Page 417 of 621 FirstFirst ... 317367407412415416417418419422427467517 ... LastLast
Results 8,321 to 8,340 of 12406

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

Blog Entries
    Charles the Fat: I was anticipating this and it definitely delivered. Good conclusion to the trilogy! The characterisation comes through well, the interactions with Richardis's kit are well thought-out, the seemingly counterintuitive way in which he fights stifling his own kit actually fits the story you laid out, and the nightmarish nature of the NP was a highlight.

Dihya: Cool sheet! Great meld of the themes of love and war in someone standing for both, and a fitting Pillar to go with her; the Astarte-Astaroth link seems definitely well represented, down to the increase in Authority leading to a takeover by the Pillar rather than to Divinity.

"Shalmanesser III": Pushes pretty openly for relishing in the most oppressive aspects of conquest and kingship, huh. Honestly, while the NP's gimmicks are good, the Tribute skill is probably my favourite part: I like the justification behind it and it could definitely change up faction politics in an interesting way, not just with its non-aggression paths but also with the gifts tied to it.

Blog Entries
    almost forgot to read the new sheets.

great work you two. An interesting take on a DP that has ties to other gods
    and a creative idea for a watcher and the story of a forgotten deity.
    i like this kinda of stuff
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Vance's Avatar
    "Ah, Master, I've been waiting for this! I prepared specially for this and have it all planned out! Ah, it's gonna be fun."

Final Ascension

True Name: Voyager 2
    Class: Foreigner
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Source: Historical Fact
    Region: Servant Universe

Parameters:
    Strength: E
    Endurance: B
    Agility: A
    Mana: B+
    Luck: A+

Class Skills:

Existence Outside the Domain D++
    A Class Skill associated with Foreigners. Denotes a being that descended from the void of outer space. As a being who hailed from the Servant Universe, Voyager seems to have this skill at an oddly low rank. Despite this, she showcases that she can and will ignore any natural laws to her liking.

Independent Navigation B
    The Voyager Class' variation of Independent Action. The retention of an inherent skill. Voyager had been travelling for so long, this skill is undegraded even in a new class.

Contact with Civilization E
    A skill that does not naturally belong to Voyager but is simply the result of osmosis, at least, from what Voyager says.

Personal Skills:

Clairvoyance (Cosmos) A+
    An ability linked to and used to view the outer limits of the World. A skill developed by Voyager to quickly pinpoint new places for her to find and travel to as well as avoid any danger caused by interstellar phenomena without too much harm. Though it is something that detects "alien" existences without fail, it needs a foundation of common sense to be linked to.

"Astonished? I call it my Wizard's Eye, name pending."

Swingby (Orbital) B+
    A variation of the normal Swingby skill, tailored for indirect use. Adjusting her personal gravity and combining it with her kinetic manipulation, she can redirect attacks using her personal orbit, carry things around with ad hoc gravitational inventory, and draw and compress objects together to use as shields or projectiles.

"Uh, I don't have my Heliopause Pierce anymore but I have something. Just you wait."

Grand Tour EX
    A skill representing the fervent wishes of one who wanted to "go out and see what's out there, no matter what it takes". Due to certain factors, the rank by which this skill acts on reached undetermined levels, putting it at EX though most of the time, it functionally works at A+ rank.

"Heh, you'd think that retreading old ground would be boring but nah, things change all the time and I'm happy to see it all, both recent and unchanged. Besides, the both of you won't be disappointed, I'm sure."

Noble Phantasm

Great Dark Spot: Oh, Alien Blue Storm
    Type: Anti-Planet

The noble phantasm of Voyager in her Foreigner incarnation. A passing view of something extraordinary recorded as an image for all of humanity to see, gained from an exchange for data, as Voyager says. The "things'' that lay outside of their sight made for them to comprehend. The crystallisation of a picture of an Earth-sized anticyclonic storm seen on the surface of Neptune.

Reproduced to the best of the Golden Record's ability, the surrounding environment is shifted to match the "alien" environment that is able to have the storm manifest. The storm itself, once manifested, is a force of nature completely incompatible to Earth's natural laws and as so, is highly lethal. Having winds that clock up to 2,100 km per hour, the storm will quickly rip apart all but the most durable Servants.

Voyager, for the most part, has decent control over the storm using her Swingby (Orbital) to have her as the focal point. She can freely manipulate how large it can get, to the point it can cover the entire planet. But she would hesitate to do it as it would take an absurd amount of magical energy and she loses control the larger the storm is. As such, she keeps it around B rank.

Lore

It was something of an odd situation that happened. The simple act of a catalyst for something greater. The two Voyagers had met.

Voyager had known of Voyager 1, her alternate's apparent brother. She had met him, got along with him, dazzled and endeared by his curiosity and future role. Knowing of him as the lance that would lead humanity through the cosmos someday, she wondered of her alternate. What of them? What role do they have? Will they be like their brother? Why can't they experience the same joys as him?

It is with those questions she found herself in the summoning chambers of Chaldea. With no actual plan, she used herself as a catalyst for summoning. As the light of FATE surrounded her, her thoughts repeated themselves.

'Let's go on a tour together.'

Bond CE

For The Child In The Stars Above

I hope you enjoyed those sights.
    The memories we made.
    They were truly beautiful things.
    Cherish them and grow well.
    Become the hero Humanity would be proud of, my other half.

Creator's Note: Surprise. Just thought of this sheet a while ago.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Baron Magnus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    BWOOOOORG!

Sources
    Beverly Joubert, Kids.NationalGeographic.Com.

Class
    Berserker

True Name
    Land King Behemoth

Origin
    Book of Job

Alignment
    Rage

The Blood of it's enemies, it's watering hole, and it's dominion

Dislikes
    Other animals, infringements on its territory, and HUMANSHunters

Natural Enemies
    MAN

Other Classes
    Ruler, Foreigner, or Ancient Giant

Catalyst
    Fossils of a baluchitherium, a Hippo pelt, and a Platypus egg.

Armament
    Bite (CA-rank)

*Huf* *Huff*
    H-he... he stopped roaring...
    Finally... thought he'd never shut up... seriously though? A hippo? How is that a-
    No, no, no, Cu don't-!
    GROOOOOOOORG!

Parameters

Str: A++A+++ End: A++A+++ Agi: CA++
    Mna: ED Lck: ED NP: B

C'mon Berserker please stop-
    *Huff*
    You'll eat all the food at this rate!!!
    ... We aren't made of food you know
    Grrrrrrrrrrrg
    .... Fine another emu burger coming right up...
    *Snort*

Lore

The King of Land. The Beast of Burden. Spoken of in the Book of Job chapter 40 briefly, Job attempted to control this beast and lamented his failure. God however showed him why he failed and told him not to lament for one day it would fall like all life. Behemoth displayed that the planet favored it by bending nature into itself and then swam upstream the torrential river Jordan.

Many theories are written about what Job tried to overcome, to tame. Yet recent theories present an interesting and fascinating idea. That the behemoth was no king of beasts and was merely an oversized Hippo. This theory has been more or less accepted by even religious scholars who know of the relationship between the great Sky Ziz and the Abyssal Serpent Leviathan.

Yet the Behemoth is a king of the land. Even burdened by the conceptions of humanity it still made its mark on the world by surviving until the promised day. It faced that hunter from mankind in glorious combat!... or should have. Instead he was trapped, ambushed, beaten, and killed mercilessly. Indeed, his death was without the dignity deserved of a King of the Trodden Lands... and so he swore vengeance on all mankind for his humiliation... and for that vow he was recorded into the throne to do one thing; hunt men down and give them the death he was given. Mercilessly. Brutally. Finally.

BWOOOOOORG
    BWOOOOOORG
    BBBBBBBBWOOOOOOOOORG!
    ... *Sigh*... I miss proper grail wars...

Class Skills

Mad Enhancement: BEX

Rage describes the temperment of the beast but it does not consume it. It is still capable of thought and some articulation though only just words that sometimes make sense. Rage is his madness and one he happily engages in. Under its effects he feels immense rage all the time directed at HUMANSHunters and stops at nothing to destroy them, even ignoring his own master... however it is otherwise simply annoyed and somewhat controllable.

At this rank the skill grants him an extra two ranks of Strength, Endurance, and Agility.

... So this is what madness looks like.... I... I can't even explain this.
    BWORG!
    ... No. I refuse to think about how you trapped yourself on top of a power line. Give me a few minutes, I need to figure out how to get you down.
    ... bworg...?
    ... What? No! No you absolutely cannot stay up there!
    .... BRRRRG... BWORG! BWOOOORG!
    No! No that's not your throne! That isn't even a throne! Now get down here!
    BWOOOOOOOOOOORG!

