Page 420 of 620 FirstFirst ... 320370410415418419420421422425430470520 ... LastLast
Results 8,381 to 8,400 of 12385

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    Ruler: thats a good one albeit i didnt get most of the intricacies there.
    soz

Maria will be less philosophically complex than this, I swear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Justo: Good sheet but I don't get why he has Magic Resistance twice, and at different ranks.
    LMAO fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    I love Amakusa but I'm really interested on your rant on him, Random.
    TW: Christianity
    Firstly, because Amakusa and the way he's introduced in the story erases the actual contributions of the people who lived, believed, and died during the earlier half of Japan's Christian century (such as Paul Miki, an actual Catholic saint, the twenty-six martyrs of Japan, a Church-recognized group which the aforementioned Paul Miki is part of, and ya boi Justo Takayama) in favor of a brain-dead Makai Tensho reference (which favors Japanese audiences over readers overseas, but is no less a vegetal choice because of it). Again, as I said the last time this was brought up (cf. here), I would've dealt better with Amakusa being in the story because of the Einzberns not knowing their Japanese history, or even just the Einzbern fuck-up gene, but the way Higashide set the stage for his appearance is inexcusable.

Secondly, Amakusa, not content with taking a steaming hot dump on his fellow Japanese, brings down the IQ of the only other saint in the story, ie., Jeanne. For the record, I do enjoy the conceptual parallels between Jeanne and Shirou, and I do think the latter's goal of making everyone immortal is a convincing motivation for one of his stature. The fact that this plan causes Jeanne, AKA little miss "I will relieve you of either your heresy or your life", to fall into a moral crisis is what shatters everything for me. As I noted in Dom Justo's interaction, within the Christian theological framework only God is the source of eternal life, and even then it must be freely chosen in order to be attained; to bestow immortality upon all humanity without reference to their free will is to play God, and smacks of hubris of the highest order. For Jeanne to not recognize this plan as the violation of the first Commandment it is, and for her to not want to immediately charge into the Hanging Gardens and punch Amakusa's blasphemous teeth in, is to piss on the character of the historical Joan of Arc (which Ruler Jeanne claims to be a part of). That said, I am willing to concede this point to the writers' inability to write solutions to their characters' dilemmas that do not somehow fall within the purview of the Nasuverse's foundational Pelagianism, AKA the "humanity saikou" mindset.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That ended up being more of a Jeanne rant lol
    Thanks for your insight anyway

I still stand with the Jeg Ser skill. Instead of Class Skill I actually see them as passive skill. I am from the FGO generation after all.
    Not every passive should be a Class Skill Divinity is a fucking personal skill aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa fgooooooo

Aphoom has not much going on because she barely has anything going on. Its a 70s creation that is just Cthuga x Ithaqua. And I usually avoid recent outer gods so not diving into her more was a bit intentional as well. She was more of a tool for his ideal image to latch onto.
    His personality is like Munch because the comparison is pretty accurate. Creative incel Archetype (not that I can relate, no sir~). That is why his kit is so similar too. If I had a consistent FC for Munch I would go for the meme and create the Munchface archetype lol.
    I think that ends up being a difference in approach to writing though because if I'd decided to out Aphoom in, I'd make it important and just make shit up if I had to.
    The personality stuff is harder because you've already explored Munch in so many different ways, but I'd argue that just doing again with someone else, regardless of accuracy, ends up bringing the quality of the sheet down when compared to the rest of your creations. I realize this was never in question for you so that's why you didn't look for solutions, but I can't help but think that there are dozens of ways to justify someone with a very similar life to Munch getting away from it as a Servant.

