Page 808 of 858 FirstFirst ... 308708758798803806807808809810813818 ... LastLast
Results 16,141 to 16,160 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    Niningi were no Emporer he is in relation to Jimmu self a footnote in comparison, and i went with the Ancestor given Powers respective that Jimmu were to a certain Degree lectured by them.
    Ninigi is not an emperor but he received Divine Order straight from Amaterasu - the Tenson Korin that granted him the authority of the representative of Amaterasu to acquire the land of Japan from the Kunitsu gods. He is literally the only one who would logically be suitable to wield Amaterasu's power, not his grandson.
    That still doesnt Change the fact that Amenonuhoko has created the first Japan Island or other said that the spear created the root of japanese Earth that were presumably used as base for the other Irlands in my oppinion.
    The spear creating the first island of Japan, but the actual establish of the nation is not from it but by Okuninushi, the god who received order from Amaterasu to bring the Weightstone of Tamamo to enshrine in Izumo. His name literally means Great Ruler of the Country and is actually the first ruler of the islands of Japan. A god among gods like him only got to bring the mirror of Amaterasu, and you give the spear of Izanagi to Jimmu lol.

And I didn't even mention the fact that after the birth of the 3 Noble Childs (well 5 actually but they abandoned 2 due to birth defects), Izanagi retired from his job to give his necklace containing his authority to Amaterasu. He didn't even give her his spear, so there's no way she can pass it down like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I still feel that there is a thematic logic in the spear that "laid the ground" for Japan (the island) being wielded by the first emperor who established Japan (the country).
    Actually no. He is the first emperor after the Age of the Gods (Jindai) ended in 660 BCE when the Amatsu gods decided that it's time to go to Tokoyo no Kuni for retirement. In short, he is the first human emperor, not the first emperor ever.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Speaking of other things before the entire thread erupts into a flame war, I'd like to ask for an opinion.
    I've been working on the concept for a Helen of Troy sheet, and have ended up with her being an Elemental similar to Consort Yu. This isn't completely without merit (though far-fetched, I admit), as she had some dealie about being worshipped by cults as a goddess of some sort, having supernatural (or rather divine) qualities without most agreeing on her parentage, and being involved in the legend of Simon Magus (established in the Nasuverse - granted Helen makes an appearance through reincarnation, but a nigh-ageless Elemental could just have switched identities at some point).
    The idea would be to make her a Berserker (her madness being the manipulations of Aphrodite), with her Noble Phantasm being the Trojan War itself. The war would then be the result of what is essentially a Marble Phantasm, subconsciously brought about by the Helen's assumption of her suitors' reactions to her kidnapping. Though serving as an instigating factor, the Marble Phantasm would've continued on and on (just as Helen's infatuation with Paris, the root cause of the whole thing), dragging the war's duration over a decade because she'd feel that "that's what they'd do", even when it might've been wiser to quit.
    My chief worry with the idea is that it would rob agency from the actual participants of the war, as well as some of the prestige of the gods egging the fighters on. I also considered the Noble Phantasm partially manifesting as an all-star horde of miniature versions the Iliad's heroes, but that might be too much.

Any thoughts?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Alexcoene's Avatar
    The Elemental idea is pretty good and the choice of Berserker is clever, but I do agree that the Marble Phantasm thing kinda cheapen the whole war. The second idea for the NP is kinda silly (tiny Achilles!), but I don't see anything glaringly wrong with it.

1. Helen is treated as the daughter of Zeus most commonly, and I believe the same is represented in TM.
    2. I'm not sure if you mean Reality Marble instead of Marble Phantasm, as Elementals like Yu/other DAs can potentially have both. As far as I know Marble Phantasm isn't capable of affecting the environment enough to make "war" or what you might be imagining. If you can make it work, I'd be happy to see it.
    3. As the creator of the one and only Simon Magus sheet (I think), I had made Simon himself the ageless one who interacted with Helen in her own time. The opposite might be interesting to see, if you can tie it together under the Elemental banner.
    4. She better be a big tiddy onee if she's the instigator here and Paris is a shota

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    1. Helen is treated as the daughter of Zeus most commonly, and I believe the same is represented in TM.
    2. I'm not sure if you mean Reality Marble instead of Marble Phantasm, as Elementals like Yu/other DAs can potentially have both. As far as I know Marble Phantasm isn't capable of affecting the environment enough to make "war" or what you might be imagining. If you can make it work, I'd be happy to see it.
    3. As the creator of the one and only Simon Magus sheet (I think), I had made Simon himself the ageless one who interacted with Helen in her own time. The opposite might be interesting to see, if you can tie it together under the Elemental banner.
    4. She better be a big tiddy onee if she's the instigator here and Paris is a shota
    1. That's how it usually goes, yes, but at least I haven't been able to find mention of her parentage in the Nasuverse.
    2. Marble Phantasm is what I was going for. As I understand it, a Marble Phantasm can simply make the probability of 'something occurring' 100%. Using that logic, Helen, with her knowledge of the suitors' pledge would've arrived to the conclusion of how they'd act and then caused the war as a result of constantly forcing the possibility of 'continuing the war' to be certain. Or something like that. Though a Marble Phantasm can't directly affect humans, it can affect the conditions around them, so something could still be used to influence the suitors. I suppose the gods' oomph behind the Trojan War might explain why it's more powerful than a regular Marble Phantasm.
    3. I'll have to look into that one, then.
    4. I had something like this in mind, yeeees. Paris (by way of Aphrodite) is still the instigator, but Helen is compelled to along with it (as though it was her own idea, but still).
    Last edited by Shiki-pon; October 4th, 2019 at 05:31 PM.

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Class: Archer
    Identity: Ötzi
    Source: Prehistory
    Origin: The Alps
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Height: 175 cm
    Weight: 73 kg

Parameters:
    Strength: C
    Endurance: B
    Agility: B
    Mana: E
    Luck: D
    NP: C+

Skills
    Passive skills

Magic Resistance: D
    A rank equivalent to that of an amulet that repels magecraft.
    Having lived in an era in which shamanism was the only instance of magecraft controlled by humans, his resistance is low.

