View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1276 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 2767761176122612661271127412751276127712781281128613261376 ... LastLast
Results 25,501 to 25,520 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    There's also the annoying part that Trump's claims there have nuggets of truth in them. China did know about this being a pandemic-level threat and waited to tell the rest of the world about this after it had bought out what was considered the surplus medical supplies from the rest of the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Also, China has nukes, and I really doubt Russia wouldn't get involved in some way.
    You mean the entirety of Eurasia? Nobody's going to be able to sit a conflict like that out on a national level.

It's a WWIII scenario.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Blog Entries
    I have to imagine team biden is right now licking their chops.

The best, easiest, and most successful argument of 2018 was protecting obamacare. And today Trump issued an order going against that liberal bastion of thought, attorney general Barr in which the president stated that indeed the DOJ will be arguing to fully overturn the law in September and October, as opposed to recommendations from the AG that he maybe DON'T do that in the middle of a pandemic, one to two months before the election.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Terminal stupidity. Problem is, it kills more than just the moron.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I have to imagine team biden is right now licking their chops.
    Eh.

Team Biden has been so downright somnolent that I can easily see them failing to take advantage of this as well.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingeR View Post
    Eh.

Team Biden has been so downright somnolent that I can easily see them failing to take advantage of this as well.
    I just went and checked his twitter page. He already commented about it and I rather imagine he already has the guys cutting a few ads.

also I was reminded anew that his currently pinned tweet is from the 24th stating “I can’t believe I have to say this, but please don’t drink bleach.”

which is still pretty funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Being part of the event, I must say we have bought supplies from the world way back in late January using civilian efforts. Things were not looking good, so we just buy stuff overseas as well as at home while our relatives abroad also sent loads of equipment baxk. Logic tells you that government that are selling the stuff will investigate, but nope. Foreign newspapers are busy selling us as weak men of Asia again, and online mobs are rousing angers in people to riot and overthrow the government by spreading lies about how our makeshift hospitals work. Some even believe this is China's Chernobyl and run wild with the theory. Some even say this is a virus that will only affect yellow skins.

Look, your government do not believe in China, so act accordingly to what she is doing and not what she is saying. If you can put this on us, we can put H1N1 on you, but nobody has the guts to offend the USA who has money, guns and nukes. Chinese nukes must be joke to the West, and how Trump and co. acted and how the people are responding is convincing me that Trump might just use them cause he is stupid, and people will applaud his decision cause it is easier to admit that they screwed up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    The lie doesn't become true, you know. This isn't the Nasuverse. It just means his supporters don't care if it's true or not. If it comes to blaming China, it doesn't mean much. If it comes to acting against China, it's an entirely different problem. Just the logistics of moving troops, training troops, deploying troops in the middle of a damn plague clearly shows such a thing to be a fool's errand. Without any kind of engagement. And I mean really, what goal would you have? Try to liberate Taiwan and Hong Kong and occupy the South China sea indefinitely as punishment for a supposed lab accident?

That's a damn forever war. Afghanistan would be a joke compared to that. No one would win and everyone would suffer, even those not involved in the conflict.
    If USA can start a war on Iraq over washing powder, what makes you think they will not just do the same to China? No one can hold them responsible for the shit they have pulled.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    If you can put this on us, we can put H1N1 on you
    https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...-pandemic.html

The US already says that H1N1 deaths can be tied back to the US, so what point exactly are you trying to make here? The US didn't buy out the world's stock of medical supplies all while lying to the world about the initial outbreak.

I mean, I don't care if you have nationalistic pride or anything, but at least own up that China acted in a completely selfish manner when it came to coronavirus. That doesn't somehow absolve any wrongdoings of others related to the pandemic.

- - - Updated - - -

If USA can start a war on Iraq over washing powder, what makes you think they will not just do the same to China? No one can hold them responsible for the shit they have pulled.
    Simple. Neoliberals don't want to do this because it'd fuck up their bottom line since they wouldn't be able to exploit cheap labor anymore. Not like China is the immediate go-to anymore when it comes to that.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, if you're mad about not trusting China, China digging itself into a hole like the this doesn't help.
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    There is no zero new cases in China. Everyday, we are informed that that are non symptomatic cases in China still, sometimes one and two new case and all contact tracing are being shared with us. We are now doing more tracing to find non symptomatic cases as well. In addition, Guangzhou and Heilongjiang are high danger areas, the formal because of the delicate issue with Africans and the former because of people sneaking back to China using unlawful methods from Russia.

While there are screw ups with handling, don't forget we were ground zero, and information has been updated rapidly as well. At least we buy the stuff legally and not stop these goods from reaching people who bought them using different reasons.

