Page 99 of 782 FirstFirst ... 498994979899100101104109149199599 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    While she's not an actual legend, she is so damn awesome I can't bring myself to care (and you're right about this thread needing more lolis)!
    I know. I love her. But then again, I'm known for having a soft spot for mean-spirited lolis.

My only lament is that she is so damn hard to implement as a Servant. To have to wait 90 days to get those kinds of stats, and for her to be completely vulnerable within the first few days, you'd probably have to summon her months before the War even officially starts (much like the Einzberns did with Heracles), which means the Master has to initially support her entirely on his/her own. It's just not worth it for an Assassin Class Servant, even if she is potentially the most powerful Assassin ever; you'd be better off trying to get a Saber or even a Berserker if you can hande the pain.
    Well, she has to, other wise she would be the most broken Servant in existence. Also, the nature and timing of her Noble Phantasm is taken straight out of her 'legend'; I didn't have to make anything up. In the story I intended to use her in, Caren would have summoned her by literally trolling the Grail System into summoning an impossible Servant. But you're right, Tianshan Tonglao is impractical as a Heroic Spirit for many reasons. I just wanted to stat her~

That said, is the pic of an actual character from some anime/manga or is it an original character created by the artist?
    It's a depiction of Tianshan Tonglao created by a Chinese artist. The text on the right reads "Tianshan Tonglao", and the paper strips in her left hand are Life and Death Talismans. In her tale, she can inject her ki into other people's bodies with the talismans. She can then inflict the struck people with incredible pain at her whim, and she uses that as a means to subdue them and bind them to her will. She's kind of a sadist, you see.

Into that mountain we go! Gaterjhonz's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If someone were to create a Hitler Rider, would Blitzkrieg be a proper NP for him?

and another horrible servant idea from me since I'm a horrible horrible person (i.e. wrong weight/height):

Spoiler:
    Name: Bruce Banner/The Incredible Hulk
    Class: Rider
    Alignment: Lawful Good/Chaotic Neutral
    Height: 189cm/250cm
    Weight: 72kg/450kg
    Game/Anime: The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction

Statistics:
    -Strength: C (A+)
    -Endurance: B+
    -Agility: B
    -Prana: C
    -Luck: A+
    -NP: A

Class Abilities:
    -Riding: B
    The ability to ride/manipulate mechanical contraptions with relative ease. However, riding animals is out of the question due to the year the spirit was born in.

Skills:
    -Librarian of Stored Knowledge: B
    Knowledge gained through studies and prodigious intelligence. Being a scientist, Bruce Banner had a natural understanding of Radiation, especially Gamma Radiation and its effects on the human body.
    -Anger Suppression: B
    The ability to suppress anger and block sources that cause it. Skill that Bruce Banner perfected to subdue the inner monster hiding from inside him.

Noble Phantasm:
    -The Incredible Hulk ▪ Creature of Ultimate Destruction
    Type: Anti-Unit (ownself)
    Anti-Unit
    Anti-Army
    Anti-Fortress
    Target: 1 ~ 99
    Range: ???
    Result of being exposed to deadly gamma radiation, a serum that was injected into him when he was young, and his own explosive rage. When evoked, Bruce Banner turns into a green skinned abomination, capable of tearing down entire cities and rampaging through army formations with ease. Gains D+ rank Mad Enhancement, an E rank Independent Action, and an A rank Insane Strength. Lasts until mana is depleted or when Rider calms down sufficiently.
    Last edited by Gaterjhonz; May 21st, 2012 at 05:07 AM.
    Not so Mega Sig, now properly spoilered
    Spoiler:
    [20:39] <Fishie> I'MA GO PUT HER UNDEREWAR ON MY HEAD LIKE A SALARY PERSON
    the whole story here

A travel Advisory:
    Spoiler:

Come visit the 7th Dimension--Where nightmares dreams are made into realities

[23:50] <Sieg> Gater is golddigging deviant?

