Page 71 of 142 FirstFirst ... 21616669707172737681121 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 2824

Thread: Beam's Drabble Dump

Death is only the stepping stone to success. Santo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Old_Iron View Post
    How about spaghetti and meatballs?
    *narrows eyes* a worthy opponent.
    I say Shirou and Setsuna should go a on a world trip, gathering recipes and sampling cuisines to further embroil Shirou into the ideal that is Sailor Chef.
    Sailor Chef...later he meets a future version of himself, telling him to drown in his sauce and die. xD

Ahahahahahahaha! Hymn of Ragnarok's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    I suspect that, in Hitler's case, it'd have had some success, since the whole system was very Hitler-centric. In the case of Japan, probably far less so, because there wasn't a single figurehead who was causing and controlling the war, but rather the entire government.
    Have you ever heard of a martyr Mike? That's what Hitler would have become. The Germans loved him.

I really doubt killing Hitler would have stopped the war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam

IS THIS REVENGE, HYMN? REVENGE FOR ALL THE ABUSE I PUT YOU THROUGH?
    That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

JESUS WANTS A HUG! The Sylentnight's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Santo View Post
    Sailor Chef...I later he meets a future version of himself, telling him to drown in his sauce and die. xD
    Archer: Your ability to conceptualize the basic flavoring of the stew is weak!

EDIT: ^ I'm pretty sure remembering hearing about something not all of them loved him. They just never said anything because they were to afraid at what might happened. Though i can be wrong about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riven View Post
    You can't see the future. You can just pray that the decisions you make are the right ones. That's what it means to be a commander.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodyle
    It's natural for Rin to surround herself with beautiful women, and natural for Shirou to be everyone's bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Neil Watts
    God, why is it so hard to be a smart ass these days?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
    I think my bookmark link is broken. I clicked for Beast Lair and instead arrived at Spacebattles
    I am vaguely ashamed of myself.

not enough to stop though.
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....

That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Another Day At the Office Riven's Avatar
    Not really. Targetting civilians with the deliberate intent of killing them is just not acceptable, in any circumstances.
    If by killing some, you save the lives of more who would have died had the war gone on, then have you justified yourself?

Maybe, but there were plenty of occasions where the benefit to the progress of the war did not come close to justifying the casualties caused.
    I would love to hear your concrete forecasts as to how many lives would be worth destroying a city for. No commander knows the true outcome of his raids. Civilian casualties vary widely from planning to execution. The actual impact of destroying certain facilities can only be ascertained after the fact. All we can do is give it our best estimate, chart up a plan, and give the go ahead. After that, it's out of our hands.

That refinery we attacked? Yea, turns out that high winds spread the flames to the nearby town. Casualties were three times as high as what they should have been.

Those ball bearing facilities we destroyed when we carpet bombed the city? Turns out the germans had a good stockpile already and by the time they ran out the factories were back up and running again.

That monastery we leveled? Apparently intelligence was faulty. Enemy paratroopers were in the countryside next to it instead of holed up inside. Now the place is destroyed and the enemy's burrowing into the rubble.

You can't see the future. You can just pray that the decisions you make are the right ones. That's what it means to be a commander.

Blog Entries
    Most worthy indeed.

Sailor Chef...later he meets a future version of himself, telling him to drown in his sauce and die. xD
    This made me laugh far too hard.

I'm sure Setsuna will enjoy the results of his training. And imagine the glory. The undiluted awesome that Shirou and Makoto could conjure up together in the kitchen.
    The Art of Shipping is as profound as it is dangerous; not for the faint of heart nor the weak of will, it makes gods and devils out of us all.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Have you ever heard of a martyr Mike? That's what Hitler would have become. The Germans loved him.

Honestly, I think you're overestimating his popularity. He wasn't unpopular, by any means, but I don't think he would have become a "martyr". I mean, it's a war, killing the enemy is kind-of expected....

JESUS WANTS A HUG! The Sylentnight's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That is a freaken great quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodyle
    It's natural for Rin to surround herself with beautiful women, and natural for Shirou to be everyone's bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Neil Watts
    God, why is it so hard to be a smart ass these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post

Look how well it worked for the British during the Sudanese conflict. Bad idea.