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear View Post

TW: Christianity
    Firstly, because Amakusa and the way he's introduced in the story erases the actual contributions of the people who lived, believed, and died during the earlier half of Japan's Christian century (such as Paul Miki, an actual Catholic saint, the twenty-six martyrs of Japan, a Church-recognized group which the aforementioned Paul Miki is part of, and ya boi Justo Takayama) in favor of a brain-dead Makai Tensho reference (which favors Japanese audiences over readers overseas, but is no less a vegetal choice because of it). Again, as I said the last time this was brought up (cf. here), I would've dealt better with Amakusa being in the story because of the Einzberns not knowing their Japanese history, or even just the Einzbern fuck-up gene, but the way Higashide set the stage for his appearance is inexcusable.

Secondly, Amakusa, not content with taking a steaming hot dump on his fellow Japanese, brings down the IQ of the only other saint in the story, ie., Jeanne. For the record, I do enjoy the conceptual parallels between Jeanne and Shirou, and I do think the latter's goal of making everyone immortal is a convincing motivation for one of his stature. The fact that this plan causes Jeanne, AKA little miss "I will relieve you of either your heresy or your life", to fall into a moral crisis is what shatters everything for me. As I noted in Dom Justo's interaction, within the Christian theological framework only God is the source of eternal life, and even then it must be freely chosen in order to be attained; to bestow immortality upon all humanity without reference to their free will is to play God, and smacks of hubris of the highest order. For Jeanne to not recognize this plan as the violation of the first Commandment it is, and for her to not want to immediately charge into the Hanging Gardens and punch Amakusa's blasphemous teeth in, is to piss on the character of the historical Joan of Arc (which Ruler Jeanne claims to be a part of). That said, I am willing to concede this point to the writers' inability to write solutions to their characters' dilemmas that do not somehow fall within the purview of the Nasuverse's foundational Pelagianism, AKA the "humanity saikou" mindset.
    Having done some research on Amakusa himself, the guy is bascially I think one of the more egregious cases of typemoon hamming a guy up like ever. The guy's wikipedia page is bascially virtually nothing and reads like "dude launched rebellion" it failed, he died, the end. Not to mention that if you wanted to claim there are no saints or saintlike figures from Japan (as Apocrypha does) that's bascially BS. Even ignoring I'm pretty sure that while not actual saints there probably are a few figures who could be argued to have saintly qualities in Japanese history, there also are a few people who could serve as bascially replacements for Amakusa in terms of "summoning saints from the Far East". Saint Francis Xavier while not Japanese, did indeed go there alongside other Asain countries to spread Christianity and is literally called "Apostle of the Indies" and "Apostle of Japan". Beyond that Saint Thomas / Thomas the Apostle also supposedly went both to China and Japan to spread Chritianity and so he would also probably work for saintlike figures in the Far East.

Olyndius would have been a more interesting Ruler as he was at least noted to "behave similar to a prophet and got some silver spear supposedly from heaven/the gods". Maybe you could do something interesteing in that Olyndicus was ordered to fight Rome by heaven, and now as the "evil" ruler servant wants to use the grail to rewrite histroy so he won thus destroying rome and ending it's influence on modern human history (seeing it as the reason he was summoned and that even after death his orders stand). This would be contrasted by Jeanne who wants to protect the present beliving that after her death her role as saint ended, and now she is just another servant of god, and thinking Olyndicus methods are too far and too destructive, or a poor interpretation of his orders. Thus his loyalty to the cause drives him to commit evil to sevre heaven while her morals drive her to stop him from doing so. Would be an interesting take on the duality of faith and the idea of religous extremism (and possibly reflect the commenatry between the church and the holy church in typemoon).

Even then I've never jived with the whole "ruler's have to be christan saints" thing, seems pretty blatantly biased to me. I think I had an apocrypha story where the ruler was someone from Christianity, but wasn't a saint, namely Jonah, and even then I think the restriction of just having them be a ruler or someone reputed to be just, fair, or unbiased would be enough. If they're meant to be judges just having moral character and neutrality should be enough to qualify.

As for the Amakusa dumping on Jeanne, it's the Apocrypha writers, they already dump on Jeanne (and a Sparatacus for that matter by making him just a dumb brute) enough by making her, someone famed as a virgin, a wifu to what has to be the most dull and generic block of wood character Typemoon has ever featured, Sieg.