Personal Skills

Innocent Monster: C-

A difficult skill for Behemoth to contend with. Due to humanity's perception of him simply being a 'Hippo', this skill tries its best to force him to conform to that. From actions to abilities... yet, the King of the Trodden Lands is not so easily burdened. For he also bears the title Beast of Burden and so this skill finds less purchase than it normally would.

This skill normally would make Behemoth simply be a hippo. Instead his form is simply a hippo. He retains his mind and RAGE remain Behemoth. Interestingly, this skill has a useful help to it; Normally he would have a conceptual weakness to Hunters and Ambushes due to his legend ending with a disgraceful death caused by an ambush from a hunter... however due to Innocent Monster this is diluted.

This skill cannot be sealed, altered, or changed in anyway.

Berserker... calm down... he didn't mean it...
    Dude seriously what's the issue? I'm just saying your hippo's cool!
    Dude, don't he's hard enough to control as is!
    GRRRRRRG
    Okay okay I'm sorry! I didn't know that was a sensitive subject!
    .....GRG....

Beast's Hide: A+++

The hide of a truly powerful beast. Whether a phantasmal or a real creature this skill is a defensive skill first and foremost. At this rank it reduces the rank of all attacks, noble phantasms or otherwise, by 2 ranks. This ranges from gunfire, which will actively deflect off their hide, to anti-fortress noble phantasms. Even EX-rank noble phantasms will find their damage not doing as much as expected.

Fueled both by the legends of the Behemoth and its dominion over all nature and its ability to march through the torrent of the river Jordan and by the legends of Hippo being immune to all predators within africa, this skill is at its highest with Behemoth. When faced with an attack with water as either a concept or medium then the attack is ranked down 3 times instead.

bwurgbwurgbwurgbwurg!
    ... Is... is it laughing at me?
    I don't know, hey Berserker are you laughing at him?
    BWURG!!!

Independent Action: B++

Such is his pride and legend that the Behemoth cannot be properly restrained. He can function without a master for a time and moreso if he has regular access to a body of water from which he can absorb the planets Mana. When he does he can technically operate completely independent of his master, including being capable of one use of his noble phantasm between rests in a body of water.

However lacking it he can only sustain his existence for 2 days so long as he does not fight and does not utilize his noble phantasm.

BRG.
    Berserker come on! I know the river is nice this time of year but we have to fight a war!
    BRRRRRG!
    ... Fine. I can't make a 5 ton hippo move anyway... and I rather not waste time wasting a command spell
    brg.

Personality

He is a proud beast, befitting one who bears the title Kind of the Lands. He will broker no disrespect from even his master. He refuses to regard them as such or call them such. Even a command spell fails to force this. Likewise he will not call himself a servant. Even the idea of subservience is ill-fitting to him. Instead his master is simply a retainer. A loyal member of his earthly court.

Such is his pride that generally he does not get along with others, especially others claiming to be kings. However he can tolerate them if placated enough by his master... his rage comes when he spots someone that is a hunter. His madness enhancement goes into high gear and he begins a rampage of which cannot be stopped unless he accomplishes his goal, he loses the hunter, or he is defeated.

In fact this rage is always present. Usually directed at hunters but he somewhat blames Mankind. As such he is always annoyed by humans, even what he would consider the nice ones. Generally he refuses summons from any master that is not an animal-lover of some sort. Further he refuses to manifest in Africa under any circumstance and if forced to he will let his master know his discomfort.

Grrrrrg
    C-c'mon berserker I'm sure he-
    GRRRRRRRRRG
    Oh god run he's realized you're a hunter!
    BWOOOOOOOOOOORG!

Interactions

Master
    ... Okay i'm sorry I ate the last watermelon! Please spare me!
    BWOOOOOOOOOOOO-

the Emu
    BWORG!
    WARK!
    BWOOOORG!
    WAAAAARK!
    .... What are you arguing about!?
    WARK WARKWARK WARK!/BWORG BWORG!

Noble Phantasm

King of the Trodden Lands
    He Who Defies the River Jordan

Type: Anti-Army

A crystallization of his ultimate feat. Of his advance through the River Jordan. How the Behemoth, in displaying his power to defy the world's logic, swam upstream the river Jordan during a torrential day. A stream that crushed the strongest of boats and instantly drowned the hardiest of men. Behemoth swam up this stream with zero issues. So mighty was this beast that even god's most faithful, Job, believed taming the beast impossible.

Such is his legend. So mighty is it that the river Jordan is now HIS legend. Passively it allows total, free, movement while within water. To be clear while within water his Agility parameter raises to A rank. Further any and all water magecraft target him, especially while he is within water, completely fail as though hitting against EX rank magecraft, regardless of the foundation used.

Further all bodies of water, while he is within, generate Mana for him to passively absorb to fuel his Independent Action skill.

However he cannot true name activate this noble phantasm. His madness prevents it normally... and so to utilize it his master must order it with a command seal. When activated in this way the true terror arises. A torrential, unending storm begins.

This storm will persist for an entire 24 hours. While active this noble phantasm, to an extent, mimics a certain other noble phantasm in that nothing can theoretically trap Behemoth. Yet there is a stark difference. While that certain other noble phantasm is the result of the servant's effort and allows the forceful escape from traps and prisons of all kinds, even the abstract, this one is a different method and origin.

Manifesting the will he displayed when he defied the world's logic, he becomes unfettered by it. His Madness Enhancement skill rises to EX rank granting an additional rank to all his parameters in addition to the bonuses it granted before and he gains the ability to swim wherever he desires. The world will bend to conform to this desire making all forms of imprisonment or entrapment impossible. Further the storm completely cancels out all water-based magecraft attempted within it or without into it. Finally Behemoth's armament rises from C rank to A rank.

The only downside to this noble phantasm is that a command spell is wasted and not as fuel for it. It must be wasted on an order meaning the magus must still provide prana for the noble phantasm separately. If he cannot then the noble phantasms passive effects are all that can be utilized.

BWOOOOOOOOOORG!
    WAAAAAAAARK!
    ... Huh...I never thought I'd see a flying hippo flyby attacking a flock of super-powered Emu's...
    Rookie Lorekeeper, Amateur Extraordinaire, and all around nasunoob.

Blog Entries
    hippo good

Blog Entries

Class: Archer
    True Name: Francisco Otomo
    Height and Weight: 185 cm / 70 kg

Source: Historical fact
    Region: Japan
    Attribute: Man

Parameters
    Strength: C
    Constitution: D
    Agility: B
    Magical Energy: C
    Luck: E
    Noble Phantasm: B

Biography
    Legend
    Otomo Yoshishige was a military commander and a Christian daimyo in the Sengoku and Azuchi-Momoyama periods. He was the 21st head of the Otomo clan, and is better known under the Buddhist name Sorin. Called the King of Bungo by the Portuguese, he was baptized under the name Francisco Otomo.

Francisco's father was Otomo Yoshiaki, the 20th head of the family, and his mother is said to have been a daughter of the Boshiro clan of the nobility. His younger brothers included Ouchi Yoshinaga, Shioichimaru, and Chikasada, and his children were Yoshimune, Chikaie, Chikamori, and several others.

Francisco expanded his territory by dispatching diplomats to Ming China and even Europe, by economic power through overseas trade with Ryukyu, Cambodia, and Portugal, by his excellent military commanders, and by skillful diplomacy. He conquered eastern Kitakyushu while the Ouchi, Mori, and other local daimyo were occupied with contending for supremacy.

Initially a devotee of Zen Buddhism, Francisco later became increasingly interested in Christianity and was baptized himself. At his peak, he ruled over six provinces of Kyushu; however, he was defeated by Shimazu Yoshihisa, who moved north from Satsuma, and in his later years became a feudatory under Toyotomi Hideyoshi.

Character
    Dislikes: Hot springs, sweet potatoes
    Talent: Kemari, spoken word poetry

Born in the ideal circumstances, Francisco Otomo is the sort of genius who's good at a lot of things, and who possesses a good eye for both artifacts and people. Outspoken, passionate, and fiercely protective of his clan, it was Francisco's life-long dream to create a home where he and his family could live in peace.

Francisco dedicated the entirety of his adult life to achieving his dream, and it could be said that his embassies, his relentless hunger for luxuries, his conquests, and even his baptism were entwined one way or another with the fulfillment of this ambition: a land where the Toshi can live content and free from strife, where fathers no longer need conspire against their sons, where brothers no longer bare their swords against each other.

