Page 148 of 782 FirstFirst ... 4898138143146147148149150153158198248648 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,960 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Blog Entries
    Nice formatting, but ... what's the point? You haven't done anything with him. His legend has no variance from the real-world legends, you've said nothing about his skills, their derivation or their specific effects, and given no detail on his Noble Phantasm. I don't even know why it's being covered by Uncrowned Arms Mastery, because a promise would not naturally be a weapon. Presumably you've decided that it is, but I have no clue why or what it does, because you've just given no information about it. Is it the bow he uses at Ezel? And, for that matter, why UAM in the first place? He was brought up as the son of a warrior-king and participated in battles. Why should anyone fail to recognise his skill with weapons?
    Last edited by Seika; October 18th, 2012 at 11:25 AM.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ylas View Post
    Further information about this NP is obfuscated by the Uncrowned Arms Mastership skill.
    Well I guess that's just too bad then.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Parmenides
    I remember reading a lecture on Parmenides when investigating about Denial of Nothingness. It was... weird.

And I don't find the link anymore. So much for immutability.

EDIT: Ah, found it. Why are all the biggest loons rationalists?
    Last edited by aldeayeah; October 18th, 2012 at 11:58 AM.

Blog Entries
    He makes a reasonable point when discussing, "Nothing doesn't exist, that's the point of existence". If you've given it a name, if you've ever conceptualised it, it exists. There is no such thing as 'nothing'.

The problem (I think) is when, having concluded that everything is, he tries to make that property absolute over all, which denies the existence of any other property. Instead, I think it's much more reasonable to say that everything has that first property, but everything can also have subsequent properties: names, movement, and so forth. Being is the foundation of everything, but it is not the whole of everything. Those foundations have a house on top of them.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Quote Originally Posted by Verg Avesta View Post
    Verg, I am disappoint! He was awesome (and surprisingly balanced despite you granting him a Rank A+ Personal Skill and his own lightning-Excalibur) right up until you got to Talos! In the original story Talos is basically some magical Terminator-style golem, but you turned it into a shield/oribital-justice-laser (and gender-swapped it for some reason but that detail doesn't bother me so much). Why? Him summoning some humanoid golem that terminates anything it deems "evil" with extreme prejudice would have made for some awsome scenes and delicious potential conflict (and helped demonstrate the contrast between their two forms of justice; Artegal is basically Shirou but more competent and Talos is EMIYA/Kiritsugu)!

And you continue to amaze with your peerless knowledge of ancient Greek stuff, Seika! Eh, I liked your other philosophere better though. Parmenides comes off as too stuffy with knone of the "crazy" that made your previous philosopher more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin Lord View Post
    My suggestion is get rid of the "summoning other Heroic Spirits from the Throne" NP. Way too haxx. It covers for itself by stating that Zorro is merely sending out a call and other Heroic Spirits merely choose to answer rather than an actual summoning, but its still cheap in a way that just strikes me as more Gary Stu-ish than Nasu-ish if that explanation makes any sense. It's also seneless given Zorro can make someone else the new Zorro if he dies (which should be one of his NPs and even then it should be nerfed a little so that any human he makes the new Zorro merely has all Rank E stats). If he can replace himself under the right circumstances then sending out an SOS for other Heroic Spirits makes no sense (especially given Zorro tended to act alone IIRC).

A better idea is he can mark someone he deems evil or a tyrant with his stylized "Z", and even if they escape, whenever they do evil acts the mark acts as a beacon, not only drawing everybody's attention to the villain, but also leading Zorror right to them regardless of any magical wards they may hide their presence behind. Its more situational but also more balanced and it gives Zorror a way to deal with unscrupulous types without having to kill them (and would let him track those who are good at escaping like Zouken).

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Rush View Post
    So a non-jerk Gilgamesh with one powerful but very balanced NP; nice work as always, Daneel!

Quote Originally Posted by ylas
    But... what's the point of him? Its little more than the bare bones of a Servant profile so what's the purpose in even putting him out there?

He makes a reasonable point when discussing, "Nothing doesn't exist, that's the point of existence". If you've given it a name, if you've ever conceptualised it, it exists. There is no such thing as 'nothing'.

The problem (I think) is when, having concluded that everything is, he tries to make that property absolute over all, which denies the existence of any other property. Instead, I think it's much more reasonable to say that everything has that first property, but everything can also have subsequent properties: names, movement, and so forth. Being is the foundation of everything, but it is not the whole of everything. Those foundations have a house on top of them.
    I think a lot of philosophers tend to make the mistake of making one property of their argument absolute.

