Page 35 of 70 FirstFirst ... 253033343536374045 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition - 2022

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian Waxwing View Post
    We couldn't figure out what you meant. Please be more specific and detailed in your description.
    I found a bug, this was on version 1.1.0 before the latest update. When I was using the x2.4 resolution the mobile message window did not fit the 4:3 aspect ratio, it works fine when in 16:9 and match desktop. The problem still occurs when I updated to version 1.1.1; also when I try to switch the message window from the mobile version to the original I have to restart the whole game in order to apply the effects, this only effects the x2.4 resolution.

Last edited by TrainerRad164; September 7th, 2022 at 09:22 PM.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    While I have no insight into your issue, I can ask a few questions to at least help make your issue more clear to others that can more directly respond.

Quote Originally Posted by TrainerRad164 View Post
    When I was using the x2.4 resolution the mobile message window did not fit the 4:3 aspect ratio, it works fine when in 16:9 and match desktop.
    Does this only happen with x2.4 resolution? Also, is this in windowed or fullscreen, or does it occur in both?

Oh and what is your desktop resolution aka the resolution of your display? (thing is, "match desktop" matches the ratio of your current desktop resolution)

when I try to switch the message window from the mobile version to the original I have to restart the whole game in order to apply the effects.
    By "restart the game" do you mean start your save progress from the beginning, or do you just mean that the Fate.exe program itself has to basically "reboot"?

If you mean the latter, then I wouldn't be surprised if this is expected behavior since some settings do indeed cause that to occur and have done so for a while now.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    Does this only happen with x2.4 resolution? Also, is this in windowed or fullscreen, or does it occur in both?
    Yes it only happenes to x2.4 resolution and it occurs in both.

Oh and what is your desktop resolution aka the resolution of your display? (thing is, "match desktop" matches the ratio of your current desktop resolution)
    My desktop resolution is 3072 x 1920.

By "restart the game" do you mean start your save progress from the beginning, or do you just mean that the Fate.exe program itself has to basically "reboot"?

If you mean the latter, then I wouldn't be surprised if this is expected behavior since some settings do indeed cause that to occur and have done so for a while now.
    It's the latter.
    Last edited by TrainerRad164; September 8th, 2022 at 01:16 AM.

My desktop resolution is 3072 x 1920.
    A modern taller-than-16:9 display! \o/

Fun fact, it was me that insisted on including a "match desktop" setting (though it originally wasn't labeled "match desktop") specifically for displays taller than 16:9 but, at the time of Ultimate Edition 0.9.x, unless you counted old mid-2000s laptops or 2000s monitors, the only taller-than-16:9 displays tended to generally just tablets and laptop screens on specifically Macbooks and Microsoft Surface devices which I recall as being kind of shot down as valid reasons.

But, as I'm sure you know, taller-than-16:9 displays are way more common now on PCs even though it's only been like 3 years since v0.9.x. (see? SEE?! I wasn't crazy!)

To be honest, I don't quite know or remember why the setting got added anyway... maybe it was purely down to my desire for it and all of my older PC hardware with taller-than-16:9 displays? I do recall mentioning multiple times that, other than the OPs, the VN itself should run pretty well on even 1+GHz single core CPUs from the early 2000s.

also when I try to switch the message window from the mobile version to the original I have to restart the whole game in order to apply the effects, this only effects the x2.4 resolution.
    If you need to make the change take effect by closing the game by clicking the X button or pressing Alt-F4 to close the game, then reopening the game by double clicking Fate.exe, then this is indeed a bug.

I found a bug, this was on version 1.1.0 before the latest update. When I was using the x2.4 resolution the mobile message window did not fit the 4:3 aspect ratio, it works fine when in 16:9 and match desktop. The problem still occurs when I updated to version 1.1.1
    Ok, now I see what you mean. Will be fixed in the next update (v1.1.2).

Also when I try to switch the message window from the mobile version to the original I have to restart the whole game in order to apply the effects; this only affects the x2.4 resolution.
    Can't reproduce - this seems to work correctly for me (instantly reloads the current scene, thereby switching the frame type).

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    If you need to make the change take effect by closing the game by clicking the X button or pressing Alt-F4 to close the game, then reopening the game by double clicking Fate.exe, then this is indeed a bug.
    I tried that, yep it is a bug. Also apparently this also effects x1.6 and x2.0, when trying to switch message windows.

