Page 7730 of 7875 FirstFirst ... 673072307630768077207725772877297730773177327735774077807830 ... LastLast
Results 154,581 to 154,600 of 157483

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Dunno, I just leafed through the pages of the Volusung Saga and of all the times Gram appears the absolute closest I could find would be when it is reforged for Sigurd and the narrator notes it is "as though fire burned along the edges thereof" so maybe its just extrapolation or something.

But who knows, maybe someone who is more of an expert can enlighten us.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

what games and anime has gram appeared in before is something to check

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    what games and anime has gram appeared in before is something to check
    Feel free to do so...

I'll wait here.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's always fun when it's only Gram too. Like Konosuba has it's own gods and everything else, but there's Gram on decoy protag.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Can Servant fights/functions underwater? Assuming they don't have skills that related with water and surviving it.

Edit: I heard from someone that Paracelsus once has a water cage spell in Prototype Fragment. Which chapter is that?
    Last edited by Spartacus; September 19th, 2022 at 03:56 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Can Servant fights/functions underwater? Assuming they don't have skills that related with water and surviving it.

Edit: I heard from someone that Paracelsus once has a water cage spell in Prototype Fragment. Which chapter is that?
    https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...=1#post3036866

https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...=1#post3161490

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    I see, thanks

Could Solomon learn Magic theorically? Nasu did say Medea couldn't learn Magic, but the kind of magecraft she uses is different from Solomon's. Also, Zelretch who is from the same age created the second Magic.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    When you think about it, nobody could theoretically learn magic.
    Last edited by Petrikow; September 21st, 2022 at 04:57 PM.

Is there any evidence in favor of the argument claiming that things have lots of mystery precisely because they have tons of magical energy? Or is it just a matter of correlation not equating causation and something can have high mystery yet not have large quantities of magical energy? Older things also tend to have more magical energy but I've never seen the two equated.
    Like Rhongomyniad being called a superior mystery to Wodime’s Ideal Magecraft yet Wodime managing to block it somehow with some random spell.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Correlation =/= causation.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz View Post
    Is there any evidence in favor of the argument claiming that things have lots of mystery precisely because they have tons of magical energy? Or is it just a matter of correlation not equating causation and something can have high mystery yet not have large quantities of magical energy? Older things also tend to have more magical energy but I've never seen the two equated.
    Like Rhongomyniad being called a superior mystery to Wodime’s Ideal Magecraft yet Wodime managing to block it somehow with some random spell.
    Well certain catalysts for servants, like the first snake skin, or the spare treasury key for Gilgamesh would seem pretty mysterious to me, but neither one seemed to possess a lot of magical energy. The depowered Avalon also seemed to fit in this category, not degrading, but also not doing anything without Artoria there to activate it. It could very well be that the reason various catalysts exist until the modern era despite all odds being against them is that they contain mystery, but no particular power or function by themselves. Course this is all hypothetical and actual 100% word of god statements on the matter are lacking to my understanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    When you think about it, nobody could theoretically learn magic.
    By magics own definition i think magic is a oddity honestly.

I mean 1 and 5 fit if its just a root connection manifesting in a certain way, but 2-4 were not derived purely from the root but made to get there. Which raises all sorts of questions as to HOW they got it.

I mean the third at least for the einzberns was a accident but the 2nd is the big one that scratches my head.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    I don't know what's a spoiler anymore.
    The second is there to give us the thematic connection of the planet and Arc's what if dream Kino. That's all you need to know.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Zelretch probably just followed his Grand Order the way it was supposed to be followed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    I don't know what's a spoiler anymore.
    The second is there to give us the thematic connection of the planet and Arc's what if dream Kino. That's all you need to know.
    I love this because it literally suggests planets can learn and grow as well. Further evidence Earth is special.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    I love this because it literally suggests planets can learn and grow as well. Further evidence Earth is special.
    Spoiler:
    Given the connection between dreams and hopes & possibilities, I'm thinking that an Arc that doesn't dream doesn't (solely) reflect her own self but thematically the planet as well. Notes is described as an ultimately hopeless story. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the kind of Bad End we're looking at.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Aoko vs Flat Snark shows that's not the case.
    Ice comet had more mystery than Aoko beam, but since they had equal magical energy, beam pierced through.
    It is therefore possible for something to have a higher mystery but less magical energy.
    So the argument as you've stated it "things have lots of mystery /precisely/ because they have tons of magical energy?" is not true.

However, the exact relationship between mystery and magical energy is interesting and I don't think is spelled out yet.
    It probably won't be until we learn more about the First.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Usually higher mystery do mean higher magical energy or may be better quality?
    Like age of god's true ether is better quality wise whereas Modern day ether is not so pure and probably diluted. Basically calling it fake.
    But if you take enough fake ether , it probably can combat true ether of nominal amount but that would be exception not the rule.

Blog Entries
    I'm 99% sure that the difference between Ether and True Ether is qualitative, not quantitative.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024