Blog Entries

[FGO JP Event] Illya Castle

Unlock criteria: Clear Fuyuki Event duration: May 24th ~ June 7th
    Webpage: Regular
    Special
    Pickup webpage: Release
    Synopsis
    SHOW
    You had turned on the battle simulator and headed out for training...
    However, what awaited you there was a slightly playful, but rather dangerous mechanical fortress devised by Sitonai.

"I changed the simulator into a sort of barrier.
    If you don't beat it, you won't be able to escape, so... do your best?"

One might well call it a Micro-Singularity where you risk losing your life.
    It goes by the name of "Fuu'un Karakuri Illya Castle"!

Can you overcome the many mechanized stages created by the peerless illusionist invited as the castle's supervisor, and successfully arrive at goal?!

A new festival where the many Servants of Chaldea may get roped into all kinds of silliness begins now!

New Limited 5* Assassin

SHOW
    Class
    Assassin

Legendary illusionist (dark arts) and sorcerer.It's said that her skill was so inhuman, that she seemed capable of temporarily reviving the dead.
    Seemingly enjoys a lot of recognition in the Kansai-area.
    While it's also said that she was a ninja, it's unclear who exactly she served and what she was up to.

Her left eye is a deep crimson, hinting at the mystical nature beneath.

The peerless illusionist and sorcerer. The unrivaled puppeteer.
    One must never gaze into her red, red eye.

KASHIN KOJI
    SSR*****
    Story Summary
    Additional Information
    - This is a box event! Grind away, fellas!
    - The Free Quests and Challenge Quests will be released over the course of the first week.
    The first set of Free Quests are released with the event, and the second are released on the 27th
    Last edited by Petrikow; June 2nd, 2023 at 10:43 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by InsertNameHere View Post
    Um...is there a reason you used the FGO Arcade CM instead of the one for the event?
    Yes, it's called copy-pasting and it's how I create all these threads at the start.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Yes, it's called copy-pasting and it's how I create all these threads at the start.
    Ah, sorry- didn't expect you to respond directly to that post, which is why I deleted it when I realized you fixed it.

Anyway, is this the first time we've seen Illya interact with Sitonai? I think it might be but can't really recall.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Story summary - Prologue

You are using the battle simulator together with the Prisma Illya crew, Danzou and Kotarou. After some banter with the Kaleidosticks, Kotarou reports that they've encountered an anomaly, something that wasn't put into the simulator settings when they entered. Apparently it's some kind of mechanical puppet army, led by a shadow Servant with an unknown class. The enemies start to converge, and your party prepares to engage them.

--- [Battle against <Mechanical Soldiers> + <Mechanical Arhats> + <Mechanical Spiders> + <Shadow Servant>] ---

Your Servants finish off the mechanical puppets and the Servant leading them. What Servant was that anyway? Kuro doesn't think there's anyone like it in Chaldea's databases. Danzou is left in quiet contemplation. Both you and Kotarou notice something is off about her, so she finally spills whats on her mind. Danzou says her memory may not be perfect because of how she is summoned, but that Servant was someone she knows. Somewhere deep within her circuits, she felt something intimately familiar about them. Regardless, Kuro contacts the control room to inform about what you encountered. Mash answers on the other line.

After explaining the situation to Mash, she checks, but can't find anything out of the ordinary. Whatever is happening is within system parameters. It's possible to cancel your simulator outing, but you decide against it, and continue toward the goal you've set for yourself at the end of the forest. However, when you arrive... something unthinkable unfurls in front of you! There stands a Western castle... with a Japanese castle in front? And in front of that castle is a challenge course?! It's seems you've got another festival on your hands.

---

Sitonai calls you over the comms, asking if you're surprised. Anyway, she's the one behind all this ruckus. If you don't beat her challenge courses, you won't be able to leave the simulator. So... it's a death game. The way the courses are built remind you of the enemies from earlier. Sitonai explains she saw what Morgan was doing and thought it was fun, and so she hired a supervisor from Japan to arrange all this. It's gonna be so fun! You take a few seconds to collect yourself before also going 'it's gonna be so fun!' The Prisma girls are amazed at your adaptability.

Sitonai introduces her supervisor. It's the same Servant as the Shadow Servant you fought earlier. Finally, Danzou's circuits click in place. Those eyes are unmistakable! That's the peerless illusionist who created her, the famous Kashin Koji!