Can't reproduce - this seems to work correctly for me (instantly reloads the current scene, thereby switching the frame type).
    Huh that's weird I guess I'm the only one with this problem then.
    Last edited by TrainerRad164; September 8th, 2022 at 05:18 AM.

Can you confirm that you have an up to date v1.1.1 "patch.xp3"?

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Can you confirm that you have an up to date v1.1.1 "patch.xp3"?
    Sure but how do I do that?

Sanity check: on at least my Intel Sandy Bridge iGPU system (haven't checked this on other PCs), whether in fullscreen or windowed, the mouse cursor is always visible during OPs despite it being able to auto-hide during the story parts before and after the OPs (this also occurs when the OPs are played in the "Extra" menu when the on-screen button on the "Movie" sub-menu is set to 'full screen', though obviously the mouse cursor never auto-hides in the actual menus and stuff)

Is this expected behavior, or a bug?

What about with fresh & new save data? You can back up your existing save data easily enough by just renaming the existing save folder to have something like "_BAK" at the end of its file name.

Sure but how do I do that?
    Take a look at the "(Optional) How do I know if I have the latest version of all the patch files?" at the bottom in the first post of this thread.

If you happen to have something like 7zip installed or some other software present that is able to verify checksums then you can really make sure by comparing the CRC32 hashes (make sure to remove the "0x" from the beginning of each hash listed in the first post - for some reason Quibi included that despite no hashing software I know of including such a thing).
    Last edited by NM64; September 8th, 2022 at 06:32 PM. Reason: clarification

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Sanity check: on at least my Intel Sandy Bridge iGPU system (haven't checked this on other PCs), whether in fullscreen or windowed, the mouse cursor is always visible during OPs despite it being able to auto-hide during the story parts before and after the OPs (this also occurs when the OPs are played in the "Extra" menu when the on-screen button on the "Movie" sub-menu is set to 'full screen', though obviously the mouse cursor never auto-hides in the actual menus and stuff)

Is this expected behavior, or a bug?
    Glad that I'm not the only one who notices this!

What about with fresh & new save data? You can back up your existing save data easily enough by just renaming the existing save folder to have something like "_BAK" at the end of its file name.
    I try that but it still has the same problem.

Take a look at the "(Optional) How do I know if I have the latest version of all the patch files?" at the bottom in the first post of this thread.

If you happen to have something like 7zip installed or some other software present that is able to verify checksums then you can really make sure by comparing the CRC32 hashes (make sure to remove the "0x" from the beginning of each hash listed in the first post - for some reason Quibi included that despite no hashing software I know of including such a thing).
    Okay done that and I'm in the latest version.

While I'm making this post, I might as well re-inquire two things that may have been skipped over in my giant GPU OP testing post due to its multiple edits:

With the default "mixed" movie setting, is it expected that the classic Fate OP plays after the prologue and the PS2 OP plays after the 3rd day?

When does the Vita Fate OP play, if at all?

Does anybody have a checksum for the unstable patches? Maybe consider putting a .sfv file in the "unstable" folder specifically for those patches?

Also there's still my comment about the unnecessary 0x located in front of each hash in the first post...

I have the [FirePro] card on hand, but still need to prepare an environment for it.
    Just a quick heads up, my Radeon HD7850 "just worked" and was able to display the OPs in Ultimate Edition v1.1.x without issue.

Therefore, if the FirePro GPU uses at least the GCN architecture, then there's an extremely good chance that it, too, would "just work", therefore making things a bit of a moot point in terms preparing a test environment for it.

I will do farther tests using older drivers as well as older GPUs which will take more time, but I really just wanted to put that PSA out about AMD GCN-based GPUs so that you don't end up wasting your time if your FirePro GPU does in fact use the GCN architecture.

...actually, I can find that out for you if you can locate a model number or product SKU or something located somewhere on the physical GPU itself.

