Page 65 of 286 FirstFirst ... 15556063646566677075115165 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 5703

Thread: [FGO JP Main Chapter] Lostbelt 7: Nahui Mictlan ~ The One Who Rules the Planet

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    Yeah, that's the common theory. Although the Ocelomeh were led to believe by doing so they could awake a weapon that will destroy PHH, and were ignorant that it would destroy their place too. Daybit and Tezca seem to omit that particular detail until the end of part 1.
    That's why Ixcalli broke down after witnessing the future. However, I wonder what is Deybit's endgame. The way he puts it, having ORT wake up and eating up Earth seems like a better ending than letting Chaldeas win.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Gelious's Avatar
    Anybody else thinks there is something fishy about that meteor and surface not being able to recover? Perhaps that was how ORT got here. Or Sefar arrived earlier than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelious View Post
    Anybody else thinks there is something fishy about that meteor and surface not being able to recover? Perhaps that was how ORT got here. Or Sefar arrived earlier than usual.
    I'm thinking something is 'slowing down' the Earth. Note that Pangaea never broke up in this timeline, which is really weird, because Pangaea's formation and breaking up are geologic processes that can't just be stopped like you're flicking a switch. It's even speculated that in the future all the continents will come back together again and form a new Pangaea.
    Similarly, one of the reasons (I say one of the reasons because it also triggered volcanic eruptions, earthquakes, it landed near the ocean so there was a huge tsunami too, etc) why the asteroid impact that killed the dinosaurs killed all of 'em everywhere and not just in the vicinity of the impact, is because the ejecta the collision launched off into space began to fall back down into Earth, massively heating up the atmosphere. Scholarly consensus varies over whether or not it heated up to like a kghillion degrees over a few hours or if it heated up to more manageable (but still really bad) levels over months, but it was still really bad. If this is what happened here, then somehow, the Earth never cooled down. Olga specifically points out that it's strange the planet is "being this slow to recover"

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    May have something to do with Maia creating the underground world. The giant structure somehow held the supercontinent together until present day, and preventing climate changes and new species from flourishing.

Just a wild guess, since I'm not well-versed in that subject.

JP Friend Code
    Ask lol
    US Friend Code
    Not as Active, Ask!
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Beni threatens us with her mountain blades weighing 8100kg, the specific weight of Ruyi Jingu Bang in Journey to the West, but I'm not seeing how this correlates to Beni-Enma's character
    inb4 catalyst for GB Monkey

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    May have something to do with Maia creating the underground world. The giant structure somehow held the supercontinent together until present day, and preventing climate changes and new species from flourishing.

Just a wild guess, since I'm not well-versed in that subject.
    From the way it is presented, Maia seems to have given the dinosaurs abundant materials and a powerful body that can survive just by photosynthesis. The are mostly vegetarians and eating is but a hobby until the recent invasion of the Jaguars. So I guess Maia reduced the need for dinosaurs to develop cities and what not. Heck, maybe Maia is draining energy from Earth to create a flourishing underground at the expanse of planet recovery as a whole?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    Heck, maybe Maia is draining energy from Earth to create a flourishing underground at the expanse of planet recovery as a whole?
    By that scenario, Maia is slowly draining Gaia's lifeforce, and Daybit's action is to deal the final blow to the already dying planet, as to signal ORT of the 'promised time'. It all seems fit.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Shlugo's Avatar
    The thing that most surpised me about this section is how much Daybit got sidelined by his own Servant. Even being compared to abusive marriage.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    That's why Ixcalli broke down after witnessing the future. However, I wonder what is Deybit's endgame. The way he puts it, having ORT wake up and eating up Earth seems like a better ending than letting Chaldeas win.
    It seems just as likely that he was never on humanity's side to begin with, despite what Kirschtaria thought.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by InsertNameHsre View Post
    It seems just as likely that he was never on humanity's side to begin with, despite what Kirschtaria thought.
    I'm more on the line of what Marisbilly has planned make ORT eating Earth seems tame. In my opinion, Chaldea under Marisbilly and the one headed by Roman and inherited by Goredolf is two different organization with the same name. So stopping Marisbilly's Chaldea doesn't seem to be problematic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shlugo View Post
    The thing that most surpised me about this section is how much Daybit got sidelined by his own Servant. Even being compared to abusive marriage.
    Why such view? They both seemed to be working in consent though?