[11:59] <TheoReforged> I KNOW WHO YOU ARE NOW
    [11:59] <TheoReforged> YOU'RE .... ROADBUSTER!
    [12:00] <@Leo> i'm sorry but that's retarded
    [12:00] <Irondefiler> *cricket sounds*

Beast's Lair's own Dwarf Fortress succession game is now recruiting mighty able dwarves, sign up if you have what it takes!

Blog Entries
    Too weak.

Also needs a noble phantasm called 'puny god' that is super effective against diety type characters with long monologues.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple View Post
    Too weak.
    Meh, just cobbled him from scratch and what little knowledge remained from playing Incredible Hulk: Incredible Destruction on the PS2 centuries ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Apple View Post
    needs a noble phantasm called 'puny god' that is super effective against diety type characters with long monologues.
    wouldn't that by chance include Gilgamesh?
    Spoiler:
    the whole story here

A travel Advisory:
    Spoiler:

Beast's Lair's own Dwarf Fortress succession game is now recruiting mighty able dwarves, sign up if you have what it takes!

Blog Entries
    Maybe, but it specifically prioritizes all enemies with the name 'Loki'.

Blog Entries
    Hn, point taken, also

Spoiler:

Yeah that was one of my favorite scenes in the movie
    Spoiler:
    the whole story here

A travel Advisory:
    Spoiler:

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Funny, one of my first reactions to that scene was replaying it in my mind with Herc in Hulk's place and Gil in Loki's.

Got to agree with Apple. Hulk is way too weak (he should have equal physical stats to Herc in just about everything save AGI and even that's debateable given Hulk has Speed Freek in his Rogue's Gallery and he has managed to tag the guy in the past), and he really has no business being summoned as a Rider over a Berserker (you need either at least B Rank riding skill or a famous steed and while Hulk was never my favorite comic book as a kid, I don't recall Banner having the technical skill to pilot a wide variety of vehicles so his Riding shouldn't be B Rank). Plus, no mention of how he gets stronger as he gets angrier, and you neglected to mention one of his most important but often unmentioned comic book abilities. He can see ghosts and spirits and similar things, including the astral form of Dr. Strange. He should have the power to see astralized Servants. I get that you based him on his movie/game incarnation, but as someone whose read the comics, even if Hulk isn't anywhere near his favorite Marvel hero, it's kind of disappointing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    He should have the power to see astralized Servants.
    All Servants have that ability, though. :V

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    You could say he has presence detection, like being able to sense concealed Servants like Assassin.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    All Servants have that ability, though. :V
    Whoops! I somehow forgot that.

Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    You could say he has presence detection, like being able to sense concealed Servants like Assassin.
    Eh, not really. He's been snuck up on plenty of times in the comics. He just so happens to be capable of seeing spiritual things.

I remember in one flashback issue, I forget during whose run it was but one of the Kubert brothers was doing the art, it was revealed that Bruce had actually killed his father. The guy was an abusive bastard and had actually killed Bruce's mother when he was a little kid. Years later, after Bruce had grown up but before he became the Hulk, they had a confrontation at Bruce's mother's grave, and Bruce shoved him hard, causing him to fall back and crack his head on his wife's tombstone. Bruce was totally freaked out about it and suppressed the memory of the incident until later on. Whoever forced him to confront that memory in the flashback (I think it was his arch-nemesis, Mercy) told him that as the Hulk he could see spirtual stuff like Dr. Strange's astral form because he had subconciously given himself that power when he transformed (in addition to his subconcious desire to express his rage and be strong so no one would ever push him around again) in the hopes that if his father ever started haunting him, he'd be able to see his ghost coming. So, yeah, the Hulk can see ghosts and stuff cuz' he's secretly afraid of one ghost in particular.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Name: Boudica of Iceni
    Class: Berserker
    Other Classes: Rider
    Alignment: Chaotic Mad