I would like it if there relationship was Seig pining after Jeanne, but her only seeing him as someone to lead, protect or save spoiler herethus her seeking him out in the reverse side to save him, but the whole angle of making her want a relationship with him bascially is kinda a slap in the face to her image, myth, and character (as well as the multiple epic moments she had in the season). However, in execution it's just the same junk Typemoon always does "if there is a main heroine or female they must be shipped with someone". Waver Velvet/Lord El Melloi II and Shirou is more egregious with this in terms of how often it happens, but Jeanne will always stick out as "must you make it so that every female character like ever (incluing Artemis and other characters in a committed relationship Orion or others) have to fall in love or want a relationship with someone". It's pretty demeaning and sexist to be blunt (although that's a crticism that could be launched towards Japan in general), and it's pretty sad that aside from chunnitoria/Gray, I can't think of a single female main/major heroine who hasn't been shipped or shown to want a relationship.
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; May 4th, 2022 at 10:24 PM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed by Fortuna View Post
    I would like it if there relationship was Seig pining after Jeanne, but her only seeing him as someone to lead, protect or save spoiler herethus her seeking him out in the reverse side to save him, but the whole angle of making her want a relationship with him bascially is kinda a slap in the face to her image, myth, and character (as well as the multiple epic moments she had in the season). However, in execution it's just the same junk Typemoon always does "if there is a main heroine or female they must be shipped with someone". Waver Velvet/Lord El Melloi II and Shirou is more egregious with this in terms of how often it happens, but Jeanne will always stick out as "must you make it so that every female character like ever (incluing Artemis and other characters in a committed relationship Orion or others) have to fall in love or want a relationship with someone". It's pretty demeaning and sexist to be blunt (although that's a crticism that could be launched towards Japan in general), and it's pretty sad that aside from chunnitoria/Gray, I can't think of a single female main/major heroine who hasn't been shipped or shown to want a relationship.
    Was Mordred ever shipped with anyone? Her relationship with Kairi was more father/daughter IMO. I also find it funny that you criticize Amakusa for being a too obscure Ruler but suggest Olyndicus instead who if anything is more obscure. And Amakusa is probably much more obscure in the West than Japan. Wouldn't be surprised if his Japanese wiki entry was longer.

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Was Mordred ever shipped with anyone? Her relationship with Kairi was more father/daughter IMO.
    Not sure, I think you could maybe joke she's shipped with her "father" Artoria, but that probably is just her being a fanboy. Possibly the FGO master, but I'd need to check on that one. I suppose I should also throw the Fate Requim characters as folks who haven't definitely been shipped (although that manga is still early and based on the radio silence and delays, I wonder if it still is even alive).

My main gripe is just that it's so prevasive and sometimes pretty creepy (Lord El Melloi II being obsessed over by his students despite like being a decade older than most of them and the power dynamics of that kind of a relationship) and Primsa Illya whose characters I'm fairly sure are mostly minors.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed by Fortuna View Post
    Not sure, I think you could maybe joke she's shipped with her "father" Artoria, but that probably is just her being a fanboy. Possibly the FGO master, but I'd need to check on that one. I suppose I should also throw the Fate Requim characters as folks who haven't definitely been shipped (although that manga is still early and based on the radio silence and delays, I wonder if it still is even alive).

My main gripe is just that it's so prevasive and sometimes pretty creepy (Lord El Melloi II being obsessed over by his students despite like being a decade older than most of them and the power dynamics of that kind of a relationship) and Primsa Illya whose characters I'm fairly sure are mostly minors.
    I mean, I totally would ship her with Arturia, but we're talking official material here and not fanfiction. For Waver, I haven't seen the novels or anime but students crushing over a hot teacher seems fairly normal and as long as he doesn't actually try to enter a relationship with any of them I wouldn't call that problematic.

