Page 788 of 805 FirstFirst ... 288688738778783786787788789790793798 ... LastLast
Results 15,741 to 15,760 of 16094

Thread: Prisma Illya

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Killua View Post
    Bribes you with a Prillya chapter to make you stop mentioning Index NT spoilers
    Blame (Thank?) insomnia for this release. Turns out I can translate stuff when I can't sleep if it means I can enjoy seeing Sakura suffer.
    P.S: I did not check the other translation so I don't know what they did (It would obviously influence my translation if I checked it so I didn't).
    **************dex.org/chapter/cccaf1a...759cb0f77a73/1
    Thanks again for your hard work Killua
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

I CAME FROM THE WORLD BEYOND Some Jerk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Killua View Post
    Bribes you with a Prillya chapter to make you stop mentioning Index NT spoilers
    Blame (Thank?) insomnia for this release. Turns out I can translate stuff when I can't sleep if it means I can enjoy seeing Sakura suffer.
    P.S: I did not check the other translation so I don't know what they did (It would obviously influence my translation if I checked it so I didn't).
    **************dex.org/chapter/cccaf1a...759cb0f77a73/1
    Thanks again, killua. I appreciate you still doing your thing even when others are doing it too.

One of the small, yet major differences between killua's and momoniki's translations: replacing "what's happening to me" with the past-tense "what happened to me". This made the chapter click for me, because now it's more clear that Shirou is trying to remind Sakura of what happened and why he has to put her down. The other translation using present-tense made it look like Shirou was completely ignoring that Sakura showed a sense of self and just went on the attack like an asshole, which was a bit bizarre when set next to the flashbacks.

US Friend Code
    Reading all the discussion about Shirou and Sakura's fight has me wondering again how things will play out from here.

From a thematic standpoint, executing Sakura would throw things off course. It's clear that neither her nor Shirou are in their right minds, both numb to their emotions and acting out a false wish, which is exactly what magical girls fight to correct. Unless I'm overlooking something, no battle thus far has ended in a cold-hearted killing; in fact, there's always a powerful moment of catharsis for the defeated/fallen.

Would love it if Miyu interrupts and mediates the conflict; she's stepped up a lot since becoming the main heroine, and has the will to move us toward the true happy ending route.
    Illya was meant to be the exception, sacrificing herself to bring hope to the present with Pandora; but with many still feeling traces of their connection to Illya, and especially with Miyu's vow to bring "that person" back, everyone on the planet (the people Illya called her "treasure" before becoming a fairy), will likely be needed to summon her back to this world.

Not sure if the Throne will be involved before or after the summoning, or if Illya will bring Chloe back from such a place with her, but it would be fitting for Illya to be summoned as a Hero that everyone believes in.

After that, having them all rally together to unravel Darius's twisted wish, which set the story in motion and brought everyone here, could be really satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by StarlightStudios View Post
    Thanks for another great translation, Killua. I really enjoyed it ^^

Love the humor in this post too, lol.

Hope things are improving on your end.
    Glad to hear that, you're all welcome. Can't say things are improving at all haha but sometimes doing something different (translating) can serve as a breather before going back to your depressing shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Jerk View Post
    Thanks again, killua. I appreciate you still doing your thing even when others are doing it too.

One of the small, yet major differences between killua's and momoniki's translations: replacing "what's happening to me" with the past-tense "what happened to me". This made the chapter click for me, because now it's more clear that Shirou is trying to remind Sakura of what happened and why he has to put her down. The other translation using present-tense made it look like Shirou was completely ignoring that Sakura showed a sense of self and just went on the attack like an asshole, which was a bit bizarre when set next to the flashbacks.
    If I were to translate it literally it would be in the present tense, but the previous page had Sakura saying she was seeing a dream all along, hence I infered the question to be about what happened to her, leading to her present state that she also ignores (it makes sense since Shirou starts explaining what happened to her before, how she died, leading up to the current situation where she became a living corpse).

Incidentally this is also one of the reasons that make translating something someone else is translating suck too because there's lots of stuff you translate by "reflex" because that's how it sounds right to you, so when it gets compared to someone else's translation you may or may not really have a concrete explanation of it ^^;
    Last edited by Killua; July 1st, 2022 at 06:04 AM.

Odd for meafter calling her borin several times , but , i would like for Miyu to come in Now and contribute a more compassionate POV in what looks like a final confrontation of two people not in rigth mind . Or Rin..now tat would be a twist

Miyu interrupting the conflict would probably lead to a better ending, but unfortunately she's very preoccupied fighting a giant eldritch abomination right now. Rin though, I can definitely see having issues with seeing her altworld sister get brutally killed by her altworld crush... and screwing everything up because she's too cynical to go for a saving throw like Illya.