Parameters:
    Strength: C (B)
    Endurance:
    D (C)
    Agility:
    C (B)
    Magic:
    B
    Luck:
    C

Legend:

Boudica was a tribal queen, ruler of the Iceni people of Britain, circa 60 AD. Her husband had allied to the Roman Empire and upon his death his will had been to leave the territory of the Iceni conjointly to the Roman Empire and to his daughters, in order to continue his lineage. However, that was not to be the case, as Roman law did not allow for inheritance through the female line, and his will was promptly ignored. Though she protested the Empire annexing her tribe’s lands Boudica was flogged and her daughters raped for railing against Roman law. Infuriated by the Roman treatment of her family and her people, Boudica incited a revolt and led an army of tribal warriors through three cities, slaughtering over 70,000 Roman citizens as her savage army sacked and burned the cities to the ground.

Eventually a Roman military force of 10,000 confronted Boudica’s army and despite being outnumbered ten-to-one the Romans managed to defeat the Iceni warriors through coordinated military tactics, proving deadly in their efficiency against the unorganised hoardes of the Iceni. Boudica found the idea of capture by the Romans so unbearable that she killed herself in the midst of the battle, but went down in legend as the fierce Iceni queen who rallied against the Romans. Returned to the battlefield, Boudica is still filled with the wrath only a savage queen can muster, and it is her most hearty wish that the Roman Empire be crushed to rubble for its misdeeds.

Class Skills:

Mad Enhancement (C): Under Mad Enhancement Boudica’s fury is great enough that she is stripped of the ability to think or speak properly, but in return it boosts STR, AGI and END by one Rank.

Personal Skills:

Riding (B): As Queen of the Iceni, Boudica would travel everywhere on her chariot, would wade into battle upon it and was never far away from a vehicle she could ride. At this level of Riding she is able to ride any vehicle with great aptitude, save for Phantasmal Beasts.

Eternal Riding Mastership (C): Boudica’s years of chariot warfare have seen her become skilled enough to fight from her transport and control it no matter her condition, whether she is under the influence of alcohol, caught up in the frenzy of battle, or even under the effect of Mad Enhancement, suffering only a minimal loss of skill in her Riding regardless of her mental state.

Terrible Scream (B): This skill harnesses all of Boudica’s hatred and fury towards the Roman Empire for its annexing of Iceni territory and unleashes that fury in an unbridled scream. It temporarily robs those who are unprepared for it of their clarity of mind, inflicting a negative mental influence that reduces AGI and most concentration-related skills by one Rank for a short period of time. Those who can suitably defend against mental influences are able to ignore this, but under the effect of Mad Enhancement it is treated as Rank A, making it harder to resist and causing the effect to last longer.

Chariot of Andraste
    The Queen Who Would Challenge Rome

Type: Anti-Unit

Description: The war chariot which Boudica would ride into combat, a glorious chariot given to her husband as a gift by the Romans themselves. Dedicated to and blessed by the British goddess of victory Andraste, the chariot is drawn by two great steeds and is equipped with scythe-wheels, a common Persian design that appealed to Boudica as it allows her chariot to tear and shred people she charges at, as an attack matching the Phantasmal Rank of her chariot. Because she is not summoned in the Rider class her chariot Phantasm is a full rank down from its ordinary strength and the horses are not able to leap over enemies, so it is limited to traditional ground mobility, but it can maintain an excellent speed and allows Boudica to swing her giant longsword wildly in one hand as much as she’d like, the momentum effectively granting her a Rank Up for Strength when attacking with her sword from her moving chariot, and as long as she is on the chariot she receives a + Modifier to her Endurance.