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I do think Amakusa is the most famous Kurishtan for the japanese tho, at least on a pop culture level.
    Not counting Makai Tensho, you still have stuff like Rurouni Kenshin and Samurai Shodown either putting him in it or just someone very heavily based on him, putting him over the other christian figures of japan, at least fame-wise, so I can see him being summoned before like Konishi, Gracia, Maria and whatnot. He is also a central figure of whatever he does, unlike say Konishi who is really more of a ""secondary"" character to the Sekigahara conflict

- - - Updated - - -

There's also the most important reason why Amakusa was picked over the others: his name is Shirou.

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Disclaimer: My most dangerous Servant yet.
    Even you, the reader, are not safe from him.

< - ⪻ - ⋘ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- 🕀 -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⋙ - ⪼ - >< - ⪻ - ⋘ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- 🕀 -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⋙ - ⪼ - >

G R A N D A S S A S S I N
    The Omnipresent Threat
    = Him =
    ──

Class
    Grand Assassin
    Alternative Classes
    Watcher
    True Name
    Him
    Aliases
    The Phenomenon, The Rigid Vortex
    Origin
    Historical Fact and Legends
    Height/Weight
    178cm/70kg
    Alignment
    True Evil
    Attribute
    Human

STR END AGI MAN LCK
    C EX EX C A

Dislikes
    -
    Talent
    -
    Natural Enemy
    Nacton H. Ashling
    Armament
    -
    Catalyst
    his Noble Phantasm

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Class Skills -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >Class Skills

Presence Concealment EX
    Grand Assassin can become, no, he is part of the world already. He could be anywhere and you would not know it until he hits you. But then it would be too late. He can not only fade into the world of Gaia but also Alaya. Downside is he has to stay shrouded in darkness and remain silent. One glimpse of him may reveal his True Name and lower the rank of this skill tremendously.
    Is it truly them or what their legend has become on its own?

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Personal Skills -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >Personal Skills

Battle Continuation A
    He will never stop. He will always come back. His most famous feat is returning and returning, over and over without ever leaving. Over a decade and perhaps for more decades to come. No one can stop him.

Devotion B
    Grand Assassin is a man of commitment. Perhaps that is why he carved his legend into the throne. If you are lucky enough to summon this titan as your Servant, you fill find someone that will dedicate everything he has to you and swears to make you happy. For that is who Grand Assassin is.

Golden Tone (???) B
    One of the reasons he has to stay silent until the time is right. An undefined emotion overcomes anyone who listens to him. Chaldea can only guess but it appears that it depends on the generation of the listener or perhaps simple awareness. But the moment anyone even hears a word of Grand Assassin, they know who it is.
    And they know it is too late.

"Oh no that can not be! It can not be him!" says the startled Da Vinci while frantically hitting the keyboard.
    "Noble Phantasm activation confirmed. It can not be stopped, it is already on its way!" shouts Meuniere while jumping out of his seat.
    "Master, I do not understand what is going on!"
    "Mash…then perhaps you can be spared. You lived as a recluse, you never encountered this phenomenon." the Master says with a slight look of defeat while staring at the unveiled Grand Assassin in the distance.
    "I will activate my Noble Phantasm to protect us! MOLD CAM-"
    Holmes puts his hands on her shoulder. "Mash-san, please do not bother. It is too late. We are defeated. Anyone in the vicinity is. When a Grand Servant appears, one has to expect casualties. This time…it is us." The look on Holmes' face is unlike anything she has ever seen from him. "For the greater good...I think."
    "Mash…would you take my hand?"
    "Master…yes."

Still confused, she takes his hand and he squeezes it tightly. Then Chaldea stares into what is about to come.

Warning: Are you sure you wish to proceed?
    The True Name of Grand Assassin will be revealed to you but you are not safe from his effects.
    Proceed with caution.