Kashin speaks briefly to introduce herself, but you do not feel any warmth in their gaze. No emotions. Almost as if her eyes were those of a dolls. Artificial. Danzou tries to happily converse with Kashin. It's been so long! Look, it's Danzou, your creation! But Kashin shows little response. Anyway, Sitonai interrupts to say that she and Kashin are waiting in the final castle. Get through the courses if you want to escape, byeee~

Well, it's fairly clear what needs to be done at least. Danzou is still a bit shocked at being so ignored. Kotarou assures her they'll just have to meet Kashin directly and speak with her then. That gives Danzou back some motivation. Mash calls in through Chloe's comms again to report some of her new findings. The castles and courses are basically a micro-singularity, even if one inside the battle simulator. Meaning, it'll be dangerous, even if it's inside the simulator. Also... when the other Servants heard what was going on, they started heading for the castle as well... Mash couldn't do anything to stop them.

The first team is Don Quixote and Mordred. Sancho has analyzed the courses already, even if Don Quixote doesn't quite get it. Mordred chimes in and summarizes it as 'do-or-die' which fill Don Quixote with his usual suicidal bravery, much to Sancho's dismay.

The second team is Lancelot, Tristan, Bedivere and Gareth. Bedivere came out of worry for you, but now has to look after his fellow knights. Gareth and Bedivere will have their arms full with the other two knights...

The third team is Nikitich, Habetrot and Summer Ibuki. Habetrot has heard that winning this, you can get a holy grail! Well, that's how it was with the Fairy Knight Cup. Ibuki asks Nikitich about their chances of success, and she's obviously confident in victory. But wait, where did Yaskaya go?

The fourth team is Caenis, Jekyll and Fran. Caenis boastfully exclaims they don't need the holy grail. They'll reduce the castle to the ground! Jekyll asks them to be careful, to which Caenis asks for him to be less friendly with her. Sorry, but he's too used to Mordred... also, Caenis wonders how the hell he can understand Fran. Wait, Caenis can't?

The fifth team is Draco, Locusta and Caligula. Locusta has seen this before! The fear of taking a wrong step... of going through unknown tunnels to arrive at a castle... it's Takeshi's Ca--- stop right there. Caligula is confused. Who is this mushroom girl? Don't worry about her. Nevertheless, Draco is confident in victory!

The sixth team is Romulus, Romulus-Quirinus and Constantine XIV. The two Romuluses get more and more hyped about Rome as they talk to one another, and Constantine is awed at the sight. They ask him not to be so nervous. We are all rome on this blessed day. Constantine swears to work his hardest having received this honor!

The seventh team is Miss Crane, Cleopatra and Caesar. Miss Crane and Cleopatra become busy talking about work-out costumes. The latter is the top model while the former the top designer of Chaldea. Their meeting was all but destined. Their chat leaves even the ever gregarious Caesar without any room to speak.

The eight team is Scathach, Cu Chulainn and Setanta. Scathach has decided to actually participate this time... time to show the warriors of the world what they're made of! Isn't that right, Setanta?! Wait, which one are you talking about here?!

The ninth team is Voyager, Jason and the Dioscuri. Voyager seems excited at the prospects, but Jason is getting cold feet. Anyone who challenges this is just an idiot! The Dioscuri ask if he's going to sit out, then. That's not like the captain of the Argonaut they know. Jason agrees if they're going to help him, but he reserves the right to quit at any time!

And then, like last time, we have Merlin and Taigong Wang on commentary. Joining them this time is guest commentator K. Rasputin (Kotomine with sunglasses). Who could this stranger be? When inquired he answers that he is a simple man, leading a humble life. He does enjoy watching sports and martial arts, however. It's become very easy to watch such events recently, and so he started uploading commentary videos about them. Before he knew it, he had amassed quite the reputation online. Hence, leading up to his role as guest commentator. Competition truly is the flame of passion since ancient times. Seeing it up close is very thrilling. Merlin scolds Taigong Wang for inquiring so much about their guest when they should be asking more about what kind of commentary he will provide. Isn't that right? Sure is! Ha ha ha ha!

From nearby, Sitonai wonders how the hell these people got to the goal already. Kashin tells her they showed up and set up their little broadcast without much of a regard for anything just a few moments ago. Anyway, they don't count as having cleared the courses. Sitonai will overlook them, for now. K. Rasputin asks Sitonai if there are any problems, and she quickly averts her gaze.

The commentators refer to the reporter on the scene, Lady Avalon, who informs that there are a bunch of Servants prepared to act as obstacles.

First among these are Yagyuu, Tomoe, Muramasa and Inshun, a group of Japanese Servants who seem fairly happy to work together.

Second is the super-defense team of Leonidas, Gawain and George. The commentators mull over the latter combination. They'll be scary on defense, but what one must watch out most of all is when they go on the attack!

Third is the team of the two Koyanskayas, who seem bewildered that they're even participating at all. The two start to bicker over whose stupid idea it was to go sightseeing here.

Fourth is the entire squad of Valkyries, who unusually have been allowed to act all independently. They would usually never be all six together. What a valuable experience!