Independent Action: A
    Can survive for a whole week on his own without a mana supply.
    A lone wolf not fond of Masters, he prefers not to associate with men of the present era.

Mad Enhancement: E
    The effects are barely noticeable at this rank, but in exchange, he retains his sanity.
    His behavior that precedes modern civilization makes him somewhat rougher in comparison to most people.

Personal skills

Natural Body: C
    The mark of a perfected body since birth. Can grant a momentary rank-up to Strength.
    Additionally, no matter how much he eats or if he stops training, his physique is excellent, having been praised even by scientists in the present.

Analgesic Tattooing: C
    A total of 61 tattoos were found on Ötzi’s body. After mapping all of them, scientists discovered that many of them were made on places coincident with spots used in Chinese acupuncture for pain relief. Summed to his fit body, they changed the view of scientists about the medical techniques of over 5,000 years ago.
    A skill with little mana cost to activate, the tattoos glow faintly when infused with magical energy, dulling Ötzi’s sense of pain. Combined with his Mad Enhancement, he can temporarily ignore his own limits with little recoil.

Freezing Blizzard: B
    An intense snowstorm that would even freeze a Servant if they’re not wary enough. The effects can be prevented or reduced with a Mana stat of C or higher, or by generating a large amount of heat.
    Usually, a Servant without any knowledge of magecraft would be unable to alter weather in such a way, but Ötzi’s fame as an iceman has allowed him to do so.

Noble Phantasms

Arrow of the Ötzal
    Aptitude test of the icebound warrior

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1~40
    Maximum number of targets: 1 people

A Noble Phantasm that represents the world of the iceman Ötzi and brings it into reality, condensed into his arrow. It’s not a Reality Marble that overwrites the World, but a sort of Bounded Field close to that that is released once the arrow hits the target. Those hit by his arrow will be attacked from within by the Bounded Field. Their body is frozen solid, starting by the Magic Circuits and following with the bones, nerves, and muscles. This shot symbolizes Ötzi’s belief that “only the strongest must survive, the weak are unnecessary”, and its effect becomes stronger against ‘weak’ opponents.

In order to be considered ‘weak’ by this Noble Phantasm, one must be objectively weaker than Ötzi (that is, having lower parameters than him), but also weaker in terms of willpower and ideals. The latter may seem less important, but the determination and will to survive that a man from before modern civilization, forced to constantly fight against nature, can only be considered top-tier. The weaker the opponent, the faster the freezing happens. The most efficient way to counter it is fire and heat.

Character
    Personality

Thanks to the knowledge Servants obtain when summoned, his speech is identical to that of any other human of nowadays, and a conversation can be properly established. His vocabulary is fluent and he has good manners, but even so he’s still a prehistoric man at the end of the day. Even if he has learned now of the modern world, he doesn’t understand many things about it, and questions them.

Since Ötzi comes from an era in which the biggest concern for man was survival, he favors struggle and encourages any advance that society has made to keep surviving. But he is upset. Life has become way too easy, and people have turned lazy, their instincts forgotten and their interests most focused on living pleasantly than on simply living. The reason why he is summoned as a Servant is to change that. He doesn’t necessarily want to return society to Prehistory, but he seeks to reconstruct it to make a world in which all humans, though having a decent life, are strong and prepared enough to confront anything that would become a threat.

Treatment with the Master

Ötzi’s approval depends heavily, if not totally, on their reason to fight and summon him. Those whose purpose is to make the world a better place without relying on excessive commodity will be accepted, while those with egoistic dreams or that have fallen into laziness will be immediately brought down. If he decides to kill his Master, he won’t give them time to explain their reasons or to correct themselves. Only the ones who don’t have any doubt in choosing a path that he considers righteous are worthy for him. In the same manner, he will strictly evaluate their overall strength, and punish the weak.

Dialogue examples

Bond 1: “What do you magi fight for? What do you seek? Why do you strive? Answer. Depending on your words, I may kill you in this instant.”

Bond 2: “Life in this era is easy. Sometimes too easy. You don’t need to worry about hunting food or finding a shelter to spend the night. That’s fine. But I don’t know where to start with the things that are actually unnecessary for surviving.”

Bond 3: “Are you interested in my life? There is nothing of interest on it. Honestly speaking, I don’t even understand why I ended up becoming a Servant. In any case, what is truly important is not what I did in the past, but what I will do in the future.”

Bond 4: “I hear that my corpse shed some light on how was life when I was alive. I don’t know the details about what modern humans think my time was like, but it seems we were more advanced than what you think. Now that’s amusing.”

Bond 5: “I have truly witnessed your going, and understood your reasons. I see now that your intentions aren’t evil. You risk your life in order to eliminate a major threat. Therefore, I will assist you so that you don’t die until you fulfill your wish. Thank you. You’ve showed me that there are still proper humans in this world.”

Likes: “Struggling to defeat an obstacle, and making your life a bit easier. The satisfaction of doing that is one of the best feelings. But that has to be when the obstacle is truly a major impediment for your survival.”

Dislikes: “I may be fond of progress, but that doesn’t mean that everything that makes life easier should be considered an advance. That’s why I don’t like all the unnecessary commodities modern life has.”

Wish for the Grail: “The current humanity has become way too soft. Too much progress has made man forget struggle. If a new calamity threatens life, they won’t know how to react, how to defend themselves. I may not rely on fishy magical items, but if they can be of help, I may have hope on them.”

Personal data
    Prehistorical depiction

Before civilization even existed, humanity was so focused on survival that didn’t have time to worship any actual god. Man didn’t assign any name or figure to the natural phenomena that threatened their life and adored them only out of fear. These were the times in which the man referred as Ötzi lived. His real name is unknown, and so is any information regarding his past life. He could have been one more of the tribe or that tribe’s chieftain, it’s not known for sure. But one thing is clear, he was no hero, for heroes weren’t necessary when everyone needed to be strong. Thus, his summoning as a Servant should be impossible, but the value of his body made him of great importance for scientists of nowadays to understand more about life when he existed.