While we're talking about bad endings, here's my troll theory:

Spoiler:
    Illya will eventually manage to save everyone, restore everyone's memories of her, and even bring Chloe and Sakura back from the dead... but she herself will manage to be the only one who dies despite Miyu fighting tooth and nail for her, for seemingly no reason.

And as the manga ends, we get a caption:

"Quantum Time Lock: Illyasveil von Einzbern dies in the year 200X. (No, Chloe von Einzbern doesn't count.)"

Remember how Illya dies (or will die) in all of the original fate/stay night routes? Nasu didn't forget and made sure Hiroyama knew that this is actually a fixed point in time. There is no saving Illya.

...That horrible idea has been living in my head rent-free for a good month or two. Yes, it's a cruelty I wouldn't put past Nasu. No, I don't think Hiroyama will actually do it.

Inactive
    Blog Entries
    Miyu interrupting the conflict would probably lead to a better ending, but unfortunately she's very preoccupied fighting a giant eldritch abomination right now. Rin though, I can definitely see having issues with seeing her altworld sister get brutally killed by her altworld crush... and screwing everything up because she's too cynical to go for a saving throw like Illya.

Spoiler:
    Illya will eventually manage to save everyone, restore everyone's memories of her, and even bring Chloe and Sakura back from the dead... but she herself will manage to be the only one who dies despite Miyu fighting tooth and nail for her, for seemingly no reason.

"Quantum Time Lock: Illyasveil von Einzbern dies in the year 200X. (No, Chloe von Einzbern doesn't count.)"

Remember how Illya dies (or will die) in all of the original fate/stay night routes? Nasu didn't forget and made sure Hiroyama knew that this is actually a fixed point in time. There is no saving Illya.

...That horrible idea has been living in my head rent-free for a good month or two. Yes, it's a cruelty I wouldn't put past Nasu. No, I don't think Hiroyama will actually do it.
    "Well, if a tragedy has been repeated over and over, it is just a cheap comedy." The Joker (probably)

US Friend Code
    Miyu's fighting an Eldritch abomination?! *Goes back and checks last Miyu scene* Maybe if we count the headless Giants, but she just low diffed the group of them who were after Julian...and the area around her is empty and open after that. Two more rose from the mud in short order but that ain't nothing. That said, Miyu drops a line like she's about to fight, so her focus will probably stay off Shirou and Sakura for now.

Like the idea of Rin fighting for her Alt-Sister and Alt-Crush, so would be happy with that. Better to have someone already in the area shine than pull another character who just established their presence on another battlefield. Plus, I think it'd be nice if Rin primes this group for summoning Illya; just like how Miyu and Beatrice will prime the one's they're with. Since the story's start, Rin has gradually let her mage mentality fall away before the beautiful selfishness Illya displays. Seeing her lean into the magical girl mindset more, subconsciously or otherwise, would be really fitting.

As things play out a bit more for each group, I imagine Darius will become increasingly preoccupied with Pandora, to the point where the Giants will go inactive for a time. This would give everyone a chance to regroup once they're ready and able to bring back Illya. The common thread that brought them all together and left her indelible mark on their hearts. The ultimate magical girl who will even reach Darius's heart.

Troll Theory Thoughts:
    Spoiler:
    Wouldn't expect another death at this point. Mainly for thematic reasons, but also cause there'd be no time between the killing and resurrecting, which would feel cheap and pointless.

That caption would be a good meme ending for Prillya. I've heard many say Illya is fated to die within, or relatively soon after, the FSN routes. I've only played Saber's route to completion, and haven't noticed/seen whatever suggests Illya would only live a few more years at the end of that one. In fact, Sella comments how there's nothing to threaten a homonculus's lifespan as long as the planet remains green and there's mana in the air within Hollow Ataraxia. But maybe that's a general rule that doesn't apply to Illya.

@StarlightStudios
    Regarding the homunculus lifespan
    (not much of a spoiler but will still put it in tags )
    Spoiler:

As far as I can tell that is more of a theoretical thing than a practical matter.
    Like the existence known as a homunculus doesn't inherently have a set lifespan but being artificially created beings they can have unexpected flaws that get in the way of living longer. The technique of modern mages isn't perfect.

For example, Justeaze Lizrich von Einzbern was apparently very weak physically despite her potential lifespan. And while this doesn't necessarily effect her lifespan FSN Illya won't age past a child. Probably the same for Prillya but well there are some unconfirmed things with her.
    Also doesn't help that mages will perform dangerous experiments to try and boost magical abilities not just on homunculus but in general.