To the monk Kyuan Sorin, the road to this utopia was obscure and perilous, but to the Christian Dom Francisco, the way could not be clearer, especially with the barbarians' trinkets at his disposal. Not only did he receive the cannons he fondly nicknamed "kunikuzushi" (province destroyers), he was also gifted a Holy Grail as thanks for his solicitude to the Christian missionaries.

However, or perhaps because of these gifts, Francisco slowly began to lose his way. No longer seeking first that Kingdom where his wish would find its definitive conclusion, he grew increasingly reliant on the power of his ordnance and his Grail. Thus was jack-of-all-trades gradually worn down by the neighboring masters-of-one: the Mori, savants in naval warfare, to the north, and the Ryuzoji and Shimazu, perfecters of guerrilla operations, to the south.

Stripped of his crutches by enemies he once would not bat an eye at, the man who was once master of six realms found he could not protect even one of these, and it was with great horror and shame that he pled for assistance against his rival clans to the upstart Toyotomi Hideyoshi in Osaka. Francisco Otomo died in 1578 an unfulfilled man, and did not live to see the Toyotomi campaign to pacify Kyushu completed.

Manifested as a Servant, Francisco Otomo is nothing less than overjoyed for this second chance at fulfilling his ambitions. This time, he won't fall for the dirty tricks that landed him in hot water. This time, he'll set his eyes and his heart on that better country that man talked about. This time, he'll definitely make that dream come true.

--Considering his current skillset, this may be easier said than done.

Relationships
    Master
    Justo approaches the Master as a guest advisor or general. His unique perspective of things results in invaluable insights, but his advice might not always be what people want to hear. In this case, a high level of trust is needed in order to prevent a falling out.

Tawara Touta
    "Lord Tawara Touta!? I mean, Lord Fujiwara no Hidesato! H-holy shit... I'm Yoshi--I mean, Francisco. Otomo Francisco... A direct descendant of your lordship, from the line of your son Chitsune! I-If it's not too much to ask... would your lordship deign to sign my gauntlet?"

Murasaki Shikibu
    "Oh! Ohhh! Ain't that Murasaki Shikibu-- no, Lady Fujiwara no Kaoruko!? Man, what I wouldn't give to have a slam session with the grande dame of Fujiwara poets!"

Sei Shonagon
    "Oi, Nagiko! Cough up my kemari uniform! Don't play dumb, you know the one! Huh? Whaddaya mean I gotta win it from you!? Quit messing around and gimme it already! --Ugh... Now I get why Lady Kaoruko didn't want to get tangled up with this bird-brain..."

Toyotomi Hideyoshi
    "The monkey, huh? I don't hate him, exactly; it's more I'm kicking myself for being so weak as to rely on a wildcard to fight my battles for me. Mark my words... one of these days, he'll be the one bowing and scraping before me!"

Justo Takayama
    "Nngh... That guy's-- He's so-- Gah! Don't get me wrong, he's a swell conversationalist, and his tea is to kill for, but the way he seems to see right through you is unnerving as all get out!"

Maria Kyogoku
    "Shooting the breeze with Lady Maria is... definitely an experience, haha! You can start talking to her about anything, from supply lines to screen paintings, and she'll find a way to turn the conversation into an impromptu Bible study! Don't tell her, but I've even started timing how fast she can set the stage for it."

Frankenstein
    "So this is the other Fran I've been hearing about! Nice to meetcha! --Ah, she left. Oi, come back here! Us Frans gotta look after each other, y'know!?"

Eric Bloodaxe
    "Your wife is doing WHAT?! ... ... Women really turn into something else once you put a ring on 'em..."
    Class Skills
    Magic Resistance: D
    Grants protection against magical effects. Cancels Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy. The skill's performance against the Church's sacraments is weaker than usual, in exchange for being stronger against magecraft rooted in the thaumaturgical traditions of Japan.

Independent Action: B
    The ability to act independently for a period even if Magical Energy supply from the Master is severed. At B rank, even if Francisco loses his Master he is able to stay materialized for a period of 2 days. The high rank was earned through Francisco's efforts to maintain ties with the central government in Kyoto, resulting in being granted the title of "Constable" as well as increased autonomy within the shogunate.

Personal Skills
    Charisma: B
    A composite skill consisting of a person's charm as well as the command ability to unify an army or country. At this rank, it's possible for the bearer to lead a nation as its monarch. The morale of military forces under Francisco's command is also extremely high.

Collector: B
    The "talent" to collect high quality goods—a "luck" that draws rare items into the possession of the Servant. However, because it is the Servant that owns this Skill, the Servant's Master derives no benefit from this Personal Skill. In Francisco's case, the items he draws to himself are those that fall under the category of meibutsu.

Prayer for Victory: B++
    An invocation made upon weapons and other tools of warfare to improve their performance; in other words, a subspecies of Reinforcement magecraft. Using this skill, it's possible to not only improve the performance of the aforementioned items, but also to imbue them with Anti-Demon and Anti-Evil attributes.

A fitting personal skill for the Warring States daimyo Francisco Otomo, who not only converted to Christianity partly for the Portuguese traders' superior military technology, but also prayed to the Great Bodhisattva Hachiman for victory against the rival Mori clan as the Buddhist monk Kyuan Sorin.

Incidentally, if someone were to be given a nickel for each time a Servant of the Toshi prayed to Hachiman for military success they would have two nickels-- which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it's happened twice.

Noble Phantasms
    Tenrai Kappa - Kunikuzushi: Heaven-sent Rebuke - Province Destroyers
    Type: Anti-Army, Anti-Fortress Noble Phantasm
    Range: 1-20
    Maximum targets: 300 people

A large-scale bombardment using the full battery of Kunikuzushi cannons Francisco acquired from the Portuguese, with the cannon formed from his mechanical gauntlet being the first to fire. In addition to the damage caused by the ordnance, the sound of the bombardment is as Heaven's own castigation, dealing additional sonic damage to demon-attribute enemies and applying mental interference to targets of the Evil alignment. The latter two effects can be magnified by combining this Noble Phantasm with Francisco's Prayer for Victory skill.

Author's Notes
    I wanted to do a (sort of) return to the basics with this set, so these will be a bit more... sedate than the material I've been putting out recently. Many of the references in this sheet are from JP wikipedia, so I'll spell them out here in case you're too lazy to run the article through DeepL or something.

Francisco's complex relationship with hot springs is related to an incident that's also touched upon in his Character section. Before Francisco came of age, his dad wanted to make Shioichimaru, his half-brother from a concubine, the next clan head, so dear old dad sent a squad of assassins to murder TF outta our boy during a doctor-prescribed trip to the real-world equivalent of Lavaridge Town. Francisco's followers got wind of this attempt on their master's life, however, so they managed to protect their lord, murder the upstart brother and his mom, and grievously injure dad, who later died from his wounds.

Francisco's line for Bloodaxe is a reference to Lady Nata, his first wife and all around bit-- I mean witch.

Francisco likes pumpkins because the things were apparently introduced from Cambodia during his reign, and there remains a local varietal of the plant known as "Sorin pumpkins". Conversely, he hates sweet potatoes because they're called Satsuma-imo in Japanese, Satsuma being the stomping grounds of his archenemy, the Shimazu clan. He was also a noted man of culture, and was so talented at kemari Shogun Ashikaga Yoshiteru gifted him what was essentially a sports jersey.

Anyway. Ciao.
    Last edited by Nuclear; May 4th, 2022 at 09:54 AM.

Wandering Cultivator Wan Dering'cul Tivator's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear View Post
    Francisco Otomo
    Archer of the Thorny Ground
    Source: Alchemy Stars official art
    "Yo! Servant Archer, at your service. My real name's a mouthful, so just call me Fran. Eh? There's already someone else called 'Fran' here? Heh, no big deal. I'm still the Otomo clan's strongest no matter what name I wear!"

Class: Archer
    True Name: Francisco Otomo
    Height and Weight: 185 cm / 70 kg

Source: Historical fact
    Region: Japan

Parameters
    Strength: C
    Constitution: D
    Agility: B
    Magical Energy: C
    Luck: E
    Noble Phantasm: B

Biography
    Legend
    Otomo Yoshishige was a military commander and a Christian daimyo in the Sengoku and Azuchi-Momoyama periods. He was the 21st head of the Otomo clan, and is better known under the Buddhist name Sorin. Called the King of Bungo by the Portuguese, he was baptized under the name Francisco Otomo.

Francisco's father was Otomo Yoshiaki, the 20th head of the family, and his mother is said to have been a daughter of the Boshiro clan of the nobility. His younger brothers included Ouchi Yoshinaga, Shioichimaru, and Chikasada, and his children were Yoshimune, Chikaie, Chikamori, and several others.