Found in the Alps at the end of the 20th century, this man was found as a frozen mummy in the Ötzal Alps, what made him earn the name of Ötzi and fame as an iceman. His cause of death apparently was an arrow stabbed in his shoulder, but what really surprised scientists was the state of his body, as well as the quality of some of his gear. While his tools and weapons weren’t anything exceptional, he was healthier than expected, and his body was covered with tattoos believed to have medicinal properties. As for his gear, items like his footwear were made in such a fashion that it is believed to have been made by an artisan, giving way to the theory of there already being craftsmen dedicated to a concrete field of expertise. Overall, his corpse was extremely useful to learn more about how humanity lived over 5,000 years ago. Perhaps it’s due to how important his body has been for science that the possibilities of summoning him, though slim, are existent.

Related characters

Pioneers of the Stars
    You’ve challenged hardships, and conquered them as if the word “impossible” didn’t exist for you. Thanks to you, there is one obstacle less for human life. I respect you from the bottom of my heart.

Geronimo
    I see. Even in such a recent time, there were still people that live surrounded by nature and respected it. If you truly fought against the civilization of modern times, you may become a valuable ally, perhaps even a reliable partner for me.

Thomas Edison
    Appearance aside, your work greatly disgusts me. There are so many useless contraptions among your inventions that I can’t understand if they’re really necessary for humans. You and your inventions should disappear from this world.

Gilgameš
    Heroes. A concept that didn’t exist in my time. I see, they are strong ones that fight for the weak and protect their lives so that they can see another day. But it seems the first one of those heroes has had enough of the weakness people have in these times. I am gladly surprised to see my ideals and his are similar, but do tell me. For what goal does he need all that treasure?

Ganesha
    Even if she’s a god, I can’t tolerate anything about her. She probably is the best example of what I mean when I say life is too easy nowadays. Just look at that body. There isn’t a single bit of muscle showing, only fat. Even a cow would look thinner compared to her.

A sheet obviously inspired by Dr Stone and Tsukasa. I think someone mentioned way before that Ötzi deserved to be insanely OP in all aspects, but I tried to keep it down. Originally I wanted to make his NP just a mere Reality Marble, but I thought it'd be too plain so I'd changed it to something kinda similar to ULW or the Origin Bullet. I also decided to base his goals as a Servant on Tsukasa's while making them more reasonable than frontally rejecting scientific advances and adults. Thinking about it, his aim ended up being like Gil's on UBW, but I don't believe it should be a problm.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Otzi: I can't believe you came up with a "primitive" Servant with a Tsukasa FC who wants to revert to the world to an earlier state too. I had the same idea for a Berserker Jacques Rousseau sheet (conflated with his archetype of the Natural Man) which I've got in my WIP folder, but I guess I may have to revise that idea now to make it seem less unoriginal. That aside, this is a really good sheet. The tattooing Skill adds a lot of flavor and I like how you made his NP a "trial" the target has to pass rather than just a Reality Marble. His personality is also very well fleshed-out. Inspired by Tsukasa but you definitely put your own spin on it.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Thank you so much for your feedback and nice words, Royd. I originally intended not to add the tattoos as a skill and just leave them as something he has, but now I'm happy to have changed my mind

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That is i must say a really wholesome Ötzi,you made a good idea with the Tattoos and that his Noblephantasm reflect his (former/actual) state as glaciermummy ,but something bother me as i have seen in a documentary and through investigation Reports that he were presumably one of the lesser active hunters of his Group due to that he were amongst their "higher-ups" .but in either case a good sheet i would be intersted what his oppinion would be of my Cherooke Caster ?

and what do you say to my Jimmu ? would you say i have gotten better ?
    Last edited by Kabalisto Koga; October 5th, 2019 at 12:45 PM.
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    Could not find an appropriate pic for this guy, so I guess he will have to go without a faceclaim...

Class: Berserker (Saber, Assassin)
    True Name: Brutus
    Alignment: Lawful Mad (appears as Lawful Neutral at a glance)
    Attribute: Man

STR: ***** B
    END: ***** B+
    AGI: ***** C
    MGI: **** E
    LCK:
    ***** D
    NP: ** C

Keywords
    KEYWORDS

Roman Republic

A period in Roman history that spanned from 509 BC to 27 BC. Also, the culture that prospered during that period. Considered by many to be the true daybreak of Roman civilization; the events of this period not only raised Rome into a leading power of the Mediterranean world, but also set the foundations of one of the greatest empires known to man.

Adrasteia

Meaning “the inescapable”. An epithet of the goddess Nemesis. A deity that governs over the concept of “compensation”, she originally symbolized both the act of rewarding good deeds and punishing infractions. However, people’s worship placed greater emphasis on the latter aspect and in time she came to be regarded as the personification of divine retribution, a goddess of revenge.

Although Greek in origin, Nemesis was widely revered among the Romans as well. Incidentally, when a foreign deity was incorporated into the Roman pantheon, its name and attributes were usually reinterpreted into something more familiar to the Roman culture. Nemesis was an exception to this, as she was adopted while retaining her original characteristics.

CLASS SKILLS

Mad Enhancement: E
    Causes parameters to Rank Up in exchange of reason. At E Rank, there is normally no effect to parameters and mutual understanding can be achieved with no trouble. However, a LCK check must be performed whenever he receives a strong stimulus. Failure will result in him going into a rampage while receiving a temporary Rank-UP to STR.

In his case, there is a strong connection between this and the skill Sneering Iron Will. Consequentially, his rampage will not take the shape of “indiscriminate violence against the surroundings”, but rather as an “obsessive compulsion to kill a specific someone”.

if a Saber
    Magic Resistance: C
    The capacity to negate or abate the effects of magecraft. Negates magecraft with an aria of two verses or less. Cannot defend against large-scale magecraft such as High-Thaumaturgy or Greater Rituals.

