Page 43 of 70 FirstFirst ... 333841424344454853 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition - 2022

Hey guys, I know playing on IOS (Iphone 8) isn't supported, but I did manage to make it work by using Xp3player app in the App Store to launch the data.xp3.

All patches appear and work fine beside Display -> Quality ones. I'm not sure if they don't work but the sub-menu "Quality" doesn't
    appear at all in the "Display" menu. Also, the "Aspect Ratio" sub-menu doesn't appear as well.

I did follow the step about copying the Android folder files, but it had no impact. Game works fine but with said issues above with or without following that step.
    Also the options do appear correctly when I access that same game installation on computer instead of on the phone.
    Lastly, I had a feeling that maybe setting the options pre-emptively on computer before moving the installation on phone could have an impact. Can confirm it didn't.

Since IOS isn't supported, I understand if nothing can be done. I'm still very thankful for all you guys work. I'm just trying to provide the best experience possible to a friend.
    Last edited by TheFloorIsAbyss; October 29th, 2022 at 11:37 PM.

Nevermind I figured it out, thank you

I figured it out my self by downloading Kirikiroid2 and transferring the game to my phone

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Hey Alyinghood, you know how you also previously stated that you were considering using the (chromium-based) Electron for the basis of a more universal cross-platform version of Ultimate Edition?

And you know how you previously said that you were thinking about using JPEG-XL instead of WebP for smaller lossless file sizes?

So uh, about that:

(disclaimer: my primary web browser is Pale Moon, and my secondary browser is LibreWolf, and my tertiary browser is Firefox; also I know that Chrome =/= chromium but, lets be honest here in terms of who are the ones actually developing chrome vs chromium)

EDIT: While not directly relevant to Ultimate Edition, the following article is a great overview of why this depreciation is... questionable to say the least:

EDIT 2: I kid you not - that aforementioned Pale Moon browser that I've been using for over a decade now? It became the first browser to enable JPEG-XL by default:
    Last edited by NM64; November 29th, 2022 at 01:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    Hey Alyinghood, you know how you also previously stated that you were considering using the (chromium-based) Electron for the basis of a more universal cross-platform version of Ultimate Edition?

And you know how you previously said that you were thinking about using JPEG-XL instead of WebP for smaller lossless file sizes?

So uh, about that (I highly recommend reading the comments as well):

(disclaimer: my primary web browser is Pale Moon, and my secondary browser is LibreWolf, and my tertiary browser is Firefox; also I know that Chrome =/= chromium but, lets be honest here in terms of who are the ones actually developing chrome vs chromium)
    The JPEG XL support does not rely on image formats supported by the underlying runtime.

I have a question: Can you somehow add titles to the ending scenes?

As far as I'm informed the ending scenes are implemented a bit differently then other scenes and they do not have any title attached to them.
    If playing normally, the game just grabs the last title that was set. This is a bit awkward in the UBW route since the last scenes are scenes with checks called "To epilogue"

In the Fate and HF routes it's less of a problem. The page counter on top resets when the game transitions from the previous scene to the ending, but since those are hidden by default that's not a big problem itself.

A slightly bigger problem surfaces if you click on the ending cards from the extra menu:

If you save that scene (entered from the extra menu) then the title shows up as N O D A T A

The 7th page is not displayed in the details of Gilgamesh. What is the reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimoks View Post
    The 7th page is not displayed in the details of Gilgamesh. What is the reason?
    As far as I'm aware there is no 7th page. The Classic Fate from 2004 had 6 pages, both in Japanese as in English. So did the Réalta Nua PC release from 2012: 6 pages, both in Japanese and in English.

[EDIT]
    Quibi mentions that there is a 7th page in the assets (under the name "ss_ギルガメッシュ詳細_6.png"), that, intentionally or not, had never been accessible from the game.
    Last edited by Bohemian Waxwing; November 4th, 2022 at 11:52 AM.

In statusmenulayer.tjs:105

var ServantDetailPages = %[
    "セイバー" => 9,
    "ダークセイバー"=> 1,
    "アーチャー" => 1,
    "ライダー" => 3,
    "ランサー" => 9,
    "キャスター" => 7,
    "アサシン" => 3,
    "バーサーカー" => 6,
    "ギルガメッシュ"=> 6,
    "真アサシン" => 4,
    ];

"ギルガメッシュ"=> 6, therefore, 6 pages are shown, not 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimoks View Post
    In statusmenulayer.tjs:105

var ServantDetailPages = %[
    "セイバー" => 9,
    "ダークセイバー"=> 1,
    "アーチャー" => 1,
    "ライダー" => 3,
    "ランサー" => 9,
    "キャスター" => 7,
    "アサシン" => 3,
    "バーサーカー" => 6,
    "ギルガメッシュ"=> 6,
    "真アサシン" => 4,
    ];

"ギルガメッシュ"=> 6, therefore, 6 pages are shown, not 7.
    Yes, exactly.
    Both Classic and Realta used "ギルガメッシュ"=> 6, there, which is why Ultimate is using it as well...
    (Typo Moon seemingly didn't want page 7 show.)

"ギルガメッシュ"=> 6
    Could this be just an unnoticed mistake?
    An ordinary player could not notice her in any way.
    Last edited by Dimoks; November 5th, 2022 at 10:16 AM.

quick question, is the static bug fixed yet?

Quote Originally Posted by oddjobsro View Post
    quick question, is the static bug fixed yet?
    If you mean the static noise during voice playback - yeah, that's been fixed for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian Waxwing View Post
    If you mean the static noise during voice playback - yeah, that's been fixed for a long time.
    what patch do i download to fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by oddjobsro View Post
    what patch do i download to fix it?
    The patches linked on the first page?