Francisco expanded his territory by dispatching diplomats to Ming China and even Europe, by economic power through overseas trade with Ryukyu, Cambodia, and Portugal, by his excellent military commanders, and by skillful diplomacy. He conquered eastern Kitakyushu while the Ouchi, Mori, and other local daimyo were occupied with contending for supremacy.

Initially a devotee of Zen Buddhism, Francisco later became increasingly interested in Christianity and was baptized himself. At his peak, he ruled over six provinces of Kyushu; however, he was defeated by Shimazu Yoshihisa, who moved north from Satsuma, and in his later years became a feudatory under Toyotomi Hideyoshi.

Character
    Dislikes: Hot springs, sweet potatoes
    Talent: Kemari, spoken word poetry

Born in the ideal circumstances, Francisco Otomo is the sort of genius who's good at a lot of things, and who possesses a good eye for both artifacts and people. Outspoken, passionate, and fiercely protective of his clan, it was Francisco's life-long dream to create a home where he and his family could live in peace.

Francisco dedicated the entirety of his adult life to achieving his dream, and it could be said that his embassies, his relentless hunger for luxuries, his conquests, and even his baptism were entwined one way or another with the fulfillment of this ambition: a land where the Toshi can live content and free from strife, where fathers no longer need conspire against their sons, where brothers no longer bare their swords against each other.

To the monk Kyuan Sorin, the road to this utopia was obscure and perilous, but to the Christian Dom Francisco, the way could not be clearer, especially with the barbarians' trinkets at his disposal. Not only did he receive the cannons he fondly nicknamed "kunikuzushi" (province destroyers), he was also gifted a Holy Grail as thanks for his solicitude to the Christian missionaries.

However, or perhaps because of these gifts, Francisco slowly began to lose his way. No longer seeking first that Kingdom where his wish would find its definitive conclusion, he grew increasingly reliant on the power of his ordnance and his Grail. Thus was jack-of-all-trades gradually worn down by the neighboring masters-of-one: the Mori, savants in naval warfare, to the north, and the Ryuzoji and Shimazu, perfecters of guerrilla operations, to the south.

Stripped of his crutches by enemies he once would not bat an eye at, the man who was once master of six realms found he could not protect even one of these, and it was with great horror and shame that he pled for assistance against his rival clans to the upstart Toyotomi Hideyoshi in Osaka. Francisco Otomo died in 1578 an unfulfilled man, and did not live to see the Toyotomi campaign to pacify Kyushu completed.

Manifested as a Servant, Francisco Otomo is nothing less than overjoyed for this second chance at fulfilling his ambitions. This time, he won't fall for the dirty tricks that landed him in hot water. This time, he'll set his eyes and his heart on that better country that man talked about. This time, he'll definitely make that dream come true.

--Considering his current skillset, this may be easier said than done.

Relationships
    Master
    Francisco's approach to the Master is "a retainer of the Otomo clan = a family member to be protected". If the two of them were to establish a strong bond, Francisco would most likely rely on them to help him keep his promise.

Tawara Touta
    "Lord Tawara Touta!? I mean, Lord Fujiwara no Hidesato! H-holy shit... I'm Yoshi--I mean, Francisco. Otomo Francisco... A direct descendant of your lordship, from the line of your son Chitsune! I-If it's not too much to ask... would your lordship deign to sign my gauntlet?"

Murasaki Shikibu
    "Oh! Ohhh! Ain't that Murasaki Shikibu-- no, Lady Fujiwara no Kaoruko!? Man, what I wouldn't give to have a slam session with the grande dame of Fujiwara poets!"

Sei Shonagon
    "Oi, Nagiko! Cough up my kemari uniform! Don't play dumb, you know the one! Huh? Whaddaya mean I gotta win it from you!? Quit messing around and gimme it already! --Ugh... Now I get why Lady Kaoruko didn't want to get tangled up with this bird-brain..."
    Class Skills
    Magic Resistance: D
    Grants protection against magical effects. Cancels Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy. The skill's performance against the Church's sacraments is weaker than usual, in exchange for being stronger against magecraft rooted in the thaumaturgical traditions of Japan.

Independent Action: B
    The ability to act independently for a period even if Magical Energy supply from the Master is severed. At B rank, even if Francisco loses his Master he is able to stay materialized for a period of 2 days. The high rank was earned through Francisco's efforts to maintain ties with the central government in Kyoto, resulting in being granted the title of "Constable" as well as increased autonomy within the shogunate.

Personal Skills
    Charisma: B
    A composite skill consisting of a person's charm as well as the command ability to unify an army or country. At this rank, it's possible for the bearer to lead a nation as its monarch. The morale of military forces under Francisco's command is also extremely high.

Collector: B
    The "talent" to collect high quality goods—a "luck" that draws rare items into the possession of the Servant. However, because it is the Servant that owns this Skill, the Servant's Master derives no benefit from this Personal Skill. In Francisco's case, the items he draws to himself are those that fall under the category of meibutsu.

Prayer for Victory: B++
    An invocation made upon weapons and other tools of warfare to improve their performance; in other words, a subspecies of Reinforcement magecraft. Using this skill, it's possible to not only improve the performance of the aforementioned items, but also to imbue them with Anti-Demon and Anti-Evil attributes.

A fitting personal skill for the Warring States daimyo Francisco Otomo, who not only converted to Christianity partly for the Portuguese traders' superior military technology, but also prayed to the Great Bodhisattva Hachiman for victory against the rival Mori clan as the Buddhist monk Kyuan Sorin.

Incidentally, if someone were to be given a nickel for each time a Servant of the Toshi prayed to Hachiman for military success they would have two nickels-- which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it's happened twice.

Noble Phantasms
    Tenrai Kappa - Kunikuzushi: Heaven-sent Rebuke - Province Destroyers
    Type: Anti-Army, Anti-Fortress Noble Phantasm
    Range: 1-20
    Maximum targets: 300 people

A large-scale bombardment using the full battery of Kunikuzushi cannons Francisco acquired from the Portuguese, with the cannon formed from his mechanical gauntlet being the first to fire. In addition to the damage caused by the ordnance, the sound of the bombardment is as Heaven's own castigation, dealing additional sonic damage to demon-attribute enemies and applying mental interference to targets of the Evil alignment. The latter two effects can be magnified by combining this Noble Phantasm with Francisco's Prayer for Victory skill.

Author's Notes
    I wanted to do a (sort of) return to the basics with this set, so these will be a bit more... sedate than the material I've been putting out recently. Many of the references in this sheet are from JP wikipedia, so I'll spell them out here in case you're too lazy to run the article through DeepL or something.

I had him put as "Francisco Otomo" instead of like "Otomo Sorin" to emphasize his being a Yuroboo. He apparently liked his baptismal name a lot, and signed all documents as "Fran" after the event.

Francisco's complex relationship with hot springs is related to an incident that's also touched upon in his Character section. Before Francisco came of age, his dad wanted to make Shioichimaru, his half-brother from a concubine, the next clan head, so dear old dad sent a squad of assassins to murder TF outta our boy during a doctor-prescribed trip to the real-world equivalent of Lavaridge Town. Francisco's followers got wind of this attempt on their master's life, however, so they managed to protect their lord, murder the upstart brother and his mom, and grievously injure dad, who later died from his wounds.

Francisco likes pumpkins because the things were apparently introduced from Cambodia during his reign, and there remains a local varietal of the plant known as "Sorin pumpkins". Conversely, he hates sweet potatoes because they're called Satsuma-imo in Japanese, Satsuma being the stomping grounds of his archenemy, the Shimazu clan. He was also a noted man of culture, and was so talented at kemari Shogun Ashikaga Yoshiteru gifted him what was essentially a sports jersey.

Anyway. Ciao.
    Great Fran!! I wonder if he'd be buddies with Fran? Also definitely would expect him to fangirl if he ever encountered Saint Martha.
    Last edited by Wan Dering'cul Tivator; April 29th, 2022 at 04:59 PM.
    Soil Nourishing Wood
    Autumn Tinder Kindling Fire
    Ash Enriching Earth

Blog Entries
    Voyager: Its just such a sweet sheet. I adore it.