Riding: B
    The technical skill to mount on vehicles. It also displays its effects on mechanized vehicles. If it is an ordinary vehicle, then he can manage it better than an average person. It is also possible to control wild beasts that have never been tamed by humans, but he is unable to drive phantasmal species of magical beast and holy beast-rank such as Pegasus, Gryphon or the draconic species.

if an Assassin...
    Presence Concealment: -
    This skill has been lost in exchange for Secret Intel.

PERSONAL SKILLS

Planning: B
    Tactical thinking meant for assassinating a target. Unlike Military Tactics, this is constricted to only assassination missions in which few people are involved.

His competence for conspiracies denoted as a skill. One could say that this was an indispensable skill for a statesman of Ancient Rome, where plots and treachery ran rampant.

Secret Intelligence: A+
    This skill does not conceal one's presence, but rather makes so that said presence itself does not feel like that of an opponent. Basically, it causes the enemy to misunderstand the user as some kind or harmless existence. However, this skill loses its effects as soon as a direct attack is made. It also denotes how much of a strong trust one can acquire after infiltrating the enemy camp. At the highest rank, so long his own allies do not warn him, the target will be completely unable to perceive any hostility.

Even that Caesar was unable to see through Brutus true intentions until it was too late.

Sneering Iron Will: EX
    A variation of the Mental Pollution skill. Unlike Mental Pollution, this is closer to a type of brainwash that imposes a fixed concept onto the owner. A strong sense of duty towards deposing tyrants was forced upon him.

In his case, the brainwash is so deep-seated that there is a sense of naturalness to it. Let alone the person himself, not even third parties will be able to notice that his mentality has been twisted (this may not apply for those who knows his original disposition).

Strategist’s Advice: C
    A skill given to strategist-type Servants. By grasping and analyzing the situation, he can provide his allies with the proper advice. The likelihood of said advice being correct increases in proportion to this skill’s rank. At C Rank, the accuracy of his advice is quite high, but it cannot fully cope with unforeseen circumstancessurprise attacks from unexpected places.

NOBLE PHANTASM

Idus Martiae – Death to Tyrants
    Type: Anti-Army

Theater of treachery. Assassination by means of collective violence. The reenactment of Brutus’ most infamous achievement.

Invocation of True Name is performed simultaneously with the deployment of a bounded-field over a predetermined area. At that moment, one individual within range must be specified as the main target. Surrounding hostility (hate) will begin to congregate onto said target, causing the nearby people to attack him regardless of being friend or foe. Although it is possible to resist this to some degree by means of Magic Resistance or protections against mental interference, it becomes increasingly harder to endure the longer one remains within the bounded-field. Furthermore, there is also an effect falsely similar to Predisposition to Sadism that increases people’s aggressiveness once they begin to attack. Eventually, a hellish scene of a large crowd assaulting a single helpless victim while lost in a mad frenzy will be realized.

Adrasteia Philippos – O Gods, Punish My Offender

Sword of divine retribution. Brutus’ last resort. The crystallization of the anecdotes regarding his death and the last vestiges of “the something” that once possessed him. According to legends, after accepting his defeat at the Battle of Philippi, Brutus committed suicide by impaling himself with his own sword. Right before dying, he invoked the name of the Roman gods in a curse against the arch-enemy that had cornered him to such a point, Marcus Antonius. Normally this could be just brushed aside as the grumblings of a sore loser, but given the tragic fate that Marcus Antonius met afterwards, one cannot help but wonder if that curse had some weight in the end.

Once the True Name is invoked, his sword will borrow the power of a certain divinity in order to perform an attack of retributive justice. The true target of this attack is not the opponent himself, but rather his fate. By employing the bad karma accumulated between Brutus and the opponent as a catalyst, the sword will server all blessingsgood fortuneglorysalvation. Consequentially, the opponent becomes effectively cursed to walk down a path that will lead only to his own ruin.

A powerful Noble Phantasm, but since activation only becomes possible when Brutus is on the verge of death, it is of little help in terms of obtaining victory. Rather, this is something he can rely on only after resigning himself to aim for a draw, mutual destruction.

Background
    BACKGROUND

Marcus Junius Brutus. A Roman politician that lived in the late 1st century BC, in the dying years of the Roman Republic. Also, one of the ringleaders of the conspiracy that led to the assassination of Julius Caesar, his name became a synonymous for personal betrayal and treason as a result.

Born in 85 BC as the son of a renowned tribune (also named Marcus Junius Brutus; often styled as "the Elder" by historians) and Servilia Caepionis, the daughter of a distinguished family of Rome. Servilia also became known as the elder sister of Marcus Porcius Cato Uticensis (Cato, the Younger) and a mistress of Julius Caesar. Meanwhile, his paternal ancestry could be traced back to Lucius Junius Brutus, one of the founders of the Republic.

It has been told that Brutus had a good relationship with Cato, the Younger and began his political career as an aide to his maternal uncle when the older man became governor of Cyprus. During this period, he demonstrated a talent for business by amassing great wealth through money-lending. Upon his return to Rome years later, that wealth would be employed as a dowry in order to secure his marriage with the daughter of an influential politician.

Brutus eventually obtained a seat in the Roman Senate by joining a faction that opposed the First Triumvirate. He participated in the Great Roman Civil War as a strategist, and despite having joined the losing side, he was granted amnesty and allowed to return to politics after the conflict. Eventually, he would be nominated governor of Gallia and, later, praetor (law officer) of Rome.

