Page 72 of 124 FirstFirst ... 22626770717273747782122 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 2472

Thread: The Holy Schlock War Thread

Blog Entries
    Thinking back on it, I think that was the point of Noihoilpi. "Cheaters never prosper." The God who conned Humanity was beaten by a Human in the end. How else could Humanity beat a God at a game he himself made? Because he cheated his own rules and neglected to mention them. But a shaman proved all the wiser and banished the God to the Moon. The theming of "Humanity overcoming the Gods" was staring at me right in the face and Kublai Khan played her role as the Wise Ruler/Shaman perfectly. That is as poetic a conclusion I can be satisfied with. THIS. THIS IS WHAT BnEl15 and I WAS TALKING ABOUT EARLIER. Granted, Kublai Khan has Protagonist energy and the conceptual advantage from the get go, but THIS IS WHAT IM LOOKING FOR. Random, I adore you for making Kublai.

VIDIDIIIIIIIIIIIII. YOUUUUUUUU. ARREEEEE. BEAUTIFULLLLLLLLLLLLL. I LOVE IT SO MUCH. *tears everywhere*

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well as now Random and Howaito ade on i will look at the other ad try to come up with a oppinion message of Deianiraq .
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Morg van Destro View Post
    Except that's how you wrote him. Vegas is not a gambler as much as he portrays himself as one. He is the house. He is the person who looks down on literally everyone else because he believes himself more clever, more skilled, and more capable than anyone else. He is the god of his domain, unchallenged and undefeated. Even his RM shows he isn't a gambler. A RM is special in that it represents a person's inner world imposed on the real one. Rather than a world where everything truly is based on chance, the world a true gambler would have, his is a world where he will always win. Where he doesn't even have I try and victory is assured. A world where it only appears like he's prepared to actually gamble, where he logically has nothing to fear. He's exactly the type to take the bet because it doesn't matter what she does, he'll always win. And then when he does lose, he throws a tantrum like a child.

He isn't a gambler. He's a con artist.
    While I see your point and that is a fascinating view of Vegas that wasn't 100% intended, he still is somewhat a gambler. He's willing to play even without the NP up. And even if he's arrogant, the situation from his view is that this woman has seen all her friends lose horribly and is now betting everything, smiling confidently. He'll see somethings up IMO. I'm not against him losing in this way, but hmm. Either way, I hope he gets to do some fun things before his loss and jobbing.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually. Fuck it. Let Kublai have her moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Let Nohoilpi die like a bitch after getting to do his "I am the House" schtick. Its both thematically cool and gives him his time to shine.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    This is glorious. The golden route is Mark winning by sheer virtue of trotting his stuff on that spiritron dress.
    Last edited by WhiteFrenzy; March 17th, 2023 at 08:50 PM.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vididii View Post
    Dang. WF might have a point.
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Eyy, thanks lads, was a fun way to unwind from work

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    This is glorious. The golden route is Mark winning by sheer virtue of trotting his stuff on that spiritron dress.
    I mean, we've firmly established that if he isn't stopped early, the Dance begins and a Singularity starts

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Honest oppinion i only like such dressess on women i must say.

- - - Updated - - -

by the way i compliment you Vididii your schlockwar grafic is this time specially Great !
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Thanks man, I stole it directly from Marvel Vs Capcom 1

...I know no cure for evil. DracoScribe's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    OH MY FUCKING GOSH
    THIS IS AMAZING
    UTTERLY GLORIOUS VIDIIDI
    Aand I ran out of other things to say to praise this piece of art. XD

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleScribe View Post
    Oh noooooo. Why on Shiva's bountiful Earth did Markandeya get summoned? It's over. It's all doomed. Alexandria is going up in flames like its library.
    Well then fitting that...

The Reason has to either be: Taira's acting up that needs to be crushed, Kublai's one-of-a-kind Avalon that needs to stay one-of-a-kind, Whatever Nodens is hunting needs to be double-destroyed, Naram's whole existence (BERSERKER VS BERSERKER FIGHT YEAHHH), GARGANTUA'S EXISTENCE, Daidalos is aight in his books actually as long as his second Noble Phantasm does not occur (ha. ha. ha.), [...]
    ...we got a ton of Divine Spirits to act as excuses for Markandeya to be here. XD

But gaaaahh I got a headache yesterday and I'm still recovering so I've only read the ones on Team Gold/Proto-BA.

