Page 546 of 617 FirstFirst ... 46446496536541544545546547548551556596 ... LastLast
Results 10,901 to 10,920 of 12332

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

Quote Originally Posted by Sione View Post
    Yeah, I'm aware that the discourse consensus agrees that Shiki is mostly just a cis woman.

Though, nonetheless I've also heard of a story that a famous VA also named Shiki who realized he's a trans man thanks to Shiki Ryougi specifically, so there's that for being a trans icon, I guess.
    I mean I've also heard some people apparently come out because of a Sonic the Hedgehog game.

I try not to think about these things, personally.

Unrelatedly, speaking of 'genders in one body'

I wonder if the reason why Touko went for going for the original form of humans is related to Adam Kadmon ideas? Considering Aoko uses Kabballah Numerology and its part of the Aozaki crest it might be an influence.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Applying the concept of "trans" to a character of which it is never stated in the material itself means you've already applied "knowledge" outside of the work itself in interpreting it. What Dullahan suggests is that you employ the knowledge in Symposium to your interpretation instead, because he feels it is closer in character to what is described in Kara no Kyoukai.

Whether that's cringe or not is up to you, but you've already taken the action of applying it, so I suppose you'll have to live with being cringe.
    Trans simply means female identifying as a man. It's just happens to be called "trans". I can simply simply say SHIKI is male in female body which is canonical and true. Again I fail to see how that correlates to applying Plato's philosophy books...

JP Friend Code
    I mean...hot lesbian women remind me of my heterosexuality so does that make hot lesbian characters cishet icons?

No.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
    Trans simply means female identifying as a man. It's just happens to be called "trans". I can simply simply say SHIKI is male in female body which is canonical and true. Again I fail to see how that correlates to applying Plato's philosophy books...
    Because you applied external knowledge. Did the knowledge you possess of transexuality derive from Kara no Kyoukai? Of course not. It is an external interpretation. Trying to understand something with external knowledge is very much the part of any good interpretation. There is no context-less piece of culture in all of history. In order to first understand the word "human" you have preconceived notions as to what that is. That is an extreme example, but it illustrates the point. Once you decided to interpret Kara no Kyoukai in a way that defines something outside of its own bounds, you have done the exact same thing as what you called Dullahan "cringe" for suggesting. There is no difference.

This is a dumb conversation,

I am not sure what you mean. Trans sexuality just happens to call what SHIKI is. I can say it without using the word trans. It makes no difference and directly say SHIKI is man in female body.
    I am not sure what you are on about. Trying to understand another series by another is not a sin.
    What I said is cringe is that trying to definitively apply another material to another one. And trying to act it as a fact. Mine here is not interpretation.
    Surely you don't think how you are streching things to infinity

Blog Entries
    But, Mr. Anderson, how will you understand.......if you have not always-already fore-projected a unity of understandable meaning to be rendered explicit in the movement of understanding [Verstehen] constitutive of your being-in-the-World [In-der-Welt-sein]....?
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

JP Friend Code
    Deen UBW Rin has a superior face design to UfoUBW Rin.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I mean, if we're talking about trans characters

Da Vinci
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    At least, in terms of the Pendragon bloodline, I doubt the fan artists will care either way. Arturia faces are this franchise's cash cows. Not bulls, cows.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    that's Foreigner Molay's VA.
    Ironic, considering Foreigner de Molay is such a terrible depiction of a "trans" character (I'd argue the term isn't even applicable).

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    This is a dumb conversation,
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    But, Mr. Anderson, how will you understand.......if you have not always-already fore-projected a unity of understandable meaning to be rendered explicit in the movement of understanding [Verstehen] constitutive of your being-in-the-World [In-der-Welt-sein]....?
    What's dumber?

Your comment;
    Or this masterpiece of a post.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Ironic, considering Foreigner de Molay is such a terrible depiction of a "trans" character (I'd argue the term isn't even applicable).
    Yeah, it's a shame that in TMverse "gender bend" is the norm instead of "gender transition".

US Friend Code
    Da Vinci is the most outright trans character in TM probably.

D'Eon is more genderfluid since they say they're ok with Fujimaru seeing them as a boy or a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    What's dumber?

Your comment;
    Or this masterpiece of a post.
    He needs to work on his ethos and pathos

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    I mean, if we're talking about trans characters

Da Vinci
    P sure its more like Cagliostro from Granblue.

"Yeah I'm a guy, I just like being in a cute girl's body." well that and with new lore, its "my sister is the symbol of health and stuff I aspired to when I was sick so I modeled the bodies I made after her." weird stuff. Probably not actually all that transsexual. Well in the case of Granblue they actively deny that, its just a old man in a loli bod they made.

Vinci probably only cares about hey Mona Lisa is beautiful and so on.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Cagliostro is also trans

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, previously male character decides their ideal self is female, takes steps to give themselves said ideal body, is proud and happy with their new appearance, gets actively upset when referred to as a man

How the fuck else am I supposed to interpret it
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    I know and have interacted with people who have questioned their gender identity and have found some amount of solace in Ryougi. To say she is a trans icon is maybe a bit too much, but from everything surrounding it, I assume it has one of the more nuanced approaches regarding the subject of gender in Type-Moon. I have not read KnK.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    I kind of feel TM is a tad too hetero horny to generally be looked at as a company that handles gender stuff well, honestly.

I'm not saying it's bad, especially when they out their minds to it (like the Perperocino Crypter), but that's more deliberate as opposed to say the Ryougi stuff.

I suspect there would be disappointment if one tried to look deep or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoker View Post
    Deen UBW Rin has a superior face design to UfoUBW Rin.
    I don't think that's an unpopular opinion considering how UfoUBW Rin's face looks almost flattened with a shovel.

UfoUBW's artist there made her look like a rhino sometimes.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Sione View Post
    Yeah, it's a shame that in TMverse "gender bend" is the norm instead of "gender transition".
    I think if Molay was a straight up genderbend it would be more preferable, the vague implication that the outer god's hit him with a bimbofication beam with that "a body made suitable for seduction" bit in her profile is what honestly makes me uncomfortable