After purging the last of his political rivals and putting an end to the Civil War, Caesar returned to Rome and began to take measures to secure indisputable power over the state. His increasingly despotic attitude caused apprehensions among other members of the Senate and the Roman elite, who feared the end of the Republic. They eventually united in a conspiracy against him. Supposedly, Brutus was not part of that conspiracy at first, but instead was persuaded to join them at a later date through the urging of the people around him, including his wife (by that point, Brutus had already divorced his first wife and remarried Porcia Catonis, the daughter of his uncle Cato, the Younger that had been killed by Caesar in the previous war).

After allying himself the conspirators, Brutus quickly rose within their ranks and eventually became the right-hand of their leader, Gaius Cassius Longinus. When the plot to assassinate Caesar was set in motion, Brutus became something like a possessed man. Carrying out the necessary arrangements with obsessive diligence, he persisted even after worries of their plot being discovered caused other conspirators to become hesitant, urging them to fulfill their roles.

Everything culminated on that day of March 15th, 44 BC (Idus Martiae).

Convinced to visit the Theater of Pompey under a false pretext, Caesar was ambushed by the conspirators while completely unarmed. Over sixty men pulled out daggers and ganged up on the tyrant all at once. In simple terms, it was death by lynching. Supposedly, they attacked with such reckless abandon that some ended up hurting each other by accident.

Infamous Traitor

For most of the conspirators, the assassination of Caesar was nothing more than another case of foul play. Although definitely deplorable, it was no worse than the many other treacheries that happened on Roman politics on an almost daily basis. But that was not the case for Brutus. His participation on that plot was seen as specially wicked. After all, he and Caesar shared a personal history.

Back when Brutus was still a child, his father was killed under orders of Pompeius after being caught in the crossfire of a certain political struggle. Supposedly, the widowed Servilia became intimate with Caesar soon after and the two would often visit each other’s houses. Brutus was thus raised with Caesar acting as a foster parent of sorts for him (although there is no definite evidence, some theories raise the possibility of Caesar being in fact his biological father).

Under those circumstances, many thought Brutus would take Caesar side when the Civil War occurred. Instead, he chose to fight under Pompeius – his father's foe. While it is generally believed that Brutus saw Caesar's affront to the Senate's authority back then as a threat to the Republic itself and chose to prioritize his ideological convictions over personal relationships, but the truth remains unknown.

Caesar was unfazed this however, and even gave specific orders to his soldiers to avoid harming Brutus should they meet him in the battlefield. When Brutus surrendered after defeat in battle, Caesar welcomed him warmly without accusing him of any transgressions and even nominated to become a close aide of his. It is also believed that Caesar had a hand in Brutus' successful political career after the war.

Looking at things objectively, Brutus had no reasons to want Caesar dead. Even if he had a duty to protect the Republic against tyranny, there should also have been a moral obligation to find a way to spare the life of the benefactor that helped him time and again in the past. Yet, Brutus was in fact the most adamant to see Caesar killed. An obsession that surpassed all logic and reason.

Was that really just the result of pressure from his surroundings?

Or was it derived from something even more sinister?

...as a matter of fact, not even Brutus himself knew the truth. According to legends, he ran away in a disoriented state upon seeing Caesar´s dead body on the ground. He would then spend the rest of his days in anguish, trying to make sense of how exactly things turned out the way they did. Supposedly, he was even haunted by Caesar's ghost occasionally.

But that situation did not last for long.

In 43 BC, Caesar's ever-loyal former lieutenant, Marcus Antonius, and his legitimate heir, Octavianus (who later became First Emperor Augustus) joined hands with Marcus Aemilius Lepidus to form the Second Triumvirate and take control of Roman politics. Their first order of business was to purge Caesar's murderers. Although the conspirators were able to amass a sizable army and put up a good fight, they were all ultimately defeated and killed at the Battle of Philippi. Brutus among them.

Master of Chaos' Servant Standards

F/GO ID: 011416057/カオス

quote for higher truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Get famous in America, you're American. That's literally how America works.
    Unless you're Justin Bieber, Canada didn't want him, but America refuses to claim responsibility
    Quote Originally Posted by In a certain South Park episode...
    Kyle Broflovski: And what happens when an invulnerable cheater comes up against an elitist corporate dictator?
    Eric Cartman: A perfect storm of hypocrisy that everyone in the country has to deal with for months on end.

Blog Entries
    That's a really interesting Brutus sheet. His first NP brainwashing others into ganging up on the target is a very creative way of interpreting the legend of Caesar's assassination. I never would've thought of something like that but it's scarily fitting and much more interesting than the usual "special attack against rulers/tyrants" that I've seen used in most Brutus sheets.

I'm curious what you had in mind with his Sneering Iron Will Skill and the mentions in his Background bio that he killed Caesar for other reasons beyond ideology or lust for power. Did you have anything particular in mind there or did you just intend it to be left as a mystery? Makes me wonder if he got literally possessed by Nemesis or something...

Blog Entries
    You know what really messes me up sometimes, the idea that Heracles can be an assassin and it's theoretically stronger than his berserker form. How has nobody made that sheet yet?

My Servant Compendium

Ever wonder what a Holy Grail War set in Texas would be like? Well wonder no longer because here is:
    Fate Texas Night
    Become Naunet the next leader of the Atlas Institute and fight your way to the top of a deadly war.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    i think someone did that and the np was cross dressing?
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

He Who Grins at the Boarder of Reality, Cheshire Cat

He Who Grins at the Boarder of Reality
    Foreigner Cheshire Cat

Class: Foreigner
    Alternate Classes: Alter Ego, Caster, Berserker
    True Name: Cheshire Cat (Edward Liddell)
    Origin: Wonderland
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Armaments: Every part of his body separately
    Attribute: Earth
    Traits: Male, Phantasmal, Liddell, Weak to Enuma Elish

Wish for the Grail: To spend happy days with his family and friends.

Appearance: Cheshire has purple, somewhat messy, hair and two cat ears with same colored fur. He wears a purple sleeveless vest jacket, open in the front to reveal he wears a sleeveless t-shirt light and dark purple stripes. He wears purple pants (lots a purple) with pockets that he generally keeps his hands in, said pants are held up by a black belt a smiling cat for the buckle. Finally behind him is a purple cat tail.