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Verg, I am disappoint! He was awesome (and surprisingly balanced despite you granting him a Rank A+ Personal Skill and his own lightning-Excalibur) right up until you got to Talos! In the original story Talos is basically some magical Terminator-style golem, but you turned it into a shield/oribital-justice-laser (and gender-swapped it for some reason but that detail doesn't bother me so much). Why? Him summoning some humanoid golem that terminates anything it deems "evil" with extreme prejudice would have made for some awsome scenes and delicious potential conflict (and helped demonstrate the contrast between their two forms of justice; Artegal is basically Shirou but more competent and Talos is EMIYA/Kiritsugu)!
    Why?

Because Orbital-Laser-chan Moeeee~

But if you want a honest reason, it was because I wanted to go with something different than the obvious NP that could be created from that. Frankly, I felt that a "Summon a golem which bashes people in the head" was extremely boring, but the idea of a conceptual-weapon style evil-hunting laser with a spirit inside of it in the style of Seven/Argon Coin, that felt appropriate for the guy.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    I think a lot of philosophers tend to make the mistake of making one property of their argument absolute.
    Give him some credit, he was pretty much the first guy in recorded history who followed the dictate of pure reason against common sense.
    Last edited by aldeayeah; October 18th, 2012 at 05:00 PM.

Just wondering, has anyone made a profile for Edgar Allen Poe? He would probably make a interesting Caster (Murder of Ravens anyone?)

EDIT: Wait there is one, but in kinda sucks.
    Last edited by Paladin Lord; October 18th, 2012 at 10:14 PM.

Blog Entries
    You could give him a reality marble that kills things with birds, and call it Nevermore.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This sounds oddly familiar.

Also I am in general not a fan of turning writers into Casters unless you wank some shit in their background that they were truly magi in some fucked up way. It feels like turning painters into Sabers.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    This sounds oddly familiar.

Also I am in general not a fan of turning writers into Casters unless you wank some shit in their background that they were truly magi in some fucked up way. It feels like turning painters into Sabers.
    Well, now I know who to blame when Michaelangelo turns up.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Pffft, Monet would be a much better Saber. =P
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Why am I holding a scale? The Curious Fan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Leo, is that cat in your sig yours or did you just get the gif off the internet?
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    It's 100% even. Alexander was naturally gifted with a huge penis, but Archer, who was born hopelessly average, nevertheless attained a huge penis through years of jelqing and penis pumping.
    "Did not see some of it coming AT ALL--crazy ramifications for Dresdenverse" - Anne Sowards 08/03/12 on Twitter regarding Cold Days
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple View Post
    Clearly, immersing himself in excessive grimdark has turned Gen into a warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Five_X
    Zelretch: Time travelling sex offender.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
    If the HGW was fought between Indian heroes Fuyuki would be a smoking crater.

Like this Facebook page please: https://www.facebook.com/EvilHatProductions

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Van Gogh as Earcher.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Curious Fan View Post
    Leo, what is that cat in your sig?
    It's having a seizure.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Curious Fan View Post
    Leo, is that cat in your sig yours or did you just get the gif off the internet?
    Heck if I know.

e: oh you edit, yep it is an internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

God have mercy on my rolls... Servant Shiki's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Noir
    Leo, its sad that the cat in your sig has more moves than I do.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    shake dat ass, cat, mmmyeah
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    Well, now I know who to blame when Michaelangelo turns up.
    A Saber with nunchaku? Now you're just being silly.

夜属 Nightkin
    I registered and account because of this thread.

Emiya Kiritsugu- Assassin, Caster, Archer

Str (D)
    End (c)
    Agl (B)
    Mgk (E)
    Luk (C)
    NP (A+)

Male
    Height: 175 Cm
    Weight: 67 kg
    Blood type: AB

Personal Skills

Battle Continuation (D)
    Due to possessing Avalon Kiritsugu is very difficult to kill off without a direct fatal blow

Clairvoyence (E*)
    By utilizing technology such as thermal optics, and telescopes/binoculars Kiritusgu is able to see at great
    distances and even through buildings

Expert of Many Specialization (A)
    A total of 32 different skills ranging from tactics, academia, espionage, assassination, swindling, rhetoric
    and others can be used with proficiency of Rank B or above. Kiritsugu learned these skills while serving as
    the Magus Killer. It is also due to this skill that he is able to quickly and cheaply acquire the necessary
    equipment for performing his job as a Magus killer, such as heavy ordinance and military-grade explosives.

Eye of the Mind True (A)
    An analytical mind in combination with immense battle experience with his life on the line has made Kiritsugu
    capable of quickly determining the best course of action and fulfilling it. So long as there is even a 1%
    chance of victory this skill makes it significantly more likely.