Tribal Revolt
    The Wrath of the Iceni

Type: Anti-Army

Description: As the Queen of the Iceni Boudica is able to call to her side the lingering wraiths of her most fearsome Iceni warriors, the savage fighters who were never quite Heroes, never quite remembered by history. However, she remembers them, even in her wild rage, as it is those people, her tribe, who she fights on for. With enough of an expenditure of prana she is able to temporarily pull those tribal wraiths into corporeal form, a horde of up to twenty warriors, and no less than three. As they are wraiths they are the most basic of warriors for the most part, with Parameters of Rank E to D and no skills to speak of. However, because they are manifest wraiths dragged to this world by Boudica’s memories, they gain many of the characteristics of Boudica herself, reflecting her Skills (at a reduced Rank) as well as the full benefits and weaknesses of the Mad Enhancement class ability. If Boudica is feeling particularly frenzied and wildly unconcerned about her prana consumption she is even able to invoke reflections of her Chariot of Andraste Phantasm, granting each of her warriors a Rank C chariot to fight upon, as this is the chariot she remembers best. However, this is an all or nothing deal, so either all her wraiths have chariots, and the compounding prana drain, or none of them have one.

DESIGNER NOTES

- I picked Boudica as someone who would embody the original intent of the Berserker container, to take a weak Servant and boost its power dramatically at the cost of increased prana consumption, and I feel like I managed to come up with a relatively unique way to go about it.
    - When I thought of Boudica’s savage horde it just seemed like a natural fit to give them that mindset due to a shared Mad Enhancement, which would in turn strengthen them whilst also consuming prana at a stupid rate, as a good Berserker should. Any mage who contemplates trying to summon the full horde of 20 wraiths, enhance them with ME and then give them all Phantasmal chariots is essentially suicidal.
    - It's worth noting that without a Command Seal it's Boudica who chooses how many wraiths to crystallize, and whether they have chariots or not. And under the effect of Mad Enhancement it's a fair bet to assume that she's not going to be overly concerned about her Master's prana supply.
    Last edited by Vagrant; December 18th, 2012 at 02:20 AM.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hm, reminds me of my own Boudicca I made a while back (even with the same name for the chariot, lol). Except, the Boudicca I made is more focused on crashing through things and being a Rider-class Servant.

----------------------

Servant: Boudicca
    Class: Rider
    Master: Francois

Background: In the first century AD, she was a warrior queen of the Iceni tribe of Britain who, according to her late husband's wishes, left the leadership of the tribe to his daughters and the Roman Emperor. However, the Romans instead conquered the Iceni kingdom and raped Boudicca's daughters. In response, Boudicca led an army against the Romans, famously riding into battle on a chariot. The Iceni burned down several Roman towns and defeated the Romans in a number of battles, but eventually were defeated at the battle of Watling Street near Londinium (modern day London). Instead of allowing herself to be captured she killed herself, or she fell ill and died. She is a harsh but understanding ruler that ultimately wants the best for her people, and reigns with intelligence and charisma. She has a burning hatred for all those of Roman descent, and gains bonuses in battle when engaging Roman targets.

Class Skills:

Riding – A

Magic Resistance - D

Personal Skills:

Eye of the Mind (True) – C

Nature of a Rebellious Spirit – A

Charisma - C

Noble Phantasm(s):

Chariot of AndrasteFlaming Steeds of VictoryB+
    Anti-Fortress

On her chariot, blessed by the ancient Briton goddess of victory Andraste, Boudicca charges her enemy, crashing into them as a massive fireball. The farther and faster she drives her horses to go, the greater the effect. The residual fire caused by the friction of the chariot's wheels can damage enemies in addition to the initial shock damage. It is essentially a relatively low-damage attack with high “penetration power” meant for doing great damage to buildings and cities, but not as much to individuals. As a result of it being partly the embodiment of the Iceni tribe's destruction of Roman towns and cities, it has the property of being hard to manoeuvre, but at the same time having high destructive potential.

