Thread: Fate/Grand Order General Discussion (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

OMG I didn't expect this move, European masters here we go: https://fate-go.us/news/?category=NE...2F0731_info%2F

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    UK finally accepted King Arthur is a girl?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Raineh Daze's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Coggy View Post
    I've just seen a few people on Twitter/in my friendgroup saying she's not worth using because her NP isn't a raw damage NP making "her class pointless" and that her NP "doesn't make her competitive with Paracelsus" as a result, but I have no idea how true any of this stuff is.

Glad to hear you think she's good though! I'm leveling her to 120 no matter what, but I would have been a LITTLE sad if she was, like, unusable lol
    who tf is using paracelsus for damage? I just want to put her in a castoria team where i plan to actually last more than like, 3t. So non-farming stuff. Time between heals on S1 isn't awful, BLOCKING BUFF STRIP ON SOMEONE is really important, AE doesn't have many weaknesses and she heals herself, and stars for daaaaays. Nice 3* cost. ~_~

I'll get her to 120

i'm stuck at 98 and out of grails

(Unrelated, has anyone written down how ENEMY crits work somewhere? I'm trying to find a source lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Miyazawa_Lulu View Post
    OMG I didn't expect this move, European masters here we go: https://fate-go.us/news/?category=NE...2F0731_info%2F
    Does that mean I can download the app without having to use a VPN for the English version?

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz1337 View Post
    Does that mean I can download the app without having to use a VPN for the English version?
    i always just got the apk elsewhere

but

yes. Finally?

Why are people calling Xu Fu AE? Is it just cause of the class? Cause it's more than a little bit confusing when Arc is AE as well (Archetype: Earth)

Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    Damn, nice. How does she perform?
    For what I've seen about her, she's surprisingly quite a decent support for a budget Servant. It's kinda hard to kill her because of her constant healing too. That said, absolutely recommended to grail her so you give her extra HP so she doesn't get one-shotted by a crit, but that's pretty much the usual for low rarity Servants.

Hopefully when I roll for Proto Merlin in Summer I get enough copies of her to NP5 her, I assume she will be available at that point in the normal gatcha.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    Why are people calling Xu Fu AE? Is it just cause of the class? Cause it's more than a little bit confusing when Arc is AE as well (Archetype: Earth)
    Probably, but everyone's gonna call Arc Arc. Alterego is a pain to write.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oz1337 View Post
    For what I've seen about her, she's surprisingly quite a decent support for a budget Servant. It's kinda hard to kill her because of her constant healing too. That said, absolutely recommended to grail her so you give her extra HP so she doesn't get one-shotted by a crit, but that's pretty much the usual for low rarity Servants.

Hopefully when I roll for Proto Merlin in Summer I get enough copies of her to NP5 her, I assume she will be available at that point in the normal gatcha.
    Hans+ tbh. She can even outright replace castoria in the right comp (depending on NP gain skills, starting NP, NP append etc.) if there's enough damage.

And her second skill even helps with stray crits because crit down (which is WHY I'm trying to find a source for enemy crit mechanics. I think they have a flat chance normally and crit mods on them are additive? So -20% is a big diff in that case. Can't see why else enemies would have a crit rate: 10/15/whatever else% value)
    Last edited by Raineh Daze; August 1st, 2022 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raineh Daze View Post
    who tf is using paracelsus for damage?
    Ah no, that's on my phrasing lol.

I've seen people saying that her NPs buffs/effects aren't on par/as good as Para's overall buffs/abilities, and that she should just be a damage dealer instead to make use of being Alter Ego. Which, yeah, I didn't really get it either. Was wondering if her numbers and stuff were just that low since I haven't really looked at actual stats on that kinda thing yet.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Coggy View Post
    Ah no, that's on my phrasing lol.

I've seen people saying that her NPs buffs/effects aren't on par/as good as Para's overall buffs/abilities, and that she should just be a damage dealer instead to make use of being Alter Ego. Which, yeah, I didn't really get it either. Was wondering if her numbers and stuff were just that low since I haven't really looked at actual stats on that kinda thing yet.
    paracelsus has 50% NP gain and 20% arts up (team). Plus guts for whoever that one targeted figure is who gets NP gain. And a big self-NP charge for his damage-and-atk-down NP.