Hippo: No wall of collapses anymore, thank god. Emu 2 Electric Boogaloo

Nuclear: fun sheet. your character quirks seem so random but they have so much thought behind them. Looking forward to the other sheets
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    someone should make shielder of the collapse text wall uwu

i should make shielder of the collapse text wall o3o

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NittyGritty View Post
    someone should make shielder of the collapse text wall uwu

i should make shielder of the collapse text wall o3o
    then someone is finally going to make Assassin of the Linked Posts...and making thread appropriate posts in other threads that are actually Assassin's Skills, Lore, and NP is harder than it seems
    Soil Nourishing Wood
    Ash Enriching Earth

Blog Entries
    Caster of the Genderbent Face Claim will have you thinking differently about history's greatest monsters

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Baron Magnus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    Hippo: No wall of collapses anymore, thank god. Emu 2 Electric Boogaloo
    Yeah. After the convo about collapse texts being annoying I decided to abandon it. I originally started because my sheets were getting big and I was worried their size might get to people and used Collapse as an easy way to alleviate that.

This was just a test to see if abandoning that wholesale was a solution. I think in the future I'll do what I did for Judas with this; a single collapse that opens the whole sheet with no further collapses (unless of course I'm doing some narrative thing).
    Rookie Lorekeeper, Amateur Extraordinaire, and all around nasunoob.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "N-no, don't come any closer Master... or else I might end up hurting you, just like my brother..."

Assassin of Transparent Red:

Appearance:

Source

Red

True Name: Garlon

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Alternate Classes: Lancer, Berserker

Strength- C+
    Agility- B
    Endurance- D
    Mana- C
    Luck- D
    NP- B

Personality
    Gloomy and neurotic. Assassin is uncomfortable interacting with people and often mutters "Don't look at me like that..." while staring down at the ground. However this is in reality an attempt to distance herself from others to keep from harming them when her demonic blood awakens.

When her "other side" takes over Assassin becomes a playful and sadistic person who enjoys seeing people's expressions of pain and confusion as they die without ever knowing their attacker. She has a peculiar sense of honor that applies to only killing people who don't expect to die. She finds killing those who expect their own deaths to be boring and will spare them unless her thirst grows too overpowering. For convenience Assassin refers to herself in this state as (Red).

Assassin is horrified by what her alter-ego does once she regains control. She detests the hunger inside her, finding it a blotch on her noble lineage that brought those around her to ruin. Especially her beloved brother Pelles, who continually showed compassion to Assassin and desperately sought a way of curing her "ailment". She blames herself for the curse that befell her brother, and Assassin's wish on the Holy Grail is that she never existed, cleansing the stain on his legend.

Conversely Assassin is actually someone who craves affection from others. If she were to interact with someone without fear of succumbing to her blood Assassin would show the side of an awkward yet affectionate person. She enjoys spending time in forested areas exploring their streams and groves, finding the time by herself to be one of the few things that can drown out the whispering of the demon within her.

Likes: her brother, forests/killing, arrogant people who are sure they won't ever die
    Dislikes: herself, slaughter/moralists, people aware of their own mortality
    Talents: repressing her demonic nature/spearing knights from behind
    Natural Enemy: Balin, Pelles

Class Skills:

Presence Concealment- A+
    The talent to cut off one's presence as a Servant. However the effective rank drops sharply the moment one prepares to attack. Her mysterious powers of concealment from life sublimated into a Class Skill. It is possibly another gift of her demonic ancestry. Even when approaching in full-plate armor the opponent won't be able to sense Assassin's presence until she strikes. However Assassin's default technique is to go behind her opponent while concealed and attempt to plunge her lance into their back, which renders her moves exceedingly predictable to more veteran foes. It is not a weakness of this Skill but a mark of her inexperience for combat in only attacking unguarded prey.

Personal Skills:

The Red- C+
    The crystallization of Assassin's bloody reputation along with the crimson-red armor she wore. In truth Assassin's murderous inclinations came from demonic heritage, as in a scandal to the line of Grailkeepers she was a child of a demon that bedded King Pelles' mother. As such the true nature of this Skill is Crimson Red Vermillion, the term that refers to a Demonkin fully surrendering to the impulses of their cursed blood. When active this donates Assassin a bevy of more monstrous features including lengthened (claw-like) fingernails, fangs and her hair and eyes dying blood-red. In return her sanity dulls, awakening a more feral and sadistic persona.

In these moments Assassin's physical parameters rank up and her strikes literally drain the opponent's life by plundering their body's heat. Furthermore wounds dealt by Assassin are unnaturally difficult to heal from although this curse can be treated with her blood. As a Mixed-Blood holy artifacts like crosses and blessed water won't harm Assassin, but can be useful in suppressing her demonic moods. Hence why King Pelles gathered a variety of relics from across Britain in the hope of curing his (half-)sister's "condition".

Affection Of The Holy Grail- C-
    A Skill for one who is deeply loved by a Holy Grail, in some time or place. Differing from a certain other Assassin this is the true blessing of the Holy Grail rather than the imitation profaned by Angra Mainyu. While she never touched the Grail in life as sister to King Pelles whose line was appointed to guard it Assassin receives this Skill.

The blessing of the Grail serves to contain the cacophony of her cursed blood, stabilizing Assassin's psyche from its influence. Grants a bonus to resisting mental interference and washing away of status ailments such as poisons and curses ranked C or lower. However even the Christian World's greatest holy artifact is unable to fully stem her demonic nature, which emerges at the smell of blood reducing her to an insatiable frenzy. When her Inversion Impulse is fully active this Skill becomes temporarily sealed.

Smirch On The Paragon- B
    A Skill that represents how Assassin's brother King Pelles never punished her for her evil acts. The one extolled as truest and most worshipful of knights continually turned a blind eye to Assassin's slaughter of humans, unwilling to fully fault his sister for the baying of her demonic blood. Her existence can be called the sole stain on a paragon of chivalry's legend.

As a Skill this asserts that Good-aligned individuals are unable to strike down Assassin reducing damage from their attacks against her as if they were unconsciously "holding back". Furthermore as his abidance of Assassin invited the Dolorous Stroke that brought ruin to Pelles' kingdom her presence ranks down the Luck of Good-aligned individuals and increases their likelihood of suffering critical hits even if she's not actually the one to inflict them. Neutral and Evil-aligned individuals are unaffected by this ability as she was ultimately struck down in legend by Balin le Savage in defiance to the codes of chivalry.

"To think that king was such a sis-con that he let me run free for so long... what a hoot!"

Murderer On A Misty Night- C
    A Skill associated with the Servant's nature as a serial killer rather than an assassin. Permits an uncontested first strike against targets when certain conditions are fulfilled reflecting the nature of the murders the Servant committed in life. Reflecting Assassin's legend as a "demon" who stalked the woods outside her brother's castle, killing knights by spearing them in the back these conditions are: they are in a forest, the target is a knight and the strike takes place from behind. Failing any of these criteria will allow her first strike to be evaded by a successful Luck check.

Noble Phantasm
    Corbenic Woods Bloody
    The Demon's Den

Type: Reality Marble, Anti-Team

Assassin's Reality Marble. Rumors that whispered of a demon stalking the woods outside her brother's castle reflected through her distorted psyche and sublimated into a Noble Phantasm. Upon invocation Assassin is enveloped in an illusion-like blood mist that emanates outwards to flood her surroundings, cutting herself and the opponent off completely from the outside World. Gradually figures begin to coalesce from the gloom taking form as a dark forest enshrouded in the same red mist. This environment is Corbenic Woods itself, the primeval "hunting-grounds" where she stalked and killed countless prey. Albeit reflecting the murders that took place there the once tranquil forest has warped into a den worthy of a demon.

The bloody miasma is actually Assassin's toxic magical energy materialized in the form of mist. It burns the lungs and induces minor hallucinations that can make it hard to distinguish friend from foe in those who inhale it. This reflects how enterprising heroes who entered the forest to hunt down Assassin would sometimes end up killing each other in confusion, maddened by their inability to find her and the perpetual howls from deeper in the woods. As her victims were all knights these effects are more debilitating if the target swears themselves to a code of chivalry.

Within the forest Assassin fully regresses to the atavism of her inhuman ancestry, maximizing the effects of her The Red Skill. Her sanity is completely destroyed as she becomes nothing more than a beast that stalks the woods, perpetually hungering for blood. She lives up to her title "invisible demon of the forest", allowing her to fully merge with the mist and move through it becoming impossible to be detected. Essentially granting Assassin EX-ranked Presence Concealment albeit it drops to A+ when attacking.

Since I only got one guess I decided to just post this up here. It's occurred to me that my somewhat fast rate of making Servants could be a problem when it comes to giving people time to guess. Dragolord09 floated this Servant idea a while back and I finally got the inspiration to write them up. As usual comments and critiques would be welcome. Thanks for reading y'all!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Blog Entries
    Ooh impressive Royd! I like the NP.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jishara View Post
    Ooh impressive Royd! I like the NP.
    Thanks man!