God's War HornFreedom's Signal - C
    Anti-Unit

Blowing this horn, Boudicca causes herself and her allies (including her Master, if they are near!) to temporarily rank up in END, LCK and MGI, while reducing by one rank the same stats of enemies. If a foe's rank in END or MGI is E, then they cannot bear to fight Boudicca and run from the battle - unless they are Mad Enhanced or have the Bravery skill. This is the same horn used by Heimdallr, the Norse god, and later was passed on to the knight Roland under the name of Oliphaunt. It may have an even older ancestor.

Stats:
    Strength - C
    Agility - B
    Magic - D
    Luck - C
    Endurance – C

--------------------------

This Boudicca would go well with a Master who had a bunch of magus buddies or puppets or something, to improve them with the Horn's magical stuff. speaking of that horn, it was sort of a random addition based on Celtic myths or warriors or something. I can't exactly remember at this point, but it certainly pits well enough.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

I like both Boudicca's, but I do wonder what is up with the horn. For an NP weapon that technically isn't named, you sure gave it one hell of a history behind it!

And it's weird that you put so much effort into her when she ended up being one-shotted by Caesar-ko in her debut, though I guess it's not that surprising. We are talking about a woman who lost despite having a nearly 10-to-1 numerical advantage. That has got to rankle her pride like nothing else!

Also, Vagrant, if her wish is for Rome to be ground to dust, does this mean she does not know that the Roman Empire eventually fell and fell hard, or does she know and simply doesn't care due to Mad Enhancement?

Blog Entries
    She initially has no idea (like how Rider didn't know the Earth was round until he looked at some maps) but she'd still want to wipe away any traces of the Roman Empire's successes since her death. It'd be a disastrous wish actually, as it'd alter our road systems, sewerage, language and all that jazz. Presumably another culture would rise and bring that stuff about, but she essentially wants it so that the Empire collapsed and vanished like a lost civilisation.

But why should she care? She's MAD.

As for your Boudicca, Five, a flaming chariot is exactly what I'd initially planned when she was going to be a Rider, before I decided I needed another female Berserker. Boudica-hivemind?

The Horn is a bit odd, and considering its wide-ranging Rank alterations I'm almost surprised it's Rank C. Almost, but not, because I've heard MPII is rather wild.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    The Horn is a bit odd, and considering its wide-ranging Rank alterations I'm almost surprised it's Rank C. Almost, but not, because I've heard MPII is rather wild.
    Unfortunately for Boudicca, the debuff and buff are only quite temporary, so the horn basically works as a large, short burst - something she'd use before a charge of her chariot, for example. A decent enough Servant could kite her to death with ease, however, since her Chariot lacks the same maneuverability that Alexander's Gordius Wheel has, and also this chariot can't fly. It at least makes up for those flaws by hitting pretty hard and being on fire, though. :P
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Next one! A Berserker, because those are always fun.

CÚ ROÍ MAC DÁIRE
    Servant: Berserker (Caster, Ruler?)

Height: 242 cm
    Weight: 190 kg

Alignment: Neutral Insane

Appearance: A giant of a man; this mountain of chiseled muscle and rough, squared features in no way gives the appearance of a legendary spellcaster. Messy, curly black hair barely caressed the back of his neck, some loose locks also cascading over his narrow, intensely bright green eyes that seem to be locked in a permanent glare. Wide and smooth spaulders frame the dark breastplate that adorns his torso over the body suit that covers his body from neck to wrists and ankles. A long cloak of animal fur covers his whole body, rendering only his head visible most of the time. Despite being a magus, he is proficient at physical combat with and without weapons, but he carries no offensive equipment as a Heroic Spirit, often relying on Gradation Air to create a weapon should he need it.

Strength B --> A
    Endurance B --> A
    Agility B --> A
    Magic B --> A
    Luck D --> C
    Noble Phantasm B

Class Skills:
    * Mad Enhancement: Raises basic parameters in exchange of hindering mental capacities.
    E – Due to being summoned by a woman, Cú Ruí refused the benefits of Mad Enhancement. In exchange, he retains a normal capacity to think and communicate. Specific stimuli—such as meeting his killer or the imposition of an unacceptable command—may force a Luck check. Failure triggers madness equivalent to Rank B—his normal rank if summoned by a male Master—with the parameter modifications shown above.

