Page 23 of 70 FirstFirst ... 131821222324252833 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition - 2022

Hey new to this thread. So I've seen an "android" folder came up on the download links and I've always thought that ultimate edition doesn't work on android. So how does it work exactly? Like how do you install it? My android can't run the installer.

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyShadow View Post
    Hey new to this thread. So I've seen an "android" folder came up on the download links and I've always thought that ultimate edition doesn't work on android. So how does it work exactly? Like how do you install it? My android can't run the installer.
    You need to install and update on windows, then copy to Android, where you can run it via Kirikiroid2. The file "README-patch.html" (which gets created when you install) has further information on how to get it to work on Android. Here's that section for your convenience:

1. Install the game. > ❗ Note: If you didn't choose a portable installation, make sure that the save folder location you choose (as part of the installation process) is inside the installed game's directory.
    2. Place the game folder somewhere on your phone.
    3. Open Kirikiroid2 and select data.xp3 (which is inside the game's folder) to launch it.

Also, the files in Mega's "Android" subfolder or supposed to be copied into the main game folder on android.
    Last edited by Bohemian Waxwing; July 12th, 2022 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian Waxwing View Post
    You need to install and update on windows, then copy to Android, where you can run it via Kirikiroid2. The file "README-patch.html" (which gets created when you install) has further information on how to get it to work on Android. Here's that section for your convenience:

1. Install the game. > ❗ Note: If you didn't choose a portable installation, make sure that the save folder location you choose (as part of the installation process) is inside the installed game's directory.
    2. Place the game folder somewhere on your phone.
    3. Open Kirikiroid2 and select data.xp3 (which is inside the game's folder) to launch it.

Also, the files in Mega's "Android" subfolder or supposed to be copied into the main game folder on android.

Oh thank you! But one more thing, where should I put the 'faterealtanua_savedata" folder at? Should I just put it on the documents again when installing in windows and just put it on the game directory like it said on no. 1 when I copied everything in my android device? Or do portable installation?(I don't really know what portable installation does so it'll be nice if you can explain it to me)
    Last edited by LonelyShadow; July 12th, 2022 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyShadow View Post
    Oh thank you! But one more thing, where should I put the 'faterealtanua_savedata" folder at? Should I just put it on the documents again when installing in windows and just put it on the game directory like it said on no. 1 when I copied everything in my android device? Or do portable installation?(I don't really know what portable installation does so it'll be nice if you can explain it to me)
    If you want to prepare a game folder solely for copying it over to Adroid, you could try:
    - Successfully complete a "Portable Install"
    - Download the xp3 patches you want from Mega and move them into your new game folder.
    - Download the 2 files from the Mega's "Android" folder and move into your new game folder.
    - Manually create a "faterealtanua_savedata" subfolder in your new game folder.
    - Copy that new game folder to Android.
    - You can then delete your game folder on PC again.

If you want to prepare a game folder solely for copying it over to Adroid, you could try:
    - Successfully complete a "Portable Install"
    - Download the xp3 patches you want from Mega and move them into your new game folder.
    - Download the 2 files from the Mega's "Android" folder and move into your new game folder.
    - Manually create a "faterealtanua_savedata" subfolder in your new game folder.
    - Copy that new game folder to Android.
    - You can then delete your game folder on PC again.
    Thank you so much! I'll come back here if I experience any problems and need some help.

I noticied that now there are 3 executable files in this new update
    are the routes separated again as their own different games?
    Last edited by kendotlibero; July 12th, 2022 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Clearer sentence

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kendotlibero View Post
    I noticied that now there are 3 executable files in this new update
    are the routes separated again as their own different games?
    No.
    I removed it since it confuses people too much... Next version will include a better solution for displaying different exe icons.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Psst, is there any hopes for a split download for hd_3200 at all as a stop-gap for the time being? Yes it's a bit impractical computationally for running the VN but I wanted it for the art assets more than anything...