Bio: Eldest brother of Alice Liddell, Edward became acquainted with and befriended the famed author Lewis Carroll, and much like all his siblings save Alice has been forgotten in history. Save a single mishap on a boating trip the record of Edward stops at “Elder brother of Alice Liddell” thus he holds no legend to be recorded in the Throne of Heroes.

Had the world run its course Edward would’ve disappeared from the world, his soul returning to the Root, and yet unusual events altered this course. By some miracle, or perhaps disaster, the world of Wonderland has become manifested, drawing in the Liddell siblings in its wake. In the process Edward absorbed the Phantom Spirit of one of the famed characters of Carroll’s book, the Cheshire Cat. Thus he has manifested as the Foreigner class servant Cheshire Cat, existing on the edge between reality and nonexistence, a fitting state for a forgotten man.

Parameters:

-Strength: D+
    -Endurance: B
    -Agility: A++
    -Mana: C+
    -Luck: E
    -NP: A+

Skills
    Class Skills:

-Existence Outside the Domain A+: A skill denoting one as either being or having the powers of which are foreign to the world. As an entity which exists at the boarder of reality and nonreality Foreigner has earned this skill at a high rank, however as he prefers and leans towards reality over nonreality it is kept from EX rank. This skill allows Foreigner to warp reality and side step the rules of the world (or others) to gain his advantage. He can bend or even break most of the world’s rules, as well as create paradoxes but going to far may hold disastrous effects for both himself and others.

-Insanity EX: A skill denoting one’s mentality as being excessively different to the norm, something which easily applies to Foreigner. Foreigner often maintains the idea that there is no such thing as “Sanity” or “Logic” and maintains that accepting this fact is the only sane and logical thing to do, earning him this skill at its highest rank. This skill works in much the same way as Madness Enhancement, helping Foreigner to resist mental attacks and increasing his parameters, however unlike Madness Enhancement he maintains his ability to think, speak, plan, etc. regardless of how high the skill becomes.

-Wonder Origin B+: A skill denoting both one’s origins within Wonderland and having the mindset innate to this world, Foreigner as one such resident with such a mindset has earned this skill. While he maintains a mindset and attitude innate to his role, Foreigner does not fully succumb to it occasionally going “off script” giving plan answers, as a result this skill has been deranked to its current state. This skill allows Foreigner to can resist most forms of mental attack and manipulation, in addition she is able to perform actions which defy the laws of physics with little to no use of mana.

Personal Skills:

-We’re All Mad Here B: A skill born of one’s acceptance of both their own insanity and that of others, Foreigner maintains an attitude of “We’re all a little crazy” earning him this skill. He accepts it as fact that everyone is crazy, regardless of perspective, but his former life as a human result in a habit of considering some more insane than others, decreasing this skills rank to its current state. This skill offers a boon too everyone whom Foreigner considers “Mad”, this boon becoming all the stronger the Madder he views these people as.

-Self-Modification (Nonsensical) B-: A variation of the Self-Modification skill denoting one’s ability to alter one’s body particularly in a nonsensical manner, Foreigner has earned this skill as a result of his bodies ability to change in unusual ways. At this rank Foreigner is able to separate his limps from his body while maintaining control, as well as making them float in mid-air. It remains effective until Foreigner either reattaches his limps or the mana needed to sustain the change runs out, however should they be too heavily damaged, or the connection lost he will lose the limb. He can regrow lost limbs, but this will take time and Mana.

-Schrodinger's Cat A+: A skill denoting one’s capacity to exist as two opposites, alive and dead, existing and not existing, simultaneously. Foreigner has earned this skill by his own merit, able to disappear and reappear at will, earning him the skill at A rank. It is slightly increased in rank due to his absorption of the Phantom Spirit Schrodinger’s Cat, though only by a small degree. At its current rank this skill allows Foreigner to exist as such opposites for hours or even days with little issue, as well as transfer this state to others. When he does, he can choose what state they return to once the effect ends. If done by force people can resist, and Foreigner himself can be forced into one state of the other by way of magecraft though this is more difficult.

Noble Phantasms
    Noble Phantasms:

-Schrodinger Smile: The Grin Which Boarders Existence A+:

An offensive form of Cheshire Cat’s various reality bending/breaking abilities, it allows him to forcefully bring others to the edge of two opposites. Burning and drenched, blessed and cursed, life and death, existence and nonexistence, those brought to these boarders by this Noble Phantasm have their bodies and minds irrevocably changed. Even Cheshire has no idea upon which side of the two extremes these people will end up.

Interactions
    Interactions with others:

-Summon: “Hello there Player, are you enjoying the game, have you gotten your favorite servant yet? Hmm… What player you ask? Why Master, the one whose playing this game of course.”

-Queen of Hearts: “Oh you want my head? Well here then have it.”

-Berserker class servants: “Are you as mad as me? Are you madder? Does it matter? Who knows?”

-Alice: “Here is a riddle for you, how much of me is your brother, and how much of me is the cat? Even I do not know.”

Other’s interactions with her:

-Queen of Hearts: “Off with his head, I don’t care that it comes off on its own, I still want it.”

-Kiyohime: “I’m not crazy, I’m in love.”

-Raikou: “Its not mad for a mother to care for her precious children.”

-Alice: “There’s a riddle I’ll never solve, because it doesn’t matter. You are both how much of each is of no importance.”