Personal Skills:
    * Rune Magic: Knowledge about this type of Magecraft that originated in northern Europe.
    A – Cú Ruí can skillfully use multiple runic alphabets and even combine them harmoniously for intensified effects. His Elemental Affinities are Wind and Earth. . Complex spellcasting not possible while under the effect of Mad Enhancement above rank E.
    * Shapeshift: Refers to both borrowing bodies and appearance change.
    A+ – Monstrous transformations that further enhance Cú Ruí’s physical prowess are possible. Furthermore, even one’s presence as a Servant can be concealed. Transformation into creatures of the Dragon Kind remains impossible. This Skill is unusable while under the effect of Mad Enhancement above rank C.
    * Territory Creation: The skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus.
    A – Creation of a “Temple”, which is superior to a “Workshop”, becomes possible. Unusable while under Mad Enhancement above rank E.

Noble Phantasm:

Fir Fer
    The Hidden and Invariable Truth of Men

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: --
    Maximum number of targets: 1 person

The nature of Cú Roí nigh-invincible body was not revealed in any of the tales including his name. It was a mystery even in his time, and all sorts of bizarre explanations for it were brought up for consideration. The one thing most people got right is that Cú Roí’s almost-complete invincibility is a result of Magecraft: Cú Roí’s pinnacle mystery achieved in his lifetime; a highly-specific application of the Second Magic born from years of dedicated development and expansion upon his works of teleportation, long-distance casting and reaching into different worlds. Even with all his knowledge, talent and dedication, this single, specific splinter of the Kaleidoscope was everything he could achieve. However, even the tiniest shard of this unreasonable mystery can prove unexpectedly and immensely powerful.

While the nature of the phenomenon is incomprehensible, the result is something that can be described as ‘Diffraction of Personal Destiny’. Cú Roí, at all times, can be considered not a single entity, but two parallel entities in anti-phase, bound to the same point in space-time by a highly constrained application of something resembling Multi-dimensional Diffraction Phenomenon. As a consequence, whenever a particular effect acts upon Cú Roí, it can only be considered to act upon one of the two co-located Cú Roís, let’s say Cú Roi-A. Furthermore, the moment there is a variation in one of the Cú Roís’ status, the automatic nature of this application of the Second Magic kicks in and acts to return the simultaneous existences to an identical state, virtually ‘copying’ and ‘pasting’ the form of the ‘unchanged’ Cú Roí-B upon the altered Cú Roi-A, drawing upon energy from parallel worlds to achieve this if necessary.

The consequences of this bizarre magic are extensive. Cú Roí cannot be harmed by any single, individual attack. He can only be distinguishably harmed by coordinated pairs of simultaneous attacks or supernatural area-of-effect attacks--which effectively can be seen as ‘multiple simultaneous attacks from multiple directions’. In the same manner, killing Cú Roí requires inflicting two simultaneous lethal strikes. No ‘instant-kill’ technique will work, either, unless it comes in a pair.

Fortunately, the Grail System can compensate for this so that a single Command Spell still works on Cú Roí, most likely because elements of the Second Magic were involved in its design.

Background
    The legendary sorcerer-warrior of the Ulster Cycle, whose death at the hands of Cú Chulainn would lead in consequence to the Hound of Ulster’s own. He was known as a magus with a bizarre and extensive set of skills: an uncanny shapechanger capable of assuming the shape of all sorts of monstrous beasts; a demon possessing the mysterious and miraculous power to survive having his head chopped off; a tremendously powerful warrior capable of reinforcing his massive body to imbue himself with the strength to fling massive boulders as if they were mere pebbles; a wonder-worker capable of commanding his mutable magical tower of stone from anywhere in the world; a mysterious existence capable of stepping into the ephemeral Otherworld at will. Since the age of seven to his death he consumed no food or drink, sustaining his body merely with his massive prana. With his spells he shaped stone at will and swallowed his enemies in the darkest mist. In some legends, he makes himself unkillable by hiding his soul and its connection to his body in a separate container (an apple in the belly of a salmon, of all things). Regardless, in the Ulster Cycle, Cú Roí is an universally feared and respected warrior-mage, and aspects of his legend would reappear in Welsh folklore and Arthurian narrative.