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Noble Phantasm -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >Noble Phantasm

The Rick Roll
    Cursed Link, One Blink, Blessed Step, Neverending Trap

We're no strangers to love
    You know the rules and so do I (do I)
    A full commitment's what I'm thinking of
    You wouldn't get this from any other guy
    I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
    Gotta make you understand

Never gonna give you up
    Never gonna let you down
    Never gonna run around and desert you
    Never gonna make you cry
    Never gonna say goodbye
    Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Lore and Background -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Quotes and Relationships -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Craft Essence -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Notes -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >Notes:
    Gottem.
    Worst sheet ever?
    Yes.
    I will now await your death threats.

Tell me if you expected it.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Spoiler:
    I want to give you up, let you down, tell a lie, and hurt you.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Blog Entries
    Wow, this was a funny sheet. Great job DelRey!

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Alright, I commented on one sheet yesterday because it was everything I could read back then.
    BUT NEW DAY, NEW ME. I'll try to leave some small (but full of love) comments for some other sheets too.

Frederick V: I saw this one on the GaS thread and was so thrilled to finally meet the figure! And you know what... Let it go indeed. Simple, and yet so complex. Sweet and full of charisma - it's indeed the quintessential RoydGolden's sheet. I always love what you do with these people's NPs, they're always so creative. I could never! And I like the idea of a skill that just signifies you were a good gardener one day. Very Stardew Valley of him. I love this man.

Timothy Merrick:
    I can only imagine his face when Master chooses Snakes of a Plane for the next movie friday.
    He's very simple both in concept and in execution, but it's sometimes these unassuming ones that poses the most danger.

Judas Sicarii: CASTER JUDAS LESSGO. Oh, this man and his perfect, very clean, very pristine soul... I like him as much as the Faker one, as expected. And this Kiss of Judas skill still gives me the creeps - talk about throwing someone under the bus, indeed. Even when he doesn't want to be like that (does he even want to stop though? Here's the million question), he just... Does. It would be sad if it wasn't so amusing.

Sigbjørn Obstfelder: I literally had never heard of this man, but if your overfixation for poets and artists taught me is that I should always expect the unexpected in your sheets. Good thing I was expecting that, because this blew me away. This man gives me those Munch vibes, but in a much more... I dunno, is "plain" even the word I'm searching for? Maybe he's just not overly one-track minded for me. But that's only his personality, which is already so amazing: him as a Servant? Wow. I tried to read whatever I could about this man and I feel like only then I could appreciate him fully. I absolutely loved what you did with him.

Catherine of Aragon: Nice. Anne Boleyn takes all the spotlight always, it's good to see any other of that scumbag's poor wives to have SOME recognition. Lovely rendition of her!

Hey Ismail, I swear Imma read your Mpu Gandring asap... And your servant that made Comum react like that as well, Rey. I'm already properly scared of your shitposting capacities though.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

I can't believe it's not Rider! DesReploid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

< - ⪻ - ⋘ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- �� -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⋙ - ⪼ - >< - ⪻ - ⋘ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- �� -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⋙ - ⪼ - >

G R A N D A S S A S S I N
    The Omnipresent Threat
    = Him =
    ──

Class
    Grand Assassin
    Alternative Classes
    Watcher
    True Name
    Him
    Aliases
    The Phenomenon, The Rigid Vortex
    Origin
    Historical Fact and Legends
    Height/Weight
    178cm/70kg
    Alignment
    True Evil
    Attribute
    Human

STR END AGI MAN LCK
    C EX EX C A

Dislikes
    -
    Talent
    -
    Natural Enemy
    Nacton H. Ashling
    Armament
    -
    Catalyst
    his Noble Phantasm

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Class Skills -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >Class Skills

Presence Concealment EX
    Grand Assassin can become, no, he is part of the world already. He could be anywhere and you would not know it until he hits you. But then it would be too late. He can not only fade into the world of Gaia but also Alaya. Downside is he has to stay shrouded in darkness and remain silent. One glimpse of him may reveal his True Name and lower the rank of this skill tremendously.
    Is it truly them or what their legend has become on its own?