Xu Fu has team 30% NP gain, 20% arts up, 30% crit up, and targeted 30% NP gain (and minor things like the heal). Then her NP is 20 stars a turn for 5t (plus her self heals).

To boot, their skill CD's are 8/7/8 vs 5/6/6. Mostly, Paracelsus has one more arts card to NP more but his NP is crap. <_>

this isn't even much of a contest unless you really want that targeted NP gain specifically or are doing something leaning on guts

As for AE, I don't mind? It means zerk is the only weakness.

(I mean, ffs their second skills--paracelsus: 20% arts up for party, 3t, 7t CD; Xu Fu: 20% arts up for party, 30% NP gain up party, 30% crit up, party, 30% anti-undead damage party, and 20% enemy crit down for 3t... and 6t CD)
    Last edited by Raineh Daze; August 1st, 2022 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Delastogos View Post
    It's amazing Merlin still holds up somewhat these days.
    Merlin is still a good slot-in for battles that last longer than 3 turns. Koyanskaya doesn't do sustain support as good as Merlin anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

who tf is using paracelsus for damage? I just want to put her in a castoria team where i plan to actually last more than like, 3t. So non-farming stuff. Time between heals on S1 isn't awful, BLOCKING BUFF STRIP ON SOMEONE is really important, AE doesn't have many weaknesses and she heals herself, and stars for daaaaays. Nice 3* cost. ~_~

I'll get her to 120

i'm stuck at 98 and out of grails

(Unrelated, has anyone written down how ENEMY crits work somewhere? I'm trying to find a source lol)
    Paracelsus is used to cover Turn 1 in cases where the Servant you're using can't loop that well; when they have enough refund to do 2 NPs back-to-back but not enough to get the third in, for whatever reason. An example would probably be something like Para + Nitocris + 2 Caster setup (randomly thought of it, unsure if that's a real comp people usually do). Sure, you can triple NP loop with Kscope but the better setup is to run BHG on Nito and boost the damage a lot more.

I mean, it still depends on the comp. I suppose that Xu Fu would fill that slot if the end result is that the Servant can finally do triple NP looping with slightly less NP Gain for 30% NP charge.
    Last edited by manafusion; August 1st, 2022 at 02:16 AM.

​Witness The Power Of The... Suicide Squad?

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    guys, me have some more questions if that alrite

1. what is arcade servants relationships with the mobage ver? like, will they show up the same time, or eventually, or never and is always exclusive, etc
    2. if theres 3 rated up servants in one banner, each of different rarity, is the pity system gonna randomize between the 3? if its same rarit, will it randomize as well?
    3. how much of a bitch it is to level servant to 120
    Last edited by castor212; August 1st, 2022 at 02:14 AM.
    I haz a patreon please support onegai
    Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by manafusion View Post
    Merlin is still a good slot-in for battles that last longer than 3 turns. Koyanskaya doesn't do sustain support as good as Merlin anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

Paracelsus is used to cover Turn 1 in cases where the Servant you're using can't loop that well; when they have enough refund to do 2 NPs back-to-back but not enough to get the third in.

I mean, it still depends on the comp. I suppose that Xu Fu would fill that slot if the end result is that the Servant can finally do triple NP looping with slightly less NP Gain for 30% NP charge.
    Yeah, Paracelsus' niche is if you absolutely need 50% NP gain up and not 30%. Or a targeted guts.

Everything else about claiming Paracelsus is better confuses me, because he's really not.
    Last edited by Raineh Daze; August 1st, 2022 at 02:15 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post

1. what is arcade servants relationships with the mobage ver? like, will they show up the same time, or eventually, or never and is always exclusive, etc
    2. if theres 3 rated up servants in one banner, each of different rarity, is the pity system gonna randomize between the 3? if its same rarit, will it randomize as well?
    1. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ None have shown up so far iirc. Proto Merlin from arcade is getting a swimsuit this summer and a genderbent version of Jacques De Molay showed up for one of the Halloweens. Its hard to say if we will ever see full normal versions of current arcade exclusives though.
    2. 4* don't get pity. I genuinely have no idea what happens with two five stars on rate up simultaneously
    3. Immensely
    Last edited by Stevethepi; August 1st, 2022 at 02:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    I mean, plenty judge without being able to actually read the story, so why not judge when nobody can actually read the story?

paracelsus has 50% NP gain and 20% arts up (team). Plus guts for whoever that one targeted figure is who gets NP gain. And a big self-NP charge for his damage-and-atk-down NP.