Hello, Was wondering if anyone has a save of everything except for the Heaven's Feel route complete. I was able to get the other 2 routes and the taiga dojos done previously but the hard drive died on that laptop and after finally getting a new one i really want to get back into it. Thanks

With the default "mixed" movie setting, is it expected that the classic Fate OP plays after the prologue and the PS2 OP plays after the 3rd day?
    Yes. Quibi decided to change the behaviour of "mixed" mode because:
    a) Twhite90 argued convincingly in favour of using the classic ops for the prologue.
    b) Quibi himself felt that the vita ops contain spoilers and are not recommended for first time play. (Since "mixed" is the default setting, this is what most people would come into contact with.)

The behaviour for mixed mode is henceforth as follows:
    - It plays the classic OP at the end of the prologue. (Either Fate, or, in case Fate was completed, UBW)
    - It plays the PS2 OP of the respective route after day 3.

When does the Vita Fate OP play, if at all?
    If you choose "vita" instead of "mixed". It then uses psvita_op_fate after prologue, and psvita_op_ubw or psvita_op_hf after day 3, depending on which route you're in.

Does anybody have a checksum for the unstable patches? Maybe consider putting a .sfv file in the "unstable" folder specifically for those patches
    They are considered unsupported until the engine limitations have been worked around, so no extras for now.

Also there's still my comment about the unnecessary 0x located in front of each hash in the first post...
    Seeing how busy Quibi is right now, I don't have the heart to ask him to change such minor things...

Don't touch the back touchpad.
    This will be disabled later.

If there are any other issues, I will check them myself later.
    I know this a bit late, but...

Wow, I can't believe that was what I was doing wrong... I really feel like a dunce...

That backpad really was Sony's greatest mistake with the Vita, wasn't it? I know people say it was the proprietary memory cards, but had the Vita actually been a success I doubt it would've been that big a deal.

Blog Entries
    They are considered unsupported until the engine limitations have been worked around, so no extras for now.

Seeing how busy Quibi is right now, I don't have the heart to ask him to change such minor things...
    I check the forum daily, just not actively posting since you guys do a great job at it :P
    The forum has a bug when trying to edit posts (see: https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...=1#post3206185), which sometimes works but mostly doesn't, so I'll try at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    which sometimes works but mostly doesn't, so I'll try at a later date.
    Perhaps try with javascript disabled? Just keep in mind that any linebreaks would have to use <P> as, when javascript is disabled, it seems you have to use plain-straight HTML or something.

Anyway, speaking of the first post, I've got something to add to it about the AMD GPU OP issue situation now that I've figured out what's going on that could be considered a sort of "known issue":

Blue program window with music playing after the 3rd day or after the scene with Saber in the moonlight (aka the end of the prologue)

Solution: If you are using ATI/AMD graphics of the HD 5000 series or higher, then make sure you are using graphics drivers that are of at least 16.2.1 beta or newer for non GCN products; despite not being listed on that webpage, this fix also applies to some early "APU" integrated graphics such as the AMD E-350 which has integrated Radeon HD 6310 graphics.

(do not confuse this with Intel's integrated HD Graphics 5000 nor with the much newer Radeon RX 5000 series)

The jist of the AMD GPU OP issue is that, for whatever reason, the latest non-beta driver for the HD 5000 and newer non GCN GPUs causes the infamous blue program window, but using the newer 16.2.1 beta driver does not. Furthermore, even an HD4670 (not a typo) running its own latest non-beta 13.9 (also not a typo) driver is able to play the OPs in Ultimate Edition v1.1.1 without issue.

Oh and I checked my Nvidia 6600GT and 8400GS while I was at it and they also were able to play the OPs in Ultimate Edition v1.1.1 without issue.

Now we just need to know if Ultimate Edition v1.1.2 will properly detect older GPUs that are missing OpenGL 2.x support and subsequently enable the "Skip movies in-game" setting or the like.

EDIT: Well, at least it sounds like we won't need to worry about compatibility with discrete desktop Intel GPUs anymore.
    Last edited by NM64; September 11th, 2022 at 09:56 PM.

The Vita port has been updated.

Major stability improvements have been implemented.
    The prologue can now be finished without errors.

Get it here: https://alyinghood.github.io/fsnrnue-multiplatform/

The Vita port has been updated.

Get it here: https://alyinghood.github.io/fsnrnue-multiplatform/
    I don't suppose this link will be added to the first post? Or are we considering this Vita port as a separate "release" altogether? (kind of like Koto's vanilla RN compared to Jack's pre-Ultimate Edition version of RN were considered separate).