.

Bond 5

Item Construction D
    The ability to create wands, trinkets, and all other sorts of magical paraphernalia. The first Class Skill of the Caster class. As his specialty should lie in creating contracts and agreements with spirits, Rehoboam has little propensity for creating magical items.

Territory Creation C
    The ability to create a terrain advantageous to its owner, meant to help them with magecraft or anything else a Servant might need.

While Rehoboam possesses only the meagrest records of building anything - we only know of a series of forts he built to keep out the Egyptian invaders, which failed - he received personal instruction of the builder of the First Temple, one of the most sacred buildings ever created. As such, he can copy small parts of the First Temple at a time, which function as a Workshop.

Prince of a Fallen Kingdom C
    A specific variant of Charisma, specialized in holding together a group of people when surrounded by enemies. However, it is extremely difficult to recruit sincere new followers to Caster's cause.

Rehoboam was the last ruler of the United Kingdom of Israel, with all Twelve Tribes under his nominal command. It would prove to be the last time this ever was the case, as during Rehoboam's time the Kingdom splintered. Whereas Rehoboam's other two skills are clearly inherited from his parents, this is one uniquely his own, and probably the Skill he dislikes having the most as a result.

Idolatry C
    A skill showing that the Servant worships a cult image or an "idol" as their God. During Rehoboam's seventeen-year reign, the people of Judah enacted Asherim or Asherah poles, which were cult images dedicated to Asherah, consort of El.

Rehoboam himself was the son of Solomon and an Ammonite concubine named Naamah, who some sources simply refer to as "the" Ammonitess. The Ammonites worshipped gods such as Moloch or Milkom; offering worship at the altar of such false gods was one reason that it was claimed Solomon fell out of favour with God, for which Rehoboam was punished.

Confers a significant bonus to recognizing articles of faith of any religion, their origins, their functions and their effects, even from religions Rehoboam has not had any contact with before. In addition, it also boosts the effectiveness of mysteries used by him which originate from sources other than the Abrahamic religions, while also boosting the effectiveness of mysteries used against him which do originate from Abrahamic sources.

Summoning B
    Summoning is a magecraft that evokes spiritual bodies and recreates them in the present, the foremost expert of which was King Solomon. He had under his control 72 demon gods, capable familiars one and all and subjugated by God. If not eager, they are at least willing to do as Solomon commands. Summoning at least one Demon God is sufficient to obtain the rank of 'B'.

King Rehoboam has under his control one demon god, Beleth. While he looks fierce or even frightening, the demon is only compelled by the power of the sole silver ring that Rehoboam carries on the middle finger of his left hand. It makes sense, however: it isn't like Rehoboam was Solomon.

Bond 6

The Time of Parting is Yet to Come
    Ars Relinqua

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1

Due to a revelation from God, Solomon received his Ten Rings, allowing him to command the 72 Demon Gods.
    Due to a revelation from God, Solomon returned his Ten Rings, leaving only a single one behind 'for the future'.

That future was given to Rehoboam. Not as a gift, or as a measure to keep him safe, or even a keepsake, but merely another component in the grand Plan of creation woven by God. It, like all of the Rings, represents Solomon's accomplishments. As a result, it allows its wielder to summon and command a Demon God, as well performing the other magecraft that Solomon knew. However, one must be a Jew to be able to activate the ring's abilities.

As something similarly discarded by Solomon, Rehoboam felt some kinship to it and kept it for himself. He now views it with more bitterness than kinship, though. As a youth, he once thought that he could not be Solomon, but he could be the next best thing. Now he knows he could not even be that.

Bond 7

After he became a Servant, Rehoboam realized something that broke him utterly: King Solomon, for all his wisdom and his power and his wealth, had been God's puppet all along.

Solomon had a hundred wives and a thousand concubines - none of which were his choice to marry, or which he even appeared to have cared much for. The gods he was said to have worshipped? The projects he had wasted his wealth on? The enemies he had made? All of them had been a part of the Plan - a plan Rehoboam had never been privy to, but had been the unwitting victim of.