In life he was a very proud man; his poise constantly reflected his absolute confidence in his magic and martial prowess. Proud as he was, though, he also possessed a profound sense of fairness and honor: he refused to fight an exhausted, badly wounded Cú Chulainn with the argument that killing Cú Chulainn like that would that not his, but Ferdiad’s victory. Despite having sent troops to the aid of Queen Medb of Connacht, he did not personally join the war until a warrior that his soldiers could not beat finally showed up to the aid of Cú Chulainn. He respected only true strength and bravery, and it is his most famous tale which branded him as am impartial and fair judge of heroes.

However, this stern ruler, wanderer and judge died with regrets. He does not particularly regret dying at the hands of the Hound of Ulster--he would certainly not mind a chance for a proper, one-on-one rematch, though. He does not even mind the dishonorable, conniving nature of the plot that led to his death--if anything, it is a point of pride that it took that to kill him. What he regrets above all things is that his death came as the consequence of something as inane and irrelevant to the grand scheme of things as his wife’s wish to ride another man’s loins. All his knowledge, all his power and all his potential for achieving great things were snuffed out of the world because the woman who was rightfully his lusted for a younger, wilder sort of man. It was no ridiculous “love-at-first-sight” that drew Cú Chulainn and Bláthnat together; it was nothing but the raw, physical attraction between a virile man and an impressionable woman. It is for this reason that, to the Heroic Spirit Cú Roí, women are no longer a ‘target of affection’, but merely a ‘tool for personal satisfaction’. He can acknowledge them and partake in the pleasures of the flesh, but the “weaker” gender will forever remain the half of humanity that can never be trusted.

Cú Roí’s wish is very simple: he wants the chance to live the life that was, to his eyes, unjustly interrupted. He asks not for immortality: he merely wants the full lifetime he believes he deserves. He only wants time.
    Last edited by Daneel Rush; January 26th, 2013 at 05:08 AM.

Blog Entries
    Wha? Second Magic twinning? I love coincidences like that, one of my Assassin Zabaniyas was to bind himself with his djinn twin (The Grine or Qareen), and this negated damage in much the same way, requiring simultaneous damage to actually injure him. Yours is more awesome though, because Second Magic and all that jazz.

Given how you describe him I take it this was Ilya's replacement Servant, and I have to admit, he's quite awesome. It's weird to see a Berserker who functions perfectly well as a Caster, but apt for a Master like Ilya. I am fond of this guy, he'd definitely make for an interesting Servant to face down in a story.

Blog Entries
    I always had the impression that Cu Roi's immortality came from him dumping his soul in a salmon that surfaced every ten years, but the second magic works too.
    Last edited by Apple; May 22nd, 2012 at 05:22 AM.

Daneel brings us the goods yet again! The funny thing is, I just mentioned his son as a possible Lancer in the Fate/Zero anime thread! I was thinking of doing him later this week, but after reading your take on his father, I am almost getting cold feet! I do have three questions though.

1. Shouldn't Mad Enhancement lower his Luck, not increase it?

2. If he was intended to be a Servant summoned by Illya in some story, as Vagrant suggested, wouldn't she have just forced Mad Enhancement on him anyway. For that matter, couldn't any Master just force Mad Enhancement on him?

3. You mention that he doesn't mind that he was killed by Chulainn, even though Chulainn resorted to trickery. How does he feel about his son avenging his death by resorting to schemes and magical weapons?