Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 444495253545556 LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1120

Thread: How did YOU get into Type-Moon?

Blog Entries
    You have not mentioned reading stay night yet. Do yourself a favor and read stay night. You won't regret it.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

マリーの味方

i decided to see if i could find my first online post about fate and here it is. sorry DEEN f/sn fans you just got btfo
    3 posts later was a guy saying i should read the vn

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post

i decided to see if i could find my first online post about fate and here it is. sorry DEEN f/sn fans you just got btfo
    Thanks random guy on some WoW forum for giving Sesto the business.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries

I think this was me...

the very next post was read the vn

bonus tsuki post for the adoring masses
    Last edited by Rafflesiac; May 16th, 2022 at 10:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Welcome!
    The fact that we've barely seen blonde Rin since then is a crime.
    Thanks for the welcome!
    This is true... I need more Blonde Rin in my life (she'll be holding a gun, of course)
    Last edited by Mori_PK; May 17th, 2022 at 12:27 AM.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Nanashi(kari)'s Avatar
    JP Friend Code

Rare Sesto L.
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate. Much like Daybit, I am simply correct, and that is the end of the discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gosserbam View Post
    I am not a shitposter at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Impressive argument.

Mine, however, is superior: you are dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevkraken View Post
    And you want to be taken seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubergeneral View Post
    The planet is on fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    GOT DICK? ANY PENIS? COCK DONATIONS?

US Friend Code
    Hate that I recognize what website that is just from the tiny sliver of it we can see.

I think this was the first thing I ever posted about TM:

Last edited by Reign; May 17th, 2022 at 12:18 AM.

So a while ago I was watching a Nux Taku video on Guts (Berserk) and Shirou Emiya came up in passing, this was my first ever exposure to anything Type-Moon related but in that video, he talked about his dislike of Emiya and how his character was bland so I just blindly agreed with it and stopped caring, Fate again came back into the light when I started seeing Astolfo memes that were circulating around I thought they were funny so I when I saw a Gigguk's fate timeline video which had him in the thumbnail I decided to watch it or like a third of it? I learned about the different anime's and such and Gigguk recommended to watch Zero first or so I remember and as such I did and was promptly bored to death during the first episode as he said in his video after finishing that I sorta started to enjoy it mostly Kiritsugu and his application of Magic after that I watched UBW thought it was great watched HF thought it was amazing and then realized that each different anime was a different route in the vn so I read it thought it completely changed everything about Shirou's character and made him wayyyyyy better nevertheless not too long ago i realised to Type-Moon was more than the Moon in fate and had a connected universe with a bunch of other series so not to long ago I decided to watch Tsukihime but it didn't have an anime so I decided to read Arcuied's route in the new vn thought it was great then I quickly spedran the manga version and i honestly thought it was better tbh

now i'm sorta in the middle of the new Ciel route but that's sorta it for my Type-Moon experience and thanks for reading

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Tsukihime manga is goated, 's all good.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Tsukihime manga is goated, 's all good.
    I still go back to it. SS blew their whole life's load adapting it. The art style was perfect and I love how you can see the facial changes sync up with what's going on in Shiki's mind. Really made something special and captured the charm of their relationship. Taking some elements of other routes and some scenes of Shiki's backstory just really helped make something that stands on in it's own. Roa's and Nero's depiction were awesome too.
    Last edited by Nanaya; June 1st, 2022 at 05:35 AM.

I was watching normal and quite boring anime titles, that was until I got into fate. My first was f/Z, with then going to F/SN UBW and HF. I eventually started with a lot more fate titles, such as apocrypha and others, before eventually settling on Tsukihime. I plan to finish all routes in the VN before playing the remake VN. I haven't actually watched or read F/GO yet, so I plan to do that after I finish everything Tsukihime related. I'll also start on other fate titles. TYPE-MOON is just my favorite franchise.

To me, Tsukihime is just amazing. Fate is, too.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Keep up the grind son. That's the spirit.

Inactive
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AXentrelises View Post
    I was watching normal and quite boring anime titles, that was until I got into fate. My first was f/Z, with then going to F/SN UBW and HF. I eventually started with a lot more fate titles, such as apocrypha and others, before eventually settling on Tsukihime. I plan to finish all routes in the VN before playing the remake VN. I haven't actually watched or read F/GO yet, so I plan to do that after I finish everything Tsukihime related. I'll also start on other fate titles. TYPE-MOON is just my favorite franchise.

To me, Tsukihime is just amazing. Fate is, too.

Ah... newcomers to Nasuverse are always welcome! Just make sure you don't get into powerlevel debate...

A bit of lifehack tips for Tsukihime... the manga is actually great and it can start as a starting point if you don't have time to read the entire VN (or the remake).
    Good luck and enjoy!

