Page 3693 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 269331933593364336833688369136923693369436953698370337433793 ... LastLast
Results 73,841 to 73,860 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

I liked the simple days when divine spirits didn't show up and barely mattered to anything.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Don't worry, after FGO is over we will get Tsukihime Red and Mahoyo 2 and 3, no more servants and gods and bad reddit posts about FGO

Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    Back onto all myths are real approach, I still don't get why Nasu decides to go historical facts and fantasy divide in Extella. It just feels like the good old fabrication vs real in which fabrication might not be as bad, but I just find it bullshit. Why pull this if he wants to go for all myths are real?
    The fundamental dysfunction between the mutability of myth and the depiction of objective records that renders it 'historical' fact has existed at the heart of Fate from the start. Do not expect resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    Don't worry, after FGO is over we will get Tsukihime Red and Mahoyo 2 and 3, no more servants and gods and bad reddit posts about FGO
    Careful with all that projection, Emiya-kun.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Just like his projections, if I never stop believing they will hold true and permanent.

Blog Entries
    This reminds me of that certain Mongolian basket weaving site schizo poster who complains about Raikou / Ushi Gozen in every thread saying that it's Nasu's moral imperative to make them "appear properly" in FGO because the mushroom once alluded that "there's more to it" in an interview or whatever.

If anything, I think it's there's point in that TM implying that "there's more to it" about some characters in any given story is a kind of unnecessary sequel baiting unless they're willing to just dump all the info into some Material Book.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally, I think this was not the case with specifically Tamamo and Nero's "they're secretly an Evil of Mankind pls tanoshimi" story lore arc. Nasu definitely had an "explanatory story" in mind when they imply that there's more to Tamamo and Nero than what appeared in Extra.

Blog Entries
    Just like his projections, if I never stop believing they will hold true and permanent.
    I have lots of tactless stuff to say but choose not to when it comes to this statement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sione View Post
    -
    Personally, I think this was not the case with specifically Tamamo and Nero's "they're secretly an Evil of Mankind pls tanoshimi" story lore arc. Nasu definitely had an "explanatory story" in mind when they imply that there's more to Tamamo and Nero than what appeared in Extra.
    I just want the spotlight to shift to others

Blog Entries
    You clearly do not understand basic storytelling and it shows. Amaterasu has a role and it was fulfilled. The point is Tamamo is related to this all powerful, evil (hence the reason why we get to know she is a beast candidate) goddess and wants to shed that part of herself behind and be her own thing, essentially. Thats why Amaterasu exists and why we got to see her in CCC, she was basically saying "I'm the part of Tamamo she is hiding, do you still want to be together with her despite it all?" and any sun divinities related lore or syncretism is to tie her together with the rest of the world. She exists out of necessity and to tie background things together, and to enhance Tamamo's backstory. Once again, you fail to see things behind surface level. There are things related to her not because Nasu wants to do anything with her, but because it was necessary in the kind of story he told for him to talk about her and her attributes.
    I think the "basic storytelling" rule where the writer can just freely allude to and make a reference to anything without having to worry about clarifying or expanding it later can't really be applied to any Fate story these days. It's just a consequence of the marvel multiverse-ication of TM as a whole.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's be real here, Nero and Tamamo's "hidden lore" not being "properly resolved" is a fatal curse that will haunt any Fate story for decades to come.

The only way forward is to keep rebooting Extra until they're finally done justice.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Beast VI's real sin is unsatisfying payoffs
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    I'll start to care again once there's more Record news.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Some things should remain as world building background lore for material books and that's it.

Blog Entries
    I just want the spotlight to shift to others
    Yeah, it's silly to say that the very existence of Nero and Tamamo's "unexplained lore" ultimately don't really matter or amount to much when it's been hogging all the spotlights and they both are getting all the dicksucking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    Some things should remain as world building background lore for material books and that's it.
    Agreed, this is what they should do from the very beginning with Amaterasu or Mother Harlot or whatever. Just throw them into the Material Book trash bin and never look back.
    Last edited by Kamera; May 22nd, 2022 at 10:35 PM.

Blog Entries

Agreed, this is what they should do from the very beginning with Amaterasu or Mother Harlot or whatever.
    Mother Harlot was a disappointment after all the build up. Or maybe I'm too used to SMT's.

Blog Entries
    Mother Harlot was a disappointment after all the build up. Or maybe I'm too used to SMT's.
    Right, I think the thought process in that one stems exactly from that unnecessary obligation to "expand the unexplained lore" that they've built up since Extra. Arcade is what happens when all these "missing bits" (Setanta, Sita, Jerusalem, Noah, Prototype, Mother Harlot, etc) are forcefully dumped into a product.
    Last edited by Kamera; May 22nd, 2022 at 10:43 PM.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Somehow I think gods will factor into Taukihime 2. Somehow, some way, I don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    Right, I think the thought process in that one stems exactly from that unnecessary obligation to "expand the unexplained lore" that they've built up since Extra. Arcade is what happens when all these "missing bits" (Setanta, Sita, Jerusalem, Noah, Prototype, Mother Harlot, etc) are forcefully dumped into a product.
    Arcade is the wrong platform to do this, though it serves as a good bait though

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Because for some reason it’s really important that the magic went away from continental Europe when BC flipped to CE.
    Again, Christ was actually born in 3 BC, and it’d be hilarious for them to make that massive a research error by just assuming. If it was caused by someone else, or by a 3-year-old toddler Jesus for whatever reason, it could be a little more interesting.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Somehow I think gods will factor into Taukihime 2. Somehow, some way, I don't know.
    Crimson Moon (blessed be his name) and his (im)mortal incarnation Arcueid Brunestud are the only divine entities we in Tsukihime-land worry about.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Preach, Glory be to the Moon.

Blog Entries
    At some point, when that inevitable FGO x Tsukihime crossover comes and Tsuki timeline is tethered into Fate Multiverse, CM and Arcueid will eventually be inserted into some IRL mythos.