As such, I have impressions on what Loki=Rod will do in regard to his teammates but that might change depending on if someone on Team Purple/Neo would get Loki=Rod's attention.

But first...
    This! As context for my impressions.

Gajah Merik
    "So you became friends with the snake you fought... Oh, if you only that could've happened with my child...but I doubt Fate would have let such a thing happen. Ahem. You say you like to meditate by lakes, child? What say you to being on the back of a water dweller in the middle of a lake? I can do that for you. Maybe even into a snake too. I feel like you'd enjoy it."

(As a young teen, Loki=Rod likes him by default. In terms of his attitude, he also likes him and probably would have fun with him through both energetic and calming activities)

Vegas/Nohoilpi
    "Perhaps if I was summoned as my other versions, I would have enjoyed his presence. As I am, and his avarice and attitude...I do not like him."

(Hate is too strong of a word to describe Loki=Rod's dislike of him...in his words. Which means while Loki=Rod hates him, it is specifically because he is in his "family god aspect" form, and he acknowledges his behavior has similarities to his, especially in his other forms, so he is also understanding of his behavior)

Gargantua
    "Ah...a child in many ways but size... Oh, the next time I see Merlin, well... Never mind that. More importantly... Hello fellow giant. I might not be completely a giant right now, but I can become one and we can play, if you'd like."

(Likes her the most, feeling empathy for her being stuck in something that she can't change, as well as the urge to adopt her; expect him trying to get her to call him "Dad", "Father" or anything to that effect)

Daídalos' End
    "...I miss my wife and kids... Oh well. Perhaps I can at least have some fun with these two. I know I cannot counsel the father and thus help the son. At least, not with my powers anyway."

(Feels sympathy for the kid and doesn't like Daedalus by virtue of him being "stagnant", aka "cannot grow", but doesn't hate him; seeing the two makes him miss Sigyn and his kids because his kids with her can only be summoned alongside their mother)

Lughaid Lámhfhada
    "Oh, it's you again. Ah, no... Not exactly. Well, either way... Get up, young man! We have work to do. And the sooner we get it done, the sooner you can stop."

(Loki=Rod has a high chance of noticing his "purposefully apathetic and lazy" attitude and thus is going to go with the "I'm not going to ask you what is the problem...so I'm gonna keep bugging you to do stuff because you are obviously depressed and you need interactions to hopefully offset it" method, whether that is a good idea or not is up to debate)

Bhargava Markandeya
    Dialogue 1:
    "Well, pardon the crudeness, but truly 'shit is fucked' now. I know a portent of the end when I see one, so it is best we make sure it doesn't come to that."

Dialogue 2:
    "Someone to signal the end... Not unlike what I did, as much as I hate what befell my family... I appreciate his existence, in a way. After all, that means my end has some meaning to it then, yes?"

Dialogue 3:
    "Yes... It will be a performance this World will see until the Very End. Tell me... Do you answer in the stead of the "Defender of Men"? The one who this City takes its name after? Or are you here in the capacity of the Harbinger of World's End? Both aspects afford my respect to you, but know this. If Shiva wishes this moment of time to be pruned and incinerated from the Universe, then I shall perform as my Dharma demands me do."
    "Hehe... I do not answer to the 'Defender of Men', but I do answer to 'defender of men'. So I'm sure, Sage of Dusk, that you will understand when I say: I'll be doing my utmost to make sure it won't come to that."

(Loki=Rod actually likes the guy, most notably because his dedication to Shiva reminds him of Sigyn's dedication to him even if the nature is not the same, but he knows the "clusterfuck" his arrival means, so he's going to be busy first asking for time then trying to get rid of the problem that caused his arrival than actually interacting with him)

So atm I can see Loki=Rod, upon seeing Markandeya being summoned, basically go "okay i know you're here to listen to shiva and stop this mess buuut...give me three days to see if i can do something about it" as a deal.
    Basically "I can't stop you, and even if I could, I wouldn't, so gimme a chance to try and do something about this so that you don't have to, yeah?"

