Page 44 of 286 FirstFirst ... 34394243444546495494144 ... LastLast

Thread: [FGO JP Main Chapter] Lostbelt 7: Nahui Mictlan ~ The One Who Rules the Planet

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    ORT is not from our texture anyway so I doubt the differences between Lostbelts, blank earth, proper human history, etc even matter to him
    But aren't Lost Belts simulations? What about ORT in PHH? Does that mean it doesn't exist in PHH and it's only in the Lost Belt? Or we have two ORTs now?
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

Quote Originally Posted by Gelious View Post
    - Kadoc using his Sirius Light and blowing himself up
    Nu my impossible dream of a sequel protagonist with a defined personality!

Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    The Victory Screen is still displayed, but for the pruning of Lostbelt and not for stopping ORT.
    I dig the alien boogey man being treated like a horror movie curse/demon.

Yes, but dormant. Something about PHH keeps it from awakening. Tezca implies the Lostbelt seems to provide perfect environs for it to awake.
    Well, then it's just saying that it's PHH ORT that can only awaken in the circumstances of the Lostbelt.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Gelious's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz View Post
    But aren't Lost Belts simulations? What about ORT in PHH? Does that mean it doesn't exist in PHH and it's only in the Lost Belt? Or we have two ORTs now?
    Our original sleeping PHH ORT got overwritten with a Lostbelt One that bad guys are waking up. So we gonna bring him back when the Tree is chopped but since he's sleeping, it's fine.

It's frozen, but the narrative implies it'll function again once it thaws out. It seem really hard to destroy it outright. Daybit's reason is still vague, but he seems to know a lot more about what CHALDEAS is compared to others, and how much of a threat it is that he resorted to an Ultimate One devouring it.
    Uh does it? The mats are at least pretty clear on the fact that once it stops you can't restart it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    I'd honestly be disappointed if it was anything other than throw fodder at ORT to slow it down until it's dealt with in an indirect and roundabout fashion.
    it's definitely going to just be holding it off until we can destroy the Fantasy Tree and cull the Lostbelt. As long as ORT doesn't breach the storm wall it should disappear with the LB.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Chapter 6: Striker of burning flames

[ <-Level 150 Olga battle against all Grands-> ]
    Quote Originally Posted by U-Olga Marie
    Uttely trifling! And they call themselves Grand Servants? These are what mankind proudly recommended as their ultimate existences? What a horn and a half! Well... to be fair, they did damage the left half of my horns; that much I will admit. I did not come out of this unscathed. However! The result remains the same: flawless victory for me! This battle has made it clear that this Earth's mankind isn't worthy of being unified under me! I won't overlook their survivors any longer! Time to go confiscate that 'Storm Boarder' or whatever it was called! Muahahahahahaha!
    Olga wakes from the Grand-killing flashback, excited to have learned what a dream is. Everyone is already up and planning the schedule for today's games. There are 8 teams playing, so the finalists will be playing 3 matches. Tepeu and Marine are in the opposite side of the bracket, so they could only face Fujimaru or Olga in the finals. Olga enthusiastically tells Fujimaru about how great she was as an enemy of humanity killing all 7 Grands in her dream. It was a really awkward conversation.

The xoqqer ceremony starts and Team Death Rolling is ready for it thanks to Mash's intense training and tactical knowledge. The "11" Deinonychus brothers consider Mash and Fujimaru two extra siblings.

We're promptly taunted by our first opponent, Great Death Claw, the wacky captain of Team Tah IhGah. She commands a team of destroyers who minimize their ability to hold the ball to maximize the destructive power of their tackles. However, our Team Death Rolling decimates them off-screen without as much as a gameplay battle. All three Chaldea teams advance to the second round, meaning Death Rolling is now up against Olga's Team Scary Eleven.

Scary Eleven scored 100-0 in the first game thanks to Olga's aggressive playstyle and Coach Kotomine's cold-blooded strategies. All we have to compete against this is... actual knowledge of football tactics. This is the de facto finals of the tournament, as Olga puts it.

