Page 1748 of 1893 FirstFirst ... 74812481648169817381743174617471748174917501753175817981848 ... LastLast
Results 34,941 to 34,960 of 37846

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    If you mean Pure-blooded, the only known being was the one who stayed behind on the surface Albion. The rest of "true dragons" had already migrated to RSotW, safe and sound. Their identities are not specified yet.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    In their escape, they randomly left behind dragon factors that can transform people and all the dragons appearing in history were people who became dragons for various reasons.
    So how does Kiyo fit into this? Did she just get so jealous she hulked dragoned out?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Surely you mean the power of LOVE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    More like the power of batshit crazy. Which is almost as powerful as love really.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Power of batshit crazy is just the layman name for the power of love.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's a fine line between yan and dere.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    I got sucked into looking into leylines again and I once again say; Fuck Type-Moon and its leylines.
    霊脈 = Spirit Vein, normal(?) leylines, used in FSN, Mahoyo, FGO regularly. The most common term for a leyline, and it also has the ruby text "レイライン" in the CCC collab. So I'm partial to believe it's an actual "leyline".
    龍脈 = Dragon Vein, leylines from the body of a dragon seemingly? That's what the CE in FGO seems to imply. Used in reference to the Dragon God of Ryudo Temple once, and then in FGO.
    地脈 = Earth Vein??, used in Prisma Illya and Apocrypha, used once in camelot and a bunch in LB1, the lands leylines?

I didn't even know the third existed until a few minutes ago, and it wasn't until LB6 that Dragon Vein actually was used right next to Spirit Vein. Actually, in LB6.3 all three of those are used. I never thought a concept such as leylines would have so many types and would be so complicated with so little information. I don't think we've ever had a character go in depth about leylines either. So dumb.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxAkito View Post
    I got sucked into looking into leylines again and I once again say; Fuck Type-Moon and its leylines.
    霊脈 = Spirit Vein, normal(?) leylines, used in FSN, Mahoyo, FGO regularly. The most common term for a leyline, and it also has the ruby text "レイライン" in the CCC collab. So I'm partial to believe it's an actual "leyline".
    龍脈 = Dragon Vein, leylines from the body of a dragon seemingly? That's what the CE in FGO seems to imply. Used in reference to the Dragon God of Ryudo Temple once, and then in FGO.
    地脈 = Earth Vein??, used in Prisma Illya and Apocrypha, used once in camelot and a bunch in LB1, the lands leylines?

I didn't even know the third existed until a few minutes ago, and it wasn't until LB6 that Dragon Vein actually was used right next to Spirit Vein. Actually, in LB6.3 all three of those are used. I never thought a concept such as leylines would have so many types and would be so complicated with so little information. I don't think we've ever had a character go in depth about leylines either. So dumb.
    You forgot one very important explanation of it from Tamamo profile in CCC:
    Quote Originally Posted by SG3 Tamamo CCC
    元来、狐は丘の墳墓を守る神霊であり、その正体は地脈の竜の陰の姿である。風水では陽の竜(生きている人間 のためのエネルギー)しか語られないが、狐は本来の風水では陽の竜と同等以上に重視される陰の竜(死者のた めの風水のエネルギー)だ。
    月夜に月光に照り映える白狐の走り去っていく姿が、残像もあって長いひとつのライン(竜脈)に見えた事が起 源のようである。

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    You forgot one very important explanation of it from Tamamo profile in CCC:
    I've actually never seen this profile as I haven't really fully touched CCC, interesting- but also annoying.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I wonder if its like this:

霊脈: Foundational to the Mana systems employed by modern Magecraft (Fake Ether)
    龍脈: Foundational to the Dragon Phenomena.
    地脈: Foundational to the Mana systems employed by old Magecraft (True Ether)

Can't say for sure, but it'd make sense. I guess? Perhaps 地脈 and 龍脈 are not all that different though. Maybe 龍脈 is a sort of 地脈
    Last edited by Petrikow; June 9th, 2022 at 08:38 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    I wonder if its:like this:

霊脈: Foundational to the Mana systems employed by modern Magecraft (Fake Ether)
    龍脈: Foundational to the Dragon Phenomena.
    地脈: Foundational to the Mana systems employed by old Magecraft (True Ether)

Can't say for sure, but it'd make sense. I guess? Perhaps 地脈 and 龍脈 are not all that different though. Maybe 龍脈 is a sort of 地脈
    Well looking at the FGO CE for 龍脈
    大地に流れる魔力の軌跡。
    龍脈とは一つの巨大な生命の鼓動である。
    So I can definitely see 龍脈 being a type of 地脈 sometimes, but in LB6 you have the Rhongomyniad (霊脈) turret turning into Excalibur (龍脈). So its possible that 龍脈 isn't always a form of 地脈 either.

JP Friend Code
    Well looking at the FGO CE for 龍脈

So I can definitely see 龍脈 being a type of 地脈 sometimes, but in LB6 you have the Rhongomyniad (霊脈) turret turning into Excalibur (龍脈). So its possible that 龍脈 isn't always a form of 地脈 either.
    I mean, in that Tamamo SG description, 龍脈 is some sort of "shadow" (the "Line" of part Leyline) of 地脈. And I think the "Ley" could be Rei (霊) too. So perhaps the 3 are closely related to each other as concepts, but not always interchangeable to each other.

Blog Entries
    It's a metaphor for Oil Reserve lmao

Tell me about your best girl, and why she is Sakura Matou. Best Girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    I mean, in that Tamamo SG description, 龍脈 is some sort of "shadow" (the "Line" of part Leyline) of 地脈. And I think the "Ley" could be Rei (霊) too. So perhaps the 3 are closely related to each other as concepts, but not always interchangeable to each other.
    No, that's not it.
    地脈 is the real deal. Feng Shui (Taoism?) attributes it to the Yang/Dragon. The Fox is the Yin opposite of the Dragon.

The 龍脈 idea is allegedly a case of mistaken identity. People mistook the streaks of the fox god's afterimage as 龍脈. Basically the fox god runs really fast at night and it just looks like a silver line, and people thought "oh cool it's the veins of the dragon god".

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Best Girl View Post
    No, that's not it.
    地脈 is the real deal. Feng Shui (Taoism?) attributes it to the Yang/Dragon. The Fox is the Yin opposite of the Dragon.

The 龍脈 idea is allegedly a case of mistaken identity. People mistook the streaks of the fox god's afterimage as 龍脈. Basically the fox god runs really fast at night and it just looks like a silver line, and people thought "oh cool it's the veins of the dragon god".
    Nope.

I suggest you don't make wild comments when you know nothing about the fengshui concept that Nasu was referring to. The whole entry is to introduce 3 things: The fox divine spirit in Tamamo SG (Konjiki Hakumen), the concept of 地脈 (Earth vein) and the relation to 龍脈 (dragon vein) being pulled directly from RL fengshui.

龍脈 splits into 2 types, Yin and Yang, as the statement itself pointed out (陰の竜 and 陽の竜), with the fox god representing the Yin Dragon (why it can do that I will explain more below). In Taoism's fengshui application, a "country" itself (apply to any country on Earth, not just China) is perceived to be a sleeping dragon, it is alive but never wakes up because if it does then the country itself will fly away duh. The soil is the dragon's flesh, the rocks are the dragon's bones, the plants are the dragon's hair and scales, the water in rivers is its blood and the dragon veins (龍脈) is well, its vein of life.

However these dragons are simply a part of a bigger system: 地脈. Essentially the world's continents is the corpse of the primordial god Pangu, and thus the 地脈 are literally his veins. Since he is allegedly the prototype human, the veins in his body flows identically to that of any human on earth, and it is the basis of the meridian system used in Chinese traditional medical. Any acupuncture points, any meridian line a human has, it matches that of the land. Because of this, if the human is sick, then the Chinese traditional doctor will try to balance the flow of the Yin and Yang qi flow in that person's body. Similarly, this Yin and Yang qi flow exists for the land itself and any blockage of it will cause bad things to happen. This Yin and Yang qi flow is, I think you should have guessed it by now, the Yin and Yang dragons of the 龍脈. 龍脈 is the FLOW of qi down and inside the 地脈 of the land (the 3 star FGO CE literally explained this exact thing). These are not literal dragons, but representation of the FLOW of qi inside the 地脈. The only actual dragon is the country itself.