On the assumption he agrees (otherwise this just leads to "throw everything at Markandeya and die"), and I am assuming such because Simple said he can be reasoned with and out of everyone Loki=Rod I think has the best chance to convince him with words with both his Silvertongue skill and just his general "Team Dad" vibe, Loki=Rod specifically tries to orchestrate things so that he can off Vegas by getting him offed by Team Purple. Mostly because he hates him but also kinda partially because he would be the least cooperative, if not only one who wouldn't cooperate at all, of the group.

So basically Loki=Rod could totally be why the Kublai vs Vega happens.
    Or at least I can see that and I want it because it funny to me that Loki is up to his schemes again.

Once that's done well...I just realized he might be the only one that could be the leader of this Servant group...?

Gajah was a king (from a brief look at a brief telling of his legend) but Ismail said he's a mostly kid atm so he's not much of a leader. Lughaid is trying to be lazy. Gargantua's a kid too. Daídalos End is, well, not much of a leader either, especially thanks to their specialities. And Markandeya is being specifically asked by Loki=Rod to hold back for a bit.

So uh...

I guess being a dad helps with being a leader? So Loki=Rod would be Leader Dad?

Because once Loki=Rod is done with his plot to off Vegas as soon as he can, he'd normally be just following who's the leader of the group, but like...I can't see anyone doing that, so instead he'd probably (at least try to) step up to being the "leader" among the Servants.

Because of course there are the Proto-BA members and his own Master and he'd follow their orders, but like...the Masters are "sort of" supposed to be "non-factor" (right?) beyond "they allow the proper Parameters of the Servants and stuff".

Regardless, again, he'd definitely try to help Hypatia even though she's on the enemy side since she wants to stop the fighting and Loki=Rod is trying to make sure Markandeya doesn't erase this whole thing.

Aaaand that's where I'm stopping because now it's gotta account for Team Purple/Neo so I gotta read them.

But considering what people have been saying about Byatis/Taira-no-Masakado, I feel like Team Gold/Proto-BA is fucked with the scenario I ended up making (that I am self-conscious about because of course) unless Loki=Rod can convince someone that can handle him to handle him and/or get Markandeya deal with him without actually "breaking" the deal he made with Markandeya either (either by outright breaking it or the Markandeya vs Masakado fight destroying Alexandria anyway).
    Last edited by DracoScribe; March 17th, 2023 at 11:57 PM.
    Author of:
    Persona 5: Refraction (SV link; FF.net link)
    "You didn't have to fight for me, you know." "And you didn't have to curl your hair so we'll look even more alike." Ren stared before he softly chuckled, Akira joining him not long after. With one simple decision as a child, Ren Amamiya goes to Tokyo alongside his little sister, Akira. (P5R Sibling AU) (Ren/Ann, Akechi/Fem!Akira)
    Chapter 55 on: April 24, 2024 (GMT +8:00)
    Velvet Throne
    My list of my Servants! Still small for now.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I know you just briefly read it, but technically, Gajah didn't slew the Snake King since he bloody revived him after the fight. Like just full-on resurrected the guy and was like, your forgiven, and the snake king became like his buddy that guards the lake. It's just a minor correction that I wanted to point out

Blog Entries
    Oh whoops. Apologies. Lemme edit it then.

- - - Updated - - -

All right, done. Thanks for the correction!
    Author of:
    "You didn't have to fight for me, you know." "And you didn't have to curl your hair so we'll look even more alike." Ren stared before he softly chuckled, Akira joining him not long after. With one simple decision as a child, Ren Amamiya goes to Tokyo alongside his little sister, Akira. (P5R Sibling AU) (Ren/Ann, Akechi/Fem!Akira)
    Velvet Throne

Blog Entries

"May this War mark the End. Om Namah Shivaya."

His general disposition to his comrades can be varied. Though depending on the circumstances, his attitude towards the concept of Teamwork can range from amicable cooperation to his “Allied Team” to playful rivalry to the “Enemy Team”. Otherwise, he shows no leaning towards either group or even towards the necessities of "Loyalties". As for the mortals that attracted Lord Shiva’s gaze, he has judged each and everyone of them to be suspicious of their intentions. The occurrence of the riotous unrest in the streets only further instills qualms. Could it be that Lord Shiva had sent him here as a test of his Wisdom? Has he been sent to Destroy this World or to Destroy a specific portion of it? He shall ruminate and meditate on this conundrum until his decision is made. What happens in the crucial moments after his summoning can determine the entire flow of the Grail War.

