Page 1815 of 1891 FirstFirst ... 8151315171517651805181018131814181518161817182018251865 ... LastLast
Results 36,281 to 36,300 of 37810

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    That's what leads to OC 1999.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    That's what leads to OC 1999.
    Our power...

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tsugumi View Post
    How would you classify/utilise this elaborate magecraft ritual? tiktok depleted some of the mystery imo by revealing to foreigners that we have a special dance we do, and to us that we're shockingly the only country where you, of course, drop whatever you're doing to assemble on the dancefloor and carry out The Nutbush whenever the song is played, but imo a satisfactory amount of mystery wrt its origins still persists.

fr though until last year I had no idea other countries don't do this... it was very shocking. I think it's just something we all assume is normal and widespread and not unusual at all.
    As someone who had to do The Nutbush every mandatory dance class in primary school, I can conclusively say its a rite of passage to become and remain 'Stralian. A ritualistic form of mass self-suggestion.
    "Yeah. And speaking of Lionheart, guy was a huge King Arthur fan. Grew up hearing legends about Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table for bedtime stories. His court minstrels were always singing about how great Arthur was, too. Guy was a bit of a prodigal son when he was younger, and some even say he roamed all over the place looking for relics of King Arthur."
    "I've heard that as well."
    The chief considered it just another of the anecdotes with which later generations inevitably embellish the life of any hero and did not put much importance on it. Caster's response, however, was almost grave.
    "Minstrel culture grew out of techniques for passing on the oral traditions of the druidic mysteries to posterity... Or so one theory has it. Either way, you'd best not underestimate contemporary song and poetry. If you make someone here something every night as a bedtime story, it's plenty possible for it to alter their soul like a curse, or a blessing."
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries

LADER
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    As someone who had to do The Nutbush every mandatory dance class in primary school, I can conclusively say its a rite of passage to become and remain 'Stralian. A ritualistic form of mass self-suggestion.
    Beautiful... I love it. Also wow, she's dead now. Oops.

Blog Entries
    man i'm glad i'm not from queensland
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

Blog Entries
    Neither am I, but that's the most Queensland thing you can be, really

Blog Entries
    what would the Clock Tower say about the Abraj al-Bayt
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    You know how the Fate/zero manga shows Gilles' "activities" in full detail (ironically making it one of the few official Fate works to show female nipples, and given lack of Illya route, the only official Fate work to show loli nipples; again, I said Fate specifically, not TM, in general)? TFW someone on an Elder Scrolls video says: "Caster Gilles is bad, but not Ayleid bad." in regards to the activities of the Wild Elves that lived in the eventual Imperial province before the rise of the First Human Empire of Cyrodiil.

Also, I said, TFW the Fate/zero manga is one of the few official Fate works to show female nipples, and given lack of Illya route, the only official Fate (but obviously not TM, in general) work to show loli nipples.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Years from now I'm going to cry and laugh at the same time when TM decided to release the new edition PC version of MAHOYO and Tsukihime remake.

Your not a TYPE MOON fan if you don't even own a TM Merch or haven't fapped to a TM character.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    An idle thought, but since in the Nasuverse "Robin Hood" is a legacy character with multiple identities over the centuries taking up the mantle, do you suppose the same might go for his associates? Like there being multiple "Sheriffs" is an easy one since he never traditionally has a name and so him being multiple people with the same job is fine, but what about the others like Marian and Tuck?

Quote Originally Posted by Kamera View Post
    what would the Clock Tower say about the Abraj al-Bayt
    For some reason, I'm imagining a sequence of events reminiscent of the Fine Bros trying to copyright the concept of "react videos". The Clock Tower tries to suppress the name outside of Mecca and attempts to present itself as the one and only despite the fact that the concept of clock towers is a widespread concept throughout the world and many predate it...Wait a second, the Elizabeth Tower only began construction in 1843 so was the Clock Tower called something else prior to that?
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The Robin we have is pretty divorced from those stories so I don't think so. They're probably related to one of the Robin Hoods and that's that.
    Last edited by pinetree; May 29th, 2023 at 02:23 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    The Robin we have is pretty divorced from those stories so I don't think so. They're probably related to one of the Robin Hood's and that's that.
    Hmm...now that you mention it, Extra Robin is pretty atypical in regards to the depiction of Robin Hood. Other than the name, outfit and status as "May King" he doesn't use much else from tradition. Aside from him you have "Locksley" in Fate/Strange Fake who has the aforementioned epithet and the association with Richard the Lionheart. Then you have the "original" Robin Hood mentioned in Extra-Robin's Matrix profile who is the one who said to have died at Kirklees Priory. So yeah, it would appear that the elements of the Hood stories were dispersed amongst the various holders of the title and it would stand to reason that the people associated with him would be no exception.

...That does give me a wicked idea now that I think about it.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I wonder if you got a Robin who was also a Hassan, which side would win out in the end? Would it be an Archer or Assassin? Maybe an Alter-Ego with parts from both?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

US Friend Code
    I'd be curious what would lead to a Robin who was also a Hassan.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I'd be curious what would lead to a Robin who was also a Hassan.
    It'd be a stretch, but it could be workable if you took into account how from the 1800's onwards, retellings of Robin Hood tended to have Robin join Richard the Lionheart in the Third Crusade* and so you could have Robin get tangled up with the Hasans.

*This is also the source of why a lot of modern movies through in a random Muslim Merry Man like the ones played by Morgan Freeman or Jamie Foxx - which was parodied in the Mel Brooks movie with Isaac Hayes as Asneeze and Dave Chapelle as his son Ahchoo.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    *This is also the source of why a lot of modern movies through in a random Muslim Merry Man like the ones played by Morgan Freeman or Jamie Foxx - which was parodied in the Mel Brooks movie with Isaac Hayes as Asneeze and Dave Chapelle as his son Ahchoo.
    I always thought that was done for… um… “inclusivity reasons”.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Would it be an Archer or Assassin?
    I say Assassin because any Robin Hood can easily be an Assassin without needing a Hassan side for it.

Blog Entries
    One last thought about Robin, but the mention of combining him and the Hasans reminded me of how when Guy Fawkes was apprehended, the man who uncovered the Gunpowder Plot branded Fawkes and his men as "Robin Hoods". Obviously this was just meant as a pejorative but it would be funny to see a Robin-Fawkes hybrid Servant.