But things are not that simple, because the Wuxing system exists. Essentially, even when you can group qi flow paths into Yin and Yang, they are controlled and redirected to specific locations in the body of human/the sacred spots of the land. To do this, they use the Five Holy Beasts 五霊 as representatives (霊 here also doubles as 霊気 - spiritual energy - of the land, might or might not be used for TM definition of 霊脈 - spirit vein). The five are basically the 4 that most people knew (Qinglong, Baihu, Zhuque, Xuanwu) + Huanglong. These 5 creatures are tasked with being representation and control the flow of Yang qi/spiritual energy, and Huanglong (yellow dragon) is the central of it all (important).

But what about Yin? Modern fengshui tend to not dwell on the Yin flow of the dragon vein this is something that existed in the primordial fengshui, because they avoid talking about the dead like hell when talking about this, at best they will make some precautions to not touch the Yin dragon vein AT ALL. Exactly like Nasu said, primordial fengshui uses the fox to govern the Yin flow of the dragon vein. The reason is because ancient Chinese people believe that tombs of the dead are places where smart animals like the foxes can go to train and eventually become the Nine-Tailed Fox yokai. Tombs are sacred places that people never really come around, and it is usually built in the best fengshui directions to not block any critical 地脈, so it is a perfect place for fox yokai to train and become gods, xians once they obtained 9 tails. The white fox in particular is what a nine-tailed fox would be once it obtained the 9th tail after 1000 years of training. Then its fur can turn either black or golden (in this case, Tamamo's original - the Konjiki Hakumen became a xian fox with golden fur). Nasu talks about this in a roundabout way to ALSO explain why Konjiki Hakumen was guarding the tomb of Yellow Emperor when Nuwa asked for her service in Fengshen Yanyi, that even Tamamo was proud of.

So you have Huanglong (Yellow Dragon) representing Yang (the sunlight), wherever it goes is where the flow of Yang qi (Yang dragon vein) goes into the Earth Vein. Similarly the white fox running in the moonlight (Yin), wherever the fox travels is where the flow of Yin qi (Yin dragon vein) goes into the Earth Vein. Both of these are LINES, because these LINES ARE visual representations of the flow of the dragon veins itself in fengshui diagrams, that is, the flow of spiritual energy (or you can say magic energy in TM's case). There is no mistaking fox running silver line for dragon veins or whatever the fuck, the line IS the dragon vein. Period.
    Last edited by Lily Emilio; June 9th, 2022 at 09:26 AM. Reason: spellings

Blog Entries
    so which part of the earth's surface correspond's to pangu's dick

asking for a friend
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Everest.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    so which part of the earth's surface correspond's to pangu's dick

asking for a friend
    Should be the whole China if you go by the Pangu body = Great Continent Pangaea revision they pushed after the globalization.

But if you go with more ancient lore. It should be somewhere between the line you draw from Song shan to Hua shan of the 5 great mountains of China which were allegedly born from the head and limbs of Pangu in which Song shan is the belly and Hua shan = the legs.

Where is each hole of hundun

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Since I was reading up on Clock Tower 2015 again, I found something that is relevant:

Quote Originally Posted by CT2015
    西に新しい魔術理論が考案されたと聞けば駆けつけ、この発案者に勝負を挑む
    If he hears a new Magecraft Theory has been proposed in the west, he'll rush over and challenge the originator to a duel.
    東に新しい地脈変動があったと聞けば駆けつけ、その使用権を賭けて戦いを仕掛ける。
    If he hears there's a new Earthvein [or whatever you want to translate it as] Fluctuation in the east, he'll rush over and setup a battle with the usage rights at stake.
    Last edited by Petrikow; June 9th, 2022 at 11:37 AM.