Page 1752 of 1893 FirstFirst ... 75212521652170217421747175017511752175317541757176218021852 ... LastLast
Results 35,021 to 35,040 of 37846

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by All fictions View Post
    You could say it's a dark curse on their souls
    Anyone who thinks the "Dark" part of Dark Souls refers to the undeath isn't playing the game right.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    holy grail war in Tokyo this summer.

Blog Entries
    Why hasn't Nasu made a Shiki written 死氣?

Like it's so on the nose chuuni
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

I'm calling it now, Grand Saber's gonna be either Kojirou (True) or Musashi (True). Screencap this.

I just hope it isn't Artoria. Please, God.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiinchomper View Post
    I just hope it isn't Artoria. Please, God.
    Search your feelings, you know it to be true...
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

JP Friend Code
    I don't think it matters who is the Grand Saber that's going to show up. As we have seen with Grand Caster there are multiple candidates. That being said given the nature of the enemy of FGO a Grand welding Excalibur is probably the best suited and thus the most likely. Jokes on everyone if it turns out to be someone like Tancred with a fake Excalibur who ends up being an Artoria face or something.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Just needs Excalibur, huh...

Sounds like Princess Mordred time to me!
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Despite knowing that, I'ma keep hoping it turns out to be the Shirou that reached Avalon at the end of the Fate route. It would be the biggest flex and display of GAR in the entire Nasuverse to have a crappy hero-wannabe magus become the pinnacle of spirits just because the man really loves swords, women named after them, and saving people.

Also, it'd be kinda poetic in a way, since everything started with their story and "Impossible miracle." What bigger miracle than pulling that off?

An idiot man can dream, right.

Neat idea ngl, though some people will still be mad.

I feel like one thing is that all the grands have some sorta gimmick or concept vs pure beamu that excalibur has, orion had a gimmick ability that wasnt shown due his grand role not being used in a way that his extra grand NP was never shown

Eh, people's gonna be mad regardless of who the Grand actually ends up being. Like, there's people that wants it to be Proto-Arthur, some that want Artoria and such.

I imagine Grand Saber Shirou/EMIYA's gimmick/concept would be being the sword instead of just wielding it or making it. Like, maybe he could apply "The concept" of one (Or more?) sword or bladed weapon into another or himself so that they become greater than the sum of their parts, sorta like High servants, but with weapons. Would kinda make sense, if we consider what EMIYA Alter and Muramasa do, that being condensing ULW (Alter) into a bullet or making a single uber-powerful blade from UBW's records (Muramasa).

That's kinda why I suggested either Kojirou (infinity), Musashi (Zero) or Shirou (Everything/Self), as all of them have "gimmicky" techniques and approaches to swords.

But we all know...

Mfw when I get hit by the 420th time with "EKSUCALIBAAAAH!" by another (cute) Saberface instead, tho.
    Last edited by Chiinchomper; June 12th, 2022 at 03:59 PM.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post

I feel like one thing is that all the grands have some sorta gimmick or concept vs pure beamu that excalibur has, orion had a gimmick ability that wasnt shown due his grand role not being used in a way that his extra grand NP was never shown
    Avalon would work well enough as a gimmick I'd say.

The offenses are usually offensive, not defensive (though the metaphor falls apart a bit with merlin though ignore that)

Quote Originally Posted by Chiinchomper View Post
    Eh, people's gonna be mad regardless of who the Grand actually ends up being. Like, there's people that wants it to be Proto-Arthur, some that want Artoria and such.

I imagine Grand Saber Shirou/EMIYA's gimmick/concept would be being the sword instead of just wielding it or making it. Like, maybe he could apply "The concept" of one (Or more?) sword or bladed weapon into another or himself so that they become greater than the sum of their parts, sorta like High servants, but with weapons. Would kinda make sense, if we consider what EMIYA Alter and Muramasa do, that being condensing ULW (Alter) into a bullet or making a single uber-powerful blade from UBW's records (Muramasa).

That's kinda why I suggested either Kojirou (infinity), Musashi (Zero) or Shirou (Everything/Self), as all of them have "gimmicky" techniques and approaches to swords.

But we all know...

Mfw when I get hit by the 420th time with "EKSUCALIBAAAAH!" by another (cute) Saberface instead, tho.
    No.

In all seriousness, sacrificing everything the Grand lore stetted up till this point, simply for a continuation of Shirou's MIRACLE is not the point of FGO's story. It may be a flex, but a dumb one at that. Plus, your idea of becoming the sword through conceptual bullshit wouldn't work, his spirit origin will rip into tatters for even trying that. If you like it, save it for the fanfics.

Besides, there's already Muramasa, and Quirinus has next to nothing to do with lances. Plus, I wouldn't really say Shirou's story started everything, the lore was already grounded by Mahoyo and Kara No Kyoukai.

Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post

We don't know the full reason on how Sefar died, just that Excalibur managed to power through it despite all other gods and entities failing. There might be conceptual advantages and whatnot in the planet defense form, who knows. Plus, the Grand form could have gimmick, something to do with faes and dreams.
    Last edited by HumanComplex; June 12th, 2022 at 08:02 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanComplex View Post
    We don't know the full reason on how Sefar died, just that Excalibur managed to power through it despite all other gods and entities failing. There might be conceptual advantages and whatnot in the planet defense form, who knows. Plus, the Grand form could have gimmick, something to do with faes and dreams.
    This. You could easily do some gimicky stuff involving Avalon or something. She would obviously gain something while summoned as a grand assuming she will show up as grand saber. However like I said it doesn't really matter who shows up, if grand saber even shows up however unlikely that they won't.
    Last edited by Stoker; June 12th, 2022 at 09:27 PM.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    imo being chosen as Grand is the worst thing happen to Heroic Spirit.

Arthur is already suffered enough kicked out from Avalon to chase Beast after threatened by Proto Merlin, and if he became Grand then he have no choice to defeat Beast even if he had to sacrifice his existence.

it's even worse for Musashi because she'd be resurrected from death in order to die again.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    I'd rather be consigned to oblivion than get stuck being involved with a black company for eternity. Getting recorded is dog shit.

Yep, I know it won't happen and that what I suggested is nonsensical trash, but that's just the fanboy in me talking and grasping at straws for one of the original gang (Kojirou, Shirou, imagine if it was Heracles, lol) or someone like Musashi to be Grand Saber. Mostly because there's already so many Artorias that adding another one as a Grand would kinda lessen the impact of the class imo.

But I'd be fine with whoever turns out to be the GS, if it appears. It's obvious that whoever it turns out to be, it's gonna shout "EXCALIBUR!" again, though.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The thought of Last Episode ever being acknowledged again is enough to give me shivers.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    The first cavewoman to pick up the sword.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Merlin could be the third wheel when Shirou reached Avalon.