Blog Entries

Source: underll

Class: Assassin
    Other Classes: N/A
    True Name: Catherine Monvoisin
    Alignment: Neutral Evil
    Place of Origin: France (17th century)

Parameters:

STR: D
    END: C
    AGI: C
    MGI: C
    LCK: B
    NP: C

Height: 180cm
    Weight: 160lbs
    Dislikes: Monarchy, cruel people
    Talent: Creating potions
    Natural Enemy: Marie Antoinette
    Traits: Female, Humanoid, Weak to Enuma Elish
    Armament: La Voisin
    Catalyst: Her portrait, a copy of it

Class Skills:
    Presence Concealment E: She never hid in life and so has almost no ranking in this.

Personal Skills:
    Poisoner Head B: This skill encompasses both her skills with poisoning and her ability to teach them. Passively, any poisons she makes or distributes will be much more effective. Actively, she can transform a human, giving them Poisoner rank D, allowing them to make poisons and be more effective with them, and Spying B, allowing them to carry information back to her. They also become under her control.
    Black Mass C+: This skill is the embodiment of her rituals. This allows her to cast several magic spells through them. Low-ranked rituals only require her power, but higher ranked ones require a suspension of mummy dust, human blood, or assorted other compounds. However, this cost is negligible as long as her Noble Phantasm is still available. However, her very highest ranked feats of magic require a human sacrifice, which she cannot create through her Noble Phantasm.
    Fortune Telling C: A fusion of Human Anatomy Understanding at the same rank and Clairvoyance at a rank above. She used her knowledge of physiology to become a successful fortune teller in her own right.
    Noble Phantasm(s):

The Affair of the Poisons
    La Voisin

Type: Support
    Range: 0m
    Max Targets: 0

This is the sublimation of the aphrodisiacs and poisons that she specialised in. It is embodied in a single floating bottle. At her will, it can fill up with any liquid at all. This includes potions and poisons, but also blood, juice, and any liquid you could possibly ever think of. Of course, if this bottle is destroyed, this noble phantasm becomes sealed.

Lore:
    Catherine Monvoisin was a fortune teller who supported her family by gradually branching out into being a midwife, then an abortion provider, and then a sorcerer, and finally a poisoner and potioneer. She was known for the Affair of the Poisons, when she was commissioned by the Madame de Montespan to murder king Louis XIV. She chose to try to murder him by poisoning a petition to be delivered to him. But that day the king did not take her petitions, so she planned to discuss a new plan after mass on Sunday. But she was arrested before then. She was then tried and executed for witchcraft.

Personality:
    A cold and cruel person, she becomes more peppy for customers. She highly distrusts anyone who claims to be genuinely kind entirely, believing such a thing is impossible. However, if her Master is someone who acknowledges their flaws and their sins, whether or not they wish to repeat them, the two would get along very well, especially if they successfully assassinated someone. Her wish for the Grail would be to gain more customers.

Relationships:
    Marie Antoinette: "Hello. Would you like a reading? No? Oh, why are you so mad? My assassination attempt? Well then, as my apologies here's a cup of tea. Oh? You don't want it? Oh, that's too bad. (I had hoped to serve you this lovely poison.)"
    Abigail Williams: "Meh. You think that will drive me insane? Little girl, I'm already utterly mad."
    Charlotte Corday: "Honestly, I'm impressed. That assassination was difficult, but you succeeded and went out on your own terms."

Poetry: I shall bring them to their pyre,
    From here they shall see the "liar",
    and their truth shall match with my lies,
    then we'll see who survives.
    Last edited by jishara; June 28th, 2022 at 12:23 AM.

Blog Entries
    Interesting way of doing Garlon. I've thought of doing an Assassin by him, but this is a slightly different direction I like a lot.
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jishara View Post
    Catherine Monvoisin

Source: underll

Class: Assassin
    Other Classes: N/A
    True Name: Catherine Monvoisin
    Alignment: Neutral Evil
    Place of Origin: France (17th century)

Parameters:

STR: D
    END: C
    AGI: C
    MGI: C
    LCK: B
    NP: C

Height: 180cm
    Weight: 160lbs
    Dislikes: Monarchy, cruel people
    Talent: Creating potions
    Natural Enemy: Marie Antoinette
    Traits: Female, Humanoid, Weak to Enuma Elish
    Armament: La Voisin
    Catalyst: Her portrait, a copy of it

Class Skills:
    Presence Concealment E: She never hid in life and so has almost no ranking in this.

Personal Skills:
    Poisoner Head B: This skill encompasses both her skills with poisoning and her ability to teach them. Passively, any poisons she makes or distributes will be much more effective. Actively, she can transform a human, giving them Poisoner rank D, allowing them to make poisons and be more effective with them, and Spying B, allowing them to carry information back to her. They also become under her control.
    Black Mass C+: This skill is the embodiment of her rituals. This allows her to cast several magic spells through them. Low-ranked rituals only require her power, but higher ranked ones require a suspension of mummy dust, human blood, or assorted other compounds. However, this cost is negligible as long as her Noble Phantasm is still available. However, her very highest ranked feats of magic require a human sacrifice, which she cannot create through her Noble Phantasm.
    Fortune Telling C: A fusion of Human Anatomy Understanding at the same rank and Clairvoyance at a rank above. She used her knowledge of physiology to become a successful fortune teller in her own right.
    Noble Phantasm(s):

The Affair of the Poisons
    La Voisin

Type: Support
    Range: 0m
    Max Targets: 0

This is the sublimation of the aphrodisiacs and poisons that she specialised in. It is embodied in a single floating bottle. At her will, it can fill up with any liquid at all. This includes potions and poisons, but also blood, juice, and any liquid you could possibly ever think of. Of course, if this bottle is destroyed, this noble phantasm becomes sealed.

Lore:
    Catherine Monvoisin was a fortune teller who supported her family by gradually branching out into being a midwife, then an abortion provider, and then a sorcerer, and finally a poisoner and potioneer. She was known for the Affair of the Poisons, when she was commissioned by the Madame de Montespan to murder king Louis XIV. She chose to try to murder him by poisoning a petition to be delivered to him. But that day the king did not take her petitions, so she planned to discuss a new plan after mass on Sunday. But she was arrested before then. She was then tried and executed for witchcraft.

Personality:
    A cold and cruel person, she becomes more peppy for customers. She highly distrusts anyone who claims to be genuinely kind entirely, believing such a thing is impossible. However, if her Master is someone who acknowledges their flaws and their sins, whether or not they wish to repeat them, the two would get along very well, especially if they successfully assassinated someone. Her wish for the Grail would be to gain more customers.

Relationships:
    Marie Antoinette: "Hello. Would you like a reading? No? Oh, why are you so mad? My assassination attempt? Well then, as my apologies here's a cup of tea. Oh? You don't want it? Oh, that's too bad. (I had hoped to serve you this lovely poison.)"
    Abigail Williams: "Meh. You think that will drive me insane? Little girl, I'm already utterly mad."
    Charlotte Corday: "Honestly, I'm impressed. That assassination was difficult, but you succeeded and went out on your own terms."
    Great Servant!!!! Although the low Presence Concealment Skill would make her a risky choice of an Assassin in a Holy Grail War (although removing others ability to access an Assassin might make up for the loss in spawn kill potential).
    Soil Nourishing Wood
    Ash Enriching Earth

Blog Entries
    hi, thanks so much yeah, she would be a bit risky, though she would often instead used controlled humans that she gets through Poisoner Head.

I can't believe it's not Rider! DesReploid's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    《 ~~ ★ ~~ ✈ ~~ ★ ~~ 》

"I believe that if you think about disaster, you will get it. Brood about death and you will hasten your demise.
    Think positively and masterfully with confidence and faith, and life becomes more secure,
    more fraught with action, richer in achievement and experience.
    This is the sure way to win victories over inner defeat. It is the way a humble person meets life or death."

"Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible."

《 ~~ ★ ~~ ✈ ~~ ★ ~~ 》

A R C H E R
    Of Blue Skies

《- Max Immelmann -》

Class Archer
    True Name Max Immelmann
    Alias Der Adler von Lille (engl.: The Eagle of Lille)
    Alternate Classes Rider, Gunner, Watcher
    Origin WW1, Germany
    Alignment Neutral Good
    Armaments WW1-era pistol
    Fokker Eindecker (Fokker E.1)
    Catalyst A piece of his plane,
    A "Pour le Mérite" or a replica of it.
    Attribute Human
    Height/Weight 177 cm, 82 kg

STR END AGI
    D D C
    MAN LCK NP
    E C C

"Ah! A good day to you. You must be my Master, yes?"