As for FSN Illya (not much of a spoiler but will still put it in tags )
    Spoiler:
    The stuff done to make her a stronger mage and master to win the war also had a negative effect on her lifespan

TLDR. Potentially they have no lifespan but only if nothing kills them and mages don't do anything else to them.

- - - Updated - - -

Spoiler:

Doubt that but it wouldn't surprise me me if there was actually a rule about the maximum number of heroines that can survive in any route.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quantum Lock? We Doctor Who now? Aren't all those things just paper-thin plot devices used for drama but can be broken whenever the plot allows? Got a problem with the time-space continuum. Dragon-break it. To a true hero, even the dragon god of time should be their bitch... Yes, Daggerfall reference, although the time god being a dragon is surprisingly common, what with Fire Emblem.

I just want to watch lolis despair.

598,535,004 (NA)

Inactive
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Broke View Post
    I just want to watch lolis despair.
    Go watch madoka instead...

Quote Originally Posted by StarlightStudios View Post
    :
    Spoiler:
    I've heard many say Illya is fated to die within, or relatively soon after, the FSN routes. I've only played Saber's route to completion, and haven't noticed/seen whatever suggests Illya would only live a few more years at the end of that one.

Those statements are in HF and the Tiger dojo onsen , Fate route is trying to sell a "happy" life for shirou so it doesnt hint at Illyas expiration date.
    And as FHA says Leys has a operational limit of 12 hours a day or else vague negative consequences

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    Those statements are in HF and the Tiger dojo onsen , Fate route is trying to sell a "happy" life for shirou so it doesnt hint at Illyas expiration date.
    And as FHA says Leys has a operational limit of 12 hours a day or else vague negative consequences
    Where does it say that about Leysritt in FHA?

Same scene where all this Homunculus lifespan stuff is from , the stay at illyas mansion at night scene where you "go to sleep cursing sella"

Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Quantum Lock? We Doctor Who now?
    Have been since Fate/Extella.

Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    Where does it say that about Leysritt in FHA?

spoiler for size

i guess the consequences werent as vague as i remember

also the statement is "A PERFERCT homunculus" so not just any random one

spoiler for size

US Friend Code
    @Onereader271,
    @madarra,

Gotcha. That clears things up nicely. Just applies to the theoretical/perfect homonculus.

From what I understand then, Illya is the Einzbern's greatest creation, but not a perfect homonculus. Or if she was, implanting additional magical circuits to make her the strongest Master, as well as having the functions of the Grail, cost her that trait. Either way, she was created to die during the war, so makes sense if a long lifespan was never part of her design.

Don't expect this topic will be brought up in Prillya, but imagine it'll end in a way that we assume Prillya lives a normally expected lifespan.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Illya is also younger in Prillya than in FSN. Her FSN counterpart is 18 while her Prillya self is 12 (I think? maybe younger? can't remember). Even if she had all the expiration dates from FSN, she'd still have a bunch of years to live after the story's conclusion.
    IMO tho, Illya's definitely returning. So will Kuro. The only characters I actually worry might not make it are the focus of the chapter: Sakura and Shirou. Not a big possibility, but one I think is there.
    But it'll probably be fine.
    burn your dread you coward

According to wiki lore, Illya, and Miyu and Chloe by extension, are 11. They started the series at 10 and had their birthday on-screen. Meanwhile, Illya in stay night: Heaven's Feel finished the story at 18 and was confirmed to only have one year left to live.

I recall asking in the thread a while back about how homunculus things worked in this series, specifically about Irisveil. I actually wasn't sure if there were homunculi in Kaleid, and only recently learned that Illya and Irisveil are still homunculi in Kaleid because Illya in Grand Order has the "Child of Nature" skill, which is basically the game's way of saying "this is an Einzbern Homunculus". Kaleid doesn't explore it at all (in fact "homunculus" isn't even mentioned), but no corrupted grail bullshit to taint the homunculus presumably lets Irisveil and Illya live longer.

Irisveil having been totally skipped over as a Grail Conduit in favor of Illya in this continuity means she could have a ridiculous lifespan. Illya and Chloe, on the other hand, are a lot less clear: they haven't turned 18 yet so we don't know if/how they age, they've actually used their Grail Conduit power more than once, and then there's this "Illya the fairy getting yeeted through time" business.

Spoiler:
    Watch Illya age normally because of wishing Chloe out of her body, while Chloe will still look like a child at 100 years old. And they'll still fight over who's the big sister.
    Last edited by Some Jerk; July 5th, 2022 at 08:03 AM.