Xu Fu has team 30% NP gain, 20% arts up, 30% crit up, and targeted 30% NP gain (and minor things like the heal). Then her NP is 20 stars a turn for 5t (plus her self heals).

To boot, their skill CD's are 8/7/8 vs 5/6/6. Mostly, Paracelsus has one more arts card to NP more but his NP is crap. <_>

this isn't even much of a contest unless you really want that targeted NP gain specifically or are doing something leaning on guts

As for AE, I don't mind? It means zerk is the only weakness.

(I mean, ffs their second skills--paracelsus: 20% arts up for party, 3t, 7t CD; Xu Fu: 20% arts up for party, 30% NP gain up party, 30% crit up, party, 30% anti-undead damage party, and 20% enemy crit down for 3t... and 6t CD)
    Thanks for the breakdown! I'll be honest, when it comes to gameplay I usually just kinda roll my face, so having this explanation is nice. I had figured it wouldn't make much sense for her to be somehow worse/weaker, so glad to see the rundown for why that's not the case.

Yeah, Paracelsus' niche is if you absolutely need 50% NP gain up and not 30%. Or a targeted guts.

Everything else about claiming Paracelsus is better confuses me, because he's really not.
    I edited my post, please read. Sorry and thanks.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I edited my post, please read. Sorry and thanks.
    I mean, that doesn't change anything to the conclusion?

The mechanical advantage Paracelsus brings is that whatever you're looping with has 20% more NP gain buff. And maybe you can get an arts chain and then use his NP to cover it if you can't kill the final wave. That is, literally, a niche case where targeted 30% charge also wouldn't do.

It's the furthest thing from general superiority, so it confuses me that anyone might be claiming it.

Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post

Our first Servant that was Arcade-exclusive (never appeared in FGO before that or ever since) is Proto Merlin. And she appears in Summer form. So, there's no precedent or known situation. In fact, the timeline for Arcade diverged really hard after Camelot, IIRC.

Pity only applies to the 5* Servant. 4* Servant and under don't get pity.

Depends on whether you'll unlock Appends. With no Appends, it takes... You know what, just read this doc made by PocketChalk: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...anu3CqiTDZuxxk

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, that doesn't change anything to the conclusion?

The mechanical advantage Paracelsus brings is that whatever you're looping with has 20% more NP gain buff. And maybe you can get an arts chain and then use his NP to cover it if you can't kill the final wave. That is, literally, a niche case where targeted 30% charge also wouldn't do.

It's the furthest thing from general superiority, so it confuses me that anyone might be claiming it.
    I'm saying that his use case stretch more than just the extra NP Gain and that him being able to AoE NP the enemy gives him some extra use cases above Xu Fu when it comes to farming. Admittedly, looking back at what example I put in, I realised it's a bad one.
    Last edited by manafusion; August 1st, 2022 at 02:33 AM.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Our first Servant that was Arcade-exclusive (never appeared in FGO before that or ever since) is Proto Merlin. And she appears in Summer form. So, there's no precedent or known situation. In fact, the timeline for Arcade diverged really hard after Camelot, IIRC.

Pity only applies to the 5* Servant. 4* Servant and under don't get pity.

Depends on whether you'll unlock Appends. With no Appends, it takes... You know what, just read this doc made by PocketChalk: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...anu3CqiTDZuxxk

- - - Updated - - -

I'm saying that his use case stretch more than just the extra NP Gain and that him being able to AoE NP the enemy gives him some extra use cases above Xu Fu when it comes to farming. Admittedly, looking back at what example I put in, I realised it's a bad one.
    I think the problem we have here is that you're defending something I'm not questioning--yeah, he has his use cases. I'm trying to work out how the hell anyone claimed that Paracelsus has better overall numbers or is plain superior as a support. lol

I think the problem we have here is that you're defending something I'm not questioning--yeah, he has his use cases. I'm trying to work out how the hell anyone claimed that Paracelsus has better overall numbers or is plain superior as a support. lol
    Oh, that. No, he's definitely not superior. His position only marginally intersects with Xu Fu but otherwise, they got their own specific usefulness that makes them viable in the right situation.