Forgot to do the whole introduction post, but I guess ill do it here since I'm covering how I got into Type-Moon and it felt more appropriate to do the post here than on the other thread.

Got into Type-Moon because my friend really wanted to get into the FGO 2nd-anniversary panel at Anime Expo 2019. At the time, the only thing I knew about Type-Moon was the FGO booth at AX, Astolfo, and that one gigguk fate video. I was dragged along and we ended up spending what felt like 2 hours in line. It was cool being surrounded by so many passionate fans but it felt awkward because I knew nothing at all. By sheer luck, we were the last 10 or so people that were let into the panel room before it was closed off. It felt cool being some of the last people in, but I also felt very guilty because there were still hundreds of people behind me in line who actually play the game and really wanted to be there for both the 2nd-anniversary news and to see Rumi Ōkubo and Ayako Kawasumi.

Decided to download the game that night and watched First Order a week later. Admittingly First Order gave me a very bad first impression and I knew there had to be a better way to get an understanding of this whole Fate thing. Decided to read Fate Stay Night with the only things I knew going in were Saber and Archer's identities. After 56 hours, I was hooked and it's been a roller coaster ever since. Read and loved Hollow Ataraxia and Tsukihime, watched the ufotable anime adaptations, main Kohaku in both MBACC and Type Lumina, bought some merch, and currently waiting for Mahoutsukai no Yoru to come out. My short-term goal atm is to finish Hana no Miyako! with my long-term goals is to read Strange Fake, Kagetsu Tohya, Garden of Avalon, DDD, and Tsuki no Sango.

Not sure if I'll be as active here compared to other sites, but I'm happy to be here.

Got into Type Moon with a theme on my Sony Ericsson phone (the renown W800i) in 2005. Then started splurging, until tapering off in 2015. F/z and all that milking of the Fate franchise was what started killing my interest. I'll probably look at getting the Mahou tsukai no yoru sequel (if ever) on PC, but that's probably me done.

Bored, lurking, and now feeling old. Heck I doubt a chunk of people here were even born in 2005...
    Image editor for the Fate/hollow ataraxia English Translation Project

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    2019er and 2005er right next to one another, by gawd.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sushimonster View Post
    Got into Type Moon with a theme on my Sony Ericsson phone (the renown W800i) in 2005. Then started splurging, until tapering off in 2015. F/z and all that milking of the Fate franchise was what started killing my interest. I'll probably look at getting the Mahou tsukai no yoru sequel (if ever) on PC, but that's probably me done.

Bored, lurking, and now feeling old. Heck I doubt a chunk of people here were even born in 2005...
    I remember when Fate wasn't a thing yet if it makes you feel better.

Would-Be Historian and Writer Karnovinsky's Avatar
    Hmm... Honestly? If I remembered correctly, it was a Worm CYOA that brought me in contact with Nasuverse and Type Moon in general.

Back then I was a Worm CYOA addict and I was looking up the Worm CYOA V3 when I saw a note about Servant's Powers and how Gilgamesh and Karna cost more points than the other Servants. I already about mythical Gilgamesh and it piqued my interest a bit. Seeing his Class as Archer, I immediately assumed something like a bearded Mesopotamian man wielding primitive bows and bronze weapons.

I decided to go to the TM Wiki, but the information there and the Character's appearance (Golden Plated Armor) confuses me for a bit. Then I decided to look him up in YouTube. Perhaps there's something interesting there. One of the first video I watched is Gilgames vs Heracles fight from the UBW Anime.

And then it all went up from there.
    “This being human is a guest house. Every morning is a new arrival. A joy, a depression, a meanness, some momentary awareness comes as an unexpected visitor...Welcome and entertain them all. Treat each guest honorably. The dark thought, the shame, the malice, meet them at the door laughing, and invite them in. Be grateful for whoever comes, because each has been sent as a guide from beyond...

...Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again, come, come.”
    ― Mawlana Jalal-al-Din Rumi

死者 Corpse
    US Friend Code
    Luckily lost my account
    A friend of mine said that he watched the Fate UWB anime, so I just watched it with him because he really wanted me to watch it. Okay whatever, I thought. It was in March or April of 2019 I think. Ever since then I just went full ballistic and consumed as much Type-Moon content as I could.
    The roles have reversed with us. I recommended him to the Tsukihime VN, Kagetsu Tohya and Fate Hollow.

Pretty generic story, but that's how I got into it.

I watched F/Z and UBW around 5-6 years ago. I thought they were mid and overhyped. About 6-7 months ago I wanted to get into VNs out of pure boredom, so I decided to start with F/SN since it was a series I had some knowledge of. I was absolutely blown away by how amazing it was and it's left a hole in me ever since. I read the first route of Tsukihime and I didn't find it very good, but I've heard the far side routes are worth it. I am also planning to read F/HA at some point next year.