"Very well. My name is Max, and I am a Servant of the Archer Class and I am very happy to be in your service. I hope that this will be the beginning to what will be, at the least, a good working relationship."

《 ~~ ✈ ~~ Class Skills ~~ ✈ ~~ 》《 ~~ ✈ ~~ Class Skills ~~ ✈ ~~ 》
    Independant Action D+++
    Archer’s particular Independent Action is an odd one as it seems almost entirely dormant normally. The ‘+++’ is assigned because once Archer is traversing the sky, his Independent Action begins to kick into overdrive becoming strong enough to outclass an Independent Action of Rank A and even self-replenishing some mana for Archer.

"It is well expected, but no less disappointing that I do not particularly excel in this area. I am a soldier, I would like to think I was a good one as well. Sadly, being a soldier means that I am at my best when I follow orders and that leaves very few independent actions being taken by me. Pardon the pun."
    Riding B
    Denotes the ability of a Servant to ride mounts, typically the chief skill of Rider Class Servants. Mechanically, it causes the parameters of mounts, living or not, that Archer uses to be increased while he uses them and also gives him the required knowledge to operate them to a proficient level.

Archer was one of the first greats in the field of aerial combat and developed manoeuvres that are still known to this very day, warranting the relatively high ranking.

"I am very glad that the Grail still recognises my capability, even though I was not summoned as a Rider. I spent a lot of time training and perfecting my craft, so it would have been a shame to know my effort had been in vain. But, my effort is rewarded in the end."

《 ~~ ✈ ~~ Personal Skills ~~ ✈ ~~ 》《 ~~ ✈ ~~ Personal Skills ~~ ✈ ~~ 》
    Charisma of the Aerial Ace B
    A particular kind of Charisma given to pilots, particularly those of the first World War, for their ability to inspire entire armies simply by passing overhead in their planes and even earning admiration from the enemies for their fighting prowess. Simply seeing Archer in his plane is enough to inspire his allies into fighting on.

Archer was one of the most well-known Aces of the first world war and was one of the first German fighter pilots in general. He shares the honour of being the first combat ace with his peer Oswald Boelcke and was well respected enough by his enemies that, when he fell behind their lines, they gave him a funeral with all the honours they could and, once possible, retrieved his remains to be returned to Germany. His death shook both his allies and his enemies, to the point that Boelcke was not allowed to fly for a long time afterwards, for fear of demoralising the entire German army with a second death.

"It is, oddly, very humbling and gratifying to hear that my death made waves that reached this far. What can a man wish for more than to be mourned and missed after he is gone, after all? I work tirelessly to be remembered as a great pilot, and knowing that I succeeded is very rewarding in its own, admittedly somewhat twisted, way."
    Honour of the Sky Knights C
    A skill granted to those who truly embodied the modern chivalry of early combat aces and a mark of a true honourable knight. It unites some of the key values held by those early combat aces and grants access to low ranking versions of the Instincts, Tactics and Valour skills.

Immelmann was one of the first of the new group of knights of the sky and was very well respected for all the work he invested into driving forward the progress in this field. He took his position as a new-age knight in stride and did his best to honour the expectations this put on him, granting him this skill.

"This is a bit much isn’t it? I assure you, Master, I am no knight in shining armour. I am merely a soldier doing his duty. Part of my duty was to keep my brother’s spirits up. I saw and heard them cheer when they saw me and my aerial brethren. I knew they leaned on us somewhat, so if I could keep their spirits up this way, I felt it was my duty to work towards keeping their spirits as high as I could."
    Mind's Eye (True) C
    A sort of sixth sense or particularly strong intuition that can keep the user from harm and help them predict their opponent’s actions and change their own strategy accordingly. This skill in particular can only be obtained through extensive training and is refined by experience.

Unlike a particular contemporary of his, Archer had no particular talent in his field and wasn’t naturally gifted in the pilot’s seat. Instead, he obtained all of his skills through incredibly hard work. Many who knew Archer often commended him on his insistence on maintaining rigorous physical exercise and he tried his best to keep his own mind as sharp as possible at all times.

"For this, however, I will take some credit. I did work very hard indeed to keep up with some of my more gifted peers. I believe that one should always take pride in their own hard work, regardless of what it is exactly that one is working on. Taking some small pride in one’s own work goes a long way in ensuring one keeps a healthy mind. On that note, I do hope that you have been taking a step back to be proud of your own work from time to time, Master."
    Proof of Friendship D
    A skill that allows a Servant to suppress another’s fighting spirit, to a certain point at which conversation can begin, giving a Servant advantages for constructing alliances.

Archer was widely known as an incredibly polite, courteous individual and all-out gentleman. Not only for this but also for his immense skill and discipline he was a highly respected man. So much so that when he shot pilots down, he would land nearby and pull the pilot from the wreckage - In some instances that enemy pilot was armed, while Archer was not - and escorted them behind his lines without further fighting.

"I remember in particular the story of one Lieutenant William Reid, a splendid pilot, whom I had managed to shoot down from the skies. I landed nearby to see whether he was still alive and when I found he was, I freed him from what was left of his plane, administered first aid and shook hands with him before bringing him back to my lines. He was rather badly wounded, but he was also armed. The exchange could easily have ended with me being shot. I appealed to him to hand me his gun so that I could escort him and he could be treated properly. Well, he did not hand me his weapon, but he did throw it aside and came along with me."

《 ~~ ✈ ~~ Noble Phantasm ~~ ✈ ~~ 》《 ~~ ✈ ~~ Noble Phantasm ~~ ✈ ~~ 》
    Twist and turn, cut through the sky
    Immelmann Turn

Anti-Unit | E

The Immelmann Turn is a manoeuvre named after and supposedly thought up and employed in battle by Archer. An ascending half-loop followed by a half-roll, resulting in level flight in the opposite direction at a higher altitude, which, in historical context, was most likely used after a diving attack to regain altitude. As a Noble Phantasm, it allows Archer to force any projectile he fires, or mount that he controls to complete the motion of an Immelmann Turn.

"In theory, if I rode an elephant, I could force the World to make the elephant do an Immelmann Turn. But I don’t think that this would be in any way beneficial, for the elephant or me"

Though he can use it while piloting a plane, similar to how he used to use it in real life. Now he much prefers to use it on projectiles fired by him, using this Skill essentially allows his projectiles to do U-turns and catch opponents off guard, in theory, he can use this Skill on a singular projectile as often as he like, though, since doing an Immelmann also means gaining altitude, the projectile would eventually be too high to hit its intended target.

Due to its rather weak nature, activating it, Archer does not have to call the Noble Phantasm's true name allowing him to safely use it as a reliable weapon. It is very likely that, if Archer is summoned in any other class but Archer the lacking strength of this Noble Phantasm would prevent it from manifesting as one causing it to instead be sublimated into a Skill.

"An odd bit of history, to have a particular flying manoeuvre named after me. Especially since it is not all that impressive, honestly. Regardless, it is a valuable asset to have on my side which I shall use at every opportunity."
    Pour le Mérite
    Blauer Max
    Blue Max

Anti-Unti (Self) | Rank C

The Pour le Mérite was one of the most highly regarded orders of merit one could receive in Prussia. Archer and Oswald Boelcke were the first Aces to be awarded this honour and thanks to Archer’s country-wide fame, it was eventually nicknamed “Blauer Max” in his honour.

Through this Noble Phantasm Archer gains the ability to converse with other recipients of the Pour le Mérite. They manifest as voices in his head, usually only when Archer calls on them, but may also speak with him on their own accord should they, for some reason, will themselves into speaking to him. This aspect of the Noble Phantasm is passive and to speak with another recipient of the award Archer needs no more than to say their name with the intention of speaking with them. Though Archer can use this to gain counsel from many other heroes, he also often uses it to have conversations with old friends when he feels lonely.

When the True Name of this Noble Phantasm is recited alongside the name of another recipient the knowledge and abilities of that particular recipient are briefly accessible to Archer. During this time, their voice will also manifest in his head and, if Archer allows them to, they can very briefly possess his body as well.

"I was very much against others naming one of the highest honours to be given after me. But, you know how these things go, when you tell others to stop with things like these, it only causes them to keep going and so I find myself forever immortalised as the namesake for an alias of the Pour le Mérite. Although I do have to admit, there are much worse ways to be immortalised, honestly. It is occasionally a bit odd to have this Noble Phantasm, have a conversation with a recipient and then later meet them walking around here. Especially because they cannot remember any of the conversations we hold through this."
    Bond 5:

Standing shoulder to shoulder, united in pride
    Blauer Max
    Blue Max

Anti-Unti (Self) | Rank C+

When making the abilities of another accessible to himself through this Noble Phantasm, Archer’s memories become slightly blurred with the memories of another Spirit. Causing him to occasionally misremember information about himself, or inexplicably know of another Servant's history without actually having met them in life.