Information Erasure (D)
    Due to him not being a proper Magus he was overlooked and disregarded in life, as a heroic spirit this
    causes reality itself to cause people and records to forget his involvement in any sort of minor incident.

Magecraft (C)
    As a spellcaster Kiritsugu is well versed in how to utilize and undermine spellcraft, and is capable of using
    thaumaturgy, though he is not particularly skilled in doing so. In the realm of Magecraft Kiritsugu is
    particularly knowledgeable about the creation and subversion of bounded fields.

Projectile (Firearms) (A)
    Kiritsugu is extremely adept at the use of all modern firearms, and is presumably also skilled at older
    weapons such as crossbows as well.

Subversive Activities (A+)
    Kiritsugu has the talent to reduce the enemy forces in the preliminary stages, before going into battle.
    An expert of traps. However, the higher is the ranking of this Skill, the more one's spiritual status as
    a hero declines. At A+ rank Kiritsugu is capable of ending one-on-one encounters before they start, and
    could elimiate as much as seventy percent of an enemy force before they advance.

Class skills: Assassin

Independant Action: B
    Presence concealment: C
    Riding: E

Caster:
    Independant action: C
    Item Construction: D
    Magic Resistance: E
    Presence Concealment: E
    Territory Creation: B

Archer:
    Independant Action; A+
    Presence Concealment: D

Noble Phantasm:

Avalon (Ex/D)

The legendary sheathe of King Arthur's Blade Excalibur. This item was received in order to summon King Arthur when
    Kiritsugu participated in the fourth holy grail war. As he is not Arthur, Kiritsugu can only utilize Avalon as a coneptual
    weapon, and only at a fraction of its normal strength. Do to his prior connection to Arthur he heals faster than
    most people would from having Avalon imbedded in them. It allows him to heal from injuries at a rapid pace, this
    is responsible for his D rank in Battle Continuation.

Thomson Contender/Origin Bullets (E/A++)

Kiritsugu possesses a highly modified Thompson contender, a high-powered handgun that is said to be even more powerful
    than hand-cannon magnums. This weapon also has a modified firing pin that allows for the use of Kiritsugu's Origin
    Bullets. The Origin bullets are a set of 66 specially crafted shells that when fired allow Kiritsugu to actualize
    his dual origin of Severing/Binding in the target. Doing so to a mage whose circuits are active is a death knell.
    Due to his origin it will cut the circuits of the target, and then bind them together rendering them useless if the
    process does not kill them outright.

Emiya Crest (E-)

Kiritsugu possesses a small portion of his father's crest. This allows Kiritsugu to use time alteration magic. The
    Only skills that Kiritsugu was known to utilize with his crest were to speed up or slow down his personal time.
    Any use of this magecraft is ultimately severely damaging to his body, and is typcially used only as a last resort.

I was rather surprised noone had done him yet.

some other ideas I had thrown around include

John Henry- Berserker

Str (B/A) values on the right are modified for mad enhancement.
    End (B/A)
    Agl (C/B)
    Mgk (E-/D)
    Luk (C/B)
    NP (D/C)

Male
    6'4"
    275 lbs

Personal Skills

Battle Continuation (EX)
    So long as he is in combat he will not succumb to even mortal wounds. (though he might well die once combat
    ends).

"Monstrous" Strength (B)
    While in combat his strength becomes rank up.

Class Abilities

Magic Resistance (D)

Mad Enhancement (Ex)
    Raises base parameters in exchange of hindering mental capacities. In some cases seals away personal skills.
    At this rank all Parameters are Double Rank up, but reason is completely robbed. The servant acts utterly
    mechanically when they are not flung into a rage. Even the simplest of commands will not be understood, but
    the servant-master bond will cause this servant to instinctively shield the Master from harm, and attack
    anyone who makes threatening moves towards the master. Servants with this rank of mad enhancement cannot take
    incorporeal form.

Noble Phantasm

Nine Pound Hammer (C)
    This hammer will never shatter, bend, or break. John Henry used this trusty hammer to outrace a steam-powered
    hammer in the competition that made him famous. Due to the events of his death this hammer contains the concept
    of 'unable to die unarmed'. Due to his status as Berserker it is unlikely he would ever be without it, making this ability
    generally useless.

Yeah, I just wanted to give him something that could save his hide, in case, I don't know, friggin Gilgamesh tried to kill him, but Yeah, it is pretty hax, changed it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I just wanted to give him something that could save his hide, in case, I don't know, friggin Gilgamesh tried to kill him, but Yeah, it is pretty hax, changed it.