Authors Notes: In case this is the first of these you’ve seen I’ve had an idea for a Wonderland lostbelt/singularity, and this is one of the servants within. In addition to the Cheshire Cat he’s also Schrodinger’s cat (in case you couldn’t figure it out from the many references) I couldn’t find a way to put in the bio, not naturally at least.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That is i must say a really wholesome Ötzi,you made a good idea with the Tattoos and that his Noblephantasm reflect his (former/actual) state as glaciermummy ,but something bother me as i have seen in a documentary and through investigation Reports that he were presumably one of the lesser active hunters of his Group due to that he were amongst their "higher-ups" .but in either case a good sheet i would be intersted what his oppinion would be of my Cherooke Caster ?

and what do you say to my Jimmu ? would you say i have gotten better ?
    I won't say anything about your Jimmu since everything that should be said has already been said. Regarding your Cherokee Caster, since Ötzi is not completely against progress, he wouldn't be happy with her Anti-Progress NP

Blog Entries
    So I've been considering giving a certain Servant an NP that lets him basically turn others into Pseudo-Servants of himself, letting them keep their personality but gain his stats and Skills. I'm wondering what sort of weaknesses to give that sort of NP, because I could see it getting really overpowered really fast. Any thoughts?

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, not to point out the obvious but there ought to be a hard limit on how many can be created otherwise nothing would stop them from creating an army.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Well, not to point out the obvious but there ought to be a hard limit on how many can be created otherwise nothing would stop them from creating an army.
    I considered making magical energy cost a soft limit, since each extra copy he creates is another Servant for his Master to sustain. Also thought up having both the original and copies get weaker each time a new one is made, since he's basically dividing up his saint graph every time he uses it.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I think him and his copies getting weaker with every new copy should be enough of a nerf. If you also want to add an increase in the mana cost, you could make it so that what increases it is not "having a new Servant to sustain", but "keeping the Saint Graph divided"

Blog Entries
    Servant Rider:

Appearance:

Source

True Name
    : Jose Gaspar "Last Of The Buccaneers"

Alignment
    : Chaotic Neutral

Strength- C
    Agility- B+
    Endurance- B
    Mana- D
    Luck- C
    NP- A

History
    Rider's true name is Jose Gaspar, a legendary pirate-king who supposedly terrorized the waters of Florida between the 18th and 19th century.

Much of Gaspar's true past is shrouded in mystery, but he boasts many legends laiden with romance and adventure. Stories tell of the time he plundered the Crown Jewels of Spain and made off with them in a commandeered admiral ship. Another famous anecdote is when he executed his lady-love Useppa and regretfully named an island in her honor.

In truth Gaspar was someone who almost certainly never existed in reality. Rather than a real person he was a fictional creation born from those who admired the image of a "fierce pirate-king", perhaps amalgamating the anecdotes of several real-life pirates to add veracity to his legend.
    Even though Gaspar never truly existed, his legend is still spread and promoted endlessly by those who believe in him and the "
    ideal
    " he embodies; that of a true pirate, strong and free, forever seeking out riches and adventure on the high seas. As long as people still extoll that ideal, Gaspar shall never die.

Personality
    Rider acts laid-back and jovial, but that belies his amoral true nature. As a pirate he revels in plundering from others, having no qualms in murder and robbery for the sake of satisfying his desires. He enjoys indulging himself in fine wine and treasure, but in Rider's words none of those things have quite the same allure if they aren't stolen from others. However, due to bearing regrets over executing the love of his life Useppa, Rider acts surprisingly courteous around the opposite sex. He'll go out of his way to try to spare female opponents and never kill a woman if he can help it. A peculiarly chivalrous trait in one as amoral as Rider.

Rider is also quite boastful. He enjoys regaling others with extravagant and often exaggerated tales of his various exploits. These stories often contradict each other due to the details of Rider's legend being lost to history, but Rider doesn't care as he tells them more to amuse himself and others than to actually convince anyone.

Rider doesn't care that he's likely a fictional character instead of a real person from history. As long as he can explore, plunder and enjoy himself to the fullest, Rider is satisfied. His wish on the Holy Grail would be to revive his former love Useppa, whose death marks Rider's only regret.

"Why do I wanna' bring back someone who probably never even existed to begin with? Ha, don't think so deeply about such things Master. I don't care if it's an illusion, I just want to see her smiling face again."

Attitude to his Master
    Rider treats his Master as his "first mate". As a man who disdains authority Rider would naturally rebel against any Master who tries to assert themselves as his superior. However if his Master is willing to serve alongside him Rider would be willing to share a portion of his plunder and glory with them. If summoned by a female Master, Rider will act far more gallant and gentlemanly around her. In that case he'll likely request that his Master stay off the battlefield so she won't get hurt and leave the fighting to him. He'll also try to flirt with her in cheesy ways like buying her expensive (stolen) gifts and complimenting her beauty.

Dislikes: authority, killing women, false accusations
    Talent: all the skills necessary for a pirate captain
    Natural Enemy: Useppa

Class Skills:

Riding- N/A
    The ability to ride animals and handle vehicles. Due to being overwritten by his Personal Skill Voyager Of The Storm, this Skill has been lost.

Magic Resistance- D
    Confers protection against magical effects. At this rank only Single-Action spells are nullified. Magic Resistance equivalent in degree to an amulet that rejects magical energy. Hailing from the modern day and having no legends of encountering Magecraft or the supernatural, Rider would normally sport a bare minimum shred of resistance. However, due to so much of his legend being shrouded in mystery Rider earns a higher rank in this Skill.

Personal Skills:

Voyager Of The Storm- B

The talent to sail vessels recognized as ships. Because capability as a group leader is also necessary, this Skill also includes Charisma and Military Tactics at the same rank.

As a great pirate captain, Rider naturally boasts a high rank in this Skill.

Honor Of Pirates- A
    A Skill deriving from a pirate's peculiar sense of values. Low-rank Bravery, Mental Pollution and Battle Continuation are included. Extolled as the last bastion of the old age of piracy, Rider possesses a high rank in this Skill. As the historical man bearing his name is a mere fiction, Rider can be called the embodiment of piracy itself.

Golden Rule- C
    Qualifies one's fortune to acquire wealth. At this rank Rider is guaranteed a life untroubled by money. According to legend Rider left a great treasure behind somewhere on the coast of Florida before his death. The treasure has never been found to this day, but its worth is estimated to be easily amongst millions of dollars.