EDIT: Wait a minute, doesn't Megasync let you pause downloads and turn off your computer and then resume where you left off the next time your PC's on? That was my main concern because I don't use hibernate and always turn off my PCs at night and I don't think you can do this pausing-and-resuming after shutting down when downloading through the browser (I could be wrong?).
    Last edited by NM64; July 12th, 2022 at 06:25 PM.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    Psst, is there any hopes for a split download for hd_3200 at all as a stop-gap for the time being? Yes it's a bit impractical computationally for running the VN but I wanted it for the art assets more than anything...
    None of the devs seem particularly enthusiastic about it - too much other stuff to fix piling up and too few hours in the day - so probably not. I guess sooner or later a torrent is bound to pop up somewhere. If you want the 3200 patch just for the art assets, why not get them from our project workspace directly?

D'oh, I'm not sure you saw my edit...

...but yes, I completely forgot about checking the workspace - sure enough, the hd_3200 art assets are there. Nevermind then I guess?

(also I don't know if the forum admins rolled back their recent change or something but I can now successfully post with javascript disabled without the "bot protection" yelling at me)

EDIT: Wait a minute, doesn't Megasync let you pause downloads and turn off your computer and then resume where you left off the next time your PC's on?
    I think so. Should work just like Google Drive for Desktop from what I've seen.

I ran into a impassable point during the nightmare intermission on day 12 of HF. Tried doing it multiple times but it always failed before displaying the "You're still alive. You're clinging to your life too miserably, girl" line. It does work on the old patch though so I switched to that to get past.
    Here is the exception file.

Quote Originally Posted by hexashadow13 View Post
    I ran into a impassable point during the nightmare intermission on day 12 of HF. Tried doing it multiple times but it always failed before displaying the "You're still alive. You're clinging to your life too miserably, girl" line. It does work on the old patch though so I switched to that to get past.
    Here is the exception file.
    Thank you for letting us know. The fix will be part of the next minor update. A workaround until the fix is out is to disable the option "Show mature content" during that scene. By the way, I send you a PM with further questions on a previous bug report of yours.
    Last edited by Bohemian Waxwing; July 13th, 2022 at 03:20 AM.

Sanity check - is it just my configuration or do the higher-resolution patch_hd files (1600, 1920, etc) not show up as select-able in the GUI unless the normal 'patch_hd.xp3' is also present?

Thing is though, if you rename one of the higher-resolution patch_hd files to just 'patch_hd.xp3' then it seems to work without issue (though you have to enable it via the "High (1.6x)" setting even if it's something like hd_1920), implying that my statement on the previous page is correct and that you really don't need 'patch_hd.xp3' if you're only going to use a higher-resolution patch_hd file.

I don't have this problem: https://imgur.com/a/pvq4KqJ (idk why img tag is not working)

And a question about the 3200 patch. I tried using it (as I am playing in 4k), but the game was laggy. Even though the game is installed on an ssd, and neither the cpu nor the gpu were even close to being maxed out. Is this normal?
    Last edited by HenDGS; July 13th, 2022 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HenDGS View Post
    And a question about the 3200 patch. I tried using it (as I am playing in 4k), but the game was laggy. Even though the game is installed on an ssd, and neither the cpu nor the gpu were even close to being maxed out. Is this normal?
    The GPU virtually does nothing with this game engine, it's CPU only. And even though the effects are multi-threaded the script parsing and asset loading is not, so is very much CPU bound. There doesn't seem to be a CPU on the market right now that is able to play the 3200 patch smoothly. Try the 2400 patch - a top of the line CPU might just get you by then in 4:3 mode. Widescreen might be a taller order, though. The 3200 patch was uploaded for completeness sake and to satisfy people's curiosity. Please don't use it for regular play.
    (Also, the assets are waifu2x upscales. You won't get significantly better quality beyond 1600 (except maybe for better text rendering), so using 3200 is plain silly...)
    Last edited by Bohemian Waxwing; July 13th, 2022 at 10:18 PM.

I don't have this problem: https://imgur.com/a/pvq4KqJ
    I think it's something with having pre-existing save data; farther investigation will commence as this may actually be a bug on my part.

EDIT: I can't seem to replicate it... so whatever.

(idk why img tag is not working)
    Imgur does a shady thing where, after a period of time after you initially viewed an image directly, it'll instead always redirect to their full-fat webpage instead.

A work-around is to instead hotlink through imgin (https://imgin.voidnet.tech/a/pvq4KqJ) or upload to somewhere like https://ttm.sh instead.

neither the cpu nor the gpu were even close to being maxed out.
    Are you sure a single thread wasn't being maxed out? For example, on a 4core/8thread CPU, a single thread being maxed out will only show up as 12.5% total CPU utilization.