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Personal Skills -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >Personal Skills

Battle Continuation A
    He will never stop. He will always come back. His most famous feat is returning and returning, over and over without ever leaving. Over a decade and perhaps for more decades to come. No one can stop him.

Devotion B
    Grand Assassin is a man of commitment. Perhaps that is why he carved his legend into the throne. If you are lucky enough to summon this titan as your Servant, you fill find someone that will dedicate everything he has to you and swears to make you happy. For that is who Grand Assassin is.

Golden Tone (???) B
    One of the reasons he has to stay silent until the time is right. An undefined emotion overcomes anyone who listens to him. Chaldea can only guess but it appears that it depends on the generation of the listener or perhaps simple awareness. But the moment anyone even hears a word of Grand Assassin, they know who it is.
    And they know it is too late.

"Oh no that can not be! It can not be him!" says the startled Da Vinci while frantically hitting the keyboard.
    "Noble Phantasm activation confirmed. It can not be stopped, it is already on its way!" shouts Meuniere while jumping out of his seat.
    "Master, I do not understand what is going on!"
    "Mash…then perhaps you can be spared. You lived as a recluse, you never encountered this phenomenon." the Master says with a slight look of defeat while staring at the unveiled Grand Assassin in the distance.
    "I will activate my Noble Phantasm to protect us! MOLD CAM-"
    Holmes puts his hands on her shoulder. "Mash-san, please do not bother. It is too late. We are defeated. Anyone in the vicinity is. When a Grand Servant appears, one has to expect casualties. This time…it is us." The look on Holmes' face is unlike anything she has ever seen from him. "For the greater good...I think."
    "Mash…would you take my hand?"
    "Master…yes."

Still confused, she takes his hand and he squeezes it tightly. Then Chaldea stares into what is about to come.

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Noble Phantasm -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >Noble Phantasm

The Rick Roll
    Cursed Link, One Blink, Blessed Step, Neverending Trap

We're no strangers to love
    You know the rules and so do I (do I)
    A full commitment's what I'm thinking of
    You wouldn't get this from any other guy
    I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
    Gotta make you understand

Never gonna give you up
    Never gonna let you down
    Never gonna run around and desert you
    Never gonna make you cry
    Never gonna say goodbye
    Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Lore and Background -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Quotes and Relationships -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Craft Essence -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Notes -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >Notes:
    Gottem.
    Worst sheet ever?
    Yes.
    I will now await your death threats.

Tell me if you expected it.
    A very well done sheet, good job.
    Screw you though.
    《 ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ 》

My Servant Compendium

《 ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ 》

Blog Entries
    Lancer of Rosy-Fingered Dawn:

Appearance:

True Name: Memnon

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Alternate Classes: Saber, Rider

Strength- B
    Agility- B+
    Endurance- C
    Mana- B
    Luck- C
    NP- A+

Personality
    Outside of battle Lancer is a relaxed individual who exhibits little of the formality you'd expect from a king. In his free time he enjoys tasting sweet fruit while watching the sunrise from somewhere high up (his palace walls in life). Even when fighting he usually shows a rather lazy demeanor picking off foes since he's confident none can challenge him. However this isn't arrogance but justified confidence born from his overwhelming strength. When Lancer does face an enemy capable enough to rival him his true warrior-spirit blazes out fiercely beneath the shell of a lazy king, grinning eagerly and asking them to push him to his limits.

Lancer has strong ties to his old Ethiopian culture and regrets the fact that much of it was supplanted by Europeanism. His wish on the Holy Grail would be to restore the lost poems extolling his mythology so that more of his people's traditions can be remembered.