Relationship Matrix
    The Sage hears the words of the Adjudicator of this Grail War. I recognize your- Hm?! The Rishi is quickly swept up by the flow of the Goddess. But Lord Shiva desires- The Goddess immediately denies the Dance-desuwa. But- NO BUTS-DESUWA! The Goddess insists. The Night of the Heavenly Dance is apparently scheduled after the Wedding. But the Dance is to celebrate the Wedding of Lord Shiva and Lady Parvati… The Wedding Planner’s schedule is absolute-desuwa! I… see… I shall defer to your judgment, Lady Hera… Lord Shiva and Lady Parvati watch on in bemused mirth.
    Hail, Befriender of the Seven Headed Serpent King. Your method of meditation is familiar yet never I have in all my Eons witnessed such a form. It reminds me clearly of the River between Worlds. Are you willing to part with your mentor’s teaching? I am willing to part with knowledge of my own. The Sage is always a willing student to those who are privy to knowledge he lacks. The Sage of Destruction’s respect is given to the Sage of Water and his student.
    I know you, Rider of the Seas. I have seen you in the Seas between Worlds. Yes yes, laugh and rebuff me as you like… The Sage’s eyes were stone-cold as they stayed on the God. Tell me… Are you content with your choice? The God denied everything, because being on the sidelines was what he wanted. The Sage shook his head. The Destruction of your Family was not your fault. It was Fated to End. God or not, you could not have done a thing. Then what is the point of having Power? The Sage’s eyes glowed. To choose what comes next. Choose wisely.
    A God who has committed Mahāpātaka. The Great Sin of Thief. A God who created a city meant only for the Asura. A God who imprisoned Humanity to torment and extort. A God who was a trial for Humanity to overcome. A God who bestowed games upon Humanity. A God who gave Humanity a Chance. A God who is- A thief. Without another word, Berserker stepped away. For a game is not a game without a player to play it.

(click)
    The Sage silently scanned the Rider eating at a table stacked with feasts for kings and queens. Determining. Judging. Discerning. Though they are comrades, an uncertainty remains underneath the visage of joy and innocence. He watches as months worth of crops grown by the meek is swallowed wholly with each bite and yet she still hungers. The girl asked why he was staring because it was spoiling her appetite. Are you a Rakshasa? A Rak-wha? His eyes narrowed. A manifestation of Vritra? Who…? You are in the wrong World, Daitya.

… You should have kept your dumb mouth shut. Especially when you’re the one who destroyed mine.
    The Sage can only look on in pity, but what is the point of giving this pity when the two have no need of it? They are forever barred from Samsara. An observation from the Rishi. To eternally reincarnate in forms of metal, they are no different from the Bhūtavāhanayantra. I suppose the treasure that they guard is each other. His eyes linger on them as they work their trade.To reincarnate the Gods into machines, much like the ones from their lands… Could Lord Shiva have sent me here because of them? This hypothetical affront to the Gods is not yet built, but time will tell if the Architect and his Son will succeed… and if the Sage will Destroy it.
    I acknowledge the Trickster who heralds the End. I acknowledge the Protector of the Home. I acknowledge the manifestation of the two as One most resembling Lord Ganesha. I shall listen to your plea. The Mediator of the Hearth gave his compromise. The Sage contemplates their words. Three days. Three Forms of Divinity. The Three Gods of the Trimurti. The Three Goddesses of the Tridevi. I shall allow Three days by your silvered tongue and honeyed words, but no more. Prove to Lord Shiva that this World is exempt from Destruction. Either through the Sword or the Tongue. Only then shall I abstain from the Dance.

