Page 3775 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 277532753675372537653770377337743775377637773780378538253875 ... LastLast
Results 75,481 to 75,500 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    are we still talking about this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Well, no new updates have been unveiled yet. Unless someone wants to spoil some Interludes that haven't been done yet, or perhaps go back to some of the previous events and give off summaries for them, this is probably the best one can do right now.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehennahem View Post
    If you want me to be honest, I feel that's a modern day issue with readers who feel that writers just cannot write a story or even say something without influencing people to agree with their POV or to prove something anymore.
    And those new readers now believe that Kinoko Nasu or Sakurai or Hisagihide now have something to say and people have to listen to them... when they have nothing to say, they just thought of something they found intriguing and just want people to THINK on it.

It's like that art is completely lost that instead of being told what to do, people don't understand that some writers just want you to either listen to a good story or stew on a good point, not to convince you but to make you think outside of the box.

As people have later stated, Kirschtaria was primarily HOPING this would fix the overall issues with Humanity and believed it with such conviction that it would happen, Holmes uses a decent counter-argument and Kirschtaria gives no real response past "Maybe but I hope it works through anyway" and Holmes knows it's a lost cause to argue further and that's it. Holmes didn't give up because Kirschtaria made a good point, it's just that Kirschtaria already made up his mind and that's that.
    It's there to make you think that maybe Kirschtaria has a good point and to be frank? He does have one as Pepe and Kadoc agree that Kirschtaria's plans may be best for Humanity at large, even when Beryl up and kills Kirschtaria, it's not meant to be "Oh see? Kirschtaria's plan would never work" because that wasn't the point of that scene, Beryl killing Kirschtaria is completely shown through the reason he did so:

He wanted to kill people for the hell of it and having the vast intelligence to make it moot would be anathema to HIM. It's not a shut down by Nasu, it's fully showing that Beryl never made a good point, he's a monster who WANTS to be a monster, the absolute worst of Humanity. Like I cannot understand how people think that's supposed to be what Nasu or any other writer somehow think that's what the answer to Kirschtaria is supposed to be from their perspective.
    What the hell did you think I've been doing this whole time if not thinking outside the box, then?

In any case, I didn't say it was the answer either. Really, the answer should have been Guda who neither needed nor wanted to be a god to stop Goetia and all of the Beasts up until this point. That said, people like Beryl are the reason why I would never trust anyone with godhood no matter what supposed benefits to their intelligence might come with it. Nobody should have that kind of power, either in the Nasuverse or anywhere else.

And quite frankly I don't think Kadoc or Pepe thought his plans all the way through, either. Apparently thinking about unintended consequences is a lost art.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Thank you all so much for the entertainment.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Castellan's Avatar
    This website is free.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle sentence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehennahem View Post
    If you want me to be honest, I feel that's a modern day issue with readers who feel that writers just cannot write a story or even say something without influencing people to agree with their POV or to prove something anymore.
    And those new readers now believe that Kinoko Nasu or Sakurai or Hisagihide now have something to say and people have to listen to them... when they have nothing to say, they just thought of something they found intriguing and just want people to THINK on it.

It's like that art is completely lost that instead of being told what to do, people don't understand that some writers just want you to either listen to a good story or stew on a good point, not to convince you but to make you think outside of the box.

As people have later stated, Kirschtaria was primarily HOPING this would fix the overall issues with Humanity and believed it with such conviction that it would happen, Holmes uses a decent counter-argument and Kirschtaria gives no real response past "Maybe but I hope it works through anyway" and Holmes knows it's a lost cause to argue further and that's it. Holmes didn't give up because Kirschtaria made a good point, it's just that Kirschtaria already made up his mind and that's that.
    It's there to make you think that maybe Kirschtaria has a good point and to be frank? He does have one as Pepe and Kadoc agree that Kirschtaria's plans may be best for Humanity at large, even when Beryl up and kills Kirschtaria, it's not meant to be "Oh see? Kirschtaria's plan would never work" because that wasn't the point of that scene, Beryl killing Kirschtaria is completely shown through the reason he did so:

He wanted to kill people for the hell of it and having the vast intelligence to make it moot would be anathema to HIM. It's not a shut down by Nasu, it's fully showing that Beryl never made a good point, he's a monster who WANTS to be a monster, the absolute worst of Humanity. Like I cannot understand how people think that's supposed to be what Nasu or any other writer somehow think that's what the answer to Kirschtaria is supposed to be from their perspective.
    Yeah, this is pretty much what the story tries to convey.
    Thank you, so I not have to write off the same xD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    InsertNameHsre here seems to be fine with just being human with all the flaws, and being presented with ideas to be anything else offends them.

At the end of the day, it's a fictional story, and the ideas it present don't dictate what people should follow or believe, they are free to either agree or disagree with what it tells.
    I feel he's anti-transhumanist troll, hating on Kirschtaria (a character) because he tries to do something good. Like those people in the past hating on machines because "they will take our jobs".

Thankfully, real transhumanists wouldn't ask people when (and if) the technology would be created ;D

Because if humanity's leaders would ask people about progress, there would not even be sewing machines now. Not even talking about Nuclear tech or Computer Science.
    Last edited by sentence; October 10th, 2022 at 04:25 PM.