Likes: watching the sunrise, his mother, Ethiopia, facing worthy foes
    Dislikes: mopping up smallfry, making girls cry, destruction of culture and tradition
    Talent: conserving effort
    Natural Enemy: Achilles

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance- B
    Confers protection against magical effects. Spells with a chant below three verses are cancelled, proving difficult to affect even by the likes of High Thaumaturgy or Greater Rituals. Though he wasn't described battling sorcery in life, Lancer's status as a great warrior blessed by numerous gods has afforded him a high resistance.

Personal Skills:

Divinity- A
    Qualifies one's aptitude as a Divine Spirit. Son of the Titaness of the dawn Eos, Lancer would normally boast a B-rank worthy of a demigod. His rank has been further inflated due to a later tradition identifying Lancer as the father of the Norse god of thunder Thor.

Familiars (Memnonides)- C
    According to legend, upon Lancer's death the gods collected all the drops of his blood that fell and formed them into a mighty river that ran red on every anniversary of his passing. Furthermore it was said that his former soldiers, overcome by grief over their commander's death, prayed to Zeus to be transformed into birds so they could watch over and guard his tomb for eternity. These combination of these concepts allows Lancer to form large jet-black birds from any of his blood that's spilt on the ground. These familiars can be sent to attack foes or merely scout out the battlefield from afar.

Affection Of The Dawn- B
    Affection is from his mother, the queen of dawn Eos who nursed Lancer at her palace on Oceania and in her tears appealed to Zeus for his resurrection. When fighting in dawn-hours (that is between 4 to 6 AM) Lancer's parameters save Luck and Mana are ranked up, lasting until full sunrise.

Tireless- A+
    Lancer's name means "Resolute" and in his battle with the Greek champion Achilles it was said he fought for an entire day without giving out. Akin to a lesser variant of Battle Continuation this Skill negates any deteriorations to Lancer's stamina even when fighting for hours or against cumulative opponents. The + modifier actually comes from the Volcanic Divine Core inside his armor supplying Lancer with additional magical energy, though he's unable to use its full power without invoking his second Noble Phantasm.

Noble Phantasms
    Ersa Eos
    My Tears, Halt The Merciless Dawn

Type: Anti-Unit/Support

A manifestation of the tears shed by the goddess Eos for Lancer's death that fell from heaven in the form of dew. According to legend her grief was so great that she halted the passage of dawn to give enough time for her to snatch Lancer's body off the battlefield and return him to Ethiopia. As a Noble Phantasm this takes the form of a long and elegant naginata-like spear with three gems set along the flat of the blade. These appear to be forged from highly polished glass, constantly gathering light and refracting it in rosy hues.

They are in truth Eos' crystallized tears of grief that contain the same prayer the goddess made back then, for the sun to halt so her beloved could be delivered safely. Upon reciting this Noble Phantasm's true name Lancer can invoke his mother's prayer to briefly halt time, just long enough to dodge a single attack or unleash a storm of blows compressed into a single instant. Each usage of this miracle shatters one of the gems. When all three are broken Lancer may no more call on the power to halt time.

However Lancer may replenish the depleted stock of this Noble Phantasm by holding it up to the sun during the hours of dawn. This restores the crystals at a rate of one per day and requires five minutes of Lancer continually holding his spear up to the sun uninterrupted.

Colosso Memnon
    Like A Giant He Fought

Type: Support/Anti-Army

When Lancer chose to embark on the Trojan War, his mother Eos commissioned a special bronze armor from Hephaestus to protect him. As god-forged armor its defensive attributes are naturally at the highest level, rendering Lancer invulnerable to all attacks below C-rank while wearing it. However this Noble Phantasm's true power lies in another anecdote altogether. In Lancer's final battle against Achilles (who wore similar armor) it was said that Zeus loved both warriors so much that he granted them the ability to become as huge as fearsome gods or Titans so the entire battlefield could witness their heroic clash.

In truth, it was not Lancer himself who grew but his armor. The legendary smith-deity Hephaestus salvaged a remnant of the Machine-Gods' Aletheia and reforged it into armor. As such it holds a secret function where by invoking this Noble Phantasm's true name the armor expands and transforms into a gigantic mecha. Lancer himself rests at the very top, commanding the carapace of divine steel from within a cockpit located in its head.