I'm more on the line of what Marisbilly has planned make ORT eating Earth seems tame. In my opinion, Chaldea under Marisbilly and the one headed by Roman and inherited by Goredolf is two different organization with the same name. So stopping Marisbilly's Chaldea doesn't seem to be problematic.
    If you imagine that FGO's world is already part of Marisbilly's plan, and that it's somehow this sort of "fake world" being held together by Chaldeas or whatever, and that just like a Singularity or Lostbelt it will have a disastrous impact on the actual
    pan-human history (that is, not FGOs world), then it's pretty clear to imagine why Daybit would want to end this world, even though Marisbilly is already gone.

At least, that's the general sort of ideas theories are leaning towards right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    If you imagine that FGO's world is already part of Marisbilly's plan, and that it's somehow this sort of "fake world" being held together by Chaldeas or whatever, and that just like a Singularity or Lostbelt it will have a disastrous impact on the actual
    pan-human history (that is, not FGOs world), then it's pretty clear to imagine why Daybit would want to end this world, even though Marisbilly is already gone.

At least, that's the general sort of ideas theories are leaning towards right now.
    Yeah, but that would be too cliche since it is just the same old your world is also a singularity/lost belt and what you have done before is actually nailing the coffin to actual PHH. Then again, it fits with Nasu's favorite what matters is not the end of the journey but the journey itself.

At least Nasu can end FGO with it is all a dream and not hurt the mainverse one bit.
    Last edited by rxrx; December 29th, 2022 at 11:10 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    January 1st 2024, last chapter released. You find out FGO world is a fake one, created by Marisbilly and eventually must be wiped out. Boss fight again Not Romani, Marisbilly and Dust of Osiris. In the end, everything in GO is gone but as we learned, that doesn't mean the journey was meaningless. End of service announcement and the game is over. There is no more Fate mobage ever. You clap and say Thank you Nasu for the kino.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The weirdest thing in this Lostbelt is the fact that Pangaea is still a thing. By the time of the K-Pg extinction it had been split for about 150 million years and the landmasses already resembled our current continents pretty closely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    January 1st 2024, last chapter released. You find out FGO world is a fake one, created by Marisbilly and eventually must be wiped out. Boss fight again Not Romani, Marisbilly and Dust of Osiris. In the end, everything in GO is gone but as we learned, that doesn't mean the journey was meaningless. End of service announcement and the game is over. There is no more Fate mobage ever. You clap and say Thank you Nasu for the kino.
    Two weeks later, the Melty Blood gacha is announced. The initial cast features 2 Tsukihime characters and 28 Servants.

Inactive
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    The weirdest thing in this Lostbelt is the fact that Pangaea is still a thing. By the time of the K-Pg extinction it had been split for about 150 million years and the landmasses already resembled our current continents pretty closely.

- - - Updated - - -

Two weeks later, the Melty Blood gacha is announced. The initial cast features 2 Tsukihime characters and 28 Servants.

Do you mean "Tsukihime 2 characters and 27 DAAs" ? FTFY

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    Wait, that means we have 1 full year of nothing in between?

Inactive
    Blog Entries
    Wait, that means we have 1 full year of nothing in between?
    The release of Tsukihime 2 of course featuring Altrouge and Fou

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tepanyakigo View Post
    The release of Tsukihime 2 of course featuring Altrouge and Fou
    I think the next volume of DDD might come first

Inactive
    Blog Entries
    I think the next volume of DDD might come first
    Girl's Work will come out first then...

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle TresserT's Avatar
    My friend does his own translation summaries and pointed something out that I haven't seen discussed here yet.

Once Daybit explains his plans to get the planet ate, he says that he is not working under orders of the Alien God. He's here of his own will. He says that unlike the Alien God, he is a true enemy of Humanity. He is going to carry out the purpose of the Crypters and destroy the planet before it can be hollowed out.

This is kind of wild to me. The Crypters' purpose (not just Daybit's) was to destroy the planet, and they didn't get that purpose from the Alien God. That implies that the destruction of the planet was Marisbury's intention for them. Unless their leader Kirschtaria betrayed Marisbury...?