Fifth is Ozymandias, Nitocris Alter and Arash. Nitocris seems unable to hold her nerve in front of Ozymandias, even after he allows her to treat him as her younger brother. Arash can't help but laugh at the situation. Nitocris takes offense, but Arash asks her to loosen up.

Sixth is Gorgon, Shuten and Hessian Lobo. Quite the strange team, but interesting, thinks Shuten. Gorgon disagrees. Shuten admits to liking wolves though. She's ridden quite a few in the mountains before. She offers up some of her booze to Lobo, but he refuses.

And that's all for the obstacle Servants, reports Lady Avalon. Back at commentary, they comment that this might get really dangerous for you. Don't worry though, the safety net of 'all just a dream' Merlin's setup will keep it within regulation.

Back at the castle with Kashin and Sitonai, the former whispers and wonders if perhaps things haven't gotten too out of hand? Kashin is worried Danzou might have taken things too seriously. Sitonai says she could just explain it, but Kashin seems embarassed at that prospect. Please wait until they clear the courses.

Back with your party, you're overwhelmed at the sheer number of participants. Illya worriedly asks if you're going to actually participate. Of course! Can't overlook this singularity. Your ninjas are happy to serve, and pledge to deliver you to the finish line. After some words from Ruby, Illya is convinced to join as well, together with Miyu and Chloe.

Let's go!

US Friend Code
    Thanks again as usual Petri! Really appreciate it

US Friend Code
    These are fun combos, I think the Romulus team, Koyan Team, and Ozy team were the ones that stood out the most. Obv with a lotto this won’t have a ton of plot but cool nonetheless.

Kinda interesting for them to acknowledge Sitonai and Kirei’s stuff, I do wonder how she feels seeing him

I give up. God knows how many refreshes I did to get Kashin to appear in the Friend list, but no luck. The goddamn Mashu bot accounts taking pretty much most slots in the non-friend support list really doesn't help ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Oz1337 View Post
    I give up. God knows how many refreshes I did to get Kashin to appear in the Friend list, but no luck. The goddamn Mashu bot accounts taking pretty much most slots in the non-friend support list really doesn't help ffs.
    Why are you looking for one? Just to try her out some?

Yes. The story so far doesn't let you use her so I wanted to try one, specially if it's 10/10/10.

Edit: Oh wait, Manafusion put his. I can finally try her!
    Last edited by Oz1337; May 25th, 2023 at 01:57 AM.

I CAME FROM THE WORLD BEYOND Some Jerk's Avatar
    Oh boy, Illya versus Illya in a recreation of Illya Castle. This will end well.

Though this is nicely timed, as I've been deprived of Prillya content since the manga is stalled (again).

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Synaptic Star's Avatar
    Kinda annoyed at the five forced supports for the lotto challenge events. What's even the point of rolling for servants? You get to use them for farming and trash mobs most of the time and then in the rare chance you might actually use them for something fun, there's a good chance Lasengle pulls this and seriously limits, if not out right forbid their use.

Like always, I blame Caster Artoria. Summer 5, the first event after her release, is when the whole you can't build your own team thing started becaming common. As if that was their solution to making making content challenging for people who have her but not bullshit for people who don't.
    Last edited by Synaptic Star; May 25th, 2023 at 05:07 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    This 90++ is pretty easy with the damage CE, but really hard without it. Hmmm...

NP2 Avenger Nobu can easily clear it without the damage CE, all the enemies are Divine fortunately.

It requires the usual Buster high requirements of double Koyan + Oberon, swap, BHG and even Arash, so it really kills your party cost and options to raise bond, I wouldn't recommend it.
    Last edited by Oz1337; May 25th, 2023 at 06:53 PM.

Does this one have rotating nodes like lotteries usually do? If so, how long until this batch ends? Have had zero time to even start this yet but want to make sure to at least do this batch once.

It's definitely going to rotate out since there's a one day remaining note on it. Real shame about that tbh, it's a great node.

Illya and Miyu just got their own banner for the event, in case anyone was still wondering if they'd be summonable.

...Sheesh. Tiamat, Draco, and Illya/Miyu over the course of one month? I was still pondering whether or not I'd officially pick up the game when the Arcade collab rolled over to EN, but this may have finally twisted my arm.
    Last edited by Some Jerk; May 26th, 2023 at 06:58 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Your wording makes it seem like you haven't realized that Illya and Miyu have been playable for years now

Oh no I've known that, but I missed both their event and their rerun, and from what I've seen Illya and especially Miyu rarely get a Rate Up, and Chloe would've been entirely missed if they weren't implementing the shop thing to buy Welfare Servants. This put a pretty big damper on my motivation.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    For what it's worth, they started really cramming up the rate ups for everyone after the pity got introduced.

Blog Entries
    I guess I would want Miyu since those free to get tickets doesn't seem to include limited 4*