Blog Entries
    Things were not looking good, so we just buy stuff overseas as well as at home while our relatives abroad also sent loads of equipment baxk.
    Yeah it was super cool how I couldn’t buy masks in Japan for literally months because the department store shelves got strip mined, boxed up, and mailed back to China faster than anybody could react and implement one pack per household policies lol

Blog Entries
    Yeah it was super cool how I couldn’t buy masks in Japan for literally months because the department store shelves got strip mined, boxed up, and mailed back to China faster than anybody could react and implement one pack per household policies lol
    Yeah. From what I know, students studying abroad organized and took the initiative to buy stuff up and send them back home. It was the height of the epidemic and the believe was preventing the spread in China can stop make matters worse. Back then, both the CCP and civil population in China believed that America's CDC will be able to stop the spread faster and better than us while helping their allies to do so, so we were pretty much on the idea that we are on our own.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    There is no zero new cases in China. Everyday, we are informed that that are non symptomatic cases in China still, sometimes one and two new case and all contact tracing are being shared with us. We are now doing more tracing to find non symptomatic cases as well. In addition, Guangzhou and Heilongjiang are high danger areas, the formal because of the delicate issue with Africans and the former because of people sneaking back to China using unlawful methods from Russia.

While there are screw ups with handling, don't forget we were ground zero, and information has been updated rapidly as well. At least we buy the stuff legally and not stop these goods from reaching people who bought them using different reasons.
    I'll grant that the meme missed some context there, but it was to the claim of no new cases in Wuhan Province at the end of April.

https://time.com/5827924/wuhan-coron...izations-zero/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    I'll grant that the meme missed some context there, but it was to the claim of no new cases in Wuhan Province at the end of April.

https://time.com/5827924/wuhan-coron...izations-zero/
    Oh, you mean that. But seriously, if closing up the city for months don't lead to such result, we are all doomed. I' not in Wuhan, but in other places, we were given one chance per week to do our groceries, while all regions are divided up. Wuhan forbid even that and had people deliver stuff after their region make a balk order. In addition, once we realized how powerful the spread is, people with cases but not serious enough to be hospitalized are send to the make-shift hospitals to prevent spread to their family, and when their condition worsened, they are sent to the hospital.

If such strict methods doesn't have the effect, we are dead by now. They are now tracing for non symptomatic cases though, and people are still wearing masks here.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It all boils down to Trump administration not wanting to admit that tough quarantining measures still work, because it would make them look incompetent at best and murderous at worst.

So they start spewing propaganda saying that there must be tens, hundreds of thousands of dead that China is not reporting. Because if China can stop the spread and the US can't, that's bad PR.

Turns out, totalitarian regimes do have a ton of bad things about them, but it seems that fast, radical response to an emergency isn't one of them.

From my point of view as a Western citizen, since Jan 23 (Hubei lockdown), and more particularly Feb 12, which was the moment China started reporting all untested compatible cases as COVID (which is more than most Western countries are doing even today!), China has been doing the right thing as far as it can be seen (sure there may be some ugliness hidden inside, but it's, well, hidden).

The current trickle of new cases in China may be a sign of some underreporting, but it's unlikely that there's any ongoing major outbreak now (you just can't hide this kind of pandemic).

Before that? Sure, there were a few weeks of shadiness that can be blamed on a number of things - local government wanting to downplay the outbreak, CPC trying to throw a veil of secrecy and handle it as an internal issue before it blew out, a general lack of information about the nature of the outbreak... but that's a far cry from a casus belli.

In fact, to be fair to China, I think most Western countries would have handled a novel outbreak about as badly as China did, if not worse (just look at the current situation).

The only real major shadiness was the silencing of whistleblowing doctors IMO; that was a disgusting totalitarian display and I hope it comes back to bite some Chinese government leaders in the ass in a major way.

As a final observation: blaming China for hoarding supplies is kinda stupid, since every country and their dog has been finding themselves in the same situation and done even shadier shit. And the list goes on. And on.
    Last edited by aldeayeah; May 7th, 2020 at 04:12 AM.
    don't quote me on this

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    That's morbidly hilarious

Germany and France both steal masks

US steals masks from both of them

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingeR View Post
    Eh.

They will break a low vote turnout record...

Quote Originally Posted by Saiga View Post
    That's morbidly hilarious

Germany and France both steal masks

US steals masks from both of them
    Most countries inside the EU have done at least some mask stealing of their own.
    Last edited by AsGryffynn; May 7th, 2020 at 07:17 AM.

Blog Entries
    But... but you can't call Western countries doing that stealing. Only China steals. Fake news.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    They will break a low vote turnout record...

Most countries inside the EU have done at least some mask stealing of their own.
    The only reason why we didn't do much of it in Spain is that we're logistically disadvantaged. It's been save your ass, fuck the rest everywhere
    don't quote me on this

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    As a final observation: blaming China for hoarding supplies is kinda stupid, since every country and their dog has been finding themselves in the same situation and done even shadier shit. And the list goes on. And on.
    Nah, this isn't something you can deflect with a "both sides" argument. China's actions before announcing some modicum of truth about the pandemic directly led to the problems countries are facing now. That doesn't mean that countries aren't guilty when committing shady shit, but they're mostly forced into the situation of doing shady shit because of China. The rest is bullshit globalist policies because whoops, guess the supply chains died.