[ <-Xoqqer match against Olga's Scary Eleven-> ]

Team Death Rolling obliterates Team Scary Eleven because Earth sports are too complicated for Olga. The final is Team Death Rolling vs South American Nautilus. But we have injured players, so Olga asks to replace one. Fujimaru is asked to go to the merchant to grab some ice packs and herbal bandages for our injured brothers.

Fujimaru got safely to the shop, but the merchant can't serve them immediately because he was serving Daybit first. Daybit is getting herbal bandages, yellow cucumber for hydration, peppermint perfume to use as a bat repellant, honey orchids, sturdy vine ropes, and alumite because he's working on a makeshift spacesuit. Daybit thinks Fujimaru's deinos disguise is pretty well-made, even if it doesn't last a whole day. Daybit is here because he's preparing for a journey and you can only find quality goods in experienced shops, so his 1-year-old Mexico City's trade network proves insufficent. Daybit buys Fujimaru a bag of the exact same products he bought for himself.

Fujimaru is full of questions but Daybit doesn't have the time to humor them. He thinks small talk isn't entirely pointless, but it's just not his thing. Daybit tries to leave because the clock is ticking, but Fujimaru begs him to answer at least a question about the Crypters. It actually gets Daybit to stop because the question was not about the Crypters' role, it was about his feelings for his friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daybit
    I don't have a lot of time, but that deserves an answer. Kadoc is doing about as well as he could so far. Ophelia's death was a waste. Akuta's death was inevitable. Peperoncino died alone, bringing an ironic conclusion to his past. Beryl was the only winner in all of this. Kirschtaria's failure happened in the planning stages. Yeah, I know. I will have put an end to Chaldea on my own. I figured from the get-go that I'd have to. But those are just my own impressions. Maybe they helped, maybe not. Next time we meet, ask me a different question.

Fujimaru is back from their grocery trip with a bag much bigger than expected, but doesn't tell Mash about Daybit just yet. Vucub is about to announce the finals but he receives the news that South American Nautilus forfeited the match. This is the first time a finalist ever forfeits their sacred xoqqer match. An unprecedented insult to the ceremony. Tepeu reasons that there's no point in playing the match since we get to talk with the king either way. Marine gets sad that Tepeu forfeited for them without consulting, so he lies that he'll thank the team for the two victories and runs in the opposite direction. Olga demands Tepeu run to Marine and think about why it was wrong to leave him out of the competition while he's at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tepeu
    W-We're talking about a sense of fulfillment that comes with achieving the goal of the collective, an individual's feelings are not particularly important.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tepeu
    (The reason Marine left the group...the reason he wanted to participate in the ceremony... Did he just want to play xoqqer? No, that can't be it. Marine is gifted with a high intellect. While his emotional fluctuations may be intense, he has always been capable of making the right call. He prioritizes the collective and has been taking the initiative in supporting it. So why did he leave the group, even though we have achieved our shared goal? I don't understand. I don't know why, but I'll follow Marine and... I don't understand the reasoning, but I do know that I have made the wrong call.)
    Tepeu gets to Marine who starts beating his chest for interrupting Marine's alone time. His fists are too weak to deal damage, but Tepeu still feels his heart hurt. He apologizes for not consulting Marine and admits to not understanding his mistake, asking what was the problem. Playing a game they don't need to win is just opening themselves to making more mistakes. Marine agrees that Tepeu's approach was correct and that the results were perfect, but results are not all that matters. The process needs to be fun too. Tepeu finally understands, but this line of thought scares him a little on the inside. He can tell Pan-Human History is a civilization that makes mistakes that defy reason and logic.

Meanwhile, in the sacred arena, Vucub rules that the forfeit is to be accepted and that the winners may speak to the Dinosaur King. Vucub recognizes Fujimaru and Mash's faces, but the king says he'll do what the champions want anyway because good xoqqer deserves to be rewarded. Fujimaru asks permission to cross the great plains. The king warns them that they'll die if they come close to Mexico City. And then...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur King
    Damn it, I couldn't see clearly because the veil was in the way. You guys aren't deinos, are you? That disguise is Pan-Human magecraft, eh? You accursed tricksters. Shed those disguises and die.
    Priest Vucub panics, mistaking Chaldea for Ocelomeh, and calls his greatest fighter, Wak Chan.