Noble Phantasms
    Floridablanca
    Scourge Of The High Seas

Type: Anti-Army

Rider's signature pirate ship, accompanying him on all his legendary raids. Due to its connection with his legend Rider can manifest the ship as his Noble Phantasm. It takes the form of a large, archetypal-looking pirate ship, complete with a skull-and-crossbones emblazoned mast and several large cannons lining the hull.

Offensively, the ship can fire cannonballs equal to B-ranked Noble Phantasms as well as ram opponents with its prow in a powerful charging attack. Though obviously built for the seas, it can "sail" across land as well, churning up the earth in its path like water. The basis for this ability- which Rider's ship obviously didn't possess in life- is unclear, though it might just be a blessing of the Grail to make his Noble Phantasm more useful given the landlocked nature of most Grail Wars.

However, this Noble Phantasm's greatest ability lies in the legend of how Rider escaped following his theft of the Crown Jewels. When its true name is invoked, the ship will just for an instant move at impossible speed to get Rider out of harm's way. Any obstacles in the way are bypassed as if they weren't even there. Whether a wall of fire or a hail of projectiles, the ship simply skips past them as if teleporting. In truth this is an application of the Second Magic- Kaleidoscope, warping space to bring Rider instantly to safety. However this ability taxes Rider's Mana heavily and can only be called on once per day.

Peso De La Tumba Acuosa
    Weight Of The Watery Grave

A Noble Phantasm crystallizing the legend surrounding Rider's death. As the story goes in his final battle Rider's ship was riddled with cannonfire and about to sink. Rather than surrender Rider wrapped an anchor chain around his own body and leaped defiantly into the sea, yelling "Gasparilla dies by his own hand, not the enemy's!"

This legend manifests as a thick anchor-shaped spear Rider wields, secured around his arm by an iron chain. The anchor is a conceptual weapon that serves as an offensive reinterpretation of Rider's death by sinking into the sea. Rider can either grasp the anchor and swing it as a spear or hold it by the chain and lash it about like a flail. A versatile weapon which can be wielded adeptly for both close and long range. As the chain is made of Rider's magical energy it can be freely extended, giving more opportunities to take the opponent by surprise.

However, its true ability as a Noble Phantasm is something else entirely. It was the anchor's sheer weight that dragged Rider to his death in the watery depths, so this Noble Phantasm's greatest ability is its weight. When Rider invokes the anchor's true name it becomes tremendously heavy, smashing through anything beneath it. Even if simply resting on the ground the anchor will indent the earth into a deep crater.

It goes without saying that anything directly beneath the anchor when this ability is deployed will certainly be crushed. As Rider lacks the strength to swing the anchor in this state, he mainly uses this Noble Phantasm by flinging it above the opponent on the chain and then invoking this ability to bring it crashing down on them with incredible force.

Gasparilla
    Neverending Festival Of Piracy

Type: Anti-Unit/Anti-Legend

A Noble Phantasm manifesting the festival held in Rider's name in modern day Florida. In it, countless people would dress up as pirates in Rider's crew and playfully "invade" the city. Then the pretend pirates would celebrate their "conquest" with a great festival, engaging in a day-long parade of drinking, partying and general merriment across Florida. The festival is incredibly popular, being the third biggest parade in all America.

Normally Rider wouldn't possess the parade as a Noble Phantasm due to it being established long after his death and having only a tangential relation to his own deeds. However, as Rider's existence itself is born from myths and legends, he fittingly possesses their culmination as his Noble Phantasm.

In the parade anyone could become part of Rider's crew. Even if it was only for a day, in those fleeting moments they could indulge in the thrill and romance of an imagined life of piracy on the high seas. It can be said that on the Gasparilla Festival, "everyone becomes Jose Gaspar".
    As such, this Noble Phantasm allows Rider to imbue a fragment of his
    legend
    saint graph
    to others. Those affected retain their original personality and memories, but gain all of Rider's Personal Skills and Noble Phantasms. In effect, they become "another Jose Gaspar". Since they possess Gasparilla as well, they can pass on its effects to others, feeding the cycle. A truly absurd Noble Phantasm that has the potential to create a limitless number of "Jose Gaspars", propagating Rider's existence endlessly.

However, as this Noble Phantasm divides up Rider's saint graph, both Rider himself and any subsequent offshoots will grow weaker with new one created. This is reflected in their parameters, Skills and Noble Phantasms being gradually ranked down. Once they reach E-rank, no further offshoots can be created. If any offshoots are killed, their portion of Rider's saint graph will automatically return to him. Rider himself can at will "take back" his saint graph from anyone currently borrowing it, regaining his original strength and leaving them merely ordinary humans again.

Rider uses this Noble Phantasm to amass a crew for himself in the modern day. With his great charisma Rider can easily rally followers to join his cause with promises of booty and adventure. As the offshoots retain their original personalities they're not assured to be loyal to Rider, but the threat of withdrawing his blessing is usually enough to keep them in line.

If Rider himself is killed, his personality and memories will be randomly transferred into one of his crew, essentially turning them into the "real" Jose Gaspar. A thoroughly selfish ability that allows Rider to prolong his own life by hijacking anyone who bears the role of "Jose Gaspar". Naturally, Rider hides this aspect of his Noble Phantasm from anyone he tries to recruit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So this is the Servant I'd been talking about. Thanks to Padoru and Skill for helping me out with his last NP.

I first heard about Gaspar in a documentary a few weeks ago and thought he'd be an interesting figure to make into a Servant. I considered making him secretly a Faker-Class John Gomez instead, using his fame as having spread Gaspar's legend to hijack the saint graph of his alleged captain. But that ended up too complicated so I just went with a fairly straightforward take on the guy, albeit with some twists.

As usual, comments and critiques would be much appreciated. Thanks for reading y'all!
    Last edited by RoydGolden; October 7th, 2019 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Added opinion of his Master