• Old BL-tan, but different picture

23 27.38%
  • Keep the current one

4 4.76%
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The BL Banner Poll

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Old BL-tan can enter the banner rotation.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    No, I did not "lose". You are just claiming victory because you consider your side to have won, despite there being no official definition of "victory"

...IT'S A POLL!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    Old BL-tan can enter the banner rotation.
    I can agree with this.

EDIT: Would still be good if they made her prettier though =D
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

I firmly disagree with the idea of banner rotation.

As well as the idea of adding Old BL-tan into the rotation, unless they prettified her or something.

Blog Entries
    If she gets into the rotation she has to be voted in there first, and I doubt that .jpeg-compression-tan will get a majority.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingeR View Post
    First thing first, I did not vote on this poll nor I intend to. I couldn't care less about what happens with the banner.

Second, you keep assuming things and have no proof of your assumptions. Present proof, then we'll discuss this "unfairness" that you speak of. But at this point, you are just whining about the option you wanted failing. Which you do constantly and all the time in both fics and RPs and whatever.
    I've already pointed out the issue with the poll. And, the option I wanted did not "fail". It may not have got the most votes as a first-choice, but that does not necessarily make it less popular than the other options overall.

So I don't see why the mods should have to even care about your unbased complaints anyway.
    I don't see why they should have to care about this poll which came to no firm conclusions either, so....

Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post

...IT'S A POLL!
    Yes, but that does not mean that it has to be run by the First Past The Post system....

It sucks for electing governments and it sucks for choosing winners in a poll like this, because it is quite simply not fair, and the result depends entirely on what options are put up for vote.

How is this poll biased? I don't get it. If anything the former poll was biased because the two BL-tan options were one.
    How is that more biased?

You have a bunch of options all rolled into the "text and banner" choice whilst splitting the BL-tan options enough to ensure that they didn't win a plurality.

In any case, we have a result, and I expect DP to act on that, after all it can also include old BL-tan in a better-drawn form if she gets voted.
    Rubbish. There is not a "result" there. There is a clear indication that we want something done, but no clear indication of what that "something" actually is.

Not having an absolute majority for such a trivial issue is stupid. I just want it changed so that the site banner actually looks pretty for once, and I won't let you get in the way of that just because you like throwing a fit, Mike.
    No it fucking well is not fucking "stupid". You are the one who is fucking stupid for pushing one side despite it not winning a clear majority, and for making a fucking biased poll in the first place.

Because honestly, the only thing you always did in the threads discussing the banners was BLOCKING and not doing shit, and that's why I created the poll, to show that people actually want a new banner and so that you can't just suffocate all discussion about it by screaming the loudest. Because it's better to have a tyranny of the majority than the tyranny of one person with a loud organ.
    But you've not demonstrated anything.

I'm happy to have a new banner, but I am not happy to accept based on a vote that wasn't even a majority that we have to have a rotating banner. If you really want something done, then why not start a new poll which doesn't split the BL-tan vote and see what the result is?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    I find it interesting that the votes are a pretty much perfect 50/50 split between having BL-tan in some shape or form (new BL-tan, new pic, same pic) and not having her (text and image, just text).

Combined, both have 42 people voting for each.

Of course, in a simple vote, text and image wins, with new pic of BL-tan being second with quite a bit of difference between the two.
    Exactly. Which is why I think that it's totally unreasonable to assume that a rotating banner is wanted, when only 40% of people actually voted for that (and the rest may well be stringently opposed to it).

Quote Originally Posted by Satehi View Post
    I firmly disagree with the idea of banner rotation.

As well as the idea of adding Old BL-tan into the rotation, unless they prettified her or something.
    Yeah, me too. I don't want a rotating banner, I want a single banner which isn't involving any of the canon characters, or else a free choice of banner for the members rather than one single set of banners chosen by the majority and forced on the rest.

Blog Entries
    The difference between the votes isn't overwhelming enough to completely discard BL-tan when it is possible to mediate between both parties with one solution, however. The ensuing majority from joining the two largest options would be effectively dominant enough to be called a definite majority.
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hasn't DP basically announced that he intends to act based on this poll?

In any case, there is no worth discussing anything with you anymore, Mike. Keep on ragin' and trying to block shit. Maybe the millionth time is the charm.

quotes
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Blog Entries
    Simple solution: create banners, hold vote, then another vote for rotating/not rotating.

Guarantees less butthurt. But first I want some kind of statement from the admins about this issue, and I hope they don't just squeeze themselves out of this thanks to your shouting, Mike.

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Erlkonig View Post
    The difference between the votes isn't overwhelming enough to completely discard BL-tan when it is possible to mediate between both parties with one solution, however. The ensuing majority from joining the two largest options would be effectively dominant enough to be called a definite majority.
    ^ Hence what I was getting at by making a different image of BL-tan included with the text/image bannners.
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    The problem is that you're assuming that the people who voted for BL-tan did so because they wanted her included and not because they didn't want a rotating banner or canon characters, though. There is a clear majority against rotating banners, whereas there is not a majority against some kind of BL-tan (although it is actually exactly 50-50, so...).