[ <-Battle against Wak Chan-> ]

Wak Chan is the greatest deinos hero, so the damage we inflicted on him in our fight was minimal. Vucub keeps egging him to fight more violently, but his increasingly gruesome comments cause Wak Chan to stop fighting to tell Vucub how messed up the things he's saying are. Wak Chan reveals that for the longest time, he was planning to quit the fighter job and settle down with the most beautiful woman in Mictlan.
    Priest Vucub: How can you, born with such great power, say something like that!? Even if the King himself allows it, I will never accept it! If you want to keep your status as a fighter, then you must obey me and kill the Ocelomeh!
    Wak Chan: Didn't you just hear me talking about resignation? Besides, I just found my soulmate.
    U-Olga Marie: Hm? What are you doing? Why are you pointing a flower at me? ...is that poisonous?
    Wak Chan: Nice to meet you, somewhat prickly lady! I knew you were the one the instant I was struck by your lighting! Your horns are freaking amazing! After this fight is over, wanna marry me?
    This comedy bit was so funny that the Dinosaur King decides not to get Chaldea killed. He announces to the audience that we aren't Ocelomeh, we are the humans who rode that flying rock from the other day. The Dinosaur King reveals himself to be that human boy from Chapter 5. Vucub insists to the king that Chaldea is still evil and should be killed, to which the king agrees because they're out to end Mictlan, but first he asks Fujimaru to empty their pockets. Fujimaru has Tezcatlipoca's calaveras de azucar, so the Dinosaur King lets Chaldea live. Vucub gives up any further fighting because the Dinosaur King is Kukulkan's chosen one.

The boy asks to talk somewhere else, away from deinos ears. He wants to have a conversation not as the Dinosaur King but as Lostbelt king Tezcatlipoca. Kid Tezca asks why did they come to the Lostbelt. Fujimaru and Mash are hesitant to answer in front of Olga, but Olga herself answers that it's to purge the Lostbelt and find ORT because they 'don't have anything to hide'. Hearing about Olga being an alien, Tezca finds it amusing how the aliens always go for Latin America.
    Dinosaur King: But why are you helping Pan-Human History? Is Chaldea blackmailing you?
    U-Olga Marie: Haah!? Rude! I have no weaknesses they could exploit! I came here to rule the Earth, but there's no point in that if the planet's wiped clean. So I simply decided to cooperate. That's all there is to it. I don't think they're the type to blackmail someone or take a hostage...
    Dinosaur King: I see. So you're interested not in Chaldea, but in their objectives. That's fine. Better that than some stupid reason like sympathy or friendship. But you, Stargazer Tepeu. This is our first meeting. Why did someone who retired to the first level return to here?
    And in the company of individuals from Pan-Human History. You know what they're up to, right?
    Tepeu: Yes. Pan-Human History, Lostbelts, Chaldea, Fantasy Trees... I am still investigating them in my own way.
    Dinosaur King: ... And you do it by joining them on their journey, huh? Fine then, got nothing more to say to you.
    You're free to understand everything, be disappointed and die all alone. If you still call yourself a deinos after all that, the Sun will surely be saved. Alongside your foolish dream.
    Kid Tezca tells he's not exactly the Lostbelt king, just a proxy threatened into defending Chichen Itza. But he's fully dedicated to this task because the doesn't have anything else to do. That said, he won't fight us. He knows it's not worth the effort because we won't be able to eliminate the Lostbelt anyway.
    Mash: Ah, excuse me! You're actually the god Tezcatlipoca, right? Then could you help us restore Pan-Human History?
    Tezcatlipoca: No way. I don't give a damn about Pan-Human History. Why should I side with the monkeys? Dinosaurs are so much cooler! After all, they're the strongest animals who ever lived, right!?
    He will, however, call a porter to take us to the great plains faster, as the xoqqer champions deserve all the rewards he can offer. He tells Fujimaru not to expect to find anyone alive, however. They fell into Ocelotl territory 5 days ago, and good Ocelomeh would have killed everyone by day 1.
    Last edited by Petrikow; December 28th, 2022 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong. But it sounds to me like it is PHH ORT what was sleeping when Earth surface was bleached and LB7 was dropped on his head. So basically it exist now within LB7 as the map surrounding it changed but not him and the conditions WITHIN the LB make it so it have the possibility to awaken early?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    Uh does it? The mats are at least pretty clear on the fact that once it stops you can't restart it.
    Really? Then I don't see why else it's called Chaldea's hope. And the need for a Type to devour it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelious View Post
    Take your pick. So far we have:

- Mash overusing Ortunax to the point where she stops being a Demi-Servant (whatever the hell it means. Is she gonna become a full Servant and leave for the Throne?)

- More Black Barrel shots using up MC's life.

- Kadoc using his Sirius Light and blowing himself up

- Da Vinci finally runs out of life/power/energy/whatever is it she runs on

- Deaths of all Servants assigned to borders

-Sun God and/or U-Olga die
    All the above and ORT still wins.

​Witness The Power Of The... Suicide Squad?

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Really? Then I don't see why else it's called Chaldea's hope. And the need for a Type to devour it.
    It could be that there's a difference between freezing it and actually shutting it down. Remember how in the second opening we saw the earth seemingly cracking (the result of a potential ORT awakening?)- if it was truly stopped it wouldn't be able to do that.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    It's weird how Daybit's Command Spell goes over his pinky. No one else's does that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Shlugo's Avatar
    U-Olga got proposed to by a dinosaur. This is officially the comic relief Lostbelt.

That said, he won't fight us. He knows it's not worth the effort because we won't be able to eliminate the Lostbelt anyways.
    Heard that before.

US Friend Code
    How seriously do you think we should take Castoria appearing as Grand Saber in Olga's dream? It is just a dream, but considering Avalon le Fae Synopsis said she was going to be Grand Saber in the early LB6 drafts, I wonder if this is Nasu saying she still is.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    How seriously do you think we should take Castoria appearing as Grand Saber in Olga's dream? It is just a dream, but considering Avalon le Fae Synopsis said she was going to be Grand Saber in the early LB6 drafts, I wonder if this is Nasu saying she still is.
    I don't see any reason to not take this as confirmation that the original script still holds true, just that it wasn't said in the in-game story. She very much still represents the concept of the holy sword and swordsmen and all that, so definitely fits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

US Friend Code
    That's my stance too. She's basically a living embodiment of holy swords

Grand Rider Taigong tho, RIP any chance of Noah in mobile

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Taigong not only qualifies for Grand Caster but also Grand Rider now, I'd say China won this time.

JP Friend Code
    500595933 | 紅 (pm)
    they just used him since he is a grand candidate, and we have him as a rider class

don't look to deep into it

i mean, who else could they really use
    Chaldea Heroes

Personal skill
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Nikiri has what I dub Blessings of the Boobs, see. As long as what his rolling for has two conspicuous mountains, they'll come to him one way or another.
    Well, fine. Nikiri has this thing called 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikiri View Post
    GundamFSN. Thank you.

Just before rolling I said 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」

First ticket. Da Vinci-chan NP2.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Nemo as a Noah stand in

JP Friend Code
    500595933 | 紅 (pm)
    doesn't feel right, since he is rn in this story chapter, but maybe that's just me
    Chaldea Heroes

Personal skill
    Nikiri has what I dub Blessings of the Boobs, see. As long as what his rolling for has two conspicuous mountains, they'll come to him one way or another.
    Well, fine. Nikiri has this thing called 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikiri View Post
    GundamFSN. Thank you.

Just before rolling I said 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」

First ticket. Da Vinci-chan NP2.