@Twhite90
    Was it you who mentioned that there are still scenes with missing sprites and animations?
    We found and fixed a bug that could cause dropped animations and in some cases completely missing sprites in those places:

セイバールート五日目-14 *page13 (line 128)
    セイバールート五日目-14 *page13 (line 132)
    セイバールート九日目-10 *page3 (line 93)
    セイバールート十一日目-18 *page2 (line 35)
    セイバールート十一日目-18 *page3 (line 79)
    セイバールート十一日目-18 *page57 (line 629)
    セイバールート十一日目-118 *page3 (line 35)
    セイバールート十一日目-118 *page5 (line 84)
    セイバールート十四日目-00 *page45 (line 451)
    セイバールート十四日目-00 *page46 (line 467)
    セイバールート十四日目-00 *page46 (line 474)
    セイバールート十五日目-11 *page88 (line 971)
    セイバールート十五日目-22 *page11 (line 106)
    セイバーエピローグ *page1 (line 31)
    セイバーエピローグ *page88 (line 772)
    セイバーエピローグ *page98 (line 890)
    セイバーエピローグ *page104 (line 967)
    凛ルート九日目-05 *page26 (line 419)
    凛ルート十一日目-04 *page27 (line 240)
    凛ルート十一日目-04 *page27 (line 249)
    凛ルート十一日目-04 *page28 (line 260)
    凛ルート十一日目-04 *page28 (line 271)
    凛ルート十四日目-03 *page52 (line 593)
    凛ルート十四日目-25 *page47 (line 359)
    桜ルート十一日目-15 *page35 (line 454)
    桜ルート十二日目-09 *page12 (line 117)
    桜ルート十五日目-10 *page127 (line 1908)
    桜ルート十五日目-20 *page57 (line 491)
    桜ルート十六日目-17 *page36 (line 500)
    ラストエピソード *page61 (line 2145)
    The fix will be part of v1.1.3

Hi.
    I finished the VN, and it was something.
    I would like to thank you all unknown guys and gals who worked on making this experience so great, i cannot express how incredible it felt.

I would like to add my stone to the building as well, i spotted some typos, would it be possible to access to a text dump of the patch? so i could easily highlight them, because going through Fate and UBW again only to get screenshots of typos sounds like a timewaste to me.

Since im sick today i made a screenshot of errors found by memory, i wont dig further that way. I am not used enough to the search function to know if those got already reported or not.

Spoiler:

12th Day: Foreigners` cemetery Tohsaka Rin(VII)
    in the bottom right corner, it should be destroyed, aka the wrong background is used

Spoiler:

Title Screen
    It says "3 years after EK's death", but it actually had been 5 years.

Example in 1st Day: Recollection of ten years ago-Morning Rebirth

Spoiler:

The two`s choice Mind and body
    there is a missing "r"

Spoiler:

6th Day: Ryuudou Temple Archer VS Caster
    Unless itselfitself is a reference to another work, it could only be "itself"

Quote Originally Posted by Kador View Post
    12th Day: Foreigners` cemetery Tohsaka Rin(VII)
    in the bottom right corner, it should be destroyed, aka the wrong background is used
    You are right. This inconsistency exists in the official versions as well. The sidewalk was shown still damaged just two scenes earlier (as it had been since the 3rd day). TM oversight, I guess. We'll fix it.

Title Screen
    It says "3 years after EK's death", but it actually had been 5 years.
    Example in 1st Day: Recollection of ten years ago-Morning Rebirth
    Yes, we're aware of this inconsistency.
    The text itself (in this case "セイバールート一日目-00.ks" page69) says "5 years".
    It does so in all the versions of the game I checked:
    Classic JP 2004: 嗣が死んでからもう五年。
    Classic JP 2006: 嗣が死んでからもう五年。
    Classic JP 2019: 嗣が死んでからもう五年。
    Classic EN: It's been five years since Father died.
    RN JP 2012: 切嗣が死んでからもう五年。
    RN JP 2015: 切嗣が死んでからもう五年。
    RN EN: It's been five years since Father died.[lr]
    The image file in the title logo where it says "three years" has some less consistent history:
    FSN's original release date version of "t_english" read "Three years after the death of his foster father, ..."
    FSN's updated/patched version of "t_english" read "Five years after the death of his foster father, ..."
    In RN, this file's name was changed to "ta_logo4", which now again returns to saying "Three years after the death of his foster father, ..."

What does it all mean? Well, probably Type-Moon maybe screwed up a bit?
    The thing is, the RN style logo is a rather complicated concoction using multiply separate logo elements, that after their initial fade in get overlayed by single combined logo with a glow. Since things need to line up perfectly and the small text has some glow as well, it makes fixing the (multiple) variants of "ta_logo4" with good results rather exceedingly tricky. So I left it at "three years"...

The two`s choice Mind and body
    there is a missing "r"

6th Day: Ryuudou Temple Archer VS Caster
    Unless itselfitself is a reference to another work, it could only be "itself"
    Thank you! Quibi now fixed those.
    I also send you a PM with a download link for the english scripts.
    Last edited by Bohemian Waxwing; November 23rd, 2022 at 05:29 PM.

Thank you for this awesome proyect.

It would be great to "center" some of the 16:9 scenes in the important angles, for example in the Shirou vs Archer CG, only Archer is seen, sill I don't know if it would be possible.