It is very demanding as was stated on the previous page and is more for people with high-end modern CPUs for the time being.

----------------------------------------------------------------

There doesn't seem to be a CPU on the market right now that is able to play the 3200 patch smoothly.
    Have you tried it on a Zen3 CPU, Zen3D V-cache (Ryzen 5800X3D), and/or a 12th gen Alder Lake Intel CPU?

All three of these have substantial (like 20%) single-threaded CPU performance gains over their previous generations, with Zen3D V-cache being a wild card that sometimes provides no benefit over normal Zen3 while other times provides as much as like 40% gains depending on how cache-heavy a program is.

the assets are waifu2x upscales. You won't get significantly better quality beyond 1600 (except maybe for better text rendering)
    I can't help but wonder about the Real-ESRGAN that I mentioned on the first page if that may give higher-quality results for scaling factors larger than 2...
    Last edited by NM64; July 13th, 2022 at 08:11 PM.

Multi threading is not enabled by default. To enable multi threading, use the menu option: "Display->Number of drawing threads"

The max number of threads that can be used is 8. In the future, it will be increased to 4096.
    Last edited by Alyinghood; July 13th, 2022 at 09:52 PM.

I can't help but wonder about the Real-ESRGAN that I mentioned on the first page if that may give higher-quality results for scaling factors larger than 2...
    Possibly. I haven't tested Real-ESRGAN it in a while and came to the conclusion that it was sort of on par with waifu2x last time I checked, but with a undue tendency to modify and simplify the image too much. But it might well have improved in the meantime. Guess I'll check on it again.

Edit: Yeah, still same issues. For high quality, sharp, noice free sources, waifu2x performs way better.

Edit 2: Might have some value in restoring some fgimages, though. There are some that are lower in quality. Would be quite labour intensive, though, to manually merge the good parts of the esrgan images with the good parts of the waifu ones...
    Last edited by Bohemian Waxwing; July 14th, 2022 at 12:45 AM.

I may or may not have discovered a trick for if you want the crisp text of hd_3200 but don't have the computational grunt to handle it- take a lower-resolution HD patch and simply rename it to 'patch_hd_3200.xp3' and select it in the VN.

More in-depth performance testing is commencing (the trial "demo" should be a pretty good test-scene)

EDIT: Yeah... it actually does hurt performance, not to mention that it completely breaks scene transitions.

Hey Alyinghood, you're probably the only person who can sanity check this for me - when using 'patch_hd_3200.xp3' with a stock configuration (other than setting the quality to "High (4x)"), is it just me or is performance seemingly perfectly fine in WINE even on an only somewhat high-ish end CPU? (a Ryzen 4800U in my case - yes it's a very modern architecture but its 15w TDP limits its clockspeed, and mobile Zen2 has 1/4 the L2 cache of desktop Zen2 which hurts gaming performance considerably).

Basically since my 4800U definitely has weaker single-threaded performance (though not by a ton admittedly) compared to the 10700k referenced on the previous page, I thought hd_3200 would be a complete non-starter but, while I haven't done much of any tests other than the first few scenes of the prologue, I was given the impression that it'd be a lag-fest yet... performance was flawless?

...also it seems that, not only does the AMD HD5870 and AMD E-350 not work for the OPs, but the Intel 965GMA from the Core 2 Duo era also does not work for the OPs and it instead results in the infamous "white screen of death" that doesn't even play audio that we saw sometimes back with the old 0.9.x versions of Ultimate Edition (I at least get audio on the AMD GPUs). This is making it quite difficult for me to test video decoding performance for "low" quality OP encodes on weaker hardware...

However it seems that Sandy Bridge's iGPU does work which, when combined with Throttlestop to set a multiplier of 8x (aka 800Mhz) and setting Fate.exe to only a single process thread via task manager, I can create a pretty good scenario of older low-end hardware (my sister's laptop even uses Westmere, the CPU generation before Sandy Bridge so, if it works there, then that'll be an even better test-case).

...but still, these problems on old GPUs is, well, problematic considering that the older v0.9.x of ultimate edition didn't have issues playing on the very same hardware that's now not playing ball.
    Last edited by NM64; July 14th, 2022 at 02:52 AM.