While the Noble Phantasm is in use Archer can also gain access to a lesser version of that Spirit’s Noble Phantasm, should they possess one. However, using another spirit’s Noble Phantasm through this one is likely to consume so much mana that the effects of this Noble Phantasm immediately end.

《 ~~ ✈ ~~ Background ~~ ✈ ~~ 》《 ~~ ✈ ~~ Background ~~ ✈ ~~ 》
    Max Immelmann was a publicly known fighter pilot who was the first aviator to be awarded the prestigious Order Pour-le-Mérite for his successes in aerial combat. He received a variety of orders and decorations for his bravery, including the Iron Cross First Class, the Iron Cross Second Class, and the Knight's Cross with Swords of the House of Hohenzollern.

Max Immelmann was born in Dresden on 21 September 1890. From 1905 to 1911 he received training in the cadet corps in Dresden and then decided to study engineering at the technical college in Dresden, which he completed between 1912 and 1914. With the start of the First World War, he enlisted in the Army Air Forces.

His first experiences as a pilot were anything but glamorous. He was deployed as a reconnaissance pilot near Lille in France. Within a short time, however, Immelmann earned a reputation as an effective fighter pilot. As a result, the "Eagle of Lille", as German newspapers called him, was promoted to lieutenant in September 1915. He developed the air combat manoeuvre named after him - the "Immelmann" - consisting of a simultaneous executed roll and sweep that allowed the pilot to quickly change direction and thus get behind the enemy. It became a standard air combat manoeuvre that is still practised today.

After his eighth aerial victory in January 1916, he received the Order Pour-le-Mérite. In May of the same year, he became commander of the "Combat Single-Seater Command 3" (Kampf-Einsitzer-Kommando 3 (KEK)). He was shot down in aerial combat over Sallaumines in northern France on 18 June 1916. During the war, Immelmann wrote a large number of letters to his mother, which were then published for propaganda reasons in the autobiography "Meine Kampfflüge".

《 ~~ ✈ ~~ Description ~~ ✈ ~~ 》《 ~~ ✈ ~~ Description ~~ ✈ ~~ 》
    "Well, obviously, I enjoy flying. I hadn’t chosen to do it if I didn’t like it. Something else I like, oddly, seems to be to work. Especially if I can work hard to get or learn something. Putting effort into something and finally seeing your results is something, I think, rather magical. Sometimes finding the motivation is hard, yes, but the result is usually worth it in the end. If you ever find yourself needing someone to motivate you, I’d be happy to help out Master."

Dislikes
    "I very much dislike people without discipline. I’m actually rather fast to cast judgement on this matter. If someone interrupts others while they speak, doesn’t treat people that are their senior with respect or holds the door for a lady, I will most likely have a hard time getting along with them. To me, these are the most basic things one must learn as a child to function during adulthood, they are the bare minimum I expect of a person."

Wish for the Grail
    "Well, there are so many grandiose things to wish for aren’t there? I am sure you have met many soldiers who, without much hesitation, answered that they would wish for world peace. Surely many have also wished for things such as the end of starvation, creating enough resources for everyone and so on and so forth. But, while I try my best to be an optimist, I am also a pragmatic and I hardly believe that such a wish could be granted. Instead, I’d wish that people would naturally treat each other with a little more respect and kindness. Not everyone can be friends with everyone, that’s impossible. But, everyone can treat everyone else with common decency and respect. It at least seems a little more reasonable. I think that would also go a long way in solving problems like war, no?"
    Bond 5

"I actually quite like teaching others. Had I not gone to the military, I would most likely have pursued a career in that direction. In a way, my appearance as a Heroic Spirit is some odd kind of wish fulfilment. There are other Servants here, much older than me, who are very curious about our more modern times and modern sciences, and it is always a delight to converse with them and teach them not only what I know, but also all that the others with whom I correspond know."

Dislikes
    "I have a rather selfish fear, one I would most often rather not admit. In life, I was very afraid that I would be forgotten, that I would become another soldier who was so disfigured in death that he could not be identified anymore. I realise that the fear of being forgotten is a common one, but that makes it no less arrogant to me. Although, I suppose there is little more immortalisation to be achieved than being placed on the Throne of Heroes."

Wish for the Grail
    "If I only had to use a wish for myself? Well… I don’t really know. I suppose reincarnation would be nice. There are a lot of things I’d still like to do and see and learn but given the way my existence works if I disappear as a Servant and am summoned again all those experiences and memories won’t be there. I suppose I’d just wish not to be forgotten as well. It’s nice to know I at least left a little footnote in the annals of history, that is something to be proud of too."

《 ~~ ✈ ~~ Relationships ~~ ✈ ~~ 》《 ~~ ✈ ~~ Relationships ~~ ✈ ~~ 》
    Relationship with his Master
    "My relationship with you? Why, aren’t you a better judge of this than I am? But, if you want my honest opinion then I feel I should answer you honestly. You are, above all, my superior, the person in charge. You are my commanding officer and your command is my law. I am also happy to help you with anything not pertaining to my regular duties as a Servant, I am a rather good trainer and thanks to my Noble Phantasm, I’d imagine I would make quite the good teacher. Beyond that, why, I believe we can make quite good friends, no?"
    Servants with the Mad Enhancement Skill
    "What a shame this is... Great heroes and heroines, so many of them. They should be regarded with the utmost respect and held with the highest esteem and yet the Grail deranges them so. I can only be happy that not all of them are as affected by their madness as others, but it is a shame none the less."
    Any Servant that received the Pour le Mérite
    "Conversing with them here truly is the strangest feeling imaginable. I can have conversations with, say, Oswald Boelcke in my head and then I go to speak with the Oswald you summoned and he remembers none of it. It’s almost as though they are two separate beings. I do enjoy their company a lot. Not everyone who got the Pour le Mérite was a soldier. Some were philosophers and scientists, so hearing them has taught me many things. It’s almost as though I carry a miniature school in my own head. Strangely perhaps, I find it rather pleasant. Comforting, even, I’m never really alone after all."
    Manfred von Richthofen, the Red Baron
    "To be quite frank. I very much dislike his… intense… demeanour. Having said that his skills and legend are unparalleled, of that there is no question! He is possibly the most splendid pilot that there will ever be and, despite my dislike for him, I must admit that he has certainly earned it."
    Oswald Boelcke
    "Oswald is an old and a rather good friend of mine. Flying came quite naturally to him. He is a bit cocky, vain and arrogant at the worst of times, but he is otherwise certainly a very pleasant soul to be around. I wish he would spend some more time training rather than resting on his natural abilities. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have some catching up to do with the man in question."
    Werner Voß
    "What a reckless idiot… I say this with the most fondness I can. I do enjoy his company, he can just be a lot sometimes. He’s a child at heart, really. If only he wasn’t so hell-bent on having his own heroic last stand, he could’ve done many more great things in his time. He somewhat idolises me, both this one and the version of him I speak to through my Noble Phantasm. Says I’m like a perfect knight of the sky. If he ever gets too much to handle, don’t hesitate to call for help. I’ve gotten pretty good at dealing with him."
    Nachthexen
    "Dear, oh dear. This one is quite a handful, isn’t she? Very boisterous, very jumpy. She and Werner would probably get along great… or they’d hate each other.'s guts Should my pride be a little hurt at her being so set on competing with von Richthofen and ignoring the rest of us? Most likely, but being upset about these things really is Werner’s job. I was never much of a fan of decorating planes, but I do like what she has done with hers. Perhaps I can talk her into giving mine a similar makeover?"

Author's Note
    On today's episode of "I can't believe it's not Rider": Oswald Boelcke Alter, I mean Max Immelmann.

Back to doing what I, hopefully, do best.

He was actually a little more difficult to make than the others. Typically these pilots all have a defining moment or work to make into their Noble Phantasm. Voß had his last battle, Boelcke the Dicta Boelcke, von Richthofen has loads of things to turn into Phantasms. Meanwhile, Immelmann was more defined by a lot of small achievements that make up a much larger legend. I went back and forth on making Immelmann Turn a Noble Phantasm or skill, probably a dozen times and ultimately decided it with a coin toss. I do think his second Noble Phantasm fits nicely.

Three pilots down, two more to go.

Last edited by DesReploid; April 30th, 2022 at 11:13 AM.
    《 ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ 》

My Servant Compendium

《 ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ 》