If that was true, then what was the point of all his suffering? His was not the story of a kingdom brought low by the arrogance of its king, and he the final witness to its once-lustrous glories. Neither was his story was not that of a proud people humbled by god in their arrogance, he the the foremost of them all.

No, he thought. It was merely the story of Solomon being propped up to absurd heights beyond anything his kingdom could take, and with Rehoboam being left to mourn the ugly mess that was left after the beautiful dream shattered. And all because he was not Solomon.

Bond 8

Of all the Servants to summon from the Bible, Rehoboam occupies an odd place. He is slightly more effective against Abrahamic religions, true, but so are they against him. Beleth is an advantage, true, but not an unovercomable one to an enemy Servant, especially as the demon dislikes the yoke under which it labours and is likely to try and undercut Rehoboam's orders wherever it can.

His advantages are few; beyond his possession of the Ars Relinqua, he is not a particularly gifted Caster. He is gripped by strange moods, prefers the dark and the quiet while making Beleth do tasks for him, spends long hours staring at the silver ring on his hand, and while he is no coward nor flinches from combat, his self-confidence is utterly nonexistent. In short, Rehoboam is utterly clinically depressed.

It will not take much - perhaps not the first time something goes wrong, but possibly the second and definitely the third time a plan goes awry or an enemy Servant seems to prove superior - that he will turn to his Master and say, with complete conviction, that he knows his Master would have rather summoned another Servant, of course. Perhaps his father, no? How unfortunate then that Caster is not the former Grand Caster, and that Rehoboam is who he is and not Solomon.

Bond 9

At this point it may be interesting to wonder what Rehoboam's wish on the Grail is. He cannot be summoned without one, after all, and yet his state of general torpor and moroseness certainly makes it seem that he holds no particular interest.

Rehoboam, though, knows better what he does not want than what he does. He does not wish to go back in time and "fix" the errors that toppled Israel; he knows at this point that it would be useless, as God wanted the kingdom to fall, anyway. He does not wish to reunite with his father - what could the man say to him, at this point? What could he say to Solomon? He would not wish for wisdom - he saw what that meant for Solomon, after all.

Pressed, Rehoboam may tentatively offer that he would use the Grail to build the promised Third Temple, the result of which would be to once more lead the Jews to a golden age, even a messianic age. A moment later he would shake his head, sink into even deeper torpor, and reject this idea also. After all - building the First Temple was one of the acts of Solomon, and Rehoboam is not Solomon.

Bond 10

But perhaps there is something else. A Pretender, you think? A Beast, maybe, as a parallel to Goetia?

No.

"Not I," says Rehoboam, with a tired, sad smile. "Because -"
    The Adventure of the Velvet Room (Sherlock Holmes/Persona) (SB, FFN, AO3)

Blog with all of my Servants so far.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Blog Entries
    WOW = So many awesome posts:

Babel - Impressive choices and designs - I like the way you use the character
    Sisera: I like the dark mirror post you did!
    Rehoboam: Wow, great! I'm a little confused about the NP though, does it do anything besides summoning demon gods?

Rehoboam: Nice sheet here. Its always something to see these great figures of Fate and turning to the people who they said to have affected. What would other people be like when the figures we know are like this? Wonderful Sheet.

Blog Entries
    So I got an idea after all. It's... questionable. I'm debating if I want to do it or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Not questionable as in "doesn't fit the prompt", probably. I'm reinforcing their biblicality by tying multiple figures together.

As usual.

Well, "figures"...

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

just reviewing ones i've read so far (haven't had a lotta time yet so i just kinda arbitrarily chose some to go through, don't feel bad if i didn't read yours):

Nuclear Monkey: this is good, just conceptually, i really like it. feels like something i would do (that is to say, very creative and goofy but still self-serious, ya know?), i really like this sheet.

desreploid's tower girls: see above, tbh. a really creative concept that i quite like what you've done with it, definitely not a direction i'd have ever expected.

sissy and the milf: i quite like this loser and his hot mom