Disdain. Pity. Fury. Disgust. A cocktail of uncharacteristic emotions bubbled inside the Disciple before they fizzled like the embers of a forgotten fire. Memories of a mundane life belonging to Shiva flashed before him. It was a halcyon life that had a definitive End. That? That is not an End of the World. It was Oblivion of those Memories. What makes it any different from Destruction? A new World always comes after the End. Oblivion? There is Nothing. Not even the Death he so disliked. Perhaps the rebel leader revels in this contradiction and oxymoron of Memories, but… the Sage now knows why he is here. To grant Absolution to this Soul.
    The two men exchanged looks between each other, determining if their relationship can be something other than “Opponents belonging to the enemy team”. Augh… Guess not, the Knight would say as he draws his spear. Does my character trouble you? It could be any reason why I’m just going to run you through, so does it matter? It’s just business. It was Fate for that Land to End. The Knight pursed his lips. Don’t make it personal, he would say aloud. Don’t pity me, he refused to say. I have drowned monks before, he would threaten. But they both know that was a lie. Then let us see for ourselves if this Sage can drown.
    I have heard of your great deeds, O’ Mighty Heracles. Or rather, O’ Mighty Vajrapani. Is the man from the Bodhi tree still doing well? The Ghost of Heracles cannot help but feel sheepish and embarrassed at hearing a person of great importance sing praise of her husband. Am I not allowed to compliment someone other than Shiva? The Archer stumbled on her words, citing that because she has visited India with her Husband, she knows that she cannot meet the eyes of the Sage for being responsible for killing the bodyguard of the Enlightened One. It was very awkward explaining the circumstances.
    Ah. So that presence was you, King of Heroes. I greet this wizened iteration of you. The Sage bowed. The End? It is a necessary component of the World, much like Death. An aspect both you and I are familiar with. The Lynchpin of Heaven expresses distaste. The Gods have wronged you, this I know. However, I owe my existence to Lord Shiva. The King of Uruk rejects the idea. To… be free? But I am free. How lamentable. It seems the Wisdom of different Lands can often be incompatible. Which is interesting because… did you not visit my Land long ago? Ah. Vimana is being treated well, yes.Two Wisemen exchange words so casually.

Hm? Why are you not on the Gold Team? That… is a good quandary… Why are you not on the Gold Team…? The Sage is at a loss for words.
    The reflection of a God, mirroring the reflections of Mankind. The Sage knows well the Fates of such existences. The God sneered, claiming that he is as much a God as the Sage. Yet you do not Hunt the waters that flow from my head. To taint the waters of the Universe, it is not an appetizing idea at the moment. The God cites his own reasons. You are still a threat to the World. Then Hunt, taunted the God. It is not your Time. The Sage would cite the very same reasons. The God would click his tongue, annoyed before he and the pack/storm lurked away for more exciting prey.
    The two existences are irreconcilable as can be. To deny the Gods is to deny the World. The Gods have ruined the World for me and my people! Retorted the accursed King. The End of your People was through your actions. Actions that were caused by the indifference of the Gods!The Gods’ inactions are no excuse for the folly of Men. Are we not their children? Should they not cherish and treasure their beloved worshippers?! It was a test and you have failed. And they have failed us all!The World should not be victim to your madness. And yet it is destined to be victim to yours!?

Their exchange and inevitable clash can only be described as a Tragedy brought about by the whims of unfeeling Gods.
    To be continued within Route Shiva

AN
    Thanks for the idea to use profile pictures, WF. Thanks for inciting me to do all this instead of my rework sheet for the Rework Contest, Vididii. Thanks for making Kublai, Random. Thanks for the back and forth with Loki=Rod, Draco. Thanks for the inspiration to keep my attention on this contest, Dreamless. Thanks for the inspiration, everyone! I wanted to keep writing, but before I knew it, it's 3 in the morning. I have been blaring Hera's Guilty Gear Marionette for 5 hours straight. Thanks a lot, Kamera! I guess I'll finish Kublai's interaction and the Three Routes (Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva) later today. Good night, sleep tight.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Holy shit Scribe, this is excellent

Blog Entries
    Fuck.

At this rate I actually wanna write the winning result into a multi-chaptered fanfic.
    Author of:
    Velvet Throne

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's truly incredible how close CaS always is to cross the line into actual fanfic or fully-fledged roleplaying without ever doing so.

Blog Entries
    "It is said that Love is War. Therefore, let love and passion bloom in this city, Alexandria, the Bride of the Mediterranean.
    The perfect stage for a festive banquet, for the most worthy of souls to seize their shared destiny~"

True Love Discernment... Initiate! (progress... 0%)
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Can't wait to see who the hell she pairs up with Iapyx.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Real quick, since people have made their relationship lists, I updated the roster post with links to them all at the bottom.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I wish I could write Gajah Merik's relationship post for all the characters in this war though it's a bit hard with him since he is from a really minor folktale on a faraway island. Okay, maybe not that far away, but you get what I mean.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Why would that matter? I know you couldn’t go into depth with lore, but you could easily convey his impressions of them as they are here.