That last bit sounded real ominous. Regardless the true reason Chaldea opposed Kirsch at the end (and thus the one undeniable criticism), was that his plan sacrificed any chance of restoring Pan Human History, and thus was incompatible with the protag's own goals, something Kirsch completely understood and accepted by fighting him and his Servants in a battle of ideals.

Everything else, Nasu left up to the reader to debate the practicality and even the ethics of.
    Last edited by Base; October 10th, 2022 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sentence View Post
    Yeah, this is pretty much what the story tries to convey.
    Thank you, so I not have to write off the same xD

- - - Updated - - -

I feel he's anti-transhumanist troll, hating on Kirschtaria (a character) because he tries to do something good. Like those people in the past hating on machines because "they will take our jobs".

Thankfully, real transhumanists wouldn't ask people when (and if) the technology would be created ;D

Because if humanity's leaders would ask people about progress, there would not even be sewing machines now. Not even talking about Nuclear tech or Computer Science.
    I dont think he is anti transhumanist troll.

and im not relaly a fan of saying nasu is just making use think of our own opinion. There are literal metaphyiscal rules in setting that change the argument entirely and to not take into acocunt blatant past mouthpiecing on all this is absurd.

He feels transhumsnist wen he feels like it and other times when he feels the terror of age he suddenly gets all coping and has character say things like 'death makes life worth living'

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Gehennahem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by InsertNameHsre View Post
    What the hell did you think I've been doing this whole time if not thinking outside the box, then?
    Seems like you was overthinking something pretty obvious and tried to accuse the writer of wanting to make people think that Humans shouldn't become something more of themselves and then cementing various examples that have nothing to do with the reasons why it won't work?

In any case, I didn't say it was the answer either. Really, the answer should have been Guda who neither needed nor wanted to be a god to stop Goetia and all of the Beasts up until this point. That said, people like Beryl are the reason why I would never trust anyone with godhood no matter what supposed benefits to their intelligence might come with it. Nobody should have that kind of power, either in the Nasuverse or anywhere else.
    While Ritsuka and Mash believe that, they are not the voice of Humanity itself and it's more from their opinions. We are meant to see it as how their thought process works and why they reached that conclusion and to have us think, not that it's a definitive answer on any front. And to be frank, we are technically "Gods" to those in the past right now so in a simple sense, Kirschtaria isn't wrong in pursuing Godhood for Humanity to solve the problem that Humanity faces with itself.

And quite frankly I don't think Kadoc or Pepe thought his plans all the way through, either. Apparently thinking about unintended consequences is a lost art.
    The point is to show that Mash and Ritsuka agree with Holmes and Kadoc and Pepe agree with Kirschtaria, it's not meant to show how many agree with Kirschtaria alone but more of who else backs their arguments.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    He feels transhumsnist wen he feels like it and other times when he feels the terror of age he suddenly gets all coping and has character say things like 'death makes life worth living'
    Jesus, talk about projecting.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Relatable Nasu feeling the terror of age since his mid-20s.

US Friend Code
    he just like me fr

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    You're never gonna get anywhere while you still believe anything Nasu writes is a personal attack on you Byegod, while endlessly seeking validation and agreement on this forum because of said "attack". Get some help, this is genuinely worrisome behavior, it's sad to see and I wish you had better ways to cope, being genuine here.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Gehennahem's Avatar
    I dont think he is anti transhumanist troll.

and im not relaly a fan of saying nasu is just making use think of our own opinion. There are literal metaphyiscal rules in setting that change the argument entirely and to not take into acocunt blatant past mouthpiecing on all this is absurd.

I'm kinda in agreement with everyone else:
    Can you stop projecting please? It's legit making me uncomfortable with you revealing way too much info of your life problem's and tossing them onto Nasu. Again, Nasu isn't even the first one to say something like that nor will be the last person in making a story and having characters say something like that, hell, some people actually do believe that "Death is what makes Life actually mean something" since the obvious rebuttal against Immortality is literally "Then what?" as there would be zero reason to do anything since you'll live forever(thus being no different than Death anyway).

I think you really need to take some time off and really get some therapeutic help or atleast go look into yourself or something.

Blog Entries
    What's with Byegod bringing out the worst passive aggressive urges in people?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sione View Post
    He's the lord of Unpopular Opinions (thread).

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    That's just how Byegod is. Here's an excerpt from one of their posts to understand better the state of the person in question;
    ...And i guess one of the reasons why I tend to be so hard stuck on my 'bad-informed takes' is due to said talks with translators and them echoing similar criticisms so I go 'If these guys agree or have similar ideas then who's wrong here'? Plus to some degree due to ... certain neurological issues which should be apparent from how I write and how I get confused, I tend to get flustered and lose the strain of criticism i am trying for OR/and my idea gets lost in translation from thoughts to words

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Should change their name to Basedgod.

Nah im not based, plus passive aggressive snipes from varying people like petrikow and kirishima have made me not care about being nice.

Mod forgive me for what I'm about to say will likely get me banned.
    Sione you said this in a argument to me.
    Last edited by Byegod; October 12th, 2022 at 03:39 AM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for further proving my point