Lancer's Strength and Endurance stats are titanically fortified within his newfound mecha-body. Conversely his Agility is heavily demarked as even an adroit spearman like Lancer will have difficulty maneuvering from inside such a hulking frame. Lancer also gains access to a Volcanic Divine Core recreating Hephaestus' forge at Mount Etna located within the automaton's chest, pulsating outward veins of molten ichor that spread to encompass the entirety of its artificial body. This generates tremendous reservoirs of Mana capable of fueling and animating a living Divine Construct. Lancer may also momentarily overclock the Divine Core for a greater boost in performance, disgorging blasts of volcanic heat and smoke from special vents along its joints.

Despite producing a theoretically unlimited amount of Mana the Divine Core is incomplete and can only run for a short time before burning out. As such Lancer can only use this Noble Phantasm's true form for roughly ten minutes at a time until it overheats. At that point the mecha will automatically shrink back and return to its original state as armor, likely leaving Lancer far too exhausted to continue combat. This can also be hastened by overclocking the Divine Core. Additionally this Noble Phantasm's immense size can be a drawback as well, painting a target on Lancer's back that allows all enemies to easily focus their attacks on him.

So here's a remake of my old Memnon sheet. I mainly changed up his personality and NPs. As usual comments and critiques would be appreciated. Thanks for reading y'all!

Blog Entries
    thx for the comments so far. Glad you liked it. Also cant wait for your reaction WF
    I perhaps ideas for sheets of this calibre...who knows.

Memnon: I think Selene, Helios and Eos are my favourite deities in the pantheon together with their parents who are my favorite titans. So seeing a sheet that tells me the story of a guy i never heard of with Eos makes me really love this one.
    I dislike how these three seem to have been absorbed by TM Apollo and Artemis.

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    kindly go jump off a cliff delrey

Blog Entries
    Ahhh~ keep it coming
    Fuel me more, I galvanize your emotions into creativity and make more shitpost Grands. I have vague ideas for four more of them~

I put a cherry on top

The Game. You lost.
    Last edited by DelRey; May 5th, 2022 at 05:34 PM.

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    DelRey revealed as an Avenger-Class Servant. Negative emotions directed at the poster are instantly converted into
    shitposts
    strength

Blog Entries
    When you think about it, my career here truly began after my Foreigner Hitler
    Heh, and i thought only morg flourishes from stuff like that.

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    DelRey revealed as an Avenger-Class Servant. Negative emotions directed at the poster are instantly converted into
    shitposts
    strength
    I wonder what class i am ?

When you think about it, my career here truly began after my Foreigner Hitler
    Heh, and i thought only morg flourishes from stuff like that.
    yeah that was one of the most comtroverse servants i saw but what should i say my servants are when not ignored almost always ridiculed or critized and truly praises were a rarity ( i actually starve to get ) as my servants are always top researched and respectful to the persons status ? Well i will show you some strong ones like my Grand Rider r equal strong Rider Aristoteles with a type as Mount when you remember that Little talk !? And let's see if you see the Great pieces of my Lostbelts stories no i don't spoiler .
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    yeah that was one of the most comtroverse servants i saw but what should i say my servants are when not ignored almost always ridiculed or critized and truly praises were a rarity ( i actually starve to get ) as my servants are always top researched and respectful to the persons status ? Well i will show you some strong ones like my Grand Rider r equal strong Rider Aristoteles with a type as Mount when you remember that Little talk !? And let's see if you see the Great pieces of my Lostbelts stories no i don't spoiler .
    I feel like saying "why are my Servants ignored?" and then "I'll show you some strong ones" is kind of missing the point when powerlevel inflation is a big part of what you've been criticized for (and I say that as someone who doesn't mind that sort of thing... most of the time).