Simple solution: create banners, hold vote, then another vote for rotating/not rotating.
    The problem with that is that the poll for a choice of banners is likely to be different depending on whether we have one or many. If we only have one, then making it multiple choice doesn't make sense, really.

Guarantees less butthurt. But first I want some kind of statement from the admins about this issue, and I hope they don't just squeeze themselves out of this thanks to your shouting, Mike.
    Well, yes, something from the admins would be nice, although I hope DP doesn't take his usual approach of ignoring all complaints and just going for the option with most votes without considering the context or how the poll was run....

Blog Entries
    The problem is that you're assuming that the people who voted for BL-tan did so because they wanted her included and not because they didn't want a rotating banner or canon characters, though. There is a clear majority against rotating banners, whereas there is not a majority against some kind of BL-tan (although it is actually exactly 50-50, so...).
    I just thought of rotating banners as a means to an end, but I'm sure it's possible to put the characters together either way.
    Arthur-san is my waifu

Blog Entries
    I would support something like this, but DP seems to think that it's "unfair" because it won't include $generic_high_school_student_54 who appears for one second in the background of one scene and, thus, that the only way to be "fair" is to ignore the less popular characters entirely and have loads of Saber and Rin banners....
    You insultin' mah Makidera? D:<

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    I've already pointed out the issue with the poll. And, the option I wanted did not "fail". It may not have got the most votes as a first-choice, but that does not necessarily make it less popular than the other options overall.

I don't see why they should have to care about this poll which came to no firm conclusions either, so....

Yes, but that does not mean that it has to be run by the First Past The Post system....

It sucks for electing governments and it sucks for choosing winners in a poll like this, because it is quite simply not fair, and the result depends entirely on what options are put up for vote.

How is that more biased?

You have a bunch of options all rolled into the "text and banner" choice whilst splitting the BL-tan options enough to ensure that they didn't win a plurality.

Rubbish. There is not a "result" there. There is a clear indication that we want something done, but no clear indication of what that "something" actually is.

No it fucking well is not fucking "stupid". You are the one who is fucking stupid for pushing one side despite it not winning a clear majority, and for making a fucking biased poll in the first place.

But you've not demonstrated anything.

I'm happy to have a new banner, but I am not happy to accept based on a vote that wasn't even a majority that we have to have a rotating banner. If you really want something done, then why not start a new poll which doesn't split the BL-tan vote and see what the result is?

Exactly. Which is why I think that it's totally unreasonable to assume that a rotating banner is wanted, when only 40% of people actually voted for that (and the rest may well be stringently opposed to it).

Yeah, me too. I don't want a rotating banner, I want a single banner which isn't involving any of the canon characters, or else a free choice of banner for the members rather than one single set of banners chosen by the majority and forced on the rest.
    You're applying semantics to ONCE AGAIN try and block stuff from happening. HOW ABOUT YOU GET THE FUCK OUT INSTEAD? YOU DON'T FUCKING LIKE THIS FORUM. YOU DON'T LIKE THE ADMINS. YOU DON'T LIKE THE FORUM MEMBERS.
    YOU HARASS.
    YOU INSULT.
    YOU HATE EVERYONE.
    AND EVERYONE HATES YOU.

YOU ARE THE CANCER OF BEAST LAIR. YOU ARE THE CANCER OF THE ENTIRE FUCKING INTERNET. YOU'VE BEEN BANNED FROM ANIMESUKI. YOU WOULD SURELY GET BANNED FROM SPACEBATTLES. YOU WOULD GET BANNED FROM EVERYWHERE BUT HERE, AND THAT'S ONLY BECAUSE THE ADMINS AND MODS HERE DON'T LIKE BANNING ANYONE. GET THE FUCK OFF. STOP PRETENDING YOUR OPINION MATTERS SHIT. GET SOME SHIT DONE IN YOUR LIFE AND STOP ANNOYING US. HOW ABOUT THAT.

Blog Entries
    I would support something like this, but DP seems to think that it's "unfair" because it won't include $generic_high_school_student_54 who appears for one second in the background of one scene and, thus, that the only way to be "fair" is to ignore the less popular characters entirely and have loads of Saber and Rin banners....
    Wow. Paranoia, much? I don't think that's going to happen.
    Arthur-san is my waifu

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    ur a faget

sup /a/non.
    Arthur-san is my waifu

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    ...Welp.

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Wow. Paranoia, much? I don't think that's going to happen.
    Well, that's how DP has set up the voting system....

Blog Entries
    Well, that's how DP has set up the voting system....
    And why, exactly, is it going to be full of Saber and Rin pics?

If anything, it should be Ryougi and Casko.
    Arthur-san is my waifu