Blog Entries
    Most worthy indeed.

This made me laugh far too hard.

I'm sure Setsuna will enjoy the results of his training. And imagine the glory. The undiluted awesome that Shirou and Makoto could conjure up together in the kitchen.
    Even if it were just as bros!

Could be romantic or otherwise.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Aiden's mind is a scary place, but this part is nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    I dunno, I quite like Aiden's mind.
    .....Damn yo-

NO. NO I WILL NOT SAY IT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmyn of Ragnarok
    Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Semi-Random Pieces and Drabbles

Diaries of a Youthful Maiden

??? - new project, coming soon (by Valve time)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    Even if it were just as bros!

Could be romantic or otherwise.
    They could open a restaurant together as husband and wife.
    The Art of Shipping is as profound as it is dangerous; not for the faint of heart nor the weak of will, it makes gods and devils out of us all.

Honestly, I think you're overestimating his popularity. He wasn't unpopular, by any means, but I don't think he would have become a "martyr". I mean, it's a war, killing the enemy is kind-of expected....
    I think you've severely underestimated it. Hitler was one step from a religious figure. He was seen as the man who had taken Germany from the hellish days of the Weimar and turned it into a superpower. Nationalism ran at record highs, surpassing even the days of Bismark, and he was at the forefront of it all. Propaganda enhanced his image, and his own presence was hypnotizing to the masses. Nazism was the religion of the state. Killing him then was tanamount to a declaration of war. There were already plenty of men who could have stepped up, and this remained true until at least the reversal of fortune brought by El Alamein and Stalingrad when homefront Germany began really feeling the strains of war.

Once the war started, it would have been impossible for Allied forces to pull off an assassination with the level of intelligence and espionage capabilities they had back then. The only feasible way was from his inner circle, which of course it came from, in the form of the awfully executed Operation Valkyrie. Perhaps then, when several senior commanders were already disgruntled with the losing war, would peace be attainable.

Blog Entries
    They could open a restaurant together as husband and wife.
    ... you're... you're really making it hard for me to keep shipping him with Hotaru.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Aiden's mind is a scary place, but this part is nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    I dunno, I quite like Aiden's mind.
    .....Damn yo-

NO. NO I WILL NOT SAY IT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmyn of Ragnarok
    Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Semi-Random Pieces and Drabbles

Diaries of a Youthful Maiden

??? - new project, coming soon (by Valve time)

Blog Entries
    Given the videos that shows him getting standing ovations, the Hitler youths, and the way people would just throw parades on a nice sunny day and call them Hitler days.....no. I really don't think I am.

He was absurdly popular. It's how he got what was essentially complete power over Germany, IIRC. He did good work for the Germans (from a certain point of view) such as the infrastructure and setting up roads for the purposes of military vehicles. He gave the Germans their pride back after it had been trampled and stomped into the dirt at the end of WWI. The Treaty of Versailles treated the Germans like dirt.

This wasn't something people shrug off and say, "All's fair in love and war." They weren't so apathetic then.

EDIT: Sniped. But I shall allow it, for Riven strikes me as a learned source of information.
    Last edited by Hymn of Ragnarok; June 21st, 2012 at 08:28 PM.

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.

Blog Entries
    RE assassination: think of it this way, if it were possible, it would have been done.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

... you're... you're really making it hard for me to keep shipping him with Hotaru.
    Instead of Haruka and Michiru adopting Hotaru it's Setsuna who does it so as to give Shirou a little sister.

Hotaru with watery eyes and pouty lip: Shirou-nii-chan
    Last edited by Chojomeka; June 21st, 2012 at 08:29 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors

http://hijiribe.donmai.us/data/cbf7e...9ca5623c7f.jpg
    Last edited by warellis; June 21st, 2012 at 08:29 PM.

Blog Entries
    Ah, but here's the beauty of it. Hotaru can work with them.

If its the Makoto Route, husband and wife restaurant with adorable little sister helping out.

If its the Hotaru Route, bros restaurant with adorable wife helping out.

Death is only the stepping stone to success. Santo's Avatar
    he is an awful person like that ain't he? :P